Cayan Ratings

Overall

About Cayan

Cayan has the small to mid-size business owner in mind. Not only do they work out customized solutions for each business, but they do not charge companies to start their credit card processing services, do not lock a company into a contract or charge cancellation fees if business owners decide to change processors or go out of business. If you should find a company offering the same services at a lower cost, Cayan will pay you $100. Learn more about Cayan

Robert C.
Packaging and Containers, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2017

“Never have to think about it,”

OverallWith the Cayan system it makes our card processing very easy. The end of the month balancing is quick and easy. Makes bookkeeping an ease.
ProsWhen it is integrated with your POS system as mine is, its a breeze to operate. The reporting is very well organized which makes bookkeeping very easy. Customer Service is spot on. Very professional and has always replied to any inquire.
ConsThe system is integrated with our POS system and it works seamlessly. If I had to pick one thing, it would be if there is an issue you are not sure if it is the POS system, Cayan or a network issue.
kate l.
Vice President
December 15, 2017

“the process could not be easier”

Overallfast!
ProsThe Genius machine works great. Our money is deposited the next day. Awesome. I also recommend having Swipe and an I-pad with a data plan as a back-up. It's saved us when we had internet problems without missing a beat.
ConsI wish it wasn't a separate machine that takes up counter space. Maybe in the future it can be integrated into our POS software (Keystroke)
December 15, 2017
Val T.

“great service”

Overallcloud based system
Proseasy to use and it integrates with the sites that are needed. like the integration with the vendors and the smartetailing integration as well.
Conswish it would create min and max suggestions based on sales data. would like to see less changes and more communication with the retailer. Would like the system to be faster and not to deteriorate during busy times
Butch t.
January 20, 2018

“very good always helpful”

OverallA fast and efficient program with help quickly if I need it.
ProsI don't have much trouble with it. It works well, and customer service is prompt and very helpful whenever I need help
ConsI would like the signature part taken off so people would not have to sign with every purchase as long it would still work
January 20, 2018
February 15, 2019

“Financial Transparency!”

OverallOverall, Cayan's support team has blown me away and not only do they fix the (my) problem, they teach me how to avoid it in the future.
ProsI've been using Cayan for about a year now, and have to say that my favorite thing about the software is the customer support. I haven't had many problems understanding Cayan features and functionality (self-taught), but when I do have a question the customer support representatives have always been able to diagnose the issue and lead me through -teaching me along the way- to a solution.
ConsI have three different Cayan accounts to manage three different aspects of our business (retail/restaurant/eCom) and all of my reporting is in three separate accounts. I haven't yet figured out how to easily navigate between the three, but that sure would be nice.
February 15, 2019
Courtney T.
Install Coordinator
March 15, 2018

“Works Well”

ProsThe layout is easy to use. I also like that I can save customer info and card info for faster transactions in the future.
ConsWe originally went with Cayan because it was supposed to be able to work with another program that we use, but unfortunately it does not.
March 15, 2018
Casey J.
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsIt is very easy to use and the transaction history is a life saver sometimes.
ConsThe only con that I have with this program is that we were told that it would work with a program that we had already purchased and it does not.
March 7, 2018
LINDA E.
LMFT

“Works great”

ProsGood customer service and never had problems. When I would call for help, they were professional and fast
ConsAs with credit card fees, it adds up but when you have your own business it's part of the expenses.
Caroline C.
Controller
December 14, 2017

“Excellent service since Day 1, easy to use website, great value in a competitive industry”

ProsVery easy to use and good support when questions arise. We have multiple users internally and training was very easy for all.
Consthere are some limits to reporting flexibility, but nothing that has caused an issue.
Ron C.
Office Mgr
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2018

“Overall, the ease of use and the workflow is excellent.”

ProsThe techs can take payments and send customers paid invoices at the point of job completion. A lot of A/R hassles are eliminated before they even have a chance to occur.
ConsAs with any technology, nothing is perfect. You still have to deal with lack of cell phone coverage and such issues. However, that is normally the exception, not the rule.
Jennifer L.
December 5, 2017

“Easy to use, great customer service response”

ProsThe processing rates are affordable and I've never had any issues with the software. I also appreciate that it's integrated into my EHR software - makes everything so simple!
Rosa L.
December 14, 2017

“Comprehensive training and great support. Easy to use system that works for my growing business.”

ProsI like the ability to access to batch processing and it's easy to use for customers. My bookkeeper and I were able to access reports for our quickbooks reconsilitation without too much trouble. In addition, the support that we received by several customer service reps were all excellent.
ConsThere are sometimes when it goes offline my employees struggle with troubleshooting. Is there a troubleshooting card that I can print off for them?
Harshita P.
Principal
Accounting, Self-employed
January 19, 2018

“Good Merchant service provider experience”

OverallAbility to collect payments via credit/debit cards from clients
ProsFast processing, timely deposits to bank account and detailed monthly statements. Good customer service is a plus?
ConsMonthly service fees continue to be charged for the months of suspended service. It would be helpful to small businesses, if the monthly services are waived during the months merchant service account is suspended.
Andrea H.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2017

“Cayan has been very responsive to any needs I have had.”

OverallI'm able to easily processing credit card payments.
ProsI'm able to review transactions without calling company. We have used Cayan for about six to eight months and we have been pleased with the product and the support we have received.
ConsI have had to call a few times to connect to Ipad or clarify issues. Most of the time it turns out to be something I've missed on an article.
Grace K.
December 27, 2017

“Hi there, I've been relatively happy with all aspects of Cayan, aside from one particular issue”

OverallWe are finally able to accept chip cards, which is obviously important. We like that the customer can insert their card at any time. We also like the itemized product list which includes discounts/prices. We find that are customers are happy with the software.
ProsThis is a small thing, but just the fact that the customer can insert their card at any time. Many people get frustrated during credit card transactions, so we appreciate that Cayan is very user friendly for the customer.
ConsI've had some trouble getting helpful support. Some issues have been quickly resolved, but we had a broken machine and the technician was somewhat condescending and failed to resolve the issue. We ended up doing a huge event with only one working machine as a result.
December 27, 2017
Anthony J.
Administrator

“Sweet and Simple”

ProsIt was easy to set up and deposits the money directly into our bank account within 1 - 2 days. It's simple to make new transactions and to lookup old ones.
ConsWe originally got this program to go with another that we use. This was supposed to be the only card processing program that would with the other, but it does not.
Craig W.
Managing Partner
January 16, 2018

“Typically a good experience ”

ProsIntegration with my efence extreme makes a simple process to run payments. And right now it's the only one that is compatible with efence extreme
ConsHaving to call in for ANYTHING. . Sometimes I get someone who i can easily understand, then sometimes I can't understand what there saying,
Marjorie Y.
CFO
April 10, 2018

“Daily user and always reliable for all of our crew!”

ProsWe like the ease of use for this product. We are daily users and all our crew has been easily trained to use this process effortlessly
Consi have not come across any problems with the software. We are daily users and all our crew like the ease of use with the product
April 10, 2018
Paul G.
Vice Pres.
December 11, 2017

“case number 672551 is still open item charged in lightspeed not processed by Cyan should be fixed ”

Overallqucikness of transactions.
ProsEase of use. lightspeed and cyan work well together. except when probles occur and cannot be resolved with one phone call. Seems service was better when we started usin cyan
ConsResolution of problems? Usually works well but this one is still open......Customer wants a refund and we cannot process it.

By Cayan on December 13, 2017
Hi Paul, We appreciate your review and your feedback! We take every review and feedback very seriously. I reached out to my customer service department and had them escalate your open case number. If there is anything else you need please let me know. Thanks, -Sam
December 11, 2017
Kevin L.
COO
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
September 22, 2017

“ I use Cayan at one of my fast-casual restaurants.”

ProsOverall I am satisfied with their service, the setup was easy, and the 24/7 technical support saves a lot of headaches.
ConsPricing is fair but could be better for small businesses like myself. There were some minor issues in the beginning of service but they were quickly resolved.
September 22, 2017
BJ V.
Office

“Simple”

ProsI like that I can go back at any point and look at or reprint receipts. It is very easy to find my way through things that I need.
ConsSo far I haven't found anything that I would really change. I don't use this on a daily basis so others may have a different opinion.
Scott P.
Executive Director
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
January 16, 2018

“Thus far I have had no problems and it has been exceptionally easy to use”

OverallWe could not have a ministry without the ability to offer online credit card and banking services.
ProsHow easy it is to use the software and I have been able to do everything I wanted to do. I have not found anything that the software could not handle.

“Amazing Experience!”

ProsI love how user friendly it can be and also the support that you have from Cayan every step through the process.
ConsA couple of the features can be a bit confusing but the manual and instructions that they gave us answer all FAQ's
Deborah M.
Printing, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2017

“Very easy to use and reliable service compared to competition”

OverallThe software has never crashed or been unreliable. It's used daily and has easy to follow reports and history information.
ProsSpontaneous updates on transactions. Integrated well with POS system. Easy for employees to use when needed - little to know user training needed.
ConsThe many portals with limited descriptions make it difficult to know which one to use at times - especially when you need to quickly check the status of a transaction with the pressure of an upset customer.
Lester R.
July 7, 2018

“Worst possible company.”

OverallIt works, but at a premium cost.
ProsThe software works, but at a premium cost. We've been a user for over 10 years and didn't know we had a choice to change.
ConsVery HIGH rates. No support from CAYAN. If you can reach someone, they will tell you one thing and do another. They control your account and deduct as they want without authorization.
July 7, 2018
Gayle H.
January 22, 2018

“easy to use”

Overallquick transactions
ProsThe money matches my deposits and is quick. the most important thing, it is easy to use and always accurate.
January 22, 2018
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2018

“Great Prices on Processing”

ProsProcessing credit cards is a funny business in the business world. Technology has almost made the number 1 source of payment credit cards. Yet credit cards cost business owners money. Cayan has great rates and the equipment structure is perfect for conducting small business.
ConsName change from CapitalBank to Cayan and then recently was purchased by another credit card processing company. Wondering what this means for the future.
September 19, 2018
February 2, 2018

“Never have had a problem when it comes to the use of the software.”

ProsEasy to use, doesn't have an obnoxious noise when it comes to your payment being processed like alot of other retail stores have.
ConsThere are some bugs that would need fixed, I know we have had a problem when it comes to customers not having a chip on their card and when they go to swipe the card for payment the payment is declined and we would just have to hand key the card information in to receive payment.
February 2, 2018
Judy S.
Coordinator
Education Management, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2018

“Great help to my business”

OverallQuick and easy to use.
ProsThis software is easy to use, can add transactions without a card and without the client being present.
ConsI can't get the swipe/chip to work very often, but I think it is mostly not charged. Unfortunately I do not have a card for most clients.
Damon S.
IT Specialist
September 26, 2017

“Easy to use. Transitioned from Square (who says they are easy to use) and am never going back.”

ProsGreat, actual customer service. They actually solve your problems and follow up if it's more complicated than a short call.
ConsYou get what you pay for and I wouldn't say it's a con, but this isn't the cheapest option. We took advantage of their off (discount) of a terminal promotion and was able to get up and running very quickly.
September 26, 2017
Elizabeth B.
Author/Writer
January 16, 2018

“It has been easier than I thought, specially because it's my first time selling anything.”

ProsThe most I like: it's ease and fast. Also I like the system gives clear reports. Immediately I know how much I sold.
ConsThe first time I used it, I had to login several times because it didn't recognized the password. Had to change the password in order to log in.
Thien P.
Partner
Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

“Had a good experience”

OverallThe ease of usage and record keeping
ProsIts new features are user friendly. It seems like it is a lot easier to use which makes training a lot easier.
ConsIt feels like there is a lag. Sometimes i feel like the machine is a little slow compared to other ones.