The Hire Talent Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

About The Hire Talent

Our pre-employment assessments predict on the job success in your candidates so you feel more confident when hiring. Our testing program assesses personality, interpersonal & communication skills, behavioral aptitude, honesty, integrity & attitude for a well-rounded approach. Our software is fully supported, administered & managed online via your own personalized client portal system. We offer complimentary reporting consulting, tons of hiring tools & resources to help you hire better people. Learn more about The Hire Talent

Dahni B.
Employee Experience Manager
Automotive, 501-1000 employees

“Worth investing in”

OverallOverall I definitely think it is worth the investment. We've been able to make smarter hires for some critical roles such as sales and customer support. The cost is offset in the long run since there is lower turnover so we end up saving a ton on recruiting and training.
ProsWe've been using The Hire Talent to administer assessments to new candidates as part of their interview process. The reports we receive provide valuable insight into the thinking process of the new-hire and help us predict how successful that hire could be in that specific role.
ConsThere aren't too many problematic red flags, just a few minor things that come to mind. I think the client portal could use some updating. It isn't the most intuitive interface. Also one the reports, there is a section for "chance of a good hire". These numbers often seem like a shocker compared to how the person had performed on some parts of the assessment, so I'd say not to read too much into that score.
Lisa R.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2018

“Great Applicant Screening Tool”

OverallThe service is easy to use, tests are affordable, test results are in my inbox almost immediately, and customer service has been responsive.
ProsWe have used the Detail Skills test to screen applicants for our medical front desk position. It is a very good measure of attention to detail-quite difficult for many people, as it turns out. A high score on the test has meant a good fit for us. Some of our applicants have complained that the instructions for taking the test were misleading and hard to follow-that too has been a helpful part of our screening process. If they can't follow the instructions, they aren't likely to succeed in the job.
ConsThe online customer portal was still in development last time I logged on-I wasn't able to find past test results. It's not a big problem, because all results have been emailed anyway.
August 31, 2018
1001-5000 employees
July 2, 2018

“A very powerful hiring tool that suits our business & mission perfectly. ”

ProsIt becomes very clear that The Hire Talent has some incredibly powerful features, right away. The results have become increasingly accurate & we're able to accommodate to our candidates better than ever before.
ConsWe knew The Hire Talent was right for us but we were initially concerned with the cost & customer support. Well, we're glad we reached out because we learned it's very affordable & customer service is phenomenal.

By The Hire Talent on July 4, 2018
Thank you so much for your amazing review of our service and product! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
July 2, 2018
Alex P.
Trainer
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
August 26, 2019

“ The Hire Talent Review”

OverallOverall the eperience has been Great.
ProsOver I find out the software very useful due to the fact of having a hands on practice since an interview day, this helps us have lots more vision in regards to the type of profiles received and also guides us through decision making.
ConsThere is situations in which the page gets frozen and we have to start all over.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great product, team”

ProsOur company uses this product daily as we continue to grow and hire new employees. The assessments aid our team in screening potential talent and making the smartest decisions for our company.
ConsI cannot think of anything that I do not like about this software/program.
September 28, 2018
Rick O.
Founder \ GM
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
March 27, 2018

“The Hire Talent is part of our hiring process. Their % chance of success predictor is consistent.”

OverallWe use their software assessments to assist in hiring decisions. We have learned the hard way when we don't follow our benchmarks it can come back to haunt us.
ProsIt helps us make solid hiring decisions. We have a minimum benchmark score for applicants. We can also consider areas of importance such as attention to detail, and whether the applicant is more suited to a customer facing role or a technical role.
ConsThere is a learning curve, but the support is always there to help interpret the results. I do highly recommend.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Rick, So glad to hear you've found the tools so useful in helping you make better hires over the years. Thank you for the wonderful review!
March 27, 2018
Billie S.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
November 22, 2017

“The Hire Talent is a superb, high quality staffing service. ”

OverallExcellent employees and learned a great deal about the entire process.
ProsThe candidates recommended to me were carefully selected and thoroughly vetted. Detailed information was provided to each candidate via excellent tests and thorough interviews of the candidates and references. Our employees hired through The Hire Talent are outperforming all employees hired through other sources. I couldn't be more satisfied.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Billie, thank you so much for the 5-star review and your comments. We're excited to hear that your employees are performing to your expectations! It's been an equal pleasure working with you!
November 22, 2017
Samuel B.
Director Of Engineering
Mining & Metals, 501-1000 employees
November 30, 2018

“A Great Service ”

OverallMy experience has been outstanding. In every aspect, I am provided with good service. If I have a question, it is answered promptly and thoroughly. I feel as though I have a ready consultant on my shoulder ready to assist and discuss with me any difficult choices that result from the results of the testing. They have this area nailed, and I am very satisfied and content with the system.
ProsI like the ability to screed in the right person for the job I like the ease of use I like the customer service
ConsNo Cons to report. I really like the value that I get from using all aspects of this service.

By The Hire Talent on December 3, 2018
Hi Sam, Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We strive to check all these boxes for our clients, so it's really nice to hear that you've been happy with the product and our services since becoming a customer :)
November 30, 2018
Greg S.
Partner
Construction, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Employee testing software”

OverallThe Hire Talent and their testing software are valuable tools when it comes to trying to find the right fit for your company. It's amazing how accurate their tests are and how the detailed results really help you pin point someone's strengths and weaknesses. I highly recommend their services!
ProsThe tests are a great way to evaluate potential candidates to hire, and we found the results to be extremely helpful in the hiring process.
ConsOur experience was all positive. I can't really think of anything that they should be doing different.
December 14, 2018
Brandon B.
East Coast Sales Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2018

“Great tools for great results”

ProsThis really helps when evaluating candidates . In the past I was flying blindly when it came to recruitment. Without any incite it is very hard to create unique questions to dig more into someone's experience and unique skillsets. These tools really helped me prepare for interviews and get to know candidates better
ConsIt takes a little time and practice to get it all down but it is well worth it
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Great product!”

OverallResults from the Hire Talent have helped us to improve our questions for applicants. Also, when we do hire employees, we know what their strengths and weaknesses are and can tailor our training for them. This software helps us to select better employees.
ProsIt really does give a fantastic overview of a prospective employee's aptitude and abilities. The results are mostly understandable. In times where you are not sure of the results, customer service is available to help.
ConsThe Word & Excel tests are a few versions behind what everyone is using. Candidates also complained about being able to complete the Word & Excel assessments.
January 30, 2018

“Great experience, very helpful, only Hire testing I have confidence in.”

OverallGreat to have so much software at one place
ProsThe great testing results in great hires. I have used the tests for 19 years and won't hire without testing first. Results have been exactly what I found the employee to be like after working together. Considering the cost of a bad hire, this is a great deal.
ConsThat I need to do the test myself in order to see how the employees working with me will fit into the culture of the company. But it always pays off to see the whole picture
January 30, 2018
Lisa R.
Broker / Owner
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“Would not hire without this”

OverallSo, I would not hire another staff member without having them take this attention to detail test. We tested it on people who we had an idea of their attention to detail and found it to be spot on. I have used it as a tool for my last several hires and would not want to hire again without this test. I love it!
ProsI feel like the detail test is a pretty accurate predictor of attention to detail
ConsThere was nothing I didn't like. The only thing that would be better is free, but everyone has to make it profit.
Roger J.
Entrepreneur & Investor
March 30, 2018

“Best recruiting firm hands down! ”

ProsExtremely thorough team that takes there time to learn about your company and your needs. The interview and screening process is meticulous and the testing results they provide truly help you decide on the best candidates. I HIGHLY recommend this firm!
ConsNo Cons.. they are amazing and the price is very fair. We've tried alot of firms and this crew is by far the best.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Thanks for the 5-star review, Roger! Working with you guys has been pretty great too!
March 30, 2018
Abbey T.
Human Resources Generalist
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 12, 2019

“Good results, but not very transparent”

OverallOverall, the experience has been good. The customer support has always been helpful when we reach out. However, if the client interface was a little more robust, we wouldn't have the need. We are always encouraged to ask for details about the test results, but my inquiries haven't been satisfied.
ProsOverall, the personality tests seem very accurate for evaluating good hires.
ConsThe skills test, primarily the details test, are definitely on the steeper end of the grading spectrum. We have had difficulty getting passing results from a wide range of candidates.
Lisa M.
November 16, 2017

“The software helps us to determine whom to hire and not to hire.”

ProsAble to evaluate a person before hiring them. The software has really helped us. We are able to review in a group and get everyone's opinion.
ConsMaybe not making the assessments so long to take, make them a little shorter in time. Other then this there is no cons with the software.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Lisa, thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad to hear that the assessments have been helpful in your hiring process.
Brittany P.
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
November 16, 2017

“We use pre-employment tests for hiring decisions.”

OverallHiring help
ProsWe use a few assessments that provide critical information in weeding out applicants who would not be a good fit for the position we are hiring for or for the company. I know using these assessments have decreased our employee turnover rate.
ConsI am very happy with the software. The only thing I can report negatively is maybe less promotional emails.
Bryant B.
HR/Compliance Director
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2018

“Review”

OverallWe are using the tests to screen employees pre hire.
ProsEasy to send tests to candidates. Easy to discuss tests results with someone.
ConsSome candidates can not load the tests. There is not one to call concerning this that knows how to help them.
September 4, 2018
James B.
Sales
Events Services, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2018

“Hiring that Doesn't Hurt”

OverallI had a couple of questions about the software. I was dreading asking for help. BUT the team over at Hire Talent was freaking great about answering my questions. Turnaround times were great and gave me hope for tech support people all over the world. =)
ProsI can't stress enough how happy I am to have a tool to benchmark with. It's hard enough hiring without any data. The Hire Talent gives me more confidence to make decisions. I'm a data nerd and it sooths my empirical itch.
ConsThere's no magic "make all my decisions for me" button.

By The Hire Talent on August 3, 2018
James this is one of the best reviews we've read yet! Thank you for your faith in us. We're glad to hear that you are getting the most out of our assessment tools!
August 2, 2018
John T.
April 2, 2018

“I always struggled to right person for my office position. The Hire Talent fix my problem.”

OverallHire a person that fits the needs of the job, thus a win-win because the employee is happy with their job.
ProsNew approach to finding qualified people to work for my company. The software can be customized to fit my needs. Easy to administer, and the result were quickly returned to me. It was accurate and easy to use. The cost fit my budget
ConsI found nothing negative about the software. The approach was different from any other similar, but the resulted exceeded my expentations.
April 2, 2018
Scott J.
Sales Manager
November 28, 2017

“Great tool for evaluating prospective employees!”

OverallEvaluations have been spot-on, response time on receiving evaluations has been good, customer service very responsive. Satisfied customer!
ProsWe have used TheHireTalent evaluations for a couple years now. We have found the evaluations to be very accurate and helpful in the hiring process and will continue to use them for future hires.
Jon M.
CFO
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Excellent tool to be used for determining the proper fit for a role”

OverallWe used the software to help us determine the proper candidate for a role. The software helped us eliminate a few candidates by helping us narrow down interview questions. We definitely made the right choice on our candidate and the software made it clear who we should be hiring.
ProsI enjoyed the ability to review the analysis of the test takers and ask The Hire Talent questions that would help me determine the direction in follow-up interviews.
ConsNothing. I truly enjoyed the software and we will continue to use it in the future.

By The Hire Talent on November 29, 2018
Hi Jon, Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you find our assessment tools so helpful in selecting the best candidates for your positions.
November 27, 2018
HANK L.
Executive Minister
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
November 16, 2017

“I found the process to be organized and easy. ”

OverallWas able to get a better understanding of potential candidates and used this software to measure our steps in the process of moving forward or stopping the hiring process.
ProsI thought the customer service was remarkable. The software was easy to use, and timeliness of the follow up reports were great.
ConsAlthough the follow up reports seem very reliable. I thought the results in very few instances when measured were not specific enough to our industry. However, I we would use them again.
Raymond W.
Business Manager
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2017

“Use the Hire Talent as another tool to rank potential job candidates”

OverallHelps with ranking job candiates
ProsProvides a method to objectively rank candidates beyond subjective reference checks and interview results.
ConsResults can sometimes be contradictory between different tests. Test results are not always straightforward to interpret.
December 4, 2017
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“Hire Talent”

ProsIt has been incredibly useful for us to receive real-time results on our candidates' performance. It helps our interview process to have immediate performance feedback and simplifies hiring decisions.
ConsI wish there was more detailed information and explanations on candidates' performance. I would like to see a deeper analysis of strengths, weaknesses and performance indicators.
Rich A.
CFO
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2019

“FCS”

OverallThe customer support is excellent
ProsIt's accurate with plenty of useful information.
ConsThe software is fine, the individual tests themselves are too long for the candidates. All candidates have to take at least two modules, three if the Detail module is included. Takes 45 - 70 minutes.
August 15, 2019
Kimberly H.
Front Desk Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 26, 2019

“Very useful tool for hiring staff!”

OverallThe customer service is above and beyond. My questions have always been answered in a timely fashion and the test results are almost immediate.
ProsVery user friendly. Love that I can test and screen potential new hires prior to making a job proposal.
ConsThe testing does seem to be very advanced. Would love a more simplified version.
Lupe Q.
HR Business Partner
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
August 29, 2018

“Telemarketing Assessments”

OverallOverall it serves its purpose to filter out unqualified candidates, and provide us with the best possible candidates
ProsI liked how easy it is to use and send out
ConsCould not make any edits in pre written message to cnadidates

By The Hire Talent on August 31, 2018
Hi Lupe, Thanks for letting us know how you like our service! We're glad you've found the product to be user-friendly. I wanted to let you know that we've just rolled out functionality that allows you to edit the template you send to candidates, making it even more user-friendly and customized :)
August 29, 2018
Tamica L.
Human Resources Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2018

“The Hire Talent service has significantly improved our hiring process!! ”

OverallThis software has helped us hire 5 new hires and counting!
ProsThey can customize test to cater to each of our job openings, detailed test results, which are broken down into multiple categories
ConsIn the beginning, we had several issues with the Excel test which required assistance from 2 staff members. Overall it took nearly 2 weeks until we were able to use this particular test for our Administrative Assistant job openings.
April 17, 2018
Susan J.
Vp
May 29, 2018

“We found excellent candidates through their analysis process. Highly recommend. ”

ProsWhat I like most is the results that we have gotten. The tests provide excellent insight into a candidates fit
ConsLike all tests the results can be skewed by the honesty of answering the question. The honesty rating does help
May 29, 2018
Destinee H.
Director of Operations
Accounting, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2017

“Stephanie is always on point with anything I need and the tests have helped us immensely.”

ProsThe ability to determine a candidates ability to perform certain job duties prior to hiring them. The tests allow me to determine if I want to bring a candidate back for a second interview.
ConsSome of the pricing for certain tests seems to be a little steep in my personal opinion, but otherwise nothing.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Thanks for your wonderful review, Destinee. We're glad to hear that you've found the tools helpful in your hiring process.
Gary P.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“Critical Piece to Hiring and Retention”

ProsWe as recruiters still need to hire our own employees. Without this software we wouldn't be able to make an informed decision based on key metrics that we need from our people here. This is an integral piece of hiring process and I don't know what we would do without.
ConsThere is no negative to this software, only positive.
Scott S.
December 11, 2017

“Helpful insight into potential candidates for hire”

ProsIt's easy to use and helps me get a better picture of who the candidate is before I decide to hire them.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Thanks Scott for the review! Glad to hear the assessments have been helpful for you.
December 11, 2017
November 17, 2017

“Customer support is excellent! They are readily accessible to answer questions and share insight.”

ProsI like most the customer service - being able to schedule a call to discuss the reports in general and specific results. It is also very easy to send the link to the people I want to take the assessment.
ConsSome parts of the reports are confusing and not easy to understand, but the experts at Hire Talent are very accessible to ask questions.
November 17, 2017
Amanda S.
VP, Customer Experience
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
August 12, 2019

“Excellent Insights on Candidates”

ProsAssessments are accurate and helpful, provide valuable insights into candidates. Really appreciate the correlative reporting for successful/unsuccessful team members, historically.
ConsAssessments are lengthy - doesn't make the a great candidate experience.
Gregory R.
President/Owner
February 6, 2018

“The hire talent is an excellent resource and tool to assess potential new hires.”

OverallI got a better sense of the person I may be hiring.
ProsI like the ease of use of the software and the quick and easy set up they help you take care of. I like the quick turnaround times after that new potential hire takes assessment tests. I like the fact that you can talk to staff to get more input on the results of the tests. The entire staff at new hire talent is awesome to work with.
ConsThe only thing I do not like about the software, is that it's not a bulletproof way to hire or not hire an employee. You have to use it as a tool and utilize all information gathered and then make your decision.
February 6, 2018
Susan B.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2018

“Hiring is the most important thing I do and Hire Talent helps me make better decisions.”

ProsHelping me select the right candidate. I can easily get to any candidates score so I can compare a new prospect's score to a good employee's score. Thereby making a better decision.
ConsI don't always know which test to use on candidates. I just call Fletcher to figure that out. And sometimes the test is not available for a while - a day.

By The Hire Talent on April 3, 2018
Susan, thank you for taking the time to review our testing. We're glad to hear the tools help you in selecting between candidates. We enjoy working with you!
February 1, 2018
Alex C.
Recruitment, Training and Development Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 28, 2017

“Most Accurate Data Out There”

OverallAccurate data that enables us to make smart hiring decisions.
ProsOur company uses these assessments in our recruiting process, and we look for any positive or negative trends/behavior based on the data. The reports are easy to understand, and the process of having the candidates complete is seamless.
Carlie W.
District Secretary
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2018

“We have had wonderful customer service and find the process simple and user friendly.”

OverallWe have saved so much time!
ProsThe software is not clunky and cumbersome like software we have used in the past. We are a small organization and do not have time to waste trying to figure out a more complex system. We have been very happy with the results from using this software.
February 5, 2018
Jen K.
Director of Operations
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
January 31, 2018

“Enjoyed the seeing results, but had trouble interpreting, needed a bit more training.”

OverallIt's a good start for us to determine if a program like this will be useful to us and to see if we can implement it as we grow. Right now, I think our company is too small to reap real benefits.
ProsSeemed to work well, give results expected. We don't have a dedicated HR person or tech position on our staff to help with some of the finer details. With our current staffing levels, we just didn't have the manpower to be able to use the program to it's fullest.
ConsThe layout of the final results could be laid out in a more easily understood/simpler way. We most likely needed more training and to have done more research about ow to implement results from this software.
January 31, 2018
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 28, 2017

“I told them what I wanted and they set me up with a link to get started”

OverallAbility to screen a candidate before I meet with them in the office. Saves time and gives me a better picture of their aptitude for the position being offered.
ProsThat it is easy to find a test that could pre-screen potential candidates. They ask alot of good questions and get the results back in a timely manner.
Stephanie E.
HR Generalist
Information Services, 51-200 employees
August 19, 2019

“Great Assessment, Wish It Was More Customizable”

ProsI really like the assessments, and feel it provides great feedback to support our hiring processes.
ConsI wish there was more capability for me to customize. We recently switched HR Generalists, and had to reach out to someone to change who the assessment results were emailed to. The support team responded right away to fix it, but I wish I had the capability to make the adjustments myself.
Jessica S.
HR Manager
Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees
August 12, 2019

“Great for one-off testing”

OverallIt was a pleasurable experience when we needed to use a testing software. The "follow up" calls/emails are a bit much, but I'm sensitive to that.
ProsWe only needed the testing for one position and we narrowed our candidates to a pool of 3. The tests we asked them to take helped us make our decision. The candidate we hired ultimately was rated second on the test out of the three candidates, but we made the right cultural fit for us.
ConsI don't have any negative comments about the software.
Skylar L.
August 1, 2018

“At first I was skeptical, but once I dove in, the results were exceptional. Highly Recommend.”

ProsI liked the options and functionality. This software is much more robust than the software I have used in the past. Pretty quick too. The candidate review process if fantastic. One of the best parts of the software. Also how easy it is to navigate through candidates.
ConsThere is a lot of options and with that, you need to figure out what the most important ones are. So take your time and play with it a little.
August 1, 2018
Alex E.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Talent acquisition.”

ProsThe software is adaptable to meet various talent recruitment needs and criteria in performing specific skill and aptitude assessments.
ConsThere's not much to not like about this software.
Rochelle C.
HR Director
February 2, 2018

“This has been a game changer for us in the hiring process. ”

ProsAfter the purchase you can still reach out for help with out calling a 800 number and get transferred a bunch of times.
ConsWe would appreciate a walk through of how to interpret the information received, instead of us calling to find out.
February 2, 2018
Greg S.
General Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
November 28, 2017

“I have found great employees through this testing. They don't always score well on the test.”

Overallthe ability to objectively test candidates across a spectrum that is hard to view objectively.
ProsI like the breakdown of the candidate's qualities and characteristics. I like how I can get additional feedback and guidance from "The Hire Talent" Staff.
ConsI don't like the price per test, as I would like to send it to candidates earlier in the interview process but the cost of each test keeps me from doing so.
Tanille T.
Assistant Manager
Banking, 1-10 employees
November 16, 2017

“it made our hiring process a success”

Overallafter 12 years of no hiring the software was extremely beneficial in our process
ProsI appreciated the user friendly software, and the efficiency of quick turn around. Customer service was great also. We hadn't hired in 12 years so the process was extremely helpful and we definatley made the right choice after using the software.
Conscould we have made the graphs on two potential hires be side to side to refer too? compared to two different print outs?
Nick K.
HR
Construction, 201-500 employees
August 27, 2019

“Uncertainty”

OverallWe were using the Hire Talent for assessments but have drifted away from it because of so many mixed results.
ProsI like the information that the assessment should be able to provide.
ConsI do not have faith in the software's actual validity and the confirmation of it's findings/reviews.

By The Hire Talent on October 14, 2019
Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry your results didn't meet your expectations. It's an uncommon instance and I would love to hear more details on the results of the assessments you used. Feel free to contact us at info@thehiretalent, or our number during business hours (833)332-8378
August 27, 2019
Ada R.
Psychologist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 30, 2018

“Helping The Help, Help You”

OverallStaff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
ProsUser friendly and Support accessible. Able to get help easily.
ConsDon't know enough about he program to evaluate.