BetterCloud Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About BetterCloud

BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications. Learn more about BetterCloud

1001-5000 employees
April 9, 2018

“BetterCloud, best Google support”

OverallBetterCloud is one, if not the best way to manage our Google Accounts
ProsBetterCloud does most daily Google admin tasks from one place. BetterCloud makes it easy to reset Google passwords, update signatures, manage groups and so much more. Compared to the Google Admin Console, the interface of BetterCloud is much more user friendly. BetterCloud also integrates with other Google products, allowing administrators to update Docs, Sheets, Forms ect without ever logging into the users account. This is just the tip of the iceberg, BetterCloud makes it easy to create user accounts while applying company templates such as signatures. BetterCloud offers more complex functionality which as a user of 12 months, I haven't had to use myself yet. However, it is good to know that there is more to the product
ConsOne of the cons of BetterCloud can also be considered a Pro. BetterCloud is constantly updating and adding additional features, as a result, it can be hard to keep up with recent changes
April 9, 2018
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
January 4, 2017

“Ok tool, but Buyer Beware”

OverallI WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN - BUYER BEWARE! We have a standard Google for Business domain, which they never fully integrated with. Most of their so-called tools, didn't work right and the one that did kind of work was the email monitoring, but even then, the users' email that you are monitoring is simply the tool sending you a TXT file of incoming and outgoing emails, it's can't un decrypt incoming so those are worthless, it doesn't show you attachments, etc - bottom line, I can read my users outgoing emails, but because everything is so generic and in txt files, I literally have to open EVERY SINGLE EMAIL and sort through 1/2 code and 1/2 text. Can't see the attachments referenced, etc. Expensive tool. But that's not the worst. BE AWARE - once you sign up, you pay a fee per year. 30 days prior to your subscription being renewed, you are sent an email, just like every other monthly email that is basically worthless, that reminds you they require 30-day notification for cancellation. NOTE - YOU PAY FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR AT ONCE, SO IF YOU DON'T CANCEL THAT SAME DAY AS THE NOTICE, YOU ARE STUCK WITH ANOTHER ENTIRE YEAR OF PAYMENTS. When I asked customer service about this, as I don't need the email monitoring anymore, they basically said, "oops, you missed your 30-day window, so you have to pay for the whole year now, so let's talk about more services we can provide you, aka pay for". TOTAL BS!!! FINALLY, there is ZERO place on the site to cancel your membership. You literally have to email them, provide in writing, a notice of cancellation 30 days before it is set to renew. In 2017, do we really need to write an email or send a fax to cancel a subscription? Hell, my cheaper subscription services have cancellation components built into their apps, why can't this one.
ConsHorrible customer service Integration with the Google Domain was poor at best
Recommendations to other buyersDO NOT BUY - there are more viable tools than this out there
January 4, 2017
Dylan M.
Director of Corporate Business Technology
Printing, 1001-5000 employees
September 5, 2017

“The Better way to manage Google Apps For Business”

OverallSingle Pane of Google Apps for Business management without the "Pain" of using google's admin page.
ProsSimpler to use than the google Admin page. This package allows for multiple users with varying levels of access. It is hooked into the Google API and makes it easy for my admins to make needed account changes.
ConsSometimes sync with Google can be slow when performing many transactions. Also the "May I help You?" popups can be annowing. If I want to chat with someone I'll chat with someone. You need to assume that anyone using this software is saavy enough to hit the help button when they need to.
September 5, 2017
Greg C.
Engagement Manager
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2019

“A nice app for gsuite management”

ProsAs a gsuite admin it was nice to be able to see at a quick glance if people were sharing docs or forwarding emails they shouldnt' be and to have the ability to setup alerts when it happened. It had a nice UI that made setting up and navigating these changes a breeze.
ConsThey are always updating and adding new features, some are included other are pay to use type of upgrades. Same with integrations often we'd find an integration we wanted to utilize only to be told by our success manager it was considered an addon.
February 21, 2019
Jon S.
Vice President of Information Technology
Plastics, 201-500 employees
December 19, 2018

“Bettercloud makes GSuite Management much easier”

OverallWe have thought of going without Bettercloud, but everytime we recognized the high value it provides - it would be tough to live without it.
ProsBettercloud was a life saver when we moved over to GSuite- the Google Admin just wasn't cutting it with all the features and needs we had, but Bettercloud provides everything we need.
ConsThe user interphase took a little getting used to, but once I located what I needed, it's been great
December 19, 2018
Plastics, 201-500 employees
May 14, 2019

“Does its job”

ProsIt makes it much easier to interface with GSuite. Takes a lot of the functionality in GSuite and makes it easier to use. It love how it syncs so quickly with GSuite (typically changes happen within 10-15 seconds instead of 30 minutes with MS.) It does provide a few extra features as well over GS like delegation.
ConsThe functionality is somewhat limited. That may be due to GS doing the limiting which isn't surprising.
May 14, 2019
Morgan R.
Operations Manager
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2016

“Poor Customer Service”

OverallI have found working with this company to be extremely frustrating. On 8/9/15 I was told by email that their rates would be going up. The message said: Should you wish to make changes to your subscription, written confirmation is required 30 days prior to renewal. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us - our first priority is agreeing to a fair price for both our companies. So I wrote on 8/12/15 to Tanya Kuoni: Thank you for the offer, but we will no longer need the service moving forward. Please cancel our membership, or forward instructions so I may do so. Thank you. On 12/5/15 I was surprised to get a passed due notice for $936. On 12/7/15 I wrote again: Tanya, I made several attempts to cancel auto renewal and your website would not allow me to disable it. I've not signed any agreement, nor implemented your services. I will not be providing a new card for renewal. Tanya writes back and tells me it is too late to cancel! I am still trying to cancel this account even after submitting a written request to cancel BEFORE the auto-renewal. This company has charged my credit card twice - the 2nd time was after I disputed the charge with American Express. I am now disputing the charge for a second time. What a scam!
ProsUnknown - I don't use their service, but that doesn't stop them from charging my credit card
ConsThey take your money without authorization
May 3, 2016
Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees
September 30, 2019

“Expensive & better options out there”

Overall- Watch your contract. They will raise prices, sometimes double your renewal. - Make sure you give them the full 30 days if you want to cancel otherwise they will lock you in for another year. - They told me they normally don't negotiate with orgs as small as mine.
Pros- Improved workflow - Great reporting - Easy deprovisions - decent alerting
Cons- Very expensive, inconsistent pricing - Features behind industry - Clunky UI
September 30, 2019
Stanley M.
February 13, 2018

“Think twice.”

ProsEasy user interface. There are options that make creating bulk accounts easier for those with many users.
ConsCustomer "care" team is not about caring about the customer. They are caring about the bottom line which is getting paid. We were in constant contact with our customer service rep and even wrote to him that we may not be able to commit, next thing you know we receive an invoice. We tried to cancel the order literally one day after the invoice was sent to us. But rep could not help and his manager was OOO. Bettercloud at one point was leading the pack with their features, but with continued adoption of Google across the world there are now more inexpensive, and sometimes free options.
February 13, 2018
Rakesh S.
February 9, 2012

“Enabling Google Apps Security for Small Businesses - DomainWatch”

OverallThe first step in using DomainWatch is to register your domain with Google Apps. Once you are registered with Google, it is relatively easy to install the application. From the dashboard, you can navigate to other application features including policy editors and compliance analytics, which enable you to search for documents and configure security detectives. My favorite feature in the application is Domain Trends. Think of it as Google Analytics for your documents. For example, it enables you to analyze available parameters for Google Docs. Thus, you can proactively organize your documents by checking available space and site configuration details.
ProsGreat add-on to manage your documents
ConsIt would be great to extend their utility beyond Google Apps
February 9, 2012
Michele Nachum .
August 31, 2012

“Take Google Apps To The Next Level For Administrators And Small Businesses”

OverallFlashPanel offers administrators several tools to help users work more efficiently and professionally. The Email Signatures feature allows an administrator to setup and control signatures for the company, or even for individual groups of users. Other tools include the Apps Butler, installed through the Google Talk feature, which allows you to broadcasts company wide announcements and deliver company directory information on demand via chat. Overall, I found FlashPanel exceedingly easy to use. Video tutorials and detailed instructions on their website, as well as within the app itself, can have an administrator up and running fairly easily.
August 31, 2012