Timeneye Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5

About Timeneye

Timeneye is a simple and intelligent time-tracking tool, which is helping small/medium companies to track their team productivity levels, but it is also perfect for freelancers. If you need instant productivity boost, achieved through ultimate simplicity, Timeneye is the very-easy-to-use tool that you are looking for. Timeneye will help you to boost your personal and group productivity in no time, making it look almost effortless. Learn more about Timeneye

Renan S.
WordPress Specialist
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
July 9, 2019

“Great time tracking tool for freelancers”

OverallWhen I became self employed I learnt quickly I needed a tool to track my time and I compared different solutions to find a good match. Really sometimes you don't need to spend a lot, you don't even need to spend at all. For me it was the best match for my freelance activities. I use Timeneye almost every days and I am really satisfied - I even advised some mates to use it too.
Pros- It works as a Chrome extension which for me is really handy as I more or less always use Chrome for work - You can create and manage projects for all your clients or different activities/tasks. I think the setup options for projects is a golden mean between too much complex and too much simple - I use mainly the browser extension or the website but sometimes I can use the mobile app to update tasks on the go or if I forgot to stop a task by instance and I do appreciate it is possible then. - I like you have no real limitation as a solo user with the free version, I don't use it as part of a team. - You can get reports of your tracked time, nice graphics to visualize how you spend your days/weeks/months. - Timeneye offers many integrations with plenty of other apps - I don't use these features that much, sometimes with Trello by instance.
ConsThe app is not automatic, I mean you start a task and you end a task manually. I know some other apps works automatically and track "everything" from your computer to understand what you are doing.
July 9, 2019
Bruno C.
IT Service Engineer
Individual & Family Services, Self-employed
August 2, 2019

“I'm in control of my own life time now”

OverallSince I started to use to control my own working and studying time, I became more productive, more in control and I'm managing my time and I am more aware of HOW Much time each task last, becoming even a better leader and manager.
ProsUsing only the free option I'm tracking the hours that I work by myself. I use to control how many hours I'm spending on each project for each customer, and how many hours I'm studying for my Master, I'm controlling the number of hours I work and study each day, week, month, etc. The Android app AND the web app are both very easy and beautiful to use.
ConsI can't complain about this software. It's just working perfectly for me.
August 2, 2019
Joshua S.
Software developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
December 6, 2016

“I love everything about it! Quite honestly, exactly what I need.”

OverallI've been using it for personal use (not part of a team) for just over a year now, and I've never found anything that suits my needs so well and so effectively. It's blazingly easy and quick to make projects, start up timers, and get back to work without needing to devote a lot of time to using the tool rather than doing the work that it's timing. I love the reports, and I love the at-a-glance visualizations on the dashboard for how I've spent my time over the last 7 days, or whatever other time interval I might be interested in. I've opened a few support tickets during me time using Timeneye and they've been responded to quickly and cordially, and if there was a bug in the software, it was fixed equally quickly.
ProsEase of use: very easy to get set up and going and get to work. I love the reports/visualizations.
ConsSometimes there are issues when using both the mobile app and web interface, but that's about it.
Recommendations to other buyersJust try it! It's free, and highly effective.
Fabiana D.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
May 23, 2018

“Excellent tool for time tracking ”

OverallWe have been able to work with clients that hire us by hour. We have plenty of projects and tasks that we charged by hour and with Timeneye we can send a exhaustive report to every client about the time spent in every task and every project.
ProsWhat I most like of Timeneye is its ease of use. This software do what I really need: track billable hours and generate great reports about the time spent by client and by project. The interface is clean and simple and the Google Chrome extension is a great add-on. Also, you can configure how you would like to view your dashboard.
ConsThe least I like about Timeneye is that the timer some times stops automatically even when I'm still working on it. Also, I really don't see any usefulness about the daily task suggestions .
May 23, 2018
Christine C.
Chief Editor & Project Coordinator
Publishing, Self-employed

“Excellent time-tracking tool”

OverallThis is the best time tracker that I've tested out. I appreciate being able to add new tasks/projects so easily, and the iPhone app allows me to use it whether I'm in my office or on the go. The reports are likewise handy, as is the functionality of tying it into various other programs/apps and project management tools. The one drawback is that certain features are only available as Chrome extensions, and not everyone uses Chrome.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsNeeding to use Chrome extensions for some of the functionality.
Recommendations to other buyersNot right now!
Karol Z.
Designer/Developer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
December 12, 2016

“Easily track your work”

OverallBefore I started using timeneye I never really knew how much time I was spending on each task. It was hard for me to estimate how long it took to create a website or how much time I spent on replying to e-mails. Now it became so natural to me that I can't see myself ever going back. It's very easy to use, the core functionality is easily accessible from the dashboard and the more advanced, additional features are hidden in the sidebar. One of the side effects of tracking your work is being able to see and compare how much time you've worked in the past weeks and months. Thanks to being able to see it I feel motivated to try to work at least as much in the current time period. So for me it's not really just a mare tool to track time, but also a major motivator and contributor to my success as a creative. P.S. Although the team version is subscription based, the single user version is free.
December 12, 2016
Brian W.
ui ux expert
Graphic Design, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 23, 2019

“Overview”

OverallKnowing to organize projects and time.
ProsVery clean Design. Simple to use. Trello sync nicely
Consthe onboarding was not so good, I didn't understand perfectly. Need a video tutorial explaining the main features to use. The roles were difficult to find and understand. when started is very important is missing.
June 23, 2019
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
May 29, 2019

“One of the best time tracker for trello.”

ProsTimeneye does its job perfectly. It is a nice easy to use time tracker. The calendar visualisation shows everything in front of me. It is quite easy to use. Team time spending status is just nice. I can quickly see who is working on a project and who is not. As a standalone time management system it pretty functional. Zipher integration solves my task importing problems. But there are lots of integration possible.
ConsI really didn't use it as standalone but with trello. So I will update when I use timneye as standalone.
May 29, 2019
Sean L.
Social Media Manager/Marketing & End-User Support
Internet, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Great for our freelance writers and coders ”

OverallThe overall experience has been fantastic, the freelancers like having the ability to track using a mobile app. I like that they can track it in a way they prefer which to me means more accurate tracking. You can't beat the price.
ProsThis has been a great addition to the software we use for time management. We have a collection of freelancers who write for our blog as well as coders. We prefer to keep them separate from our regular employees. The only reason we actually went through with it is that this solution was so inexpensive.
ConsHonestly, there isn't really much to dislike. It's so inexpensive that what could we possibly complain about. It does exactly what we need and the price is right.
January 9, 2019
Matt H.
Public Policy, Unspecified
June 6, 2018

“Great Asana Integration + Nice UX + Good Reporting ”

OverallStraightforward timetracking
ProsInitially discovered from its Asana integration - this was the selling point that got us started to track time out of Asana. At least at time of our selection, we felt it had the best Asana integration versus its peers (maybe that has changed?). Really like the Chrome extension. Great reporting and ability to customize your time tracking (example - I have a sub category that tracks between "planning" and "execution" so I can measure the nature of my time usage)
ConsThe Android mobile app that I use is decent, not perfect. Our use case is pretty straightforward so we haven't encountered many limitations at all.
June 6, 2018
Julio T.
Digital Art Director
Automotive, Unspecified
December 6, 2016

“Easy and Convenient way of tracking jobs and tasks”

OverallI'm a freelance designer and love this app and their online support. I use every day to track multiple jobs I usually work on, at the end of the week, I can run reports giving me a detailed view of all tasks performed. It's just great!
ProsEasy to use.
ConsIt does not time stamp your start and stopping.
Recommendations to other buyersI would love to see the time I start a task and the time I finished, it would be great to have this option.
Nikki U.
Client Services Manager
June 13, 2018

“Great for tracking time, running reports, and a great tool for estimating our fees.”

ProsI like the new interface design and there are many different options for reports. It helps us to see how much time we're spending on individual projects and determining our fees based on that data.
ConsSometimes things are hard to find, but the customer support is very thorough and helpful. I had trouble locating a report after an update and the customer service team was quick to help me find where to export what I needed.
June 13, 2018
Quintin L.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

“Brilliant tool”

OverallTimeneye has been the perfect tool for tracking time on multiple projects, managing time against budget, and reporting monthly to a range of clients. I highly recommend it, and am pleased we found it after searching many different tools on the market. So easy to use. Thanks to the team who run it!
ProsEasy to use, perfect for tracking multiple consulting projects. Great reporting.
ConsThe app design needs updating for Android, but still works fine. Functionality across the board is great!
Publishing, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Helps track what we can't always see!”

OverallTimeneye gives us the stats we need-straight to the point!
ProsTimeneye helps us keep track of hours on the clock, and helps analyze that time to find how productive we are. Being that I'm not a numbers person, or a timely person, this is a huge help!
ConsIf you use the mobile and desktop simultaneously, things can get "glitchy". Stick to one or the other, though, and you'll be fine!
January 24, 2019
Derek S.
Lead Designer
Design, 11-50 employees
June 15, 2017

“Great program for time and (simple) project management!”

ProsI like how user-friendly and feature-filled the program is. I also really like that the program is free!
ConsMy least favorite thing about this program is that it does not link up with the other services I use (such as JIRA and Codebase).
June 15, 2017
Adam T.
SAP Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self-employed
December 6, 2016

“Very simple and intuitive tracking system”

OverallI'm freelancer from Poland. I have been using Timeneye for 1 year. I use Timeneye for tracking my projects and tasks for different clients. Reporting functionality is all you need in few clicks. New interface is intuitive and extremely convenient. In comparison to other solutions, Timeneye, in my opinion, is currently the best for freelancers on the market. I tried competitive tracking systems and I stayed with Timeneye
Pros- intuitive interface - all necessary tools for effective tracking - timers
Cons- mobile app needs some improvements
Clayton C.
May 29, 2018

“Timeneye is the bomb. Hands down best time tracking software I've used to date.”

ProsTimeneye is clean, simple, and very intuitive. It is constantly getting updated and made better. Great user interface.
ConsThe thing I'm looking forward to most is a native Mac app. I like to have native apps as much as possible which it doesn't have yet.
May 29, 2018
Education Management, 1-10 employees
May 31, 2019

“Time tracker and detailed reports for my Projects.”

ProsTimeneye has seriously some report. I like how simply I can create a report for my project based on various inputs like work time, most time-consuming task, etc. A real gem in my software collection. If I standalone use timeneye it has the ability to do everything, but my team use trello which has unlimited member integration. I started using timeneye as a trello time tracker, but after discovering all the features this offers I am impressed, and now use user management. Set up is easy as their "onboarding" shows everything onscreen and how to set up.
ConsThe default calendar shows everything. If it revels when mouse over them would be better. I hope they listen to me.
April 30, 2019

“Best time management solution with a lot of integration options.”

ProsSimple time management for trello. I like the way this works with another project management for logging the time. From registering to start logging the time it took about 3min in total. Chrome browser extension does help to log all type of online activity which is great. Now my mail, chat, meeting and other activity will be available to review. The reporting system is also a great option which enables to improve my spending time which got unseen. Logging everything helps to prioritize my tasks and see which is the best time to do it.
ConsWhen I manually add time, I cannot start the timer on this task which is needed for my case.
April 30, 2019
May 31, 2019

“Missing time tracking feature of trello.”

ProsI primarily use this with trello, which timely makes my favorite again. I used some of the time tracking software lately but timeneye is the simple and best of them. One-click trello integration makes my day. After signing up setting up is easy. UI is beautiful and simple. There is not much-layered UI so no more finding options. Time tracking has all the basic features I need, tracking, manual adjustments, and editing. The reporting is just ok not very high quality or customizable but does the job
ConsI didn't find any big defect of this application it does decent tracking and reporting and I am happy with it.
Victor H.
Infrastructure Virtualization Engineer
Internet, Self-employed
December 6, 2016

“Great app with great value”

OverallI'm a freelancer since June and I needed an app that's available on different platforms, is easy to use, has a lot of features I need and it's cheap. Timeneye is free for 1 single user and it had all the features I wanted and probably even more. I can't complain, and I already recommended it to some of my friends. Thanks!!!
ProsFeatures and Features/Cost ratio
Consumm... didn't find one :)
Recommendations to other buyersKeep it clean!
Krzesimir O.
Graphic Designer
December 6, 2016

“Excellent and easy to use”

OverallWorks perfectly for my needs, whether tracking billable hours or free-time work. Great for office use, but also everyday activities.
Recommendations to other buyersChoosing project for tracking could be a little bit more intuitive
Jay A.
Creative Director

“Simple Time Tracking”

OverallWorks really well for my freelance business. This app was the easiest to use out of the five or so I tried and it makes tracking your time a snap. My two favorite features are the chrome extension and the ability to auto save entries at a certain time. Highly recommended for a simple time tracker.
ProsSimplicity
ConsArchiving a project takes more steps than I would like.
August 30, 2019

“Manage time efficiently.”

OverallI love how they provide free for the solo user, it's the best way to manage time for my freelance work.
ProsI lost a lot of time on work, which timely shows how to control and save for others. I have a really hard time to manage time so I start looking for a lot of time management solutions, found one of the bast timely. Managing and then billing for spend time on a client is really a great solution. As a freelancer, it is really all that I need. The reports help me to create a plan on how to manage my time
ConsFor me it is perfect, and with all feature activated it is just awesome time management and reporting software.
August 30, 2019
Amy C.
June 9, 2017

“Great time tracker for any size business”

ProsFree to use Calendar view is great for organization I love the pause and start buttons. Generates great reports and easy to export timesheets.
ConsNo plan ahead feature so that you can remind yourself of work that needs to be done later but other then that, no complaints.
June 9, 2017
Fabien B.
Head of Design
Design, 1001-5000 employees
December 6, 2016

“Nice tool that improves most bulky corporate apps”

OverallI find Timeneye very easy to use and the team is always very responsive to new requests and support needs. It's a huge improvement from the poor UX of better known corporate apps that are just way too cumbersome.
ProsEase of use, learning curve, UX, look&feel
ConsUp until a recent version, I would have said color customization but it's better now
Education Management, 1-10 employees
May 25, 2019

“Another simple and powerful time tracking software.”

OverallI am using to try how it goes with my main project management application trello, and it performs fine. It doesn't offer new but did the job very simple.
ProsA simple and powerful companion for trello. I like how simple and sorted this application is. After I register it shows how can I use their app with a tutorial video. A chrome extension is really good for not only use with trello but individual browsing and also taking track of my mail and fb activity.
ConsI didn't find any cons for this application except trello integration should be better.
May 25, 2019
Krystal B.

“Makes life easier”

OverallI've been using Timeneye for about 6 months to track how I spend time on various projects. I wear a number of hats and at the end of each semester, I am required to report on how I spent my time. Up to now, I've done that by reviewing my calendar and emails and then guessing about how it all fell out. This process typically took me at least an afternoon to complete, if not longer and if anyone had questions, I had no backup. This time around, the process was amazingly easy. I was able to pull the report and see the breakout in just a few minutes. Tracking my time using Timeneye took me about an hour to set up as I thought through what I wanted to track and the level of granularity. Once my categories were set up, it's very simple to use. Just click on the plus sign, select the right project, and go. I love that I can quickly turn timers off and on as needed.
Steve C.
Internet, Self-employed
June 7, 2017

“Timeneye works simply to keep track of all my billable hours”

OverallSimple tracking of billable hours
ProsThe program is easy to use and it is simple to view reports. Keeping track of clients, projects and tasks is easy to do and very intuitive.
ConsI wish the chrome extension did a better job of remembering my password. I have to log in every time I access the icon in my toolbar.
June 7, 2017
Jenna B.
Design, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 22, 2018

“Good time tracker”

ProsIt does what you need it to do- track your time. I think there's a better way to see reports of people's time though.
ConsThe reporting- being able to access and get reports of projects and members in a better way
December 22, 2018
Angela W.
VP, Finance, HR and Events
June 21, 2018

“Great product that is easy to use”

ProsIt allows you to create a lot of subcategories and really take time tracking to a detailed level that is easy to report out.
ConsI haven't found any cons about this software. It does take a tour around the product to use it the first time.
June 21, 2018
Jingwei D.
Engineer
May 4, 2018

“Great for resource tracking!”

ProsThis software helps me visualize where my time is going everyday and make sure that I'm spending the right amount of time on things that are most important for my team. It also has great trending and reporting functions that allow for tracking across time ranges and teammates.
ConsThere is no automatic backup so when one of our important projects was deleted there was no way to recover the lost data.
May 4, 2018
Laura A.
August 27, 2015

“Best time tracking software for freelancers”

OverallI was looking for a free and easy to use time tracking software and found Timeneye. It has got everything I need to keep track of my projects and export reports for my clients: I absolutely love the billing hours feature as it's vital for me to know how much I am earning. I am really happy with all the integration that Timeneye has: I am using Basecamp and Wunderlist for my projects and I can now track time directly from them. The only downside is: the interface could be better. I love how it is now but I don't feel very comfortable with the colors they are using. Major PRO: It's FREE!

By Timeneye on August 27, 2015
Thanks Laura. We are currently reviewing our roadmap as many of our customers suggested new features and improvements. I'd like to invite you to contact us at support@timeney.com for any feedback you may have.
August 27, 2015
Sudeep A.
Language Analyst
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
January 8, 2019

“Great for managing multiple assignments”

ProsIt's really good, and it's best feature perhaps is Asana integration, but with other software as well. It is very easy to use. The Chrome extension is quite useful too. Perfect for freelance work!
ConsIt sometimes has some or the other issues with Chrome, but their team tries to resolve the issues quickly. The app is a little bit glitchy, and I don't use it anymore.
January 8, 2019
Bart K.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
December 6, 2016

“Great help to keep track of my time”

OverallIs use Timeneye to keep track of all my time spent on my clients and my company management. It's very easy to use and gives me all the features I need to keep track of my billable efforts. I can even do the follow up of the billing process. Never been more helped by a time tracking too before (and I tried lots of them...)
ProsThe simplicity of use and the many features.
Recommendations to other buyersThe best time tracking software I have ever used.
Trish P.
Interior design
Design, 1-10 employees

“Review from BC ”

OverallThis has been a lifesaver. It is easy to use and has helped so much with tracking time and creating accurate invoices. Definitely recommend
Lindsey J.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
December 11, 2016

“Juggling Multiple Jobs”

OverallAs a consultant I always have several projects I'm working on at once. Timeneye helps me more accurately track my time for billing purposes.
Prosfree, easy to use
Consautomatically stops timers in the evening (typically when I work)
December 11, 2016
Robyn W.
Consultant
Computer Software, Self-employed
December 7, 2016

“Great tool to enhance productivity”

OverallTimeneye is convenient and intuitive, helping me to stay organized for my month end billing. The daily reminders help ensure that I always remember to update my time. Reports are good and easy to use.
Prosintuitive, easy
December 7, 2016
Taylor B.
Designer

“Timeneye review”

OverallI freelance and use Asana, and Timeneye is perfect for keeping track of my time by project and client.
ProsCan organize by project and client, and can set time budgets broken up into phases, which I can then track time from Asana into the corresponding phase.
ConsThe only thing I can think of is suggested time chunks to track. This may be useful for someone with a more rigid schedule, but not for me. Not a big deal though.
Recommendations to other buyersI love that it is free for one person, and the user interface is one of the best I've seen.
Katarzyna M.

“Amazing adventure!”

OverallI started using Timeneye a few months ago because of my friend, who told me that it was a great tool to solve my problems with the organising of time. And it is really true! I can organize all my duties in one place, look at my schedule, see how much time I spend on these things and improve my day. I am very grateful for Timeneye.
Jason C.

“Keeps me on track!”

OverallTimeneye has been an absolute asset to keeping track of where all my time goes on my various projects, and easily lets me see how it breaks down with their reports. One of my favourite features is being able to prescribe time on certain projects, meaning I can stop myself after working for 2 hours on an item - an asset for a freelancer like myself.
Kera C.
December 16, 2016

“Great Product! Does exactly what I need it to!”

OverallI have loved this time tracking software. It was the only one I could find that would allow me to put in a budgeted amount of time and track against that. It has helped me get a day by day idea of where I am at with my projects and if we are going to get them done in the quoted hours. I would totally recommend this product!
Brittany T.

“Happy Timeneye Customer!”

OverallI have used Timeneye for my contractors as an integration with Asana. Works like a charm and it helps me to understand the time/money spent per contractor and operational area of our company. That information informs streamlining tasks, projects, and performance objectives.
Gerald N.

“Timecard Taxi”

OverallI have been very satisfied just would like a heads up prior to updates. The reports are great and very useful.
ProsFlexible
ConsNeeds to track my calendar for more than a week.
Recommendations to other buyersNot at this time
Steve C.
December 6, 2016

“Simple time tracking for small projects ”

OverallI'm a self-employed web developer and need to keep track of the time I spend on various projects each month. Timeneye works for me and makes billing customers easier at the end of the month.
Clementine A.

“Simple and efficient”

OverallI use it with chrome and trello extension and it's great although I'd like to have a preset activity: for example this trello card have this activity
Ryan H.
December 6, 2016

“Easy to use and great integrations ”

OverallI love using this app to track time on projects. It's got great integration with ASANA and ease of reporting so I can transfer it to my company's Billing System.
Eugene S.

“Good for simple BI”

OverallGood and useful tool for simple and fast BI. Has some problems with online data updates. Desktop software is very good.