FreshMail Ratings

Overall

About FreshMail

FreshMail puts the power of email marketing campaigns in your hands - from the newsletter creation stage to sending and tracking your message. The system provides users in an intuitive tool for newsletter creation - FreshMail Designer - based on the drag & drop method and rich in beautiful ready-to-use email templates. You can use a variety of tests to optimize the campaign to deliver the best possible results. Sending email campaigns have been never so easy! Learn more about FreshMail

Peter M.
Strategic Marketing Social Media Content Development
Internet, 10,001+ employees
August 12, 2016

“The best platform for sending personalised newsletters”

OverallI've tested a few different vendors and after using Mailchimp for a long time I switched to Freshmail. At first it mostly for cost reasons but it turns out that their customer support really impressed me. I really like being able to write or call and get quick answers for everything.
ProsFreshmail Designer is what I like most. You can select templates or create your own from scratch and add whatever elements you want with one click. Everything looks really professional when you're done. The other thing worth mentioning is automation with Google Analytics. It's easy to send autoresponders to subscribers who complete goals that i set in google like "visit price page" and that person will get a message from me. Putting a small discount offer in that messages get really good results.
ConsThe integration with Google Analytics wasn't easy for me but once I got the hang of it I could figure it out and set up new autoresponders with a few clicks.
Holly B.
Business Analyst
Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2015

“I didn't know email marketing was this easy to do”

OverallMy open rates on previous campaigns with another ESP were horrible and I never understood why. I thought a change of sending servers would help and it turns out that it makes all the difference.
ProsHonestly, I don't see much difference between one system and another but FreshMail does stand out to me for one reason. Over the past 4 or 5 years I have used four different email marketing systems and FreshMail has by far the best customer service of any of them. If you are getting any real use out of your email marketing, you will need some help or have a problem from time to time. FreshMail is only customer support that gave me the impression that there was actually someone looking into a problem and they always got back to me and stayed in touch until the problem was resolved.
ConsMy campaign got delayed because of their moderation process. When I wrote them to ask what was going on they said they have some kind of anti-spam moderation process that was taking longer than usual.
September 20, 2015
Gillian T.
Digital Marketing Manager
Media Production, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2016

“Easy to use email marketing tool”

OverallI set up an account in FreshMail not long ago to start promoting my new e-store. First impressions were good. Setting up a newsletter step by step is intuitive and adding graphics & creating the overall design is easy. You don't need to know anything about programming or graphic design to make something that looks great. I didn't think it would be this easy. You arrange your newsletter by dragging and dropping blocks in the template. It's easy to combine text blocks and others with pictures and graphics and then edit everything the way you want it. When you're done you can save your template so you can start from there next time and just change the details. After maybe an hour of experimentation the first time I worked with it, I can now make my own newsletter campaigns. If you don't want to make your own or don't have time you can also choose a ready made responsive template from their library.
Mitchell A.
Design, Self-employed
January 24, 2017

“Very Happy to Reccomend”

OverallI have used Freshmail for more than 6 months. Before that I used Mailchimp but I had some difficulties with them and decided to change systems. So far everything seems to be very effective and I'm more than pleased that I decided to switch to Freshmail.
ProsThe biggest advantage is FreshMail's 24/7 support. At the very beginning, I had a few problems but they worked and helped me to solve them, also I got some important advice on how to avoid similar problems in the future. I appreciate the wide range of guides, blog posts, e-books and so on. I want to get the most out of my email campaigns and freshmail knows how to do it :)
ConsI don't know how to integrate some plugins with their system, there's no simple way to do it or I just have to figure it out - anyway it's not very intuitive.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend Freshmail to other marketing professionals as a useful free and paid tool.
January 24, 2017
Artur J.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
November 17, 2017

“I enjoy using FreshMail and find it easy and useful in its price category. ”

OverallGood insights about my subscribers database and possibility to clean it up from bouncing emails.
ProsMany high-quality templates Easy to use A/B testing feature Good interface Clear campaign wizard Grouping messages and subscribers Good insights
ConsThe offer says otherwise, but from my experience messages filtered to spam are more common than a business would usually accept The templates are good, but the differences between how they are viewed within campaign wizard and in particular email clients is very big.
November 17, 2017
Harriet W.
Marketing Executive
Market Research, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2017

“Easy to learn and easy to use!”

ProsI like how user friendly Freshmail is. The template designer has a lot of pre-made templates and I created mine by just tweaking the one I really liked. All my contacts are easy to manage and to organize. I'm building my email list with their plugin for Wordpress and that works fine as well.
ConsFree plan don't have a possibility to create drip campaigns, I had to upgrade to enable this feature.
September 3, 2017
Dave A.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
September 22, 2016

“Easy to use, templates, support”

OverallI'm new to Freshmail and I can share my first impressions. I never realized that making my own newsletter was that easy. It was really easy to find my way around the designer and make exactly what I wanted. They have lots of templates that you can just start with and customize the way you want. The process is really simple and a big plus. On the down side, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to integrate certain plugins with google analytics. I'll just have to leave it for someone else to help me with. Oh, and another thing I liked was getting free newsletters from freshmail with advice and tips on making great campaigns - a nice extra for people like me just starting out.
ProsI never realized that making my own newsletter was that easy. It was really easy to find my way around the designer and make exactly what I wanted. They have lots of templates that you can just start with and customize the way you want. The process is really simple and a big plus.
ConsI'm not really sure how I'm supposed to integrate certain plugins with google analytics. I'll just have to leave it for someone else to help me with.
Recommendations to other buyersThe thing I really liked was getting free newsletters from freshmail with advice and tips on making great campaigns - a nice extra for people like me just starting out.
September 22, 2016
Kamil L.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
December 28, 2018

“The best platform for companies”

ProsI think its one of the best platform to sending personalized newsletters ever created. Fast, easy and cheap solution for every business.
ConsUser interface isn't very intuitive, i don't know how to integrates some plugins with Freshmail,i didn't saw simple way to do it. I think better UI or guide will be great improvement.
December 28, 2018
Bernard S.
Work&Life Mindful Leadership / Marketing & Communications Consultant
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 15, 2016

“Does exactly what it's supposed to do and works well”

OverallThe online interface is very intuitive to the users. We have people working in there that are anywhere from graphic designers and web developers all the way to traditional marketers without really a great deal of online experience, and because the tools are so easy to use, it has been a great tool for the entire marketing team.
ProsI like the functionality of FreshMail Designer. You can change everything using drag & drop and there are tons of additional graphics and buttons to add. They also recently updated everything to make sure that templates adapt to mobile devices.
ConsIntegration into existing SaaS applications could be better and more diverse.
Matt S.
Translator
June 30, 2017

“I've been using freshmail for quite some time and it's a great tool”

ProsGreat resource centre with a lot of know how about the system and about email marketing. The system itself is very intuitive too.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 9, 2018

“Everything you expect from email marketing tool ”

OverallAll you need in a everyday work.
ProsIt is very easy to use (especially comparing to other similar tools) and intuitive. All functionalities are easy to find and use. Even if you are not that experienced when it comes to email marketing, you will not have any problems with using Freshmail. And the customer service is very helpful.
ConsSometimes it may be difficult to import data or make some synchronizations but it's not anything which can't be overcome.
December 9, 2018
Sebastian B.
Design Manager
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
August 25, 2017

“Design Manager”

OverallIn the company where I work one of my duties is creating email marketing campaigns. With the system I used before, everything was much more complicated and it took me a lot of time to create responsive newsletters. Since I started with FreshMail, everything is much easier and I can't believe I wasted so much time before!
ProsSetting up a campaign is very easy. Everything in the system is well organized and easy to follow and making your own beautiful newsletter is easy. Moreover, I like the wide range of free responsive templates.
ConsMarketing automation features are not too advanced. I'd like to see tighter connection with Google Analytics so I could segment based on GA dimensions and metrics.
August 25, 2017
Olaf N.
Cosmetics, Unspecified
May 23, 2015

“Great tool”

OverallI'm sending up to 4 campaigns every week and I usually I'm setting all the campaigns at once. It's really easy to do it in FreshMail. Also I can easily compare the results of my campaigns. Reporting system is really detailed and easy to read. Also I appreciate the Code Inspector as sometimes it helps you to avoid the problems with HTML. I don't understand autoresponders are divided by names - for me it's confusing. I'd like to have the possibility to select the options later than at the very beginning. However, I think that this system has high standards.
ProsI like the ability to design exactly what I can see in my head with FreshMail Designer. It took me about 30 min of playing around with it before I was comfortable but that's no big deal. You can customize everything and even simple designs still look good.
ConsNot much, perhaps the fixed steps for campaign creation. You can't start with selecting template for example.
May 23, 2015
Conrad W.
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 30, 2017

“I send a lot of emails. Regular newsletter, mailings and autoresponders. Sometimes things go wrong a”

OverallI own an agency that sends emails for clients. We are happy that all emails display correctly on different devices, so we don't need to put much work into design.
ProsVery intuitive tool, I didn't need much time to master it. Also customer support is very responsive and prompt.
Cons
Dale G.
Marketing Manager
Music, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2018

“Great User Interface, Not So Great Everything Else”

OverallDue to the server issues, we did move on from Freshmail to Mailchimp, but I wouldn't say Freshmail is all that bad, they just need to do a little housekeeping, tidy up those servers and consider making English the first language of the business.
ProsThe thing that attracted me to Freshmail's email marketing platform was that, to me, it seemed to give more flexibility in terms of getting creative with the interface than other alternatives such as Mailchimp. The templates seem to have more personality and, design-wise allowed a greater level of creative freedom.
ConsHere's the problem - I just don't think Freshmail has the cleanest servers. Unfortunately, we had issues with emails being marked as spam and had difficulties with the Freshmail customer service team in resolving this. Also, there were a few language barriers at times as they are based out of Poland and you'd find the software having random splashes of Polish now and then.
October 1, 2018
Siobhan A.
April 6, 2018

“Really gorgeous email marketing software”

ProsIf you're a design junkie and want really beautiful branded emails, ditch Mailchimp and get this. Drop and drag design, multiple easy ways to import mailing lists, good stats and recommendations on how to get more opens and actions. Just great.
ConsLittle bit pricey once you exceed the free plan, although in line with Mail chimp and other big names. Sometimes buggy and looses edits if your Internet connection is unstable and not much option to design offline.
April 6, 2018
Helen M.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
September 2, 2015

“Great autoresponders”

OverallYou pay for the amount of sent messages which is perfect for small retailers. Autoresponders can help you to reorganize your communication.
ProsIt took me a while before I was brave enough to try some of the advanced features like autoresponders but once I did I saw how easy they are to set up. Can't believe I didn't do it earlier! Thanks to autoresponders you can set up the message once and it will be sent each time another customer will buy a selected product or click onto a given link.
ConsIt's not fully marketing automation yet.
September 2, 2015
Matylda C.
Content Specialist
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
August 5, 2018

“Simple email marketing tool with great analytics”

ProsI really like how easy it is to track the results of your email campaigns - their analytics feature is a big plus! It is also easy to A/B test stuff which - as a marketer - I find very helpful.
ConsIt is not the most intuitive email marketing tool to use as it simply lacks at least some of the essential features like the ability to pause and edit your email campaigns once they've been scheduled to go out (now you need to email them to pause them).
August 5, 2018
Luca H.
501-1000 employees
October 23, 2016

“Good tool for new business development”

OverallFreshMail is a great professional system for newsletters at a good price. I've been using it for almost a year and I haven't had any problems yet. It's simple to use I think a kid could get the hang of it.
ProsThe price is very reasonable. Customer support available 24-7. Nice looking campaign reports in real time.
ConsI've had problems logging in to the system when they run updates.
Vito K.
October 23, 2016

“Great support than I can count on day or night”

OverallI moved to FreshMail after using Mailchimp for a bit. I'm using a free account now since my subscriber base is rather small. The thing I like most is the great selection of templates they have and the intuitive process for everything. They have great testing options as well and lots of help in making your message in a way that will avoid spam filters. Advanced database segmentation lets me deliver very targeted content to my subscribers. And the customer support is really helpful and professional. I just wish that I could share templates with coworkers using the free version but apparently you can do that in paid version. When my subscriber base gets there, I'll move up to it.
Erica P.
Internet, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 5, 2018

“Intuitive newsletter tool”

ProsWith FM I can make my communication with contractors easily and automatically. I have design tools, beautiful free mailing templates, autoresponders. I pay only for sent messages - very good for small businesses. It has very good statistics, so I can analyse almost everything such as reads, clicks, signouts etc. Everything in cloud. ... great!!
ConsI do not see any weaknesses of this software yet
December 5, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“Easy emailing creator”

ProsThis app is for me really easy emailing creator - both on the template and on my own imagination. I like also automate my emails campaign.
ConsSometimes I have a problem with setting any function because it is difficult to find ...
August 22, 2019
Hadley K.
July 4, 2017

“Great price for the value. The system is easy to learn and to set up”

ProsSegmentation, autoresponders, personalization and email testing. Great campaign editor, very intuitive.
ConsMore direct integrations! I am able to go around it with Zapier but it takes more time to set up. Apart from that good
July 4, 2017
Alex R. H.
Pest control technician
Accounting, 11-50 employees
June 8, 2015

“Impressive newsletter templates design”

OverallDefinately worth its price! I started from using the free account - which is time unlimited - just to test the possibilities and I liked it enough to switch from the other email marketing platform that i was using. Most of all the features or easy to use and thanks to guidelines in the system it's easy to learn why and what you should do send a successful campaign. I also like the range of free responsive templates that you can use - it's a real inspiration.
ProsFree and time-unlimited trial account.
ConsPhone support available only for paid accounts.
June 8, 2015
Michal L.
Business Development Manager
April 5, 2018

“Very good email marketing platform.”

ProsVery easy to use. Vera affordable. A lot fo features. Very intuitive for users. Easy to set up and strat using.
ConsNo webinar module, which compared to getresponse is a problem. But if you don't need webinars it's ok.
April 5, 2018

Alex P.
Sales and Marketing Manager
June 4, 2015

“Great tool”

OverallThe after campaign reports are really good and easy to understand. I was a bit intimidated by them at first but once I understand what I was looking at, everything just kind of `clicked in my head. Understanding the reports made me feel like I was really making progress because you can see the stats behind every aspect of your campaign. The reports also give you motivation to do better next time because you feel like you need to get higher numbers every time.
June 4, 2015
Pawel S.
May 10, 2016

May 10, 2016
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 4, 2019

“Works well but does not bring added value in comparison to competiton”

ProsI have used FreshMail for a few weeks during testing period of multiple tools for newsletter and mailing management. It has all the essential functionalities but nothing that would make it outstanding.
ConsThe overall usability of the tool was slightly worse than for other tools we used. The visual editor was a little buggy, it was not smooth to prepare new templates using it (not the HTML, but just the basic visual one provided in the tool). The pricing is fair, but some of the competition have more included in basic/free accounts.
January 4, 2019
Krish M.
Ambassador
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2019

“Everything that I need in an Email client”

OverallPretty good for email campaigns and newsletters, however for naive users, might take some time to figure out the fundamentals and API usage, apart from that it's worth the money
ProsQuick responding methods and optimized conversations Love the automation and templates
ConsPlugins and integrations should be improved in terms of ease of installing them Make better documentation or tutorials for using the API
January 25, 2019
Matilda M.
March 15, 2016

“Great Overall Email Marketing Tool”

OverallI started using autoresponders in FreshMail not long ago. I set up a cycle of training videos for my customers and now I can just set it up once and forget about it - it's all automatic. The system management is really easy and you don't have to have advanced knowledge to do things like use link tags or read campaign reports.
Jessica B.
Creative Director
January 8, 2015

“The best newsletter editor”

OverallAfter having tried a number of newsletter editors of email marketing services - and found them always disappointing in terms of flexibility and design options - I stumbled upon http://freshmail.com and finally got what I need. It lets create stunning templates with a simple and neat drag&drop editor.
January 8, 2015
Leon A.
PR specialist
September 24, 2015

“Easy to use and lots of cool advanced features”

OverallI really like FreshMail's advanced reporting system with campaign results. In the system I used before, I was never sure how to analyze my metrics. Now I can export the campaign data and put together cool reports for the boss man!
September 24, 2015
David V.
November 26, 2016

“Save Your Money/Time”

OverallService is terrible. It was easy to set up and use until one day they randomly deactivated my account. I tried for 3 weeks to get this fixed. 3 Weeks is way too long to fix my email service. I went back to Aweber, service is much better. If you run into an issue with Freshmail they are terrible. Go use another email service other than Freshmail.
ProsThe templates are great and easy to set up.
ConsService is horrid and slow. Especially for this day and age.
Recommendations to other buyersSave your time and do not use them, ever.
November 26, 2016
Natalia C.
December 13, 2018

“Easy marketing for everyone.”

ProsIf have to make campaigns this solution can make it fast and effective. I think it's best tool for every business.
ConsMaybe FreshMail is too expensive solution and you can find other tool which is cheaper and do great job.
December 13, 2018
Conrad W.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
June 7, 2016

“Best customer service”

OverallIt's really easy to work with the system - the templates are great and I had no problem creating very good looking campaigns. Also, it's great there is a phone support available - these guys are really helpful with any issues.
ProsCustomer service and the template designer.
ConsSometimes system works slow.
June 7, 2016
Tomasz W.
Client Service Director
Research, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2016

“Really good value”

OverallFreshmail gives You really good value. Every time we have to deal with huge mailings we use freshmail as our mailing service provider
ProsValue for money