Picatic Ratings

Overall

About Picatic

Picatic is the internet's most customer-friendly, simple & affordable conference registration solution. Our full-featured platform enables conferences of any size to create a stunning event website, add ticket sales to an existing site, and manage everything in one place. Trusted by thousand of organizers around the world, Picatic is rated #1 in customer satisfaction. Learn more about Picatic

Phil O.
Team Lead, Student Recruitment and Prospective Student Centre
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
May 11, 2018

“Well-rounded event management tool for non-profits, small, and medium businesses”

OverallThis software provides a single tool for our department of four to create, administer, and market events to our clients and prospective market.
ProsI've used Picatic across a two post-secondary institutions and with multiple non-profit groups. Picatic provides flexible and easy-to-use tools to handle registrations, check-ins, payments, and communication for your event. The crux of the system is in the ability to quickly create an attractive and responsive basic event registration in very little time. The ability to collect robust, custom information from clients is very helpful. Recently-added capacities to work in teams/groups and to manage events with multiple dates are very welcome. Support staff are quick and helpful.
ConsSome of what makes the software the simplest/friendliest also causes some restrictions - i.e. the survey tool is limited in its configuration options meaning you cannot structure/validate the data, or the multiple parties cannot register together (parent with child, spouse with spouse).
Amanda G.
Director, Brand Design
Automotive, 11-50 employees
March 24, 2016

“Easy to use ticketing product with a very reasonable price tag”

OverallOur company needed registration for two different types of events, a race/rally and a tour. Being completely new to the event space, we didn't realize how useful the management tools would be. The attendee lists, analytics, and email tools were crucial. In addition, Picatic's interface is really user-friendly. Our team had varying degrees of computer skill, and no one had a problem navigating the management tools. We required support to issue a complicated refund, their support team was prompt and friendly when dealing with our team and customer. Overall we've had a great experience with Picatic's product and team.
ProsAs mentioned, the management tools were a huge asset to our event. Now that we've used them we'd have a hard time living without downloadable entrance lists, attendee surveys, Google analytics, and Mailchimp integration. Picatic's interface is also really nice, it was user-friendly and intuitive.
ConsThere are a few features missing. (I understand that start-ups need to start somewhere and build up) We would love the ability to add time zones and close an even early. We would love to take advantage of their API for future events - a more seamless check-out that looks like part of our website will be really beneficial.
March 24, 2016
Mike D.

“Simple And effective”

ProsSuper easy to use and doesn't have any glitches. It is super quick and easy to set up events update them and pull up reports at a glance
ConsWish that I could do T-shirt sizes and add-on items on the app when checking people in. Its a huge deal for a large event
Jennifer S.
May 11, 2018

“Outstanding platform that handles my events like I have a team working with me!”

ProsI love that it is so easy to use. The structure is intuitive and it is easy for my clients to use as well. There are lots of features that allow me to host my event the way I want to - I can set it and forget it! Love the updates that come to my inbox and the ease of refunds and the customer support is AMAZING!
ConsI love it all. There is nothing that I do not like about this software platform. I would love one spot to download reports in easy PDF format for my accountant :)
Jennifer D.
Owner & Lead Coordinator
May 17, 2018

“As an event planner, I am looking for ease of use for myself and my clients - Picatic does it all!”

Pros- Ease of use for setting up events - Donation options for fundraisers - Quick and easy to set up your account initially - Reports available to event organizers - Being able to mass email attendees - Comp tickets easily setup and distributed - The Picatic app for checking in patrons - Quick and friendly customer support - Up to date on trends and technology - Choice to pay or pass on the ticketing fee
ConsI have yet to find a Con with Picatic. I have been pleased with my experience on the multiple events that I have setup.
May 17, 2018
Michelle B.
branch executive member
May 14, 2018

“The Picatic interface is very easy to use and we have always had great customer service.”

ProsI love how easy it is to manage our events through the website. We can gather all the information we need through the surveys and the Picatic collects everything into useful reports that we can download and save. This cuts down on the need to go back and forth by email with registrants.
ConsIn the past we have had some trouble with cutoff times between early-bird and regular ticket sales, but the Picatic team was very responsive and have made changes to address this. We found this aspect easier to navigate with recent events.
Gabriella B.
April 5, 2016

“Picatic is Great!”

OverallI have used Picatic for 2 events now (one Halloween Fundraising Event and one to ticket an Independent Film screening), and I absolutely love the service. The main appeal for me is its user friendly interface and customizable nature. For both events, I have been able to set up very aesthetically pleasing pages with custom graphics, posters and videos. I also very much appreciate that all customer information is collected and a guest list is complied for you.
Pros-There is always support available if you run into troubles. I personally have rarely needed to use the customer support because the set up process is very easy to follow. - Donation feature and customer survey features are great additions to the regular ticketing app. - Visual customization easily done.
Cons- When loading a video onto your page, I noticed that it can only appear at the top of the page. It would be cool to be able to imbed this anywhere on the page, just like you can imbed photos.
April 5, 2016
May 11, 2018

“A classic site for ticketing.”

OverallThe features are ample for a good ticketing site, and the customer service is really good.
ProsIt is easy to use this system. It is great it has different features available. A big pro is that Picatic is always innovating new features for a better customer experience.
ConsThe price has increased significantly over the past few years. This has been a challenge for our nonprofit organization that does not make as much money as a hospital foundation or foodbank so it is posing a challenge that could eventually direct us elsewhere.
Tracey C.
admin support
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
May 15, 2018

“Was able to upload information quickly. ”

ProsTakes credit card payments and easy to edit. Can pay for multiple "tickets" at one time. For the most part was user-friendly for the attendees when registering, although a few did have difficulties with payment.
ConsNot as user-friendly as I hoped. Had to contact CS frequently because the process to make things active was not super self-explanatory. Event attendees did get confused as to if they had to bring their "tickets" to the event.
Jane Ellen F.
June 29, 2015

“Great Canadian Product for Events”

OverallIt is awesome that a Canadian company has come up with a way to give events a free service. Setting up tickets & the ticket website was very easy. One does not need to know any coding language making this a very appealing system to volunteer/charitable groups. If you are in need of a simple system, this is an event ticket system for you. I would highly recommend it to volunteer/charitable groups running an event that need a simple registration system with a ticket output. I personally look forward to the system evolving. Currently the additional fields answers download in a separate report known as "Guest Surveys", thus having to merge the entrance list and guest survey list together for a complete report - if you are not good at excel, this would be a hindrance. As well, you can't run multiple events, with different bank accounts, under one Picatic account. As an event planner who has multiple clients, with multiple events, this means running multiple accounts and is inconvenient. All in all, it is a great system that just needs some time to evolve. I love getting my weekly sales reports in my inbox - I don't have to go into the system to see how the tickets are selling. Thank you Picatic - I can't wait to see what you do next!
June 29, 2015
Nashelley K.
Senior Manager
May 11, 2018

“Easy to use platform, visually pleasing, more functionality than other ticketing sites ”

ProsEasy to use, easy to integrate onto website; good flexibility in design; customer service team is quick to help
ConsSome limitations in the functionality, but Picatic may already be working to remedy these - front of mind is that with promo codes, we can't limit the number of tickets that can be purchased with that code, we can only limit the number of tickets that can be purchased per ticket type... would like more flexibility with codes and ticket types. I'd also like to be able to view full lists, which promo code was applied, and reorder the lists online rather than having to download each time.
Dave M.
Consultant
May 11, 2018

“I've used a variety of ticketing systems this is the most flexible while being easy to use.”

OverallI've sold a lot of tickets to events through this system. It is my go-to ticketing system these days.
ProsI run a series of festivals and always need different ticket pricing tiers and discounts. This system makes that really easy to do.
ConsCould be some better exporting of sales for accounting. The door reports are great, but I'd like to export out a summary of sales for reporting to stakeholders and export transactions to an accounting system.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
January 9, 2019

“Great design and functionality for event management”

ProsI loved the easy interface and access to important information about the event and attendees. It took a few minutes to set up the event and start selling tickets. The layout looked great as well! Being able to link between our site and the event page was also very useful.
ConsWe had a few issues with attendees unable to process payment for tickets, that may have been on the bank's side but still made selling tickets a bit more complicated. Support replied to requests in a timely fashion to help us deal with any issues though.
January 9, 2019
Bonnie F.
Chief Investment Innovator
June 2, 2018

“Reliable platform for hosting events - looks great and gaining traction.”

OverallEasy to use for free and paid events, easy to manage RSVP list.
ProsEasy to use and looks great. Great user interface for both event creators and for event attendees. Happy to use a made-in-Canada solution for my local events.
ConsDoesn't have the same level of adoption in US and UK (where I have hosted events before). My audience/attendees in those geographies are still more familiar with registering for events via Eventbrite.
June 2, 2018
Rosemary C.
Director Faculty of Dentistry
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
May 22, 2018

“Always dependable and easy to set up.”

OverallEase of use and ability to track events and budget.
ProsThe ability to track attendance and payments and to download lists for use at events. Ability to create and upload our invitations
ConsHard to understand what was collected and then paid to us -v-s what comes from stripe. Would like to see the difference between what was stated to be the final amount to pay out and what goes to stripe to pay out.
Sara P.
Director of Online Operations & Media
Education Management, 1-10 employees
May 13, 2018

“I've enjoyed some of the feature as the ticket designer, but our customers have had many issues.”

OverallUsing this product helped me learn what features I truly need and am looking for in a ticketing service so that I could make an informed decision on the next company we choose.
ProsI like the sleek, professional look of Picatic. I like that it easily integrates with our website. I've had helpful customer service.
ConsI don't like that it makes me create the same survey every time I make a new ticket. I don't like that to pay with an invoice customers have to click "OFFLINE", which is very confusing and often unclear that this option will allow them to do an invoice. I don't like that I can't customize the email or the invoice that goes out to customers after they've bought a ticket. I don't like how much time I've spent manually putting in customer information because so many of them have had trouble using this product. :(
Sabrina B.
Founder | Consultant
Human Resources, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“Easy to Get Up and Running Quickly”

ProsPicatic is very user-friendly and easy to set up quickly. Its fees are less than similar sites. The customer service is very responsive and they have a great help section for when you get stuck.
ConsThe only issue I have had is with the map feature pulling the wrong address even if the address is entered correctly. This has caused some confusion with event attendees but nothing major.
Sam L.
Design, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2018

“A good ticket system that will be excellent with time”

OverallGo implementation for WordPress and one off events.
ProsIntegration into other website is good. Prefer the look and feel a lot more than Eventbrite. Also, it feels a lot more white label in its design.
ConsLack of customisation is very limiting. Colours, labels, buttons, etc. They really have room to improve in customisaton. Also, I find it very annoying that they don't have support 24/7/365
B W.
April 10, 2015

“Utilizing Picatic as a non-event service”

OverallRobbie has been great in working with me to use the service for our business card ordering model. Overall it is great. Sometimes it gets confusing when you update things and without knowing, I have to figure out how to find the things I am looking for. Entrance list for example keeps getting re-organized so I have to search around to figure out where it is located etc. Would like to see a way to remove an event date so I don't have to show an event date, but realize how I am using it is not how you designed it. Always want to use the same url after I close the event, so I cannot do that myself. I always have to get Robbie to make it work. It would be great that once it is archived, I can re-use the same url as we use a weblink to send our orders for payment. We do not want to keep reconfiguring the url to Picatic. Being a University department, we are being advised that we have to eventually use approved PCI DSS compliant services, so I hope Picatic will be able to verify this compliance or we will eventually not be allowed to use Picatic. Robbie is aware of the emails I have sent him back in Nov 2014
April 10, 2015
Barrie T.
Marketing Coordinator
May 14, 2018

“Easy to use ticket management software!”

ProsI love the easy to use features and the ability to customize each event to our branding. Customer Service response time is fast with excellent follow-up from our representative. Our issues were handled with high priority and quickly resolved.
ConsI would love to have more editing capabilities and more diverse survey options. It would be beneficial to be able to assign more than one survey to a category. Right now, only one survey can be assigned to a group.
Chelsea P.
General Manager
May 11, 2018

“I've used Picatic for Innovation Island's event registration platform for years. ”

ProsI mostly like how user-friendly this software is. It is so simple to build a registration page for events. I also like the mobile app for registrations.
ConsHard to say...I think mobile capability could be improved. I remember not being able to add walk-in registrants to the mobile platform the last time I used the app for an event.
Danielle M.
May 11, 2018

“I absolutely love picatic. I've been using them for a few years and have absolutely no issues. ”

ProsTheir customer support is amazing. They are quick to respond and the software is easy to use for both the creator and purchaser. Thank you!
ConsThere are no cons. It's very informative and easy to use. The system is very clear and concise. The money gets transferred on time and I cannot say enough good things about the customer support.
Lynda T.
Director, Lecturer and Business Owner
May 11, 2018

“An excellent product for simple events.”

ProsVery easy to use and set-up. Visually attractive and delegates found it easy to navigate to make bookings
ConsNo option to provide partial refunds through Picatic in the case of a cancellation fee being deducted. A place is not reserved until the purchase is complete. This caused us problems with a fast-selling event in that delegates had the ticket but by the time they completed checkout, the ticket had gone to someone else who could type faster.
Jan S.
Executive Director
May 16, 2018

“Excellent customer service, and site is generally easy to use.”

ProsCan be free to me, and is reasonably easy to use. It gives folks an easy online sign up option for events, whether free of for an entrance fee.
ConsSome of our attendees have had trouble with the credit card process for some reason. although they were quite open to feedback about the potential problem on the site.
May 16, 2018
Internet, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2018

“Great service that I have used for 3+ events”

ProsThe interface is really user-friendly and makes throwing an event really simple. We can literally get an event up and running within 30 minutes
ConsWe have had a few small tech issues with the service, but luckily the customer support has been really helpful in fixing any issues.
Titus F.
Founding Partner

“Great platform”

ProsThe ability to add surveys to ticket types so that we can create the right attendee experience. We have used these surveys to provide the right type of swag bag for our conferences.
ConsThe functionality of the Android app could be improved so that its a more useful tool for my volunteers checking people in at the door
Jeff G.
May 11, 2018

“Easy to use, great UX and good price”

ProsI like that the platform gives you a landing page to basically direct all traffic to, versus having to "house it" on my existing site.
ConsI haven't found any significant dislikes with the software after a few years of using it, it has consistently met my expectations.
Adam S.
Management
July 18, 2018

“We are satisfied with the service that is provided to us via picatic ”

ProsWe like the ease of use, and the interface is great feature. Stripe payments us a nice feature as well.
ConsThe lack of a sold out function, if we could have sold out header come up on the site after the tickets are sold out.
July 18, 2018
Maru A.
May 22, 2018

“Very easy to ser up, people recognize the brand and buy tickets and made donations easily”

ProsOnce you set up your event , the advertising is very easy because the target can see where to get the tickets .
ConsSo far we didn't find any problem with the software, we have been using this software for 6 years and never have a problem.
Kevin W.
Co-Executive Director
May 11, 2018

“Easy event and ticketing platform.”

ProsPicatic is extremely simple to use, thr payment is quick and directly deposited, and lots of stats are tracked .
ConsThis may not be entirely correct, but in the past, once an event is started, changes can't be made. Luckily support is quick to help.
Joan S.
January 7, 2016

“Picatic has given me the ability to have my attendees register right from our website. ”

OverallThe leaning curve was a little difficult when I first started but now I feel comfortable. I just started using the Pro features and so far I like them. The one thing I discussed with Robbie was the issue of offering Early Purchase discounts and his suggestion was to create multiple pages so that when the deadline for one was over the new one would be in effect. Other than that I really have not had problems with your products. I have noticed that you now have a setup to offer clients your own processing of credit cards. One of the reasons I choose Strip was the instant payments into my account. My small business does not have sufficient cash flow to pay vendors upfront, if I have to wait for the money until after the event is over. I feel this may be an issue with small companies like my self. I teach continuing education classes and adding classes to your list of options for what the event is doing would be a nice little addition.
January 7, 2016
June 1, 2018

“Great for event management and centralizes multiple aspects of event in one place”

Pros- Amazing for ticket management because I can monitor promo code use, entrance lists and create attendee reports - Creates a shareable link which makes it easy to send to potential attendees - Very user friendly and easy to navigate -
Cons- I don't like that I feel i need to charge more for tickets - Would like to have more than one administrator for events instead of having to share a log in - I wish they had a searchable database - I wish there was a 'email all attendees' option
June 1, 2018
Jessica G.
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
May 11, 2018

“We really like picatic, it is user friendly and customer friendly”

Prosthe design is beautiful and has a professional look. It is easy to set up and has all the features we need.
Conssometimes the QR codes are difficult to pull up on an android device; however this has not been a huge issue
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
May 11, 2018

“Use picatic heavily for regular classes I run.”

OverallIt's time savings. It's well laid out, and just functions properly. I want to be able to quickly create an event, and sell tickets. Picatic allows me to do this in minutes and I can focus my time and effort on advertising and getting sales instead of just setting up a page.
ProsSaves me time. It is easy to duplicate past events, maintain all the settings and create a new event. Easy to pull reports to create a mailing list and the payment integration is flawless.
Consdue to me always duplicating past events to save time, the current config of the multi-day event is somewhat cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to multi-select and delete dates in this setting. A small annoyance for an otherwise great platform.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
May 13, 2018

“Relatively smooth and seamless. ”

OverallSimplicity and ease of use.
ProsThe aesthetics for ticket buyers and mobile integration is well done. The overall design is intuitive and simple to use.
Conspercentage lost from ticket sakes. Also, there are some options that are too many clicks away and take away from the simplicity from the rest of the user experience.
Hans S.
Executive Coach
May 12, 2018

“All I needed”

ProsThe design of the event page looks very neat and stylish. No need to create my own events landing page. It's very quick it easy to create a good events landing page.
ConsThe user interface is a bit fiddly and I would like to see more option to make the events page bespoke, by moving features around on the events page.
May 12, 2018
Santiago O.
Operations & Partner Relations Lead, Account Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2018

“Has been great so far!”

ProsWe use Picatic for our quarterly panel talks. I like the platform for its ease of use, ability to customize, integrations, and the fact that I can send out emails to invitees directly from the platform.
ConsThe discovery feature is not the best. It's hard for people to find our event directly from the platform.
Warren M.
Direct Marketing Associate
May 11, 2018

“Picatic is easy to use and costs are lower for non profit organizations, which is a huge plus.”

OverallEasy and friendly to use.
ProsThe software is very easy to use and there are some fail safes in place in the event you make an error. I like the simple step by step process that you get walked through when you create an event. The analytics after an event goes live is also very valuable as it gives insight to the success of the event and how to improve it.
ConsYou cannot re-open a closed event. Even if the event was closed in error, you have to get Picatic's admins to re-open it.
Higher Education, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“I enjoyed the sleek layout, easy interface, and great customer support. ”

ProsI liked their visually appealing layout, easy-to-use interface, great customer support, and the check-in system.
ConsIntegration with Facebook wasn't available at the time. Hope it is now. The biggest reason i would choose Picatic over Eventbrite is the sleek layout. I wish there could be more options availble to adjust the page layout.
Karen F.
Minister
February 2, 2016

“Very good”

OverallGreat product. For the most part, easy to learn and use. Customer service is excellent. A couple of pointers would have made for a better experience first time through: - before I can click on "live" let me know what i *can't* change once its live i.e. web address - more clarity about pricing ... i felt that i had to do some searching to figure out what my ticket price would be, and whether I needed pro or not, and what I would need to purchase (in addition to picatic) to be able to charge for events. One very minor bugs: - in the event information panel, when I click on country, and then move my cursor to the next line, the country changes. This has happened with each of the four events I've made. I've discovered the workaround is to fill in the city first, then the country then the province i.e. not the order you've got them on the page. -
February 2, 2016
Joseph G.
Owner / CEO
January 11, 2016

“I had a great experience”

OverallI liked my experience with Picatic... Unfortunately I did not advertise my page well because I had to use my website page because it has the price in Canadian and US $ at the same time. Now I am not sure if I can do both $CA and $US at the same time with Picatic. Also I use Infusionsoft online for my mailing list, JVs and everything else and I like the people who sign up to my workshop to go to my Infusionsoft and I can do that using Paypal even though I am looking for an alternative for Paypal and can work with Infusionsoft. I have been with Paypal since 2002 and one things that might take away from them is that I can't transfer my $US sales in US$ to Canada so I need to exchange first to $CA... I have now the Couples Vision Board coming out for next month and I will post it with Picatic and see... In light! Joseph Ghabi
January 11, 2016
Jarred C.
Interior Designer
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2018

“Everything has been good with the software, easy to set up and manage.”

OverallTransparency and ease of use.
ProsIt has been easy to set up our event and manage the sales. There has been no lag or issues between people submitting inquiries online and our ability to communicate with them.
ConsI know that this would be in the preferences, but the daily sales reports have come in a couple of times as two reports for the day. I could probably shut them off, just slightly a hassle to clear them from my inbox.
Sean B.
Director, IFP Design Group
May 11, 2018

“just fine, but not overly advanced”

ProsIt's simple to set up and use, even for the novice. I don't have 65 other characters to put into this space. Sorry.
ConsLimited functionality, but works well and serves the purpose for a novice. I don't have 25 other characters to put into this space. Sorry.
Janice D.

“Always flawless”

ProsThe results/look of the event page looks amazing! I like how you can make the web page address customizable.
ConsThe spacing challenges when putting in content on the page. I do not have anything else to state. I can image that Picatic has so much potential so I look forward to what lies ahead.
May 11, 2018

“Great! Makes events easy!”

OverallMaking our meetup events and registration way easier to use
ProsWe can check people in as they arrive to the events and track how many people are coming for fire code. Also helps to promote events to other audiences.
ConsNothing! I like it a lot better than other apps I have used. It's user-friendly and great to use.
Ratchadej W.
It Officer

“Great ”

ProsThe best part of Picatic is that you are able to do almost everything. Scan in the phone and add the date of what your costumer would like to attend. And there is much more
ConsThe payment method is not covered all the countries. But well most of them are covered. That's good enough.
zareen r.
Marketing Coordinator
May 10, 2018

“Good software, good layout”

Pros Professional nicely made page, easy payment option, quick update of changes . Tickets arrive nicely in email.
ConsNo human interaction/chat bot of no use due to time difference, Change of dates of event not easy to make. Not much customization.
May 10, 2018
Christopher T.
Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
April 11, 2019

“Helpful for tracking events”

OverallGood and useful.
ProsPicatic is good--it'll allow you to track events, what you've signed up for, and it has an ability to add the invitation or RSVP onto your Wallet on your phone. It's easy to keep the events organized with Picatic, especially when someone has multiple events to get to each week. Their RSVP form is very easy to fill out. Takes just a minute.
ConsThe main problem I would see with Picatic is that their "add" to the Wallet in your phone doesn't have much information. It just has the basic details, rather than adding the event organizer or anything else.
April 11, 2019
Jenn M.
Owner and Head Artist
May 11, 2018

“Simple, beautiful event ticketing platform”

ProsI love the professional look I can give my events, all the way down to purchasing your tickets. It makes me feel more credible.
ConsI wish it integrated with square payments, because stripe takes a week to be deposited into my account. Square is only a day or two.
Marie Helene S.
Business Transition Specialist
Management Consulting, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“I enjoy usng Picatic, would recommend to to anyone, love the Picatic is a Canadian company!”

OverallEvents that I have posted have been well received and attended.
ProsEasy to use and support is there when you need it. Easy to edit and adjust event info as necessary.
Conssome additional features would be helpful in terms of sharing the event on to other social media platforms.