Powtoon Ratings

Overall

About Powtoon

Get ready to wake up your audience and keep them engaged! Powtoon is an awesome video and presentation creation platform that empowers anyone to create professional-looking videos and presentations in minutes! No design or technical skills are necessary, just simply drag n¿ drop to easily customize any templates. In one click: add backgrounds, swap animated characters, insert video, images, a logo, and post your message. Done! Use Powtoon to pitch your product or service. Learn more about Powtoon

Randy Y.
Senior Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
August 27, 2019

“Great Features and Easy to Use”

OverallOverall, I am satisfied with this tool. It has some minor issues, but none of those issues are deal breakers for me.
ProsEasy to Start: It only takes me ~20 min to gain basic proficiency and ~60 min to gain advanced proficiency. Time-Saving Templates: It has several templates ready to be used, which saves time. Beautiful built-in assets: Animated avatars, objects, short videos, graphics, audios, etc. Basically anything you could possibly want in a multimedia product--PowToon has it already built-in. Ease of Future Maintenance/Update: The way Powtoon's interface is designed allows for ease of future edits. You can easily swap in/out vectors/audio/texts if your video ever needs an update in the future.
ConsMinor Glitch: Sometimes, objects (vectors, geometric shapes) would move to the wrong place by mouse drags. This is more of a minor nuisance than a real problem. Lack of Audio Editing Feature: It has very little audio-editing capability. Because it has a built-in voice-over recording feature, this feature would be more useful if audio editing ability can be available.
Patti S.
SAP Trainer and End User Support Specialist
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees
January 24, 2017

“Fun and easy to use”

OverallI am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views. I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.
ProsEasy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.
ConsIt is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap. I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times. When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.
Recommendations to other buyersContact the support team with questions. Works best with Chrome so install that before you use PowToon for the first time to avoid frustration. Don't be afraid to change the type entrance and exit for objects. They are just a suggestions.
January 24, 2017
Jefry N.
Electronic Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
June 20, 2019

“Easy Presentations”

OverallFrom my experience with the program I can say that I have not had greater difficulties than to find myself a little disoriented at first, but thanks to its easy use and interactivity, I can learn at once and I can create my video. I would say that I would have difficulty uploading or sharing the video, because there are not enough options or the ones I want are blocked and I must pay. It would be good if the tool would allow you to share those videos over Whatsapp for free.
ProsIt is a simple and easy to use program. The presentations have many details and customization, being a very good point because it allows creating multiple videos and they do not look alike. It offers free and paid tools, also offers different ways to export or publish it; it is good the point and manages to make known the tool and the jobs and that many people can use it, either by paying or for free.
ConsThe program looks very limited at times because they don't have other tools to change the style of their videos with respect to the format, that is, it follows established parameters and does not allow recording videos to be uploaded and edited with the tools already available, but it limits itself to that format already established and in a certain way causes the authors of the videos to be somewhat limited in the subject of creativity.
June 20, 2019
January 16, 2018

“My favorite presentation software”

OverallWe make a lot of marketing videos, and this software makes it very easy to throw together a high-quality presentation very quickly, saving time and money in design work.
ProsThis is my go-to presentation creation software, far better than Power-Point slides. It is clear they are constantly improving their platform with new features and updates appearing regularly in the system, and I've watched over the years how the platform has continued to improve. I've not been able to find anything comparable in price and features on the market.
ConsOccasionally there is a delay in the uploading of content, likely processing time for information to communicate between servers. Also, I wish there were an improvement on the way to render/download a mp4 file. Currently it renders it on the server and sends an email to download. I wish there were just a simple render/download button available on the program.
January 16, 2018
Mich M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
October 15, 2019

“Powtoons is Amazing”

OverallI have created dozens of videos for internal comms, advertising, recruiting and training. It has made my life so easy and with great reward and outcome.
ProsThis is a super simple app to create fun and vibrant communications pieces either with cartoons or video.
ConsI think customer service could be much better. I don't think I've ever gotten ahold of a live person.
October 15, 2019
Binyamin K.
Farmer
Farming, Self-employed
February 10, 2019

“Expected A Lot But Disappointed ”

OverallIf you are somebody who is moderately gifted/skillful in animation or you are committed to the learning curve demanded of Powtoon it is a great, and I could see it as being a really fun, animation marketing platform.
ProsUsing Powtoon a marketer can, at an affordable price, tell the story behind their company and their product in such a way that it comes alive and captivates the viewer. The animation becomes real and pulls the viewer in. It is a well constructed and professional tool. Besides conveying a story in a powerful way, Powtoon also imparts a feeling of professionalism. It shows the viewer that you as a company, as a product creator, cares and takes pride in that which you wish to sell/impart. It sends of message of creativity and above-and-beyond pride in your product.
ConsAlthough I will be the first to admit that I am not tech savvy, nevertheless there are many products on the market that are made for people like myself, so much so that people are often amazed at how much tech I'm able to navigate with so little aptitude. However, Powtoon was not one of them. When I first discovered Powtoon I was excited, when I first logged-in to Powtoon I was revved up to start creating. From the get-go it was as if I was trying to climb a very tall and vertical wall. It was more than a bit frustrating, especially given that Powtoon was touted as an easy to use creation platform. If I had been heavily invested in learning to use Powtoon I'm sure I could have, but it clearly was going to take more than a day or two of serious learning. A learning curve I was not interested in pursuing.
February 10, 2019
Deepika S.
Graphic Designer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
December 9, 2018

“Great to use”

ProsBeing a graphic designer, I use this for animated videos & presentations almost everyday. powtoon has so many templates & animation effects which make it very useful to make quick videos. I love this software because it has a clean interface. Colors & design are very user friendly . I would recommend this product to everyone who wants to make animated videos & presentations.
ConsThe hardest part of this product is it sometimes takes way too much time to upload images & add videos to timeline. This is a heavy product, which hangs alot, that makes it very irritating at times. One thing I want in this product is options to arrange the saved files in folders or as we want because the minus point is when we mistakenly open a file it comes to number one which bothers the order of the files & makes it difficult to keep a check.
December 9, 2018
Online Media, Self-employed
October 14, 2018

“Making presentations fun”

OverallI used Powtoon for many school presentations where the assignment was to make ad campaigns or short promos. Yes, Powtoon can make a presentation exciting enough to look like a commercial. I LOVE this software. It's so usable and full of many features. It is handy for so many purposes and will certainly do the trick if you're not interested in researching clunkier software with a bigger learning curve.
ProsHaving photos and icons that can move and appear on a timer is my favorite thing about Powtoon. This simple feature allows me to make my presentations way more interactive and entertaining. Searching or uploading images is super easy and Powtoon has a great database of basic graphics. Adding music is also incredibly easy to do.
ConsPowtoon is not the place for detailed voiceovers. There's really only an option to add one single audio file and when you're working with many different slides, that can get pretty complicated. The big "Powtoon" logo in the bottom corner of the presentation also totally takes away from a professional look.
October 14, 2018
ulises m.
Personal de apoyo
June 27, 2018

“Animated, creative and unique videos to develop your ideas”

OverallAn educator should always be preparing and never stop studying or preparing. That is why whenever I can take a course I do it in this case it was an elearning course and I was presented with this tool and from that moment on every occasion I can use it I develop my videos through it.
ProsThis tool is great since the environment is very friendly which allows us to devote to the development of the video without worrying about technical difficulties, as well as the possibility of inserting characters, templates and emoticons that allow us to draw the attention of the viewer by remembering that from time to time the viewer loses attention is why we have to find that in that moment that loses attention is also part of our explanation.
ConsThis tool has incredible potential to come to shape the ideas in unique and wonderful ways because in addition to having a large repertoire for the help of the video developer has the ability to add all that audiovisual element that we consider the only difficulty is that it is dependent of the Internet and without it you can not work but that reason does not detract from its great potential
June 27, 2018
August 1, 2019

“Quick and dirty explainer in an afternoon”

ProsMy assistant was able to make some pretty cool videos very quickly, despite limited technical experience with video creation. The tool presents a variety of diverse characters with stock animations for different moods or actions (e.g., explaining, gesturing angrily, looking bored). The audio recording tool allows you to retry if you're unhappy with a take, and was reasonably painless to use. The animations were simple to string together but more visually interesting than what you can produce in PowerPoint. We created a lesson plan for instructors to use where the learners responded using PowToon projects, and these were a hit. It gives them an alternative way to communicate their ideas and again, is quite easy to use.
ConsWe were not using the pro version of the tool, so we were limited in access to characters, scenes and icons. That said, the free version provided a very smooth experience. If you do not upgrade, there will be a PowToon logo and music appended to your video, and some animations will have limited customizability (e.g., a character animation may loop ad nauseum). It is also easy for a junior designer to get caught up in the capabilities of the tool and lose focus on the quality and structure of the content. It's easy to add too much irrelevant on-screen animation and so detract from your message.
August 1, 2019
Linda B.
Executive Director/Food Safety Consultant
February 28, 2018

“I've been using Powtoon since it was in BETA. I use for both my business and the classroom ”

OverallPowtoon gave me the ability to create engaging content for my students. I've used it to create lessons in both a brick and mortar classroom as well as for online curriculum. I also use it for content on my Youtube channel.
ProsA variety of pre-built templates to use or edit. The business version has the most options for characters. It's very easy to do voiceover and export the final product.
ConsThe collaboration function doesn't work properly. This feature is still in BETA, but I'd like to use it like you can collaborate on a Google Slides. Sometimes updates don't save. I'd be sure to click SAVE every time you make a major change, or at least each slide you create.

By Powtoon on March 1, 2018
Linda, thank you for the great review, We are making strides towards upgrading the collaboration feature into something very similar to google docs. In fact we are working on a whole new way to work in teams, share brand assets and powtoons, and work together on the same Powtoon. Stay tuned
February 28, 2018
Restaurants, 5001-10,000 employees
November 12, 2018

“Once you get the hang of it! ”

ProsThe resources are constantly evolving - it's like i have a new bag of tricks every time I go to design with it. New layouts, fonts, images, etc. make everything really fun to use and fun for my clients to engage with. It is an easy way to inexpensively produce microlearning - added bonus that its visible without an LMS and can be used on the go. If you are experienced in Adobe Captivate, this design format would be very similar to the layers found in eLearning design - only in video layout.
ConsI dont like the levels of access they make available. If you pay for it, you should have access to everything. Or, if it's not available for my level, dont put it in my design resources toolbox. I use something in a project only to learn that it's not available to me unless i go "pro".
November 12, 2018
Ana h.
professor
June 20, 2018

“I love how the presentations are, although it is not as fast to learn how to use it as I expected.”

Overallwhat most took advantage of this application was the use of storyboard because I did not have much knowledge in making animations of this type.
Pros- It has very nice templates and the icons, images and shapes look very modern. - I can use it for free, with some limitations of course. - the elements on the screen are very well organized and have guidelines to correctly place what you want to show. - allows you to share presentations or videos through popular social networks and download them in various formats depending on the type of account, for free accounts you can download it in ppt or pdf format. - It has good tutorials to learn how to use the application and the help center is good. - It allows to choose between several styles of presentations such as: real, infographics, cartoon, whiteboard and modern edge. - The storyboard function is quite useful and practical since it adapts to the type of person who will make the presentation and guides you throughout the process.
Cons- In spite of the tutorials and help it is not so easy to use it the first time, you have to dedicate a considerable time in learning how to make animations, if you are looking for something to make animated videos quickly this application or is for you. - the free account only allows videos or presentations with a maximum duration of 3 minutes and pro and agency accounts are quite expensive. - he does not have options of collaboration with other people for the edition.
June 20, 2018
Barbara S.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2019

“its so easy, and ist's fun! Best video animation software for beginners (& pros)”

OverallIt's hatd to get attention these days! Powtoon is a perfect tool for smaller and medium companies to create social media content or explainer videos without spending too much time and money.
Prosthe variety on styles, the designs, the humour and inspiration they spread!
ConsProbably that the organisation of the projects is still a bit rudimentary, but there are so many positive aspects, it does'nt really affect the overall positive view.
March 9, 2019
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
August 4, 2018

“Fun way to create presentations that really grab people's attention”

ProsWe all think it's a really a fun and simple way to create professional-looking videos and infographics even for people without any design or technical background. If you're familiar with PowerPoint, then it's really easy to learn Powtoon but the result is something with a little more oomph.The presentations look very interesting and engaging with lots of nice options for backgrounds and animation. There are also pre-made templates available which look really appealing and are highly customizable. There are plenty of tutorials available on the site and they break it down into bite-sized pieces. I also love the fact that I can chat directly with their customer support for help whenever a question or issue comes up.
ConsIt doesn't allow for highly collaborative work just yet, but I am certainly hoping that this is something they are working on. I think that will streamline work for many people especially in terms of those who are working remotely but want to contribute to creating a presentation.
August 4, 2018
February 7, 2018

“A new, creative way to do aid presentations”

OverallGreat for aiding presentations
ProsPowToon is a great software that one can use to create attractive, creative presentations using cartoon characters. The animations are fun and interesting and the great transitions make it more fun to watch and keeps your audience engaged, A major plus is that the character set is diverse and there are a lot to choose from. There is also lot of support and tutorials online for users to learn from.
ConsLovely software, but one of the cons that I encountered was that when my projects got too large, its seems to use a lot of CPU power because my computer lags. Another con, for those user who love freebies, the free version has a lot of restrictions.
February 7, 2018
Alicia T.
Outreach
Education Management, 201-500 employees
September 16, 2019

“Used a handful of times”

OverallI have only used this system a few times here and there as an aid to presentations. I have seen many others who seem more skilled with the system and always enjoy the videos.
ProsThere are many options to customize videos and add your own creative touches. I like that there is a free version (which is all I have) and doesn't require a long term subscription. I like that it is more creative than your basic presenting software and can communicate stories in an engaging way. It works well for pre-college and college-aged individuals.
ConsThree free version does have some big limitations. You will not be able to use all the different character types or backgrounds. It is a bit difficult to learn at first if you want to do more than the basics. The videos are typically short.
September 16, 2019
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 employees
October 31, 2018

“Animations Made Easy”

OverallOverall, a great addition to the education tech toolbox. Helps turn more basic presentations into something more engaging and interactive. Really supplements traditional presentations.
ProsPowtoon just seems like one of those apps that was made with education in mind. Students enjoy spending time showing what they know through a more interactive and engaging medium. I know I appreciate its simplicity. This speak volumes in education. The templates come in handy and help you guide your creation/video automated actions/figures/characters.
ConsThere isn't a lot to choose from, which I guess makes sense given its simplicity. I just often find students looking for a tad more that they can do. Not to mention there isn't much you can customize as well. A lot is pre-fab.
October 31, 2018
Jen C.
Education Management, Self-employed
March 27, 2018

“Fantastic - has helped me connect with customers in an awesome format!”

OverallCreate products that I can sell that are really fun to create!
ProsMy customers are school parents and the cartoon options really grab their attention. I love telling stories through pictures and find it so much easier to put a presentation together on powtoon than any other presentation tool I've used or to write long text.
ConsIt's at the top of my budget limit. But the features are all fantastic and they keep rolling out new ones (like square format and mobile optimized) that help me expand my product offerings.
March 27, 2018
Hanaa I.
Associate Video Creation
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 29, 2019

“The best video creating software for beginner!”

OverallIt is one of the best investments we have made. It is very convenient and a good platform to training as well.
ProsVery convenient and easy to use. The features help us put our creativity into action with little effort. From explainer to animation, you have pre-set templates you can use. There is an array of music to choose from too. You can put together a decent video within a couple of hours.
ConsRendering for larger videos take a very long time, but it is quite usual in most platforms.
Reshma A.
Regional Organizational Development and Culture Specialist
February 23, 2018

“FANTASTIC!”

OverallWe are able to better communicate about our change process with our teams throughout the world, and that in turn has helped us move forward!
ProsEverything! I love all the features and have used it extensively for work. Other parts of our global organization are starting to use it too. I started the trend - and now even our Headquarters in Atlanta are using it!
ConsWould love more culturally appropriate characters - and also the hands that are featured in the 'whiteboard' piece - can we have options to make them not only Caucasian?

By Powtoon on March 1, 2018
Thank you Reshma for your kind review. We have put a lot of emphasis in the last couple of months on character diversity, and in fact in the next few weeks you will see a great improvement on that front with dozens of new characters added.
February 23, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
July 29, 2019

“Powtoon has made animation possible for everyday video needs.”

OverallI have been able to add some video animation that I didn't possess prior to using Powtoon which has helped me create a higher level of video production results at a reasonable cost.
ProsI like that I can easily produce animated videos for myself and clients without technically being a "video animator" on more complex software. Oftentimes, I only need a portion of a video to be animated or need a clip of animated typography, which I can now easily accomplish on Powtoon to later insert into my overall video creation.
ConsThere are some fine-tune controls that are lacking in the software, like setting timing in less than one-second increments.
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
March 6, 2019

“Quickly Create Pretty Videos!”

ProsAside from the obvious reason that PowToon is FREE, I also like that you can create a professional-looking video without all of the headache of learning an in-depth software program. PowToon has several templates to choose from and you can just edit your information/content into the project easily.
ConsIt's a little annoying that you cannot sort through the templates (free vs. paid) and can only see ALL. You think you like a template and it turns out to be a paid upgrade. If you use PowToon enough, you will start to notice other videos/users that use PowToon and that kind of dilutes the quality. You start to see the same recycled template over and over.
March 6, 2019
Mindy K.
English Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2019

“A fun way to get students engaged”

OverallI have had my students use PowToons to create a visual representation of text. I have also had them use it as a visual aid for a speech. In both situations, it was very entertaining. The students were engaged completing the assignment and their classmates were engaged when watching their peers present.
ProsI love anything that will grab my students' attention. I especially love it when it's something I can have them use to capture the attention of their classmates. I really like that this is flashy and doesn't require coding or graphic design knowledge to make a fun and professional presentation.
ConsIt's hard to explain to students that they can't use everything they can see. I completely understand that a company would want people to see what they could have for a price, but it's frustrating for students to see all of these really cool features and not be able to touch them.
January 17, 2019
Adel K.
Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
January 9, 2019

“Worth the investment, just a couple of functions needed”

OverallI've been using Powtoon business since 2015, very satisfied with the product except for the mentioned cons above. Anyone with a basic knowledge about video editing can use it, the platform is straight forward, pick an animation template, and start editing it or create your own from scratch.
Pros-If you are used to any video software, Powtoon will be easy for you to use. -A good library of scenes, props, sounds, text, sounds, shapes images... -Export rendering time takes a couple of minutes. -Good support: I just used it twice but the answers were fast and clear. -Good pricing.
Cons-No sound time line: if we insert a sound/music it plays on all the animation! -The animation templates library is not often updated. -The whole platform can be better: here, I'am talking about the navigation between the sections of the sites, for exemple, even as a paid member and connected to the account, I still see the pricing table and the front page etc, a bit confusing at first, but that's not a big deal.
January 9, 2019
Education Management, 11-50 employees
April 12, 2019

“Use Powtoons to create engaging videos”

OverallI learned about this program in grad school and I am thankful for it. I have been able to create videos and continue to use them for the past few years. Highly recommend
ProsAs an educator, I am constantly trying to engage parents and I often use Powtoons as a way to communicate with them. I have used this program to create videos on introducing them to stress management techniques, how to register for classes, and so much more. These videos are short and engaging for them.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve when using Powtoons; however, once you get use to it- it's very user friendly!
April 12, 2019
Jessica B.
November 5, 2018

“Fantastic Support”

ProsIt is really easy to use! I can use it for anything: in my work, in my personal life ...
ConsI love this software! There is nothing I would change about this software!
November 5, 2018
Avishay "Jesse" S.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2018

“Very nice tool for creating videos, especially promos for new products or services you market.”

OverallA very nice product, especially if you have no idea how to create an animated video, which is a very big thing today. Some of the free features don't cut it, but overall - a very good option to choose for your marketing endeavors.
ProsYou can create very engaging videos, with high CTR and nice music to them, a really top-notch experience come to think of it. I used it more than once to produce promo videos with a CTA attached for people to click and go straight to a landing page.
ConsMany aspects of the platform need to be paid for; for example, the "created with Powtoon" thing, which really takes away from the experience. Canva, which is a creation tool, much like Powtoon, offers many aspects without paying for them. Most people don't even know you used Canva, and the Freemium thing is only for premium icons, backgrounds, etc. or for transparency or re-editable PDF.
May 24, 2018
Julia M.
Training and Development Specialist
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“This is the one!”

OveralleLearning Design, custom course production, explainer videos
ProsIf you are looking for a program to help you build quick, easy, powerful instructional videos - this is it! Look no further.
ConsI loved all of it. We used Vyond before and were limited to animated characters and scenes. Here you can have actual videos and pictures of non-cartoons.
September 30, 2019
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
December 26, 2018

“Sassiest animation tool to add zing to your presentations”

OverallI first started using Powtoons to add animations to my presentations for university projects. With the tool still being pretty new at that time, I had a lot of fellow students asking for the link to it. More recently I have been using Powtoons to create audio guided videos as help-videos for my clients with some light animations. It has worked wonders in capturing audience attention without the intricacies of some of the other tools available like Adobe. I would recommend it to students as well as professionals to add some edge to their presentations.
ProsPowtoons is the easiest online software I could find that helps create professional animated videos to add to my presentations (both for university and for work) without the need for me to take an animation course. The fact that it is free and comes with templates helps too :) The canvas is very intuitive to use with drag and drop functionality.
ConsThese are absolutely no shortcomings of the software
December 26, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
May 20, 2018

“Enjoyable to where I purchased a subscription. :)”

OverallIf you subscribe to the Powtoons you get better animation and you can set up classes so a student does not need to create accounts.
ProsPowtoons has a number of professional templates available which makes it easy to start a video project. The program allows you to include your own graphic elements. The program is also similar to PowerPoint as it provides slides so it is easy to use if you know PowerPoint.
ConsThe collaboration option is currently in beta. There is a delay in sharing. Additionally, customization of using a template is time-consuming. It is recommended to storyboard out the video prior. Additionally, you have to upgrade to get the quality animation features.
May 20, 2018
Sadie R.
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
February 13, 2019

“Powtoon Review ”

OverallI have used Powtoons for my professional life to create how to videos and instructional or educational information. It is really easy to use and engaging for people to follow along for a few minutes.
ProsPowtoon's is a great software for creating free videos for instructional or educational purposes. There are other paid options, but for basic needs, the free version is great! They have templates and icons and music and more that is easy to plug and play! They also have a ton of free resources and webinars to help with development.
ConsIt can be a little time consuming in the beginning to set up the look and feel of your videos, but with time it becomes easier. Otherwise, it is very intuitive.
February 13, 2019
Adiaha F.
physician
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
December 27, 2018

“Love PowToon”

OverallI use PowToon to create engaging educational videos for medical education (I'm a physician and professor at a medical school), church (I teach 5th grade Bible class) and community events (I made "This is Your Life" videos for birthday parties and funeral tribues).
ProsI've been using PowToon since 2014 and have done so in many settings--professional, church, community, etc. Every video I've made has been top quality. I appreciate the racial diversity of the cartoon characters. . Fantastic product and my gold standard for white board animation.
ConsMy one request (which I've made for years) is that the hands also have complexion diversity. I wish the hand that can write words and move pictures in and out came in different complexions. We only have a white hand as an option. Please ask some brown and black options.
December 27, 2018
October 28, 2018

“Use for promotion and training material”

OverallIf you need to create a lot in little time with high quality results, this is a great tool!
ProsBest things about Powtoon are: Super easy to work with, easy to learn Great formats you can use to work in Many opportunities to combine different techniques (audio, video, pictures, icons, storytelling) The ability to adapt anything in the timeline the way you want (overlap, animate, enter and exit settings) Able do download into film, so you can combine it with material made in other tools It is fast, no issues with waiting long to save the work
ConsMaybe one thing I would like to be added is to be able to save powtoons online in folders and be able to change the order of powtoons displayed in the "my powtoons" page.
October 28, 2018
Meiby P.
DOCENTE
January 24, 2018

“Use it to impact employees in your training”

OverallThe best way to quickly make an entertaining video for our training and human resources department. With powtoon we can generate motivating videos to improve learning indices
ProsThe best feature of the software is its easy to use, it is very intuitive since from the hundreds of screens they have, any person not vato or expert can create wonderful video animations in a few seconds. It also lets you import real videos to be complemented and animated. Our employees have liked the use we give in the instructions of each lesson or course.
Consthe only disadvantage is that we always depend on an internet connection for their use could take a version desktop under user license. So that in the moments that we are without internet we can still use the great animation software
January 24, 2018
January 20, 2018

“Easy way to make engaging presentation”

OverallThis has completely changed the boring power point - our presentations are now fun.
ProsThis beats powerpoint by far! We can create fun, engaging presentations for students, work presentations, etc with templates or from scratch, but Powtoon always has enough fun assets to make it playful and engaging.
ConsIt would be nice if you could download the presentation files directly instead of waiting for it to process and send a download link to your email.
January 20, 2018
August 27, 2019

“This is great to build a scenario for eLearning”

OverallI've used it in 3-4 projects to show a scenario of a conversation and to teach problem solving.
ProsThe fact that this free to build a 1 minute illustrated scenario is amazing. Even if you are using it to create a Minimally Viable Candidate to test the scenario in learning. Powtoon makes it incredibly simple to drag in characters and add text to audio.
ConsThe enterprise plan for pricing scared my clients away but you can see how powerful this software is when you realize how much time and MONEY it saves a professional illustrator / animator (that's 2 people in some departments)
Valamere M.
Instructional Technology Consultant
July 29, 2019

“Upgrade Your Presentation with Powtoon”

OverallI have just started using Powtoon to create microlearning videos for e-learning clients. Also, I discovered that I can easily upload my Powtoon videos to different platforms, such as YouTube, social media outlets, Kaltura, with ease.
ProsPowtoon is easy to use and does not require any expertise. This software provides templates and an interface that can be customized with images, voice-overs and videos. Since I create training content, Powtoon has an array of training and explainer video templates to choose from.
ConsPowtoon's plan and pricing is expensive and does not offer a per user discount. Also, the editing tools are limited. For example, there is no perimeter or tool to align or center images or text when editing video slides.
Ayesha A.
Substitute Teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 26, 2019

“Power Up with Powtoon”

ProsWhat I liked most about this software is that it allows users to create engaging explainer videos and presentations. Powtoon includes a variety of assets, such as visuals and cartoon characters, to enhance one's presentations that positively impact viewers.
ConsWhat I liked least about Powtoon is that advanced features, such as elegant presentation templates, are available with premium subscriptions.
July 26, 2019
Bryan R.
Car Salesman
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2018

“Unique Presentation Experience”

ProsPowtoon adds a unique presentation experience that your clientele might not otherwise see. There is a free version to try with Powtoon that offers insight into what it is capable of doing. They have their own characters and images to add and you are able to add your own images and voice-overs, too.
ConsThere isn't as much customization that other types of presentation software offers.
August 29, 2018
Events Services, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2018

“Great product (even free version), but slightly frustrating for any with experience video editing”

OverallA nice cartoon explainer video, that I could create with no programming knowledge.
ProsI only used the free version of this software, but it was simple to use, gave lots of robust cartoon options, and was quick to get started. And, unlike a lot of other "cartoon" services out there - these ones actually look professional and interesting. Lots of music options, and styles - along with themes that make the design process flow fairly smoothly.
ConsMy biggest con with PowToons was that it was rigid in the ability to edit/customize music to be in sync with the cartoon. If you are used to editing on a FinalCut, this software may drive you a little crazy. The drag and drop options are nice, but also limit in the preciseness you can achieve.
June 25, 2018
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
September 25, 2019

“Absolutely worth springing for a paid subscription”

OverallPowtoon made our online content more fun and accessible than just text. Video really does improve engagement with students and we've had good success (based on the number of views of our Powtoon videos) with converting text-based instructions and tutorials to Powtoons.
ProsHuge amount of templates that you can customize to your needs. Really impressed by the quality and range of different templates, characters, backgrounds, sound effects, etc. Absolutely worth paying for a premium subscription!
ConsThe basic templates can get you up and running quickly, but if you need to do any heavy customization it can be a bit cumbersome and eat up your time. Best to stick to a good template and not customize it too much.
September 25, 2019
Phil S.
Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“The easy way to do animated videos. No experience necessary”

OverallIt has been a great experience. I can create animated explainer videos in very little time that look very professional.
ProsPowtoon is easy to use. I was able to set up an account and within 4 hours have an explainer video with a professional voice-over.
ConsThe initial versions were slow. That has been remedied in the latest versions. Sometimes if you forget to save you have a chance of losing your work.
September 24, 2019
John N.
Marketing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
June 26, 2019

“Amazing Product, So Much Value ”

OverallMarketing
ProsThere are so many options and stock footage. Customer service is extraordinary.
ConsNothing. This software exceeds my expectations.
June 26, 2019
Natalie B.
Owner CEO
April 24, 2019

“Cartoon Your Explainer Video”

OverallSuper easy to use. Great video quality. Multiple choices and options for your videos.
ProsPowtoon is a super fun software to create explainer videos and promotional videos for your business. There are tons of options for videos and you can add in music, and so much more.
ConsHonestly, this software is super fun and there really isn't anything I don't like about it.
April 24, 2019
Maxwell R.
Worker
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
August 17, 2018

“Presentations at the Next Level!”

OverallA great alternative to having a creative presentation.
ProsPowtoon has a lot of great features to offer. You are able to customize your Powtoons by using your own voice-over. They also have a lot of already pre-made "items" to add into your Powtoons if you are being rushed for time.
ConsThey are time consuming to make if you want it to look good.
August 17, 2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
October 8, 2019

“Cool Video Ad Creator ”

OverallOverall, this site is amazing and has cool tools to use to create each ad that I want to create. It works smooth and I love how I can go through the site without complications. Powtoon is great for creators and bloggers.
ProsThis site is so amazing and interesting. I love how I can create animated videos and intro videos with this software. I haven't seen a site like this in a long time. I love making intro videos, but I don't like confusing ad creator software sites. This one wasn't confusing and it also made it simple to understand. I love how there are templates and I can plug my information into each template. I love how I can create posts and also social media posts for my blog pages. I love the option this site has to create presentations for your team.
ConsI dislike the side toolbar that's on the dashboard. It seems like any other template site with that on the side. It would be nice to have that sidebar at the bottom or top of the screen. I just wish that part was a little different somehow.
October 8, 2019
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2018

“Great presentation software”

OverallGood software to use for creating unique presentations.
ProsI have not come across anything like powtoon before. Very unique when it comes to creating presentations. Allows you to grab the attention of anyone you are presenting to. It is very customizable and has a lot of templates as well. You can create a cartoon presentation which is different from your typical PowerPoint presentations. Good to make a lasting impression.
ConsNothing, great software that allows me to make affective presentations.
September 13, 2018
Lisa F.
Marketing Director
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2019

“At your fingertips”

OverallI have been using it consistently, 1-3 times a week for over a year. Very rarely do I run into a glitch. On occasion I'll have trouble uploading or downloading a video. It's never been something I couldn't rectify easily.
ProsIt was so easily available, easy to learn and helps me make incredible custom videos for marketing and teaching purposes
ConsI wish there was more content available for the free service. There are options to upgrade which give you many more.
September 18, 2019
Ashley M.
Training Specialist
Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1000 employees
May 1, 2019

“Great Customer Support”

OverallI'm still learning the ins and outs of the product, so there's bound to be bumps in the road. However, I have needed the assistance of Customer Support a couple times already, and they have been quick to respond and extremely helpful. I feel less concerned with having any issues with the product knowing they are there to help. Thank you!
ProsPowtoon provides the flexibility I need to create training videos for my company, including the ability to record voiceovers, import Powerpoints, import videos, or create a video from scratch with their templates.
ConsIt would be helpful if you could create folders for your Powtoons to keep things organized.
May 1, 2019