Typeform Ratings

Overall

About Typeform

You need data to power your business you also care about how your audience experiences your brand. Whoever your audience is, one thing's clear: sharing information through forms & surveys should be easy, fun, and flawless on any device. By the way, Typeform integrates with over 500 of your favorite apps. Send data to Mailchimp to build your list, Google Sheets for analysis, or Salesforce to personalize your customer experience. Typeform: forms & surveys for the people. Learn more about Typeform

Jamie D.
Learning Management System Administrator, Training Specialist
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
March 6, 2018

“Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.”

OverallTypeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.
ProsForm or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website. Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a little exposure, it quickly becomes apparent that they have made it faster than ever to create a form. v2 instantly displays changes that you make to your form and building it is as easy as typing in the browser. Along with its ease of use, Typeform offers more complex features that really allow you to expand your uses for the product. We use question branching and the calculator tool to make an inexpensive online quiz for a segment of our users. Typeform also supports embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos and uploading pictures.
ConsThere are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.
March 6, 2018
Paulo D.
General Manager
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
July 31, 2019

“Best form site I've ever used.”

OverallExcellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.
ProsI absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.
ConsOnly 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Insurance, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“Generates Leads On Its Own”

ProsWe absolutely love Typeform for our business. We have created many lead generating surveys and tools to help our users. We have even converted our PDF applications into interactive typeforms so people can complete applications on their mobile device. Typeform is easy to use, the possibilities are endless, and it is fun for users. We like the ability to customize typeform for our business using our business color scheme and logo. We also like that we can customize our typeform link when sending to clients. It feels less like we are sending them to a third party software and more like they are still on our website.
ConsThe "Calculate" feature does not actually calculate in the sense of a real calculator. Rather, it calculates "points" if you are creating quizzes and surveys. The new Typeform interface is kind of hard to get used to simply because we were SO used to the old interface. It's always hard when software companies change up their tool or give their tool a face lift....it takes some getting used to. New users will have no difficulty though. It's only a con for us because we were used to their original interface.
April 23, 2018
Dave O.
Founder & CEO
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
November 23, 2016

“Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet”

OverallWe've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API. In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too. Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down occasionally. In the last 12 months we've had two big issues that have both lasted a couple of days. In most use cases (if you want to run non-time-critical surveys, where an error message popping up is no big deal), Typeform is an amazing data collection instrument. But if your own brand/image depends on it, I think it's going to take a bit longer before Typeform's own infrastructure and architecture is robust enough. Customer care is always helpful and friendly. Just be aware that they're not available 24x7, which is noticeable if you're not in their timezone (CET).
ProsSurvey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers. Ease of use. Value for money.
ConsService not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it). Customer support not 24x7.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want a great looking survey, I thoroughly recommend Typeform.
November 23, 2016
Jared D.
Customer Success Manager
May 9, 2019

“Modern, Smart Form Builder!”

OverallTypeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.
ProsTypeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.
ConsTypeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.
May 9, 2019
René H.
IT Manager
Media Production, 51-200 employees
January 10, 2018

“Robust online form builder solution, room for further improvement”

OverallFlexible and easy to use way to collect data to understand the needs and concern of our customers better.
ProsNice and very user interactive, engaging forms, perfect for mobile devices. Good and clean user interface for building and administrating forms. Seamless and stable integration of Stripe payments. Very flexible, you have all possibilities to use. I recommend to use it for collecting quick feedbacks with manageable data to collect. Very easy website and e-mail embed.
ConsFor me, typeform provides too much playful details and they stick on the "skip from one entry to the next" approach. That means you fill out one question and you have to click to skip to the next question. In my opinion, this is not always the best way to provide online forms to your folks. You have to click 10 times to fill out your name and your address, hmm.
January 10, 2018
Cynthia G.
Student Verifier
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
December 16, 2017

“Great for Market Research”

ProsI am a college student involved in entrepreneurship endeavors with groups and have used Typeform to create surveys to collect research for some of our target groups. I find it very intuitive to use and love the choices when it comes to how I am able to ask the question (i.e. multiple choice, select many, short answer). I also really enjoy being able to see the metrics and analyze the responses we have received on the surveys. Being able to download the results data as an Excel spreadsheet is one of my favorite features! The reports feature is also really nice as I can use that to visually present information/results of the survey. Being able to share the surveys I create is also very easy!
ConsAs a student and not a constant user, I wish there were different packages available to fit my needs. I cannot justify upgrading for more features such as being able to add other people to your workspace, when I am able to get the survey done myself and report back the findings. I would be nice if instead of maybe adding people to the workspace that would be able to make edits and create surveys, that they could just view the results. It would save me some time and help my teams collaborate better. Overall, I really enjoy the basic plan, but would consider upgrading if there was a package that fit my needs better!
December 16, 2017
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Insurance, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2017

“Beautiful Surveys - Great For Lead Gen”

ProsWe use Typeform primarily for lead generation. It is a beautiful way to capture information from people. It makes inputting information interactive, not boring and time-consuming. Customization is easy, and there are multiple ways to share your Typeform once you build it (embed it, create your own Typeform page, etc) What I loved best is that you could test the "pro" version out before buying AND you didn't need to start over. You can start on the free version, then upgrade to the pro version for free to try it out, and not have to spend time re-creating your content. Typeform duplicates your content for you and allows you to see what you could do to your Typeforms if you used the pro version. Super helpful. Customer support is great via email, Very professional and kind :)
ConsNo cons. The learning curve is easy, there are tons of Typeforms you can view beforehand for inspiration. There's really nothing not to like.
May 31, 2017
Garrett G.
Marketing Manager ¿ Technology
February 5, 2019

“One of My Favourites”

OverallGreat tool, great support, great integrations, very good pricing. Highly recommended.
ProsTypeform is the only survey tool that I can say I enjoy using. The surveys look fantastic, the flexibility of customization is amazing (definitely above other platforms in the space), and it's surprisingly easy to set up integrations or use some of the more complex features without needing too much hand-holding. I have reached out to support numerous times for everything from feature requests (I've sent many of those over the years) to trying to figure out how to do something crazy with a Typeform and the support team is always all over it. Great support team for sure!
ConsTypeform has less functionality than some platforms like SurveyGizmo, but for 99.9% of people out there, that won't be an issue. One nit that has bugged me forever is that even if you subscribe to Typeform, by default every form you create will include the Typeform branding and you have to manually turn this off every single time. If you pay for the service, the white-labeling should be turned on by default.
February 5, 2019
Quinn B.
Photography, Self-employed
February 17, 2019

“The Design + Capabilities of Typeform Blows Other Form Builders Away”

OverallI couldn't imagine using any other form builder. Because Typeform has an up-to-date look and feel and has great features like logic jumps, the ability to add GIFs into forms, and several embedding options, I have been a fan from the beginning. Their style is a perfect fit for my business because it's clean, modern, but powerful.
ProsI love that Typeform both looks great without compromising utility or usefulness. It helps keep people who fill out the form engaged because of smooth transitions between questions. Most form builders get the job done but look generic or outdated - Typeform is anything but that. I sent a questionnaire to some clients last year, but I sent half of the clients the questionnaire built with Typeform and I sent the other half other clients the exact same questions using another form builder. I got almost an 85% response rate using the Typeform version, while the other form builder barely got a 60% response rate. Exact same questions sent, but I saw evidence that the better looking form (from Typeform) played a role in a higher response rate.
ConsTypeform updated the form builder several months ago and I've run into some issues where older Typeforms (i.e. forms made before the update) didn't properly migrate or some questions were removed from the form. Even though support helped resolve it, it was frustrating that I had to go back and test/troubleshoot forms that had previously been working for years.
February 17, 2019
Maria G.
Product Designer
Internet, 201-500 employees
March 14, 2019

“Customize to your Brand Standards Seamlessly ”

OverallSuch a great tool, and like I mentioned before, it's fun to use!
ProsI've used Typeform primarily for surveys, polls, and just gathering data as a whole. I want to start off by stating that this is a fun tool to use. The UI on the site is visually appealing, it's inviting, and it's very user friendly. They've got such a large array of different templates and tools available for generating content that is specific to your brand, and without making you spend too much time while at it. I'm usually performing surveys through Typeform and the pre-filled templates have been so essential in cutting down time on my end to compile a list and type them out manually, one by one. Additionally, each survey has a stats section in which I can view all responses. This is a fantastic tool, and having it all in one place is super convenient.
ConsThere isn't much in particular that I dislike. I think 'My workspace' was a bit difficult to use when I first started. There wasn't on-boarding when I first started to use it, which would have been nice. Help docs are great, but sometimes its just nice to have a bit of a walkthrough on some new features or for new users at first glance.
March 14, 2019
Kristin C.
Events Services, 11-50 employees
September 22, 2019

“Happy Customers - Happier Staff!”

OverallTypeform is what we have been looking for FOR YEARS. We have a complex questionnaire that we need our clients to fill out and this has made the experience so much easier for our clients and staff. The logic jumps are a GAME CHANGER. The user interface is clean and modern. LOVE THIS PROGRAM.
ProsCustomizable forms with so many options! Easy to use for basic forms - somewhat easy to learn for complex forms. Logic jumps to simplify and personalize forms for a positive user experience Ability to integrate videos, photos, and more
ConsThere is no phone support - only email support. Response time from a representative can take a couple of days. The logic jumps can get a little complex and have a bit of a learning curve if you are making complex forms - but it is doable!
September 22, 2019
Sujee K.
Founder & CEO
Education Management, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2019

“Typeform Review”

OverallIt's been great. Very user friendly, free service is sufficient for most use practices and customer support is great. Highly recommend it if you need beautiful forms on your site.
ProsIt is easy to use and beautiful. They have great templates to get you started whether it is to create a registration form or to simply conduct a survey. I use it as a contact form on my site and all emails are saved and organized on their server and database to access, download, and share. You can even pull up statistics and analytics on how your specific form is doing!
ConsThe PRO+ version is quite expensive and their WordPress plugin is outdated. I think it would be great if they can update the plugin with features such as 'masking' their URL so it doesn't say "typeform.companyname.com/...". I would like it if there was a way to just use the user's company URL address rather than having each contact form show up as a typeform URL.
January 25, 2019
Jeel S.
Associate
11-50 employees
May 14, 2018

“Easy and Effective!”

OverallIn general, I really enjoy using Typeform and it has made life much easier in many ways. So I give it a big thumbs up!
ProsThe best thing I love about Typeform is that it's so effective because it looks so good and the work is done in minimum time. Another thing I like about it is its interface, it's so easy to see and add the logic jumps, the hidden fields, etc. It makes life much easier because of that. Another thing I like it that it has so many features that we can use to make our forms work in the most efficient way. I aslo love the way the summary of responses is given - makes it easy to analyse.
ConsI did not find many cons while working with Typeform. But here are a few things I noticed: 1. It gets a little slow at times and might take a while to respond. 2. Sometimes even when no changes are made, it shows that someone else has made changes and the last few changes that are made by you get undone.
May 14, 2018
Laura W.
April 11, 2018

“I love it for the sleek and modern interface. My surveys look stunning and relevant to my audience!”

ProsI've been working as a market researcher for quite some time. It's proficient enough for mundane tasks, and overall I am impressed with the multitude of options it comes preconfigured with (you can use it for as little as a poll, or as trivial and amusing as a trivia quiz with immediate scoring, or as complex as a market research survey with logic answers). I love that Typeform has a live preview that allows you to see instantly what your typeform will look like. In my previous jobs I used to find it tricky to create modern, attractive designs on the softwares I was using at the time; Typeform proved to me that it's sleek, intuitive, and really modern; you can embed videos into the survey, you can embed it on your webpage, or share it directly via social media, and you have immediate access to the live responses. The reporting is basic, but hey, you can integrate it with your favourite apps via Zapier or Google Sheets if your wanted to do some proper analysis.
ConsThe URL of the generated survey captures the name as registered on the account. When I use it for various purposes, I don't like having that name show up, so I manually have to go into the account to change it every time if I create a typeform that would benefit from a URL that has resonance to my audience. The good thing is that changing the registeres name in this fashion does not affect existent active links; so you can change it over and over again. Having said that, in light of all the positives, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd appreciate the flexibility in editing my URL.
April 11, 2018
Josh L.
VP
October 11, 2019

“Best survey software out there”

OverallOverall I use typeform when our surveys absolutely have to look great and client facing. The interface makes it extremely easy for submitters to navigate which helps overall submissions.
ProsTypeform is an extremely easy to use survey software that creates an amazing looking clean finished product. I like the ability to customize the images, colors, fonts, and almost everything about your survey. It also has great reporting that shows you stats on every submission.
ConsThere isn't a great downloadable report template that you can get. It is quite bulky when you download vs a simple overview output. This could be better overall.
October 11, 2019
Melissa D.
Founder + Creative Director
Design, Self-employed
February 4, 2019

“Easiest form system to use for many use cases”

ProsVery easy to use. You have many options to customise your questions - from radio buttons to multiple choice options to "on a scale of 1 to 10" type questions where you can use numbers or icons (with the option to customise the icons in the scale - I've used hearts for my forms). Very easy for people to submit answers as well. There's nothing worse than sending a form to someone and they battle to fill it in, because it means that they'll give up and you'll never get your desired responses. I love that you can embed a form as well. Perfect for embedding into website pages - which is what I do with my forms. I've used Typeforms on my clients' websites as well, and when we do changes to their sites, they always ask me not to remove "that form system you put on our site" - ie Typeform.
ConsNot sure if this is a "user error", but sometimes respondents think that they've submitted answers, but they haven't because they haven't clicked on the last button to submit the answers to the form owner. This has happened to me a few times, and occasionally to one or 2 of my clients. I think maybe what could be added is text to say that if the last button isn't clicked, that the responses won't be submitted.
February 4, 2019
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Typeform gives you the ability to understand your customers needs, quickly.”

OverallEnjoyable, pleasant and insightful!
ProsWant to setup a form that allows users to submit a feature request? Typeforms got you covered. Want to setup a cancelation survey? Typeforms got you! Need to understand why someone deleted their freakin' account? Typeform. That's pretty much the best part of this service. The quick and easy forms and the great results reporting. I can quickly jump into Typeform and understand why someone possibly left, gave feedback, or just left a survey!
ConsThe interface does leave something to be desired, it is setup kind of strange in my opinion and the UI needs a make over. But aside from that I love it!
December 12, 2018
Savannah G.
Content Manager
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2019

“collect info, get emails!”

OverallLearning about your customer, interactive opt-in, email list building
ProsYou can customize a funnel for you website visitors... Figure out their basic contact info to build an email list and have them answer questions to know what their pain points are. Then you can better help serve them! Building out the funnel is fun and interactive for the user.
ConsTo access certain features, you'll want to get the paid version. Also, the first time I used this I needed a lot of guidance.
James D.
Head of Creative
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“Easy to make forms that look awesome!”

OverallWe use Typeform internally for onboarding questionnaires, combining with Zapier, the relevant departments are informed with an email breakdown of the results as well as a Google Doc being created for archive purposes. No more paper forms and printing!
ProsIt's super easy to create an awesome looking form to capture data, create a quiz etc. There are loads of theme and colour options as well as being able to make your own and save for future forms. Data integration is very useful, allowing you to connect Google Sheets and other tools to transfer responses to so you don't have to give out account details, especially if you're creating a form for a client. It's responsive! So many times have I had to fill out a form that looks awful on mobile, not these bad boys!
ConsSome of the forms I create can be quite complex and as such the platform seems to slow down accordingly which can be a bit frustrating at times. Some of the controls/functions aren't intuitive or don't work as imagined. For example, if you have a question group with only one question and you want to move that question out of the group, good luck, because you can't. You have to duplicate it, move it, then delete the whole group.
July 17, 2019
David C.
Band Leader / Wedding Specialist
January 31, 2018

“Amazingly intuitive forms that look GREAT”

OverallFast beautiful forms
ProsI love the look of these forms that are created, it's easy to brand, easy to create and very
ConsPRICE, it's too effing expensive. I would be happy to pay for the PRO pricing, but you don't get the feature of sending a completed form visitor to a thank you page unless you pay PRO++ pricing which is too expensive. I see no benefit for doing the pro pricing, so I'm back on the free (which is fantastic btw)
January 31, 2018
Josip L.
Sales Manager
Retail, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2019

“Natural Surveys and Forms”

OverallI collected a lot of useful data that I think if I would use some other survey tool wouldn't be that much valuable. I got almost 80% solved ratio of email recipients. That is huge and I never had that high percent and I regularly send surveys to our customers.
ProsTypeform allows me to create online surveys or forms which looks more natural and are designed by people for people. There are no fancy overkill features which some other survey tools have because they are often hard to use and perform far worse than a simple yet beautiful survey or form. Every form looks just beautiful and calls for recipients to answer more and more because I think it is more friendly than other survey tools. Forms or surveys are solved in the top to down approach and there is a nice graphical slide which tells you at which percent you are at the current survey. I especially liked connectivity with MailChimp. It worked very well.
ConsI liked every part of Typeform except their pricing. For our budget, it is a way too high but if you try their free version you will see that it is more like trial limited version and it still performs very good. Also, I encountered some strange bug that bothered me for a long time. When I was using MailChimp connection some data weren't transferred correctly to this service. I tried to contact their support but it wasn't the speediest one and the answers I got weren't on a level as their tool.
July 18, 2019

“Great for collecting data in a user-focused way”

OverallGreat for businesses who want to collect information from customers with beautiful design and with the user at the forefront. Great company, great product.
ProsI absolutely love typeform. Super straightforward and easy to use for both the creator and the user.
ConsThe only con is how many restrictions there are for the free version, but the 1st tier paid version isn't too much money. I definitely recommend getting the paid version.
July 18, 2019
Alistair B.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2018

“Typeform has made our online forms so easy to manage.”

OverallIt's so much better than using usual html forms and has made the process simple and seamless.
ProsWe like the way it integrates so easily with our website and gives us the option to embed it in numerous ways. All the data can be distributed easily by forwarding onto multiple email addresses but also by linking it to other 3rd party apps such as Slack etc.
ConsIt was a quite a steep learning curve in order to set the forms up etc but is has since become easier when they updated it this year.
September 18, 2018
Daniel F.
December 22, 2017

“A welcome fresh approach to online form usability”

OverallExcellent user interface for online and mobile friendly forms which is proven to increase survey and sales engagement due to being a good user experience. Web forms reinvented.
ProsThe most beautifully designed online cross platform forms which will increase engagement and response rates because quite simply, they don't suck to use! Web forms are frustrating to use, especially on mobile devices, Typeforms are not. There are excellent features to survey people in a more innovative and direct questioning way rather than monotonous and monolithic forms. People respond better to Typeforms based on our survey results. Payment integrations and conditional fields make this great for selling complex products, such as in our case medical consultations which benefit from some data gathering before the event.
ConsVery expensive for a SAAS product. Bearing in mind that you usually integrate it with some other SAAS product as either a data store or action / charge mechanism it adds up fast. Really limited free tier in both scale (responses) and feature set. The reporting features could be better for the price and are a bit too dependent on exporting as a spreadsheet.
December 22, 2017
Vasilis S.
Developer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2019

“From the most beautiful forms builders”

OverallVery useful tools. The fonts that are used in design are amazing. Nice transitions between the questions when you reply them (if you seat from the user's side) and very fast loading time and inside the website that I embeded my forms and the editor in general. Value for money for their servers !!!
ProsNice user interface with simple steps you create a paradise. Perfect design prebuilt forms and no many limits in trial version
ConsYou aren't able to program your forms as you want. It's when this software becomes difficult in use when you have to do with these stuff
Holly M.
Business Owner
Retail, Self-employed
November 5, 2018

“Easy and intuitive, embeddable surveys!”

OverallI use Shopify and I am not a developer, and the basic contact form on most Shopify themes leaves much to be desired, and I used to receive an influx of spam emails from bro-dudes saying my website sucked and they could fix it. Shopify's form did not make the body of the email required, so the spam got to reach stupid levels and I turned to Typeform to create a contact form that worked for me and my needs. Embedded it onto my website, and boom! Spam emails no more. Seriously.
ProsIt's so easy to use and looks amazing. I know there are other survey platforms out there, but Typeform has so many features, just on the free version, and makes it easy to embed on a website!
ConsSome of the features like logic use the paid tier, which is totally understandable.
November 5, 2018
Sheila X.
Copywriter
September 30, 2019

“If you can afford it, Typeform is the best in the market”

OverallDidn't really use it for business purposes, but the free version is great for personal uses like wedding invitations, trip planning, and classroom sign ups.
ProsTypeform creates beautiful, dynamic forms that are a pleasure to fill out. It is very easy and intuitive to create a form within your account, and you even can customize the visual aspects! It is the best I've seen in the forms market.
ConsThe price was way too unaffordable especially for an aspiring one person business owner, so I just use it for personal uses like wedding RSVPs. If they could make it more affordable for students, aspiring business owners, etc, I'll be happy to sign up!
September 30, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2019

“Streamline your work with typeform”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is how quick and easy it is to create a form to collect data from our employees. I use it to collect client information who employees want to send swag to. They fill in the typeform and i have a zapier send the results straight to a channel in my slack, where i can then box up the swag and ping the receptionist to send out the box with the results from typeform. Perfect way of working.
ConsThere isn't much that I don't like. I've run accross a few bugs when building my form the first time, but definitely not a dealbreaker.
July 26, 2019
Ron Elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
October 10, 2018

“Knowing my future Customers' has never been so conversational”

OverallI had an amazing experience using this!
ProsTypeform's take on UI and UX is outstanding. It's so refreshing just like whenever I create Survey forms using Typeform, it's like you're already talking with your Prospects, Leads or Customers (If you really know what you're up to and what you're doing). This feature alone is a huge PLUS for every Marketers or Sellers since the dawn of Marketing and Selling Automation, the conversational feeling of knowing what, when, why, where, who and how you Customers, Leads and Prospects feel or experience had been gone for ages. Thankfully, Typeform had already broke that rule.
ConsBecause of Typeform's great features, I particularly love learning the full features of any Software and maybe the learning curve I experienced using this Software is somewhat difficult because of its addicting UX. But that just me and I haven't experienced any difficult experience.
October 10, 2018
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
August 12, 2019

“Best looking and joyful to use surveys and forms!”

OverallLOVE typeform and as a designer, I'm happy someone chose to take a fresh approach to this arena.
ProsMakes a crappy task of form filling and survey taking into a fun, vibrant experience. I love the options of being able to design out your form, and how that simply breaks the stigma around form filling and survey taking. It's informative in it's instructions so it is very easy to use and there are lots of resources available as part of the product.
ConsIt can complicate your overall survey/form as you can spend too much time designing the experience instead of just getting it done, but I can live with that.
August 12, 2019

“Client feedback”

OverallWe use Typeform to survey our clients to get their critical feedback on how things are working and what we can do better. We've found that the simple, clean look makes using this survey much easier than others on the market.
ProsI use Typeform for many different business applications, but find the best feature the ability to fully customize the look and feel of the survey. We use it a lot for marketing with very large clients and when you fully customize the survey, it makes it feel very professional like it's coming direct from the brand marketing team.
ConsThere are not many fonts to choose from within the software. I would also like to see a more friendly pricing structure that allows you to pay per survey rather than per month. This is how our company uses it most often.
Mike A.
Youth Director
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
January 3, 2019

“Beats Our Paid Church Option”

OverallAs I said: Its value far exceeds its $0 price point (I do not use the paid model as the data I collect fits comfortably into the 100/month category). I do not see myself switching from Typeform anytime in the near future.
ProsTypeform is simple and does exactly what I need it to do. Customizable templates, reports, optional notifications, easily shared. On the user experience side, it beats the daylights out of the complex system the church I work for utilizes and pays out of its ears for! I have said in no uncertain terms to our staff that we will continue to use Typeform over the church's software because its simplicity increases its utility to the general population.
ConsThe lack of mobile access is Typeform's one major weakness in my estimation. I have to be sitting at my computer to view submissions if I do not turn on notifications that push to my email (something I do not leverage as my inbox is cluttered enough as it is).
January 3, 2019
Thiago C.
Design, 11-50 employees
September 25, 2018

“Love Typeform”

OverallI use Typeform every day and my business can't live without it. Tried many other solutions but kept coming back to it.
ProsIt's beautiful and simple. Can't get any better
ConsI believe multiple uploads is a must have and that's missing.
September 25, 2018
Sean P.
CEO | Managing Partner
Financial Services, Unspecified
June 26, 2018

“By far the best interactive lead-quiz software out there!”

OverallIt helps me to sort and manage customer data better and it helps customers to be more forthcoming with their questions and information.
ProsI like everything. I like the integrations. I like the ease of designing templates. I like how changes can be viewed and made ad-hoc. I LOVE the logic jumps and how everything is laid out to make the process of creating a lead quiz or survey very straight-forward. I'm amped about Typeform!
ConsI don't like that I have to get the most expensive version to remove the typeform branding. That stinks.
June 26, 2018
Internet, 501-1000 employees
June 20, 2018

“The best forms tool in the market!”

OverallUser experience, Survey Organization, Payment collection
ProsUsing the tool (whether as a end user filling a survey or creating one) is a joy that is unparalleled. The tool moves so fluidly and languidly from one question to another that it is an utter delight to fill forms. The tool also allows embedding images and videos which I use all the time. The company is very responsive and always open to listening to ideas about new features. They have also provided great support in answering my queries.
ConsThe tool exports to excel, it takes a lot of formatting to make the export legible. Also the summary results visualizations in TypeForm is quite basic. I have seen other tools like SparkCharts tackle this better.
June 20, 2018
April 9, 2019

“Excellent for customer surveys - shame the editor isn't as good in the newer version”

OverallWe wanted to reach out to customers in variety of ways, and Typeform allows us to do just that.
ProsI love how you can create surveys for customers with a simple interface, and manage the user flow too based on their answers. It is also great to be able to apply custom branding, without having to fork out for an Enterprise level plan, which is refreshing.
ConsThe new editor is terrible - the older version was much easier to work with. For example, pressing enter on the keyboard will add a new section, instead of a line break, which can be annoying.
April 9, 2019
Jaron H.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 9, 2019

“Beautiful forms, somewhat pricey ”

ProsThey redesigned the form experience. I discovered typeform because I used one on some other website. I thought it was really well designed! It caused me to give it a try. Typeform makes the experience much better than the typical basic form that you're used to. It gives your business a professional look. They're easy to build, and easy to place on your website.
ConsTypeform may have made changes since I last used it, but at the time it was pretty pricey... I understand that Typeform forms look a lot better than a standard form, but their competition is another company's free product. I can find a free form product with unlimited allowed submissions, but it may not look quite as nice. I would love to use Typeform for all my forms for my small website, but then I realized that I was limited with my submissions and I just couldn't quite justify the price for the next package up. It's not that I don't wan't to pay for a service, but the price just seemed too much. However, they may have changed their prices since.
January 9, 2019
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2018

“Beautiful interface and packed with powerful features”

ProsWe have been using Typeform for more than 2 years now. The interface of Typeform survey makes it the best choice for any marketing professional including me to generate leads or run a survey. You can also replace your traditional Contact Form with Typeform to let users enjoy while interacting with your lead form. The logic jump is another good feature to develop dynamic surveys which also allows filtering users in the first instant.
ConsPrice is little heavy for small companies like us. We also noticed quite good amount of bounce rate as few users are still not acquited with kind of interface for submitting surveys which brings that fear of element of losing few potential users.
January 17, 2018
Diego C.
Technical Director
Market Research, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2019

“A reference point in history of survey platforms”

OverallPersonally I always refer to Typeform when talking about survey platform UI/UX/style, it's probably the best thing happened to this market since forever.
ProsBefore Typeform all survey platforms were ugly, after people suddenly realized that a survey can be also something nice to look at and interact with, and not only a old-fashioned boring form full of questions.
ConsNothing major actually here, but since the role of Typeform has been so important in this industry, eventually they may want to contribute back to open source with something that has their unique touch.
nchewi e.
Content Creator
July 31, 2019

“Great for surveys and getting audience feedback”

OverallIt is great to be able to collate data from a target audience. Typeform makes this easy for me to do.
ProsI use Typeform to carry out online surveys, and also to get feedback from blog readers. What I really like about Typeform is its interactive and conversational interface. Its drag and drop editor makes it very easy to set up and customize. And interestingly too, it has a real-time analytic dashboard that allows one see how a given survey is performing.
ConsNone that I can think of. I don't even get to use most of its already existing functionalities.
Frank R.
Co-Founder, CTO and Product Lead
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
February 9, 2019

“Typeform changed the paradigm for online forms with their engaging form design.”

OverallOverall, Typeform is the product of modern design and development. They immediately stand out from the crowd, especially when compared with more staid competitors like JotForm or even Wufoo. Their forms are engaging and for more custom requirements, provide a modern API that makes it easy to integrate into any development environment. I can't recommend them enough.
ProsUnique design is a key differentiator for Typeform. Its webforms and their design have become staples in many sites across the web. They provide a highly engaging dynamic that still leaves for a lot of customization and design choices. Furthermore, they're easy to set up and reporting is robust.
ConsThere isn't much to snipe about in regards to Typeform.
February 9, 2019
Bonnie M.
Technical Writer - Independent Contractor
February 25, 2019

“Create Professional-Looking Surveys ”

OverallI am glad I put in the time to figure out some of the features, there is so much you can do.
ProsThis software is very feature-rich, and the amount of time you spend figuring out how all of those features work is in proportion to what you get out of it. There are so many things you can do - link videos from YouTube or Vimeo, add a background image with variable opacity, use hidden fields to personalize surveys, generate reports, etc. I am still trying to figure out how to integrate with Zapier, Excel, and others. The customer service is light-speed, with great follow-up. Even the icons on their website look nice.
ConsThere was a little bit of a learning curve, and at one point, there were 3 of us crowded around a computer for 45 minutes trying to get one thing done. It is true that users don't need any programming experience, but the hidden fields feature was a bit confusing. Once you figure it out, however, you can use it to customize your surveys without having to enter each recipient's name manually. I would like to see videos be able to be embedded without going through YouTube, and they said they are working on it.
February 25, 2019
Vijay D.
Recruiter
51-200 employees
March 21, 2018

“Customizable and easy platforms”

ProsIt is Elegant, has a clean design and interface, especially on the taking aspect with good customization options.
ConsQualitative analysis is not present. Would love to see word clouds or some other equal treatment in and the logic can take a bit to master the first time.
March 21, 2018
Santosh K.
Recruiter
51-200 employees
March 15, 2018

“Great for data comparisons”

ProsTypeform allows you to collect information in a survey format and displays all collected data in a spreadsheet-style page for comparing and analyzing data.
ConsThere is no way to view a single user's data entry as a one page form or document, it always goes into a spreadsheet.
March 15, 2018
Management Consulting, Unspecified
February 8, 2018

“Really happy with overall UX”

ProsLike the ways information is displayed to our end users. Really like the new direct integration with Google Sheets.
ConsI really, really wish I could embed an entire form view on a webpage. It's a major downside to this product for my team, and our use cases. I've had to deploy other form builders on our website, and would much prefer a Typeform. (Yes, I realize I can embed Typeforms, but want users to see ALL questions on the form at once, not dripped out one at a time.)
February 8, 2018
Adrian D.
October 27, 2014

“Disappointed; significant number of results lost”

OverallTypeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey. I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future" So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".
ProsBeautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.
ConsDoesn't save partial responses. Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

By Typeform on October 27, 2014
Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers either. To improve your completion rate, apart from applying a design or making colors and images fit your brand's, make sure to use picture choice and multiple choice whenever possible. Also use Long Text fields only when absolutely necessary and try to keep your survey as short as possible. The average completion rate our users are getting is 55% (which is considered high in the online survey industry) and we've seen some typeforms which follow these guidelines get completion rates as high as 80%. It's unfortunate you only realized we don't save non-submitted answers after publishing your survey, and I'm truly sorry about that. If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate getting back to me. Pedro
October 27, 2014
Design, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“Great Program - Cost to Use Could Be Less.”

ProsThe seamless design and look of the forms are amazing. Beautifully designed. Also the Image selection option it provides is a unique feature that is nice to have. You get 10 free entries which is also great if you are on a budget and need a simple form.
ConsWhen upgrading to a paid software, the cost is a little steep compared to competitors. While there are many unique features Typeform provides, I don't think it justifies the cost.
Jess J.
Copy Freelancer
Sports, 11-50 employees
November 30, 2018

“Super fluid and engaging in capturing responses from your audience”

ProsTypeform is super fluid. You hit return and you add a new question, you have live, instantaneous preview side by side to the creation of the survey - it's genius. It's this fluidity of the process of creating a survey or quiz that Typeform's strength lies; this and the fact that you can embed the survey on a web page or in an email, and integrated with 3rd party apps for a multitude of enhancements such as capturing leads from surveys, or sending typeform responses straight to Trello to be followed-up.
ConsRather a suggestion when it comes to inserting images: I can't relocate the images to move them about the screen into the desired position. Ideally I'd like the image to form the background of the question and answers, and not just as a picture underneath the text.
November 30, 2018
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2018

“Great free tool for doing surveys”

OverallUse Typeform for the first surveys you make. This tool is even compatible with some of the firewalls and standards from the financial industry which Google's equivalent for instance is not.
ProsTypeform has a great free version to make surveys. It is intuitive and you can quickly setup surveys and also change the order afterwards. Great UX.
ConsNot much negative to say. Some of the paid features would be good to have in the free version, but I think the free version works so well, and I seldomly need the paid features.
September 7, 2018