Freightview Ratings

Overall

About Freightview

If you ship LTL freight, you can use Freightview to pull all of your negotiated LTL rates into one place so it's easy to compare your options and pick the best one. Then you can schedule pickups, prepare bills of lading, print shipping labels and track your shipments from pickup to delivery. Our unified address book means you never have to type an address twice. Plus you can visualize all of your shipping data as charts, graphs, reports and spreadsheet download. Learn more about Freightview

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees
August 28, 2019

“Advanced supply chain software for all businesses”

OverallWe have been using Freightview to visualise data of all shipments that are in transit, which is a great option, especially when preparing spreadsheets and reports for meetings. In addition, analytics and graphical representation of data is simple to read and process for the entire team. Our company procures shipments (aircraft spare parts) from literally all around the world, so having software to manage the logistics is a wise decision. It is also possible to report on the performance of carriers, which is always helpful as these comments would be useful to improve performance. The customer management module is flawless, as is invoicing. We have been using this software for several months and are pleased with it. Would continue with it in the future without doubt!
ProsFreightview is a dependable supply chain management solution that helps keep track of shipments and is optimal for freight management for businesses. Freightview can be utilised by several industries for procurement and is a robust tool for tracking deliveries, shipments and logistics. One can view the rates and compare all options whilst choosing the best one for your requirement. Overall it is an excellent software for supply chain and procurement teams that need to stay on top of the process and tasks.
ConsWe are quite pleased with the software, however the pricing could be more competitive.

By Freightview on August 29, 2019
Thank you for the great feedback and review! Please let us know if you ever have any questions, or if there's ever anything we can do.
August 28, 2019
Jamie T.
Director of Operations
Furniture, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2017

“Great Value and Ease of Use”

OverallOverall we really do love Freightview. It's affordable and powerfully simple. Pickups are scheduled, BOL's are effortlessly created, it just suits us great. That being said, there are some quirks I would love to see fixed. First off, there needs to be better support for specific carrier accessorials. Some carriers don't recognize or accurately quote accessorials as they should based on the selections available in FV. This causes invoices to be off from the quote displayed on FV. Just for a quick example: There's only one option to select on FV for "Limited Access", however some carriers do not recognize just "Limited Access", my Estes for example, does not recognize that and leaves out the $ fee that is in my pricing. This causes invoices to be off by $. There are other issues similar to this such as FV having two options for notification, "Notify prior to delivery" and "Call for Appointment", well depending on which one you select, a portion of our carriers display an error when quoting because they don't support that accessorial. We book every shipment with "Call for Appointment". However, a handful of my carriers return an error for this. This causes me to have to re-run the rate with the alternate selected to get those carriers to show up. At that point the majority of the other carriers return an error. This doubles the time it would normally take to run a rate. There are other quirks like this that I feel should be fixed. By not selecting the accessorial at all, which has been a proposed workaround, the carriers that do charge for that service do not properly reflect that in the rate. I would like to try to work with someone to solve these bugs. For such a great system it seems this could be fixed. All that being said, again we love Freightview. It's the easiest to use TMS I've come across and one of the most affordable. Oh one more thing, we need the ability to customize label and BOL templates. Also a branded tracking page would be fantastic. Right now all of those things are basically Freightview advertising. For a subscription service I feel I should have the ability to customize my templates, such as in Shipstation (small package) for example.
Prosease of use, simplicity, speed, affordability
Conslacking support for specific carrier accessorials, no claims management system (a simple database that linked with shipment data as an area to record claims made to carriers would be fantastic), no ability to customize BOL or Label templates, no branded tracking page, closed API (only available for rating), no integration with major e-Commerce providers
Recommendations to other buyersYour support staff is super responsive and I've always appreciated that. There's just the bugs I've mentioned that cause some rating to be off and this is frustrating based on how much we have to use FV. It also makes training new employees on the system difficult as you have to show them all the special little "quirks" about the system. In my opinion it should just work right. I'd love to see these issues resolved and to see the system continue to grow.

By Freightview on February 6, 2019
Thanks for the great review and feedback Jamie! As of 02/2019, we have added a function to manage claims, branded tracking, rating, booking and a tracking API, and additional carrier accessorials. I'll keep in touch on the others, but let us know if anything else comes to mind!
Jason F.
January 24, 2019

“Extreme Time Saver”

OverallExcellent! I could not be more pleased. I have referred multiple customers to them and will continue to do so. Such a breathe of fresh air in this ultra competitive space and their customer service rocks!! Don't pass up this opportunity. If you ship daily LTL, you need this......trust me!!
ProsThis software saves us so much time it is literally like having an extra employee at a fraction of the cost. Freightview saves so much time in quoting multiple carriers, producing BOL's and labels, and booking LTL shipments, along with seamless tracking w/ notification and they are constantly adding new features. Another huge feature is their analytics. It provides so much info and also provides a lot of leverage when negotiating with new carriers. You can pull past shipment info in a matter of seconds, something that used to be such a pain, you hated to even try to set up new carriers because of the hands on nature of pulling all the documents and relaying to sales/pricing departments.
ConsThere are only two cons and one I know they are working on. Currently you can not pull POD's from software but they are in the process of providing this solution. Hopefully this year. The second would be that it is difficult to pull up a past shipment over 90 days. Luckily we don't need to do this often.

By Freightview on February 6, 2019
Thank you for the review and feedback, Jason! We should now be pulling POD's from 10 carriers, with more to be added throughout 2019. We just released a solution to make searching past 90 days more streamlined as well. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!
January 24, 2019
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2019

“Essential software for B2B or any company that ships LTL and FTL freight”

OverallA life saver and necessity for any company that dispatches LTL and FTL freight on a normal basis. Brokers and logistics companies can also benefit from this system. Although this can technically eliminate the need for hiring a broker or logistics company, it may or may not be a good idea since they often provide other types of value to a business.
ProsAnyone who has experience dealing with freight or supply chain logistics knows it can be challenging task. We used to manually get quotes from different carriers, produce our own delivery orders and bill of ladings, schedule pickup/delivery, manage, follow-up, and track shipments for LTL and FTL deliveries. With Freightview, this whole process is facilitated and streamlined. Saves a bunch of time, money, and headache. I love that you can get quotes, generate documents, track shipments, and keep everything nice and organized all in a single system. The layout is also very easy to navigate and lets customers feel you are in touch with every stage of the process. In addition, a personalized link can be provided to customers so they can track the progress of a shipment on their own. This is a huge plus that was once only offered by larger logistics companies.
ConsNot many cons I can think of. The only thing we would like to see is more options as far as carriers that are integrated into the system. Since you are limited to the carriers they work with, it is important to have an extensive list (although it seems like most of the known ones are there).

By Freightview on August 29, 2019
Thank you for the great review!
August 9, 2019
Rodney B.
Manager of Traffic, Material Control and Assembly
Machinery, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2019

“Time saver when using multiple LTL carriers”

OverallIt's been a huge timesaver for me as I manage the traffic for our 3 locations and was the only one that could generate the quotes, pick ups and BOL's. Now that is handled with ease at all locations with minumum training on my part and they had never used TMS. One of the things that really made me switch was the ease of Auditing freight invoices. I used to have to audit all invoices but your program made that so easy our accounts payable department can do it now. If there is ever a way to pay directly we would use that as well.
ProsThe ease of creating a shipment is outstanding. The speed of the site while pricing through 15 carriers is great. The Freightview team that have worked to make my changing over from another TMS so effortlessly on my end. The immediate responses to any issues I was unfamiliar with or questions I had were always answered very quick. I'm glad the rep kept checking in and giving me time to try Freightview.
ConsMy old TMS had our UPS pricing included to quote a parcel shipment. It also had UPS Ground Freight Pricing included so I knew which was more economical. I would love to be able to quote zip to zip. One thing I think could change is when you do an outbound customer routed shipment it would be nice to keep your default ship from loaded. No major concern whatsoever though.

By Freightview on October 10, 2019
Thank you for the excellent review, Rodney! The feedback is appreciated and keep an eye out for UPS Parcel and Ground w/ Freight Pricing in the very near future. Thanks again!
October 3, 2019
Rob K.
Freight Coordinator
Machinery, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“This is the best web portal ever! ”

OverallMy overall experience with FV has been wonderful!! It has allowed me to not only restructure my entire freight dept. but it has given me more time with my crew and training people more in depth about different, more complicated aspect of the freight world. i don't have to spend hours a day running quotes or dealing with some company server down that wont allow to use whatever it may be. It has taken the inconveniences of my job and made them much more enjoyable. "CSR" .. whom i like to call the all time FV support analyst has been so good to me and my team over the last year (if it hasn't been a year its been alomst 1) i just wanted to give him/her an extra shout for all the hard work being done!
ProsThis software allows me to save so much time when quoting anything almost going anywhere!! I regularly use about 7 to 10 different carriers.. I like to spread the love and all of them have specific quirks about them that allow me to do so. Opening that may tads and using everyone's website could sometimes take a couple hours to do. Now it takes me 10 min. I provide quotes for things I don't have.. so guesstimating takes time when you need to be right. so wherever i can save the time i will!
Consi don't necessarily like that most companies won't allow me to provide an inbound quote.. but that's really all that it is. FV has changed freight shipping for my current and past companies ever since they went live.

By Freightview on February 20, 2019
Thank you for the excellent review, Rob! I'll reach out to you directly to confirm where you can do inbound quotes as well. Let me know if anything comes up!
January 9, 2019
Zac W.
Operations Manager
May 17, 2018

“Time saving, stream lined, one stop shop for rate quoting.”

OverallAll the things i listed in my review. this seems very redundant.
ProsAll my carriers in one place, all my customers in my address book, amazing data to provide my LTL reps for better rates, uniform BOL across all carriers, Pre-PRO'd shipments so I don't have to trust a driver with a sticker book to stick the right pallet, Being able to run spot and volume quotes in one place, lightning fast response from customer service on the rare occasion of an issue, seeing customer service listen to and apply my feedback, tracking all my shipments in one place, having a landing page for a consignee to be able to watch and track from, using the same landing page for inbound shipments so the shipper can reprint BOL's if needed and print pallet labels in the size that they need. Blogs are always poignant and help to become a better shipper and possible alert me to issues others are encountering or mistakes I've been making that are costing me unnecessarily.
ConsI'm spoiled and overly reliant on it. Also, with its ease of use, it does potentially make part of my position easier to fill with someone whom has little to no shipping experience.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the review and all the great feedback Zac!
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
May 18, 2018

“Freightview has been a big time saver for us and it is very user friendly. ”

OverallTime savings and convenience. User friendly, even employees with little freight experience can navigate system and get rates.
ProsSaves time from going to multiple trucking websites comparing freight rates. Easy to load new trucking companies in the system. All you have to do is enter shipment information into Freightview, ie origin and destination, weight, pallet count, special instructions, etc. and the trucking rates I have loaded into the system pop up. Freightview saves shipping addresses in the system for future use. One click and generates BOL and schedules the pickup. It is also convenient to be able to go back and look at shipments to gather information.
ConsWhen completing the BOL, sometimes if you use and already loaded "description" it automatically changes the weight of the shipment based on previous shipments. We really need to look at other features available in Freightview that could help us.

By Freightview on May 30, 2018
Thank you for the great review! Please feel free to email us at support@freightview.com or give us a call at 913-353-6188, and we'd be happy to setup a time to make sure you're taking advantage of all available features!
Chuck S.
Operations Manager
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2018

“Freightview is a great tool for comparing multiple carrier rates at one time”

ProsFor standard quotes, it is a great way to obtain all of your carrier's rates in one easy to use web app. The feature set is constantly growing - there is always something new coming. The detailed breakdown feature is very helpful for determining the cost breakdown of shipments and the proximity to terminal location makes it easy for me to set proper expectations with my customers as to when shipments will pick up.
ConsThere are certain accessorials that are not covered by the software, so occasionally the rates will be inaccurate. There have been times when incorrect rates have been returned by the carrier through Freightview and the level of assistance when discussing the issue with the carrier was not as in-depth as I would have hoped. Sometimes I feel support wants to close the ticket instead of actually helping with the issue.

By Freightview on May 30, 2018
Thank you for the review and feedback Chuck! I'll follow up with you directly around the quotes that returned as inaccurate. Let me know if there's anything else we can do!
Branch W.
Director of Logistics & Warehousing
Furniture, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2019

“Bang for the buck”

OverallVery positive their customer service is first rate. I had 6 years on the enterprise platform, as that grew bigger and we (my prior employer) used it more and more. That platform was not available to me now, and my contact recommended this "lite" version. The CSR's are even better, and they regularly announce improvements. (Some useful to us, some not.)
ProsLow price, prior history with parent company
ConsA little too barebones in certain areas we could use more robustness. (However, they are building out.)

By Freightview on May 20, 2019
Thank you for the great review and feedback Branch! Look for more feature enhancements in the near future.
May 17, 2019
Darlene C.
Purchasing/Logistics Mgr.
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
May 17, 2018

“It has been a great help to our shipping dept.”

OverallEasy access to reports, shipments, carriers.
ProsEasy to pick the best carrier for the load and to generate paperwork and follow shipments. Able to track shipments and review shipments in the past. Easy to add carriers, users and easy to delete the same.
ConsReports could be better. I was shocked to find that my data disappears after 60 days. That is not enough time. I need at least 6 months to clear invoices and archive shipments. We have asked for an additional column on report that allows us to put in the actual cost vs quoted cost, but as yet have not gotten that.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the review Darlene! We do have a way for you to access your shipment data for as long as your team has used Freightview, and I will send over information on how to do this accordingly. We are getting ready to release our invoicing feature as well, which should allow us to start tracking actual cost vs. quoted cost in the analytics. We will stay in touch as soon as it's released!
Orlando H.
Retail Warehouse & Safety Manager
51-200 employees
December 19, 2017

“My experience over the past few years with Freightview has been outstanding. Great product.”

ProsThe visibility it gives across multiple company locations. The ability to see multiple tariffs on one page eliminating the use of opening tabs. The ability to create users which on top of increasing visibility cuts down on the inbound calls from outside sales force looking for shipment information.
ConsNot allowing pickups to be scheduled if it is past a certain time. If you go to a carriers site they will still allow the schedule but may have a popup saying "pickup time after 3pm maybe scheduled for next day". What that does is allow the local terminal to use its own local rules and shipment load to decide if the shipment will get picked up the same day. Need more education with the carriers to not cover up the Pro# generated with the pre-printed Pro# stickers they carry. When this happens of course, we loose tracking.

By Freightview on December 21, 2017
Thank you for the review and feedback Orlando!
December 19, 2017
Alex S.
Operations Analyst / Shipping Manager
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2017

“Freightview is very easy to use and has helped our organization simplify our process and save money.”

ProsVery user-friendly and makes analytics on our shipping very easy. Helps with setting up appointments and limits time having to wait to talk to a customer service rep to set up a pick-up. Keeping very detailed shipping history has also helped with our payables department being able to go back and look at quotes very quickly and easily.
ConsCould have reasoning as to why certain carrier was not chosen. We have had some instances when the site has crashed which has caused some issues. Shipping Hazmat material can be time-consuming because it still forces you to fill out all of the information. Would be easier if you could check a box that would signify that you are using your own bill of lading and could skip the setting up of information you are not going to use.

By Freightview on December 19, 2017
Thank you for the great review and feedback, Alex!
Kimberly D.
Customer Service Rep
Paper & Forest Products, 201-500 employees
May 18, 2018

“Easy website to naviagate”

OverallSaves me a lot of time from reaching out to each carrier individually to get rates and creating manually reports.
ProsMultiple of rates at once at your finger tips. Easy website to work with. The shipment reports are great and make it easy to share that information internally with co-workers. Analytics allows us to see how much we are spending with each carrier.
ConsAll information input is not transferred over to carriers BOL. Carriers do not report missed pick ups. Transit times are not always accurate if transferring to a partner carrier. Carriers doesn't list that they give to a partner carrier. Unable to get rates for different volumes going to the same address.

By Freightview on May 30, 2018
Thank you for the review Kimberly! We are unfortuantely limited when it comes to what some of carrier's will allow us to put on their BOL, but I'll be sure we take a closer look at the transit information to make sure we're showing exactly what the carrier's sites are reflecting as well. If there's anything we can do, I'll be sure to let you know!
December 7, 2017

“Freightview has been a tremendous time saver in quoting, booking, tracking and bill review.”

ProsThe software is easy to use, visually appealing and well organized. It allows me to check quotes from many (in my case 12 or more) carriers simultaneously to find my best rate and transit time. Then I can book directly with carrier and instantly create a BOL from the database of information that it saves from my previous entries and provide the BOL to my shipper and the tracking information to my customer effortlessly. All of my shipments are then compiled on one page where I can monitor them easily. When the freight delivers, I can verify the invoice matches my quote and archive the shipment for historical review. Above all the software has saved me countless hours of time and made the shipping process exponentially better. I don't want to leave out that the team at Freightview has been a pleasure to work with.
ConsThere is an occasional hiccup with the site updating the status of a shipment. Currently there is no ability to edit the product catalog but hopefully this will be addressed in an update.

By Freightview on December 8, 2017
Thank you for the great review!
December 7, 2017
Eric S.
February 8, 2017

“Excellent Asset For Shipping”

OverallPrior to using Freightview for our company, we always had to view every carriers website individually which was very time consuming. Now with Freightview, all of our rates are in one place and we don't have to spend the time clicking onto each website to see our rates. It has saved us a lot of time and allowed us to branch our with regional carriers we would not have normally done business with. The only drawback is that there are occasional system hiccups that can disrupt shipping procedures, but the good news is that customer service is top notch and can typically give you a good idea of when things will be back up and running.
ProsIt's a huge timesaver as we don't have to view each carrier website individually now. It has also allowed us to us local or regional carriers to take advantage of their savings since we don't have to waste our time viewing each website.
ConsThe technology isn't 100% reliable and there is occasional downtime where we are not able to ship our shipments out. This is rare though and seems to be far and few between.

By Freightview on February 9, 2017
Thank you for the kind review Eric!
Davin D.
shipping manger
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
November 16, 2018

“My Experience using Freightview”

OverallOverall it is very helpful and simple to navigate and like I said it saves a lot of time when it comes do getting different rate quotes.
ProsIt saves a lot of time when it comes to getting a rate quote, also its very easy to create a bill of landing.
ConsOne thing is that when I create a BOL and if I have hazardous material then I need to break down what is what that i am shipping for example how many pieces are hazardous, whats the weight etc. when it comes to writing my skid count i have to write it in the special instructions and it can sometime change my quote when i submit. Also a few times when I get my rate quotes not all carriers will show.

By Freightview on November 20, 2018
Thank you for the review and feedback Davin! This is something we'll be addressing in the near future. I'll reach out to you directly to discuss our next steps.
Chris R.
Warehouse Manager
May 18, 2018

“Very user friendly, fast quoting and many features.”

OverallNo need to login to 15 different sites to pull freight quotes. Much time is saved since the shipping dept. no longer needs to spend an hour researching the best carrier choice as we now have them all in front of us at once.
ProsThe speed it takes to get all my freight quoting completed. Never need to login to multiple websites for online quoting. I am able to book the load in seconds, print BOL's and shipping labels with pre-assigned PRO #'s fast and easy.
ConsSeveral carriers do not support online quoting for certain accessorials. A built in freight class calculator would also help where the suggested class is listed once dims and weight are entered, but allows you to change the class if need be- for instance if you have an FAK with a certain carrier.

By Freightview on May 30, 2018
Thank you for the great review and feedback Chris!
James F.
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
May 17, 2018

“Freightview is a great tool to save time, money, and frustration with a minimum of effort.”

OverallOur company has seen significant savings from the ability to quote all of our carriers with a single action instead of the need to call or visit each carriers site. The ability to have the program automatically generate the BOL further adds to the time savings and ease of use.
ProsFreightview instantly reaches multiple carriers simultaneously for rates and bookings from a single simple interface.
ConsThe one drawback I have been able to find with Freightview is the inability to send automated tracking status. It would be great to be able to receive daily emails showing the tracking status of any shipments still en-route.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the great review James! We will be improving our tracking functionality in the coming months, and will look to add in-transit reporting in the future as well. We'll keep in touch on release updates around this!
Rosemary R.
Customer Relations
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
May 21, 2018

“Easy to use friendly program”

Overallquick reliability
ProsThis software is quick and easy to use for tracking when you need it the most it is there for the customer's questions to be answered in a very timely manner. It also gives all the details needed about the shipment , the trucking company, the amount, the Pro # and the weight, the exact amount of packages and also where the shipment is going or if it was received, etc. This is the best software to immediately give quick responses to our customers who are continually asking for the tracking information on their orders.
ConsThere really is nothing I can say that I would consider a con to this software. I am very satisfied..

By Freightview on May 30, 2018
Thank you for the excellent review Rosemary!
Allen S.
Warehouse Team Lead
Automotive, 51-200 employees
May 17, 2018

“This software has boosted the amount of product going out of my warehouse on a daily basis. ”

OverallThe ease of the software is phenomenal. Customer service is always there to help when i need it as well.
ProsI have all of my freight carriers in one piece of software. It has streamlined all of my freight shipping. I like the fact that it saves all of my shipments and makes it easy to search for them.
ConsSome of the carriers do not have their own individual B.O.Ls and some of them seem to not communicate well with this software. There is times when they change the tracking number on their end because Freightviews does not work or does not generate one properly and im stuck having to call to figure out what has happened.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the great review and feedback Allen! We will be improving upon tracking in the coming future. Stay tuned for updates!
Kelly M.
Sales Administrator
May 17, 2018

“Great for Quotes and Setting up Shipments”

OverallHaving all of my information in one place.
ProsI enjoy that I can get freight quotes from the majority of my freight carriers all in one place. It not only cuts down on the time I spend quoting, but also helps me see a quick snapshot of all the rates to get my customers the best freight rate possible. We recently started using Freightview to schedule shipments and so far it has worked out really great! Being able to see all scheduled shipments, PRO #s and delivery progress is extremely valuable.
ConsThere is not too much that I dislike about the software. One suggestion I have would be to be able to not only generate a BOL, but also a packing list and pallet label.

By Freightview on May 25, 2018
Thank you for the great review and feedback, Kelly!
David C.
VP of Operations
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2018

“Once configured with our frequent carriers, Freightview has been nearly effortless to use.”

OverallSaves time quoting; collects important shipping data for pricing negotiation; provides useful information for different functional groups which improves communication and saves time
ProsPrinted bill of ladings with the exact NMFC number, description, class, weight and dimensions. Our product characteristics are stored in Freightview for easy recall in future shipments. This prevents disputes with carriers who use laser dimensional scanners and is much easier on our staff when creating BOL's. I also like the data that is collected. The data dump feature contains all the data for every shipment. This data is invaluable when negotiating rates with carriers. We are able to provide an exact description of our freight and the lanes we ship. Finally, the ease of access for our various departments. It takes seconds for our Accounting team to reprint a BOL if needed. Our Sales team knows exactly where every shipment is and they only have one place to go for the various shipments with all our carriers. The immediate access to information means our Shipping team is focused on loading trucks and not tracking down answers to questions.
ConsFreightview is great with LTL but does not have the same level of support for spot quotes and full truck shipments with independent carriers. It's a much more manual process that relies on email. It's clunky.

By Freightview on May 23, 2018
Thank you for the great review, David!
Andrew B.
Vice President Operations

“Excellent Software”

OverallGreatly reduced the time to book shipments. Also, allows us to shop rates between all of our carriers in a single interface that greatly reduces the time to book the best shipments for our particular loads.
ProsVery simple to use. Our products are very freight intensive and we have to look at each of our carriers to determine who can provide us with the best rates for each load. FreightView took a very manual and slow process and has sped it up tremendously, saving us lots of money directly from the hauls themselves, but also in time spent booking.
ConsIntegrations with standard API's are lacking. The only area that this software can improve is if they are able to pull in existing orders, etc. from back end ERP systems and perhaps even web stores directly.

By Freightview on December 19, 2017
Thank you for the great review Andrew! This is something we'll be tackling next year, and hope to be able to provide in the very near future. Please let us know if anything else comes to mind!
Edward W.
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
April 27, 2017

“FREIGHTVIEW TMS - INITIAL REVIEW”

OverallWe were looking to move to a more user friendly and less costly TMS. After reviewing and trying several TMS products we made the decision to go forward with Freightview. The team at Freightview made the decision easy. They provided several conference calls to make sure what we were going to get is what we were expecting. The trial period is a great feature, because the Freightview TMS is easy to get started with - you can be quoting within an hour or so after you enter your initial carrier information. After we did a demo and testing with several employees, we rolled it out to the rest of our personnel. Everything went very smoothly. What we like about Freightview: - easy to set up - easy to manage - ability to set individual pricing parameters for prepaid shipments (setting a markup) - response time is extremely quick - you normally have your quote in under 10 seconds - multiple carrier set up - spot quoting available for truckloads and volume moves - low cost option for a TMS Our Customer Service team, who provide the freight quotes to our customers, are very happy with the Freightview TMS. It has been a real time saver. Another use we have is to use the TMS quoted pricing where there are disputes with the carrier. We are able to show them what they quoted versus their invoice. The customer service team at Freightview is great to work with. The questions we have had are quickly answered and there is always follow up. The Freightview TMS is a great product. As I mentioned, the trial is very easy to set up, so if you are considering a TMS, I would definitely recommend the Freightview TMS product.

By Freightview on November 28, 2017
Ed, thank you for the excellent review. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if anything else comes to mind!
April 27, 2017
Linda S.
Logistics
Farming, 51-200 employees
January 28, 2019

“Freightview For The Average User”

Overallcustomer service has been fantastic in making some changes we have asked for. There are still a few things that they cannot change and we have had to work around, but over all, if you do a fair amount of shipping with numerous carriers, it is a great tool to use.
ProsThe LTL portion of freightview is excellent. very easy to use, It's one click to schedule and create a BOL. The ease of adding carriers is great. Your price changes take effect immediately because it is pulling directly from your own log in information.
ConsBrokering out freight through freightview can be a little trying. Your brokers need to be able to receive your freightview emails. This may cause issues when the emails are sent like a spam email. There is also a feature that sends an email when you award your quote to another carrier. This cannot be disabled. It is not a feature we like and we have had to come up with a work around for it.

By Freightview on January 29, 2019
Thank you for the great review and feedback Linda! We're going to be making some additional updates to our spot quoting tool soon, and as soon as we do, I'll let you know!
January 28, 2019
Nick J.
Sales Representative
Automotive, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“Freightview has been a great tool for scheduling freight quickly through a wide variety of carriers.”

OverallFreightview has allowed our company to save a vast amount of time by putting a majority of the freight carriers in one location. The ability to generate the BOL's and shipping labels from the site for most shipments have allowed for the freight booking process to go quicker all within one location.
ProsThe Freightview software allows the customers to choose from a variety of freight carriers with a vast amount of shipping options. The ability to select particular shipping options has allowed for accurate cost ratings of shipments. The Freightview system also allows for the printing of most shipping materials and labels to save time.
ConsThe Freightview software lacks the ability to identify the Ship To address as commercial or residential which would help resolve any issues with the shipment rates before the shipment is booked.

By Freightview on November 26, 2018
Thank you for the great review and feedback, Nick!
November 19, 2018
Adam P.
District Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
May 22, 2018

“Great, glad to have transparency to shipping. ”

Pros- Quick rate quotes and transparency to shipping lanes. - Great Customer support - The ability to make a quick informed decision when choosing a preferred carrier - Strong analytics to support shipping data
Cons- No ability to create a blank BOL when using a 3rd party carrier - No link to provide real time tracking - No ability to run quotes for hot shot or expedited services - No ability to run quotes for truckload services

By Freightview on February 20, 2019
Thank you for the great review Adam! I'll give you a call to discuss some of these features and what we have available now. You should have access to a link to provide tracking, as well as an ability to run expedited and truckload quotes through our spot quote tool. Thanks again for the feedback and remarks!
May 22, 2018
Nick C.
Freight Management and CSR
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
February 22, 2017

“Easy and Simple”

OverallOur business handles about 5 shipments on an average day, so we are by no means choosing a lot of freight, but we have used other software and they always seemed to be more than we needed. We also wouldn't get the same attention as a larger company using the same system. Freightview is perfect for us though. It couldn't be easier to book a shipment and know you're getting a good deal (since there's no 3PL funny business going on). Customer service and account reps treat you with respect and are extremely quick to respond and always helpful. They listen to the customers and implement features based on our feedback. At the end of the day, the time you save booking shipments equals out the monthly fee and you rarely have to worry about it. In the years I've used this service, i think it's gone down twice.. .for about 10 minutes. In the world of freight, a true 99.99% up time is hard to come by.
ProsEase of use and setting up, BOL and Label printing
ConsI wish it had more analytics built in to the site
Recommendations to other buyersNot really, good job!

By Freightview on March 21, 2017
Thank you for the great review, Nick!
February 22, 2017
LAQUE K.
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 11-50 employees
December 1, 2016

“FREIGHTVIEW = 5 STAR SOFTWARE”

OverallI'm a Logistics Manager at a tile manufacturer. I have been using Freightview for about 1 1/2 years. I am not the kind of person to give a 5 star review unless I really think the product will stand the test of time. I was a skeptic before and now I wouldn't want to do my job without it. I have been 5 star impressed with the customer service. They are always there when I need them and fix any issues quickly. I have made suggestions from time to time & by the next update my suggestions have been added. Everything about Freightview has made my job more efficient & easier. I was able to easily train employees that are not familiar with transportation. All the tools I need are in one spot, making it possible to get more work done in a short amount of time. The reporting functions make monthly & year end books a click and done job. I have been able to reduce my yearly freight cost significantly. I can't even place a value on that. Freightview is a 5 star software.

By Freightview on December 1, 2016
Thank you for the great review and your continued business. Freightview
December 1, 2016
John C.
Shipping Manager
Printing, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“Fast, simple program for shipping LTL”

OverallIt takes less than a minute to enter the information, select a carrier, and print out the labels and bill of lading. If a particular carrier is running slowly, Freightview tells you that so you can run the rate again if need be. While tracking directly through Freightview isn't necessarily reliable, it's incredibly simple to go direct to the carrier to get the information. Having the delivery receipts available in Freightview is a great bonus, I'm hopeful they will get more carriers on board. Freightview is a young company, with a great team behind it.
ProsThe speed and ease of use were a huge draw in the selection of this software. The ability to schedule pick ups and print all of the required documents is a huge plus.
ConsEverything post shipment needs a little tweaking here and there. Tracking doesn't follow through with all of my carriers - one in particular shows in transit when it's scheduled and delivered when it's in transit. Auditing works great if all of your accounts match up. If I need to edit an accepted charge the only option is to move it back to outstanding and starting over. The analytics section is limited to a few graphs showing weight and dollars shipped by carrier. This is good, but is not all that useful in negotiating with carriers. An on time graph would be ideal, especially if it contained both on time pick ups and on time deliveries.

By Freightview on May 24, 2019
Thank you for the great review and feedback, John!
May 14, 2019
Keith J.
Warehouse & Logistics Operations Manager
Food Production, 51-200 employees

“Honest Review!”

OverallThis is the easiest system we have seen by far. Does all the basic shipping functions flawlessly. We really love all those front side features and reporting. However, for our needs we are not able to fully integrate FV into our Sage system which has forced us into another TMS system. It would be great if they had an Integration offering for customers like us.
ProsBy far the easiest TMS out there. We love it! Very streamlined and well thought out for the front end user. We highly recommend for all the basics that a Shipping Department needs. Low cost system. Customer Support is also excellent
ConsHave not implemented automated carrier freight bill match and approvals (but in progress on this). Unfortunately very limited on full integration into our Sage system via API so we are not able to move forward on this key piece. Would love an option to pay a higher monthly rate or one time setup fee and be able to fully integrate.

By Freightview on May 13, 2019
Thank you for the great review and feedback, Keith! Stay tuned for additions to the API in the near future.
LaNeece Lane W.
Sales Manager
Wholesale, 1-10 employees

“Fantastic time saver!”

OverallFreightview has put time back in our day by eliminating the need to check 3 or more sites for freight rates, constantly putting in the same information, not to mention the reduction in general aggravation. It has also put real cash back into our customer's pockets by returning the best available rates (which we may not have found previously). It makes our carriers more competitive and has definitely improved our customer service.
ProsFreightview allows us to quickly quote and schedule freight to our customers by showing on one screen all of our freight partners with their freight quotes and transit times. This birdseye view gives us the ability to rapidly choose our freight carrier for a shipment or provide shipping choices to our customers.
ConsIt's pretty difficult to find negative things to say about Freightview. If I had to nitpick, I'd say one thing they could do is to automatically calculate freight class based on weights and dimensions. Pretty minor.

By Freightview on November 26, 2018
Thank you for the great review and remarks, LaNeece Lane!
Martin F.
Partner
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2018

“If you ship LTL, you absolutely need this software. It saves you tons of time and dollars.”

OverallTime savings, cost savings, ease of tracking, accounting. If you book LTL through multiple carriers, then you need this software ASAP.
ProsBrings together all of our individual LTL accounts into one easy to use interface. Easily view options for time in transit, cost, options, etc to make a knowledgeable decision quickly. From there, you can quickly book the shipment and then after its all done, the bookkeeper can check the quote against the bill weeks later.
ConsNo cons for current services they offer in the software but a nice add would be shipment damage tracking capabilities

By Freightview on May 30, 2018
Thank you for the review and feedback Martin, I've passed it along accordingly!
Jason F.
January 22, 2018

“Simply Awesome”

OverallSave a ton of time
ProsHuge time saver when quoting, scheduling, and tracking shipments. No more logging into several carriers and doing the same thing over and over. Now we just do it one time.
ConsThe biggest thing missing for us is not being able to pull delivery receipts. Another con is that there are a few carriers who do not auto-pro. Along with some data not pulling over on BOL's (SAIA for example the customers phone number does not transfer to SAIA's BOL)

By Freightview on May 22, 2018
Thanks for the review Jason! Unfortunately we're limited on the fields for SAIA's BOL, but you should see delivery receipts on your shipments soon! Please let us know if anything else comes to mind.
January 22, 2018
Michelle C.
Sales Representative
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2019

“Toa Motor with Freightview ”

OverallFreightview makes things so much better and easier when we have customers who request multiple quotes. Before Freightview we literally had to open up every page for each carrier and get quoted separately. We deal with over 300 customers in our branch and the best thing we like is that freightview was able to keep track of all of our customers; quotes, contact info, etcs.
ProsFreightview makes things so much better and easier when we have customers who request multiple quotes. Before Freightview we literally had to open up every page for each carrier and get quoted separately.
ConsTao Motor does not have any dislikes for freightview.

By Freightview on May 13, 2019
Thank you for the great review and remarks, Michelle!
Dan M.
Warehouse Manager
November 30, 2017

“A great time saving tool”

OverallTime savings. Freight cost savings.
ProsQuick, Easy, Simple. Requiries little training for new users to do basic rating. It's very easy to add or remove carriers. Freightview support has been very quick to respond when a carrier changes their website.
ConsI would like to see simplified create pick-up only option. We use in house Bill of Lading and a one touch create pick-up without having to enter any additional information would be helpful.

By Freightview on December 4, 2017
Thank you for the great review, Dan! We've recorded your feedback for further consideration, and will be sure to keep in touch as new updates are released. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!
November 30, 2017
Robert S.
Packaging and Containers, 1-10 employees
February 9, 2017

“Great software and supper easy to use”

OverallThis service has been one of the most beneficial services we have ever used. As a small business owner it saves us literally hours a day. We can now pull quotes, request pickups, track shipments and keeps our customers happy and informed on their orders. I highly recommend it to anyone that needs to save money and improve productivity. We ship up to 10 shipments a day and we can complete all paperwork within 30 minutes. Their customer service is top notch.
ProsEasy to use Very cost effective Produces Bills of Ladings, PRO numbers, labels, pickup request numbers, notifies carriers for pickups, track shipments, you can even change Bill of Ladings and cancel pickups
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersNone

By Freightview on February 9, 2017
Thanks for the great review Robert!
February 9, 2017
Chris C.
Shipping Manager, OEM Sales Manager
Automotive, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2017

“Freightview Review from Pierce”

OverallThis is an amazing application for anyone that's ever used a 3PL and regretted it. We've used several and the benefits have never added up to what Freightview offers. They use YOUR rates for a small monthly fee. No percentages or markups. Dealing with your local freight rep is always the best route for service, but with a 3PL, you lose that. The ease of quoting and creating a BOL through Freightview is the same or easier than any of the 3PLs I've used, but I keep my local reps and all that they offer. The only thing I would like to see is more of the carrier bills of lading, rather than the generic Freightview BOL.
ProsEase of quoting BOL generation
ConsGeneric BOLs
Recommendations to other buyersIntegration with shipping programs would be great. Creating a program you can install that has a backup system for generating BOLs if the quoting system or internet is down.

By Freightview on February 10, 2017
Thanks for the glowing review Chris. I've passed along your suggestions to the appropriate teams. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!
Nicholas W.
May 21, 2018

“Excellent, could use some improvements”

ProsMultiple quotes from multiple suppliers, record keeping / accountability for all shipments from multiple suppliers.
ConsNo integration with other systems out of the box, there is an up charge between what is quoted to us and what we would of paid on the shippers website.

By Freightview on May 31, 2018
Thank you for the great review Nicholas! Please let me know if you see any discrepancies between the quote you get in Freightview and what you're receiving from the carrier, as we should be matching exactly and without any markup. Please let me know if you would like to discuss our API capabilities in regards to integrations as well, or if there's anything else we can do!
Bethany S.
Orders and Logistics Specialist

“Simply Smart”

ProsI'm new to the logistics industry and Freightview makes me look like a pro. With their supportive staff and innovative technology, Freightview went over and beyond in providing the must have tool for every logistics team. This software was built beautifully and with the customer in mind. Everything from their user friendly interface, easy integration to their built in tracking, printable BOL and labels, and shipping cost analytics; I couldn't imagine doing my job without them.
ConsNothing comes to mind. I've been invited to trial similar software and nothing compares. I'd be happy to write another review in the future, especially since new seasons bring new challenges.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the great review Bethany!
May 17, 2018

“This has made my job allot easier getting freight quotes quickly”

Overallwe ship allot of products everyday and your software make my job, our job easier. I remember trying to get a freight rate before I used you software and it was really time consuming and difficult.
ProsUser friendly, just all around easy to use. I like that changes you all have made since I first started using this program.. when you need to send a BOL just a couple of click and it's on the way.
ConsHum.....can't think of anything....I guess I don't like that you can't change the color of the screen...I like to have darker colors that don't hurt my tired eyes.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the great review and feedback!
Jennifer T.
Customer Service Manager and Logistics Coordinator
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2017

“Saves me time and money!”

OverallWorking for a smaller company, my role and tasks don't only revolve around booking freight. Because of this, I need any resources available to help me save time. We have been using Freightview religiously for a couple of years now. It is great! It saves me not only time, but money because all of my rates are automatically used so I can see all carriers, rates, and transit times in once easy to use system. I would highly recommend it!
ProsEasy to use and saves all addresses that I ship to.
ConsThey have glitches sometimes that prevent me from using it
Recommendations to other buyersWish we could cancel pickups through the software.

By Freightview on February 13, 2017
Thank you for the great review Jennifer! If there's anything else that we can do to improve our platform, please let us know.
Zach C.
General Manager
May 21, 2018

“It makes rate shipping all of our freight carriers a breeze”

ProsThe time and energy saved by being able to access rates so easily in one place. Before there was really no simple way to do this. Another great feature is being able to quickly see which is carrier has the fastest Lanes to the end destination.
ConsThere really is very little that I would change. But if I had to nitpick, it would be nice for each user to be able to see only their rate history instead of everyone's quote history. This is a very minor and not completely necessary thing but would still be nice since we are a big team of people that use this.

By Freightview on May 31, 2018
Thank you for the review and feedback Zach! I'll send you information on where to adjust the quote history so it's only yours. Thanks again for the remarks!
kym h.
accounts payable
Machinery, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2018

“Great team and great service”

Overallable to quotes all carriers we use and the click of the mouse in seconds we get an answer instead of going to quote each carrier separately.
ProsEase of use and support when you need it. Ability to use multiple carriers at the click of a mouse right away.
ConsWish you could retrieve older quotes , as often the shipping companies try and bill us later for services we did not have.

By Freightview on May 24, 2018
Thank you for the review Kym! We will store quote information for all booked shipments done in Freightview so they can be compared to the carrier invoice at your convenience. We'll follow up directly to show where to find this!
Kenny C.
Logistics Specialist
May 17, 2018

“Great website. Easy to use. Like the analytics.”

ProsEasy to use. All freight carriers on one site. Easy to track spending, tonnage, and to track movements.
ConsNeed to be able to incorporate customer recommendations to make the site better. I.e-allowing an option to use "Cages" as a shipping item. When changes have to be made to a BOL/Pickup, need to be able to transmit these changes to the carrier when made vs having to call them. Also, tracking feature is NOT accurate.

By Freightview on May 22, 2018
Thanks for the feedback Kenny! Unfortuantely we're limited on what updates the carrier will take electronically after a shipment has been booked, but I've reiterated your request for "Cages", and we should have more information on tracking improvements soon! Let me know if anything else comes to mind.
Brian D. B.
Director of Operations
December 12, 2017

“Flawless | Perfect | Time Saver!!!”

OverallTIME!! SO MUCH SAVED TIME!!
ProsI used to use a pen and paper with "excel" style notebooks to keep track of and book all my freight. With FreightView, that is OUT THE WINDOW and I'm able to book my freight in TWO SIMPLE STEPS!!
ConsHonestly, very little to say. Every so often the Bill of Lading doesn't load properly... but to be honest, is it my CHROME or is it FreightView? Beautiful thing is... in two clicks of a mouse, it's right back on screen. This software is AWESOME!!!

By Freightview on December 19, 2017
Thank you for the excellent review Brian!
Jim D.
Sales
Warehousing, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2019

“Freightview”

ProsAnytime I need to fill in for someone in the warehouse who may be out, I rely heavily on Freightview. It puts all the information I need in one spot so I can quickly generate a quote, create a pick up, and create a bill of lading. Very valuable tool for us, both for the every day guys but also for those who occassional help out to keep everything moving along smoothly.
ConsI haven't found anything I don't like about freightview.

By Freightview on January 21, 2019
Thank you for the excellent review Jim!
January 18, 2019
Adam L.
Director: Distribution and Logistics Operations
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
November 16, 2018

“Solid TMS for Business Value”

OverallOverall great tool for us, can;t wait to get access to new functionality that's on the roadmap.
ProsConsolidation of all our carrier rating and shipments into a single portal. Drill down document access and shipment tracking are very useful
ConsA couple of areas where development is lagging: Inconsistent LTL linear foot/ volume load pricing visibility. Limited examples of ERP integration to enable vetting of our own integration next steps. Analytics/ reporting could be rounded out more. Map view on lanes is great, but would like to be able to explode out to lane detail (as example)

By Freightview on November 20, 2018
Thank you for the great review Adam! Look forward to sharing information on new updates coming soon.
carli s.
shipping
May 29, 2018

“Usually goes through in short amount of time, easy to use”

OverallAll available LTL's are right in front of you and helps with the break down of fuel charges and any other charges.
ProsIt's easy to find what you need. I'm used to using it and show other people how to use it and they catch on quickly.
ConsSometimes hard to get hold of customer support and on the phone for too long. Otherwise support is pretty good about taking care of any changes.

By Freightview on June 8, 2018
Thank you for the review and sorry for the delay in communication Carli. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again if anything comes up, and we'll be sure to respond asap!
May 29, 2018