Kanbanery Ratings

Overall
4.9/5

About Kanbanery

Popular and easy to use tool for managing teams. Visualize the work and get useful reports to get things done better. Its easy to get started with task board templates, and then tweak them to you hearts desire. If you have many projects with similar characteristics, whether its workflow, task types, or estimation approach, just save it as a custom template and instantly create create new project boards to your specifications. Learn more about Kanbanery

Bryan M.
Product Director
Design, Unspecified
January 23, 2018

“My tool of choice for managing agile software development”

OverallKanbanery helps us manage complex agile development projects with our team and clients with ease and enjoyment. Using it is never a chore and any other similar tool would truly be a hinderance to our workflow in comparison.
ProsOut of of all the agile project management tools out there, Kanbanery provides what I consider to be the best UI that is kept clean while still allowing for the most important features that an agile project manager needs. Simple features like column limits as well as custom task types and task estimate levels allow us to customize our board to fit our specific workflow. Putting these settings into a workspace allows us to start a new project with the exact columns and workflow style that we need instantly. Other tools we've tried were either too simple or they were complex and not enjoyable for a team to use. Kanbanery has just the right amount of features for our use, and any of the features we do not need, are inconspicuous and not in our way.
ConsI would like to see further updates to the mobile app. It was refreshed not to long ago, but I still don't feel that the mobile app is to the point that I can easily organize and track information on a large board. The majority of my time I don't need a mobile app, but I have found a few times in discussion where I wished I could check something a bit easier without having a computer nearby, and while the mobile app allows that, it doesn't feel as easy as I would prefer. My only issue with the current webapp UI is how much space the top menu takes up on screen, but we were able to make this fit for us by adjusting the menu using the custom CSS feature. All this being said, I am being very picky here, and if nothing changed with this software over the next 5 years I would still be using Kanbanery daily.
January 23, 2018
Justyna P.
Marketing & PR Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2016

“Easy & Powerful ”

OverallI use Kanbanery to organize my professional & private work on a daily basis. It let's me to work smarter, not harder. The power of Kanbanery is in its simplicity. It lets me to keep my projects in one place and cooperate with my team and family.
ProsI realy like chat or reports that shows how my progress looks like & how to estimate tasks :)
August 29, 2016
Tiffany M.
October 7, 2015

“Great for any size team”

OverallI used this at home for years before my company finally adopted it. It's just as useful for big software projects as it was for organizing homework when I was in school and general stuff and client work in my personal life. The team loves it because it's easy to use and gives us all the clarity we need to just get to work and get things done. It has none of the overhead of other project mangement tools.
ProsGreat user experience, clean UI, lots of hidden, powerful features.
ConsIt doesn't work as well as I'd like on my iPad, but the iOS app kind of makes up for that.
October 7, 2015
James S.
Lead UX Designer
January 19, 2015

“The best project management tool I've ever used with my design and software teams”

OverallWe've been through quite a few task management tools over the years and Kanbanery is, hands-down, the best I've ever seen. I'm a UX professional, so good design and ease of use are important to me. That's one of the biggest challenges for project management software. Kanbanery manages to create a great user experience which is easy to learn and yet keeps surprising me with the range of features that seem to appear just when I need them, and only when I need them. Collaboration among multiple teams and our clients has become smooth and seamless. I highly recommend Kanbanery.
January 19, 2015
Paul K.
Product Manager
Information Services, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2015

September 11, 2015
Jim S.
January 20, 2015

“Used it to build my startup, and now we use it for customer service, too.”

OverallI used Kanbanery to manage a remote offshore team for over a year, and now that we're live, we're using it to coordinate customer support over three locations. It's great to have one board with all the support tickets, statuses, comments, and attachments. When one team goes to sleep, a team in another time zone can easily pick up where they left off, giving us 24/7 support.
January 20, 2015
Gerard Z.
February 5, 2015

“The best one I've ever used!”

OverallAfter using many management tools in my career (Jira, doh!) I've finally found Kanbanery. It's the easiest to use and best looking one I've ever used. My team also loves it and it's the tool that I'd recommend to everyone - I think it's free for personal use. Their customer support is also impressive.
February 5, 2015
Tiffany M.
Freelance Designer
February 13, 2015

“Good for freelancers”

OverallI use this with all my clients so they can see what I'm working on and comment ideas and tasks. It really helps to make them feel more comfortable with the process, since they can log in at any time and see exactly what the status of their job is.
February 13, 2015
Paul .
January 12, 2014

“Easy to use, but powerful”

OverallKanbanery has all the features you'd expect from a visual management tool for people using Kanban, but you don't have to use them and they're nicely tucked away until you need them.
ProsGreat pricing, easy to use.
ConsYou can't make very complex board designs.
January 12, 2014
Paul K.
January 24, 2015

“Great for remote teams”

OverallLunar Logic uses Kanbanery for almost all of its projects to coordinate with remote clients and team members.
January 24, 2015