DaySchool Ratings

Overall

About DaySchool

DaySchool, designed for the mid-size to smaller independent school, is a secure, web-based school administration management system that centralizes data for admissions, development, classrooms and communications. Securely interface with your website to accept online inquiries, applications, camp registrations, payments and contact updates. Ease of use, affordability, and unparalleled customer service are our hallmarks. Learn more about DaySchool

Deanna D.
Director of Development
July 27, 2016

“Great product, Excellent customer service”

OverallI have used many different kinds of software in my life and I have never experienced one that has been as useful and easy to use as Dayschool. From the data conversion to customizable user fields, this software has many features more expensive systems lack. But the best part of the package is the team behind it-- responsive, caring, thoughtful, and imaginative people who care about the clients first. I have made suggestions over the years that have been implemented which feels great to know I am part of the evolution of this software. I wish there were more stars to give for customer service.
ProsEase of use, logical layout, the ability of multiple people to work on it at the same time, the reports are extremely customizable and fast. I love being able to configure the donor names and I especially love being able to add fields that are relevant to my organization.
ConsI wish they had an event tracking module. It could be just like the volunteer module except to capture event attendance. It would be good to have something better to capture notes than just one field on the development tab.
Recommendations to other buyersI think that this software is great for any size school. It covers a range of data and is very intuitive. We don't use the web connector, but from what I understand, it is getting more robust and integrates with most web site services. You will never get better customer service than from the Snowman team! Yay Leslie!

By Snowman Software on January 3, 2017
Deanna, You have been a great client and we have really appreciated your suggestions over the years as we continually strive to make sure our schools have what they need at their fingertips! That Event Module is on our list, and you will see some of the other enhancements we've discussed when our new Version 9.0 comes out later this year!
Debbie S.
Director of Admissions
11-50 employees
December 1, 2016

“Best Small School Software!”

OverallFrom day one, Snowman Software has been so easy to work with. The customer service is top notch. Calls back are always within 15 minutes of your email or call. The hands-on conferences are very well done...and are helpful to both new clients as well as ones like me who have had the software for a number of years. I love how they are always looking to update the software from suggestions from their customers. I would highly recommend it to anyone!
ProsEase of use...great customer service!
ConsNone that I can think of...and I've been using the software for a number of years.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you don't have it and are looking for a program...please take a look at it!

By Snowman Software on January 3, 2017
Debbie, It's been great working with you over the years - your suggestions have helped us to add the functionality that our schools want and need. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about our software!
Erin P.
Director of Admission
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 27, 2016

“The best system for a small school like us to manage our families, enrollment and donor giving”

OverallI use Dayschool and the Admission and Development modules all day. I find the updates and training opportunties (webinars, etc) very useful and timely.
ProsCustomer Service is top-notch. The response time and solutions provide more than what I originally sought.
ConsSometimes I encounter limitations between enrollment data and admission data. In some reports, I can track and filter by date, and others I cannot....but wish I could.
Recommendations to other buyersThe partnership has been great....thank you Snowman Software and Dayschool.

By Snowman Software on January 3, 2017
Erin, Thanks for taking the time to let others know about our software - we love working with Oak Meadow and your team. Contact us when you have time so that we can discuss the limitations you mention - there may be a way to pull exactly what you need! And if not, we'd love to get the specifics to put on our ToDoList.
Anne M.
Administrator
April 27, 2017

“Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork Loves DaySchool! ”

OverallDaySchool is an affordable and high functioning database solution for small schools. I am beyond grateful for it's efficiency and ease of use. After researching many database options, we are grateful to have ended up with DaySchool.
ProsSimple, easy.
ConsRemote Desktop Connection. Not able to add gifts straight to constituent record.

By Snowman Software on April 27, 2017
Anne, we are so glad you are enjoying using DaySchool and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. To clarify about adding gifts "straight to records" - gifts are easily added directly to constituent records manually; but currently they are not brought directly into the database through the school website.
April 27, 2017
Erik S.
November 10, 2016

“Great fit for preschools”

OverallThe customer support is truly Snowman's calling card. I have never had a bad experience speaking with our support representative. The interface of DaySchool is easy to learn and use, reliable, and a great fit for smaller schools like preschools or daycare. Although enhancement requests can often take a while to be implemented, Snowman is always transparent about the possibility and timeline of them happening. I would highly recommend DaySchool to any school when considering the wide variety of database options that are out there.
Prosease of use, customer support, reporting
Consdelays in enhancement request implementations

By Snowman Software on January 3, 2017
Erik, We love working with Cambridge-Ellis and appreciate you taking the time to let others know about our software. With our next major release later in 2017 being fully web-based, we will have the ability to more quickly implement enhancements that clients like you request!
November 10, 2016
Shanie N.
Director of Advancement

“Greenspring Montessori”

OverallWe started using DaySchool less than a year ago. The support is AMAZING! When Leslie sees that I am calling when she is on another call or otherwise busy, she calls back - I don't even need to leave a message. The personal touch and care are so very impressive and so appreciated - especially when it is hard to speak with a human being. I feel like the support team really wants to help. The software itself seems to be perfect for the size of our school and meets the needs of our Development office. I know there is more that it can do ... still learning! Thank you, everyone, at Snowman Software!!
ProsIt is not more than I need - not too big, not too small, just right!
ConsI wish the admissions piece was a bit more advanced so we could have considered using it as well.

By Snowman Software on January 3, 2017
Shanie, I love working with you and am glad that you are getting everything you need from our software! We are working hard on adding your desired functionality to our Admissions piece in our next major upgrade - so that your prospects will be able to track where they are in the process and your families will be able to complete the registration process - all online!
Joseph O.
Finance & Admin Assistant
April 11, 2018

“DaySchool is an all under-one roof solutions provider to any institution's administrative functions.”

OverallDaySchool gives the user an opportunity to customize reports based on their own needs. I am fascinated by the ease with which one can communicate using the software. The ability to personalize emails, letters and other correspondences makes communication very effective.
ProsI like the well organized process work flow and the online support that is readily available offering immediate response during the normal business hours
ConsThe cost of acquisition may prove a hurdle to any struggling medium sized institution that may want to use this software. This software may fail at times leading to data lag.
April 11, 2018
Cesar B.
Analista de sistema
February 15, 2018

“Excellent tool used in the school where my son attends ”

Prosit is a quite complete software, it helps in all school aspects, enrollment, attendance, reports by students, detailed and explicit, the school made a good investment in the acquisition of this software, the versatility and friendliness that it has to attract the attention of the users is very complete.
ConsWhat I like the most is that as a representative he has a panel to verify the progress of the students and a module dedicated only to the committee of representatives.
February 15, 2018
Nicole L.
September 30, 2016

“Perfect for you small to Medium sized School”

OverallWe have had an extremely positive experience with Dayschool. The customer service is superb and the database works pretty intuitively but you can customize it to your tastes. Our school has steadily grown over the past several years and we find ourselves still unlocking benefits from the database. I can't recommend them enough, and in fact, I have.

By Snowman Software on January 3, 2017
Nicole, Greene Towne Montessori is gem of a school, and we have enjoyed working with you to make sure you get what you need from your administrative software. Let us know anytime you want to dive deeper into the functionality!
September 30, 2016
Cambridge-Ellis S.
December 1, 2016

“great option for preschools”

OverallDaySchool is a great option for those looking for an admissions database for a small school. Customer support is very good, always polite and eager to help. Highly recommend for preschools/daycares! Great job, Snowman!