GoCanvas - Mobile Forms Ratings

Overall

About GoCanvas - Mobile Forms

GoCanvas is a cloud-based software service that enables businesses to replace expensive and inefficient paper forms with powerful apps on their smartphones and tablets. GoCanvas enables users to collect information using mobile devices, share that information and easily integrate with existing backend systems. GoCanvas also offers the first business-only application store of its kind, with 20,000+ pre-built, fully customizable apps that work on all mobile platforms and serve 30+ vertical markets Learn more about GoCanvas - Mobile Forms

Jackie F.
IT Training Manager
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees

“GoCanvas Forms ”

OverallWe have replaced an older form program with GoCanvas and opened up options to other departments. Their support has been very attentive to our needs and questions.
ProsThe ease of creating forms and end user experience has made rolling out the software , well, easy. The departments are in charge of their own forms and any changes which avoids delays they would otherwise experience contacting IT.
ConsCurrently, there is not the ability to attach documents to the form. We have the need to include official documents to some of the forms that have been created. We are working around that by taking a photo which works in some cases.
Anthony C.
VP of Ops
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2019

“Good Work!”

OverallWe record inspections, audits, training.
ProsEase of using the apps ease of building the apps Mobile function is excellent
ConsI am unable to get any badges, banners, or sound notifications on my iphone.
September 16, 2019
Michelle C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
December 26, 2018

“GoCanvas - who knew replacing forms with apps would be so easy”

OverallOur ability to capture, retain, analyze and share information quickly and clearly is better than it ever was with paper forms. From the start the help in setting up the programs and initial training made a very scary and intimidating process a breeze. I never have to go looking for paperwork only to find it incomplete and illegible. I have rarely been as satisfied with a software as I have been with this.
ProsExtremely easy to build and use apps even for "non-tech" people. Powerful system allows you to build complex routing with ease PDF designer allows you to capture information you need for client while retaining all information you might need in the app for export and evaluation. They are always looking for ways to simplify and improve the program. They communicate changes well and consistently I don't have to read chicken scratch from techs anymore
ConsTech support to solve problems is not very deep or responsive.
December 26, 2018
Adanga B.
Assistant Director of Health & Safety
Chemicals, 501-1000 employees
April 17, 2019

“Great product, Super support team”

OverallOur maintenance workers get their job assignments on a tablet. The submitter enters the work order, it goes to a maintenance supervisor for approval and assigned to a maintenance worker. When job is complete it goes back to original submitter to ok work was done appropriately and then submitted. We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!)
ProsThe paper eliminated, filing in the cloud. And being able to check up on inspections and required training to make sure it's taken place.
ConsThe support team has overcome every obstacle I've run into so there really is no down side. We search by time frame and sometimes I'd like to be able to search across multiple Apps for a specific individual's submissions but this is small beans in comparison to all Go Canvas has enabled us to do
April 17, 2019
Cody F.
IT/Project Manager
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
September 4, 2019

“Great software, terrible licensing structure.”

ProsAlmost everything; creating an app is easier than falling off a log, and even our users are capable of filling them out.
ConsThe licensing structure is awful. Not being able to add users without totally resetting your license renewal is easily the worst licensing system imaginable. I have tried to think of a worse one, but never could. As much as I love the service overall, I have to constantly fight my managers to continue justifying the cost, and am constantly tasked to find a replacement to save money which is a huge strain on my time. Admittedly this is partially poor management, but the licensing structure does not help matters.
September 4, 2019
David L.
Safety Director
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallEase of use in the office and on site with mobile forms. All I talked to in the field say it is fairly easy to use and really like it, for now they do not have to shuffle so much paperwork, it automatically shows up to fill out certain forms weekly (which is a good reminder). Fill it out, done and filed.
ProsIt is very easy to use. It takes a bit to learn how to set up documents, but once learned it gets better. I also like how we can go into a form and change a few things and it automatically updates. So when others access GoCanvas it syncs and all is up to date, right then.
ConsCan't think of anything at this time.
Trent N.
General Manager
August 21, 2019

“More efficient than paper forms”

ProsI can build an app in minutes to collect any data imaginable.
ConsCreating PDFs seems to be cumbersome. It would be nice to have more custimizable formats for creating PDFs. Right now everything has to fit into rows and columns only.
Marc M.
Special Projects Coordinator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
December 24, 2018

“Save time and money!”

OverallWe are a commercial and institutional HVAC service company. GoCanvas has solved several issues including legibility of service tickets (previously hand written) as well as quick delivery of the tickets (used to use FedEx overnight at the end of each week for each field employee). This cut our billing time down by 2 weeks. We are also using GoCanvas to create weekly time sheets, field quote sheets, time off requests and vehicle repair requests. We have several other forms which we will be creating soon. The staff at GoCanvas is extremely knowledgeable and creative. I have not come across anybody that was not excited about their product and ready and willing to solve my problems. I highly recommend GoCanvas for forms and processes to any industry with a need.
ProsGoCanvas is simple to learn and use. If you either cannot or don't have time to learn the software, their customer support can help design and setup almost any form that you can envision.
ConsNothing in life is perfect. GoCanvas is still working to fill the gaps of what it cannot yet do. I wish the GoCanvas submissions would interact with my database software but it will not and that is not a GoCanvas issue either. My database software company will not talk (literally or figuratively) with GoCanvas. Despite this setback, GoCanvas is still a better option (in our opinion) than using the mobile version of the database software.
December 24, 2018
Daniel P.
Franchisee
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
July 3, 2018

“Canvas has significantly improved our operation, increased productivity and less redundancies ”

OverallCanvas has cut out so many redundancies in our business and is extremely versatile. It has been fun getting creative with the workflow. Not to mention the endless advantages for remote use and management.
ProsThe fact that Canvas takes away so much extra leg work behind the scenes, freeing up time for our employees to focus energy on more critical tasks.
ConsThe only recommendation I would have is to make functional improvements on multiple departments or groups sharing the same apps and functions. For example, a franchise group with several locations that need to keep consistency with apps across the locations
July 3, 2018
Willy E.
Risk and Safety Coordinator
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
August 29, 2019

“Impressive integration”

OverallWe have used this program for many option such as work orders when we did not have any at the time of using this software. Used electronic forms to track time for employee to build justification, and moved our variety of inspections to canvas to make it easy for submitters.
Pros- Simplicity to create your own forms - Customization open to get the best forms possible
Cons- cannot remember as some items have been fixed with each update to serve our need
August 29, 2019
Lee L.
Finance Manager
March 7, 2018

“Easy to use in the field”

OverallIt makes my team more efficient and helps in the field.
ProsIt is very easy to use in the field when I am meeting with a homeowner. They can sign my contracts right in their living room and it goes straight until a PDF. I like the layout of the program and customization. It has made my field team much more efficient and look more professional in the field.
ConsIf we have to change any documents, it is a bit difficult for our admin to do so. We have used it for a few years and there aren't many things that I would say are cons for Go Canvas.
March 7, 2018
Nick M.
Maintenance Supervisor
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2019

“Flexible, very useful.”

OverallStreamlining paper records about herbicide applications to a digital format. We are able to clients another notification for maintenance for their records for compliance. And we are working on an app that will eventually replace our paper field reports to deal with work and inventory.
ProsIts customizability is very good, and we've used multiple apps within the program for different reason, for internal documentation and for clients. Nice way to move away from paper records where possible.
ConsAdjusting some of the options/menus within an app once it was activated wasn't always straight forward, even with the help. Most were easy once I asked tech support, but wasn't always clear when in the program.
August 30, 2019
Ryan H.
Sales Manager
July 28, 2014

“Retail Application for Greenhouse Growers”

OverallWe are a live plant grower for "Big Box' retailers, and in some cases we own the product until the product scans through the register. We are responsible monitoring and maintaining the inventory in the garden centers, and a missed sale opportunity in the store means a missed sale for the greenhouse. It is very important that we have a true understanding of what our saleable inventory is in each store at any given time. As part of this process, we employ merchandisers who will display and care for the product while it is at the retail location, and will throw away any product that is unsaleable. To maintain an accurate inventory, we need to know the variety of plant and the quantities that were thrown away. Historically this process was done by filling out a paper form and then faxing it back to the greenhouse. Office personell would then take the faxes and then hand enter the data into our enterprise system which kept track of store inventory - a very time consuming ordeal. We worked with Go Canvas to design an app that would allow our merchandisers to capture that data using their smart phones and submit the information instantly. The back end software takes that data and consolidates it so we ccan download it into one Excel file. That file is uploaded into our enterprise system and all store inventories are updated simultaneously. While the app does save us money by spending less time hand entering updates, the real benefit is having a more accurate view of our inventory which enables us to capture every sales dollar. Overall, we have been very satisfied with the service and the customer service has been great. I explained what I needed to my rep and they built the app to my specifications, and any time we needed to tweak things, they were more than happy to comply.
July 28, 2014
Tom C.
GM
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Use it Everyday”

OverallBeen very good overall. I have recommended it to some of our fellow dealers.
ProsYou customize your form very easy from the dashboard. We are presently using 12 apps that we designed. A team of 10 people are suing them everyday. No real issues, things can be changed on the fly if need be.
ConsNothing really. It took a little time to lean the app building. The learning curve was not very steep at all.
Kenneth Bryan P.
Solutions Architect
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
January 31, 2019

“Fastest & Easiest Automation Solution To Any Business!”

OverallI work as a solutions architect in my country and every business that I encounter gets this solution. I'm sure that a lot of businesses out there is still not aware of GoCanvas which is why I plan to share my experience to more people.
ProsGoCanvas is one of the most disruptive technologies available in the market today. SMBs no longer have to rely on costly software development. You can deploy an app within minutes and that changes the game!
ConsPretty much nothing as their support team and community are very helpful.
January 31, 2019
Jon W.
Real Estate, 10,001+ employees
October 16, 2018

“A Fantastic Tool For Improving Efficiency and Quality of Service”

OverallWe have replaced paper property inspection forms which has not only added value to the service provided to our clients, but it has increased efficiency massively and has gone even further by protecting the company from certain liability claims by evidencing every property inspection in its entirety, with supporting photographs etc.etc.
ProsThat everything from the app to the pdf can be tailored to fully meet our requirements.
ConsNothing! It was easy to set up, easy to use, tweak, and easy for all users to understand and begin to use.
October 16, 2018
Justin H.
Coordinator, Office of Teaching Effectiveness
201-500 employees
May 7, 2018

“Canvas”

ProsFor clients in higher education looking for a premier online learning product built for social learning, Canvas is the product for you! Having worked in other learning management systems which encourage users to 'document dump' and treat their online courses like correspondence courses, I was quite pleased to design courses and teach in such a high quality learning management system. Additionally, appearance, text size, and other learning environment concerns are appropriate to the higher education context, particularly as accessibility is concerned. This is an excellent product!
ConsAs a fully featured product, there is a bit of a learning curve in using the product well. That said, i'm not sure how to avoid this in a robust learning management system.
May 7, 2018
Cynthia B.
Maintenance Coordinator
Construction, 201-500 employees
February 15, 2019

“Equipment Maintenance Coordinator”

OverallGetting rid of (most) paper in the equipment division has been a life saver, the equipment maintenance and repairs history is stored much better, the paperwork comes in immediately from the field, not weeks later. The information written is actually legible. I was able to created forms we couldn't have before. It also saves a lot of time trying to file or scan paperwork.
ProsThe workflow and dispatch options, the email delivery options all apps, the simple and easy to learn app builder, the data reference options.
ConsThe cost is a little high, but still worth it. Notifications don't always come through on workflow. Sometimes the work being done by users doesn't save.
February 15, 2019
Devin O.
IT Analyst
51-200 employees
December 1, 2017

“The support that you receive if and when an issue is encountered is amazing.”

ProsCanvas manages to reduce the amount of physical paperwork to such a degree I don't know if we could ever go back to manually doing the majority of what we use it for again without some *major* pains across all departments.
ConsWhile the platform works for most of what we would use it for there are some issues that are only evident when using it for various IT administrative functions; e.g. no fields for data formatting that is unique to an IT function like IP addressing requirements, limited support for handling handheld scanners, lack of time-stamping for what account has been updating what data, etc.
December 1, 2017
Matthew C.
Chief Operating Officer
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2018

“Great product for improving office and field work efficiency”

OverallThey have a great and supportive team which is always willing to help.
ProsThe ease of use from an admin and user perspective. Offline functionality is essential for us and GoCanvas delivers.
ConsGoCanvas lacks some of the features that other products have. Features they have that other products do not (the dispatch calendar for example) are not built out well enough to be useful for our business. The essential features are there, but I eagerly await the addition of extra functionality as we constantly run into issues of, 'Wouldn't it be great of GoCanvas did this?!' Again, what GoCanvas lacks in features they make up for in droves on the user interface and ease of use. This has made company-wide implementation a relatively easy proccess.
August 7, 2018
Paul B.
Co-Founder
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 11, 2016

“We use GoCanvas everyday and wont go back to paper contracts”

OverallGoCanvas was the first and the only solution that we decided upon for our paperless contract documentation. We love the easy to use an app and the ability to scale with future employees. If We had one complaint it would the learning curve it takes to set up a new form. But once you understand how to build it everything is a snap.
ProsIt does what it says and paperless documentation has streamlined our process
ConsThe learning curves to build new forms.
Recommendations to other buyersExperiment with the different features. It'll be worth your time
December 11, 2016
Steve K.
Director of Procurement/Marketing
December 6, 2017

“Canvas has made my job and my teams job a lot easier. Also customer support is top notch.”

OverallGot rid of a manual paper process.
ProsEase of use and anytime I need the help your just a phone call away with someone always willing to help.
ConsMy only complaint about the software is every time I make a change to an app it creates a new version therefore when I have to do a download of a project that has already been running for a year I have to make sure I am downloading the data from every version.
December 6, 2017
John H.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
June 15, 2016

“Thanks GoCanvas - its the new JOTS!!!”

OverallGoCanvas has absolutely changed how JOTS Computer Services, Inc. delivers services to its customers. Truly as simple as Click-Submit-Done, Yes, that easy. From sales, tech support to the development team, GoCanvas delivers the Wow factor in all that they do. Thanks GoCanvas!
ProsThe continuous and creative development of the GoCanvas App. Never gets stale, always looking to improve the user experience, ease of use and value of the App.
ConsI have honestly experience no cons with GoCanvas.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are stuck on the outdate pencil and paper, you need to take a look at how GoCanvas can change your life. And you can even test GoCanvas for a FREE trial.
June 15, 2016
Danielle T.
Information Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2018

“The future of data capture for businesses!”

OverallThis platform is helping us streamline our business by speeding up the data and information flow between the field and our office.
ProsOur favorite things about GoCanvas are that it's easy to set up on the backend (meaning you don't need formal IT training), it's easy for our employees to fill in the forms on their phones, and their customer support is GREAT! They are always very quick to respond to questions or comments.
ConsI honestly don't have anything bad to say about the platform. We've had nothing but great experiences all around.
March 29, 2018
Jorge R.
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2017

“Canvas completely change they we were producing and storing service report for my business.”

OverallService reports looks more professional. Save time & storage to us and our clients.
ProsThat it adapted to my business and not the other way around. That it is cost effective. Last but not least, that 99% of my clients love it.
ConsSo far so good! Like every new software, you go to a period of try and error, however canvas support was there all the way step by step.
Dale R.
Treasurer

“Actions required”

ProsEasy of tailoring and ease of use, customer support
ConsRequire the following: 1) need to be able to have flexibility in sizing pictures 2) require GPS co-ordinates to show on pictures 3) batch down loading / printing by specific for large volume, work order number needs to be part of the file name
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
January 10, 2019

“Go Canvas is a Force Multiplier”

OverallWe solved our field service ticket and manual inspection sheet issue. We were utilizing computers, tablets and having to access excel and then email to send these forms. Now the techs can utilize their phones and email directly to customer and supervisor when complete. This has allowed us to become much more versatile and is causing other departments to question their processes.
ProsThe basics are very easy to learn and you can quickly create simple forms that allow you advanced mobilization.
ConsWhen a form has to be dynamic the software becomes a little more complicated and having to set the app up and then the layout on the pdf can be somewhat time consuming.
January 10, 2019
Rhonda S.
General Manager
June 26, 2018

“Time Saver”

OverallIt has made working with the crew in the field easier, has saved us money, our clients like the information that we are giving them in order to see what is going on in the projects that we are working on for them.
ProsSaves us so much time , money, I cant believe that we did business with out it. This product has made my life easy with the workers in the field.
ConsOk, so i tried to put N/A it would not let me , i cant find anything wrong with GoCanvas, it exceeds my expectations .
June 26, 2018
Beth W.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
October 23, 2015

“GET IT!”

OverallGoCanvas has been incredible to work with. Our business is in Electrical Contracting, and GoCanvas designed a form on their app so that our employees don't need to fill out paper work tickets anymore. They also installed a barcode scanning system, so that our employees can scan items that they take from our warehouse to use at the jobsite. GoCanvas also give the ability to export those work tickets into a CSV or XML file, which means we can actually import those scans from their work tickets into our job costing software. It does so much more than we ever expected it to, which has made our switch to GoCanvas a seamless transition, and our employees who use it love it! But the best part about GoCanvas is their Customer Service. I've had issues mapping some updates I made to the app, and was in a hurry to get it taken care of (before our employees were going to scan), and they got my message and called me immediately. Their response time is great, and they make sure they actually help solve the problem if there is one. I can't say too many good things about their company, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to consolidate their paper forms into a paperless app.
ProsCustomer Service Adaptability Ease of Use

By GoCanvas on March 18, 2016
Thanks for your thoughts and feedback! We appreciate it!
October 23, 2015
Kevin W.
Project Engineer

“Exactly What We Needed”

OverallThe ease for our field staff was our main mission when we were searching for a software like this, GoCanvas has delivered exactly that.
ProsThe ease to create whatever you want makes this software very appealing. We do a lot of different kind of projects and GoCanvas helps us to create and manage the forms we need to complete our work successfully.
ConsSome of the functionality does not allow us to perform the handoffs or track certain information exactly the way that we want, but the staff has been great to help us with work arounds to get it as close as possible.
Luis C.
Technical Service Manager
Machinery, 5001-10,000 employees
May 8, 2019

“GoCanvas experience”

OverallWe have been able to create reports to share with our clients the work we do in their machines, we are in charge of technical service and it is very useful to create the reports in real time and present them immediately after the work
ProsIt is easy to use, we can provide our clients with a formal and well-designed report, adapted to our needs
ConsWe need a little more personalized training to what we want to do, maybe explanatory videos
May 8, 2019
Lori M.
Human Resources & Safety Operations Manager
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2018

“Great product!”

OverallImplementing GoCanvas mobile forms has made an enormous improvement in getting pertinent information from job sites to our Project Managers in house. Paper forms completed in the field were not submitted timely and when submitted were often illegible. Now, we receive them daily in perfect form. Project Managers are now able to really manage what is happening in the field which has reduced downtime, unnecessary overtime, and makes month end pay request processing much easier, which translates to more timely payments to contractors and our firm!
ProsGoCanvas apps are amazingly easy to create. With just a little instruction or even by watching a few tutorials, most any level user will be able to create apps tailored to your specific needs.
ConsFor our particular business, we need the ability to scan and attach documents, not just photos. We have to use a workaround for this and wish the software could handle PDFs in addition to photos. But that's very specific to our needs; overall, there isn't much to dislike!
August 28, 2018
Trista M.
Marketing Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2017

“GoCanvas has helped streamline our delivery process now that we can verify our deliveries digitally.”

ProsI can modify the app to do just about anything I need it to do for our company. We can verify who made the deliveries, who signs for the deliveries, where the deliveries occurred via gps, what items were delivered, and more. We aren't in the dark ages anymore, we can now lookup these items at any time via the online website vs looking through old folders of information!
ConsSome of the operations can seem clunky and a little less intuitive. Once you learn them, it isn't hard to master, but it may not work the way you would originally think.
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 4, 2018

“Opened my eyes to the world of Mobile Forms.”

OverallTrialled GoCanvas extensively while coming up with a solution for our warehouses record-keeping. Eventually went with ProntoForms and have learnt to love it and the many options I have to tweak and create new forms.
ProsVery simple to use. Powerful options for importing and exporting data. As of October, GC have come out with a Free version for businesses with only one user. This could be quite amazing to get users on board and suit the needs of most small businesses.
ConsExpensive for few users. We were wanting to have 3 Users (ie 3 Mobile devices) and pricing could not match alternate software offerings that I found. Though I would likely think if I chose this software long-term, I would grow to love its feature-set.
December 4, 2018
Scott S.
IT Project Manager
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
March 15, 2018

“The response to the issue was very fast”

OverallQuick forms that can be deployed to users with the ability to analyze the input in Excel
ProsThe ease in which a form can be created and deployed to users. I also like the ability to export the data in order to perform analysis.
ConsUnable to attach additional files to the form. There are reports that are not static that I would like to be able to have saved and added to the form prior to submission
March 15, 2018
Rocco M.
Project cooridinator
November 11, 2017

“Great to use for any type of field service work. Company listens to your feedback. Price has gone up”

ProsFunctionality on smartphones. Ease of use to create customized forms. Ability to customize what the recipient sees.
ConsPrice has gone up significantly in the last few years. It can do a lot but is sometimes slow to load.
November 11, 2017
Robert C.
Owner/Operator
August 25, 2015

“Huge fan of this company ! Great customer service response time !”

OverallI wanted this software when my previous million dollar employer didn't care to be open to innovation. They didn't care to hear about an environmentally friendly supply usage app that would've reduced spending costs, and greatly reduced a large paper footprint in our world. Recently, I've started my own company and my business now thrives from it. I'm not a software engineer and this program is user friendly so that I don't have to be an engineer. It's always evolving. I was just recently stuck on updating my company format... Ellen Weintraub, a customer service rep, chimed in and asked to help. She was able to solve my problem very efficiently. I received a very positive response from this software. I was even able to cancel 2 very expensive subscriptions that this software has now replaced. All of my work is digital, and most of my customers prefer to be emailed. I'd also like to extend my gratitude to Jason Good. He was the original customer service rep that reached out to me a few years ago, when I was trying to promote a better way for my previous employer to do business. My advise to anyone reading this. If you work for a million dollar company that won't take a few minutes out of their day to at least listen to an idea that could possible save them money...it's time for a new company...with this software, and pricing, why not start your own company !! Thank you very, very, much ! Go Canvas !
August 25, 2015
Wayne J.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Long time user”

OverallI started using GoCanvas because we do a lot of Motor Home (RV) Mechanical Inspections and the techs writing on my forms was quite often difficult to read. I bought an iPad and turned my form into an APP and my customers Love it! The techs find it easy to use.
ProsI like the fact that I can customize the forms to my personal needs
ConsBeen a user for quite some time now- over 5 years, at the beginning the apps were a little difficult to make, I spent many hours getting my APP to where it is today (Version 58) the newer app builder is much, much better than previous versions.
September 5, 2019
Jacob J.
Performance & optimisation engineer
Construction, 201-500 employees
December 6, 2018

“Easy to use”

OverallWe managed to get rid of paper forms and the need to send pictures and forms via emails. The best part is the information can be access in csv format.
ProsEasy solution for field engineers to report work. Pretty easy to construct and deploy forms.
ConsNot flexible on many features but recent improvements could resolve many issues. No xml format supported.
December 6, 2018
Anthony S.
Lead Ranch Admin
Farming, 51-200 employees
November 21, 2018

“GoCanvas helps me get the job done while being mobile”

OverallI really like the mobile forms.
ProsI like the ease of building applications that I can monitor, share and assign to fellow employees
ConsI wish there was a search function where I can have a spreadsheet of information and in the application I could search the spreadsheet and find the information that I am looking for.
November 21, 2018
bob j.
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2018

“Best form app. ”

ProsVery smart forms with the ability to use reference data. By far the easiest to use and build with.
ConsWould like the price to be a little less
September 10, 2018
Gary V.
Lead service tech/installer/ do everything
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2017

“So far it's been a great app. It pretty much does everything our company needs it to do.”

OverallThe ability to write up a work order or fill out a purchase order and also fill out my timesheet right in the field or right at a wholesale house right on my phone
ProsI like how I'm able to write up a work order or a purchase order and my timesheet right on my phone. And that I can also go back through them later and edit them and add things or delete things.
ConsI do wish that when you fill out a purchase order that there would be a feature that would Incorporated onto the accompanying work order.
Ben L.
Director of E-Learning
June 28, 2016

“GoCanvas is an easy tool for everybody”

ProsThe ease of use for learners, teachers, and admins is hard to beat. There is so much functionality with very little work in maintenance.
ConsIts hard to find something really bad. The only thing I can think of is if you want customization for an organization, the thresholds for users is maybe a bit high.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have any sort of learning institute within your organization, whether corporate or not, this can be a useful tool. If you have classes that involve coursework over time, this is the best way to organize the course, distribute information to the learners, and have learners submit work and interact with each other and the instructor.
June 28, 2016
Jeff S.
Safety Specialist
Utilities, 201-500 employees

“Go Canvas”

OverallIt has been a great experience from day one. great customer support and Go Canvas is with you every sep of the way to get it up and running for your business.
ProsUser interface is great. All of our employees really like how it works in the field. As an admin of the product i like how easy it is to create an app and how much i can personalize it to meet the needs of the guys in the field.
ConsThere is no "Select All" function for trying to copy apps. I have many departments and when i want to copy all aps from one department to transfer them to another it is very time consuming. If this upgrade could be done i would have no complaints about the product. I will go on to say that when i brought this up to Go Canvas they sent a ticket over to the solutions team and they did the transfer for me and it helped a ton.
Nate K.
Operations Manager
February 28, 2018

“We use Canvas for our inspection reports and love the way it has streamlined our process. ”

ProsI love the time that it saves us. Canvas allows us to be much more efficient with our time. I also like that it keeps our inspectors from forgetting to check certain things while on site, eliminating extra trips out.
ConsThe initial set up phase to get your apps set up takes a lot of effort. Canvas does offer a setup service that would streamline this though. Did not take advantage of this service. Much quicker and cheaper than having custom apps set up though.
February 28, 2018
Edin T.
Electrical Engineer
Utilities, 51-200 employees
August 14, 2017

“Easy to use, efficient to eliminate paper piles and improve record keeping.”

OverallEliminated paper forms, improved tracking, data storage, and improved accuracy.
ProsIt is easy to design an app and it was very intuitive for our crew to figure out how to use it. The ability to take pictures in the form really improved out accuracy and error finding. The fact that everything was stored in the cloud really improved our record keeping ability.
ConsThe price isn't really worth it for the functionality that we use. We pay for things that we do not use.
Jonathan V.
Systems Admin
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“Advanced form setup”

OverallWe needed to set up HVAC technicians with the ability to complete detailed site surveys and post installaiton testing. GoCanvas provided us with a workspace to create and generate these surveys to get the information downloaded in a quick and efficient manner.
ProsThe ability to customize the forms based on previous answers. The ability to add high resolution pictures for site surveys.
ConsSmall learning curve for end users and the need for an account for each end user
Kate D.
Company Secretary, HR & Business Operations Manager
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
May 13, 2019

“Well worth the wait”

OverallBuilding the Customer PDF took 6 months. It was very complicated, and that plus the geographical distance between US/UK meant that this took longer than expected. The result is very good however, and was worth the wait.
ProsThe apps were very easy to set up, in most cases we went live with the apps the same day. The builder is very intuitive and flexible.
ConsThe apps was very easy - no complaints. The custom PDFs are difficult if you need to do handovers etc.
May 13, 2019
Maggie K.
Editor
1-10 employees

“Easy to use”

ProsOne thing I love about canvas is you don't need to have designer skills to use the software yet it make you look like a pro! Kudos team canvas!
ConsI wish we had more photos (from the search button) to choose from, more free photos. Otherwise, I love canvas.
Felix F.
Project Leader
11-50 employees
May 22, 2018

“It is very user friendly”

ProsIt has a contemporary look and feel, great mobile app, easy to integrate 3rd party tools or systems, the collaboration, communication and assessment tools are the best. easy setup to make courses public or private or combined, good support, good availability for integrate with external systems. provides an array of extra features which makes in one of the best LMS on the market
ConsThe layout of the site is well organized but it tends to confuse on certain occasions due to the large number of options and features. it takes a long time to adapt to the environment, Nevertheless, once you get how to use it, worth the effort. the mobile app does not support all types of documents (it is not a recurring error, I have not been able to reproduce the error)
May 22, 2018