MeisterTask Ratings

Overall

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management tool on the web. Its flexible project boards perfectly adapt to your team's workflow, whether you're a programmer working with sprints, a marketing team using the Kanban system, or an event manager looking for some simple but powerful task lists. Integrations with all your favorite tools such as Slack, GitHub and Zendesk let you create a seamless workflow, while smart automations ensure that you work both consistently and efficiently. Learn more about MeisterTask

Benjamin d.
General councillor
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 25, 2019

“A perfect balance between utility, useability and design”

OverallI am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!
ProsMeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.
ConsSo far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.
September 25, 2019
Sacha H.
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2019

“That's when You say: Why no one did it this way?”

OverallI downloaded MeisterTask because I was unsatisfied, for a reason or another, with the task managers I was using. I've been through todoist, asana, trello It was a total surprise: UI absolutely clean, nice and effective; workflow intuitive and super useful, logic super linear. Everything seemed to me to be, for the first time since I use task managers and gtds (I started a loooong time ago), in the perfect place. I started using it and, after 10 minutes working with it, my decision was simple: approved, and adopted. Now MeisterTasks the daily companion for me and the people I work with, for any project we have. It's not only a matter of effectiveness: MeisterTasks has a great design and lets me feel in a beautiful palce, while I organise my working life: this is a great thing, because it makes mehappy to use it, which is a motivating thing, as well. Final thoughts: easy to use and add/modify/track/share tasks/projects. Beautifully crafted. Minor things that can only be improved. My personal rating? 5 stars and a thank you.
ProsEase of use, workflow, simplicity, intuitiveness, tools, logic, learning curve: practically, almost everything. I have been using all kinds of task managers, gtds: none of them can rival the "zero curve" it took me to approach and use effectively this wonderful app. It's so well crafted that it took me really no time to decide to use it. Now, is the daily companion for me and the people I work with. Priceless.
ConsIn the webpage version I can't find how to start the timer on a task (I have to do that on the smartphone) and I have to reload the webpage, sometimes, cause it seems not to be perfectly updated. In the smartphone versions, I'd like to see all messages in a specific task organised differently: they are at the bottom, mixed with all activities, and therefore they are not so effective as they could. But is a minor thing.
Motion Pictures and Film, 1-10 employees
September 8, 2019

“Workflow Is Perfect for Us”

OverallAfter we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!
ProsIt's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.
ConsWe wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.
William C.
Sales Engineer
Computer Software, Self-employed

“Great for Personal Use”

OverallI am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important. I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.
ProsVery handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'. This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.
ConsThere are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me: 1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View 1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a lot of white space which creates significant left-to-right scrolling when using my laptop. 2) Would like to be able to set a default user for assignments. Those are the big near-term improvements for me, some other larger-scale features of interest would be.... Card Grouping like Leanit would be a great feature to have in a future release. Another feature I would like to see in the future would be integrated Gantt chart capabilities. I have this fantasy dream about a personal productivity software tool that integrates Kanban with card grouping, To-do lists, Gantt, MindMapping, and a lightweight financial projection module over time... all integrated together. I'm sure that would be a Herculean development effort, but one can dream!!
Scott F.
Director of IT
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
August 4, 2019

“Get Stuff Done!”

OverallI was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.
ProsIt's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.
ConsThere is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.
August 4, 2019
Adam C.
Data Analyst
Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams”

OverallIt's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.
ProsIt's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.
ConsI personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.
July 18, 2019
Michael A.
Student
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
June 21, 2019

“Overall great app with only three areas of improvement”

OverallIt helps me organize my daily tasks and not forget about tasks which I do not have a scheduled date for yet.
ProsWhat I like most about MeisterTask is its Graphical User Interface which is very appealing. It makes using the program very easy and enjoyable. Also, it is not clogged up with information so you always have a good idea at first glance regarding what you need to do and what you have already done.
ConsThere are 3 things that I whish MeisterTask had: 1. Enhanced notification settings: The only thing that I found a bit frustrating when using Meistertask in a group project is that notifications are limited to the people asigned to a project or watching it. What would be helpful if there was an option where you could set notifications in a way that the entire group gets informed about all the activity. For example, we used one board as a notification board. So when there was information that the team leader wanted to give out to the entire group (so noone specifically) than he/she would post it there. Problem was, nobody was notified by meistertask about. That was one of the reasons why people in my group stopped using meistertask. So I strongly recommend that you enhance the notification settings. So that there are options where you can opt to be informed about everything that is happening on meister task. 2. Calendar: It would be great if there was a calendar which shows when you have scheduled your tasks. So if you set a deadline for a task that calendar should display it. That would just help with visualizing when certain tasks are due. Because now Im using another app as a calendar. Would be great if I could use meistertask for both. 3. Gantt Chart: Along with the point abovde a gantt chart would be nice too. So if there was an option to not only set a deadline but also a duration for a task. That can then be displayed in a gantt chart. That would be awesome.
June 21, 2019
Marcus H.
Customer and Communications Strategist
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
June 10, 2019

“Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve”

OverallOverall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.
ProsUnlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.
ConsThe only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.
June 10, 2019
Construction, 11-50 employees
May 28, 2019

“Functional project management across teams”

OverallWe use Meister Task to keep everyone in the loop and track each project or sale from beginning to end, making team communication and even project summary easier and more readily available to those in the office, as well as those in the field.
ProsThis software makes team project management seamless. Everyone involved in every step of the project can keep track of what is happening and when it is happening. Making easy hand-offs and open communication seamless throughout the entire project. The software is customizable and user-friendly for every level of digital experience. Users can schedule task reminders to keep tasks from slipping through the cracks. Tags make information easily available at a glance, and activity posts give a running synopsis of activity within each task. This is truly a tool for team organization.
ConsEach task has the capability for a running synopsis of activity within the task, but it would be helpful to be able to have a little more control of the organization of comments within the task. All comments currently are listed in the order that they are made. This makes it a little difficult to follow the flow of information since all information is mixed in the flow, instead of being able to make a comment directly to the post it refers to. i.e. If a shipment is made to the client and posted to the task, the only person who can change or add to that specific comment , is the original poster. Not being able to change someone else's post is a good thing, but it would be nice if others could attach an update or change specific to that post, as a sub-post instead of 5 or 6 comments later in the stream. When all comments are mixed this way, it is sometimes difficult to follow the flow and keep related comments properly connected.
May 28, 2019
Kathy J.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
January 24, 2019

“Just what I'd been looking for”

OverallMeisterTask is amazing and I really can't believe what they offer with the Basic version, for free. I finally have all the organizational tools I need, in one place, without having to have a to do list at one place, a calendar at another place, etc. I can't speak to their customer service, as I've never needed it for anything.
ProsI'm not exaggerating when I say I've tried almost every online task management software in existence. They're all either just not quite right or too expensive. MeisterTask offers a Basic (free) subscription, with several paid levels (Pro & Business) you can upgrade to as needed. Many similar products have free versions, but they are greatly limited in comparison to the paid counterparts (and what you get with each is not always transparent.) MeisterTask Basic is everything I need and it's not just a short-term trial that's going to run out as soon as you're hooked on it! Like most of entrepreneurs these days, I have multiple projects I'm juggling on a daily basis and it is so overwhelming dealing with software that forces me to lump everything in one place. MeisterTask helps me keep them all sorted out ... and separate, like a virtual filing cabinet/planner/to do list. I've created a board for each project and with MeisterTask, I view each one, by itself, as needed. The boards are made up of drag and drop columns to keep each and every task need and tidy. Plus it's colorful, which I love! When visiting the site, you're first greeted by your Dashboard, where you can see tasks with approaching due dates from across your Projects. I like how they sort this for you. They've recently added a helpful standalone checklist where you can add quick to dos on the fly and have them there at a glance, without being attached to any particular project.
ConsThe only thing I would change about MeisterTask is that each task needs to be specifically assigned to a "team member" or it's automatically marked as "unassigned". For those of us who are using MeisterTask as individuals, it might be nice to be able to state that somewhere in settings, so all tasks automatically default to us, just to save that extra step. This is just a very minor inconvenience, however, and I had to nitpick to come up with it. It is also important to note that the free version doesn't support recurring tasks, but if you need that, the Pro price is very, very reasonable for the additional features it has.
January 24, 2019
Daniel L.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2019

“Enjoying Meister”

OverallIn over all I like it I can have different projects and people and I can run all in easy way
ProsThe UI is nice, and what I most love is you can track your time! and make relations between cards
Consthe price! definitely if I want to make pro I'm not sure that I can pay for it yet is not there something that make me feel that have great value for be pro
October 14, 2019
Nicola P.
Textile Artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
May 23, 2019

“At Last I've Found Something That Really Works”

OverallI am professional artist so I'm using it for art projects - the creative and marketing tasks involved are generally the same - I've used the task template function to save time with all the to do's - it's provided me with more structure and consistency and has jogged my memory so many times and kept me on track. It makes managing so many subtasks so much easier - and seeing them laid out in a visually pleasing and easy to access way makes for a calmer mind and less stress. I have one renovation project which has a huge number of tasks and sub tasks. Previously I had written lists which were ok, but using Meistertask has made it so much easier to manage them, as well as giving me somewhere to record my thoughts in the comments under each task so that thinking through problems and making decisions can sit in the same place. When I get a random thought or a link related to a task, I can add it via the app and it's not lost in the maelstrom. I'm using the free version which gives so much value, I'm considering using a paid version just so I can access the stats and see my progress but that is just icing on the cake really. I absolutely love, love, love Meistertask and highly recommend it. It's changed my life and I enjoy using it every day.
ProsIt's visually pleasing to work with, you can colour code projects and add coloured tags which makes it easier to see what is going on. You can build custom task lists to reuse that saves a lot of time. You can put things into "focus" and add deadlines. Adding in links, files and comments makes tasks easier to think through and access reference material within the context of planning. There is so much functionality even with the free version.
ConsThere is no calendar function without integrating with another app. It would be awesome to be able to see scheduled tasks laid out in a calendar. I've sometimes had difficulty visualising overarching goals and tracking habits (I'm using the free version so there are no stats available).
May 23, 2019
Matt H.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
June 24, 2019

“LOVE Meistertask!”

ProsI manage several grant projects at a time with several staff members working on each grant. I used to have a GIANT white board in my office where I would track the progress on grant deliverables and staff assignments. At the end of every day, I would spend 30 minutes to an hour erasing and updating the white board. Now, with MeisterTask, that task is cut down to 10-15 minutes. What's even better, is now I can just go ahead and assign people tasks right within MeisterTask and we can have whole conversations about tasks without ever leaving the program. IT IS A LIFE CHANGER for me. Beyond the features, it's also incredibly easy to use. Our staff was able to dive in and get acquainted with the program very quickly (and we aren't always the most tech savvy.) I HIGHLY recommend trying it out. I've started using MeisterTask for personal projects as well.
ConsI wish there were better data tracking features. Like when you archive a task, it would be nice to be able to go back and see what got done in a single day. We also do a lot of data tracking for grants. We explored using Custom Feilds to record the data we were tracking. It worked great in the program, but did not download cleanly at all into a CSV which we needed for reports to our funders. If Meistertask could build some more robust data tracking into the program, it would be even better!
June 24, 2019
Rachel H.
Coordinator of Operations
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
March 30, 2019

“Easy and affordable for my little nonprofit office”

OverallAs mentioned before, I have been able to save and categorize my office gmail emails as visually-pleasing, easily-comminicable tasks that can be shared in my little office. It has replaced the ugly little scribble-notes on my desk (for the most part). :) We are a small non-profit (four people altogether) so the free basic account is wonderful, although we are considering the Pro. I have already mentioned it to several friends.
ProsIt is free and an add-on within gmail! And it's beautiful! Our office uses G-Suite, and I was desperate for a replacement for Inbox, which I had been using for the last year because it allowed me to pin notes and to-dos on each email regarding such things as follow-ups needed or website updates for users. MeisterTask allows us to take a gmail email and turn it into a categorized to-do task that I can categorize, assign to someone, and place a due date on. I love that I can have a conversation per to-do and my admin asst and I can get tasks done and tuck them away without ever having to ask each other questions in panic as later follow-up.
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like given what I am using it for. Maybe more could show up there as notifications - such as what is still in progress or yet to complete (or maybe I can set this up in settings somewhere)? I would love to take it to take it to a higher level, because I am using Smartsheets for event management, but I would need to be able to build and save multiple projects (outside of my office tasks) and be able to make use of complex templates and viewable calendars. I'm not quite sure what/where my abilities end with MesiterTask, but then I just started using it. I hope it doesn't go away.

By Meister on April 8, 2019
We're very happy to hear you're using MeisterTask and that you're also making use of the integration with Gmail! You can customize your notification settings when you click on "preferences" in your project board. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review Rachel! We'll take your feedback in consideration!
March 30, 2019
Peter T.
product owner
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
August 13, 2019

“good and easy kanban board”

Overallfor a while i did use it daily for freelance projects and private life planning. also used it for some scrum-like sprints, more the execute part of it than the planning and strategy
Proseasy to use, good functionlity in the free version. good for small projects and private use or freelance use
Conswould love unlimited space to add text in the cards (it is limited in my free version, maybe paid version as well
August 13, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
August 26, 2019

“Great for To-Dos and Project Management ”

OverallMeisterTask is really helping me keep track of the many things I have going on and keeping them organized by project, with deadlines and action items. It's a free tool that gives me all I need in a task management system when other brands and systems have fallen flat.
ProsI started using MeisterTask about a year ago to keep track of all my projects internally. To be honest, even though it's marketed as a teams system, I love using it for just myself. It's the only to-do list type system I've found that helps me keep track of where things are and keep them organized. I like how you can manually move tasks from start, to in progress, to finish. You can clearly indicate action items and next steps, unlike a lot of the to-do list apps I've found. I also love that I can use it seamlessly from my computer to my phone.
ConsHonestly, it's kind of all I need in a to-do/project management software. I've definitely found some quirks and some things in the system I need to get used to. But, overall it has all the features that one would use for task management and the collaboration process looks like it could be easy as well.
August 26, 2019
Software Developer
Construction, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“Delicious!”

OverallI settled in Amsterdam. Before moved here, I started to set up some organization schema in Turkey with my friends for their business. I told them about Scrum and Agile methods. Then I presented this tool as a seller! Now, all the guys are using MeisterTask. It is simple, and the guys were really far away to the scheduling task. Although this, everyone follows the task in here!
ProsEverything is easy. I use this tool with my team and my own to schedule myself.
ConsRelated task following will be nicer more than that. Create Subtask can be similar as Jira Tool. Because I want to Main Task and Following Sub Tasks. But we could move on the board as separately. Main Task | - Sub 1 | - Sub 2 | - Sub 3 |

By Meister on May 23, 2019
Thanks for the amazing review Erkin! We're really happy to hear that MeisterTask is helping you manage your projects. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for spreading the word! :)
May 21, 2019
andrea c.
Copywriter
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 6, 2019

“Screw Asana. MeisterTask is the best workflow project/task/to-do manager bar none.”

OverallI start my day with MeisterTask. I drag and drop throughout the day as I accomplish my tasks. I make things look just how I want them with easy colour and text customizations. I use the checklists and notifications tp keep me on track. MeisterTask is a game changer when it comes to organization.
ProsIt's free for freelancers. You can scale it to teams as you grow. The interface is beautiful. The dashboard is everything you need but remains simple and clean. The ease-of-use is incredible (drag and drop your kanban boards). It comes as an app for my Google Pixel 3 (that also looks and works as great as the browser version). It integrates a time clock. I use Harvest for that, but I love that this feature is here if needed. Colour coding is sweet. Checklists are quick and easy. Deadline notifications are awesome. Customization is easy. Unlimited projects
ConsI literally have no cons for this software. I am a company of one using this amazing free software and it does everything I need. I don't know what I would do without it. You have to try it. Blows bigger more known-about competitors out of the water.
August 6, 2019
Alvin L.
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2019

“Meistertask”

OverallWe use Meistertask as a Project Collaboration tool. It has provided excellent features in this area and provides all the functionality we require using the free version.
Pros- Free Version is feature packed and provides most functionality of software, Paid gives you more customization - Seamless integration and use from desktop environment to mobile environment - Reminders for overdue tasks - Open communication on projects with our Projects Team
Cons- Occasionally crashes - Once or Twice when the program opens for the first time it seems to open off screen, no amount of changing resolution, reboots or maximize or minimizing the program helps, program needs to be reset
October 10, 2019
Mutegeki R.
Research Assistant
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 8, 2019

“Improved project planning and management”

OverallBefore Meister Task, having a centralized Project management system that allowed us to keep track of projects, assign tasks and reporting on progress was a nightmare. We find it a lot easier these days because of MT.
ProsThe software platforms are seamlessly integrated and I have access to my tasks on the go.
ConsI haven't yet found any issues with this software but as soon as I do, I'll definitely bring them up to the dev team. However, providing for the ability to add project level resources (files and attachments) would be nice. Absence of email updates on pending tasks (not calender based) could also be useful.
Kamila K.
Team Lead Trainer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
June 22, 2019

“Look no more!”

OverallI was solving a priority problem. There are so many tasks that I am invovled in that span a lot of different organizations and functions. /I needed something that could clearly detail what I needed to do and when. The checklists have been great for that as well as the different categories.
ProsThat's how I felt when I saw this software. I decided that it was easily the best and most fluid. It is clean, clear and intuitive which I need when I am organizing. I love the customizations and details that are available.
ConsI can't think of anything at the moment. It's worked really well for my business needs. If I HAD to pick something it would be that you can't scroll right to left in the tasks.
June 22, 2019
Kevin E.
Kevin
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Sales Director”

OverallMeisterTask helps keep me and my team organized, visible and accountable. Tasks rarely slip through the cracks
ProsI love the following benefits of MeisterTask (among many others) Ease of Use Cross & multi-platform capabilities Kanban UI Ability to customize
ConsThe only thing I can complain about - and this is nitpicking - is the lack of internal calendar.
September 30, 2019
Afonso D.
Product Designer
Design, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2019

“Reminders”

OverallAs I told, very simple to use and have nice costumizations, excellent quotes that inspires me everyday, continue like that!
ProsEasy to use, very simple and powerful, with many costumizations, always with good quotes that insipires me everyday, I like that!
ConsThe only thing that I want now is to have the option to remind me the tasks, for example, I set up one task for 14PM and I forgot, the app in my smartphone appears an notification and I get in touch with my task, or in the desktop, appears an messagem in the bottom, to notify me. Would be an amazing upgrade and it will be a nice thing to do.
August 9, 2019
Lokman S.
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
June 25, 2019

“The best Task management tool to date”

ProsUX Integrations It is really intuitive and makes you use it daily.
ConsProject management features are basic. No GANT Chart, you can not assign to more than one person. Time tracking features are very basic.
June 25, 2019
Education Management, 201-500 employees
May 18, 2019

“Clean. Efficient. Powerful. Organized.”

ProsMeisterTask is perfect for my needs. There are so many different things that can be done both in and through MeisterTask. For example, we have it set up to automatically input tasks through a department-wide form, in which a title, description, and due date can all be automatically assigned. MeisterTask allows easy task delegation and notification upon completion. As stated in the title, it is clean, efficient, powerful, organized, and we couldn't love it more or imagine our workplace without it.
ConsSometimes, the bright colors can be overwhelming, but the color coding is still very efficient.
May 18, 2019
Nijat M.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“Review about MeisterTask”

OverallI truly love that Meistertask has a clock highlight to follow how much time my group spends on ventures. I use Meistertask in my entire association to oversee undertakings and errands. Having the option to make huge amounts of isolated tasks and offer with specific individuals is incredible. Having the option to remark on explicit to-dos is extraordinary. Having the option to team up with individuals and offer is incredible. I truly like the MeisterTask interface. Perfect, wonderful and composed.
ProsThe interface is natural. It's flawlessly done. You needn't bother with any directions to get up and going. They have truly centered in around the most significant parts of assignment management.Then altering the classes and simple expectation to absorb information (so natural!). Precisely what I was searching for. It has genuinely streamlined my customer based undertakings. Also, I cherish that I can keep my daily agenda in a sorted out region that I can access on any gadget. It's additionally incredible that other colleagues can team up on errands.
ConsThe coordination with MindMeister is somewhat awkward and could be streamlined I can sincerely say I don't have a solitary terrible thing to state about Meistertask. I have no bad things to say. About the main thing I've missed is shared task gatherings. There is nothing that I don't care for about this product. I have attempted a wide range of assignment chiefs previously and this one is impeccable.
May 14, 2019
Guillaume T.
Software Engineer
September 18, 2019

“MeisterTask is my day to day assistant”

OverallMeisterTask is really helping me with my tasks on a day to day basis. It's a really good software and I definitely recommend it.
Pros- The user experience - The quality of the service
Cons- To move a task to done automatically you need the PRO version
September 18, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“Great Tool”

OverallWe keep us all updated what we have to do on a daily, weekly and monthly bases.
ProsIt's easy to use, user friendly and looks amazing
ConsThe price for the business version is to high
September 10, 2019
Jeff C.
Postal & Copy Center Manager
Printing, 51-200 employees
July 12, 2019

“Great Project Organizer”

OverallAs stated above, MeisterTask has helped me optimize production and made operations more efficient.
ProsSince I began using MeisterTask, it has increased by productivity in my print shop. I have been able to create projects and place them in my to-do list by automating the requisitions. Prioritizing and keeping track of the progress has made the operation more efficient.
ConsI have a few suggestions for upgrades that I am planning to send to the developers. Otherwise, I don't have anything to "complain" about.
July 12, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
April 8, 2019

“Meister Task Review”

OverallI am using it for university purposes. I find it very useful because I got more organized. I am using it every day and at the beggining of the day I just need to see what I have to do, and do it. I spent less time in reading a list of tasks that I need to do today, instead of trying to remember what I needed to do - and in more cases the final result is forgetting something. I think this software is very useful for every person in school, university, and for sure in work. I was using some kind of software in my workplace and the benefits were great - everyone knew what to do in every moment. And the separation of tasks was very easy process. I pretty recommend software like this, cause people nowadays have a lot of work, and they need to stay organized in order not to forget something important in daily life.
Pros1. It is very intuitive. 2. It is very easy to use. 3. You have all your stages of work in one page - also you can define your won stages. 4. You can create tasks and add to them some extra info - like list of tasks, due dates, assing tasks - and everything very easy. 5. Users will see only their tasks and concentrate on their own activities. 6. You can customize the pretty design which is not bad. 7. It has a global search which is useful when you need to search something in all tasks.
Cons1. Maybe adding pictures to tasks will be a pros, or adding some files ( well I am not quite sure, but the version I am using does not have this feature ) Well believe it or not, at this moment this is the only disatvantage I see.

By Meister on April 17, 2019
Thanks for the amazing review. Truly appreciate your kind words! Please note that file attachments up to 20 MB per file are already available, also for free profiles. For further questions please contact our support.
April 8, 2019
Marina W.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
January 22, 2019

“The best software in the world for task management”

OverallI use MeisterTask for business and private purposes and it 10x my productivity. I can set reminders, delegate certain tasks to team members, use checklists for complex tasks and even build hierarchies of task dependencies. It is so flexible, that you can really do anything with it, especially through the Zapier integration. I can highly recommend it.
ProsThe software is visually appealing, it is easy to use and contains in the free version all functionality you need to start. I like particularly that I can add notes, links, tags, and checklists to each task entry. I can share projects with team members and assign tasks. It synchronizes across all my devices and integrates with my calendars, and even gives out statistics on how long each team member worked on each task. The customer support is very helpful and nice.
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like about this software. I have tried many different task managers in the past and this one is perfect.
January 22, 2019
Rob F.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2019

“The absolute best way to organize a massive multi-faceted to-do list!”

OverallWe were missing deadlines and upsetting customers because too many projects on our multiple Excel spreadsheets were getting skipped or missed accidentally. Meistertask puts everything right in front of our face and keeps us more organized than we've ever been before!
ProsWe love the ease of use of Meistertask, and how easily it helped us get everything more organized and manageable. We typical have 25-30 tasks running at the same time, so without Meistertask, it would be impossible to keep track of them all. It sure beats the heck out of the old Excel method that we were using for years!
ConsThe bottom horizontal scroll bar is SUPER hard to click accurately because it's so skinny. Plus, since it disappears when you're not moused over it, most people don't even know it's there, and they all complain that they can't easily reach columns that are too far to the right of the page. Make it NOT disappear, and please make it taller so that it's easier to click and drag.
January 18, 2019
Madison K.
Financial Analyst
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
February 25, 2019

“My Favorite Tool For Organizing Everything”

OverallI have used this software at a job where it was heavily implemented, and am still using it at my other job that doesn't use it internally and I have had many people comment on how great it is and how they wish their companies implemented it more often. I even used it for organizing my packing list for moving houses, and for a lot of my school work in college. So overall I want to say I love this software, and I hope more companies see just how organized they could be if they were to use it.
ProsI love the ease of use of this software, as I really enjoy being able to drag and drop items into the easy to personalize columns. I also like how it is integrated with websites like If This Then That (ITTT) to connect the software even more to my email and calendars.
ConsI wish there was more of the integrations found on If This Then That and similar websites on the platform so I could more easily connect all my platforms. Also, I would like to see a feature that is like the loaded list option in a task, except for a set list of tasks - for example a weekly set of tasks that I could load repeatedly on a certain date like the beginning of a week.
February 25, 2019
Kyoung Rock K.
Senior Technical Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 10, 2019

“An inspirational magical tool”

OverallI've used about 10 collaborative tools and issue tracking tools, but I think this is the best tool ever. I think it is the best tool for all members to feel good at their tasks, in a true sense, for collaboration.
ProsBeautiful, intuitive, and filled with essentials. I use the free version, but this is enough. My colleagues (general affairs team) was very curious, and in just a few hours everyone started using it easily. My favorite thing is that the way I look at my work has changed slightly since I feel good even if I look at it. This means that it can be delightful to look at my to-do list. If you use a MacBook and a Chrome browser, MeisterTask will help you imagine beautiful and cool things from the morning until you fall asleep, and it also helps you to move your inspiration into reality.
ConsThere have been occasional slowdowns when there are more cards on the screen, but it seems to have improved a lot. I tried to develop a system that integrates with this, but I'm frustrated by the reality that it can not be developed as beautiful as this.
February 10, 2019
Amanda J.
Multimedia Designer
Media Production, 1001-5000 employees
January 31, 2019

“Practically Perfect in Every Way”

OverallI love love love Meistertask. Our multimedia team implemented it as our task management system three years ago and it has become absolutely central to our workflow. I also use it to organize my freelance work, and even as a real-time meal planner and shopping list. It can handle all my personal and professional projects!
ProsIt's visually beautiful, intuitive, integrative, and keeps an amazing track record of everything done by each team member. Tasks can be traded off with ease, and everyone stays on the same page. The simplicity of format gives me peace of mind that things are checked off and accounted for, and the ARCHIVES! We now have records on over 3,000 multimedia jobs that we can search for reference. It's so easy to use and explain.
ConsHonestly the only thing to bug me came with 2.0. You can no longer preview Word documents without downloading them, which is kind of a pain when it was so fluid and accessible in 1.0.
January 31, 2019
Vaughan W.
Mastering Engineer
Music, 1-10 employees
January 16, 2019

“Best Productivity app I've ever used!”

ProsI've tried about 10-15 different productivity apps - some web based, some app based, some do both - and there is not a single one as robust and flexible as Meistertask. I am a professional mastering engineer for a Grammy award winning Mastering House. There has been no better way to keep track of incoming calls, current clients and pending projects than this app. I can assign tasks to other engineers, add checklists for tasks, and even clearly mark who has paid and who still owes us money. I can't find any other app that has a layout I can control as intuitively. Couldn't be happier!
ConsI wish I could batch move tasks to another Section. When I need to complete tasks, but move them to another section, the drag/drop works well for one at a time, but when I complete multiple tasks at once, it would be nice to move a bunch - on all platforms, web and iOS.
January 16, 2019
Meagan J.
HR and IT Manager
June 29, 2019

“Even great for Kids”

OverallI haven't been using Meister Task for Business, as I am an IT professional and use Salesforce for business. I purchased Meister Task for personal use. I use it to organize tasks for the various volunteer organizations I belong to, but actually, more than anything, we use Meister Task for household chores. I have three kids (11,10, and 6) and we manage all of the household chores via Meister Task. We have a Kanban for recurring tasks and we have steps within each task that need to be completed before the task is considered "complete." This ensures that when the bathroom is cleaned, all the pieces are completed to get that task finished. It is easy for the kids to use on their ipads, and I can manage and assign tasks from my iphone, ipad, and Macbook. The kids get push notifications when tasks are assigned to them, and they can still have unassigned tasks that they can pick up on their own as well. My oldest does more tasks several days a week to earn privledges and she actually created her own Meister Task kanban to mange those, and invited me to manage and add to it. So basically, it's so easy that children can use it.
ProsI love Kanbans. I love the ability to color code, drag and drop, and create multiple boards, as well as multiple steps beneath each task. It's easy to use.
ConsI have yet to run into anything that is a deal breaker. I feel the cost is a bit high for personal use.
June 29, 2019
Vladimir M.
manager
Printing, 1-10 employees

“Brilliant”

OverallI have tried to make a workflow with several similar solutions for a few years. All of them were great but my coworkers simply could not adopt properly any of these solutions. With MeisterTask the whole team made a switch in a day. I think that design was first that seduced them.
ProsUI design, simplicity, smart but strong enough. Like the integration with MindMeister too.
ConsNothing to complain. At first I wished more customisation options but later I changed my mind.
Ruben Francisco A.
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Amazingly intuitive1”

OverallThe boards and cards are very easy to understant, to interpretate and to edit and to do and add many things to help the manage and accomplish the tasks.
ProsI'm very happy to test and probably influence to purchase this product join with Mind Meister, it's useful, practice and vey intuitive. I recommend!!
ConsThe software cannot alow a visua calendar like I see in Trello software, this facilitates the overview of the tasks
Rudy P.
Freelance
Music, Self-employed
August 10, 2019

“Innovation out of imagination! Amazing!”

OverallMeisterTask reduced a lot the time of the processes and reduced my working day. What can I say better than that?
ProsSync a team has never been so easy and fast for me! it's a task manager on the edge to become a CMR.
ConsIn my opinion, there's only one little missing piece of this perfect puzzle of functions: more integration with Shortcuts (Apple) as with IFTTT. Once MeisterTask will communicate more with Shortcuts, I think I can stop work!
August 10, 2019
Ana U.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“Ideal to work with your team”

OverallMy overall experience with MeisterTask is very positive, Good experience. Takes time assign task and get everything ready but absolutely worth it.
ProsMeisterTask is ideal to work with your team and have a better view of your project, tasks and progress. What I like most about MeisterTask is the possibility to attach elements like pictures, notes, files, etc. It is a good option if you want to schedule tasks and priorities. I like you can connect MeisterTask with MindMeister, it is very useful
ConsI think the MeisterTask team are doing a good job offering all the features possible to make our business easy and effective.
June 4, 2019
Ma. Louren C.
Admin Support | Content Writer | Researcher
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2018

“A Visually Soothing Task Management Solution”

ProsI am working remotely for a foreign company and having something like a virtual task board helps in managing, assigning, and tracking task progress. I like that it is visually stunning as it is customizable. It creates a relaxing work environment that helps me become more productive. Also, we can create pre-defined checklists for recurring/repetitive tasks. It has integrations too on software/applications we use which are really helpful like slack, bitbucket, two of which we frequently use. Out of all the task management app I tried, I like this one the most because of aesthetics, usability, integrations, and customizations.
ConsMeistertask's recent update rearranged my checklist items and I can't figure out how to reorder them. So I reverted back to th previous version. Also, I use its Android app so I can still be updated but most times I need to logout and log back in again to get it to sync. But other than these, I love this amazing tool.
August 22, 2018
Camille A.
Business Owner
August 31, 2019

“A great task management toold”

ProsLOVE the idea behind 'MeisterTask' as in integrates with their very own mind map tool called MindMeister. They have a very friendly user interface. Their dashboard looks nice, featuring to-do, notifications, time, and inspirational quote at the bottom left.
ConsWould like to see more integrations. A dark theme.
August 31, 2019
Mandana M.
Enterprise Sales Director
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2019

“Awesome way to help prioritize keeping your eye on the ball! ”

OverallWonderful way to leave pen to paper and enhance with digital project management. This is fantastic to share with other co-workers who are working on projects with you, and allows you to add outlook emails in when needed create new tasks.
ProsEase of use and integration features with Outlook for emails. Ability to reprioritize tasks on the fly. Rate tasks via color coding. Being able to archive old tasks. Being able to share projects with others.
ConsThat you cannot add a target date to the checklist items within tasks. This way you can re-prioritze task "checklist" targets as well. That would be a great to have that to work in the tool more effectively.
César C.
Project Manajer
Information Services, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“Easy to use PM application”

OverallLet me keep track of the assigned duties of my team. Easily priority tasks sort ´.
ProsIntuitive user interface Simple interface Excelent performance Simple way to share projects between different stakeholders
ConsNo difference between web application and desktop one.
Fred C.
Estimator
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
February 13, 2019

“Excellent Display of Project Notes”

OverallVery useful product. There are a number of ways to save this type of data but none have provided me the speed and consistent layout of MeisterTask. It does work well for sharing info with business associates but I don't use it much for that.
ProsI work on 20 to 30 projects at a time. Most of them are similar but have critical differences. It is very easy to get the critical elements of the projects mixed up. This provides a place to enter notes in an organized fashion such that it can be called up quickly to provide the project info when a phone call comes in.
ConsWhen editing a cell, the "enter" key moves you to the next cell rather than moving down a line within the cell. You have to remember to use "shift-enter" to create a new line. This takes a bit of getting used to. Everything is kept in the cloud. Creating a local backup of the files in PDF format is time consuming. A macro that would back all the projects up to a single PDF would save a lot of time.
February 13, 2019
Dejan P.
Religious officer
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
January 27, 2019

“Free Features That Worth Much”

OverallFor many years I have used Trello, several months Asana and really long time Google Keep. And I have searched Kanban like software everywhere. Logic behind Kanban is really good. I am programmer amateur and I have tried to use some opensource kanban projects to make my own kanban software, but with this tool, your tool, I don't need any other software. I can continue to do what I like with MeisterTask to organize my projects. I like MeisterTask so much that I have moved all my tasks from Google Keep and projects from Trello (except some organisational projects) to MeisterTask. Several projecst I have sync with my wife and some friends. I have bring them to MeisterTask software. They like it so far. This app is great. I love it. So please, keep it simple and customizable, it is important. Thank you very much.
ProsSimple and fast. I use Desktop version on Windows 10 but I use several android devices as well as iPad. Everywhere is simple as it could be. Coloring lists is really helpful, Projects are accessible and easy to manage. You can customize many things. Special when is word about tags, recordings, defaults...etc. I never wondered where is what. This tool is logical. Software is working offline so you don't have to be connected to add or remove things. Later everything is synchronized.
ConsI would like to have price for full software, not to rent it yearly or monthly. I don't have company or big business so I don't need all Pro features. I like free features but If I can pay for full software for reasonable price I would do it. So biggest con is Paying plan.
January 27, 2019
Joe L.
Senior Consultant
Management Consulting, 501-1000 employees
December 20, 2018

“This a great, lightweight tool with a TON of great features”

OverallThis tool has been great for me to organize the tremendous amount of moving parts on several projects and work streams. There are so many activities that are taking place at any given time, and Meistertask has been an extremely easy and effective way to keep track of everything. I think the most powerful part of it has been the flexibility to create my own classifications, tags, and comments on the tasks. It's completely replaced any manual note taking I do and has allowed me to easily document what steps were taken and what needs to happen next.
ProsI use Meistertask to manage multiple projects and work streams because it's so flexible and lightweight. I even us it for day-to-day activities for my firm and our major client. Very flexible. The Web and iOS versions are fantastic and fast, and the functionality you get even with the free version is incredible. I'm a big fan and the team at Meistertask does a great job with webinars and customer service.
ConsFor overall project management, it'd be great to get a start date and be able to plot some of the activities/tasks on a gantt. That's an old school way of managing a project, but people like to see the timeline visually.
December 20, 2018
Denis J.
Host
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
October 7, 2019

“Free task manager ideal for small group”

OverallSimplicity. We could start working efficiently immediately. No learning curve.
ProsThe free version is sufficient for working in small team : sharing tasks on different projects, commenting on tasks and attaching documents and todo lists. The pro version is appealing but for the moment I can work with the free version and test it in details. The interface is simple and convivial and this is why I choose MeisterTask.
ConsIn my case, very small business, not for profit, the price is a little too high and if you want to expand it with other module (zappier) it can be expensive. I'm Ok for the free version for the moment and I'll consider the pro later on.
Aaron P.
Financial Security Advisor
Financial Services, Self-employed
August 1, 2019

“An absolute must!”

ProsAn incredible software that makes task organization easy, simple, and visual. The Kanban layout shows you exactly what needs to be done and at what stage of the process it is currently. This means ANYBODY with things to accomplish can use this. It's a particular must for teams that are involved in a project because the cards allow you to assign the task to a specific team member. It also allows you to track activity to see your team's progress. Meistertask is now fully integrated into my daily routine and has definitely helped me get things done in a more efficient and strategic (and not to mention fun) manner!
ConsNot really a 'con', but I'd prefer more customization with the layout and look of the Kanban board.
August 1, 2019