Orderbot Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About Orderbot

Powerful, flexible B2C and B2B order management that enables companies generating $3 million+ to manage their business simply and efficiently. Orderbot provides a seamless flow of features with one centralized platform for multi-inventory, multichannel operations management. Easily integrates with shipping providers, payment processors, marketplaces, EDI and ecommerce platforms that include Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce and Workarea. Learn more about Orderbot

todd n.
vp design & development
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
March 21, 2017

“easiest shopify integration ever”

Overallwe have been running with orderbot for about five years now. originally we used it to streamline shipping with various fedex/dhl/usps integrations. this saved a ton of time and manpower for us. since that earlier time we have really seen the features grow with in orderbot. order pick slips, bulk pulls, various order guides for multiple countries, and the ability to scan all of our orders at trade shows. most recently we are loving the integration with shopify. with in a day we had four order guides set up for 2 continents . both retail and wholesale and it worked seamlessly. we can't wait to see what we can integrate next. top shelf software and an awesome team over at orderbot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prosworks perfectly on all platforms and is easy to use
Conswish i had one
Recommendations to other buyerswe had worked worked with two other companies before we made the move to orderbot. best move we ever did
March 21, 2017
Brittany S.
Office Operations Director
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2018

“Happy to use OrderBot ”

OverallOrderBot was a great tool for our company. Easy to learn & easy to use from the administrators down to the shipping department. Online access made it easy to use & create orders when we were on-the-go, such as at trade shows that our company attended. I would definitely recommend OrderBot to anyone at any stage of business.
ProsWe love the way that OrderBot could be integrated throughout our company; from sending invoices, to shipping & creating labels - everything we needed was right in one program.
ConsMany of the attributes were unnecessary for our business. Would have been nice to be able to customize what attributes we needed & which ones we did not.
September 19, 2018
Alaina F.
Executive Assistant
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 29, 2017

“Big Mistake. #EnoughSaid”

OverallIn the end, both companies I was working with left Orderbot thousands and thousands in the hole. Wasted. Not just money but time too. One company waited almost a full year before deciding enough was enough and went in a different direction. The other company had a somewhat operational product but left for an AMAZING product that still surprises us on how wonderful their product and customer service is.
ConsEverything! I had a unique experience in being able to work alongside two different companies as they were set up with Orderbot. Both of these companies were OVER promised and UNDER delivered to. They both spent THOUSANDS of dollars and neither had a functional product. Orderbot is quick to point fingers at anyone besides themselves. They often use the excuse of "growing pains" -- that they have had so many companies newly onboarding that they just couldn't keep up with the demand. I think it's more that they couldn't keep up with their lies. When I saw that Orderbot had been bought out, I got excited hoping for improvements. They never came and I began to wonder if the company had been lied to just as all the Orderbot customers had been told stories of all the wonders that this product could do. As others have said there is a lot of extra work in using Orderbot. They told us to get a "real" accountant as they told others in order to use their product. It shouldn't be that hard for a "plug and play" software. We had to spend countless hours and thousands of dollars for our real accountant to fix the MESS that Orderbot made of our books. It's time we will never get back --- how much further would these two businesses be had they not wasted time, energy, and funds on this pointless product?
December 29, 2017
Robert L.
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
December 1, 2015

“Not ready for Prime Time”

ProsNothing. 1. No manuals. The only possibility to train using Orderbot is to preview a series of on-line videos. The audio uses a non-native English speaker, and are poor, at best. Employees are expected to sift back thru videos each time they need a refresh on some operation. 2.Integration with Quickbooks is a problem. They claimed it was a 'no-brainer' with third party soft-ware but it never happened. 3.Double-entry of data. We were not told in the beginning that, to 'get going' required double entry of our sales information: once into Quickbooks, and the second into Orderbot, and operating Orderbot over a 2-3 week period to see if it was working properly. 4.The accounting part, i.e. matching up Quickbooks accounts with Orderbot accounts, was held out till the end. Ditto here on the 2-3 week double data entry to match the accounts up. I have post graduate degrees in math, physics, and chemistry. This isn't rocket science, and it shouldn't require one to implement. I was instructed to hire a 'real' accountant to make it all work properly. 5.They charge a monthly subscription fee from the beginning when the contract was signed, months before even being close to running. 6.The user-interface is not intuitive. Navigating between different modules within Orderbot, knowing where to click to get drop down menus or launch some action was all very tenuous, and felt like guess work most of the time. My team (three others) didn't have a good experience with it either.
ConsNo manuals. Customer service was awful. We never received the operational product that they promised, even after months of trying and thousands of dollars.
Recommendations to other buyersI wish I could suggest a solution. Instead I was sold a mirage in the middle of the desert! There is certainly a need for a robust SaaS in the wholesale trade that can provide metrics for inventory, sales, and customer service at your finger tips. I am tired of the Excel spreadsheets...
December 1, 2015
Leopoldo G.
Textiles, 51-200 employees
February 23, 2017

“Tonic Active”

OverallGreat product, has simplify our order processing flow. Also has help us integrating our inventory control systems.
ProsUser friendliness
February 23, 2017
Carlton H.
Vice President
May 16, 2017

“Was supposed to make things easier. Only made everything harder.”

OverallNone. It cost us high to find out that it was going to be unsuitable for us. It was way oversold by their sales staff and could not deliver on its promises. Furthermore, it is very clear that Orderbot's parent company, Weblinc, has pushed a number of policies on Orderbot which are blatantly unfriendly to customers. This makes them much less desirable to work with. We went through a lengthy process to try to find a solution that would be acceptable and Weblinc's policies forced Orderbot's only position to be that we could try Orderbot again (and why would we try something again when we've already wasted tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of labor hours on something that did not work in the first place?) This entire situation has been a thorough disaster for our company. I would strongly recommend avoiding them.
ProsStaff is very kind and helpful. I could see how it would work for certain businesses with smaller product lines or who did not need to maintain product data in any other system.
ConsIt is an entirely separate system to manage that is quite difficult to manage. For companies like ours with many products which are frequently updated (we are a distributor, but the same could be said for manufacturers with large lines), product management becomes a nightmare. After it became clear the software was unusable based on our set of needs, and we would never make it out of development / testing, we received none of our licensing fees back which were paid up-front.
May 16, 2017
Danny Z.
COO
1-10 employees
July 17, 2016

“$$ Down the Drain”

OverallIt seemed too good to be true. I set up multiple meetings with their team, the creator of the software (or so I was led to believe). It seemed a perfect fit. Everything we asked for it could do and if it couldn't do it yet, they were "two weeks away from implementation." We paid our thousands of dollars to get it set up, expecting a quick turnaround because that's what they told us it woulds be and, lo and behold, months later we were still waiting. Finally it actually got set up, but the promises we were made turned out to be phony. "If you want that it will take extra time to implement." (See: Extra Money) We tried contacting their team directly. Occasionally we'd get him on the phone, but that's about it. Eventually, he stopped returning calls though promises were made there, too. We eventually put a stop payment on them with our credit card so that SOMETHING would get done. Wouldn't you know it? That's when they start working on the problems. Eventually, the company was sold to another company, but as of the moment, it's the same, "That'll take more time (see: money) to implement."
ProsThey have amazing promises.
ConsThose promises fall well short.
Recommendations to other buyersTry to find something else, and then tell me what you find so I can jump ship.
July 17, 2016
Leroy J.
July 29, 2015

“LOVING ORDERBOT”

OverallWhen we first found Orderbot, it seemed to good to be true. They took us through countless demos, and took a ton of time to answer all my questions and learn about our business. We relatively small business when compared to some other their other clients. From day one they treated us with a ton of respect, and were super helpful, providing advise way beyond anything we could have every imagined. While it took us longer than we initially anticipated to implement (by about two weeks). They never came back to us and charged more for the extra time, and even helped us correct some of our mistakes. We are very impressed with the team, and software has exceed out expectations. The big wins for us where: a) Seamless flow from order entry, to production, to delivery, invoicing and payment. b) Allowed us know exactly what we needed to produce, and if we has sufficient inventory c) Integrates well with XERO (our accounting package)
July 29, 2015
Whitney A.
Owner+Operator
April 16, 2015

“Complete organization simplified”

OverallThis software is a game changer. In the ever evolving world of business this software is able to handle it all. I started with straight wholesale business but adding additional revenue channels is a breeze to integrate to your already established business. Information is easy to find, reporting is excellent and the most complicated costing scenarios are not a problem. My business ranges from wholesale to DTC and private label and Orderbot is able to handle each one individually and mold it into one solid picture of my business. The integration with my payment gateway and shipping have made my day to day duties a breeze. They helped me with the initial setup and helped me with every question I had. Thing thing I like most of all is the transparency in my day to day activities. I can see all my orders and shipments at every stage of the process so that nothing falls through the cracks. As a business owner that is most important.
April 16, 2015
Derek S.
HR & Finance Cdr
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Useful ”

OverallCustomer service was always helpful.
ProsAbility to see all orders before their delivery date is a rare feature that I really enjoyed. Reporting features are robust. Overall layout made viewing things quick and easy.
ConsIt looks like it's from 2001. SKU process takes hours.
February 12, 2019
Jennifer M.
December 29, 2014

“Flexible, powerful, elegantly-simple - great for small-to-medium global businesses”

OverallOrderbot is an incredibly powerful platform that enables us manage our global business simply & efficiently. We operate multiple distribution centres on three continents, in multiple currencies & multiple tax regimes. We need to keep a tight control of our purchasing, inventory, sales and tiered pricing structure. Orderbot does all of this in an elegant way, offering us an amazing level of flexibility while storing our customer, product and inventory databases in a single fully-integrated, cloud-based order management system that also offers e-commerce platforms for consumer and wholesale online sales. On the cons side, Orderbot is in growth mode and while day-to-day customer service is speedy, dev work is unpredictable or slow. Nonetheless highly recommended.
December 29, 2014
Philippe A.
Director of Operations
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
January 10, 2019

“Does the job a bit short”

ProsTracks inventory and order management. Reporting is also robust and handles the day to day relatively well.
ConsLacks quite a bit of functionality for our business. Cannot be used for a full MRP software and must have an external source to do this.
January 10, 2019
Audrey A.
.Net web developer
10,001+ employees
January 29, 2019

“Not your typical software! ”

OverallOne of the BEST !
ProsThis product Simplifies our order process flow , Such a great product! And it's price worth its purpose. It develop things unexpectedly.
ConsThis product need a lot of improvement so every user will be satisfied using it , But overall experience was GREAT!
January 29, 2019
Charlie S.
co-founder
June 30, 2015

“Saves me money and streamlines operations!”

OverallThese guys know how to systemize operations. Orderbot is perfect for manufacturing companies that need to see inventory as a function of time...what is where and when. For us, we do all order writing and invoicing through Orderbot. We then pull quick account summaries to upload to our accounting software for the financial side. This system has proven to save time and help us deliver greater customer service. The team at Orderbot comes with a strong operational background and a ton of experience; this results in quick solutions and explanations to any hiccup we encounter. They Rock!
June 30, 2015
Donald H.
Retail, 11-50 employees
June 29, 2016

“Stay Away ”

OverallThe company seemed very professional during the sales process once the agreement was signed my sales rep disappeared, emails to her bounced back and her superior only responded after I threatened to refer this to my attorney. Now 2 months later her superior has stopped returning emails after he implied that he was going to return the deposits that the company received in April and May. I can't truthfully rate the Features and Functionality but everything else is bad about this company.
ProsThe demo was great, reality is not.
ConsOrderbot's employees and their managers are like magicians they'll disappear.
Recommendations to other buyersI would stay away from this company and the software the company is only as good as their employees and their owners. I hope you don't make the same mistake I made.
June 29, 2016
Gene B.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2017

“Orderbot does not work”

OverallWe invested money ]into order desk and as of today, we don't have anything to show for it. They never delivered on any promise we were given and over the course of 12 months wasted our time and money. Please there are solutions out there that are so much better than Orderbot. Don't make the same mistake we did!
ProsOrderbot is really good about over promising what the software can do and making promises that they can't deliver on.
ConsBuilt on outdated technology (SLOW) Poor user interface Incredibly complex Does not live up to its promises
July 20, 2017
Gary S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2018

“Con Man - A follow up to an earlier review”

OverallTried to get our money back and talked with the attorney from WebLinc, the company that bought them to get our money back. They wasted our time for almost two years. They wouldn't give any of our money back.
ProsNone- There are no Pros. Take the money and run. Look at all the recent reviews. That will tell you all you need to know...
ConsTake your money with a deposit and a monthly fee. Kept stretching it out and never delivered a working model. Made promises and then disappeared. Don't be fooled by the demo. It doesn't work.
August 8, 2018
KRISTIN A.
January 6, 2017

“Great for small businesses!”

OverallWe have worked with Orderbot for the past 4 years and have appreciated their amazing customer service. Their software is very helpful for our small business, helping us manage orders and inventory as our business grows.
January 6, 2017
Robert T.
June 3, 2014

“These guys are mind reader”

OverallHighly focused software for wholesalers and manufacturers. Really they just focus on the day to day operations, and let my accounting system do accounting things. My favourite feature is backorders! They Nailed it! Big time
June 3, 2014
Karen B.
February 24, 2017

“Summit Clothing Co. Order Processing”

OverallOverall easy to use and user friendly, help us track all orders in process and control the inventory of finished goods.
February 24, 2017