Active Takeoff Ratings

Overall

About Active Takeoff

Thanks to its inherent simplicity, Active Takeoff will instantly boost your productivity on all your takeoff and estimating jobs. Even if you've never used a computer before! Stop spending countless hours measuring your paper plans manually and get more accurate results at the fraction of the time it used to take. No incompatible scales. Supports Imperial or Metric systems. Thousands of users are already using Active Takeoff, and they love it! Learn more about Active Takeoff

Randy F.
Pres
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
November 13, 2018

“Good Value, a couple of wish list items for improvement”

OverallAT is a quick and efficient way to take info out of plans and other images, and best of all to document the source of the take off information. The PDF reports created by AT make it easy to document and share the take off process with others. Really cool program.
ProsEasy to learn, and does A LOT for the cost and time it takes to start using
ConsI really want an Excel output report in simple spreadsheet format. Example of what I want: Plan Sheet Color Data 1 Sf Volume Floorplan Red Building Material One 100 600 Floorplan Blue Building Material One 200 800 Elevations Yellow Building Material One 250 900 Elevations Blue Building Material One 50 180 Shown below is the way Active T reports look now. I have to manually create new columns in Excel to show Color and Plan Sheet info IN EACH ROW. So I can sort my report by the heading of ANY COLUMN at will. FLOORPLAN Color Red Building Material One 100 600 Color Blue Building Material One 200 800 ELEVATIONS Color Yellow Building Material One 250 900 Color Blue Building Material One 50 180 This is just one example of the current reports using extraneous rows to deliver information. Please give me one reporting option that has NO rows containing anything that is not pure data, with the sole exception of the headings to each column, which should be located in the first row. Things that are now titles to separate sections in the report should be converted to a column, and the title should be reported on each row. Like the Plan Sheet and Color info is showing in my example report. Please and Thank You!
Lindsey-Leigh M.
Design, Estimate, and Project Coordinator
November 13, 2018

“Great software for the little guys”

OverallGood experience so far. I did have to call once to learn a bit more about some updated features. I was pleased to find that help was readily available and they where willing to train me on some new items over the phone. However, it is a Canadian based company and the lovely man that was assisting me (I believe one of the founders actually) is French Canadian and it was terribly hard to understand him over the phone. he was so nice and willing to help teach me how to use the product correctly. Even with him taking control of the computer to show how to do everything though, the language barrier made retaining the info difficult. Other than that, I love the product despite needing to grow a bit. Even though I do not use all of its features, its lower price and time saving's make it worth it for me.
ProsVery affordable compared to similar software. I love that is allows me to color code plans. As a GC, the subcontractors love it when I have a color coded plan for them. This program eliminates my frantic searching for take-off calculation pages and makes it easier to pick up where I left off when changes are made. No more adding strings upon strings of dimensions! Plans allways say "Do not scale" when given to us to Bid, not sure how they expect us to price accurately when that is the case, but the scale configuration is perfect when you are not given an actual scale and still just need to get the job done.
ConsAs a software, It is getting there. there are still some kinks, and usability is not the greatest. It is not a software for someone who is computer illiterate. The estimating and take-offs in particular could use some tweaking. I never use it to generate full estimates because it is missing a lot of what would be needed for a G.C. (Perhaps for an individual trade would be more beneficial). What my money goes into it for is the quantity take-offs. the setting materials is a bit cumbersome and confusing but you can make it work, albeit sometimes incorrectly. But hey, there are many ways to skin a cat!

By Quoter Software on December 13, 2018
Hello Lindsey-Leigh, Thanks for the great review. Yeah, we are Canadian and everyone likes us! Our staff members come from all parts of the world and have various accents. You can drop us an e-mail if you have any question. As always, we a here to help.Thanks again for the awesome review.
Haley S.
Lead Commercial Estimator
February 13, 2019

“Active Takeoff Review”

OverallI've been using the software for about four years now, and it has been very easy to work with and simple to train others with as well. I think there could be a few items added to help highlight automatically without going through everything myself, but overall, the software was exactly what I was looking for at the time of purchase.
ProsI love how easy to operate the software is. I tried many programs before this one, but this one had the best bang for your buck, easiest to learn and most transparent to translate to the client.
ConsThe real only issue I have with the software is the routing the paths of the files. I've had to switch computers a few times, and the licensing can be a bit difficult to get transferred to a new computer, as is the transferring of the files. If I did not have technical support from my company, I wouldn't know how to do it myself.
February 13, 2019
Nick A.
July 29, 2016

“In my opinion the best takeoff software on the market”

OverallPrior to using this software I was scaling and taking measures by hand which was extremely time consuming for me and difficult to get perfectly accurate. I tried other similar products but found them no good and so complicated it was not worth bothering. I then trialed this software and was amazed at how easy it was to use. Drawings that would have taken 2 to 3 days to measure by hand can now be measured quickly in minutes or hours which means I can provide quotations to clients much faster and more accurately. After the trial period came to an end purchasing the product was a no brainer. It has paid for itself after just one week of use.
ProsIts quite intuitive making it easy to use from the get go but also has a level of depth to it once you become more established. Its very good value for money when compared to other products on the market that are both harder to use and more expensive.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to change the currency used for estimations. This may be an option I have not learned yet.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you still do takeoffs by hand you need to download this software immediately it will save you countless hours.
July 29, 2016
Mason P.
Managing Director
May 29, 2018

“time-saving and very efficient ”

Overalleasy of estimating on time and efficiently
Pros by using active take-off myself and my team have saved a large amount of time in doing take offs for small to large projects which means we are able to send out for quoting at a faster rate than usual. by using active take-off it takes away from miscounting any items on the plans and produces a table of quantities on the top of your plans, so when you're ready you can send it straight away to the client or wholesalers.
ConsI cannot fault any feature on this programme. it a great simple & easy programme to use and you can make it suit your needs.
May 29, 2018
Calvin B.
Sales & Estimating

“Simple to master”

OverallWe needed one program to for some staff member to only do simple tasks, while allowing others to get into more complex tasks. Active Takeoff allowed us to all work on the same platform. It was also important to us to have a program that was not cloud based, which we found several compdoeditors are. Very pleased with the product, and the investment paid off within our first month with an enormous time savings.
ProsVery please with Active takeoff's ease of usability. No CAD background required to get very comfortable on the platform and make the takeoff process far more enjoyable.
ConsUser interface seems a bit dated, but does not affect performance. Also, it would be nice to email reports directly from the software to collegues.
November 13, 2018

“Active Takeoff is Great Software!!”

OverallActive takeoff has helped me find mistakes in my sq ft takeoffs before I send out a bid. This has saved the company thousands of dollars.
ProsThis software works great for checking my sq ft takeoffs. If I get a different amount of sq ft with this software than my takeoff, then I know I have made a mistake on my takeoff. In the long run it could save thousands of dollars by giving an accurate sq ft of product.
ConsI have liked everything about it. There is not a single item with this software that I like the least.
December 8, 2018

“Easiest to learn.”

OverallExcellent customer service. Best of any company I've ever dealt with, software or hamburgers, this company responds quickly and fixes issues.
ProsIt was the only one I could jump right in and start estimating.
ConsThe lack of framing extensions. Have to count joists off program. Just limited framing which is what I needed.

By Quoter Software on December 13, 2018
Thanks for the great review. You can now build your own templates and input as many estimating items associated to any group and use your own formulas. This is a lot more flexible than our extensions. Please contact our support service for a quick demo. Also thanks for the comment about our good service. We always make sure our users are well supported.
December 8, 2018
Curtis P.
November 13, 2018

“Exterior companies Review ”

OverallFaster quote turn around times, allow me to get more projects and have more profitable quotes since I'm not spending so much time that I don't mind charging more.
ProsThe ease of use, the more complicated uses that I don't need are easy to turn off to simplify everything.
ConsThe only issue I have is that it seems to hide my saved projects every time I update the software but that's probably easy to fix if I put my mind to it.
john b.
QS
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 15, 2019

“Active Take Off Trial”

OverallVery happy with everything about Active. All queries have been dealt with and we have not had to reissue questions etc like we have had to do with other products.
ProsWe are a QS firm based in Western Australia. We have used pretty much all takeoff tools that are out there. Active Takeoff offers a clean measuring tool that leaves definable markups with a legend on each page that clearly indicates what is what. There are tools for amending the item of measure and most importantly the back-up service is excellent. Queries are answered in a language that we can understand and replies to queries come back in a timely manner. This, above anything else, is vital to us.
ConsNothing in particular. We are still familiarizing ourselves with the estimating side but nothing stands out that would prevent us commiting.
January 15, 2019
November 13, 2018

“Great All Around Software”

OverallI have been using this software for approximately 5 years, have tried mos of the alternatives on the market and always stick with this software. I would recommend this software to anyone.
Pros-easy learning curve -lots of functionality -detailed info and reports -customization
Cons-not enough tutorials -limited explanation of functions, a lot you learn by trial by error
Jason F.
President & Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
November 20, 2018

“Easy to use, accurate, robust estimating tools at the ready.”

ProsEase of use, document / file organization and retention.
ConsCost can be steep for small business, light users.

By Quoter Software on December 14, 2018
Hello Jason, Thanks for the awesome review! Most of our users think we have the best software for the buck. I'm sure it will pay for itself within a couple jobs. Do not hesitate to contact our support desk for any question.
Mike Z.
Senoir estimator

“Great product”

OverallMy overall experience has been great. I was using another take off software and Active Takeoff is far better. I enjoy using this software and if I ever have a question the support team is spot on. Very pleased.
ProsThe overall layout and design. Easy to use.
ConsWish they had curve points and auto counter
Robert B.
January 9, 2017

“Great product, great service”

OverallNot many companies offer the level of service that these guys do. Active takeoff is easy to use, easy to setup and makes tracking estimates effortless. I have used just about every piece of takeoff software out there and this program is by far the best.
ProsSuper easy to setup, tracks all of my takeoff and sort info exactly how I need it in reports.
ConsSharing takeoff files from one machine to the next isn't available yet, but I hear that's in the next update. Other than this...The software is flawless.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're looking for takeoff software and have considered the other big names out there (sage, on center, planswift, mc2), have a look at Active takeoff....It makes construction estimating easy.
January 9, 2017
Joe L.
June 23, 2016

“New technology helping residential remodeling company in Boise”

OverallI am new to the world of takeoffs. As a remodeling contractor I always thought takeoffs were for big commercial companies. The program is fun and intuitive. There are a few tricks and shortcuts that I am starting to incorporate. The estimating component is out there for me to learn. Other than a few frustrations with my lack of experience and the way I do thing vs the way the industry does them. I am adapting and enjoying the program very much.
ProsIt is easy and fun to use. It makes my estimates extremely accurate. It has all the functionality that I need in my residential remodeling business. My designer wants to use it but I am having too much fun to give it up.
ConsThere are some features that I have asked for that do not exist yet. I have figured out how to work around them so nothing bad to say. My understanding is that it is a little less flexible and powerful than some far more expensive software packages but I am perfectly OK with that.
Recommendations to other buyersUse the help manual before you call for help. See if you can figure it out on your own first. Help is a phone call away and extremely helpful.
June 23, 2016
Samuel H.
MD
November 18, 2018

“Active takeoff”

OverallIf they was to fix the above problems and implement suggested updates then I would give this product 10 out of 10.
ProsEasy to understand layout. Reasonable Price.
ConsNo Auto save so lose work unless you manually save all the time. Issues with memory, have to close other programs to make it function properly sometimes.

By Quoter Software on December 14, 2018
Hello Samuel, Thanks for the awesome review! We will seriously consider your comments and try to implement some solutions in a future version.
November 18, 2018
James B.
Estimator
December 4, 2018

“Estimating Software”

ProsVery simple to use and figure out without any prior knowledge of this software. Speeds up the process of doing takeoffs with the extensions features.
ConsAlthough this is very good at figuring out the estimates for the basic trades, if you're looking for more niche trades, those have not been added yet.

By Quoter Software on December 13, 2018
Hello James, Thanks for the great review. Our new Estimating item feature lets you build your product/labour/equipment inventory then edit your own quantity generating formulas. Pretty much any niche is covered. Please contact our support desk for a quick demo.
December 4, 2018
Luc M.
Project manger

“Review ”

OverallWe do a lot of take off from houses to condos to rental buildings with it.
ProsI liked the corners highlighting in red when you do the take off.
ConsTo re go in and modify take off. I don't like how it generates the report
Rob F.
Construction Estimator

“Active Takeoff”

Overallhuman error is reduced as you can see what you have taken off, i am very pleased that the company im working for allowed me to purchase this for use as an estimating tool.
Prosits ease of use is , customization of scale feature
Consthe initial cost is a lot per license, i feel that was you pay the large first up amount that multiple user licenses from there on should be more affordable
Gerardo C.
Plan Reviewer
August 25, 2017

“This is a very useful tool to perform a takeoffs, easy to use and have an excellent accuracy.”

Pros- Friendly user interface - Easy to use - Keep in order all the information. - Export options to Excel, PDF, Image files, etc. - Save time, money and paper. - Reduce errors.
Cons- Can't open a file created in other computers. - Lack of tag options. - Mark zone option should allow drawing different shapes like the area tool. - Move items between layers are complicated. This should be more like Autocad when you select multiple objects and you want them in one layer, you just select the items and then the layer.
August 25, 2017
Michael L.
Manager Surveyor

“Very good system”

OverallSaving time completing take-offs
ProsVery easy to navigate around the system to access and use the features. The system has halved the time it takes to complete a take-off.
ConsIf the copy and paste feature was improved for example if it was possible to copy an item and paste in a specific location, currently the item overlays which means the copied item has to be moved to the required destination. Also the extension feature could be improved.

By Quoter Software on December 14, 2018
Hello Michael, Thanks for the review! The team here will discuss your comment about the paste location. Our new Estimating Item feature allows you to create your own templates with your own products and formulas. Do not hesitate to contact our support desk for any info you might need.
David S.
Chief Estimator
September 22, 2017

“Great tool without a huge learning curve.”

OverallThis is a great tool and I am glad I found it. I am still learning it so I am sure it will get even better once I have all the moves perfected to my needs. The customer support is great. Very timely and helpful. Start with the free trial and a quick lesson. I tried a few different free trials of other types of takeoff software and Active Takeoff won me over. Good price too!
ProsCustomer Support Ease of Use Direct and to the point takeoff and reports without the unnecessary bells and whistles. I like the Export to Excel feature.
ConsCan get slow and sticky if the page gets too full of takeoff. To counter that you need to create layers and turn them off and on to keep it running smooth. Length counter is not continuous around bends and angles. Need to start and stop then start again many times for long lengths. Can't click to next or previous page. You have to go to the plans page and find the page you want to go to next.
September 22, 2017
JEFFREY O.
Vice President
December 10, 2018

“Ease in Estimating”

ProsThe professional results that can be easily obtained by using this program are second to none.
ConsThere could be a wider variety of color options available to use.

By Quoter Software on December 13, 2018
Hello Jeffrey, Thanks for the great review. You can use up to 16 million colors in Active Takeoff. Please contact us and we will show you how it works.
December 10, 2018
Bennett M.
Sales Manager
Building Materials, 11-50 employees

“Maxwell Stone”

ProsQuick learning curve, accurate, versatile and professional.
ConsThe main screen when doing takeoffs is a bit cluttered.
Todd S.
Managing Partner

“Survey”

OverallGood
ProsThe software is extremely easy to use really takes no time to learn.
ConsI would like to see a scale that goes up to at least 1 1/2" currently the software only goes up to 1" and there are a lot of drawings that are 1 1/2" scale and this has to be done manually and it takes time.
Mike O.
Senior Manager

“Great Product”

OverallAewsome
ProsHow Quick i can use it when im using it
ConsHow and where files are saved and trying to locate them
James G.
Senior Estimator
June 6, 2018

“A quality product with the most phenomenal customer service.”

OverallTake-off accuracy. SPEED!
ProsThe countless array of colors and hatches gives this product a tremendous amount of flexibility. Couple that with the awesome reports and estimating tools and you have a winner!
ConsI have yet to find anything I dislike about the software. There have been 1 or 2 times where my scroll was slightly jerky but I attribute that to my computer, not the software.
June 6, 2018

“Fantastic Product”

OverallI have had a fantastic experience using the product. I recommended it to my co-worker that needed a similar product for his computer. It would have been nice if you could purchase additional seats for the same office at a discounted price, but overall I am very happy with the product.
ProsI like the ease of use. When I first started using the product, I couldn't believe how nicely all of the tools were mapped and how easy it was to figure out.
ConsThere are some minor functions that create a little annoyance every now and then, but nothing that I would say makes me not want to use the product.
Timothy K.
Construction, Self-employed

“Easy to Use”

OverallI use it every day to do my takeoffs. I find it accurate, even lets me set the slope and calculate the needed materials
ProsSimply add your plans as .pdf's, set the scale, and do your takeoff. Easy Peasy
ConsSometimes when it opens, the window doesn't appear and I have to right click the mouse and say show windows and it pops up.
Cliff H.
Project manager
December 14, 2017

“Very simple take offs”

OverallI was able to use this as my initial take off which was as easy as a 10 out of 10, easy platform, quick take offs.
ProsHow easy it is to use. I was able to install my blue prints with ease. I got accurate measurements. As always with using a new app i get very tense and with Active Takeoff i had no problem.
December 14, 2017
Joe S.
Vice President
August 8, 2016

“Awesome Takeoff Software for an Old School Scaler”

OverallPicked up 85% of program in about a day. Saves me hours over the old school scaling. Accuracy is also much better
ProsBeing able to layer drawings and areas for breakouts. Being able to color code different areas
Consneeds more versatility for masonry. NO 12", 14" or 16" Block. Need Grout Calculations in Yards. Need to figure in splicing for rebar
August 8, 2016
May 8, 2019

“Active Takeoff review”

ProsEase of use, and the awesome back-up service.
ConsNothing - so far.
May 8, 2019
Nathaniel Z.
November 20, 2018

“Quick and Simple to Use”

ProsThe product is simple to use, with all the tools clearly labeled and it is fast to use.
ConsThere are a few selections I would like to see for the reports. Having a cubic yard item to total the takeoff with is handy, but I would like to see a little more flexibility with the quantification. For example, I would prefer to have the option to choose square yards of concrete rather than cubic yards, as I have to do a little additional multiplication.
BARBARA D.
Director of Operations
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2016

“incredible find! ”

OverallThis software is so easy to use once you have it installed. With OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT, they really assist when you need it! They are courteous, knowledgeable and respectful to us laymen users that do not know the in's and out's of programming. I am so thrilled that we selected this software over the others. FANTASTIC VALUE!
ProsRelatively easy to use - I made my first set of counts with less than one hour of training
ConsDidn't know about the knowledge base at first.
Recommendations to other buyersYou need to advertise more! We heard about you from a vendor and I am so glad we purchased this! Also - below I could not find our category. We are a manufacturer's sales rep agency for lighting manufacturers. We sell to electrical distributors and commercial homebuilders primarily.
December 7, 2016
Jim S.
Consultant

“Mainly Flooring Takeoffs”

OverallCurrently using only for "estimated" quantities for pricing, freight and warehousing. (due to deductions not on reports). For example, a room is 12x12=144 sf area and 48 lf perimeter but there are 2 doorways at 3 lf each. If I stop and start, too many #'s to track. I've shown it to a couple of general contractors but they are using something else.
ProsThe 90 degree angle showing when doing a lineal takeoff. The "panoramic" cursor to view about the sheet. Enjoy all the colors but also the symbols & keys for marking areas. Printable locally or can email.
ConsOnly PC operating system (no IOS interface). 28 key code to operate remotely. Reports do not allow for "Deductions" from total sf or lf.
Joe S.

“Excellent Product!”

Overall
ProsEase of use. Great functionality. Very comprehensive. Great product that lets you use as many, or few, of the features you need.
ConsWould like to see a way to set the scale for a group of plan pages at once, and not just setting the scale for each plan page individually.
Chester N.

“I love Active Takeoff”

OverallIt really spends up my time trying to calculate how much a item will cost me.
ProsIt is so simple to use and gives you really close measurements. It really works with my estimating program, Contractor Office.
ConsI really don't have any problems to talk about.
November 21, 2018

“Easy software to learn”

OverallI reviewed at least 10 major companies who produce estimating software. I chose this one because of how easy it was to setup and use. You can import from PDF, jpeg, png. How much better can you get?
ProsI watched all the tutorial videos first. I also read in the 'help' section - all pertinent areas pertaining to what type of estimating I would do. With that said - I found the software easy to use/setup. Once setup, I found getting the info easy. I did mostly house frame estimation. In about an hour, I could do a complete frame takeoff. Setup was key.
ConsThe report process. If I printed the PDF version- it used a lot of paper. There was no ability to change line spacing fonts etc. 1 simple house frame generated 15-30 pages of paper.
November 21, 2018
Jair M.
CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
February 16, 2017

“BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”

Overalltried out the free trial of this and planswift and vu360. the most user firiendly and reliable one was without a doubt active takeoff. the price was half of other competitors and also the annual charge was half. the support is also friendly and reliable and gets back to you really quick. i bought a license about a year ago and getting ready to buy another one for a new estimator in the company.
ProsUSER FRIENDLY AND COST SAVER
ConsEXPORTING TO EXCEL SOMETIMES MIXES THINGS OR OMITS THINGS
February 16, 2017
George W.
Sr Project Manager & Estimator

“Use of Active Takeoff”

OverallActive Takeoff removes the burden of manually scaling with the takeoff ruler/tape. I feel your program is 70% more accurate than manual takeoffs, and the clear ledge-ability of the printed reports.
ProsGreat software for Estimating. Used it on many large projects. Sometimes uploading PDF's the scale is not accurate so I like the manual scaling feature. The takeoff report is Great. I do not utilize the estimating portion of the program at this time. I use other programs/cost books to compile pricing, labor minimums and depreciation. Over all I am very satisfied with Active Takeoff.
ConsWould be nice in the future if Active Takeoff had costs by zip code for the estimate portion of the program.
Jim R.
VP - Administration

“what a time saver”

OverallI do al our takeoffs and estimating. I increased my bid dollar volume by at least 4 times. It is easy to use once you figure it out. I still have lots to learn about its capabilities but it has sure improved my productivity.
ProsI keeps up with counts and lengths. I don't have to do that manually after taking off the list.
ConsThe drop down menu where you choose the next item to take off is too small. I end up scrolling for days to find the one item I am looking for. I can't seem to find a way to expand its size either.
Yoon H.
April 15, 2019

“VERY Useful tool”

OverallVery easy, very fast, relatively accurate. Awesome for quick estimation.
ProsThe intuitiveness of the software is just amazing. I didn't need tutorials for the most part and was able to figure out what I was able to do just by trying things out.
ConsThere was 1 thing that was missing which was joist estimation on construction. I mean we figured out a way to do it with the tools available, but it would be great if it would be able to do it as well.
April 15, 2019
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
November 17, 2018

“VERY easy to use estimation software”

OverallI think after trying a bunch of estimation software Active takeoff took the lead because everything was so intuitive and easy to learn so didn't have to spend time or extra money in taking any courses, and also the price of the software was reasonable
ProsVery easy learning path, accurate estimation, possibility to include prices and also it runs smooth on my pc
ConsI have no negative comments, overall it met my expectations

By Quoter Software on December 13, 2018
Thanks for the great review. Please contact our service desk for any info you might need.
November 17, 2018
Randal C.
Senior Project Controls Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2018

“Easiest takeoff app I've ever used”

OverallNone. Love the product.
ProsThe graphic user interface is familiar if you're a Windows user, and most of us are, so to me that's what makes the app so easy to use. In my opinion, if you've ever used the On Center On Screen app, learning how to use this app is a breeze.
ConsNo "cons" in my opinion. Fully functional from the time it's downloaded.

By Quoter Software on December 14, 2018
Hello Randal, Thanks for the awesome review! Do not hesitate to contact our support desk for any info you might need.
Milton T.
August 29, 2017

“Outstanding customer service support, great value for content!”

OverallHelp out with the time consumption in comparison to a manual take off.
ProsEvery time that we have needed support the Active Takeoff support team has been there to answer our questions with a live technician. It sure feels good to know that there is still support out there without having to be on hold forever. They are working to make there product even more user friendly; I did not grow up using a computer, am old school, paper, pencil, eraser, calculator and arch. ruler, what it took days to do now takes hours. Thank you Active Takeoff, looking forward to your continual updates.
ConsThere is really nothing bad about this product. They are reprogramming some of the features that can allow us to identify the materials being used, but other than that, it is a great product for the value.
August 29, 2017
Jake M.
Commercial Sales Director
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
November 17, 2017

“It does the job, but with some changes and updates, it could be a lot better. I will continute to use it, mostly based on price.”

ProsPrice. Obviously you can spend a lot more on similar products. We only do countertops so it gets detailed enough for us and is all we need to spend to do the job.
ConsUnable to read the font on the main plan sheet page below the pages. There is no way to search for keywords like adobe. Measurements don't show up on small items even after zooming. The report pages are't that easy to read.
November 17, 2017
Carlos H.
Estimator
June 27, 2019

“Bids made easier”

OverallWe get alot new construction PDF's plans and have to find measurements.Using the measuring tool on the rooflines on Active take off is so much easier than trying to enlarge the page or finding small hidden numbers which is hard on the eyes after a while.
ProsPDF Plans can be uploaded and converted to measure
ConsOverall its a great program , I had a little trouble trying to determining the scale. It could be more user friendly.
June 27, 2019
Denis L.
Project Manager, GSC
Construction, Self-employed

“Comment”

OverallBecause I use it as a culculating tool for surfaces it has saved me time to estimate, and is pretty accurate.
ProsCalculating surfaces is my biggest use of the program at this time, I have not progress to utilizing the estimate sheet as of yet but intend to try it in the next few weeks.
ConsI am still very new with the system, and as a user I am not familiar with all the features available or not available.
Bobby O.
MD
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“Electrical Contractor”

OverallIdeal for take off for tender preparation, especially handy for domestic work. Very limited when it comes to commercial tenders where there are more accessories to count, Biggest problem for me is lack of proper icond ie square ,circle,diamond. Should be proper symbols.
ProsEasy to use, provides simple take off's , simple yet effective.
ConsNot enough icons/symbols. I am an electrical contractor and would love to have electrical accessories symbols.
Amanda O.
Office Manager/Estimator

“Thoughts”

OverallSo far so good. Looking forward to updates in the future to accommodate more for the finish contractors.
ProsIt's ease of use, it is very self explanatory.
ConsIt doesn't have customizable features for flooring. It is hard to measure for trim and/or base because there isn't an applicable extension. And the fact that there isn't a snap to feature, so it is hard to get a straight line quickly.