WorkCompass Ratings

Overall
3.9/5
4.4/5

About WorkCompass

WorkCompass's award winning performance management software helps organizations move towards a continuous performance management system. Our solution includes goal management, performance reviews, real-time feedback, surveys and performance coaching guides in an easy to use interface that HR and employees love. Learn more about WorkCompass

Sajid A.
Human Resources Manager, Global HR Servcies
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
March 29, 2017

“WorkCompass - A great online performance management solution for small, medium and big organizations”

OverallThis is our first year with WorkCompass and we are really satisfied with the product and more importantly the customer support from day 1. The system is quite easy to use for employees and administrators. We decided to move to an online performance management system to meet the growing needs of automating our systems within a multi-location organization. We surveyed the market and shortlisted three providers of which WorkCompass was the most simple system, very reasonably priced and more importantly their personalized customer service was and to-date has been exceptional. Before we went live, WorkCompass provided training to all our employees in different time zones. Some key features of the system are: - integration with our HR management system which allows easy migration of data and a daily sync between both system keeps the data updated - providing different levels of assigning admin rights - 24/7 online support to users - notifications for every step of the process are sent to employees - reporting function is great to see trends, completion rates, calibration etc. So far we are very satisfied with the system and the service. based on our experience, we highly recommended WorkCompass for small, medium and big organizations and companies.
Pros- Value for money - User friendly - Process is simple - Notifications are sent for each stage of the process to users - Uses low bandwith - Connects to our HRMS through an API - Excellent customer service and 24/7 online support to users
ConsOff the shelf systems have its limitations in terms of customization. But WorkCompass has helped forced us simplify our internal process.
Recommendations to other buyersIt has been a great experience with WorkCompass. Their features, proposal and costing suited our needs.

By WorkCompass on March 29, 2017
Thanks Sajid
March 29, 2017
Clare P.
Sustainable Travel Manager

“Automated and easy!”

ProsThe best part of WorkCompass is the way that it automates alerts in relation to the milestones that you set. It has an easy to use interface and is very reliable. Once you have mastered the basics it is very intuitive.
ConsI cannot really think of anything as it is far superior to the system that it replaced. Possible it could be even more visual and possibly some more graphs so managers can see at a glance the status of their team members.
Colin Y.
IT Service Operations Manager
May 22, 2017

“Overall a good product that gives employees the ability to manage their own shifts.”

ProsThe ease of use and access from anywhere, that i don't need to assign a team member to manage employees time off or shift swaps.
ConsI dislike that an employee cannot see their rota for 12 months, they have to go in and view each month.
Deirdre O.
Head of Human Resources
May 16, 2017

“ Some teething problems but system in use now. Need to ensure no big input of data next year. ”

ProsPersonally, I like the ease of the administrative functions. It is easy to add a new person for instance. I also like the data that it can generate - i.e. the analytics are useful for reporting and KPI purposes. Mostly easy to use - we have had to adapt the way we use the system to our structure of performance management - managers and employees seem to have had relatively few usage issues. However, there was a big time commitment with data input initially - due to our performance management/KPI structure, which was well advanced before adopting WorkCompass as the new software.
ConsThe time commitment required from managers to enter data at the start - our goals are cascaded down from company strategic goals to department to team to individual, therefore they are specific and defined. We are hoping not to have that time commitment again at the start of the next FY in November, so need to plan a strategy for that. A lot of our company strategic goals remain the same year on year - with updated targets and KPIs which then filter down to departments and individuals. Employees do not set their own performance goals - they are agreed with their manager based on the company strategic goals and their role. WorkCompass is not as suited to an environment like ours where our performance management model is established and structured as it is to an environment introducing performance management or performance management software for the first time. Therefore we have had to somewhat force the system to adapt to our needs and it took some time to figure this out.
Anthony B.
OD Systems & Management Information Partner
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
May 10, 2017

“Amazing! Client support has to be one of the best I've dealt with.”

OverallLive data, greater analytics and seems less transition from an excel document to an online solution.
ProsIt is extremely easy to use and has transformed our PDP process. Moving from an internally built system to WorkCompass was seamless and well received by staff. Having the ease to access the system anywhere has enable us to review 'live' performance information.
Irene W.
Senior Director, Human Resources
May 11, 2017

“WorkCompass has been a pleasure to work with. The staff is very responsive and flexible.”

OverallWe were able to move away from paper reviews to an automated performance review system that was individualized and customized.
ProsWorkCompass is a very intuitive, easily customized program and it is very good value for the cost. The program allows you to individualize performance evaluations to provide for a more meaningful process. The goal setting is a valuable feature and if used correctly, it can increase productivity and ensure your employees keep their focus where necessary.
ConsIt does take some getting used to for the committing of a plan and going through the actual review. Also, if an employee is supervised by two individuals, the system is not set up to allow two evaluations.
Treasa M.
HR Manager
Medical Devices, 201-500 employees
May 10, 2017

“Staff have been very informative, obliging and of great assistance to us introducing a PM system”

OverallPuts more structure in place, encourages conversations and engagement between management and their teams. It generates performance data allowing managers to make informed decisions on staff. Staff have engaged with it because it's easy to use
ProsEliminates paperwork, encourages interaction between management and staff, puts a structure in place which is visible at all times. Compared to other systems I found the price competitive and the software much easier to view and use. The WorkCompass staff have been very supportive regarding any queries or issues raised before and after implementation and are quick to respond. The milestone and email reminders are very useful to ensure objectives are met, as are the conversation guides that are emailed to managers as it equips them with the info they need regarding how to structure meetings and approach tricky situations.
ConsWould like if there was an instruction manual to provide to staff rather than just video training to use as a point of reference.
Sean O.
Software Dev
May 9, 2017

“Great runs smooth can't complain at all ”

OverallGreat for tracking movement in the office
ProsI can track who is our of the office which is great. It also let's me book my time off very easy and shows how many days I have left
ConsNo cons really maybe could colour code reason why they are out if the office just so I know if sick or in training.
Paula F.
Trading Services Manager
Retail, 501-1000 employees
May 18, 2017

“I use the workcompass site for Performance reviews both for myself and my team. ”

OverallOnline systems are always a better way to store data.
ProsI like the fact that all my old performances are kept in one place and I can reference them when I wish and how easy it is to look after my direct reports. With our old way of working it was very easy for the forms to go missing as they were only kept hard copy in the business.
ola o.
Software Tester
May 10, 2017

“My experience using the software is very positive. I find it easy to use.”

OverallI am able to see my records from period of employment till present. I am able to view my achievements and recommendations from supervisors or line managers.
ProsEase of use, reminders to enter details before deadlines. Achive of past records and growth within organisation with displays of recognized skillset and room for improvement.
ConsEditing is not easy. I find the suggestions limiting and would prefer a wider choice of qualities an employee would like to develops. Skills to develop could be suggested as well.
Graham C.
May 11, 2017

“Simple & quick tool for someone who does not have a lot of time to dedicate to performance mgmt.”

ProsImplementation was fast and was helped by great customer support. Denis and the team really did go above and beyond my expectations. Feedback from our employees has been great, we used to do this on paper so it has sped up the process for everyone. Great reporting capabilities as well. Being able to map our employee's performance and potential has been a really useful feature for us.
ConsSome parts of the system can't be customised but it has plenty of flexibility to allow us to do what we need to do.
Lisa B.
HR Lead
May 10, 2017

“Good but could do with improvements”

OverallIt's helped us to steamline our process and the email reminders are great for managers to ensure they get their reviews done on time.
ProsThe support function is really strong and questions are answered really quickly. It's simple enough to use and the email alerts are very useful
ConsTo edit a committed plan you need to change the dates to be able to save it again it won't allow a date in the past. There is no history to see what changes have been made. The option to add to the library isn't restricted and therefore the same things get added repeatedly.
Donal M.
Sales Manager
May 12, 2017

“Great. Process is working really well now. Simple and easy to use.”

OverallHave recommended to several peers. For me, the simplest thing is the conversations that are being facilitated in both directions (from team to manager and vice versa). It's one of those "I wish we had known about this years ago" things that embeds into the organisation.
ProsVery easy to use, so uptake is fast. Excellent Support. People now see value in the performance process - More conversations and note taking - Simple data reports to help make decisions. Very happy.
ConsNo cons really: I am looking forward to the new reporting functionality and changes that are coming down the line.
Patrick H.
March 22, 2017

“Performance Reviews made Easy”

OverallWe decided to look for a new service provider because lot of the staff were complaining that the current system and process was too complex. They were spending too much time trying to figure out the form and the system and not enough actually talking to their line manager about performance. As well as that HR had absolutely no data on performance. We looked at 5 systems before decided to go for WorkCompass. We choose them because we thought it would be easy to use and we were right. It was great that we could configure the system to our process. HR now understand things like performance trends and development needs. Managers and their direct reports are having regular conversations about performance now. Before it was twice a year are very best. Staff tell us they really like the system.

By WorkCompass on March 23, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to complete this.
March 22, 2017
Callum M.
Group HR Manager
Textiles, 501-1000 employees
May 22, 2017

“An excellent performance management tool, I would highly recommend WorkCompass.”

OverallA far more professional approach to professional development. Easier to track who has completed reviews.
ProsVery easy to use (no instructions needed!). Allows me to mange performance expectations for the year ahead and beyond. Exceptional customer service, very knowledgeable team, who are always available to help and support.
ConsThe library of Goals and Competencies could have been better, however we created our own bespoke ones.
Nic R.
Software Engineer

“Very unintuitive”

OverallIt reminds me when quarterly reviews are?
ProsPerformance score and graphs against company average reassure me of my own performance.
ConsPerhaps this confusion stems from a poorly implemented performance plan by my employer but I'm never really sure what forms I'm supposed to fill out. It doesn't help that, on my first day, I created a plan without realizing my reporting lead was supposed to create it for me and we were unable to delete my own plan to clean up. Now I constantly get notification emails reminding me to mark goals as completed twice. It took me a long time to grok the difference between my plan and my review. People kept telling me to leave my own comments but I couldn't because I never scrolled to the bottom of the plan where the "go to review" button was.
Caroline K.
Global HR Manager
June 6, 2017

“A good online tool that makes performance management easy to manage globally”

ProsI have an overview of my entire organisation, it creates some useful analysis of the data automatically, it allows remote management to use an online system and it is straightforward to use globally.
ConsIt would be useful if there were more options to customise on the page and if the comments were more obvious what section they were linked to
June 6, 2017
Michael H.
Managing Director
May 19, 2017

“WorkCompass has allowed us to run our performance reviews in a fraction of the time that it used to.”

ProsIt helps our managers have more regular performance conversations with their employees. I can see how important goals are progressing and what goals off track. Support from their team has been brilliant.
ConsNot much that`s not to like about Work Compass. There were a few areas of the tool that we could not customise.
David A.
CI Manager
May 19, 2017

“A great improvement on the previous system that was based in word. I am a line manager for 4 people.”

Pros> Internet based > Helpful reminders when a task has to be done > Ability to attach supporting documents
Cons> Value range for rating is locked to be between 1 - 10. Internally our rating is 0-3 so this causes alot of confusion.
Triona M.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2017

“Very positive. Has got my managers talking to their staff on a regular basis which is what I want.”

OverallOur performance management process is working. Our team see more value in the process and I have data to see trends.
ProsEasy to use - encourages conversations and the recording of conversations - a rich flow of data to help me see performance trend so I can really manage individual and team performance. Support is top quality. Looked at other systems and Workcompass was the best.
Louise P.
People and Culture Manager
May 12, 2017

“Work Compass enables us to easily and visably align our business goals with our employee's goals. ”

ProsThe fact that it provides real-time feedback to manage performance. That it is simple to use and gets to the important performance and development discussions quickly and easily. It's saved us considerable time at performance reviews. The Insights function gives us great visibility enabling us to take a proactive and positive approach to performance management. The managers and employees love it!
ConsIt's difficult to fault the software but there are a few tweaks that would make it perfect; Work Compass is aware of these and I believe they are included in the scheduled development anyway.
Denis B.
Reorder Buyer
Supermarkets, 1001-5000 employees
May 15, 2017

“not very user friendly”

ProsI don't find any features of this software particularly user friendly. The only positive feature I can mention is that it prints out better than it looks on screen.
ConsAs I only use this software twice yearly, I have forgotten how to use it by the time I need it again. usually the first of my colleagues to use it ends up showing everyone else how to load and save data.
May 15, 2017
Anthony F.
Scrum Master

“Easy to use ”

OverallPerformance Management tracking and goal/milestone setting.
ProsEasy to use and the layout is generally nice and presented well. The public and private commentary is useful for processing review feedback for managerial maintenance.
ConsIt became necessary to save each update or series of updates periodically as leaving it all to the end sometimes resulted in an error. Also while in edit mode for one adding comments adjacent to goals, the very light grey little arrow to the right is not very visible on LCD screens if the screen is tilted in a certain way. People without strong vision would be stumped.
LUIS L.
Managing director
Retail, 501-1000 employees
May 21, 2017

“We use to do and control the Personal Development, I mean the objectives of my team.”

OverallTo have a tool that focuses the organization on achieving the objectives. The tool reminds me when it is necessary to finish the milestones to perform in line with the year objectives.
ProsIt helps me to follow the targets fixed for the business in the different teams and do it on time. It is possible to see how the team performs achieving the objectives. It is a project plan that reminds me of all the milestones just on time. It makes it easy to be focused on the important issues.
ConsThe interface is not very nice. When we need to do changes it is not very flexible and many times we need to go to the administrator to do changes. The dates has no possibilities to be updated (it is just on time or late)
May 21, 2017
PADDY D.
BDM
May 16, 2017

“THE SYSTEM IS EASY TO USE AND GIVES CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS.”

ProsI LIKE THE WAY I GET REMINDERS THAT I HAVE TO COMPLETE VARIOUS TASKS. GOOD CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS AND IS EASY TO NAVIGATE.
ConsNO ISSUES. I AM NOT VERY COMPUTER SAVY AND I HAVE NO ISSUE USING THIS SYSTEM. IT SEEMS A GOOD SYSTEM.
Naomi F.
May 10, 2017

“We've used WorkCompass for our employees reviews for the last few years, it's been very helpful! ”

ProsThe way it guides me to have effective employee reviews and the customer services was quick and on the spot when I needed it.
ConsToo many reminders, but I think there's a way to fix it, never got around to do that.
Kimberly R.
Living Historian
Entertainment, Self-employed
June 26, 2019

“Only used it once but it does the job”

OverallMy overall experience has been super with this program. I have never had a problem using it and I actually enjoy using WorkCompass when I don't have access to other programs. It NEVER fails to disappoint.
ProsWhat I enjoyed the best about this software is I enjoyed to use it after my aunt introduced me to this program. This is a program that certainly caters to what people need when doing their projects and presentations. When I don't have the use of Adobe, I turn to Workcompass.
ConsNothing!!! Its a super program! I have never been disappointed with this software at all.
June 26, 2019
Boyan M.
Software Engineer
May 9, 2017

“I am very happy from this software, which helping me to develop my career ”

ProsEasy to use, and light interface. It helping me to identify my developmental opportunities and is an important part of a succession planning process.
ConsComments edit should be more expandable when you on focus to some of the blocks. Performance appraisals are very time consuming and can be improved with adding hints or already designed examples.
Tom F.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
May 12, 2017

“Very good. We now have a simple process that works.”

OverallProcess is working and significantly more efficient than before.
ProsConversations are happening! We real-time reports and data for managers and HR data Support is top class - Very happy!
ConsI need to uncommit a plan if I want to add more goals once previous goals are achieved. I believe this is being changed in the coming weeks.
Amy C.
regulatory compliance specialist
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2017

“workcompass is easy to use and very useful for tracking work targets and goals ”

ProsIt is easy to use and user friendly interface. Also, like the reminders and alerts. they are useful for tracing the goals
Consgoals can not be changed once committed. If the goal is not met or missed, it will be displayed on the main page and can not be marked as completed
July 18, 2017
Fede R.
May 16, 2017

“Overall the tool is good. ”

ProsBetter than handling reviews manually. There is some track over each objectives but can be improved.
ConsThe way you add comments on the side of each objective is not good. The size is small, you have to "expand" the text box. I'd improve it by adding comments below each objective.
John D.
Test Engineer
May 9, 2017

“Works fine, it's quick and easy to use. ”

ProsEase of use mainly. It's accessible on the web, the interface is fairly clear. There are no major faults that make it problematic to use.
ConsNo real problems. The menus can be a bit hard to access when the text is magnified more than 100%. (On the employee review screen).
Ammar Q.
Cashiesr
Retail, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Great software for communication”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is that you can create a plan to certain individuals. This can be useful because it allows both parties to engage in discussion and formulate a plan that is suitable fo both.
ConsThe software could have used more features other than creating plans with others.

By WorkCompass on November 22, 2018
Thanks for your review Ammar. Much appreciated. Happy thanks giving!
November 20, 2018
Vince F.
HR Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2017

“Professional and straight forward”

OverallHelped us to remove an onerous twice a year paper based exercise.
ProsMakes appraisal much easier for staff and managers. Allows me to easily assess progress and outcomes at a click of a button.
ConsGrandparent viewing of appraisals might be more intuitive. Possibly a print user guide for those who are less comfortable with help desks.
June 26, 2017
Laurence F.
May 10, 2017

“In general it is good. It captures most things, though practices have changed to accommodate.”

OverallIt captures yearly goals in a more freer manner than a document template. It is easier for the reporters and reports to input their feedback on an ongoing basis.
ProsConducting a review is easy, as people have commented on each item. Overall layout of the site is good.
Conslayout, locked plans, measurement deliverables not agile, forcing process change to accommodate form, non adaptive scales, layout issues when inputting comments, layout when editing goals, no support for layout in goals, review date deadlines not flexible,
Carlos N.
Performance lead
May 9, 2017

“The interface is very uncomfortable. The comments box on the right are tiny and difficult to work wi”

OverallOne centralized place on internet.
ProsIt facilitates the work about performance and provides handy notifications. It seems to properly handle milestones and dates and definitely is much better than our previous solution based on google docs.
ConsThe interface is very uncomfortable. The comments box on the right are tiny and difficult to work with. It seems to be badly organized. The tool might be great, but the interface needs rework. Features are not bad though.
Matt B.
May 18, 2017

“Lightweight performance management tool”

ProsWorkCompass lets me capture my performance objectives and the progress made against those objectives in a fairly painless manner. I like that I don't have to work around or against the tool! I used the live support feature once and was pleasantly surprised.
ConsThe interface could use some rethinking, especially around adding and editing comments. The workflow around editing/committing plans could be clarified.
Pooja M.
May 9, 2017

“Excellent performance and goals review system”

ProsEasy to use and the support staff is excellent when it comes to clarifying queries. Have been using it for a while and not a lot of complaints so far.
Cons I wish there was some flexibility for employee to modify their goals once submitted. Also, not a very straightforward application. Takes a bit getting used to.
Matt R.
Account manager
May 9, 2017

“Progress tracking tool for work evals good UI”

OverallEase of use for management reviews
ProsThis is a user friendly web based application with a nice layout relatively easy to use that can be navigated fairly easily
ConsOne part I got stuck on and loop around was not sure with therminology they used for completing a review so couldn't move on to the next step
Tess R.
Programme Support Officer
May 22, 2017

“So far it has been an easy and user-friendly experience with only a few learning curves.”

ProsI like that WorkCompass can track the work that needs to be done and provide deadline reminders. It has a clear layout and seems to be very practical.
ConsThere were some issues with added text not saving and then having to be recaptured. This was a little frustrating and time-consuming.
Pei Yu C.
regulatory compliance specialist
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
May 12, 2017

“helpful with setting goals”

Proscan set very detailed goals and milestone. very helpful for complete the goals on time. The reminder emails are helpful too.
Consthe goals that are not completed can not be ticked in the later stage. Bit complicated when comes to editing the goals
Katherine H.
Technical Writer
May 9, 2017

“I have used this for goal setting and more accurately performance reviews. It is easy to manage your”

ProsIt is easy to use and helpful to organize your goals. It is pretty straightforward and a decent user experience.
ConsThe boxes to enter your goals/tasks etc do not expand. This makes it difficult to use when you are writing a good amount of text.
Carmen R.
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 9, 2017

“I found work compass confusing/difficult to navigate. Our previous system was easier.”

OverallI like having an on-line system to document the staffs progress.
ProsThe email reminder notifications is helpful in tracking progress. I like being able to print the document.
ConsI found the document difficult to navigate. Many staff were confused on how to use the software as well.
Mohammad S. J.
April 17, 2018

April 17, 2018
Michael H.
Program Director
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
May 9, 2017

“I think there was a big disconnect between the training and the actual usage”

OverallNot many
ProsIt looked nice. The initial set up looked very clear and functional, but again once we got to usage there were many issues that arose.
ConsLots of redundancies and there were lots of things that popped up where we needed customer service. For example, we got different screens after submitting information and then when we got ready for sitting down with staff, it did not look the same as well as questions were different.
steve r.
Product Manager
May 10, 2017

“Having never used such a system in the past, I was somewhat underwhelmed ”

Pros
ConsI find the user experience completely underwhelming, it provides no interaction and does not allow for the user to amend completion dates. For example a project could be completed within the timeframe, but due to other work pressures it is not marked as completed, when it is marked as completed it is deemed to be late, providing a negative result
Susan Y.
HR Generalist
May 9, 2017

“WorkCompass is extremely easy to use and has opened the lines of communication.”

ProsIt's user friendly. It has opened the lines of communication for employees and managers. Their one on one's are more productive and less likely to forget issues or praises.
ConsHaving to uncommit a plan if you need to add more goals once previous goals are achieved. Some goals are quickly achieved and managers want to add new goals a few times a year and the plan has to be uncommitted and then recommitted. It would be nice if goals could be added with out the uncommit feature.
Musoke F.
FLR programme manager-Rwanda
Environmental Services, 501-1000 employees
May 17, 2017

“ I was impressed with the instant support rendered by the administrator”

OverallThe system provided a quick framework for both appraising and constructing work plans
ProsThe instructions are quite clear and straight forward and it gives room for the possibility to edit without difficulty. By so doing, the work plans are well refined at the end of the day.
ConsInadequacy to warn the user in case of an error for example if there more than two plans for an individual. It would be more useful if the system would send out warning signals to allow timely corrections
May 17, 2017
Iftikhar A.
IT Manager

“Very nice tool.”

ProsThis online tool is very user friendly. And its interface is also so simple for the help of new users.
Lauren P.
assistant director of family services
May 9, 2017

“We found this to be difficult to navigate especially when reviews were required.”

ProsIt was ideally all electronic with good customer service assistance. When components were confusing, assistance was readily acceptable. Staff were able to navigate with assistance.
ConsVery confusing that there were two different components required. It is very unclear how often reviews are due.