Trainerize Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5

About Trainerize

Trainerize is a Club Fitness app and training software trusted by 100,000+ fitness professionals and 10,000 health clubs worldwide. Grow your business, increase revenues and boost member retention with online personal training, in-app communication, group training, and workout and nutrition tracking. Trainerize connects to the best apps on the market and allows you to better manage your personal training clients and motivate them like never before. Trainerize is Free for 30 days. Sign Up Now. Learn more about Trainerize

Katie H.
Personal Trainer & Health Coach
April 17, 2019

“Best tool I could find for my online training & health coaching business”

OverallMy overall experience has been very positive. It's very easy to program for individuals and groups, communicate, see progress, give nutritional help, and charge/track services. I recommend it to any trainer looking for an online platform.
ProsI really like how there are video demos of all the exercises - and if there is not an exercise in the list that fits what you are looking for, you can use a YouTube video and create your own. It's user friendly to the clients as well, and they can track their progress in various ways. They can track their weights used for each exercise, refer to weight they have used for that exercise in the past, and then when they finish a workout, the app tells them if they have set a new personal best (and it tells me too!). I was also able to upload nutrition information and set macro goals, and see their progress if they link My Fitness Pal. I also appreciate how I get a push notification when a client completes a workout, sets a personal best, or messages me - eliminating the need to constantly open the app for updates. It sends them reminders to do their workouts as well.
ConsI feel like it took me about a month to figure out how to create workouts and have them appear to the client how I wanted them to. There are also features for the client that I don't think they are aware of, and would be helpful if there was a mini tutorial they could go through when they get started (tracking weights, substituting an exercise, etc.) I also had one client who said she had to take the app off her phone because it was slowing things down/wasn't working - but that could have been an issue with the phone.

By Trainerize on May 1, 2019
Hey Katie! You are making us blush!! Thank you so much for your kind review :) We are thrilled you love our workout builder! Good news, our marketing team is currently working on some great "how-to" and educational videos that will be coming out soon! I can definitely pass on your feedback to them so they can touch on those topics! - Team Trainerize
April 17, 2019
Jacqueline L.
Certified Nutrition Coach and Personal Trainer

“Great Software”

OverallI love the app and think it's a great concept. There's lots of room for improvement. I've been using it for about half a year now and I'm getting more used to it. But it wasn't too easy to figure out initially.
Pros1. I like the timers for the circuits and the rests. 2. I like the ease of creating the workouts. 3. All the video demonstrations are great. 4. The automated messages, reminders to workout, ability for clients to check-in. 5. Data! Weight charts, measurements, progress pics, tracking stats 6. Love how you can deactivate clients without having to delete their data. 7. The daily recap sent to email. 8. Ability to upload meal plans
Cons1. I don't like how you can't modify a program from your phone. There are a lot of things you can't do from the phone and have to be at a computer to do. 2. It'd be nice to link the Apple Watch. 3. The check-in and start now is confusing to my clients. There should be one button to start the exercise and that should automatically check you in. 3. It would be nice if there was a fast forward or a skip for the circuits, just in case they need to skip an exercise. Maybe they're injured or for some reason can't do that one. Instead of waiting until the time is up, they can move on. 4. It would be cool for my clients to be able to watch the demo video during the circuit. Instead they have to pause the workout to watch the video. It would be great it the video played while the time continued so they can do the exercise while watching the demo video. 5. Should be a way to add drop sets or a variation of reps. 6. Would be cool to keep a client subscribed to a program and still be able to customize one or two things on their program without unsubscribing them/converting to custom plan. 7. Small issue, but I'll still mention it: on the newer iPhones, it's hard to fast forward the demo video because the slider is very low. The exercise doesn't start until he explains it so usually 5-10 seconds later and most people just want to get to the demonstration part. 8. Inability to send video over the messaging app 9. Would be nice to be able to load multiple meal plans

By Trainerize on May 13, 2019
Hey Jacqueline! Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are so happy you like the ease of creating workouts and tracking your clients progress in Trainerize! Good news, we will be integrating with the Apple Watch soon. We are also going to implement a feature that allows clients to skip exercises in interval workouts! Stay tuned :) - Team Trainerize
Chris D.
CEO/Founder
March 1, 2017

“The best online fitness platform in existence ”

OverallI have worked with Trainerize for about a year and a half now, and it's been a great relatioship. I have gotten to know the support staff in the executive department quite well, as well as the other staff on the technical side, and one person on the customer service side. Everyone at Trainerize is about making the online fitness experience better for both the professional and the end user clients. It was a pleasure getting to organize the initial conference calls with the executives at Trainerize and the executives at Under Armour Connected Fitness to make the MyFitnessPal integration possible. I am very proud of this addition and my part in it, because it means that thousands of trainers across the world, and probably hundreds of thousands of clients now have a way of managing nutrition in real time. End of the day, it's all about making things better, and Trainerize is at the forefront of that movement. Pleasure to be associated with them, and I look forward to a lot more success together in the time to come!
ProsEase of use, integrations, the MFP integration honestly is everything and I worked directly on this so I'm so happy that it has come out the way that it did
ConsWish some of the branding looked a bit better...I might have also not sent the most optimal files. I also wish that messages from clients and to clients were received as better notifications. I don't notice messages from clients until I am inside the app and I am assuming they don't see mine until they log in. Perhaps I'm missing a notification thing here but I just wish messaging was a little more noticeable. Clients might not want messaging going thru all the time, but I certainly would like to receive messages from them right away.
Recommendations to other buyersNot really...I'm sure it will only keep getting better and better over time.

By Trainerize on May 13, 2019
Hey Chris! WOW - thank you so much for your review and kind words! It was a pleasure working with you as well! Please feel free to email us (help@trainerize.com) and one of our coaches would be happy to help fix your notification settings so you are notified on your device every time. - Team Trainerize
March 1, 2017
Jorden B.
Owner at Bodiesbybench.com
January 19, 2018

“Trainerize has helped me build my online fitness business. I absolutely love it!”

OverallTrainerize allowed me to build my online personal training business and has helped me work from home and not in a gym. It has enabled me to work with more clients, get them better results and with less time and effort!
ProsI have been using Trainerize for over 3 years. It has helped me build my business. Being a personal trainer my wife and I were able to move everything online vs in a gym. Freeing us to train more people and in less time. We can create programs, see the client's activity level, see how often they are working out. Trainerize also has a built-in messenger which is great since it is separated from our personal text messaging. I looked into and tried other programs similar to Trainerize but Trainerize, in my opinion, was so much better than the competition. Not to mention my ideas were heard on improvements to make and things to change. They are always coming out with updates and making things better.
ConsI don't really have many complaints about Trainerize. Typically if I had a problem with the software or needed something to be done that it could not currently do, then the developers would work with me on making those improvements. It has been amazing to see the updates they have come out with since I started with them. They really want the user and client experience to be great and they want you to be successful!

By Trainerize on May 13, 2019
Hey Jorden! Thank you SO much! We are so excited Trainerize has helped you build your online fitness business and that you love our in-app messaging feature! Stay tuned for even more exciting updates! - Team Trainerize
January 19, 2018
February 1, 2019

“Best Online Training Software on the Market”

OverallWhile I have used Trainerize to work with clients exclusively online, the biggest benefit is with my in-person clients. Trainerize has really filled in the gap for those who only see me once a week. It has enabled me to offer a more complete and comprehensive fitness solution to my clients.
ProsIt's easy to create workouts in the formats that I want. The exercise demo videos included in the Trainerize library are great, but I also have the option to use videos from YouTube. This gives me the flexibility I need. It's easy for clients to log their workouts which is a huge help to me in tracking their progress and keeping them accountable. The messaging system is a convenient and efficient way to keep in touch with clients. Customer support is very responsive. The team at Trainerize is regularly updating and improving the functionality of the software.
ConsOccasionally an update will change or phase out a feature that I like. There are some minor issues, like the lack of a simple way for clients to log the resistance bands they use or that there's no way in the app for them to see notes from previous times they've done a particular workout.

By Trainerize on May 13, 2019
Hey! Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are so glad you like the Trainerize Exercise Library and our in-app messaging features! We are also thrilled that Trainerize has allowed you to offer more complete and comprehensive fitness solution to your clients. I can definitely pass your feedback to add resistance band workouts and the ability to view previous workout notes on to the development team! - Team Trainerize
Erik W.
Strength and conditioning coach

“Workflow”

OverallBroken enough to do alot of really cool things the developers did not intend. They are constantly trying to get better and their customer service is top notch.
ProsData available. Once the system is learned it is very powerful
ConsWorkflow suffers. When training strictly online weight selection is tied for number one in importance with technique. Where you time is squander is with clients who have to have their weights added to guide them. They must be entered for every workout. We currently use our workout builder we have designed in excel to program the training and then have to transfer those numbers. We use a formula or boolean statement to process this. If trainerize could allow for weight percentages that are based of a weight we define and then define that percentage for each individual exercise your time per client will be cut in half. We haved used this program strictly online with high level athletes and your every day gym goers. The price per minute of your time is slightly over breaking even. I would love to talk more about how we use our builder and trainerize togther to help come up with a solution. Also there is no list of new exercises that are imported. I have filmed exercises only to see a month later trainerize has their own version.

By Trainerize on May 16, 2019
Hey Erik! Thank you so much for your review and feedback! Your idea regarding weight percentages sounds like a cool feature to have in Trainerize's future. Could you email help@trainerize.com with more details on how that would look? We can pass that on to the developers and they can get in touch with you if it is something they are going to add to Trainerize. Also thank you for your feedback on our customer service - made our day :) - Team Trainerize
Greg C.
Personal Trainer/Gym Owner
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Maximize your time and get Trainerize!”

OverallI mainly use Trainerize for my one-on-one clients. Before starting with Trainerize two years ago I would easily spend 2+ hours per day writing up client's workouts in notebooks. It took away time from my family, and limited time I would be able to use meeting with clients. Now it doesn't take me more than a half-hour per day to program. I use a tablet to track my clients throughout the day, and it has greatly streamlined my business! Trainerize also uses easy ways to schedule and progress entire macro or mezo cycles at once, and copy plans from client to client!
ProsI love what my clients love. They love being able to track and reference back to their workouts. They love having videos and instructions on how to do exercises when I'm not around. The app gives them a direct connection to me to answer questions. And I can help motivate and keep my clients accountable though check-ins and goal tracking.
ConsThe system doesn't work the greatest with android devices. Also, if I am training more than one person at a time I have to have a separate device for each person.

By Trainerize on June 20, 2019
Hey Greg! Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled Trainerize has helped you streamline your fitness business! I wanted to let you know we are getting close to releasing a brand new version of the Trainerize app. This is a project we've invested over a year in (rebuilding the app from the ground up) and will definitely improve the overall performance and stability of the app (on Android phones etc)! - Team Trainerize
February 12, 2019
Yesenia G.
Coach
February 9, 2019

“Great for workout programs. Needs improvement for nutrition.”

OverallCustomer service is very responsive but when I ask questions about the items I listed above for improvement they always promise the changes are coming soon however I have yet to see any of the changes they promised months ago.
ProsThis software is great to write workout programs. There are great demo videos for clients and the option to import videos from YouTube is very useful. The charts showing my clients' progress are great snapshots that help me keep my clients' progressing towards their goals.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is the lack of weekly averages for weigh-ins and weekly averages for calories and macros. Right now I am hand-calculating both of those and it's a lot of extra work. The second thing would be to make the timer automatically start counting down upon the completion of an exercise. This is a feature that my clients love from other apps and miss in this app. The ability to make edits to clients' programming via the mobile app is almost nil. I always have to get on a computer to change anything which can be a hassle when I'm on the go.

By Trainerize on June 10, 2019
Hey Yesenia! Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize helps you keep track of your clients progress towards their goals! We are always listening and taking trainers feedback and suggestions into account, however we do have a roadmap in which these are prioritize and that sometimes it is hard to get exact timelines for product changes that are months ahead. With this being said, we encourage you to vote on suggestions at ideas.trainerize.com, our product team is prioritizing based on all suggestions. PS: The timer countdown is in the works. We'll share more information in the next few months. Thanks for your feedback and confidence. - Team Trainerize
Ana F.
Owner, trainer
April 18, 2017

“Makes my life as a trainer 100x easier!”

OverallHelps me stay organized with programming and client communication. I can stay on top of all my clients without going nuts or spending too much time. Clients are always impressed with the professional structure Trainerize gives my business, and they love keeping track of how many workouts they've completed, receiving messages for their Personal Bests, etc. A simple feature that goes a long way in client retention! I can't say enough good things about Trainerize. In the 2 years I've been a customer, I've seen them listen to customer suggestions and put them into action. The app has grown and developed exponentially in 2 years, which makes me look forward to every update they make. If you're a trainer, and you're not using Trainerize, you're missing out on a system that will make you more efficient and professional with your programming and client connection.
ProsBeautiful interface. Progress charts. Keeps track of clients' progress on specific lifts in specific workouts. Easy client communication.
ConsI can't access my workout templates from the APP - I have to open a client's profile for that. I can't change/update training plans of multiple clients at once - having to go one by one is really time consuming.
Recommendations to other buyersI'd love to be able to change client's training plans in bulk.

By Trainerize on May 13, 2019
Wow - thank you SO much Ana! We appreciate your review and are so happy you love the Trainerize interface! Regarding having more functionality on the mobile app, I can definitely pass your feedback on to the development team for review! - Team Trainerize
February 1, 2019

“Every Online Trainer Needs This”

OverallI have had an amazing experience. Great customer service. Good incentive to refer other trainers. Lots of updates. And never a reason to leave or look for something else.
ProsI love that Trainerize is always looking for our feedback as trainers and making improvements. I have only ever used Trainerize because there has never been a need to go anywhere else. They fill the holes when they see them. It allows me to give an amazing experience to my clients too. I receive referrals just because of the app alone! I feel like I can over deliver with it
ConsI don't like that there are some auto messages even when I don't want them. There is difficulty with scheduling sometimes for international clients. I also think some of the videos need better form from the Trainerize library. I also think that there are too many glitches between phone and computer. Sometimes my phone will say 30 progress photos even if there is only 3.

By Trainerize on May 29, 2019
Hey! Thank you so much! We are so happy you love using Trainerize. We really do value the feedback of our trainers and I will definitely pass along your suggestions to our development team for review. I think the auto message concern is something we can fix for you right away! Do you mind emailing help@trainerize.com? One of our coaches can show you how to turn those off. - Team Trainerize
Daniel M.
Business Owner
October 24, 2017

“I really like it. I tried PT distinction for awhile but didn't like it. It fits my style of program”

OverallEasy client management - I run my entire business using this software and Facebook.
ProsI like that you keep updating it and making it better so that it stays in line with your competitors.
ConsI'm struggling to think of something. I think you changed it so that now I have to use the calendar to copy a programme from a current client to a profile which I am currently logged into......... but in the past there was an option to do this in the clients 'training programme' section. I'd like to have that back. (I think you can only add a brand new programme now when in the training section) I'd also like to be able to schedule messages to people so that on day x they'll recieve a message. I know there is an option to do a few of these at the beginning but I'd like to be able to schedule a lot of these running over the course of a 6 month programme. A bit like PT distinction and also another software called coachcatalyst (previously habitcatalyst)

By Trainerize on May 29, 2019
Hey Daniel! Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize fits your style of programming! Good news, we now have program auto messaging! You can set up auto messages in your clients programs for specific days. Feel free to check out help.trainerize.com for more info! - Team Trainerize
Stacy B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified

“Trainerize Review”

OverallI've been using the product for over two and a half years. As a Fit Pro for over 32 years I am thrilled with the success my clients have achieved as a result of having access to workouts 24-7! I am not only thrilled with their results but applaud the efforts of Trainerize and their constant updates and changes to make the program more supportive to our clients needs and also the rapidly changing science and technology that the fitness industry presents to us personal trainers. When I started with the program the capability of using many wearable technology was minimal. Not only has Trainerize embraced that portion of the industry but is constantly evolving in supporting my business making it easy to manage from the sales and marketing standpoint. Kudos to Trainerize! Thrilled with your product and support.
ProsI love everything about the App. From my management of the business to what my clients are able to use when training.
ConsMy only complaint is to make using the Zappa easier. I've had a difficult time connecting all the systems together and stopped using them all Together.
Recommendations to other buyersMaking the Zapps connections more supportive to Non-tech individuals.

By Trainerize on May 29, 2019
Hey Stacy! Thank you!! We are so happy Trainerize has helped you manage and run your successful fitness business! Feel free to reach out to help@trainerize.com with any Zapier questions. One of our coaches would be happy to help answer them for you! - Team Trainerize
Mike S.
February 8, 2019

“Online training is amazing!”

OverallLove it overall!
ProsI love Trainerize! It gives me the power to create a superior experience for my clients while allowing me more time and freedom for content creation and spending time with loved ones. It is truly the future of personal training and I am excited about the new features that Trainerize will continue to add. It is also a very affordable service, which is great for trainers starting out online to 'get their feet wet' and build a client base. Keep up the great work!!
Cons1.) I wish I could view and create master programs and master workouts through the app. Especially since I am currently on the go a lot and it would be awesome if I could build my client templates on the go. 2.) A 'trainer' slot for our own workouts and programs would be a great addition. It would also give us more experience with the app, which would be helpful in answering any client questions.

By Trainerize on June 5, 2019
Hey Mike! Thank you! We are so happy Trainerize has allowed you to deliver a superior experience for your clients while also freeing up more of your time! We will pass on your feedback regarding creating programs from within the app to the developers for review. Did you know you can use "Timmy" the test client to train yourself? Feel free to email help@trainerize.com and one of our coaches can walk you through how to set that up. - Team Trainerize
Ariana F.
Head Coach
February 1, 2019

“Trainerize has been a life-saver for my business!”

OverallPrior to using Trainerize I was creating workout programs on excel sheets, video demonstration playlists on YouTube (which was a hassle in and of itself), and then delivering those programs and playlists via email. I had clients reaching out to me through social media, through email, and through text, and I felt like I was always running in a million different directions. Now, my clients message me through the app when they need me. I don't have to send check-in emails to see how their workouts when because my nightly report fills me in on all the stats, and I can deliver both the programs and the videos in one place which is a HUGE time-saver. My experience with Trainerize has been amazing.
ProsI love that Trainerize is a one-stop shop for running your business. From creating and delivering programs to managing client communication to handling payments and invoices, I appreciate not having to use dozens of different apps and software services.
ConsHonestly there isn't really anything I don't like about it. They are always open to taking feedback from their users and they implement changes regularly.

By Trainerize on May 29, 2019
Hey Ariana! Wow, thank you so much! We are so happy Trainerize has helped you run your fitness business more efficiently! Keep crushing it! - Team Trainerize
Darrell M.
Fitness Director
July 24, 2018

“A solid platform for virtual coaching and OPT”

OverallOverall Trainerize has been a positive experience - it has allowed me to create, build, and grow my virtual coaching business and greatly increase my earning potential.
ProsI appreciate that they continue to add features and innovate. I also like the ability to create workout and program templates and copy it over to individual clients, with the ability to modify the workouts from there. The ability to add my own custom exercises is also pretty crucial.
ConsI wish the payment system was easier to navigate, and I wish there was a way to add a one-time billed product while a client has an existing package running - currently I need to cancel the existing package, do the one-time billing item, then re-subscribe them to a recurring billing package. This is wildly inefficient and disruptive, but not an often-enough-needed feature that it causes major problems for me. I also wish I could modify program templates once assigned to a client.

By Trainerize on June 5, 2019
Hey Darrell! Thanks for the review! We are so happy Trainerize has allowed you to increase your earning potential as a online personal trainer! We definitely understand where you are coming from regarding Trainerize Pay. Our payments team is currently working on the best way to allow clients to purchase multiple products at at once. We will let you know as soon as we have a solution! - Team Trainerize
Pete W.
February 8, 2019

“If You Want to Scale Your Fitness Business, This is the Way to Go!”

ProsI like the ease of use, and how it allows me to keep tabs on dozens of clients at once. The morning reports indicate who's following the program laid out for them, and who's not. The automatic messages it has enable me to do simple things like wishing my clients a happy birthday, and holding them accountable when I don't. Can't recommend this app highly enough!
ConsOne thing I would like for Trainerize to enable is to have a preview of what each workout you create entails. Over the years I've used it, I've come up with hundreds of workouts, and sometimes I forget which exercise are in each. Depending on the client, I'll sometimes have to flip through several workouts before finding one that's varied enough in comparison to what else they're doing that week, and is at the appropriate level.

By Trainerize on June 5, 2019
Hey Pete! Thank you so much! We are happy Trainerize allows you to keep tabs on all your clients in an easy and efficient way! We will definitely pass your feedback regarding workout previews on to the development team for review. - Team Trainerize
Brittany s.
Business Owner/Personal Trainer
May 30, 2019

“Constantly Improving ”

OverallTrainerize has helped me grow my business online significantly. I'm able to build custom fitness programs as well as sell pre designed fitness programs. They make it simple and easy to use compared to other softwares I've tried in the past
ProsThe #1 reason I love this app and training software, they're ALWAYS looking for improvements. I've been using the software to train my clients for 4 years now and the Trainerize team has made HUGE improvements in the software. They're constantly making it better and more effective. I've never been disappointed with their feature add ons or updates.
ConsThere are times my app is slow on my phone. This can be extremely frustrating when I'm trying to keep in contact with my clients and communicate with them.

By Trainerize on June 18, 2019
Hey Brittany! Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy Trainerize is your online training software of choice. In regards to the speed of the app on your phone, can you email help@trainerize.com? We can fix that for you! Stay tuned for even more exciting updates and new features :) - Team Trainerize
May 30, 2019
February 1, 2019

“Simple and straight forward”

OverallIt has helped my client journey so much better than simply sending them away with homework. They have to check in when they do it too which means that they get much better results. It keeps everyone accountable. One wish is to have a calendar to book my appointments and to accept payments in my country. Then It's a one stop shop! I love it. I'll never leave again.
ProsThe exercise builder is my favourite part. I can upload whether it's reps and sets or an interval or a circuit. What I love most about it, is you can upload videos for the client to check if they're not sure. I left trainerize for a year and tried other providers but non compared when it came to actually building a user / client friendly experience.
ConsI would like to be able to run the interval training on the desktop site and not just the mobile app. That way it can also work for clients without compatible phones.

By Trainerize on June 18, 2019
Hey! Thank you so much for your review and feedback :) We are so happy you believe Trainerize provides the best client and user experience for online training. Can you email help@trainerize.com and let us know the types of phones your clients have? We can work on making the app more compatible with them! Appointments is a feature coming soon so stay tuned :) - Team Trainerize
Kelly D.
Self employed personal trainer
February 17, 2019

“Great tool”

OverallOverall I'm very pleased with this app. I like that it allows me to automate my online client workouts!! Ive looked at other apps but this one still seems the best for me!
ProsI like the ease of uploading my own videos, my clients find it easy to use and easy to follow. I like that I can design programs for program templates. I like that it appears that this is my app
ConsIt is a bit pricey, I can't see exact meals my clients are having. I would like to be able to respond to check - ins using my apple watch for instant correspondence. It would also be nice to have a back office for trainers to have bookkeeping even if we dont use the stripe app that is actually very expensive for me to use.

By Trainerize on June 21, 2019
Hey Kelly! Thank you for your review! We are so happy your clients find Trainerize easy to use and follow. Did you know if your clients track meals with the Fitbit app you can see their meals? They don't need a Fitbit wearable and the app is free! Feel free to email help@trainerize.com if you have any questions about how to set that up! - Team Trainerize
February 17, 2019
Mercedes P.
Fitness and Training Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Trainerize is the best if you are a personal trainer”

OverallI am able to create programs fast for my clients. With this software, clients are able to get support from me in real time.
ProsEasily drop in YouTube videos. Creating master programs is amazing because you can copy and customize templates easily. The mobile app seems to be easy for clients to use. I like the advanced progression capabilities, its easy to change reps and sets, and descriptions on one screen.
ConsI am a climbing coach, so the layout of exercises and drills doesn't work as well in Trainerize since each drill needs more detail and some need extra video support. The customization of this could be better. The calendar feature could be better.

By Trainerize on July 4, 2019
Hey Mercedes! We are thrilled you like using Trainerize to create programs with our Master Programs feature! Thanks for your feedback regarding adding more detail to workouts and improving the calendar feature. Could you email us (help@trainerize.com) with more information on what you would like the features to look like? We would love to learn more! - Team Trainerize
Bladimir L.
Certified personal trainer
May 1, 2018

“As a trainer, I've used this service for nearly 4 years now, and I must say that I have no regrets!”

ProsThe fact that it contributed greatly in allowing me to expand my clientele and the way I track my client's progress. With the click of a button, I can go back and see how my clients are advancing. It's also great that they provide multiple means to track progress; such as body fat, pictures, and tape measurements. Once my client downloads the app, they will be able to see their progress, receive workouts and meal plans, and communicate with me through its built in messaging. I truly love this app and it's services.
ConsWhat I like least about the software is that I am not able to print out a client's progress the same way I could their workouts,that is the only bummer that I have against it.

By Trainerize on June 10, 2019
Hey Bladimir! Thank you for your review! We are so happy Trainerize has allowed you to expand your clientele! In regards to printing progress, that does sound like a good idea to have in Trainerize's future. We will definitely pass your feedback on to the development team for review. - Team Trainerize
May 1, 2018
Carwin R.
April 18, 2017

“Seems to be made for Trainers and Clients by Trainers and Clients!”

OverallI've been using Trainerize since 2012 or 2013 and the app has been detrimental to my growth as a trainer and as a business. Even at corporate gyms before I was independently training I used the app to give my services more value and sale more at my respective clubs. The best thing about the trainerize app is it constantly updates to better serve the trainer and be more convenient for the client. Anytime I have an issue I can email or call and get a response in a timely manner to have the issue resolved. I'm very pleased with the app and don't know how I would be able to give my clients so much of their needed attention or make each client feel like they are my only client had I not found this app.
ProsConstantly updated to better serve the trainer and client. Best feature has to be the push notifications/reminders.
ConsI want to access workout templates and assign workouts to training plans from my phone. I know this feature is soon to come.
Recommendations to other buyersNone

By Trainerize on June 5, 2019
Hey Carwin! Wow - thank you so much! We are so happy Trainerize has allowed you to grow your training business! Stay tuned for the new version of the Trainerize app coming this Fall :) - Team Trainerize
Natalie U.
July 27, 2018

“A necessity for trainers”

ProsI like having all clients in one spot vs. worrying about individual files. I use Trainerize for both online and in-home clients. My clients love following the workouts and they are easy on my end to put together. I also like the option of tracking progress through photos, measurements and weight. It really steps up the accountability for clients. I've used the software for three years and they've continued to listen to trainers' ideas and improved it more and more. It is a necessity in my business!
ConsI wish they would incorporate healthy habits into the app. I have worked around it though by making habits as "workouts" to still allow clients to check in on them daily.

By Trainerize on June 18, 2019
Hey Natalie! Wow, thank you so much! We are thrilled Trainerize is a necessity for your business and helps keep your clients accountable! Good news - we are coming out with out a new Habit Tracking Feature in the Fall of 2019! Stay tuned! - Team Trainerize
Rob Y.
Co-Owner / Fitness Director
July 24, 2018

“Best Overall General Fitness Platform I have found”

OverallOverall extremely satisfied. We are very reliant on the Trainerize platform for our future coaching services.
ProsIt addresses most of the fitness programming and online coaching needs while allowing integration with other best in class platforms for an overall comprehensive system. (Still further to go, but the development team seems open to addressing these needs)
ConsWell, it isn't perfect, and it isn't all things (but nothing is, so to be nit picky) The big items are: - the integrated pay system only allows one package or product, no add-on upsells to a pre-existing service - there is not an integrated scheduling system (yet) - we cannot assign Master program and a Custom program to a client

By Trainerize on June 21, 2019
Hey Rob! Thank you for your review and feedback! We are thrilled you think Trainerize is the best overall general fitness platform (we do too)! Having two products at the same time is something we are looking into adding to Trainerize Pay. We will let you know as soon as we do! - Team Trainerize
Michael F.
Owner, Head Personal Trainer
October 26, 2017

“Love the app and how it's growing and getting better month by month, year by year.”

Overall-Ability to save a lot of time, as well as store everything in one central place. -can now take on a much larger clientele base and train solely online - much better than old school excel spreadsheets and just simple email communication
ProsToo many to type, but for sake of simplicity I'll pick the top three -Programs feature which allows you to store pre-made programs and copy them out, or add subscriber -groups feature, which is great for increasing social motivation and something special that the app offers -It's integration with new payments that has incorporated automation aspects that will allow us trainers to create a program and then simply "let it run" and not more work is needed on our end if we set it up properly; just need to collect the $$

By Trainerize on June 10, 2019
Hey Michael! Wow - thank you SO much! We are so happy you love the app! The Master Programs feature and Trainerize Pay feature are some of our favourites too. Stay tuned for more exciting updates and features coming soon! - Team Trainerize
October 26, 2017
JODI J.
February 13, 2019

“On-line Training made easy”

OverallMy clients and I really like Trainerize. The ease of use, the ability for the clients to change their workouts if needed or add on extra things they do is huge. I like the flexibility of the app and look forward to going on vacation soon and still training my clients.
ProsThis software is easy to use not only for myself as the trainer but also for my clients. (Not all of whom are tech savy) It helps to keep clients accountable no matter what their goals and my it allows me to continue to add on to my client base even when my face2face business is full. The ability to take pictures, measurements and weight stats and see them all on a graph is a big plus as well. Some of my clients haven't lost much weight, but when we put the pictures together there is no doubt they are doing well. I look forward to even more updates and to see where Trainerize goes with this app. Keep up the great work.
ConsI currently have no cons with this app. I have not worked on groups or meal plans I am currently just using it for single clients. Keep up the great work.

By Trainerize on June 10, 2019
Hey Jodi! Wow - thank you so much! We are thrilled you and your clients find Trainerize easy to use! Definitely check out the nutrition and groups features - they are game changers when it comes to online training. - Team Trainerize
Brittany S.
April 24, 2017

“Simple, Quick, EFFECTIVE ”

OverallTrainerize has helped my business grow, along with helping my clients see quicker results. I run a personal training studio and online personal training business. My clients see fast results due to the "easy-to-use" Trainerize app. This app has progressed and is staying up to date with the latest software techniques and training techniques. It's so easy to communicate with my clients and build workouts for them. They all LOVE it! Highly recommended Software. We have been using Trainerize for nearly 2 years now and our business has quadrupled income since.
ProsEasy to use, I can build workouts in NO time!
ConsI wish there was a way to build and sell pre made programs
Recommendations to other buyersI've tried many different training apps, this one had the best way to build workouts FAST! (Which is what you want when you have a large client base!)

By Trainerize on July 4, 2019
Hey Brittany! Wow - that is amazing! Congrats on growing your fitness business. We are so happy your clients love using Trainerize! Did you know you can now build and sell programs using Trainerize Pay? Feel free to check it out along with our pre-built programs in the Trainerize Content Libraries :) - Team Trainerize
April 24, 2017
Denetra B.
February 1, 2019

“I would not be in business without Trainerize”

ProsI love Trainerize is always updating the app to make the features even better. Since they ask all clients to input thoughts or vote for ideas. The features that get implemented are always what I need! I wouldn't even think about the added feature but be so grateful once its updated to the app. I also like that customer support is very quick to respond. The platform is used friendly and there are tons of video tutorials. Best part is I have my own app and logo in both the Apple/Google Play Store. It makes me feel so accomplished, professional, and tech savvy!
ConsHonestly none. Since Trainerize and constantly improving I have no issues.

By Trainerize on June 21, 2019
Hey Denetra! Wow, thank you so much! We are thrilled you love Trainerize and our features! Stay tuned for more exciting releases and updates :) - Team Trainerize
Laura B.
March 7, 2018

“I've looked into other online fitness apps and this one has been the best all around!”

ProsTrainerize just keeps improving, updating, and getting better and better. My clients love so many of the features provided to make their workouts easy to access, easy to move around on their calendar, and easy to check in with me as their trainer. I can go on and on of the benefits of using this online training software!
ConsThe one con is that it can be glitchy at time with opening the app and take quite a while to open up for me. I don't know if it's like that for my clients devices. It may just be mine because of all the data and video content I have stored inside that needs to be uploaded. But overall, a great software tool.

By Trainerize on July 4, 2019
Hey Laura! Thank you so much! We are thrilled you and your clients love using Trainerize! In regards to the glitches, can you email help@trainerize.com? One of our coaches can help fix that for you! - Team Trainerize
March 7, 2018
Francis W.
Personal trainer
1-10 employees
September 19, 2016

“Trainerize has transformed my business”

OverallI have been using Trainerize for nearly 3 years and would highly recommend it to any fitness professional. Building workout programs is simple and makes running the business much easier, while at the same time giving me the edge to not only expand but deliver personalized programs and RESULTS for my clients. It has been the driving force behind my online product and puts me head and shoulders above other personal trainers in my area. It really is fantastic. Client base has tripled along with the income. And it has given me the freedom to enjoy being a personal trainer and have more free time to enjoy life with the extra income. Give it a go, it will transform your business guaranteed.
ProsEasy to use, great customer service and an all round great software.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersTry it for yourself. You will be happy you did!

By Trainerize on July 4, 2019
Hey Francis! Wow - thank you SO much! We are so happy to hear that Trainerize transformed your fitness business. - Team Trainerize
September 19, 2016
Frank L.
Self-employed
March 13, 2017

“So Much Potential, Misses the Mark”

OverallI've tried 6 or 7 of the most popular personal training apps and decided to go with Trainerize. It's best at creating workouts quickly and easily, and has excellent client monitoring features. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of bugs. There is nothing worse than logging a whole workout during a session with a client, and then the app won't save it - losing everything. It has essentially forced me back to pen and paper. The integrations with fitbit and myfitnesspal sound impressive, but they don't import activity data. Makes no sense. If you can sync some of the data, why not sync the MOST IMPORTANT data? I have people tracking their activity with fitbit or with other apps - but now they have to enter it one more time into Trainerize. Customer service is frustratingly slow, it takes three days to get a response - even when you purchase an annual plan that promises "priority support" and a "dedicated customer service manager." The response will always be, "our team will consider it." Then nothing. If you want an app improvement, there has to be enough votes collected by the Trainerize community (which most users probably never take the time to visit) to work on it, even if the development team is fully aware of it and knows it makes sense. They remove features without warning. Before, when you created exercises for the app, you could link to a youtube video OR use photos. In many cases, it made more sense to use a photo (stretches/simple exercises). After taking weeks to create, edit and upload all these photos for my exercise database, they removed the feature and lowered the quality of my photos so much that all the user could see was a pixelated mess. Their response was essentially "Too bad, so sad." Without these (and some other) problems, this app would be unbelievable! But with it's continued crashes, it loses it's usefulness and can be more problems than it's worth. Might be fine if you're only using it for online training. Recommendation: It's still probably the best app, but I will revisit the others. DEFINITELY, don't sign up for a year - go monthly for a while and see how it works for you.
ProsEasy to use, easy to create workouts (and great flexibility to adjust workouts on the fly), many automated features, excellent client monitoring (including a new push notifications system).
ConsCrashes, losing data, won't sync what counts, requires client to have internet connection, poor communication from customer service that responds to, but does not solve, problems.
Recommendations to other buyersI've got a lot of complaints, but it's still probably the best app out there - maybe one day they will get rid of the bugs and improve it's reliability, but that's what I hoped for a year ago. Take a few months and weight for the initial "I LOVE THIS APP" high to wear off before considering a longer term subscription.

By Trainerize on July 3, 2019
Hey Frank! Thank you for taking the time to review us and provide feedback! We are sorry we weren't able to get back to you sooner, we recently realized we were able to reply to reviews on Capterra and are now trying to get back to everyone. We are so happy you find creating workouts in Trainerize easy! In regards to the crashes, we are in the process of releasing a brand new version of the app (we invested over a year in rebuilding it from the ground up) that is going to improve the performance and overall stability of the app! If you would like beta access to try it out please email us at help@trainerize.com and we would be happy to give you access! In regards to MyFitnessPal, we can only sync the data they send us. We are working on improving our integration with them to hopefully include more data soon. Thank you for your patience while we work to grow and improve Trainerize. - Team Trainerize
March 13, 2017
Natalie N.
February 1, 2019

“They've really upped their game!”

OverallThey have big plans for Trainerize's future. They aren't perfect, but they continue to make leaps and bounds with their software. I've been with them since 2014, so I know they are continuously working hard to give us an amazing product.
ProsI've been with Trainerize since 2014. They've come along ways since the beginning. I have full faith that they will continue to improve their product.
ConsThere is no offline tracking. Last time I checked, I cannot make a customized (master) program via app. To use the software properly you HAVE to use BOTH a computer (desktop website) and the app. It's near impossible to use the desktop website on a tablet or phone.
Paul D.

“2 years on”

OverallThe software works well with my 1-2-1 clients week in week out. It adds accessibility to more/all budgets by permitting me to distribute satellite coaching services at my local gym. Moving forward I plan to start some more online coaching as well to enhance my business
ProsAfter 2 years, building workouts has become second nature. The flow of the phone app and the website work well together when programming individual clients as well as groups.
ConsThe only flaw in the app is a lack of a booking platform for clients to both book into boot camps/classes and being able to see my availability in app (I combat this to an extent with google calendar integrated into my trainerize website)
Tiffany J.
Hr Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2018

“Great for a start up Trainer”

OverallIt was great at the beginning until we grew, then the value of the software for our number of clients wasn't competitive enough with other solutions.
ProsTrainerize was great for us in the beginning with less volume of clients. It gave us the ability to upload our meal plans and build workouts. I love that it has workout videos and exercises loaded into the app for when you need some inspiration for new client workouts.
ConsIt was a bit outdated compared to other training apps I have seen. Only allowed for one meal plan upload at a time and was always in a document format. Would love to see this software integrate with a meal plan building software.
September 12, 2018
Kristi E.
Certified Personal Trainer
July 30, 2018

“Great product at a great price!”

ProsI live the ease of use. I studies other similar programs and found them too time consuming to learn. Trainerize makes it super easy. I like that you have the option to upgrade for more clients; thereby not having to invest more money when you may not have the clientele to support that investment. The help desk is awesome as well. I like the updates & improvements that Trainerize has published as well. The program is great for keeping track of your face-to-face clients in addition to clients you train online. Overall highly recommend!
ConsAny cons that I might have had in the beginning have been resolved with the addition tonaccwor payment through the program. The only recommendation I would make is the ability to make notes within a client's account.
July 30, 2018
Ryan T.
April 26, 2018

“Better with each upgrade. Clients really enjoy it. ”

ProsUpdated regularly and the ability to save workout templates. I also love that it is an easy to use app, it really makes my programming for clients both in-person and online much easier. I also like the ability to substitute movements on the spot for when it doesn't work out perfectly. Lastly I really like that I can go back and review the previous workouts to better adjust programming for each client.
ConsA little laggy with the app, especially with the Android phones. Wish there was a "fill all" button for straight sets. I also would like the ability to add notes within each exercise.
Ariana F.
April 18, 2017

“User-Friendly, Covers All the Bases”

OverallI've been using Trainerize for approximately 18 months now and I absolutely love it. The recent upgrades over the last year or so have really improved the user interface and I love all the features and functionalities. I tested out a few different types of training software before committing to Trainerize, and I found it was the most user-friendly from my clients' perspective, and it was great for me because I was able to keep everything in one place. I now use it for online coaching and in-person training, both in group and individual formats.
ProsEasy to use, love the video integration, new features always being added, ability for new clients to find me through Trainerize.me
ConsNothing I can think of, off the top of my head. Every now and then there's a situation where I wish Trainerize had a feature for, but eventually it gets added because they're great at listening to what their users need!
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend it!
Dave R.
Self-employed
August 27, 2019

“Trainerize Review”

OverallIt's pretty good. I've tried a few other online training apps and stuck with Trainerize. The others were missing features or didn't work well from a phone
ProsIt's easy to structure programs the way I want
ConsOutdated, confusing, interface, slow, needs an update
August 27, 2019
Amanda B.
Small Business Owner
February 3, 2019

“Trainerize is a good starter for trainers”

OverallTrainerize is a really great option to keep organized when working with multiple clients simultaneously. It's nice to be able to talk with them through the app.
ProsI love being able to graph my clients progress as they work towards their goals. The visualization really helps people that need constant verification of their progress. I also wish that the notes that the client writes in the individual workouts could be easier found overall versus having to track down that exact workout plan.
ConsThe software on the app is hard to design workouts, upload exercises or do anything other than talk to the clients through the messenger. There are many times I need full access while only having my cellphone, and it forces me to postpone my work until I have access to a computer.
February 3, 2019
Michelle B.
Banking, 1001-5000 employees

“Trainerize Review ”

OverallOverall very happy with it so far!
Pros-The Dashboard is a visual and interactive way to keep clients engaged and accountable. So far my clients have found the interaction on the app. Highly motivating -The ability to sync other applications such as My Fitness Pal and Evolution Nutrition -One place to view calendar, work out videos with instructions, progress, etc. in one place. -Personal Messàger within the app makes it easy to stay connected to clients -À simple add on service to existing in person clients who wish to do more training on there own
ConsThere have been some issues with My Fitness Pal Tracking- although known issue it was not syncing properly for some time. Also, there is no ability to see the finer macro and nutrition menu or food diary details within the app. -No ability for separate news feed to post articles or live videos for specific groups
Chris H.
Managing Director
February 1, 2019

“The best all round custom fitness app to date”

OverallCurrently all of our workouts are displayed on screens which doesn't give the client the ability to track and log their weight or progress. Introducing Trainerize now allows them to track their workouts, see the progress they're making, to see what's coming up over the next few weeks and, keep track of their food intake - all in all, a super app that adds a lot of value to our business and our members.
ProsCustom branded feature I like how you can add you're own Welcome video - a lovely touch The ability to remove the Trainerize exercises and add all of your own videos In app messaging between trainers and clients The ability to periodise workouts across a training phase The integration between MFP and the app, is a really nice touch and makes the overview of daily macros look attractive in an easy to view format, which clients love.
ConsI would like to have the ability to remove the Trainerize client dashboard video that comes up when someone logs in for the first time and can be found in settings. To have the ability to replace this with your own would be good. To be able to change the stock images for the cardio exercises as well as being able to track daily steps on the walking exercise rather than just distance/calories or time. To be able to assign two trainers to one client so trainers can share client responsibilty
Brie O.
Site Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2018

“Take your Fitness Biz Online”

OverallI've tried other online training platforms and keep coming back to Trainerize because it works well for the population I work with (general population).
ProsTrainerize give your everything you need to run a successful online fitness training business, from programming, to uploading your own content, to payments, to messaging features. Everything you need if in one place!
ConsI would love to see Trainerize add a built-in document signing feature for clients so that they can sign waivers and training agreements in the app as well. This is the only feature missing that I have to use an outside service for.
November 15, 2018
Michael F.
October 24, 2017

“Absolutely essential for my business”

OverallI built a new revenue stream for my business and made it so I can help more people
ProsHow trainerize is always improving and open to suggestions. I like how there is constant contact and always someone there to help and support.
ConsI would like to see it where when I write programs I can modify each program template easier and save with a new name. For example: Chest and Back Hypertrophy workout 1, altered and saved as Chest and Back Hypertrophy 2. I would also love to see it where I can set up emails to be sent out every "x" number of days apart to clients so I can systemize the communications with my clients slightly better.
Corissa G.
Fitness and Nutrtion Coach
January 24, 2019

“Perfect for remote clients and in studio clients”

OverallGreat! very helpful when I call and always willing to listen and share my ideas of how to make their software better for coaches.
ProsLove how I can add videos to every exercise so my clients know what and how to properly do the exercises. Also love that My Fitness Pal is connected and I can add in picture, measurements, and bodyfat. To keep track of all clients success.
ConsWhen I have an in studio client in a group program I cannot add any other workouts to their calendar. All group clients have one on one training also so it makes it hard to keep track of their one on one training.
January 24, 2019
Rhonda J.
Coach/owner
July 27, 2018

“How Trainerize helps me travel the world while still training clients with excellence”

OverallThis gives me a professional way to deliver programs and meal plans, messages everything all in one place. My experience has been great for me.
ProsI love that I can get notified every time a client checks in on the app for their workout. I Also love how they can message me during the workouts and I can answer questions while they are working out. It's like I am there with them. I also really like all of the charts and graphs to check progress.
ConsI would like to write group programs but still be able to customize for someone in the group inside of that workout plan.
Daniel J.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 24, 2016

“A value BOOST to us and out clients.”

OverallAn excellent tool for managing our personal training clients, and offering online personal training services with pre-made plans. Clients love the accountability and ease of contacting their trainer whenever they needs, workouts on app is great for our clients.
ProsData collection and ease of access though cloud. Client Accountability Progress Tracking of Clients
Consad-hoc use still difficult, tacking individual personal training sessions still not easily done.
Recommendations to other buyersThe industry selection in this form is mostly irreverent, don't think there will be many people using trainerize operating in the farming industry!!!! Maybe this should be more specific for your data collection, Personal Trainer, Gym Etc.
August 24, 2016
Ashley A.
Registered Dietitian, Personal Trainer

“Second income!”

OverallLess time, more attention to detail, able to touch more lives, LOVE this program!!
ProsI work about 50 hours a week at my in-person job and the trainerize program allows me to connect with more clients and bring in a second income without adding tons of hours to my week! I have been using Trainerize for three years now and will continue to use it with my clients as the company keeps improving the service!
ConsNot being able to open up client plans to use as a template for another client when I have archived the previous client.
Emma C.
April 26, 2018

“Great app for us and our patients ”

ProsThings just work. There's almost never a crash or problem. We tried a lot of software before Trainerize and this was the first that actually did everything it claimed.
ConsThere's limited function for CrossFit style workouts, which can be alleviated by inputting them as a single exercise - however, it would be great to have the ability o change the word reps in the input page to something else in this case. So for example when tracking a CrossFit workout you may be able to put in 2 tracking options (a la cardio), daily rounds and Time.
Ryan T.

“Best App on the Market”

OverallThe fact that they continue to listen to any feedback given to improve the app, and do frequent updates to make it better, keeps me a loyal follower of the software. Couldn't recommend it to trainers more.
ProsEase of use, both on the client and trainer side. Metrics are very useful and the ability to search out all videos on you tube is great. I have gotten so much great feedback over the last 3-4 years of use!
ConsSometimes gets a little "buggy" and slow, but over the last few months (since the last major update, has been working well.
Kimberly B.
Owner, Trainer
February 8, 2019

“Great Added Value to Training!”

OverallThis has been a wonderful resource for me and my clients to use. I've had clients move out of the area and continue to train with me online. I've had clients use Trainerize to do workouts on vacation or extended leave. A+
ProsA lot of improvement since I started using in 2015. User friendly, great selection of exercises or the option to add your own. Integration with Evolution Nutrition, FitBit, etc.
ConsI would love to be able to add a photo to the exercise description if a video isn't added. If there's a way to do this, I'm not aware of it.