Rentals United Ratings

Overall

About Rentals United

Rentals United offers an intuitive platform that updates property information and automatically updates it across multiple listings sites. Connecting to 60+ channels, as well as 100+ technology providers, Rentals United provides reliable two-way connections, a scalable API and multiple distribution solutions. As the enterprise software used by 60% of the worlds top 20 property managers, Rentals United trusted partners include Airbnb, Booking, HomeAway, and Google. Learn more about Rentals United

Irene A.
Revenue & Pricing Manager
January 10, 2019

“Serviced Apartments Channel Manager ”

OverallPleased working with them, they will work on any issues rise but it takes just a little bit longer. They do come back with solutions and also suggestions. Overall the channel manager is working well with serviced apartments.
ProsDashboard provide information summary information such as how many properties, how many bookings and how many channels connected. There are more details display on total arrival, bookings the next 7 days and all bookings the past 30 days. Which is quite handy, to have a glance look if we need to search booking arrival within a week. On Services, Sales Channel, it displays all the channels which is connected and showing any listing errors Guest planner is a great overview for bookings and you can search bookings on it as well. On My Bookings, we can filter bookings based on arrival or when the booking is made and also from certain channel, confirmed or cancelled bookings, this information can be exported to Excel file On my properties, if you work with ResHarmonics, then any data loaded in resharmonics for the properties will be transferred to RU on this page. Where we can view the property page as guest and the link can be sent to guests where they can check the rates and also make the booking from the link
ConsCan't delete or hide the past sales channel even though we are no longer working with them There is no error notification sent back to us by RU if the rates or LOS sent to OTA failed. Expedia and Booking.com has maximum 28 days booking window and if by mistakes we send an update, where there is a minimum 3 nights on certain dates and remaining length of stay is 30 days. This update will fail in nights restrictions,but rates will be updated and the minimum nights will revert back to 1 night in Expedia as they don't accept more than 28 days LOS. Reporting errors, we need to fill the forms online, which takes more time then sending an email to support. It would be easier if we could send an email to support team and auto email response created the case number instead of fillings all the questionnaire. Support team is great, but it does take time for them to come back and help to rectify the error. You will hear the response within 72 hours since the case is raised
Sam S.
August 17, 2018

“Getting us connected”

OverallOverall I am happy with Rentals United and think it is good value for money. Like everything, you need to invest some of your own time to get what you want out of it. I have a good working relationship with my account manager and I hope it lasts a lot longer too with a positive output for us.
ProsRentals United is a great way to connect to channels to get your inventory out to the masses. It is pretty easy to use but then I integrated via our booking software which saved a huge amount of time. I could imagine it being pretty heavy having to load each individual property if you have a portfolio of 10 or more properties. As I am a small agency with 33 properties, I am assigned an account manager and we have fortnightly calls to make sure all is running as it should be. If there are issues in between those calls, you can raise a support ticket which normally gets answered within 48 hours.
ConsWe struggled initially to get our software and RU to work seamlessly together on rates and restrictions but now that is all sorted, it's very easy. For those needing to load rates manually, there is no 'clone' tool to use the same rate periods for your properties on your portfolio but then adjust rates which makes it a laborious task when you need to enter the same rate periods over and over for multiple properties. We still have an ongoing issue where the balance due date on HomeAway integrations gives the day of arrival which is not what we want so we basically risk confusing the guest and refer them to the T&Cs they should read when booking via HomeAway which states balance payments are 8 weeks before arrival date. Rentals United say they will fix this but it's not imminent. It can be tough to speak to someone if there is an urgency to your requirement but overall, I have not had a nervous breakdown because of it!
August 17, 2018
Bre L.
Admin Assistant/ Short Term Rental Agent
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2018

“Read This Review ... It will save you time and money”

ProsWorking with Rentals United has been great. I have had anywhere from 8-21 properties live and connected to multiple channels at any one time. I have personally worked with other property management companies, none of which have been able to handle the load and capacity in which we needed. The programming runs very smoothly and when ever I have had questions or concerns, Customer support (my contact at Rentals United), was immediately responsive and helpful. Every single time I had a question, she responded swiftly with information that answered what ever my question was. If she did not know the answer to my question she would immediately track down someone who would be able to help me. There was never a delay in her reply, and her attitude was always upbeat and focused on her client (Me). This made me feel very taken care of, as a customer. From what I have noticed, the customer service team at Rentals United works very much as a full on support team, so even if you have one person dedicated to helping you, you actually have a full team of support behind that one person.
ConsThere was two times in the past 7 months where there was a site outage. I believe that it was for less than an hour each time ( don't quote me on this it may have been less). The only thing I didn't like was the amount of time between the outage and the email to notify me. Although it was done pretty quickly, in the technological age we are in, we all want immediate actions/results. So if there was a way to make these come in, in real time that would be great. Other than that, my programming was completely unaffected by any outage. The support team was there to deal with my panic and everything continued to run smoothly.
September 27, 2018
Wil V.
Property Manager
February 2, 2017

“Sub-Optimal Channel Manager”

OverallThere were several missed cues early in the transition which is to be expected. However, when it occurred again (and again..)- I was told it was attributed to their partner and had nothing related to their service. After 5 months, I've opted to move to another channel partner. A big reason for my change was the lack of value for money. I relayed that I was transferring and closing my account due to the high costs associated (I was being charged a % of EVERY booking) and within 5 minutes, I received an email stating they just launched a 'fixed pricing plan just yesterday' and would I consider staying. Further, I've been told by their billing department I would be billed for all reservations transacted regardless if their system can no longer confirm that the guest had committed to a booking. For example, I would be held accountable the cost of a reservation made 8 months in advance, although the guest can still cancel. Really? Informed them, I would happily submit payment for confirmed arrivals up until the last day of the channel connection was still connect. Haven't heard back...
Conscost

By Rentals United on February 9, 2017
We¿re already in contact with Capterra regarding the removal of this review because it¿s full of untruths. Firstly we¿ve been in continuous contact with you regarding these missing payments and we¿re still waiting on you to respond to us, not the other way around. I¿ve also sent you three messages in the last 4 days without any response. Since you started working with us, you¿ve received a huge increase in bookings and revenue from our services so its hard to believe that this review was written in anything other than the frustration in you not being able to pull out of the contract that you happily signed with us. From the time we started working together, your account has increased 313% in bookings and 1200% in revenues but we still have a number of unpaid bills from you. I¿d like to suggest we avoid using public forums to voice any financial or contractual disputes and ask you to contact me directly on james@rentalsunited.com.
February 2, 2017
Jarry S.
Franchisee - Owner
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2018

“Outstanding Customer Service”

OverallWe recently resolved our problem on securing the payment and the double booking. The Customer Service in Rentals United is world-class and I never felt alone as I go through the process. The support staff helped me all throughout - from set-up to the actual operation. She was available all the time even thru chat/email/conference-calls for customer concerns. She gave me the resources where to find the info I need and was able to fix the problem. And this is raising the bar of Customer Service because in this fast changing world - people, human interaction, problem-solving, technology, and after sales service, matters. We should place customer service as a top priority that makes our products worthwhile. Profit should always be last as it follows when everything works fine!
ProsI work remotely as an assistant to a Property Manager who is also a Realtor. It's just the right app we needed to increase the revenue from the leased properties. Booking confirmations are pouring in, you just have to manage it well.
ConsYou just have to read rules and policies for each of the channels, and be subject to their rules. Other than that everything is fine!
August 29, 2018
Areti V.
May 27, 2018

“The worst experience ever! Don't trust them you will lose your money ”

OverallLess 600euro from my bank account
ProsFrom where to start & when to finish! It is one of the experiences that i don't want to deal any more. In order to push the sail i have been mis sold a product that is not even able to synchronize the channels that i have already been as a customer, because i needed to have at least 5 properties with RU (never mentioned before the purchase). The customer support is one of the worst, i have been promised that after i buy their service they will deal with everything and i will enjoy my free time! This never happened since I had to spend three times more time of what i used to! I am using Tripadvisor, booking.com, Airbnb & HomeAway for my properties - the chanel was able to chanel manage only 1 of them! YOU have to do all the settings on your own, they provide you some NON updated pdf files and they expect you to do all the settings for all the chanels. In case you do something wrong is very difficult to contact them immediately since they work from 8am - 6pm and they have weekends and bank holidays off (no chance for working people to contact them). The software is just rubbish - there is the option to bring external calendars from other channels and this is just decorative. It can show the correct availability for few hours but after that be prepared to stay awake the entire night in order to make corrections. I wasted my money to make them reacher!
ConsSince theys service was not functional i did request to add my fifth room for free or otherwise give me a refund! They executive decision did not accept to give the refund but charge me more for the fifth room. *The policy sais that you have the right to break the contract within 14 days - They booked my first appointment 7 days after i did the payment that unfortunately was canceled after the property manager was not medically feed to proceed with the introduction and rebooked it 3 or 4 days later. As you understand i didn't have much time to understand what rubish I have been sold. When i asked for refund the same property manager rejected my request since the 2 weeks past!!!??? Pls Do Not trust them - they can only successfully take your money and provide nothing more!

By Rentals United on June 22, 2018
Hi Areti I'm sorry you've had such a poor experience using Rentals United. Regretfully both Homeaway and Tripadvisor have a 5 property minimum requirement when a customer coming from either a channel manager or PMS. Our sales people are advised to inform all potential customers this information. During this period and also during the on-boarding schedule, it's made very clear that we are a software as a service. meaning that we do not do all the work for you and our rates reflect this. It requires work by you to ensure your properties can go live which is why we set a 30 day introduction & training period. I would be happy to start your contract from today with the intention of getting you live in those channels you can work with through us. We have many happy clients working with us and our platform generates 1000's of bookings. Please contact me directly at james@rentalsunited.com and I'd be happy to help. Thanks
May 27, 2018
John A.
CEO/Founder
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
June 23, 2017

“Rentals United is terrific, we are very happy with their dedication and service!”

OverallYou get rich data integration with several dozen listing sites, including the "major" ones like Booking.com, AirBnB, Expedie, HomeAway/VRBO, etc. Set rates once in your own dashboard, and it propagates automatically to all listing sites (that alone is worth their very reasonable price). Bookings appear automatically in your dashboard, along with guest contact info., amounts, etc. Their system is real-time, and transactional, so no double-bookings. Really, what's not to love?
ProsInnovation, plus predictable, flat pricing model. Response time is excellent, and we have many clients reporting very good results from their experience with Rentals United. We appreciate their dedication to perfecting their products and service.
June 23, 2017
Joseph I.
June 17, 2019

“Rentals United + YESBOOKIT PMS”

Pros1. Straight forward easy to use 2. Synchonisation with YESBOOKIT is getting better
Cons1 Mapping is a little messy. I think you should be able to do this from the property rather than the channel. i.e. select your property and right click connect to all available channels. 2. Ability to hide channels that are not applicable 3. Errors need to be emailed 4. More Synchonisation 5. Ability to have more complex rate strucures
Anna S.
Channel Management Lead
October 5, 2017

“Some struggles at first but good support”

ProsThere are good consistencies between the platforms, so what could be extremely confusing is made simpler. Our account manager (and connectivity manager who helps with a lot of issues too) have been very helpful and informative, explaining processes when we're doing something new, patient when there have been issues and overall very good to work with, despite some early teething issues as we got used to the platform.
ConsThere have been some issues e.g. with billing, or waiting on payouts for bookings. Some platforms have better or worse connections with RU which drastically affects our workload and how we function with the platforms. When there's an issue e.g. with calendars they are usually quite quick to respond, however the answer is quite often that they can't help, which is frustrating but understandable when the issue didn't originate in RU.
October 5, 2017
Stephen B.
Co - proprietor
Hospitality, Self-employed
September 10, 2019

“Channel Manager with large number of channels and great support”

OverallI have used software and cloud based services from a variety of sources and Rentals United has been the best onboarding experience for any service of that type, with excellent account management and determined technical support.
ProsIt is easy to use and provides a good summary of data on the most important aspects of rental accommodation booking in a well summarised format. The user interface for many of the rental sales sites for short term rentals is not good in many cases, using Rentals United I could avoid them.
ConsIt is good software, just the smaller rental sales sites that they allow you to connect to are not good marketing channels for smaller companies like us.
Annie S.
Hotelier
June 19, 2019

“Rentals United has been extremely useful in our business”

OverallI am not note most tech savvy person but our Key Account Manager is always available to provide more personal support when needed. This has been crucial for us to have had an additional person to communicate with.
ProsI love that the software is user-friendly and that they offer manuals specific for every channel connection. That guide helps immensely. Photo upload is simple, and updates are easy to make when needed. I also like that they personally email me to notify me of additional channels that may be beneficial to my business or other updates. The help desk is also quick to respond.
ConsThe live chat option has not been a supportive venue.
Edward H.
COO
May 13, 2018

“Overall great company, there are some part still can improve and grow together”

ProsMulti-channels,Quick support Good account manager (Ms Vivian ) The important part is system stable and a responsible account manager for our company
ConsForgive my directness, System error happened many times between Airbnb and Agoda. and sometimes B.com . This issue keeps happening it's very unfortunately seems the system is not very strong. Rental Unite need to connect to Chinese channel *C-trip* and Japanese channel* Rakuten and Jalan * will be more powerful in Asia marketing
May 13, 2018
Elizabeth v.
June 13, 2018

“Adding lodgings a technical headache. Expensive due to lack of support & slow channel connectivity.”

ProsQuick calendar syncing. There are lots of channels to choose from. Seems like company has good visions for the future, i.e. collaborating with bookings on google.
ConsPoor customer support. RU is located in Europe and it sometimes takes four to five days for any feedback. You can only communicate by email and the feedback is often impatient and condescending. Payment is upfront for an entire year and goes up dramatically when you add one lodging. The staff then offers minimum support to set up and sync these units with different channels. Notincreasinf revenue since implementing RU.
June 13, 2018
Laurent L.
Hospitality, Unspecified
April 18, 2018

“Great product with very efficient team for onboarding and support”

ProsVery easy to use, nice design, reliable, excellent support team The support team is the key employee for us ! He is details and customers oriented and has always find solutions for us. Definitely an amazing employee ! Key Account Manager is also very professional and helpful.
ConsThe process to multi connect our properties to OTAs could be easier sometimes as we get lost in the different ways... Would love to have one click button to multi connect ;-) and to bypass the administrative registrations. A more dynamic tool to set up prices could also be a great edge.
Milena V.
Vicepresident
1-10 employees
May 31, 2017

“Very good business partner”

OverallBookings from different partners that as a small company was difficult to work directly with them.
ProsThe account managers are great! Especially always very helpful! Always looking into any situation we bring to them. I like the channels
ConsServes often crashes, unable to look at reservations, cvc for credit cards missing. That's it! Solve that and you will be the bomb!!!!

By Rentals United on June 8, 2017
Hi Milena, thanks for your valuable feedback. We've made some optimisations especially to the reservations viewing page so hopefully you'll see an improvement there. If not, let me know. CVC codes are generally sent to us unless the customer doesn't provide it. I'm happy to talk about this when you're free.
May 31, 2017
Neal L.
Co-CEO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Amazing Customer Support!!”

OverallIt does what it's supposed to do as a channel manager. Workflows are clear and simple, yet detailed and well-thought out so you are easily led to your goals. It's been critical to my success transitioning to a career in hospitality.
ProsWhat makes RU exceptional is it's dedication to world-class customer support by its account reps. My rep is absolutely outstanding. With other companies, it is difficult to get dedicated reps on the phone, yet team is always checking on me, finding new ways to help grow my business and being patient when I'm behind. They made my experience with the software one that I'm truly grateful for.
ConsI wish there were more PMS features, but that's not really a fair complaint.
Lauren N.
Onboarding Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 1, 2019

“Very happy with Rentals United”

OverallWe have had a wonderful experience with Rentals United after 3 years of being with them.
ProsThe software itself is user friendly, and more importantly if any issues do come up, our market manager is always available and able to assist very quickly.
ConsThe only flaw I can see is sometimes specific fields required don't get pushed from Guesty, but it's a relatively easy fix that can be done manually in RU.
April 1, 2019
Debbie N.
August 12, 2018

“It's ok! ”

OverallI think it has alot of potential just needs to update dashboard, make more easier to add properties and fix sync issues. The site itself takes forever to load and this is using it from different locations, computers, etc..
ProsI have used rentals united for many years. It is ok, however their support team are great!
ConsDashboard not really user friendly, always syncing issues causing alot of overbookings especially on holiday/peak seasons
August 12, 2018
April 4, 2018

“Rentals United is a great tool that has opened so many doors for us!”

OverallPiece of mind because everything is synced with our PM system.
ProsWhat i like the most is that it does everything automatically and that they are good at keeping us in sync with our PM system. Overall we are satisfied with their program.
ConsWhat i like the least is that sometimes it can be very difficult to get in contact with them or get any kind of clarification or support in a timely manner.
April 4, 2018
Thom J.
Marketing Executive
February 21, 2018

“Rentals United cannot do enough for you”

OverallIncreased bookings from large platforms and the audiences they bring with them.
ProsWhen it works, it works really when and it can change your fortunes as it helps you connect to channels that you never dreamed you'd be able to manage. From our perspective, the prospect of a 300-strong property portfolio on just on these channels was daunting, but we are able to manage 10+ in a heartbeat.
ConsIt sometimes fails to catch up with the channels, so bookings are not tracked. Initial integration problems also but that was as much figuring out our complex CMS as it was an issue with RU. In general, whilst we have had issues, they have all now gone away and were dealt with very quickly.
February 21, 2018
Idan C.
Company director
February 13, 2019

“10/10 Recommend”

OverallRep from Rentals United gave me a VIP treatment consistently. She is so intelligent and kind and helped us in our new company with patience and expertise. I would like to recommend her and the company to anyone. I am very grateful to have worked with her. She is a true professional for me- helping to solve problems every week, sometimes every day.
ProsIt's a good software, connecting with Guesty. It's a pretty good setup and make sense once you work with it for a while as they complete each other and together are very powerful and smart. It takes a bit of time to learn, like anything useful in life.
ConsNothing really negative. Like everything in life it takes time to learn it. This is up to the user.
February 13, 2019
Karolina C.
Office Employee
November 30, 2018

“Powerfull channel manager, but withour any futures”

OverallI don't like them, but I need them...
ProsThey have integration with planty of booking channels, but general they focus on high number amount of integration not on important ones. They don't have integration with VRBO and Home Away, one of the most important channels on earth... Also, they are poor in tools and futures... With this high price they should be multi task app
ConsWhen something broke or I need some information, you wait ages for replay and sometimes you didn't get correct answer. I'm sick even when I think that I need help from support. Also they not polite and nice Integration, should be with more important channels
November 30, 2018
Dan J.
ceo Surfers Lounge
May 19, 2018

“Dont get your hopes up!”

OverallI learned that there is no software that can deliver a pms system that is able to setup completly centralized. And deliver automated to multible channels. This is the 4`th pms i setup and try. :-)
ProsThe idea of what it could have been. I think they have the right idea. but is so far from making it a streamlined reality. i hope they nail it in the future. seems like a good company that wants to do the right thing. Nice clean interface.
ConsIf you think you are about to experience an automated setup across diferent channels, you will be disapointed. when you have finished the rentals united setup, you have to setup each channel. and thats a hole lot of work. every channel is set up in some different ways. some channels (mayby many) wants you to go to the channels webpage and start a setup. it is complicated. so much so i wonder why i pay good for something i can setup on different channels myself and save the money. just using ical/api. i think that a pms where you can setup everything in one place, and reach countless channels is next to impossible to do, the easy way. There is so much difference, in how the channel platforms are setup. This is the fourth pms system i use. still looking for the ONE.

By Rentals United on May 29, 2018
Hi Dan Thanks for sending these comments through but I personally think that giving us a 1star review is tough given you're not actually a paying client of ours and you haven't actually used the platform. You're right in the fact that it requires work on your side to get online in the channels. We're very clear with our clients on this and during the two calls you had with our sales team, the process for connecting to the channels was clearly outlined to you. Our goal is to make the process as painless as possible and things are definitely improving. However as you correctly pointed out, each channel has their own process for contracting and on-boarding so it's a definite commitment on your side. The process for going live in some channels is quicker than others but we are very clear with our clients that it should take around 30 days to get you live in all your chosen channels. Hopefully you can consider using Rentals United in the future.
May 19, 2018
Debbie N.
December 14, 2017

“quick and easy”

Overallmore bookings.
Proschannel options are great easy to set up properties. George is always great and quick to attend to our needs. I use Rentals United for another company I work for and he has always been on top of, things.
ConsTakes too much time to load and save. Need more amenity choices maybe add check boxes to select amenities.
December 14, 2017
Gianluca C.
Engineer
September 10, 2019

“Waste of money - terrible customer support”

OverallIn vacation rental everyone wish to sell more using more channels. But is not always true. On Italian lakes after 2+ years I can say that the market is dominated by AirBnB + Booking.com. So you don't need the huge amount of channels proposed by RU. A good PMS connected with main channels is more than enough !!!!
ProsDon't exist !!! RU don't add anything to a good PMS apart connections. And if connections are not effective .... is a waste of time and money !!!!!
ConsTerrible customer support. Not Italian speaking (I speak English everyday but when I'm a customer I want someone speaking my own language) not skilled and no knowledge of vacatio rental business. Incredible but true!!! May be good technician ... but I'm not sure !!! REMEMBER: during your activity for sure something willl go wrong with technology and will be easy for you to lose in few days of malfunction more of what you are asked to pay for 1 year of subscription for RU service !!!! Customer support MUST be effective !!!! I suffered more than 4 overbooking in 3 months using 6 properties !!!!! because malfunctions!!!
Coburn S.
VP Of Operations
April 5, 2019

“5 Stars Rentals United!”

ProsHaving such an amazing tool that links our calendars together - our business would never be the same without Rentals United + Our amazing account manager.
ConsNothing about the software deserves the 'Cons'. All technology has its ups and downs but RU definitely over weighs the cons.
April 5, 2019
Emilios K.
Marketing Manager
February 7, 2018

“Very easy dashboard - Excellent service”

ProsThis is the 3rd year i'm using Rentals United. I'm 100% satisfied with the platform as well as the support i received so far. Whatever problems i've had they were resolved in a few hours. BIG thanks to my two past account managers Andreas and Linda and to my current account manager Bruno Mauro!
ConsThe only con is that you can't add discounts to certain channels like booking.com. If they can add this, Rentals united will be even better
February 7, 2018
Lucy L.
Holiday Rental Manager
August 28, 2019

“Fabulous Support”

OverallRentals United has enabled our company to push our holiday rental homes to more websites whilst integrating with our booking management software.
ProsAfter quite a few teething issues Rentals United and their team worked with us to ensure each of our issues were rectified. Now the system is fantastic and integrates seamlessly with our current booking software.
ConsA few teething issues which were sorted out quickly and professionally.
August 28, 2019
Richard A.

“Great Customer Support”

OverallIt would be great if they offer channel quality information, such as my property ranking.
ProsThe Representative in support is available for conference with just a few days notice. She is thorough and very helpful, offering up suggestions to improve my channels and get more rentals.
ConsSeems a bit expensive. Although the tech support is great, I would be optimal if the software and documentation were better, so as to need tech support less often.
Aaron X.
June 5, 2019

“Rentals United”

OverallWe use RU to manage our portfolio of properties. I must say that we are very satisfied thus far especially with our account manager rep. who is always very helpful with any request.
ProsWe use RU to manage our portfolio of properties. I must say that we are very satisfied thus far especially with our account manager rep. who is always very helpful with any request.
Consstill lacking some basic features such as the ability to assign an internal name to each property.
June 5, 2019
Vincent V.
Connectivity manager
January 31, 2018

“Great experience but a few things could be better”

Overallaffordable channel manager with almost everyhting you need
ProsThe simplicity of use : connecting OTAs is very easy. Friendly staff. Overall good and very affordable Channel Manager. It could be part of the best solutions in the market with some improvements.
ConsWe missed a few important options for pricing but I guess it's not that important for other small hosts. Customer support reactive but sometimes it takes time to have things done.
January 31, 2018
Margarida R.
October 14, 2019

“There is a different life before and after Rentals United!”

OverallBefore working with RU I spent hours updating calendars and working with few platforms. Now this work is done automatically and I can do other things to improve the service.
ProsThe credibility of the service, the guarantee that calendars are up to date instantly. The variety of connections to the various platforms is undoubtedly an asset in UK services. Strongly recommend them!
ConsThere is no way to create a customer contact file

By Rentals United on October 16, 2019
Dear Margarida, Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are so pleased that you are loving your experience with us and even more that we have been able to simplify your working day and allow you to focus on improving and growing your business, this is our aim! MORE BOOKINGS. LESS WORK. Regarding your 'Cons' feedback, we would love to hear more about this to see if we can implement this in the future, please feel free to share this information with your account manager. If you haven't already, check out one of our new channels: Europea Residences - A luxury accommodation channel for short and medium rentals, you may find that they work well for you. Thanks again and have a lovely day!
October 14, 2019
Melissa S.
Holiday Manager

“Great service from rep”

OverallRentals United seem to be looking to expand their network and opportunities offered to us.
ProsFairly easy to map products with each site clearly separate
ConsCan not create rules for tariffs which limits what we can offer guests
Kamil J.
November 20, 2018

“Great Solution if you're looking channel manager ”

OverallIt's a great tool, but only for channels integration. For this price, you suppose to have more futures, because still, you need to use additional PMS system.
ProsPossibility to connect almost to all currently available booking channels on market.
ConsIt's expensive, and they don't have integration with two important booking channels like a Trip Advisor (They have but it's not working) and Home Away.
November 20, 2018
Charles L.
Co-Owner
March 27, 2018

“Excellent”

ProsI really enjoyed with our property manager. She always had nice answers whenever there were any issues.
ConsThere were occasional connectivity issues. The two-way connection isn't perfectly set up on all the channels.
March 27, 2018
Fernando A.
Partner Developer
July 3, 2018

“Great”

ProsFrom the first day we had an excellent assistance from the girl who took care of us to implement the system, which channels we could connect, which is relatively easy to establish the connection, although there is another part that does not depend on Rentals United, You have to contract it directly with the channels where you want to distribute according to the conditions of each channel. We have always had excellent assistance from them and is easy to schedule an appoint with our account manager. We are still in the process of connecting with several channels but so far we have not had any problems.
ConsIt would be great to have a trial period before making the payment. It would also be great to be able to configure more aspects of the properties like the price for instance without having to do it property by property
July 3, 2018
Markus M.
Managing Director
June 24, 2018

“One of the most advanced and easy to use channel managers for vacation rentals.”

Pros- Usability - Many channels are well synchronized in terms of content as well as rates & availability. - Great onboarding team and recommendations concerning the different channels - Easy to understand API & Documentation for PMS integration
Cons- Some items do not get correctly synced - Content syncs only once automatically and not after each change - Message integration with automated messages, would be great to efficiently communicate directly with clients of all the different channels
June 24, 2018
yankel c.
Property Manager

“Very good service”

ProsWe receive a very good customer service. The connection are working fine with a large list of channels which is good to get more exposure.
ConsSometimes there are some connection that are not successful but Rentals united alert us immediately by e mail so we have enough time to enter the reservation in our system to avoid double bookings.
Jordan B.
Booking Manager
June 20, 2018

“Very helpful team from start to finish. Highly recommend if serious about making more bookings! ”

OverallIncrease in listing sites our properties are on which increases our bookings and occupancy rate.
ProsThe ability to add a mark up on pricing to counter the listing sites commission (airbnb, booking.com etc). This results in any bookings received from the listing sites linked through rentals untied come back at full price no loss to owner. Instant connection for availability and rates. Constant communication with rentals untied allows full understanding of the system. Once set up you receive a account manager who solely wants to broaden your online advertising reach and increase bookings.
ConsIt is slow to get started but once its set up it is easy to work.. Each listing site has different systems that take time to get use to. Using rentals untied is an increased work load but you do increase occupancy.
June 20, 2018
Geoff B.
Commercial Real Estate, Self-employed

“Ongoing use of RU”

OverallGreat improvement in customer service since commencement almost 2 years ago.
ProsThe connectivity to a wide variety of booking portals
ConsNot being able to cancel a redundant listing without contacting each service provider, complicated method of ensuring each portal is updated individually.
Willy C.
Owner/President
June 4, 2018

“Rentals United Strive for the Very Best!”

Pros- Excellent Direct API Integration - They bandwagon into the latest, and popular Channels - The Key Account Manager follow up, and drive tasks to closure
Cons- Direct Relationships to Channels should be improved, at least the popular ones - Faster Integration Time connecting to Channels
June 4, 2018
Craig G.
July 11, 2018

“I found the whole process quite easy. I had a 45 minute consult with their executive & I did my homework.”

OverallI have a more secure business now as I am not reliant on 1 channel and I am able to reach more customers. Ultimately this should make the off peak seasons better, and lead to more revenue.
ProsThe user guides were great. I'm not that great with techy stuff but the user guides were accurate, up to date and easy to navigate. I use Guesty and they have supported me with Rentals United and made the integration really easy. I love this software as it means I am not reliant on 1 booking channel (Air BnB). I have found their executives to be really friendly, informative and make me feel like they are interested in seeing my business succeed.
ConsSometimes customer support can be a little slow, but they always get back to you and there is a self service help desk which is great too.
July 11, 2018
Andrea T.
Managing Director
November 5, 2017

“Good potential, very poor/non existent customer service”

OverallIt could be a good software but lacks in customer support
ProsIt's easy to use and well designed. A good number of channels available for connection. A fixed price per month is good if you receive a good amount of reservations.The only problem is that it does not deliver what's promised.
ConsThe biggest issue of this product is the customer service. Before I paid the subscriptionI have been literally chased by their salesman, available at every time and day of the week. After the first purchase they never responded before a couple of days time and NEVER deliver what they promise. I have been dealing so far with 3 different people, all of them left their position with no notice leaving me sending emails to empty desks. It's presented as a time saver software but it actually takes lot of time only to have the channels actually connected. On the dashboard the channels look connected but if you check channel by channel you would discover they were not active at all. Lot of problems with Expedia with wrong push of the rates all the times. I think it could be a good product if they only would invest more in customer support and less in sales. Selling a product is relatively easy, keeping a customer is the hard part.

By Rentals United on November 19, 2017
Hi Andrea, thanks for your valuable feedback. I've spoken to your account manager, Nicolas and I'd be happy to help speed things along so we meet your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly if you need some more assistance (james@rentalsunited.com)
November 5, 2017
Naím P.
June 12, 2017

“Horrible - stay away!”

OverallNone
ProsThe idea sounds great and the user interface looks nice, but I'm afraid it stops there. While we were very excited to get things going, nothing seemed to work.
ConsThe reality - while a great idea, none of what we've been sold worked properly. We tried out Rentals United last year and had a bad experience. We decided to give it another go this year, but unfortunately more things didn't work than did and we ended up making a loss over the period that we were signed up with them as availability was not even pushed across correctly. They kept charging us even after we left the contract and used the direct debit without authorisation. When contacted they kept saying they're not charging and they kept charging. Big waste of time - stay away!

By Rentals United on June 15, 2017
We're sorry things didn't work out with your Rentals United account. However, we feel that your review is completely unrepresentative of the service and experience you received from us. You had some very specific requirements that we weren't able to meet which we informed you about and for this reason, we let you use our platform free of charge for a period. We add features and improvements to platform based on helping as many of our clients as possible - not on those who can shout the loudest. We try our best to think of all our clients and the positive reviews you see here are testament to this. We try and keep all our clients satisfied and we wish you the best of luck with your business. As we refunded all of the money you paid us this year, we¿re happy that you were able to use Rentals United completely for free.
June 12, 2017
Flavia V.
Digital Marketing Manager
August 10, 2017

“disappointing customer service but great exception”

ProsIt is really intuitive and easy to use but what made the difference in my experience with this software has been working with my rep. He definitely made the difference and played a crucial role even when my manager wanted to quit the collaboration with them. He was in charge of our synchronization with Booking Sync (PMS and website) and I am really glad he suggested it. He is a very polite and fair person, driven to find solutions. The excellence of his working method relies on his continuous feedback, suggestions, creative ideas. He is able to keep calm and smiling even if all over it is a huge mess. I appreciated his attitude several time, he is focused on results and finding the best and the more efficient solution. I would recommend Rentals United if they had more employee like him.
ConsMost of the connections are displayed as green and well connected even when they are clearly not working at all. Customer service is very disappointing, I assume they are not well trained or down staffed because when I need some assistance it takes at least 3 or 4 weeks to get a reply and an uncountable number of mail and solicitations. Most of the time the final answer is that the issue does not depends on them but all the responsability relies on this or that channel. At a statistic level I find it pretty hard to believe.
August 10, 2017
February 6, 2019

“Space to improve”

ProsDetails regarding reservations as well as easy to use.
ConsNot enough support. Would be very helpful to be notified when there is an error, as of now you see if there is an error just if you search for.
February 6, 2019
Judith R.
December 26, 2018

“horrible customer service”

OverallPoor experience. No support. Very slow to respond to problems. Our pin location has been wrong for months which really makes our guests mad when they think that they are renting a unit located on the other side of town. We can't get it fixed. We have started getting double bookings. And we can't unblock reservations so we have rooms sitting empty. We had a 9 day reservation that we could not unblock!
ProsRight now, nothing! We use this product because it is the only option with our booking software.
ConsThey have no online support! You must submit a ticket for help that they sometimes take days to respond to. We have had problems with not being able to unblock canceled or moved reservations . Our rooms sit empty and we are unable to open up to be able to rent waiting for them to fix. The support is non exsistant. When you deal with a product like rentals, you can not get back the missed revenue and you need FAST support that this company does not offer. They need a number that you can call and reach a live person to provide effective support.
December 26, 2018
Facundo Y.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2017

“The best 2 way connectivity for our company!”

Overallreal time connectivity.the Rentals United Team is the best. We worked with a few accounts manager and all of them are very dedicated
ProsThe connectivity, simplification and real time availability and rates updates to all of our OTA partners. Before RU, we had to update manually over 10 OTA's. Now the real time connection simplifies and streamline our sales process.
August 3, 2017
Gene G.
February 22, 2019

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY!!”

OverallHave been transferred to 6 different people thru my on-boarding process none of them more competent than a 3 year old to get my properties listed on there site.
Prosif you can get the software working with all your channels it's actually a pretty decent product.
ConsWAY TO MANY TO NAME!! By far the worst customer support and tech support. You will be passed from person to person and nobody taking accountability for your issues . It seems no there wants to truly help you. They definitely want to sell you the software service NO FOLLOW thru. Do your self a favor and don't purchase from this company.

By Rentals United on April 18, 2019
Hi Gene I'm sorry you've been experiencing such bad service. I've spoken to your account manager, Carolina who has been trying to get in contact with you. Can you contact her at carolina.esposito.zerbinati@rentalsunited.com so she can help. I'm confident that with that her help, you will have only positive things to say about Rentals United. Feel free to contact me directly on james@rentalsunited.com if you need anything.
February 22, 2019
Roya N.
Real Estate, Self-employed

“horrible servicer”

Overallvery bad
ProsTheir customer service is horrible. I used them for a year just for booking.com integration since my CRM was not integrated with booking.com at the time. Every time I got a booking I had to call the guest and get their credit card info. None of the information was integrating to my system. Only the calendar was syncing. Oh.. And their invoices to collect the booking fee were coming in through perfectly! I asked their customer service to fix the problem on a few incidents and all I got was an email link to support. No one actually initiated a call to me. They are somewhere in Europe. I think in Spain. Maybe they do a better job in Europe!
ConsTheir customer service is horrible. I used them for a year just for booking.com integration since my CRM was not integrated with booking.com at the time. Every time I got a booking I had to call the guest and get their credit card info. None of the information was integrating to my system. Only the calendar was syncing. Oh.. And their invoices to collect the booking fee were coming in through perfectly! I asked their customer service to fix the problem on a few incidents and all I got was an email link to support. No one actually initiated a call to me. They are somewhere in Europe. I think in Spain. Maybe they do a better job in Europe!