Taiga.io Ratings

Overall

About Taiga.io

Agile is a free, open source, management platform for startups and agile developers. Learn more about Taiga.io

Financial Services, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2018

“Well designed and provides the tool set required to tackle projects.”

OverallTeam productivity and management has been simplified. Progress tracking and reporting has become easier when we break down tasks to the bare bones. The Slack and GitLab integrations have been nice for modifying tickets from commits and merges.
ProsThe Kanban board is my favorite feature for tracking feature development status. The progress bar of what has been completed on the Kanban page is very nice as a progress indicator when informing clients of progress on certain features. The custom fields have been convenient for billing purposes and the ease of use when moving tickets around is nice and fun to do.
ConsThe issues board often ends up with a lot of smaller features that can be categorized as "Enhancements" but it's still confusing that their under the Issues umbrella and even their URL's say issue. A way to have enhancements that don't qualify for a full story, but are not an actual issue/bug should be categorized in a different why, or at least represented differently.
Mark R.
Principal Data Scientist
Computer Hardware, 1001-5000 employees
April 10, 2018

“Have not found anything better to manage our sprints... very intuitive and has a nice clean look”

OverallHelped manage our sprints
ProsVery easy to use with drag and drop functionality. Very nice api to plug into the data. Like the organization of the tasks, stories, etc. Very well laid out. Makes it easy to manage our stuff.
ConsWould like the ability to drag multiple items on the backlog, not just the Kanban. Be nice to be able to add a story when looking at a sprint, rather than add to the backlog and then have to drag it into the sprint. Be nice to have a filter on the taskboard for a particular user... so I could say just show me my stuff and it would only show stories and tasks assigned to me Not a fan of the new pricing model... not sure I will be able to get my manager to continue
Chase A.
Lead Dev
April 11, 2018

“The best agile project management tool is Taiga”

ProsWhen JIRA didn't meet our needs, we analyzed every tool on the market and decided on Taiga due to it having the lowest number of clicks per action in our workflow. Its easy to get started with, the search features are fantastic, and it scales well from tiny projects to monsters.
ConsWe use almost exclusively the issue tracker because of it is the most flexible and has the best searching/ordering of the Taiga views. However, issues can't be owned by user stories or epics, which limits our ability to organize large projects. I wish issues could be used as children of larger scope items like epics.
Bastien S.
Product Technical Manager
April 10, 2018

“I mostly like taiga at work. I manage ten projects and can easily share those.”

Overall- Rapidity - Historization of tasks - Social around specifications - WorkFlow from ideation to deployment - Ease of communication with partners around multiple projects
Pros- Workflow configuration, many options around status - MD for the content of US & Tasks - Comments & actictivities for the US & Tasks - Vote & Tag management - Ease of search
Cons- Pay to get multiple project on the Mobile App - Some feature "hard to find" - Some important nice feature missing in my process (ex 1 when you promote an issue to a US, you need to keep attachment and such things) (ex 2 hard to use Kanban & Scrum for the same project) - lack of tutorials for new features (never manage to drag&drop multiple cards) - Need to improve backlog priorization - Link between projects, import, export need
Luisana S.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2017

“Taiga is the tool to organize the tasks of all my projects”

OverallThis tool has allowed me to organize, control and follow each of the assigned tasks for the execution of all my projects.
ProsWhat I like most about software taiga is that it allows me to organize the tasks of my projects well and have control of them, since the programmer must indicate when a task is in progress or when the task is finished, besides allowing us to know the Development time of each one. It is also super useful because you can add the client and the same can see how the development of your project is and follow up.
ConsAlthough I really like Taiga and I use it in all my projects, it would be interesting to have a mobile application, in which to have a summary of each project and be able to have the status without a computer necessarily.
August 8, 2017
Rick C.
Manager, Software Development
April 10, 2018

“Software Dev Manager who's used more than 50 web-based project management tools with Agile teams.”

OverallEasy adoption, allows us to view project priorities in the nice high-level overview of the kanban as well as break down stories in more detail using subtasks and epics.
ProsLove the kanban display. Out of the 50+ products I've used, the kanban view of Taiga is my favorite hands down! And I love the way your sub tasks/stories work.
Conshate when scrolling side to side in the kanban and my browsers back and forward through history is invoked, especially when it causes me to lose a detailed user story I'm in the middle of typing :(
David B.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 10, 2018

“Visually appealing and nice if you follow it's workflow”

ProsVisually it's the best of what I've seen. So many project management applications look terrible, so Taiga is refreshing in that aspect. The user story vs task is a good fit when your workflow matches that - ie making user stories first, adding them to a sprint, adding specific tasks to them. Open source is always a good thing. I messed around with the api a little bit and it seemed easy enough to use.
ConsI was never able to actually convince a workplace to switch to Taiga because it lacks the level of customization that some other project management tools have. I don't use it personally because Gitlab has such nice project management tools built in and I love having everything in one system. Taiga seems to be positioned in between the simple but integrated tools of Gitlab and the complex/ugly interfaces of Redmine. Being placed in the middle makes it not a great fit for any particular project. Taiga shines when using the User Story + Sprint + tasks breakdown. However not every project needs that. Using just the kanban board helps - but Taiga doesn't really mimic the custom workflows that an app like Redmine or Jira can do.
Remi A.
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 16, 2018

“Really great tool! Taiga has allowed us to get rid of all other Scrum tools we were using”

OverallMuch much easier to use than Jira.
ProsIt is really easy to use, everyone has boarded really quickly with it. We were previously using lots of different tools from Google Spreadsheet to JIRA. Taiga is much simpler to use. I don't see any other tool that would match our requirements.
ConsUser Interface feels a bit old: it might be a bit shinier. We've also tried to install the Open Source version on our server using Docker but the documentation was pretty poor at the time. Finally, we've decided to use the hosted version and we are really happy with it: it is not really expensive.
Sébastien M.
R&D Manager
April 10, 2018

“I'm using this software as developer team manager. Everyone like it in the team.”

OverallA great Agile organisation helper.
ProsIt's made by developers for developers. Very well thought and made. The philosophy is very comprehensible. And more, with a great U/X skill.
ConsThe price who exploded this year ! Considering the size of our team, we can't follow ! However, there could be only a little change that make us happy and still paying : don't make us pay inactive users (and handle the feature of inactive users of course)!
Dasun C.
QA Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2018

“You can manage your projects using one single application.”

OverallIt help us to mange our projects & practice the agile process. This is a very good tool to use for an software company.
Pros1. Team board inspire the employees to achieve their targets. 2. KANBAN board is a very useful part of the taiga. Because you can have the idea about your project status & you can manage the tasks. 3. You can get a idea about all the project tasks using the backlog & also its provide the overall summary. 4. The notifications are display on the Timeline & by clicking on the users name & available links system can redirect to the mention issues & users action history.
Cons1. Its feel like screens are more complicated. For a user it will take time to adopt with the system & mange them.
August 29, 2018
Subasinghe N.
QA Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2018

“Manage the projects without the headaches”

OverallWe are able to manage both project management & issue tracking using this application. So we no needed to have multiple applications.
Pros-- KANBAN board helps to manage & measure the project status. -- Can add the issues for the ongoing project. -- Team board will provide the details about team spirit. -- Timeline display the notifications of all the changes done by users & clicking on the users' name can extract the history of the respective users' works. -- Backlog display the overall summary of the projects & display all tasks.
Cons-- Its little bit confusing working with different kinds of screens. -- There have some terms that users cannot understand them easily until they figure it out.
July 24, 2018
Andrew c.
Sr Developer
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees
April 10, 2018

“We needed a system for tracking issues/user stories as our project grew, Taiga seemed best”

OverallTaiga made managing multiple projects with dozens of users easily. But the pricing change makes it too expensive for a small company (< 10 internal users)
ProsTaiga is simple to use, and easy for nearly anyone, even non-technical helpdesk and clients can use it and understand what they are doing.
ConsA big reason we chose Taiga was their pricing model, a flat rate for 25 users. That model changed recently to a per-user per month basis. We need multiple accounts for external clients as well as internal users and this pricing model makes it too expensive for a small company. We are/were grandfathered in for the duration of our contract, which when it expires, we will move away from Taiga.
April 10, 2018

“The tool is seamless, lightweight; my team finds it very intuitive and easy to use.”

ProsLightweight and user experience makes the software standout from it's competition. Although we have not used the API and the integration capabilities, we are excited for the possibilities that exist for making the product handshake with the other tools that we use internally.
ConsWe'd like to see the tool evolve and become more customizable so the end-users have more control towards configuring the dashboard and the elements they maybe interested in. Another area where the tool can be better is reporting and metrics. Support for basic scrum/agile reporting metrics (burndown chart, etc.) can help teams.
Somangshu g.
Solutions Architect
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2018

“Good and Rich functionalities, Not a great user experience”

OverallManaging project milestones, cost and resource planning at ease.
ProsThe implementation of agile concepts are done really well, Helps us manage our project cost and resource bandwidth easily.
ConsThe user experience and the interface if not really great and easy to understand. Needs a little work
Sukhpreet S.
Junior Developer
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Taigatized”

OverallOur organisation have been using taiga from ptoject management. It has been a great experience. You can manage your tasks and project velocity effectively.
ProsTaiga is very flexible in terms of ptoject management . It provides kanban and scrum templates. Task management is really easy. Project velocity can be tracked easily. Issue management is handled nicely.
ConsThe UI sometimes gets distorted on some resolutions.
Stefan W.
Owner / Founder
April 17, 2018

“The tool that makes our projects work”

OverallInformation on project
ProsThe ease to follow a project. To have insights on the works of your team. All project information in one spot.
ConsThe software is not mobile ready. There is no app. You can also not create templates to create new projects.
NARENDAR Y.
Product Owner
April 10, 2018

“Helped us get more organized on the issues and enhancements”

Pros1. The current plan of 5 projects without restriction on the number of users for a fixed monthly price was good for us. 2. The tagging and search feature is very good 3. Ability to add Custom attributes is also very good
Cons1. I got an email recently that the current plan will not be offered next year. We will be charged per user. We may look at other options. 2. No integration with TFS.
11-50 employees
April 11, 2018

“Taiga is very easy to use and to customize to our needs. ”

OverallAn easy way to create and follow tasks in Kanban and Agile. A customizable product, easy to use and not expansive.
ProsThe customization because we don't follow a production pipeline that fits perfectly in one management theory. We combine different management theory to fit our needs and this is possible with Taiga. We also really like the cheap price.
ConsWe didn't had the occasion to use it deeper because we are between projects. But we think that it would be nice to track more the time users pass on some tasks and have a tool for customizable timesheets.
Education Management, 201-500 employees
April 10, 2018

“We've been using Taiga for about 14 months to track software and content projects.”

OverallWe were able to organise projects for about 40 people on several teams without having to spend what something like JIRA costs.
ProsIt's very flexible and lets us adapt the Kanbans to our needs for each team. The reports generated are good.
ConsIt has connectivity issues at times. Perhaps needs an infrastructure upgrade. Cannot bulk remove or delete items from the backlog.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 28, 2019

“A unique agile project and task management system.”

OverallA different agile project management system. You cannot drive into it. You need to learn how to use it and then start using or you will lose a lot of features it offers. I highly recommend this if you are just starting out project management. It just workes.
ProsI signup and used it for a while before I get addicted to it. It is a agile task management system that just workes. It's not that easy to remember, it has learning curves but after that, it runs smoothly. I am able to create a personal project with "scrum", and it really helps to sort out my backlog tasks, which no other project management offers. Now I am current with all of my work and no last hour work, everything is sorted.
ConsWell, It has a lot of learning curves, which I get bored sometimes. The UI really needs more themes, the color is just popping out, I need a calm night theme.
September 28, 2019
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
August 26, 2018

“Taiga needs more time to catch up”

OverallProject management, product management, issue tracking.
ProsTiaga is easy to set up, has the core product management features you need, and offers multiple strategies out of the box. There are also easy ways to manage open source projects, including tools to find volunteers and share product plans. Overall, the functionality is what you expect for a basic project management tool.
ConsTaiga lacks the advanced and comfort features that make the job easy. This includes easy Kanban-style ticketing view, full customization, higher level project management (epics), and a fair pricepoint. While you can host Taiga yourself and add this customization, as it is open sourced, few will have the time or patience to do this. These issues do not make Taiga impossible to use or recommend, but will frustrate users of JIRA or Pivotal.
August 26, 2018
Marcio M.
Co-Founder and CTO
11-50 employees
April 16, 2018

“Best project management software out there.”

ProsIt's a great project management tool and easily better than the other solutions we use with other clients (pivotal tracker, forecast, gitlab and trello).
ConsNeeds better mobile support and does not have time tracking and budget tracking features. Needs better sprint creation/edit too.
Arthur E.
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

“Great tool”

OverallGreat planning tool
ProsGreat replacement for Trello. Much easier to use than Atlassian. Useful kanban board. Can add lots of tags.
ConsCant estimate user stories in hours and measure progress. Also would be great to see issues on the same kanban board as user stories.
David P.
Banking, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2017

“Has become the main tool of my work day”

Overallis a super easy to use product but with all the functionalities that a startup needs
ProsThe learning curve is minimal and greatly facilitates the use of non-technical profiles. On the other side, its powerful api and the webhooks have allowed us to automate some processes.
Consperhaps it is very strict with the methodologies to use: it gives much importance to the estimation by points, etc ... but it is a good tool for both scrum and kanban
September 5, 2017
Farming, 51-200 employees
April 10, 2018

“A good product for the price given. ”

OverallFinally a product with which the management was happy (attractive price). People (developers) finally started to use ONE product for keeping track of development of different products & projects and things are now handled in Taiga instead in txt files, SVN commit comments etc. Its easier to keep track of the development status of a product - but every member of team must use Taiga regularly - which was the hardest part to agree on.
ProsWe chose Taiga over other similar available products because of the price and its simplicity. Its good for tracking progress of development, issues and options for adding custom user inputs. Integrations with other platforms is a plus.
ConsEasy (simple) reporting for management (weekly, monthly) would be a nice-to-have function. Sometimes the website works a bit slow. Wiki pages could work a bit better. Automatic reminder for issues that were not updated (touched by anyone) in some period would be good to have as well.
Felipe N.

“Really good platform”

Proshave a beautiful design is fast and easy to use. permit a good work with teams. works better than trello
Consshould be better with an api for Zendesk, plus the point could be most customizable. the mobile app works bad
M. Serhat D.
Lead Software Developer
February 4, 2019

“Our favorite for project management”

ProsTaiga is free, you can deploy it to your own servers. It's easy to use, you can customize Taiga easily. It's getting active development, and developers keep adding more and more features on every release.
ConsPacking of the software isn't good on self-hosted version. You will definitely need a system administrator both to setup and upgrade the Taiga.
February 4, 2019
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Taiga Review”

ProsTask Board : We can create task and move them as per steps in development cycle. It was easy to use in teams. Awesome experience.
ConsI think issue should also be linked with the Tasks only
Internet, 1-10 employees
August 6, 2018

“Greate software for managing a small team”

ProsI like the visual way they display information. Easy to see status of a task.
ConsIt is almost impossible to see everything that a team member is working on.
August 6, 2018
June 26, 2018

“I use this software for the project management and issue tracking purposes in my company.”

ProsIt is very user friendly and we can manage the backlog and the sprints very effectively with the kanban board .
ConsThe issue tracker is very basic and it does not support for integration with other test management tools.
June 26, 2018
Computer Software, Unspecified
April 16, 2018

“its a bit pricey - but works for my needs”

OverallIssue tracking, project planning, and feature planning.
ProsUser Controls. I like being able to control who can edit and create issues and stories and who can view only.
ConsEmbedding images and videos is rough. More markdown features would be nice. Ability to tighten the style Esp. on the Kanban board. I'm an advocate of specificity, so we're verbose, by default. Its tough to see anything useful in the Kanban view. And, horizontal scrolling!?! That should never happen in a modern UI.
Brian B.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
April 10, 2018

“By far the best diagram software existing today.”

OverallAll the benefits of Visio and Omnigraffle, but in a better, easier to use, platform independent software.
ProsNot platform specific. Will work with Mac, Linux, or Windows. Can import Visio and Omnigraffle documents and icon/shape sets. The ability to generate SQL from an ERD! It's BADASS!
ConsThis is not really a dislike, but an idea.... It would be great if there was a place that had user created shape sets that we could explore and download.
March 4, 2019

“A good IT project management software”

ProsOpen source and works nicely! Perfect for personal or small projects, if you don't have a very big budget. Includes all of the expected features like team management, support for EPIC, issues, sprints and backlog (just one AFAIK). You can defined custom ticket/issue statuses. Also includes built in kaban board.
ConsCloud version is sometimes slow after latest update .
March 4, 2019
Claire M.
Recruitment Delivery Manager/HR
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
September 21, 2018

“User Friendly and Helps you Stay organised”

OverallKeeps me organised and on track with daily projects
ProsIntuitive User Friendly Simple Very easy to use Good organisation
ConsNo real cons with this software, it is a good package that does exactly what it says on the tin
September 21, 2018
Jin S.
product manager
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 13, 2018

“Very streamlined and easy to use”

OverallHelps me organize our development across our entire team.
ProsIt has a very intuitive interface and is really easy to pick up for users who are unfamiliar with Agile developments.
ConsIt can be more customizable such as being able to assign priorities to tasks. Storing screenshots requires storing them in a file first before uploading. It would be great if they can just be copy and pasted in.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“A modern opensource project management tool.”

OverallA very simple powerful and agile project management system which is completely free of charge. I like the idea.
ProsI mostly use kanban boards for agile projects, and taiga has a beautiful and simple board. The setup process guides me on how to set up and use this beautiful application. The drag and drop facility is very smooth, it also works with compact mode.
ConsI can not use the browser all the time, maybe it is time to build an android application. That's the only thing that needs to be done.
September 30, 2019
Eduardo L.
engineering analyst
December 2, 2018

“streamline your project”

OverallMy experience was excellent since I could monitor what each member of my work team did and this allowed me to manage each of the tasks that should be assigned to the members
ProsIt is a very good option to manage times in the projects through the scrum methodology that improves the times notably
Cons I do not have cons as regards the system since it is very intuitive regarding the use
December 2, 2018
Jeremy N.
April 17, 2018

“Great tool, helping us focus day-to-day”

OverallClarity, Focus and a shared view of the companies goals.
ProsClarity, ease of use and it's quite stylish too! We have found that with this tool information can be shared easily by our developers, marketing and product staff, giving them a unified view of the companies goals.
ConsI would like a better bundle deal on the licences, especially as we are a small starter company. The per head charges are "OK" but it would be great if there was a lower tier that allowed a staged uplift to the full licensing model.
September 4, 2018

“My take on Taiga.io”

OverallAt this point I'm satisfied, but if the planning allows it I try to avoid Taiga.io when I can.
ProsFirstly, the aesthetics. Secondly how well organized the progress tracking is kept by the app's online Kambam.
ConsIt's not that easy to get the ropes of the app, at first the design of the app may seem not so intuitive.
September 4, 2018
Jean-Noël R.
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2018

“Good experience overall, but had to move to Redmine because Taiga does not have enough features”

OverallGood software to grow the team from 5-0 developers to 30. But after that, we needed something more powerful.
ProsEasy to use, good to get started. Also I really like the fact that the software is available as open source but you can pay for a SaaS version to install it very quickly. This is what we did.
ConsLack of advanced features. Vision / future of this software is not good for me, developers are focusing on things I find totally unrelevant instead of focusing on adding valuable features.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 29, 2019

“good for project management”

Overallwe use this software manage our projects. but we moved to another project management tool
Proswe used this application for manage our projects. it a simple project management tool
Consit has low features then other project management tools
August 29, 2019
Jan V.
Chief Research Officer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 16, 2018

“Tool allowing to jump into agile development with my team.”

OverallSimple and affordable issue and task tracking across team.
ProsSimplicity. Issue tracker, backlog, planning sprints with burnout chart. Team members are easy to manage. Tasks in backlog are easy to rearrange.
ConsThe biggest problem lies on user's side: to use it in full power, one has to keep using it for longer term and it may be demanding (but it brings progress into the project). A bit strange colour scheme, a bit lost in editing issue texts. Personally I feel more in control when I edit issues in GitHub. Integration to Bitbucket repositories, commits and issues (did not dare to try if it is present at all).
Simon O.
Scrum Master
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
February 3, 2017

“IMHO: the best agile tool out there!”

OverallIt's super easy to use, introduce to a team and just super fun to work with. Go give it a try yourself!
February 3, 2017
March 7, 2018

“User friendly project management tool. Great for smaller teams.”

ProsVery easy to use. Most functionality is intuitive and does a great job of giving you visuals of each task. A better version of trello.
ConsThis is a great project for smaller teams and use cases. Like Trello, when getting into much more complex setups (different teams, projects within projects, sprints etc), the feature set isn't as developed as a product like JIRA or target process.
March 7, 2018
Santosh P.
Software tester
May 26, 2019

“Review for Taiga.io”

OverallOverall it's an amazing software for free and moving in right direction
ProsTaiga is an open and free software which can be used for agile methodology and project management process where we easily raise tickets and assign them as priorities
ConsThis has some features to be upgraded and hopefully it makes upgrades
May 26, 2019
Orlando H.
Music, Self-employed
February 11, 2017

“Excelent for for Agile Implementation”

OverallI used it with my diferents projects. I´m a musician and audio engineer, so it´s a great tool to integrate the different tasks and persons, online access and excelent UX. Highly recomended.
February 11, 2017
Mahantappa B.
Data analyst
December 4, 2018

“Review for Taiga.io”

Overalloverall look of Taiga.io is cool and we can use for free.
ProsI have used this software for free as its open source.I have worked on project on this software and working on this project is pretty simple and we can work easily.
ConsAs per my usage its good and there is no cons
December 4, 2018
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2018

“Brilliant tool and easily customised!”

ProsI love this tool, it's easy to see everything and the time feed of what's recently been changed or updated is brilliant!
ConsI really dont have any faults with this products. It might be a bug but the only things is getting rid of the customise box once you've customised.
September 26, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
September 23, 2018

“Easy to use and powerful Project management tool for getting things done.”

OverallOne of the best project management tools out there.
Pros Awesomely designed tool very easy to use. Also mobile app is there again neatly designed. Kanban view is very good really liked it better than other tools i have seen for project management tools. Customer support is great and fast. Increased team productivity drastically and also easy to manage by manager or team lead.
ConsLess customisation options compared to other project management tools. free plan is limited to 3 users only for private projects, should be atleast 5 users. more features are there in web panel than mobile app. Android app needs to be improved.
September 23, 2018
Yuchen S.
Software Lead
April 10, 2018

“We've been using it to track our requirements and so far so good.”

ProsIt's quite easy to add/remove stories and tasks. The lists and boards are easy to glance and move around.
ConsSometimes the web page is really slow and does not indicate it is working on something. Two persons editing the same page together sometimes result in errors.