PracticePanther Legal Software Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About PracticePanther Legal Software

Join the HIGHEST RATED legal software on Capterra! See why tens of thousands of law firms in over 170 countries use PracticePanther to automate their firms, and get more done in less time. Never miss deadlines, get paid faster with one-click billing, & track billable time & expenses. Work from anywhere, on any device, with the mobile apps. It's easy, user-friendly and intuitive. Now you can spend less time managing your firm, and more time making money. Try it free, no credit card needed. Learn more about PracticePanther Legal Software

Alexis A.
CEO & Managing Attorney
August 14, 2019

“Best practice management system I have used”

OverallI use Practice Panther as my main case managment system. My team and I LIVE on this software. It is far better than the alternatives I have used in the past and in other firms. We have it downloaded on all computers and phones for easy access in court at all times.
ProsI like the intuitive interface, clean look, and the ability to customize my own workflows.
ConsI would like to see a private server capability added in instead of having to rely on Box. One that we can access via VPN would be helpful. I wish we could add in a bit more automation customization. For example, I would like to be able to send my clients a customized email with attachments and helpful info before specific events, rather than the generic reminder email. I would also like the ability to create conditional logic in certain events.
Aska O.
Chief Legal Administrator
May 8, 2019

“User-friendly software but there are still room for improvement to effectively serve larger firms”

Overall(continued from Cons) This sorting function for customized fields will potentially save us a lot of time. (3) Tags are great features, but the ability to sort the data using the tag is very limited. When you search using multiples tags, the software only recognize it as Tag 1 "AND" Tag 2, and gives you data that has BOTH tags. For instance, it's only "Show data that has Tag A AND Tag B". You can't do "Show me the data that has Tag A OR Tag B". You can't search data that DOES NOT have the specific tag either. If the search function in Tags was more comprehensive, it will allow users to expand the usage of tags and give users more flexibility as to how we can efficiently search the data we need. Practice Panther Tech Support has been aware of the suggestions listed above. However, there has not been any update on the progress, and we do not know if these functions will be ever available. We definitely would like to see them implemented very soon. I am open to revise this review once these functionalities become available.
ProsThis software is intuitive, easy to navigate and very user-friendly. Tech support is promptly available and they are very patient. Practice Panther continues to make improvements on the software and they listen to their customers feedback. They have fixed our issues with our calendar being very slow to load. It's fast now and working very well.
ConsThere are still room for improvement in terms of features and functions. (1) The format (layout) of the calendar is not user-friendly for mid to large firms with more than 10 employees. Everyone's events are scattered across the calendar and overlap with each other which makes difficult to identify availability for specific staff. Events are displayed with different colors assigned to each staff. It's hard to follow 10+ different colors on computer screen and it is definitely not working for staff who are color-blind. It's really difficult to see who has appointments at each hour throughout the day. We suggested to have columns for each staff so that it only takes a glance to identify who is available when, just like how calendars are in Time Matters from Lexis Nexis. (2) Sorting function for customized fields is not available unfortunately. What makes this software great is the customization you can make to fit it to your exact needs. However, customized fields are not sort-able, and without the sorting function for the customized fields, data is not as valuable and usable as it should be. As a legal administrator who manages the data and runs productivity report for legal staff, we are currently spending a lot of time downloading the information from the software to MS Excel, sorting and manipulating the data in Excel, and finally coming back to the PracticePanther to make necessary changes within the software. (Continues to overall experience)
May 8, 2019
Scott M. W.
Lawyer
November 19, 2018

“Amazing program! ”

OverallI bought this program when I first opened my practice about 2.5 years ago. I knew going into my own firm that I wanted a comprehensive client management tool. After spending hours online reviewing various programs, I decided to give the 30-day free trial a shot. I think I purchased the monthly subscription immediately after starting to use the program. Since that time, I have built on my knowledge, incorporating the MailChimp and QBO features first, then started learning how to streamline my document preparation through the template feature. What would have previously taken me multiple hours a week to manage, now takes minutes.
ProsPracticePanther is intuitive and very user friendly. It has a ton of features that expedite minuscule tasks and free up admin time. It syncs with all my favorite resources, like QBO, MailChimp, and Box, making communication with clients a lot easier and keeps routine mailings operational. If you use a lot of form templates, the template builder is a major time saver and cuts down on user error and oversights. I use this program every day in my law office and am very grateful for how easy it is. Even better, the customer support team is phenomenal. I rarely have any issues with the program (it is easy to use), but when I run into something I need help with, a quick message to the PP team is responded to within minutes and the problem is solved or at a minimum I am given an update and expected time of completion. I couldn't recommend this program more to a solo or small legal practice.
ConsNothing, the team is constantly updating its software and programs that it connects to. They provide online videos to help and I frequently learn of new ways to use the program from regular updates by the team.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on November 22, 2018
Thank you so much Scott for the extra kind feedback!
November 19, 2018
Zach N.
May 3, 2018

“Easy to use practice management software with top-end functionality at low price”

OverallEasy of keeping track of deadlines and client contacts. Overall, the best practice management software I have seen for the price. I would say this performs better than CLIO (I've used it with ALL of the add-ons), way better than AMICUS and MyCase and similar to ABACUS. They need to add a matter pre-billing function to run attorney's fees reports and allow you to copy/paste e-mails into the matter, but otherwise this is a perfect solution for most practitioners. Unless you are using the rules-based calendaring in ABACUS or Westlaw's Firm Central, I have not seen a product that is nearly as useful on the market.
ProsUnlike a number of the cheaper practice management software programs on the market today, Practice Panther has a wide range of functions within the software which are easy to use. Instead of just having "Tasks" or "to-dos", PP allows you to create Activities which can be "Events" "E-mails" "Phone calls" or "Tasks". On the Task front, PP allows you to set sub-reminders that can send you e-mails or text messages in advance, like say "7 days before," and "3 days before," for a filing deadline. I also think it is pretty fantastic that PP shows whether a time entry has been completed for EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY marked "completed" or "in progress". This would be incredibly useful for practitioners (mostly civil) managing staff and trying to deal with staff not accounting for all of their time in billing. The "mail sync" function is also easy to use, and allows you to e-mail out of your native software (MS Outlook, GMAIL, etc) and simply "bcc" the client matter itself. When you do this, the e-mail is automatically saved into the matter. Almost every other program out there that I have used requires you to use their client messaging portal to get the same functionality. The templates are easy to use for creating documents to merge out of PP also. Think client engagement letters, releases, and basic letterheads that you use in every file. We don't use PP for accepting payments so I cannot comment on that portion.
Cons1. Matter pre-bills or invoicing. In many civil cases there will be a time when you need to prepare a billing report to present to the court solely for a claim of attorney's fees. In other software that I have used, you can run a report for a set period of time or type of billing entries which will then create a printable draft invoice-looking document. You would then be able to slap an exhibit sticker on that document and use it for your attorney's fee request. I haven't found a way to easily do this in PP yet, and it seems like you would have to utilize a draft invoice which captures all time billed in the matter. I could be wrong. 2. No Batch Entry System for E-mails. PP has a GREAT syncing system that works with your native e-mail so you can BCC messages into the matter when you send or receive them. However, if you forget to include the mail-sync in your BCC line, or don't forward a message to the mail-sync, there is no easy way to subsequently get the e-mails into the matter in PP. What I mean is this: say you have a number of e-mails from someone that weren't saved into a client PP matter and instead lived in your Outlook before the client actually hired. You would have to manually forward each one of your emails to the mail-sync to get them into PP. Additionally, if you are a federal criminal lawyer and use CORRLINKS to communicate with your clients you will know that you can't forward out of that system. PP doesn't let you copy/paste emails so your stuck.
May 3, 2018
Sofia M.
Director & Principal Lawyer
Legal Services, Unspecified
April 12, 2018

“A well designed CRM and so far, we cannot be happier with the product”

OverallPart of M Legal's mission is to stay innovative. Practice Panther (PP) as a case relationship management (CRM) tool has redesigned how the firm works overall. The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. This has been a real game-changer for the business. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. This has also given a level of transparency across the practice as lawyers can pick up any file from where the last person left off and delegate their work during absences. This transparency was a key selling point for us as we believe it is a core component of running an effective law firm.
ProsThe user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. We have experienced our fair share of poor technical support teams when using other software programs. With PP, despite the time differences between Miami and Sydney, their technical support team are always available, whether it is through the chat portal, email or by phone. Each technical person is professional, knowledgeable and continues to take care of your matter until it is resolved. Further, they always have something new to teach you about the PP system on each call. I cannot express how impressed we are, with what we consider as stellar service from this tech support team.
ConsNaturally, a product such as this is not going to have universal application across all legal fields. I would say that in the immigration space the status of a case is really important, so having a status bar that is customisable would be a feature that could be improved. Also, a lot of our data from clients are taken from in-take forms - we require intake forms that are easier to build and that have the capability of storing more information. While these are work in progress type issues, this certainly does not take away from PP's product, which we believe is a well designed and thought through CRM system.
April 12, 2018
Thalia R.
Partner
December 18, 2017

“Working with Practice Panther”

OverallThe user-interface is designed for quick and easy navigation. You can look at your dashboard and very clearly see everything you need to know for your day to run smoothly (well as smoothly as possible). It is cost effective and the onboarding and training are taken care of with Practice Panther's incredible customer service.
ProsBefore PracticePanther we had started an Excel spreadsheet to log our contacts for conflicts checks. We created a joint email account with Gmail so our email would be centralized and that also gave us a central calendar that we all had access to in order to set appointments, record deadlines, etc. We also created a Dropbox account for file storage. While everything was low cost or free, all the parts felt scattered. PracticePanther pulls it all together in one beautiful, user-friendly interface. Now, instead of having to pull up 5 or 6 different apps/websites, we are able to pull up just one site and have everything right there. All of the components of PracticePanther are really easy to use. The entire program is designed for efficiency and ease of use. Color-coding allows you to see and understand your financial details in mere seconds. Tasks, events, and timekeeping are easy.
ConsI would like to see the software integrate with more programs. Quickbooks is great, but my brain works better with Wave Accounting; LawPay is great, but being able to integrate with PayPal also, would be even better. However, these are minor things and not worth seeking a different program I like as much as Practice Panther. I had shopped around quite a bit before choosing Practice Panther; I doubt I would find anything I like as much. Hands down, our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the superior support staff. If you have a problem and leave a message after hours in the chat box, you get a response generally within the hour. There is also training videos and a help center that will help you find the help that you need.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on December 19, 2017
Thalia, I am so happy to let you know we are about to release our new API and Zapier integration, which will open the door to MANY more integrations. We highly recommend LawPay for a number of reasons, but if you must use PayPal, we do have an integration available. We will reach out to you to show you how it works. Thank you so much!
December 18, 2017
Tara M.
April 7, 2017

“PracticePanther has cut the amount of time I spend on my office management duties by about 65%.”

OverallBefore PracticePanther my client information was all over my computer. I kept track of billable hours and financials in Exel, client emails in Google, and my forms (intake, representation, agreements, court filings etc) in Word. This meant in order to have everything as it pertained to a specific client in one place, I had to print everything out. And, I was using nonlegal software to send out billing invoices which lead to long hours of transcribing information from Excel to the service I was using. The rate of error of retyping information like addresses or agreements or billable hours into different software programs was high. I am a solo practitioner who does not have a clerk, secretary or paralegal. So after a long day of work, I then had to become the marketing, IT and accounting departments. I spent a lot of time doing things two and three times. I knew I needed a case management system but was afraid it would be too expensive or time consuming to learn. After doing my due diligence I found PracticePanther. Not only was PP one of the most affordable options out there, they had very intuitive methods of doing things so the learning curve did not take much time. Now anything and everything pertaining to a specific client is kept in one place. All billables, emails, evidence, representation agreements I even enter details of phone calls and meetings I have on matters in the Notes section for each matter so I have a documented history of what was discussed on what day. PracticePanther has cut the amount of time I spend on my office management duties by about 65%. I use that time to grow my practice, network or do pro bono work.
ProsI love the IT help, the invoicing system and the templates feature. I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of help in the beginning. Being able to schedule times to discuss my issues with the IT guys at PracticePanther was great. The fact that they can take over your computer remotely so they can see what you see in real time is even better. Their response time to non-scheduled issues is pretty fast. I have also found their FAQs and how to videos to be extremely helpful but having a live person to speak with who can access your computer is just as good as having someone standing next to me while I work. The invoicing system is phenomenal. It keeps track of all of my client banking accounts. I can see at any time how much is in my IOLTA account, how much is in my operating account, how much a client owes, how much a client has paid and how much I have billed a client but not yet invoiced. I can do this client by client, matter by matter or as an overall total. LawPay is free if you sign up through PracticePanther which is awesome because it handles my credit card transactions and when a client pays, it automatically updates my invoicing and accounts. PracticePanther also knows how to deduct things from a client's retainer when sending out an invoice so you don't have to worry about that either. Their timing device feeds right into the system. It is awesome.
Recommendations to other buyersTo other firms and solos I would say: Stop spinning your wheels. You are doing way more work and making way more errors than you need to. Getting PracticePanther has cut down the amount of time I spend on everything tremendously and helps me stay organized very easily. It has an amazing app that is just as affective as if you were working at a PC. For the price of less than an hour of work a month you can buy peace of mind and some of your life back!
April 7, 2017
Hamish S.
Principal
August 22, 2016

“Great Legal Practice Management software that is not expensive”

OverallI'm a sole practitioner and I was looking for legal practice management software that was easy to use and reasonably comprehensive. Previously I had recommended ActionStep to my previous colleagues in a 4-5 lawyer lawfirm. This was also a good product, but PracticePanther in my view is better in many ways. For cloud storage I use Box, and this connects easily with PracticePanther so that I can see all the documents that relate to a matter. PracticePanther uses a simple tab structure for each matter so that you can easily and quickly look at notes, activities, time records, payments, invoices etc. I'm really quite impressed with the software and would recommend it to anyone. It is very easy to see what you have been paid in a given period, what you are owed, and what you have to bill. I'm only one user, but you can have many users and each can see this from the dashboard screen. I'm a bit of a techie person and I've spent many hours investigating the different legal practice management software systems. PracticePanther comes a clear first, for my needs.
ProsThere are many things I like about the software. The main ones are: - The search function. This makes searching for contacts or matters very easy. This is available on many of the screens as well as the dashboard. - The price is very reasonable for a sole practitioner, and cheaper than the other software I have investigated - Easy to create templates - The screens are easy to understand and its a joy to use the software - its relatively easy to import contacts (which i did from my gmail) - billing is really good - the client portal is amazing (you can even see when your client's read their invoices) - it is improving all the time - there are regular weekly and monthly updates - I find the relationships tab really useful to keep all my contacts related to the matter together for each of use - there are many other pros about this software - try it and see for yourself
Cons- the software is not perfect - it would be good if viewing emails from external email (e.g. gmail) could be improved so that they are more readable - secure messages could be improved to allow attaching multiple files without the need to zip - greater connection with Box so that Box's sharing could be linked to a contact without the need to manually enter the contacts email address when you are inside the contact's matter

By PracticePanther Legal Software on August 22, 2016
Thanks for the glowing review Hamish! Happy you enjoy the software, we're improving every week and love your constant feedback.
August 22, 2016
Michael M.
July 6, 2016

“Great and improving all the time!”

OverallThis is an update to a previous review I made. The folks at Panther are impressive. They've taken recommendations I and others have made and implemented them; they've quickly addressed issues I've had; and they are always courteous and responsive. The overall layout has vastly improved since my first review, and looks downright beautiful. We live by the search feature and it now works on custom fields. Custom fields can now also be listed in reports. You can now group custom fields so that you may show only those fields in a matter or contact that pertain to their specific situation. We have structured Panther so we can use it as a basic CRM...which is an immense work-flow savings for us. We asked for Dropbox integration and what they produced is perfect (considering the limitations of Dropbox). Time keeping is a snap and reachable from any screen. We asked to be able to a log call without assigning it to a matter, and they changed that so now we can. The tasking feature and its integration with the calendar is fantastic, I could not service so many clients without it. And the Panther folks have taken it on themselves to make some minor changes that have made the workflow of using the program much faster than in my previous review. I now can answer the question I posed in my earlier review of whether I love or hate Panther: We love it. I admit that it's not perfect (a couple of basic features in billing need to be addressed before I am willing to use that portion of the program), but Panther saves us many hours a week. I tried many firm management products before settling on Practice Panther, and I am glad I stayed with them. It's already better than the others, and it keeps getting better all the time thanks to their team. You cannot go wrong choosing Practice Panther. Final note: To my surprise one lawyer told me Panther seemed expensive. Really?! It seems well priced to me, and if you try to save a few dollars a month with some inferior product you will pay dearly for that choice in lost time.
ProsBeautiful layout, easy to use, functions as a basic CRM, matter and time management, and billing program all in one.
ConsFlat fee billing is not well thought out, and the billing module presents clients with a reckoning of my operating account as well as their trust account. (I understand Panther may have made the operating account info optional by now, or that is in their near term plan.)
Recommendations to other buyersThe learning curve for Practice Panther is very quick. You can be productive with the software in a matter of hours. But the main thing to settle on right up front is this: Will your clients be companies or persons? Figure that out first, then stick to your decision to make your future life be easier.
July 6, 2016
Richard F.
Principal Attorney
July 31, 2017

“Simple sophisticated software that will simplify your practice”

OverallThis is a complete solution for my practice. I am a single solo so the document automation, notes, time entries and billing are a great way to save time and effort.
ProsOne of the best features of the software is not so much a feature but the logic employed in designing the flow of data. I have used a number of the more popular programs and can heartily recommend this as the best I have found. The ease of use makes it a top choice if you have staff that will use it. I am a single solo and it is not one of my concerns yet. But, I can't see anyone not understanding the flow of information. The automation is superb. Document assembly is easy and logical. One of the best features is the Forms generator. Email the form to your client or prospective client - they fill it out - and it goes right into your data. No need to waste time inputting names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other data you would like to have handy in your file. Tracking time is a breeze as is generating invoices, tracking retainer accounts, tracking trust accounts and more (I find the accounting component more than meets my needs). Over time you will come to rely on the information in the program over the physical file. It has become my organizational hub for all that I do.
ConsI would like to see a thick book explaining all the capabilities and limits. The support people are great and can answer any question - I just like to read it and push the software to its limits. I have used PP for some time - moving to another package for some time. At twice the price - it did less. In my brief time away the product dramatically improved & I am back and very happy.
July 31, 2017
Joseph M.
April 11, 2017

“Great Product!”

OverallI recently switched to PracticePanther after 20 years using different version of Amicus Attorney. While Amicus helped me to keep my practice moving for years, the lack of continuing support for the product and meaningful changes caused me to start looking at alternatives. After researching the current crop of practice management programs and downloading several demo's, I ended subscribing to the PracticePanther team. The first reason I chose PP was the fact that I was able to create "workflows" that automate a ton of the tasks required for several practices areas. For example, a new misdemeanor criminal case can have the misdemeanor workflow that I created applied and all of the steps for the cases are automatically generated. The scheduling of the first client meeting, initial hearing, filing of our appearance, requesting discovery, sending discovery, attending the pretrial conference, plea meeting with client and change of plea hearing all become tasks or calendar events with just the touch of a button. My assistant then just needs to coordinate the dates for all of the auto-generated tasks or events in order to have the file completely organized. The workflow also assigns the responsibility for completion of tasks automatically to me or my staff so we all are reminded of what needs to take place next. The second selling feature for me was the automated email and text-message reminders that can be generated to the client (and to staff if desired). I like that I receive a text reminder from my dentist's office and wanted something similar. For all events that I create within the workflow, I can assign the reminder details. This has significantly lowered the number of no-shows that I have for office meetings and court hearings and reduces the staff time that was spent before calling to remind clients of court dates and meetings. The third key feature that I really wanted was the secure client portal feature. The portal allows me to hand incoming clients an Ipad to have them fill out their intake information that we would need to create a new client file. Once the client has completed the information on the Ipad, it automatically creates a new contact within the PP system and we can then easily generate a new matter if we are hired. For clients that we choose to work with, they are also sent an email invitation to open their secure portal, thus allowing them access to their online file within the PP system. Clients love it.
ProsGreat tools, great automation, great customer support
ConsThere are continuing areas that we could further automate to make the product even more amazing.
Recommendations to other buyersJust that it's a great piece of software with the potential to be practice-changing!
April 11, 2017
Michael H.
Owner/Managing Attorney
September 16, 2019

“Practice Panther Time Keeping and Billing for Attorneys”

OverallI have always been terrible at time keeping and billing. I have probably left Hundreds if not Thousands of dollars on the table by failing to properly keep track of my time and billing. With Practice Panther I am encouraged to keep track of my time and billing because it is fun and easy to do. And I am now on top of past due bills, who is paying on time, and when to prompt clients its time to pay up!
ProsI really like two features the most. First, is the absolutely fabulous customer support that I receive. I get answers within less than 60 minutes from the time I contact them. Second is the ease of use. Practice Panther is almost intuitive in its use. If the answer doesn't jump out at you, there are tons of training videos available and the online customer help is spot on.
ConsI use the basic Essential Monthly Plan. It is the lowest cost but the value is exceptional. I do wish I had some of the additional features in the higher priced plans but those don't fit my budget currently. Those features I can supplement with my own documents or programs.
September 16, 2019
Stephanie J.
Attorney At Law

“Solo Practice Law Firm”

OverallPractice Panther has been great with helping me stay on track with my QuickBooks accounting; and staying organized with client files. As a solo practitioner, it was important for me to be able to do all things necessary to maintain a viable business, and perform at a peak level for my clients while juggling every hat. Practice Panther has exceeded my expectations.
ProsEase of use, and tutorials that allowed me to quickly gain the requisite knowledge for utilizing each feature were absolutely critical to starting my law firm. One of the greatest assets to Practice Panther is its amazing team. I love the one on one trainings, and how many of the features I had questions about were already on the agenda for discussion (provided by the team member conducting the training ahead of time). Thus, saving me time, and only needing me to add additional ones, if necessary. I love the tutorials, templates, pop ups, and live chat features. Live chats have been so helpful in a pinch when I encounter a new challenge with things like linking two client matters together. I love how links to possible video tutorials pop up, while I am waiting for a team member to reply, to see if my question can be answered with one of the step by step videos . I use those videos for future references all the time.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about the software. I only had one hiccup with syncing the LawPay feature with Practice Panther, and one of my client's could not submit their credit card payment online. There was an additional step after your LawPay account is approved, and you must go into your Practice Panther account settings to select the banking accounts that you want to use with LawPay. There were no instructions for this step in the process. However, this appeared to be more of a LawPay issue due to the 3 day time delay for approving the LawPay account. Because Practice Panther is so easy to use, I was actually able to figure out where the problem was, and get my client's payment through within a few minutes. Both Practice Panther and LawPay were quick on responding to the issue, and did an amazing job.
Adria A.
Foreign Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2018

“Legal Software - Very Complete”

OverallMy overall experience with Practice Panther is that it makes our work tracking and communication in between the team and with clients SO easy. I would recommend this platform because it is a very friendly software with a good price.
ProsWhat I loved about this software is that it is very complete. It allows you to have a database of all your clients with all the information you will need to work on their case. Also, time tracker to track work time for every client. It doesn't only do that, it allows you to issue an invoice and send it to clients. In addition to this, the program allows to create matters, this makes it very easy to track the work and very useful because every client we had could have several matters open. The task assignment is amazing and the calendar features incredible. The support I received whenever I had an issue, was very good quality.
ConsWhat I didn't like was that it has an amazing sync with your dropbox and email BUT if you deleted any matter the whole folder in dropbox erased. So, if we deleted something just to close the case it would be deleted from our database in dropbox. We as lawyer, needed to keep files for at least 3 years.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on August 31, 2018
Hey Adria thank you for your awesome review! I am glad to see that you are taking advantage of the easy features we offer and our world class customer support. The DropBox sync does not delete your folder out if a matter is deleted on PracticePanther! I will be reaching out to your firm to get you taken care of. Additionally, we have an amazing feature where you can mark a matter as "closed" rather than deleting it so that you can have all your information on the system and still run and view accurate reports! We will speak soon!
August 29, 2018
Linda M.
Forensic Document Examiner
August 23, 2019

“Why did I wait so long?”

OverallUntil we found PP, we were posting our files in OneDrive and having to search for things that we should not need to. Quickbooks is inadequate for billing legal-type work and there was no way to run any kind of conflict check without making a spreadsheet and manually adding new clients and inquiries. Now, all we do is put everything in PP. There we can see the progress of our cases, billing, calendars, tasks assignments, project plans and do conflict checks based on more than just the case caption or attorneys. Each case has tag options for identifying the type of work we are doing or any other significant aspect of the case and we can use that also for finding things within the matter or inside our entire database. What's more, it works with OneDrive, so all of our documents are accessible within the program. This is just what we needed and more...
ProsAs a small practice, I needed to organize and implement an office management system that I could use if my assistant was not here. This software is the most intuitive, responsive and useful that I have tried...and I have test driven four of the top recommended products. I have everything I need in one package; whereas, other companies require additional packages to connect to email and form templates. The learning curve has been very small. Both of us here have not had any training yet and are up and running (for the most part) after only a week or so. Now we will be taking advantage of the great training videos and one-on-one training to hone our skills and use it to its fullest extent.
ConsSo far, our experience has only been positive. Graphics are simple and somewhat old-fashioned, BUT they work great for finding things...that's what counts.
August 23, 2019
Alicia H.
Senior Attorney
August 15, 2019

“Fantastic Case Management Tool”

OverallI use Panther to manage all of my legal cases, deadlines, calendar, client information, expenses, time entries. I would like to integrate some other features, such as accepting payment, but I'll get to that in time. I know it's there.
ProsThere are too many to list. On the top - great customer service. I'll say that again - great customer service! Ability to have Panther open in two or more screens to perform various tasks at the same time. Ease of use. Being able to create work flows. Customizable (not sure if that's a word, but it is true.) Multiple time entry screen. Being able to export time and expense entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Mobile app for on the go. Tasks and deadline reminders to my cell phone. Oh - and a great price! Plus the Practice Panther team is always updating and improving the software. Tutorials? Super helpful.
ConsProbably the most annoying thing is that when I come in to work the dashboard is not updated to reflect the new day. I have to refresh. There are a few fields that don't let me edit them (because I messed them up and now want to clean them up). Um.... maybe when I lose my time entries because the computer goes down, but I'm not sure I attribute that to Panther. Perhaps an auto save in the background?
December 11, 2018

“Love the product but technical issues are problematic”

OverallIf you are a solo with a few clients and few files, it will work great. But as you grow, it becomes increasingly difficult to filter out the closed and unwanted files and clients.
ProsSuper simply to use. The dashboard snapshot of a case if fantastic. You can see how much is trust, the next task, etc.
ConsI absolutely loved the software until issues began developing with how it syncs with Box. Files and documents would go missing. Every time we reached out to tech support we were told "user error." It didn't seem right. But then, after paying careful attention, we began to show it was NOT user error but the software remapping the location of various folders into places that we weren't looking. Half of the call was spent convincing tech support that it wasn't us, but them. They would then look into and find out that it was a software glitch.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on December 24, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share this experience and your honest feedback. We have not had this issue with our Box integration with other customers, and are very sorry to hear that the support team did not resolve this in a timely and helpful manner. We strongly believe we have the best software in the market, and we strive to couple that with the best customer support in the industry. This situation definitely falls short of this, and we want to get this issue resolved for you. Please reach out to us at help@practicepanther.com with a reference to this review and any past interactions with the support team, and we will address it as soon as possible. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to improve your experience with PracticePanther in the future!
December 11, 2018
Lee B.
Founder/Attorney
March 20, 2018

“Best firm management software on the market with the most personable company behind it! ”

OverallEasily the most user-friendly law firm management software on the market with an awesome company and support staff behind it. Keeps me organized and streamlines everything from contacts and calendars to billing and invoicing. Changed the way my law firm runs.
ProsUser-friendly - Learning curve is easily the lowest of any firm management software out there Support - Short training videos and support chat are right at your fingertips and easy to use so you get the most out of the software. Support staff are personable and very responsive - no waiting for days to get answers Integration - Easily syncs with commonly used products like Quickbooks, Gmail, Outlook, and other legal software Price - The price is competitive and gets you more bang for your buck compared to other software out there. They also partner with other companies which allows them to add little freebies, like covering the cost of your LawPay account if you use it. I expect they will keep giving cool incentives like that. This software and company have changed how I run my law firm. I'm a believer and I hope they continue to do great things.
ConsStill developing - PP is still developing so you do run into hiccups sometimes, but it is still the easiest firm management software to use and I have not had an issue yet that was not resolved by a quick chat session with support staff. They are continuing to add features and developing the product all the time, so I am excited to see what they do - really looking forward to seeing what they do with voice command integration

By PracticePanther Legal Software on March 28, 2018
Hey Lee! Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in on our system's ease of use and quick access to our support teams, that will never change. We have many exciting new features rolling out this quarter so keep an eye on your inbox! As far as voice integration goes, we already integrate with Alexa through a program called Tali for logging your time through speech. Please check them out and let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for being part of the PracticePanther family!
March 20, 2018
Philip F.
July 27, 2017

“We have been very happy with the process and responsiveness of PP. Happy we took the plunge.”

OverallWe are becoming more efficient and better able to service our clients at a higher level. It ultimately will allow me to market our firm even better. My team is getting very excited about it. Everything has been positive thus far. There is a lot to learn on the software. As we have a lot of people working with the software at once, it results in people achieving knowledge quickly. However, that is to be expected with any practice management software. The good thing is that PP personnel are always there to help.
ProsWe are just getting started with the software and have been implementing only for a few weeks. I will update my experience again in about one month. Although we were efficient, we were not hyper-efficient before Practice Panther. Also, although we are a very systematic firm with set processes, our significant growth made it impossible for us to sustain the systems without a practice management software. From what I have seen, Practice Panther allows us to become hyper efficient because of the following: 1. We are now able to input data one time rather than several times allowing our staff to work on more things and learn more substantive tasks. 2. Inputting information then populates forms and sets up matters. 3. We are able to task and monitor the tasks without relying on memory, sticky notes, pads of paper and task lists. 4. All of the information is now in one place without the need of navigating through various portions of our database. 5. Our clients are happy with the immediate availability and access to their documents without having to request it via email and the ability to communicate through the portal. 6. I believe that the system will allow us to increase capacity and scale our practice.Our model is simple. We try to make the experience for our clients seamless and effortless through the use of portals and constant access to the resources of our firm. The technology will allow us to compete against larger firms.
July 27, 2017
Terry L.
Principal/Owner
July 11, 2017

“Easy and efficient”

OverallBeing a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system. Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a "one stop shop", even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and "on-the-go", mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.
ProsOther than it being a "one stop shop" and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther's ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a "fix" to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther's speed and attentiveness.
ConsI am still trying to learn all of the ins and outs. I need a bit more tutelage on the nuances. At times, customer service may not answer all of the questions, however, they have been very responsive to my needs once I call or make them known.
July 11, 2017
Jonathan G.
January 27, 2018

“TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY CAN ADAPT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS!”

ProsThe customer service reps are always available (through the website/app!) and are extremely flexible as far as meeting individual requests. The software overall is very intuitive and once the basic information is inputted, training other attorneys and staff is easy. The PracticePanther reps even offered to help with training and do individualized training as necessary! The iphone app is simple yet you can do everything on it you need to - right from court. I never have to worry about missing court dates or even reminders to review certain files or specific documents because in less than a minute I can have a task set, reminders set, and it will popup as I set it. The calendar syncs with Google Calendar and they imported all of our client contacts from Quickbooks Online, saving us many hours of data entry. We are getting into the more advanced functions like templates, workflows, and other automation and that's really where the software shines. You create the custom fields, you choose what information is important for every matter, and you can add-on as you are creating matters. The flexibility and ease of access to everything - including client files from DropBox, which can mirror any network - is unrivaled. Really happy we went with PracticePanther. The amount of time saved having customer care/customer service always available is invaluable. Highly recommended for law firms of all sizes.
ConsStill working on getting the office transitioned from a paper filing and calendaring system to online. So the one suggestion I would have is to maybe have an app for the calendar that is independent from the phone app - similar to google calendar. Also, there should be a way to turn the default settings to "Do not email assignees" when a workflow is applied. But that's a tiny suggestion. Overall no major complaints.
January 27, 2018
Patricia W.
Member/Attorney
June 6, 2019

“Best integration with Office 365 ”

OverallEverything we need is here, trust accounting, case reporting, financial reporting, customizable fields, document automation, etc.
ProsPractice Panther out performs on integration with Outlook. Users can send email from within the platform and the email will send in outlook, as well as be saved in the PP file. Similarly, emails that are received can be added by a drag and drop that resides on the Outlook side. It also has better document automation and work flows than the competitive products.
ConsThe dash board at the matter level could be better. All of the information is there, but one has to move from tab to tab to find it. I'd like a "status" feed at the top (with the ability to generate reports for all open matters and current status) instead of the feed that is at the bottom of the case dashboard (which we don't seem to use).
June 6, 2019
Melanie R.
August 15, 2019

“Practice Panther the Easy Way to Get Significant Advantages In the Market”

OverallGreat!
ProsEase of use, iphone ap, customer service, training videos, layout
ConsI honestly cannot think of anything I don't like
David S.
Director of Technology & Operations
September 28, 2018

“Midsize Law Firm with diverse practice areas”

OverallOur Attorneys love being able to access case data and records from anywhere, and I have been very happy with the development pipeline. The Panther team has been adding request features regularly since we began our migration over a year ago. They're based out of Miami, which was also a big selling point for our firm since we are located in Southwest Florida. Their support staff is incredibly responsive, even an issue requires escalation.
ProsOur team has a number of favorite features, being able to access Box via the Panther Mobile app is a big one, and being able to shoot text reminders to clients about appointments and deadlines is another favorite, but how much time Panther has shaved off of our billing cycle is definitely the top. Using Panther, we have cut in half the time it takes to review and approve pre-bills, invoice the client, and get paid.
ConsBeing a larger firm and having migrated case management software several times already made the transition and adoption challenging. Practice Panther allows for very easy import and export of information as csv files, which is great for producing your own reports, but created a lot of front end work massaging data from the previous system in order to import into Panther. As of Summer 2018, the QuickBooks integration is a little basic and still needs some work.
September 28, 2018
Jonathan M.
May 12, 2015

“Incredible service for a great product”

OverallWhile one of the newer players in the field of practice management, Practice Panther excels in relationship building and care for its users. Having tried nearly every product available, I found that Practice Panther was a cut above the others by way of their desire to be the best. During the trial period, I send a large list of things that I would like to see implemented or improved in the product. Their response, that they have begun making a number of improvements and tabled some of the others for future releases, was impressive. Not only that, shortly thereafter they had some of the changes implemented in the product and live for all the users. Practice Panther is a great product that you can grow your practice with. The employees of the company are interested in making a superior product that exceeds the expectations of all its users.
ProsThe dashboard allows me to see, at a glance, my productivity and earnings for the month. I can add important calendar dates and reminders to the page quickly and get a high-level view of everything that I am working on at the time. Practice Panther also integrates with Google calendar, mail, and apps which is great. It allows me to assign emails to certain folders in gmail and then see the communication string within the program. I can put a calendar entry on my phone while away and it will sync into the app. It is a great tool to help track and grow my practice.
ConsAs I mentioned above, Practice Panther is newer than the others. There are some features that are coming down the pipeline, but not implemented yet. For instance, the trust accounting process is a little buggy. Some features take some getting used to, but all of this is countered by the fact that they are friendly, nice, and excited to make the program the best it can be. Overall, well done Practice Panther!

By PracticePanther Legal Software on December 7, 2016
Thanks for the great review Jon! We have upgraded our trust accounting to include over 35 reports you can export for your accountant. You can reconcile your account with your bank, view trust ledgers, sync with QuickBooks Online, use UTBMS codes or LEDES98B billing if needed, and much more. You can learn more and see some reports here: https://www.practicepanther.com/iolta-trust-accounting-software-attorneys/
May 12, 2015
William W.
August 1, 2019

“Practice Management made easy”

OverallWe wanted a simple but flexible system Practice Panther gave that
ProsThe software is simple its flexible and allows for use across platforms so Mac Windows etc The support team superb Since using we have seen a 45 per cent increase in billable hours
ConsNothing, it's great software nothing at all I don't like
August 1, 2019
Law Practice, Unspecified
November 27, 2017

“Fantastic law firm management software. So glad I found PracticePanther!”

OverallToo many to list. From accounting, billing, calendar integration, etc. The program has been fantastic for my law firm.
ProsPrior to PracticePanther, I used three pieces of locally-downloaded software one for billing, one for client management, and another for form creation. PracticePanther has provided the firm with a cloud-based solution that has replaced all three pieces of software. Additionally, because it is cloud-based, the firm can utilize the software on a number of platforms and in any location in fact, I am using it right now on my iPad at a coffee shop, after entering billable time on my Android phone earlier in the day. In addition, PracticePanther's client portal has been a game changer. While I have not yet fully utilized the email replacement offered by the portal (baby steps), it has helped immensely with billing and in giving clients a great image of the firm. I have received a number of compliments on the portal it makes sending bills easy, paying bills easy, and working with clients a breeze.
ConsI do wish PracticePanther had a more robust document preparation and CRM platform (like Lexicata). I am sure PP is working on integrating other providers into its software, and the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on November 28, 2017
Thanks for the compliments! Would love to know what other document prep and CRM features you would like. Please contact us to let us know, thank you so much.
November 27, 2017
Jeffrey R.
March 28, 2017

“Fantastic software that will change your practice. Amazing customer support.”

OverallAfter spending months researching, and receiving demonstrations on, dozens of case management software options (using Capterra as a starting point), I finally decided on PracticePanther. We are now in the process of fully integrating all aspects of our practice into this software and we are continuing to find new features that will make our office more efficient. This and the customer support continually prove to me that I made the right choice. PracticePanther is easy to use and incredibly customizable. In that it is web-based, it is accessible from any computer or device with an internet connection. We use it to store all pertinent case information and contacts, and to calendar appearances, tasks, court and internal deadlines and reminders. We use the feature which allows you to create workflows so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel every time we want to establish/calendar the same set of tasks on a new matter. PracticePanther makes it easy to track time spent and expenses on all of our cases. Also, it allows all users to view and track the activity of other all other users, which minimizes the need to constantly follow up with other members of the firm regarding status of task completion. PracticePanther integrates with Box.com. So if you house your case files within Box.com you can access them directly through PracticePanther. Because of this, we are now integrating all of our files with Box.com so that we can use this feature. The prospect of having all case information, calendaring, AND the case file accessible from any device anywhere, is very exciting. There is a great feature that allows you to create fully customized intake questionnaires that can be sent to potential clients via a link. Once the potential client fills out the information it is automatically uploaded to PracticePanther. There are great demonstration videos and articles on their website which really help you to familiarize yourself with the product, although it's very easy to figure out on your own as it is extremely intuitive. However, the greatest part of PracticePanther is its customer support. It is always easy to get a hold of someone to answer your questions. Best of all is that they listen to your feedback and use it to improve upon their product with regular updates. I have seen many of my suggestions come to life in a short amount of time. They truly want to hear what you have to say in order to make their product better!
March 28, 2017
Vickie T.
Paralegal

“Excellent billing program”

OverallPractice Panther has been extremely receptive to our suggestions for improvements and changes when specific things didn't work for us. They respond quickly, and when something surfaces that may take awhile to improve, they communicate clearly and regularly to keep us in the loop.
ProsLove the ease of use for the billing program. It's clear, easy to use, and easily adaptable / modifiable for your billing needs.
ConsSometimes glitches occur that cause you to have to break down your billing into smaller sections which is a little more time consuming.
Catherine C.
June 18, 2018

“Better than Clio, Better than anything on the market, Fast and Easy!”

OverallMany saved hours and freedom from frustration! Peace of mind seeing my trust balance and $ due/ $ paid on the dashboard.
ProsFast, easy to use, intuitive program, excellent, responsive customer service. After struggling with software that was too oriented to litigation law firms and didn't work for my IP practice and use of flat fees, software that didn't give me the reports I needed to run my business, and software that took me 2 hours to create invoices that displayed what I needed them to display, I found Practice Panther. It tells me what I want to know when I want to know it, and invoices are so quick and easy to create and customize on the fly. Perfect syncing with Quickbooks also keeps data entry at a minimum. Answer to my prayers!
ConsThere are still one or two reports I haven't figured out how to create; and I am still unsure how to work with PP and Quickbooks when it comes to billable expenses paid by credit card. I suspect these "cons" have more to do with me learning some of the more advanced, newer features, particularly dealing with cost accounting, and less to do with limitations of the software.
June 18, 2018
Mary J.
Paralegal
December 27, 2017

“Practicepanther is the most economical, easiest to integrate, full-service, law firm software!”

OverallIf I've ever had an issue such as integrating a calendar, it didn't last long. Tech support is as easy as a chat or phone call. Everyone I've worked with at Practice Panther has been quick to respond with an immediate answer.
ProsWhen an attorney can access the most recent case status at any time or place, he or she can direct their assistants to reschedule, contact a client, or draft a document for review, directly from within the software. "Time" is more than money, it can be the difference in a favorable decision for your client, and effective service can lead to your next client referral. Everything you need to know, from billable hours, account balances, recent notes, phone calls, or critical events are available from the app on your phone or your home or office computer. Practicepanther provides you the "time" to provide your clients with the best legal service you can give. Practicepanther even provides a billable timer than integrates directly into the matter you are working on. As a previous user of Needles, and Time Matters, Practicepanther has faster integration, and does so much more. It's design makes it simple to use for even those who have never used legal office-management software. Perfect for solo offices or large firms.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on December 28, 2017
Thank you so much Mary for the raving review!
December 27, 2017
David F.
Parter
April 17, 2017

“Automating your Law Office”

OverallBefore we had Practice Panther we had Rocket Matter as our software management system and they increased our fees significantly after the 1st year of our subscription. Practice Panther has fixed rates. Before we were doing a lot of things manually and spending a significant amount of time finding information about clients, and copying and pasting descriptions of time for billing. Now we have easy access to client information and don't have most of those issues. Also, the templates and inputs are awesome for routine legal forms! The custom fields and custom groups are increasing effectiveness and efficiency and quality of the our practice because of less mistakes and less of the problem of finding old client's names in forms that you might miss. Once created, the templates also makes it easier to find the permanent form for the specific area for your practice. Practice Panther added the ability to bill your time right from the calendar soon after we subscribed which is a huge time advantage. Also, Practice Panther is mobile with a great iphone app and ipad app you can take in the court room or on the road. My receptionist and legal secretary can make appointments which immediately show up on my remote apps and vice versa, and the calendar and billing time also works great on those apps. I researched many legal software management programs before deciding on Practice Panther and I have not been disappointed. It is an excellent software management system for the small to medium size law firm.
ProsThe ability to use client information directly transferred into legal forms
ConsNot a lot of flexibility to customize invoices
Recommendations to other buyersThe Practice Panther team has been very responsive to any issues or questions we have had about using the software at no additional cost!
April 17, 2017
Martin M.
March 30, 2017

“Perfect for my needs”

OverallI have been using PracticePanther for my small law firm for a little over a year now. It has proven to be extremely valuable and has made my practice more productive. I have been able automate a variety of functions that I use every day to be more productive and expand my business. The software is extremely easy to customize and set up for my practice. Billing, intake forms, templates, workflows, calendar management and client relationship management, cloud storage, client portals with secure messaging are all integrated into the software. No hidden costs. Everything is included and no upcharges. Support is very responsive with several ways to contact them right within the program. They are also very responsive to suggestions and they have quickly integrated requested features. While I am not sure how many people work at PracticePanther, I imagine there a lot. However, I feel like I get the support of a local business and that my business matters.
ProsI like just about everything about this software and have put most of my likes in my review.
ConsIt is hard to find a least like in this software, and if there ever is it get addressed and fixed. For example I had difficulty setting up my invoices but after contact with their support and granting them temporary access it was fixed in minutes
Recommendations to other buyersno
March 30, 2017
Thomas T.
Client Services Coordinator
August 9, 2018

“Effective and Deeply Integrated Legal Software”

OverallOverall whenever I had an issue or problem their chat window in the bottom right allows you to communicate directly with support. Support does it's best to get you the answer and if it is a very important loss of function it is escalated quickly and effectively.
ProsReviewing each area that we dealt with might be the best way to create a picture of PracticePanther. I have provided a short review of each below: The sales team addressed any and all concerns effectively and went deep into any concerns we had. The data migration team did their best to work back and forth with us to try and make sure the data wasn't input incorrectly. Their training team provided excellent training for our employees and still continues to do so. The support lower tier and higher tiers addressed any issues our team has had very quickly. Personally I enjoyed the ability to pull down literally any data search into excel and run analytics on them. It provides a robust way to look at the data and a transparent way to export whatever you may need.
ConsThey have a time frame to transfer all of your data into their system from older systems. If you went outside of this time and missed some things about data quality you could possibly get charged for it. If you are importing a lot of data I would suggest you make sure you have a clear picture of what you want and make sure they understand your expectations as well. Possibly have some longer detailed phone calls with their import team. The outlook calendar import is a bit tricky too, as you need a .csv to import and not just a 365 login.
August 9, 2018
Kathleen S.
attorney
September 19, 2019

“Never lose track of your time”

OverallI can keep realistic records of actual time spent, and detail about what I've been doing, which enables me to make a very credible motion for award of attorney's fees when we win.
ProsAs an attorney, I love the power to keep track of time--in real time. I can start a timer to record time spent on behalf of clients, or, I can input the time spent on tasks where I didn't have time to start the timer before jumping into an issue.
ConsAfter I got accustomed to the features, I like everything about it.
September 19, 2019
Michele T.
Managing Partner
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“Practice Panther is a game changer!”

OverallAwesome - real increase in productivity, reduction in costs and excellent overall ease of use for firm and clients.
ProsMy firm used PCLaw for nearly 20 years and grew so exasperated with it that we began searching for something new. I contacted several companies to explore software options. From my first contact with Practice Panther, they were far superior to every other company and its software is, too. The web-based platform makes for easy use away from the office and on mobile devices. It's so user friendly that no one required any training. The client portal allows clients to track their invoices and payments, which eliminates lots of wasted time on the customer service end of things. Can't say enough good things!
ConsThe only knock is some of the terminology doesn't make sense. All receipts are called "retainers" and write downs are called "credit notes" and display like payments. The integration with Quickbooks is good, but it is not an accounting software package so some of the reports are a little light with information. That said, I relay my concerns to Practice Panther support and they work on solutions.
July 17, 2019
Melanie R.
Founding Partner
August 7, 2017

“I am thrilled with the ease I can conduct business, track hours, set reminders, and bill clients.”

ProsAnd Justice Legal provides family law, domestic violence, and criminal legal services to clients seeking understanding and guidance through difficult situations, so clients can find a better path on the other side. That path may connect clients with resources to address personal challenges, destructive choices, needed skill sets, or boundaries. The founding partner of And Justice Legal, graduated Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service in 1983 and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Rhodes received her Juris Doctorate in August 2000 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. At graduation Ms. Rhodes received the Atkinson Kelsey Award of Excellence in Family Law in recognition of her drafting and lobbying the first statute in New Mexico to require the domestic relations courts to consider domestic violence prior to awarding custody of a child. After 17 years of practice, Practice Panther has assisted me in opening my own law firm with the many work flow tools and customer communication and educational opportunities. One of my favorite features is being able to move seamlessly from using PracticePanther on my Microsoft Word computer in the office to my iphone when I am on my way to Court. It makes it very easy to capture billing with the built in timer while at Court and then to take a snapshot of the receipt for parking and attach it to a client matter as an expense.
August 7, 2017
Timothy L.
Managing Member
June 6, 2017

“my firm is a boutique law firm which specializes in trial work on behalf of other law firms. ”

OverallI'm not sure there is anything I like "least" about the software. As with any software, I would like it to do exactly what I want to do tailored for my particular type of practice. That is obviously impossible absent having custom written software. However, after trying numerous platforms, Practice Panther is the closest thing I've been able to find two custom software.
ProsWhen I oversaw operations at my previous firm, I always lamented my inability to leverage existing technology in a thoughtful and efficient way. Changing the dogma at an existing firm seems to be a significant barrier to many firms implementing technology solutions and, more importantly, sticking with them.When I decided to begin anew, I spent weeks trying all of the software out there. I tested the patience of the support teams as I pushed the limits of the various software platforms to make sure they would work in a way that integrated with how I work and think. Once I found Practice Panther, I knew I was where I wanted to be. The program is intuitive, forward-thinking, and addresses the things that I care the most about. Support is rapid and efficient. I'm thrilled to have found Practice Panther as a partner.
June 6, 2017
Angela D.
Managing Partner
May 24, 2017

“Fabulous! They made our transition easy, fast, and convenient. ”

OverallSeamless integration with Office 365, Box (and Dropbox), Quickbooks, LawPay, and more. We are capturing more of our billable time and the client portal has decreased the time between invoice and payment resulting in higher collection rates. They also have a wonderful support team that really cares about making your user experience the best it can be.
ProsI cannot say enough good things. There are so many Pros! Seamless integration with Box, Quickbooks, LawPay, and Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.). Transferring/Uploading client & matter information was easy and amazingly fast. We were up an running after only a few hours from creating our account. Our clients appreciate the Client Portal including being able to securely upload documents, send secure messages (rather than using email), receive invoices, and pay online. We left another law firm management program, Rocket Matter, after only 2 weeks due to poor integration and non-stop headaches. I was worried Practice Panther would end up being much of the same, but I could not be happier we decided to jump to Practice Panther. Their tech support team strives to find solutions rather than simply telling us "no." Every time I wonder whether Practice Panther has the ability to do something, their team finds a way to make it happen. We are extremely happy with platform.
ConsA few of the features were not immediately intuitive, but as we use it more and learn about all its features the happier we are with our choice.
May 24, 2017
BRIAN K.
Senior Paralegal
August 3, 2019

“One Stop Shop for Practice Management ”

OverallWe are able to run our entire practice and back office with this software. It is truly the one stop shop for practice management.
ProsIt is very user friendly and comprehensive.
ConsThere could be more integration with other key legal software and expanded billing and invoice options.
August 3, 2019
Brad W.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 31, 2019

“Best in class legal software ”

ProsPracticePanther is a 360 solution for your law firm. Its built on a robust API that allows you to connect to other tools to increase your productivity.
ConsSimilar to Clio, and other competitors, there is simply a lack of certain features, but the team is eager to learn of our needs and works to implement updates as quickly as possible.
May 31, 2019
Jenna A.
Office Manager, Paralegal
November 15, 2017

“Easily tied our two offices together.”

OverallHas allowed our two offices to start working together seamlessly, with fewer emails back and forth and duplicated work. Can more easily manage the workflow of support staff regardless of which office they work in. Attorneys can now access all their work from court or wherever they happen to be.
ProsLove that it's cloud based and has almost no learning curve. If you have basic internet navigation skills, you can master Practice Panther in no time.
ConsWould prefer for "contacts" and "clients" to be two separate things, and would prefer to have contacts entered in custom fields on the matter page automatically added to that matter's relationships. Would love to see added functionality of being able to generate mailing lists/proofs of service from the relationships tab.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on November 16, 2017
Thank you so much Jenna, we definitely focus on making it as easy as possible to get started the same day you sign up! We actually have a great way to separate contacts and clients using tags. We will email you now with the solution, thanks again!
November 15, 2017
Juan Mendez B.
March 31, 2017

“PracticePanther made it so easy to keep our clients happy and our employees happy. ”

OverallI owe PracticePanther so much for helping our firm keep us true to our mission. At Ticket Drop, we made it a mission of our firm to provide the best customer service, so I have been looking for a reliable and affordable case management software that would help me do just that. I was hesitant to finally settle on one, but that changed when I tried PracticePanther. Almost immediately I found the software much more easy to use than the other products I tried out and it accomplished everything I was looking for to benefit my firm and my clients. We make sure each of our clients is able to communicate directly with the lawyer handling their ticket. PracticePanther's portal is so easy to use and intuitive, no one in our firm had any trouble getting our clients to use it to view the status of their case, billing, important announcements, and to keep track of all the work their lawyer was doing for them. I can tell you that our clients were incredibly grateful to have all the information available to them. PracticePanther made it so easy for them to see how hard we were working for them. PracticePanther made it so simple and faster to communicate with our clients and I know their software is saving us so much time in the short and long run. PracticePanther was the best way to show our clients that we mean what we say: that we value customer service. No other software out there made it so easy to keep our clients happy and our employees happy. The guys over at PracticePanther's customer support are also incredibly helpful. The software is not hard at all to pick up, but when there were a few bumps in the road I simply picked up the phone and called their customer support. They took their time helping me through the issues I had, they answered all my questions patiently and took my feedback to heart. They really make it a priority to listen to feedback and use it to make their software even better. That's how you make a better product and their software really show how much they try to make it user-friendly.
March 31, 2017
August 8, 2019

“Missed the boat”

OverallIt's got a long way to go to meet the expectations of a multi attorney practice.
ProsThe software sure does "look" nice. But it really missed the boat on some of the more nuanced features of a law practice. For example, when applying a discount to an invoice, the discount must be applied to the total invoice (fees AND costs). Discounts cannot be applied to just the fees. Why in the world would any attorney want to apply a discount to client costs advanced on behalf of the client??? When I inquired about this, their answer was "just put in a discounted custom rate for the matter". This response is completely unacceptable since I may only want to apply a discount to one invoice rather than all work done on the matter! This is just one small example of the half hearted attempt of this company to make a legal management software. This is just one of several problems with the "features" of the software. The timers are always so buggy. The software is just not refined at all. None of the features were well thought out. It's like the programmers decided "Hey! This is a cool feature to add!" But never really fined tuned any of them to a fully functioning feature that could work well. They all sort of work to only about 50-60 percent functionality. It should not come as any surprise, though, since neither the founders nor anyone else on the management team has any experience in the legal industry. The company would be well served to hire some actual attorneys to advise them on how to fine tune their software to make it a truly great legal software.
ConsThe lack of any real understanding of the nuances of a legal practice by the founders and creators of the company and software.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on August 14, 2019
Hello! We really appreciate your feedback and understand your concern. Over the years, we've focused every effort to make a great Legal product for many specialty Law firms but of course there's always room to grow. It would be great to get on a call and go over any specific issues you are having with PracticePanther and of course to log any further feedback you may have. Please feel free to reach out anytime, and we'd be more than happy to assist you.
August 8, 2019
Jeff P.
June 7, 2019

“Terrible practice management software”

OverallWhen you sign up, you'll get an invitation to a live webinar two weeks out. Totally unhelpful for someone trying to get up and running. I have been using PracticePanther for about one month, and I'm already considering changing to another PMS. The money I spent on PracticePanther is a sunk cost. I really think I should just cut my losses because if I don't, I'll end up spending a lot of time trying to manage and work around the software. I really don't feel like it's saving me any time at all. I would probably be better off with T-sheets, Quickbooks, and Law Pay only.
ProsClients can pay online. I honestly can't think of anything else to say.
ConsWhere do I start? The time keeping function is terrible. You cannot edit start and stop times. You cannot start and stop multiple timers in the mobile app. The software auto-saves frequently, and when it does, it moves the cursor in the entry to the end of the text. This is annoying. You cannot start a timer and then add the client-matter without causing the time to round up. The syncing with G Suite is bad. The software will not sync with all the fields in Google Contacts, and the "custom fields" in PracticePanther do not sync into Google Contacts. This results in a lot of duplicate data entry, which is what I was trying to void with practice management software. The software does not sync will with Google Drive well at all either. Apparently, you can't have any folders in Google Drive with the same name. For example, Client_01\general and Client_02\general would result in an error and none of your Google Drive documents will be visible in PracticePanther. The software billing feature is terrible. First, you cannot have multiple companies or entities tied to the same individual. Thus, if you have a contact who owns multiple businesses that are clients, you will not be able to list all those businesses under the client's name. To make matters worse, you can only email invoices to individuals who are listed under the company. I had to create multiple dummy contacts called "Accounts Payable" just so that I could email my clients their invoices. I ran out of space.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on June 24, 2019
Hi Jeff, Thank you so much for taking the time to join our team on a training call, and for discussing the features and functionalities you would like to see incorporated into the software on our follow up call. As mentioned, some of the functionalities, specifically regarding Google, are limited by our integration partners. However, we will, of course, update you if any of the discussed functionalities change at any point. We are constantly working on improving our user experience and your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time, please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can help you with.
June 7, 2019
Chase Gregory J.
October 29, 2018

“After Shopping Around, I chose PracticePanther”

OverallI asked around my legal community and the overall consensus is that no modern law firm can live without a practice management software and this is even more true for the solo and small firms. The amount of time saved cannot be emphasized enough. This was what every lawyer I talked to said and it has been my experience since starting using PP. I spend less time managing my practice, my billing is more accurate, my clients are more likely to pay because they have more options and my number of billable hours per month is increased.
ProsI spent a lot of time looking at the various available platforms. I requested trial versions and I tried out several. I also took recommendations from other lawyers and chose PracticePanther for a couple of important reasons. One - They have the best tutorials and their customer service people are constantly available. And Two- I was not pressured to complete my trial in 20-30 days. I was given unlimited access to test out three clients for as long as I felt I needed to truly experience how the software would integrate into my environment. It works very well, makes me money because it frees up time for more billables and streamlines my income so I can concentrate more on making money and less on collecting and paperwork.
ConsI have not come across any cons as of yet, not that there aren't any, but I am still a little new and have not utilized every feature yet.
Michael M.
June 1, 2018

“After years of begging them for real fixed price billing, I'm giving up.”

OverallIt was a good start to law firm management, now I need something that works like a law firm needs to work, not force my law firm to work like the software wants me to.
ProsIt's easy to learn the basics. The calendar is good, it's helpful that they show tasks there. Searching is great. It's totally adequate if all you do is bill for time and integrate with Quickbooks.
ConsPanther has no report on Items (e.g. how much of your revenue is from Document Drafting vs Litigation). To get such a report, you MUST integrate with Quickbooks. But the biggest problem is that Fixed Price billing (what they call "Flat Fee") is worthless. Fixed Price billing was clearly an afterthought, and their implementation has not changed at all since the early days when I started using it: 1) It does not let you assign an Item as you can with time entries, so you can't easily tell Quickbooks that a Fixed Price invoice was for a trademark application, not doc review; 2) You can't assign a lawyer to a Fixed Price billing, so you cannot get a report to help you pay everyone proportionally to their Fixed Price billings; 3) Fixed Price matters become immediately billable even if no work has been done, so you must manually keep track of when it's time to invoice for a Fixed Price matter, and there's no report on billable Fixed Price matters; 4) When entering time on a Fixed Price matter, there's way no way to check whether you are about to exceed the budget, and no way anywhere to compare budgeted vs actual. If you're a modern firm moving to fixed price as much as possible, you'll spend a LOT of time looking for work-arounds, and you'll find that implementing your work-arounds will chew up any time saving you might have gotten from using the rest of the software. I can't wait to change to software that does Fixed Price right.

By PracticePanther Legal Software on August 30, 2018
Hey Michael, thank you so much for you feedback. I just wanted to let you know that based on the feedback of our users, yourself included, we have implemented a NEW FLAT FEE pricing option. We are the ONLY ones in the market to offer this function! We understand that the needs of our firms are constantly evolving and we value the suggestions and feedback of all of our users. You can check out the guide published by our training department here: https://support.practicepanther.com/contacts-and-matters/getting-started/flat-fees-tutorial Furthermore, visit our updates page for past and future releases. https://www.practicepanther.com/law-firm-practice-management-software/ Thanks for being a valued customer from the beginning!
June 1, 2018
Rachel C.
Marketing Consultant/ Founder
September 21, 2018

“Practice Panther Is Truly Helpful!”

OverallIt has been good! We had to work out kinks when we first moved to the system and there are little things we wish has more instruction but once you implement it, you just plug and play for the most part!
ProsCloud-based service! This feature works so much better than having a dedicated IP for a server for our staff to use the software. As I said being able to work from anywhere and access information on the go is a life changer for the firm and all the staff. We are all more connected and communicate things clearly and easily within chat to one another also!
ConsIt could be better with support. We generally use chat to get help and the main thing is that we always get an instant link to articles while we wait and while that can be helpful sometimes it doesn't really address our issue, but overall it is helpful.
September 21, 2018
Harold T.
August 27, 2018

“User review ”

ProsThere are many things I like about Practice Panther. But I think what stands out is what is important for most people. Customer service. I've used this software for almost three years and the customer service has always been excellent. They are responsive and always explain in detail the answer to my issues.
ConsWhat I like least about the software is the helpful videos have been removed from the dashboard drop down menu. Although this feature still may be accessible in the help menu it was more convenient for me to find videos through the drop box menu. But this is just a very minor inconvenience at best.
August 27, 2018
March 12, 2018

“Practice Panther has really helped us get organized and stay on top of our client projects. ”

OverallIt has helped us organize and stay on top of our client projects so we can draft documents in a more timely manner. It has also improved our communication within our firm on projects and tasks. We like the customization options. They are constantly updating it to become more useful.
ProsSimple to use - small learning curve. The customer service is fabulous! I love that I can access the program from anywhere (especially on my iPad) and that the view is fairly consistent so I don't have to learn another view.
ConsIt is a bit inflexible to adapt to an estates and trusts practice. For instance, for estate planning for a married couple we have to place the Matter under only one of their names - we would prefer to be able to show the Matter under both, instead we do a work-around through Relationships and a custom Spouse cell.
March 12, 2018