TrackMaven Ratings

Overall

About TrackMaven

TrackMavens marketing analytics platform helps you prove ROI and improve results on 18 digital channels including social, ads, PR, automation, and CRM. Learn more about TrackMaven

Geoffrey B.
Digital Media Analyst
Sports, 201-500 employees
May 11, 2017

“An outstanding experience. Helps us in our business every single day!”

ProsMy favorite feature is the clear way to tag posts. We use it to tag types of content, events they surround, and if they include any of our partners. This has proven to be valubale come end-of-the-year recaps. Also, it provides quick and easy ways to sort posts by quality as well as graph results for not just us, but all of our competitors.
ConsSometimes, the graphing functionality can be a little clunky. It can be hard to pull results exactly how you want them. Also, it doesn't have a way of excluding certain results from searches (such as posts that we tag DELETED) or do "AND" searches when searching tagged posts instead of "OR" (ex. "this tag" AND "that tag", not "this tag" OR "that tag")
Aly S.
Social Media Coordinator
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
May 11, 2017

“I've been using TM for over a year now. I like using it to supplement our other analytics tools.”

OverallCompetitor analysis, dashboards, easy to build graphs.
Pros- Competitor analysis - Dashboards - Customer service help (Monica is very helpful) - Create your own graphs
Cons- If you have a large legend not all of the legend shows when you export the graph. - We had many issues initially with tags/tag rules but they've been fixed. - I don't like that the time frames don't match up when you create a graph vs. in the content feed. - I used to use the chart that showed good times for you to post based on your competitors and I really miss not having that graph anymore.
Ben R.
Video Producer
Media Production, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“Excellent Social Media Advice”

OverallWe use it to use data from competitors in our data set to jump on trends and do more effective social media posting.
ProsThey have given us very tangible ways to improve our performance on social media, and they are great at collecting other examples of best practices and comparative data.
ConsI have no complaints. It always does exactly what I need it to do.
October 9, 2018
Ben A.
Digital Coordinator/Social Media
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
May 15, 2017

“TrackMaven lets us know what is going to work before we do it on social media.”

OverallWe got all the tracking we could want to report to all officers and directors.
ProsI really like the the ease of reporting and metrics that anyone in our organization can understand (rather than simply posting things quickly).
ConsI do miss the hour-by-hour data, which shows people the objective best times to post, so if that feature were added back, I could not come up with a con.
Celeste M.
Social Media Manager
Internet, Unspecified
May 15, 2017

“Overall, I've enjoyed using TrackMaven, and it has helped with our social efforts. ”

ProsI enjoy both tracking content competitors' post promotion tactics and curating content in the Content Feed. I also get a lot of value out of social metrics reports, both comparing us to our competitors and just our brand.
ConsAlthough I like how easy it is to build reports, I wish I could do a little more customization. Also, I wish TrackMaven would invest a bit more in paid content detection in the longterm, since that is important to benchmarking our strategy.
James M.
Director of Social and Digital Media
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
May 11, 2017

“TrackMaven has been a tremendous help in directing our Social Media Marketing efforts.”

OverallAbility to gauge our content performance as well as peer performance. The ability to adjust editorial calendars to coincide with current or past trends.
ProsAbility to review peer content in real-time. Ability to look back at high performing content in order to plan out future content. Benching marking tools to visually capture the results of our efforts.
ConsNot a fan of the look of the 'share' graphs Would be great to be able to get a combined look at quantitative and qualitative information. For example show impact per certain demographics.
Bethany T.
Sr. Media Relations Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
May 11, 2017

“TrackMaven is a great tool that's user-friendly and provides all the info I need in one place.”

ProsThe ease of use the the quality of the reporting are real highlights for me. I am also impressed how easy it is to get in touch with customer service and how quick they are to respond to my requests.
Hunter H.
Marketing Coordinator
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
May 19, 2017

“Awesome for comparative content”

OverallWe are able to see how our content is performing, especially in comparison to our competitors. We are consistently trying to grow our following and are often behind, so it's extremely important to keep an eye on what everyone else is doing.
ProsWe love having all of our competitor's content in one platform and being able to compare the success of our efforts.
ConsIt's probably our lack of mathematical skills, but we sometimes have a difficult time setting up analytics dashboards. Fortunately, TrackMaven's templates and general analytics are super helpful.
Erin A.
Social Media and Digital Advertising Assistant
Political Organization, 201-500 employees

“time-saving, multi-function, user-friendly”

OverallSaves time, compare metrics from several years ago. It is essential to my job duties.
ProsI most like the ability to track a number of important metrics in one platform - without going to FB, Twitter, Insta ect. to compile metrics.
ConsThere are a few key functions that aren't available. 1) Exporting long charts (without cutting off rows). 2) Pulling in more detailed Google Analytics
Brittani W.
Social Media Analytics Supervisor
Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees
May 15, 2017

“Great For Presenting The Whole Picture”

OverallGathering and analyzing data in a centralized software allows for easier use and sharing.
ProsI like that this software allows you to easily see data and create charts/charts to see the big picture. It also anticipates a lot of the questions I know I will be asked to help me better prepare the content for consumption.
ConsI wish that the dashboards created by Track Maven allowed you to enter in customized dates. Also in the precreated dashboard, I wish there was an easy option to edit.
Tim B.
Digital & social media strategist
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
May 11, 2017

“TrackMaven is a great tool for aggregating our social media analytics!”

ProsI like being able to see and sort content from our competitors and compare their stats with our own.
ConsI'd like to be able to see the number of engaged users/impressions to get a better sense of how effective our efforts are.
Julia S.
Research manager
Publishing, 1001-5000 employees
May 11, 2017

“Great support from the client managers. Straight, to the point tool. ”

OverallSocial tracking on O&O
ProsIntuitive, pretty graphics, great content searchers. Dashboards are easy to set up, and reports are also easy to create.
ConsA little confusing setting up tags or tag rules (have to do two different steps that I didn't know) can't export content graphics
Ayesha P.
Marketing
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2016

“Trackmaven review”

Overallhad it for 2 years at my company. had to cancel due to budget. Great data, but the price is a bit high compared to other tools in the industry. Recommendations: market about your value prop compared to tools who claim to offer similar services.
Prossee description
Conssee description
Recommendations to other buyerssee description
September 27, 2016
Courtni V.
Head of Copywriting
Furniture, 10,001+ employees
May 19, 2017

“TrackMaven is a good supplemental tool to evaluate performance.”

ProsI enjoy being able to see what content my competition is producing on their blogs and how followers are reacting on social media. The interactions feature is a great tool to see how many people are "touching" your content.
ConsIt's hard to compare how your brand is doing when specific markets are so different (ex: number of followers). I wish that there was some sort of tool that generated "trending" topics within your industry such as "top keywords for the past week."
Elizabeth C.
October 6, 2015

“Great content marketing and PR measurement tool”

OverallPros: - Real time, custom alerts for media hits, competitors media hits and for content that is relatively more engagement - Normalizes data for relative impact - Great for understanding how engaging the content is, not just how many views it's getting. Cons: - The Visualizer is a little bit clunky, and you can't drill down into it. - Cannot take any action from within the tool on your social accounts
October 6, 2015
Amanda H.
Editorial Director and Demand Gen
May 15, 2017

“Useful information and the platform has steadily improved in the year I've been using it.”

ProsSeeing which blog and social media posts are resonating. Our account reps are excellent. Very responsive and helpful so I give them 5 stars on customer support.
ConsCan be a tad complex, but ease of use has improved steadily so I am encouraged it will continue to get easier.
Danielle R.
Research Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
May 15, 2017

“It has been good but I think it could be better”

ProsTracking the social following (esp. vs. competitors), it is also great to see how one platform performs vs. the others
ConsI feel as if there should be a way to track category of content vs. other categories, competitors, etc. You should also be able to see a content mix so for example 20% of content is fashion, 20% is beauty, 30% is health, etc. As well as how much one category over performs vs. another.
Shanna C.
Social Media Marketing Manager
August 21, 2015

“AMAZING customer service!”

OverallI've never before worked with a social tool that had such amazing customer service. Special shoutout to Blair who works tirelessly to help me pull reports at odd hours. Even though we're on different time zones, I can always trust that my questions will be answered within a short timeframe. The whole team goes above and beyond!
August 21, 2015
Audrey K.
Social media manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
May 11, 2017

“Great customer service. Tool has expanded its functionality in the past few years.”

OverallAnalytics of overall engagement on channels as well as data on how we measure up versus our top competitors.
ProsThe ability to sort easily content vs competitors. Also, the new dashboards feature allows each user to tailor content to their specific channels.
ConsThe export of data needs to be manipulated quite a bit for company-specific reports and presentations, which can be time consuming.
Lanie B.
Data Analyst
May 11, 2017

“The interface isn't simple. It seems like it is but simple things aren't easy.”

ProsVery telling. I love the summary st the bottom that shows you the best articles. Large array of comp sets available.
ConsPulling data for something that should be simple is very difficult. I've tried pulling the same report in different ways (bar graph vs table etc.) and I get different data each time. It makes it hard to trust the data.
Matt S.
Sr. Manager, Content Marketing
January 18, 2016

“Excellent for Reporting and Trend Analysis”

OverallI've used TrackMaven for nearly a year and a half, primarily for reporting purposes and strategic analysis. It's a great "looking glass" into our real-time and historic activity, benchmarked by industry and competitor data. Useful tool, and their customer support team is fantastic.
January 18, 2016
Kelsey P.
PR Specialist
August 12, 2015

“Great social tracker”

OverallLove using this for our monthly / quarterly reports. Track Maven is able to give me insights into how our social channels have performed over a given time. I wish the visualizers were a little more user friendly. I also wish it was able to give me more insight on our media efforts.
August 12, 2015
Sophie C.
Research Assistant
November 14, 2017

“Very helpful if you know how to use it”

ProsThe software capabilities are great and always improving and the support services are excellent whenever I have used them.
ConsIt can be quite hard to learn how to use the software and takes a bit of time to learn. However, the support team was great.
November 14, 2017