Cognito Forms Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.4/5

About Cognito Forms

Cognito Forms is an advanced online form builder that boasts an intuitive, user-friendly interface and the most robust set of free features on the market. Designed from the ground up for today's Internet, the platform delivers extremely powerful features; including document merging, file uploads, repeating sections, save & resume, conditional logic, and integrated payments. Seamlessly embed your forms onto your website, and get notified via email whenever new entries are submitted. Learn more about Cognito Forms

Glencora P.
Marketing Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 29, 2018

“Cognito Forms is a great, inexpensive data system”

OverallI love that Cognito keeps on improving. I hope to see them continue making the user experience better. Thank you!
ProsI have been using Cognito to collect data from two schools. The system is pretty intuitive, and once you have used it for awhile, a lot of things are clearer. For example, to name the columns or categories for when you are ready to export a file to excel, you can simply customize the field names, which helps a lot. The forms embed nicely on a website. The emails sent to customers is great. I love that I can work with others on these forms; that has been excellent. The Support for Cognito has been excellent; they are swift and comprehensive in their help. The forms really allow for you to do a lot.
ConsSome of the problems I have run into are the following: --placing an image in the form header has been tricky. I can't easily place it as I'd like. --I initially named the organization something, and I'd like to change it. I can't easily do that now because the form links are according to the original organization name. It certainly is possible, but it will take some time to fix. --Sometimes it's clear that the server is busy, and it does not work well on Safari (nothing really does, though) --I wish there was an easier way to have people make sure they paid for something before they filled out a form (which ultimately requires payment for submission). It's not clear how to do this.

By Cognito Apps on October 31, 2018
Thank you so much for the feedback, Glencora! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms. Regarding your question about requiring payment: please submit a support request (https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/) and our team would be happy to take a look at your form!
September 29, 2018
Mike S.
Owner/Attorney
May 19, 2018

“Underlying principles they are following are right on.”

OverallI was able to build a form - with no coding knowledge - that I have been dreaming about for years. I am now able to present only the information to my clients that is relevant to them and drastically reduce the amount of time they have to spend reading and filling out the bankruptcy questionnaire. For instance, imagine asking a client "how many vehicles do you have" and then having to do it the old way and tell them to "include and additional sheet for each extra vehicle" Now, with repeating sections, I can ask "Do you have a vehicle"? If they say "yes", a repeating section pops, and they can enter the information for as many vehicles as they want. if they don't have a vehicle they won't have to read another word about vehicles. The more variable the potential information is, the more mileage you get out of conditional logic and repeating sections. I don't want any other bankruptcy attorneys to find out about Cognito forms. I want to maintain my edge! Using the palm pilot, iphone, analogy. Everybody knew for a long time what they wanted a hand held device to do and they got all excited about the palm pilot more for its promise than its reality. You had to have the little stylus, use the new little language, etc. It just wasn't actually useful yet. I feel that way about most form builders compared to Cognito. They have had a lot of promise but not a lot of delivery. Cognito delivers something that is usable without having to twist and turn and try to imagine it doing what you would really like it to do. Anybody (who couldn't do the rubix cube) that ever wished that when the client answers "yes" to this question that this other question will pop up, is finally going to get their wish when they sign up with Cognito. You may have noticed tons of businesses still use paper forms. For client oriented businesses, Doctors, CPA's, Attorneys, etc. the form and the ability to make it easy to fill and dynamic, and the ability to actually use the captured data without reentering stuff from printed forms is a fundamental long standing issue and opportunity that until now only had a palm pilot solutions. The solution to the form problem can enhance everything the business is doing. The ability to include links to help text, payment options, conditional logic, repeating sections, etc. could finally move people to actually get the value from form builders that we have all been dreaming about for years.
ProsMany form builders make it difficult to pack a lot of information in the smallest space possible. They get all big and fluffy. Filling out the completed form feels either like a full blown software experience like using Turbotax or like trying to tack balloons to a board in a light breeze. Cognito forms feel tight, light,compact, intuitive and the perfect extension of the paper form you are trying to replace and make dynamic. The forms look like a nice clean paper or fillable pdf, only online. Others also make conditional logic feel like programming. This is the genius of Cognito forms from my perspective. They are in a class with "Butler for Trello" in terms of conditional logic. I have been dreaming of such a form builder to make my "ultimate, online bankruptcy intake form" for years now. It just didn't exist. Now it does. And it appears it will be getting better and better. I could have nightmares about them potentially going out of business or going a different direction with the product. It's that good and that unique, and that on target. Choosing to make the builder and forms sleek, compact and pdf-like, and solving the conditional logic gap makes other form builders feel like using a pal-pilot while Cognito is an iphone. I look forward to exploring what I can do with the back end and integrations with Zapier and my other programs, but I am quite certain I have found the form builder that is the "Trello" of the form building world.
ConsThe builder has a "preview" function, which is great, but I love, love, love, how I can send the actual form link to myself and open the form on one monitor and the builder on the other and see exactly what the bankruptcy client will be seeing and just refresh to see my changes. I admit. I just like looking at it. It looks so good compared to the competition. I like looking at that crisp compact form on my screen. Its like driving a honda or toyota compared to an old 1970's buick. The builder itself is so intuitive and comfortable to work with. It doesn't fight with you or leave you wondering what to do next. But... I am supposed to mention an issue or "con". I love how I can refresh, but it may be that my form is getting pretty large and has tons of conditional logic going on, but a couple of times when I have attempted to save it sits and spins and especially when I have attempted to apply conditional logic to a question stating "when question A is "Yes" Show questions B,C, and D, for instance. it takes quite a while to pull up the interface. If the servers are overwhelmed, then by all means, investors, get them some money. We need more servers!! Also, it would be nice when dragging and dropping fields if there was an undo button. When you accidentally drop a field inaccurately it can be hard to move everything back into place. I have learned to cut and paste instead of drag and drop. Cognito. I Love you. You make my life complete!

By Cognito Apps on May 29, 2018
Wow! Thank you so much for your review, Mike. We appreciate that you took the time to leave such thoughtful and thorough feedback, and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. :) Regarding your save issue: if you continue to notice problems with your form saving or loading in the builder, please don't hesitate to contact our support team: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/
May 19, 2018
Tracey G.
May 14, 2018

“Flexible to any situation!”

OverallEase, Peace of Mind, and complete organization of our online ordering system! Thanks!
ProsI love that I am able to use CognitoForms on my website to help customers arrange orders. The calculation function allows me to block dates that we are not open or booked which is above and beyond what I was expecting it to be. Never have I ever had any glitches or orders missed because of not getting orders notifications.I started with CognitoForms afters my website thru VistaPrint would not send any forms that customers submitted to me, but would notify the customers it was successfully submitted (bull hockey). I would get a call from a customer that submitted a form 2 days prior and I had no notice about it coming in. FRUSTRATING! And the automated email to the customers "from our business" makes us look super sharp and efficient in addition to letting them know the details they requested and that they're order was successful! I love love love these guys and couldn't find anything at all to complain about! Support is top notch too! You really are the best hands down!
ConsNot a THING!! If I could recommend anything to help make this already phenomenal program better is maybe a "Reservation Calendar" view, where it allows customers to see a full calendar versus a Date Selection box, and maybe add a calculation for "Next Available Date" when used with limited quanity for the Date field. But that's hardly a con, just a suggestion! :o}

By Cognito Apps on May 22, 2018
Thank you for your review, Tracey! It's awesome how you've been able to utilize Cognito Forms for your ordering system. :)
May 14, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
May 14, 2019

“Well established online form builder with killer feature set”

OverallI have used Cognito for 4-years on a number of simple websites for contact forms right through to complex medical referral systems generating custom PDF output and mapping data to several outputs.
ProsCognito is now a well established SaaS product, which is really important because in the world of forms they come and go pretty fast. The feature set is excellent and continues to steadily (not rapidly) evolve. Integration with outside apps is served very well either through Zapier, Integromat or direct webhooks to your own apps. The payment features are well considered and offer calculated amounts and lots of good conditional logic often required in a payment pipeline. The ability to embed forms anywhere with or without Cognito CSS is great too, I usually use the oddly named "Chameleon theme" to easily blend in with my own website CSS PDF generation is brilliant too, especially the ability to edit your own templates
ConsThe design and branding of their own website is pretty retro and off putting for what is actually a state of the art SaaS form and data handling app. The form fields are improving but have sometimes lagged behind in using modern controls such as good date pickers. Form validation is a bit lacklustre in terms of behaviour and styling options We're all waiting for subscription management with Stripe!!
May 14, 2019
Kimberly H.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 12, 2018

“Thoughts on Cognito Forms”

OverallCognito Forms was a life saver for my firm. Previously I was handing out a HUGE pdf or printed intake form that gathered all kinds of information required to build a comprehensive estate plan. Some folks like Adobe and knew how to complete it with that, but most didn't. I would get hand-written packets back which created issues. I could tell when they were tired of writing because I couldn't read it any longer. Enter Cognito Forms. It took some time to build, but it was completely worth the time. I now just send a link to my clients and they enter in all the information. The feedback has been wonderfully positive. It's easy to navigate, they like stopping and resuming (that was a deal-breaker for me and Cognito Forms was one of the few that have this option), and being able to type in the information easily was great. I asked some long-time clients if they would be willing to test it out and give a comparison and they all agreed the online form was excellent and much better than the old one. Thank you Cognito for making my life (and my clients' lives) better!
ProsVery easy to use Appealing to the eye Ability to preview the form while building Notifications with submissions Reporting Ability for users to stop and resume
ConsTables* *Initially, I wrote down the ability to have a repeating table; however, it was just user error. I watched one of the training videos and voila, there it was.

By Cognito Apps on October 31, 2018
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Kimberly! We're glad that you've found our video tutorials helpful, and it's so awesome that you've been able to simplify your intake form for your clients.
September 12, 2018
Michael S.
Operations Manager
Law Practice, 1-10 employees

“Great Form Software”

OverallThis is one of the best form generator software products out there for the money. They do need some additional features to make it the complete package but they are well on there way and are consistently looking and apply feedback from its customers. Highly recommend this product.
ProsEasy to Use Great Knowledge Base Great Support
ConsNeeds additional features (like client portal) to make it the complete package
Recommendations to other buyersLook at their resources to learn how to make the most of this software Within the next year or two this will be a complete feature rich product

By Cognito Apps on January 27, 2017
Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback, Michael! Rest assured that we are hard at work implementing some key enhancements to help set the stage for the customer portal.
Tamas K.
Research and Development Manager
Utilities, 51-200 employees
December 31, 2018

“My favorite online form creation service”

OverallAbsolute statisfied. I use cognitoforms in my workplace daily and based on that experience I also use for my private business as well.
ProsCognitoforms I think one of the best form creation service available online. There is a free access on their price list but for commercial purposes is definetaly worth to by the next levels they offer. I really like one of their new function wich is the vlookup. Their support is superb.
ConsThere is no option for offline forms. Formulas are updating previous saved records, if I change something in the formula field.

By Cognito Apps on March 6, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! :)
December 31, 2018
Richard D.
Founding Member
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2018

“Cognito Forms”

OverallI have created a intake form for new clients. This will be used to generate an automatic reply document for client approval and electronic signature approval. This can be done using Cognito's internal merge process or taking the input and doing a mail merge using word. Clients are able to modify forms as needed. My first thought on a form program was what use is this for a complex problem. Cognito has provided a strong set of tools, that once used, will allow for solving very complex application needs.
ProsCognito Forms has a very large number of options that allow for very sophisticated applications that far exceed creating basic forms. Their pricing is very reasonable if you want some of the more advanced functions, however, even the free version is very powerful.
ConsWhen you open help you get a new browsers tab with each question. This may just be a function I haven't figured out how to turn off. There are couple of very advanced options missing but unless you have a prior programming background I don't think you would miss them.

By Cognito Apps on September 7, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Richard! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms and that you've been able to take advantage of some advanced features in your client intake form!
August 15, 2018
11-50 employees
December 13, 2017

“Incredibly easy-to-use form making software”

OverallHow quickly I was able to test it, create surveys and forms, and have it come out beautifully. I've even shown the software to other clients/partners, who quickly adopted it for their own business. I was even able to rebuild complicated forms from other platforms quickly.
ProsCognito forms is the easiest form software I had ever use. I've used Google Forms, Survey Monkey, Sparkcharts, and a dozen other form software for everything from customer support to having my clients/customers submit multi-page homework.
ConsIt doesn't have all the features that other form software have. But the more features, the more boggled down they feel. If you want something fast and easy to use with a decent level of functions, Cognito forms is it. If you want something with hundreds of features - go with something else.

By Cognito Apps on December 14, 2017
Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. If there any specific features that you'd like to see, please feel free to submit your ideas and suggestions here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/
December 13, 2017
Thea E.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2018

“I use the Cognito Forms for free and I love it!”

ProsI love that it has free options! And if you do not expect a huge wave of data coming into your forms through Cognito, this is already enough for you. There are many things I like about it (1) it has all the features that you need to make forms (2) it will allow you to send autoemail when there are new entries (3) it can link to Sharepoint using Flow, which is just awesome! (4) you don't need to be an expert to understand how it works. It's as easy as 1-2-3! (5) you can embed the forms in your website
ConsIt doesn't look as pretty as the other form builders. It has some features to beautify it, and it's usually enough. They can do better in this area.

By Cognito Apps on July 24, 2018
Thank you so much for leaving us a review, Thea! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms :)
July 24, 2018
Laura F.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2016

“Super happy customer!”

OverallSince starting with Cognito forms almost a year ago, they've come out with many new features and are great at communicating what they're working on to come next with their Trello idea board. Communication is something that they definitely do well, whether its with a technical support question or an I-can't-figure-this-out kind of question, they're quick to respond. The application itself is super easy to use and master. Adding payment methods is quick and easy along with the management of those payment submissions. The options are really endless when creating a form. Almost everything has the ability to be customized to what you need, and even those few things that i'd like to be able to change, I can vote for them on their idea board on Trello.
ProsEasy to use, create and manage. Good communication and support. It's secure to use, and they have the option to be HIPAA compliant. They're great on coming out with new features, they communicate what they're working on through their Trello idea board. Their documentation is great also, i've relied on their help documentations many times to answer my questions. There is a blog too that is a great resource for learning new things you can do with your forms.
August 16, 2016
Faelan H.
Data Team Lead
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 20, 2017

“Flexible, Reliable, Easy to Implement and Very Cost Effective”

ProsHas a wide range of field types and features (saving progress, customizable tables, signatures, calculations, pre-fills) that other form builders don't have. If your form has any sort of complexity this is the best out there and the pricing is excellent value for money.
ConsIt's pretty much the complete package. On occasion, saving changes in the form builder can act up and if you could move from one response to the next by hitting return that would be nice from a user perspective. But I'm nitpicking here, it's the best form builder I've come across and at the best price.

By Cognito Apps on September 21, 2017
Thank you so much for the feedback, Faelan!
September 20, 2017
Dave A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“Trusted product for complex forms”

OverallCognito forms helps us get web-hosted forms up and running quickly without much fuss. If you don't want to do complex conditional logic or branching this is a top contender at a good price point.
ProsIt's fairly easy to get up and running with Cognito Forms. They have a free version that caters for most non-commercial uses. Basic functionality is good and drag and drop form building is easy.
ConsThe UX output is lacking a bit. For example there are no slider field types for values and some of the field type UX are a bit clunky. Latest UX elements and more styling options will make this product fantastic. Conditional logic and calculations could be more intuitive to use.
September 30, 2019
Jenn C.
Customer Service Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“Great forms generater!”

OverallI was very excited to come across this site. It allows us to customize our online employment application. I have also used it for employee's feedback. I love the customization and ease of use.
ProsFor a non technical person such as myself I enjoyed using this site to create our online applications and online forms. I can customize them with our logo and appropriate backgrounds. I decide how many questions, what type of answers ie pull down options, radio buttons etc. I have used it for online applications and for employee surveys.
ConsI have not come across anything that I did not like so far.
December 21, 2018
Rhys O.
Digital Marketing Professional
Insurance, 51-200 employees
June 2, 2019

“What Can't It Do?”

ProsLots of features; mailable to what you need it; easy for simple tasks and complicated processes; customer support is phenomenal
ConsSo many features it is overwhelming at first; understanding logistics of some features is a learning curve
June 2, 2019
April 11, 2018

“Smart Forms for this Form Challenged Individual”

OverallWe can now create forms which are not difficult to maintain. The forms can be created and even updated easily.
ProsForms are so easy to make. Drag and drop interface with many options - no coding understanding, reading, or editing necessary, thanks for that Cognito!
ConsLiterally nothing. One thing to note is that for form data to be encrypted and the form to be password protected requires a paid account. Not a show-stopper for some, but if those are important to you, it's good to know.

By Cognito Apps on April 13, 2018
Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms! :)
April 11, 2018
Entertainment, Self-employed
September 6, 2018

“The absolute BEST form creator”

ProsI love that I can really customize the look of my form all the way down to the photo at the top. It makes my forms look much more professional
ConsNo cons really. I've been using this builder for about 5 years consistently. They're always bringing in great new updates. I've tried other forms, but I haven't found any that are as customizable and as slick looking as this one

By Cognito Apps on September 7, 2018
Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we're happy to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms! :)
September 6, 2018
René H.
Media Production, 51-200 employees
December 7, 2017

“The best service available for collecting and processing web form data”

OverallWe extensively tested a lot of best of breed services like JotForm, Typeform and Formstack for collecting, embedding and processing data from online forms for internal use and external touchpoints. Cognitoforms is our final choice and we are happy.
ProsGreat flexibility, perfect code embed, event triggered e-mail notification, wonderful document layout editor. We did not find one single bug after extensively using cognito forms. Fair and flexible pricing.
ConsActually there are no given cons using Cognito Forms. Compared with other similar services like Typeform and Jotform, we are only missing "picture choice" options. Integration of own e-mail domain is planned, but not in beta until now.

By Cognito Apps on December 11, 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful feedback, René! We're glad to hear that your organization is enjoying Cognito Forms.
December 7, 2017
James S.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
July 28, 2019

“Terrible Customer Service. ”

OverallI would have been better off using Google Forms/Sheets.
ProsWhat I will like best is no longer using them and receiving notification emails without the ability to view any forms.
ConsI figured out the issue with the help of someone who does not work for you. You were sending notifications to an email address which is associated with a different account that does not have access to the forms, so there was nothing for me to see. One would think you might be able to see that on your end. I was, after all, communicating with you from an email address that is not for the account receiving the forms. All you do is keep telling me to turn off notifications on my account, but that would do NOTHING to stop the notifications because they were coming from another account entirely. How is it that nobody looked to see that there are no forms for which I should have been receiving notification? And I'm supposed to trust my client's information and important documents with your company? I can only imagine what the ordeal would be like if there was a problem bigger than receiving ghost notifications. I've been going around in circles with multiple representatives without any real help on an issue that should have been extremely simple had someone taken the time to do anything except type in a canned response without doing even a little research into the problem. I can delete my account and STILL receive these notifications for forms I cannot access from this email address. I'll make a note to follow your customer service procedures and follow-through if I ever want to kill my business. A customer cannot speak to a live person? Honestly? Terrible customer service.
July 28, 2019
Justin C.
Textiles, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“Need a form quick? This is the place to stop.”

ProsEase of use - just drag and drop Rapid form development - start a basic form and keep tweaking until satisfied Complexity - forms can be as simple or complex as you want Features - new features are being rolled out constantly Interoperability - these forms can accept data from many other sources (and in cases return it!)
ConsJust would like a little more flexibility in the builder - sometimes columns just don't stay put.

By Cognito Apps on December 14, 2018
Thanks for leaving us a review, Justin! We appreciate your feedback. :-)
December 12, 2018
Clare M.
November 21, 2017

“It's the most intuitive online form tool I've tried out of a few. Excellent value for money.”

OverallLow cost, feature-packed, easy to use I know there's more I could do with it if I could commit the time to learning it! It's hard to find many faults.
ProsVery intuitive, simple layout, range of options available. Free version has lots of features, low cost version adds even more.

By Cognito Apps on November 22, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Clare! We very much appreciate your kind words.
November 21, 2017
Phillip C.
National Account Manager
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
February 21, 2019

“Great Way to Organize Your Phone Screen”

ProsI really like how user-friendly and customizable it is. We created a phone screen this year for our client and it was so easy to roll out to the team. We are constantly evaluating the question on the phone screen and making edits to make it better. Cognito forms easily lets us do this and has made the whole process really smooth.
ConsIt would be nice to allow the forms to sync right into our ATS system without us having to save and attach it. I have also noticed that it can lag at times when we are trying to load up the forms. Overall, it works great and gets the job done.
February 21, 2019
Emmanuel R.
Adjoint
July 5, 2018

“Great forms software, making it able to create complex forms easily”

ProsI was able using Cognito Forms to create complex forms with conditionnal display. It includes useful features like checkout, and thus was the best I found among similar software.
ConsI did not found many downsides to Cognito Forms, however I think it lacks design features and I found some bugs while using it embedded (but not only). The customer support is however pretty effective.

By Cognito Apps on July 10, 2018
Thank you so much for leaving us a review, Emmanuel! We're glad to hear that you've been able to easily build complex forms. In terms of design features and/or bugs, don't hesitate to reach out to us with your suggestions! https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/
July 5, 2018
Ray J.
Investor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2019

“Best Free Forms”

Overallworks great and fast, simple enough to set up, though may not be the easiest for a non-technical person.
ProsI use the free level because I only need to use it about 3 times per year, and each time lasts 2 or 3 weeks, so the paid option would cost too much for my use case. So my mission was to find the best, most manipulable, free forms. Cognito won. Conditional entries, validation, custom formulas, etc.
ConsNothing really. There are a few small things that I wish I could do, but I then find out it indeed is included in one of the paid packages. So I can't be mad at that. They need to make money just like I.
February 20, 2019
Sam D.
Communications
Government Administration, Unspecified
July 8, 2017

“Exactly what I was looking for”

OverallTime savings, happy clients
ProsImpressive amount of features, easily customizable, contemporary form design, User-friendly backend, seamless integration in websites, can handle easy to very complex forms with conditional logic very reasonable pricing
Consinternationalization (translations) could be better from time to time, saving data to resume later could be better elaborated

By Cognito Apps on September 21, 2017
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review, Sam! If you ever have any suggestions for improvements to our translations, be sure to send us a support ticket: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/
July 8, 2017
March 7, 2018

“Cognito makes it easy for me to manage fundraising and event planning”

OverallCognito forms make it easy for me to manage sponsors and events, with simple form creation and use. Duplication and modification of previous forms helps save time when creating new forms. Overall, it's been very helpful.
ProsForms are easily duplicated and modified, meaning I can use previous forms as the foundation for new ones. Forms can also be modified once in use, making it easy for me to keep sponsors and participants updated as our needs change.

By Cognito Apps on March 8, 2018
We're so glad to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms! Thank you for your feedback.
March 7, 2018
Colin W.
Co-Founder
Internet, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2017

“Wow.”

OverallSaved my team hundreds of hours in custom coding.
ProsI usually don't go out of my way to review software, but Cognito forms provided exactly the level of functionality my project team required to build out a sophisticated data capture interface. We had been working for weeks on custom design requirements, but I was able to build out a solution using nested repeatable groups in under an hour.
ConsSmall item, I would love more features and options in the style section. Variable width forms would be great!
May 11, 2017
Banking, 1-10 employees
July 1, 2019

“Cognito Forms - great software to capture information online via web forms”

ProsWe love the simplicity of the software and ease of capturing information online via web forms.
ConsGreat product, no cons we experienced so far.
July 1, 2019
Financial Services, Unspecified
May 15, 2018

“Terrible Terrible Terrible ”

OverallNone.
ProsI liked the fact that the forms were clean looking and you could customize the forms to your liking.
ConsThey shut your form down instantly if it is reported without even investigating thus putting the burden on the customer. I mean as soon as you hit submit on the abuse report I received an automated email stating my form was shut down due to a violation. I know because I tested it out. What about some child playing around on your site or a competitor even. They also won't let you collect credit card info unless you are using their payment processors. Talk about monopoly. I will be using their competitor from now on.
May 15, 2018
Anthony B.
HR Consultant
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
October 29, 2018

“Cognito Forms review”

OverallCognito Forms has been a great platform for tracking applications. It's also been a good tool to conduct performance reviews.
ProsCognito Forms is easy to use, provides a variety of great features, and allows us to be paper free when it comes to applications and performance reviews.
ConsThe software can be a little bit cumbersome to use when creating complex forms, but the results are always great.

By Cognito Apps on November 1, 2018
Thank you for your feedback, Anthony! We're glad you've been enjoying Cognito Forms! :)
October 29, 2018
Nuha H.
Business Owner
July 12, 2018

“This program is so easy to use, so simple, and offers you so MUCH for FREE!”

ProsEase of use, the fact that you can customize your forms anyway you want, it's very easy to set up the forms in your website, and the proactive nature of the customer services reps in the company.
ConsI have not had any issues with cons with Cognito Forms and I have been more than satisfied with their service so far!

By Cognito Apps on September 7, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. :)
July 12, 2018
Zillah H.
Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 17, 2016

“Just a question”

OverallI haven't used Cognito forms. I just saw a friend using it for our upcoming conference. Can Cognito forms (upgraded version) be used for university online application that can later be incorporated to a school management system? How do you manage your data base? As you know, a university application involves a huge volume of information from each applicant. What if you don't finish filling out a form, can you go back to it another time (I'm talking about a regular online university application form. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
ProsNice design
ConsHave not explored it extensively yet.
Recommendations to other buyersNone at the moment

By Cognito Apps on April 12, 2018
Zillah, Yes, you can integrate directly with your school management system database if you use our Webhook/Post to JSON feature. It will require a developer on your end, but this is how you can send the data over to your database when a user submits your form. Check out this help article for more info: https://www.cognitoforms.com/support/66/data-integration/webhooks We have a Save & Resume feature that allows your end users to save their progress and come back to their form later to complete it. Here is some info on how that feature works: https://www.cognitoforms.com/features/save-resume If you have any other questions, please feel free to submit a support request and we'll definitely help you out: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/ Thanks, Jennifer Cognito Forms
November 17, 2016
John P.
Troop Commander (Major)
June 25, 2015

“The experience has been OUTSTANDING. But....”

OverallThe form is mostly easy to develop but I wish the 'help' files would direct you back to the form where your having a problem. Also, parts of my form call for calculations. i.e. Total Time =Endtiem - Starttime. I always get a decimal. 16.00 Hours. Or I have some one put in a 4 digital number in a number field. Say, 8011 The form shows this as 8,011. I wish there was a way to control the look of the output. Now, that said, I came to cognito forms from 123Forms because I had some problems getting what I wanted. Here, I get very much of what I want. The customer help is no more than the next day. I highly recommend this software. Ans as they work out some of the 'bugs' It will be even better. Thanks guys, I've only been using your forms for less than a week and you have won me over!!!! John
June 25, 2015
Jennifer F.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
March 18, 2019

“Very easy to set up”

OverallWe use a lot of these forms for customer onboarding and they have been very beneficial, especially since we can embed them in our site.
ProsThat the forms were extremely easy to set up, the application is very intuitive. The forms also have a sophisticated look.
ConsIt would have been helpful to have the "save and come back" option available during the trial period.

By Cognito Apps on May 20, 2019
Thank you so much for your feedback!
March 18, 2019
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
March 5, 2019

“Useful and amazing”

OverallI use this to keep records for my clients on their intake information.
ProsI like how it makes getting intake information simple. And I like that I can take a payment on it to hold the intake slot.
ConsIt is a bit clunky to set up, not awful or anything but it does take some work.

By Cognito Apps on March 6, 2019
Thank you so much for your feedback!
March 5, 2019
Michael S.
January 11, 2015

“Form Builder and Customer Service”

OverallOver the past 6 + months of using Cognito Forms we've successfully used their form builder to run our online ordering. During this period of time they have released numerous new features and their support has been extremely responsive and helpful as they helped us troubleshoot problems as we developed our order forms. After looking at the other form builders available on the market I couldn't be happier with Cognito Forms and would recommend them to anyone.

By Cognito Apps on January 12, 2015
Thanks so much Michael! We have really enjoyed watching the evolution of your forms and working together to provide the functionality you need. We can't wait to keep watching your business grow!
January 11, 2015
Education Management, Unspecified
May 29, 2018

“used many forms, this is the best”

Prossuper easy interface and wordpress implementation. i can even use it on an AMP page. lots of flexibility in style make it fit in nicely to wordpress
Consnot sure, maybe make encryption a no cost feature? overall i think the pricing is fair though. maybe make a couple things user friendly like editing existing forms

By Cognito Apps on June 4, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms, and it's awesome that you've been able to utilize the AMP embed code!
May 29, 2018
Rachel E.
Owner/ Photographer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2018

“Great for Non-for Profits”

ProsSo easy to use, we're able to use it for our giveaways, and to ensure if people have questions they can ask them all while capturing much needed information for our records. It also doesn't limit you on ?'s
ConsThe tabs can be a little confusing at first but once you use it, you get used to it.

By Cognito Apps on December 18, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, Rachel! It's awesome that you've been able to utilize Cognito for your giveaways.
December 14, 2018
WILLIE T.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 25, 2019

“Ease of Use”

ProsThis software has all I need to create the forms i need to collect lead information . Most of all I love how easy they are to create.
ConsNo comments at this time. Love this software.
July 25, 2019
Michelle S.
Owner/Photographer
Photography, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 9, 2019

“custom questionnaires with high functionality”

OverallI needed something that I could export into spreadsheets to compare, copy and paste data, as well as export into individual pdfs. This definitely accomplishes that, where other software choices do not.
ProsWhile there are many form/questionnaire software choices out there, this one fit my needs best: well organized, easily customizable, with the ability to export into spreadsheets AND pdfs.
ConsIt's a bit clunky to maneuver around and customize things. Definitely a bit of a learning curve.
January 9, 2019
11-50 employees
April 4, 2018

“Good ”

ProsCognito forms helps in quick form building and really easy to use. Cognito forms are fast to develop.
ConsI have not explored all the features of Cognito Forms. At this moment I do not find any shortcoming about the software.

By Cognito Apps on April 5, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your positive feedback. :)
April 4, 2018
Michelle V.
Products Inventory Manager
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2017

“Easy for my customers to use!”

OverallI created an online order form for my side business and it was super easy to create and I haven't had any complaints yet from any customers!

By Cognito Apps on January 24, 2017
Thank you for your kind words, Michelle! We're happy that Cognito has been a useful tool for your business.
Aparna P.
Executive
Banking, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2019

“Any forms with just a drag”

OverallMust try.
ProsIt is best for creating surveys with logic conditions.
ConsPricing plan is bit confusing should have differ from Submission and users.
August 6, 2019