CodeMeter Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About CodeMeter

CmLicenseCentral consists of an application server, a web server and a database. The application server accesses the database and offers a web service interface for the ISV to manage all aspects of the license management process; alternatively this capability can be integrated into your current processes. Learn more about CodeMeter

Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“Control it with Wibu”

ProsA lot of flexibility to define how we license our software to customers. We can enable/disable a lot of features based on creating specific codes to use.
ConsComplicated to set up and explain to others like sales and support how it works. It could be made easier to use than the way it currently is. The GUI for customers to use the license isn't very intuitive but it works for what we need with help documents.
July 31, 2019
Philip F.
Product Manager Tools
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
October 7, 2019

“Codemeter for Desktop Software”

ProsCodeMeter enables a secure licensing mechanism of my software at a customer site. This works in different scenarios online and offline. As an administrator I get a good overview, who bought my software.
ConsThe technical documentation to implement the runtime in your software is poor. I see a lot of features that seem interesting, but are not described in a way, that I am really in a position to decide whether it solves my issue.
October 7, 2019
Benjamin K.
Product Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5001-10,000 employees
September 24, 2019

“Easy & fast implementation of strong encryption”

OverallVery helpful support, every time I was calling them in the beginning, they did a very good job and helping me to get it working right from scratch.
ProsIt has a very high capability of encryption and many licensing options for our software
ConsThe prices are a little bit high if one doesn't protect very expensive software, it is a little bit overkill
September 24, 2019
Marco S.
General Coordinator
December 4, 2014

“Recommended”

OverallAltogether a very safe product. We have worked with Wibu for a long time now and they are a trusted partner. Problems do occur (as with any software in the world) but the company has always been responsive and acted promptly. Would certainly recommend

By Wibu-Systems on February 18, 2015
Hi Marco, thank you very much for your review, that's well appreciated!
December 4, 2014
Björn C.
Manager Competence Center Software
February 18, 2015

“Good partnership / Good product”

OverallGreat product Wide range of functions Quick and easy to use Professional Support Very good value for money We are very satisfied with the solution and WiBu as a partner

By Wibu-Systems on February 18, 2015
Thank you, Björn, we'll keep up the good work!
February 18, 2015
DANIEL M.
Oil & Energy, Self-employed
October 4, 2019

“Good Product, Need to Document How to Use It”

OverallVery frustrating in that it isn't documented as well as I require my own software to be documented. I am a physicist who programs as needed. It's a shame that my standards are higher than WiBu's.
ProsThe fact that, when I know the tricks to setting it up, it performs.
ConsThe Documentation. The formal documentation does not include how to program the dongles. I had to find a support engineer who wrote a cheat sheet to find the documentation. It took > 20 hours to get my first customer dongle programmed.
October 4, 2019