RedTeam Ratings

Overall

About RedTeam

RedTeam is a robust commercial construction project management solution - a cloud application developed by contractors to effectively manage everything from pre-construction through project closeout, while connecting team members using any device. In addition to strong field reporting, RedTeam provides solutions for all steps of the project management process, from generating new business, pre-construction, contracting, performance management, and financial controls. Learn more about RedTeam

Candice A.
Assistant Project Manager
Construction, 201-500 employees
July 19, 2019

“Submittals”

OverallRedTeam is fine overall, but the submittal process is terribly time consuming. there needs to be options to move past 4 of the 6 steps to submit for approval... All we need is: 1. Create submittal (chose vendor, upload submittal with transmittal) 2. Submit for approval (chose the recipients and those copied) then email.
ProsAlthough the print is too small, the subcontract and change order process is easy to use. My subcontractors complain that the size of the font is too small after printing for signature. It's no longer legible after scanning and saving the executed contracts, CO's, PO's, etc.
ConsThe submittal process (IMO) is ridiculously cumbersome. 1. Having to go through 6 steps to submit 1 submittal is so time consuming that I have to schedule a full day to process multiple submittals. I am very very busy with non-stop calls, emails, meetings, etc.; a simple distraction can cause a mistake while drudging through the unnecessary 6 steps to submit for approval ... If I make a mistake, I have to edit and basically start all over. Then the tracking... 2. The Revise & Resubmit submittal just need to turn RED, there is no need to cross it out. The submittal log becomes messy and confusing with the crossed out submittals. 3. RedTeam should auto populate a submittal cover sheet; one that the reviewer can add comments, a stamp, etc. If I was to use RedTeam to request submittals from a sub, I would have to download, (often print), add the transmittal, the upload the submittal... That's dumb. Regardless, my subs cannot be bothered by using RedTeam to upload submittals. It's not user friendly for those whom are out in the field, working from their truck or trailer. Therefore, they forward the submittal from their supplier via email and/or hand deliver the samples and product data. 3. The reference number should be the cost code per the project submittal book. For example: Trash Chutes Cost Code 14-91-82 Trash Chutes as a Sbmittal reference #: 14-91-82 or for revisions 14-91-82 R1 etc.
July 19, 2019
Jennifer S.
July 2, 2019

“RedTeam for subcontractors”

OverallBefore RedTeam, our people relied on paper prints and emails that they didn't have access to unless they were in the office. There were so many times when there were issues on a job site and it was someone else's word against ours. I can't tell you how many times daily reports have saved our tails. Our guys log pictures and descriptions pretty well and a lot of times we can just send a report to a general contractor and it clears up an issue. Submittals, drawings and specs are all available to our guys in the field, they can navigate the pages and blow sections up on their tablets and it's really helpful. Full size paper drawings are expenses, and this helps us a ton. Overall I am very happy with our decision to use RedTeam for our business.
Pros*RedTeam offers our small business the opportunity to engage with our project generals and owners on a sleek and professional platform. Not a lot of other small businesses in our area use programs like this, it gives us an edge. *We have several people working for us in the field who aren't always very 'tech savvy'. The mobile interface is very user friendly for them. They log daily reports and use the uploaded plans and specs all the time. Each morning I log onto my work station and I can see where all of our guys were the day before. It helps me keep up to speed with what progress is being made on each of our jobs. *Billing is easy to keep track of for each job, and it's nice to be able to add change orders and manipulate our schedule of values when needed.
Cons* The submittal process is a bit confusing. I believe it would be fairly simple to use if we were a general contractor, but being a specialty trade, we are almost always a subcontractor. I usually have to go in and process them from start to finish on my own just to have them in the system and available to our guys in the field.

By RedTeam Software on July 10, 2019
Thank you for the kind words, being able to help small and medium construction businesses is something we are very proud of.
July 2, 2019
Paul P.
Business Development and Operations

“One Stop Shop”

OverallI am fortunate that after the software had been originally abandoned in our company, we have decided to give it another try with direct assistance from the Red Team Success team. They have been great! I am realizing now that the software really can be the main platform we use statewide with all functionalities that it encompasses. The key is correct onboarding and training at the beginning. I would advise this software to anyone who has the financial capital to go ahead and purchase it.
ProsThe software is a One-Stop-Shop. It encompasses features from project planning to project fulfillment. In our case, we deal with scheduling (Gantt charts), accounting, document retention, and tracking, inventory, multiple projects in different locations varying from single-family housing to multi-family housing all under construction simultaneously. The software allows access and provides learning tools for the novice person starting out in construction and has great tools for the experienced person in construction. It is also compatible with other programs.
Cons1. Some of the features, starting out with passwords seem to be elementary. For example, you cannot use characters in your password. 2. Without clear onboarding from the support staff, the software can be cumbersome and confusing to implement company-wide 3. It would be nice to have more features accessible on the mobile app. 4. It's very pricey if you're not going to use all the features
Bruce R.
Division Manager

“Red Team Review”

OverallI like it. I use it extensively for bidding and Invoicing. I also use SA's, PO's, and Progress Reports frequently. I do not use the RFI's, Submittals, or the Dialog section much at all, as I find them less user-friendly.
Pros1) Sending RFQ's. I like being able to send emails to all subs at the same time and keep track of who I sent them to, and who is bidding or not. I can also upload their bids. It's great having all the bids in one place. 2) I also like the freedom in how I enter information into the estimating section. Although it would be nice if it could do one additional calculation for me, i.e. #men x #days x $rate, instead of just qty x rate. 3) The Progress Reports and the ability to capture photo's and upload them from the mobile app is also a great feature. 4) Billing through RT is quick and easy. 5) Writing Sub Agreements and PO's in the buyout section is helpful also.
Cons- It's not always intuitive. I find the Submittals section somewhat time-consuming and cumbersome to use. I also find the Dialog section a little cumbersome and haven't found much value in it beyond what I get from Outlook. - It would be nice if there was a record of when emails were sent through RedTeam. When I send an email, I can go back and check sent emails. That's not the case with RT, unless I copy myself on the emails and then can find it in Outlook. - It has it's quirks such as not being able to enter a website when creating a new customer/vendor. The customer/vendor has to be saved 1st, then the website added later. In the Contract section, I have to save several times as I set it up. If I check boxes for the set up, set the duration, add clarifications, etc., then save it, I'll have to go back and do some of those things again. If I only do a few things at a time before saving, then it will remember what I changed. And in many areas I can add a new vendor or contact person but in other areas I can't without exiting the job.
Cinthia I.
Administration
Construction, Unspecified
April 4, 2016

“Easy Peasy!”

ProsFrom the administration's point of view. I like that the entire construction phase of a project is captured in one place; including contacts, liens (if any), buyout, letters, just to name a few. When closing out a project, there is no longer the need to use up space on your server storing information for future reference; it will forever be accessible via RedTeam. Customer service is great and friendly. I absolutely love that my company uses RedTeam, it makes the job faster. No need to spend time creating cover sheets like transmittals, submittal labels, RFI coversheets... these forms will automatically create themselves with the information and contacts on the project. It is a great tool to have and a life changer. No more unprofessional looking forms, or in the other hand, no more spending hours making all forms uniform and looking great every time you have to use them.
ConsOnce you build up the vendor database, and it starts becoming massive... it will take what seems forever to load, and search. When editing a vendor profile, and you need to edit another vendor profile, you'll have to wait for the list to load again every time you have to open a profile. Another one is that the contact list on each project preloads itself, instead of the admin picking the names to add to the list; the admin has to spend quite some time "removing" the names you don't want to the list. Last time I created a contact list, it took me 30 minutes just removing over 130 contacts, and adding ones that weren't there. And every time there is a new hire, prepare to revisit the contact list for EVERY job you don't want this contact to show.
Recommendations to other buyersBe open minded, be open to change. Change can be good, and you won't regret making this change to switch to ReadTeam. I promise. At first it can seem hard, but once you get the hang of it (only about 1 full week for me) you'll never want to go back to the old way of doing things.
April 4, 2016
Antonio G.

“Review”

OverallIn some cases, the software is not flexible for different ways a company operates and complicates the process. However, since I started using it the software i got used to it and I like it.
ProsIphone App. Its easy and fast to work on.
ConsThere's some unnecessary process on the submittal area that in most of the project we don't use and there's no option to remove or jump that process. Drawings dont' have a good platform to do annotations or write on it. Including on the phone app.
Justin N.
June 27, 2019

“Red Team Review”

ProsEase of use. We like the project labeling, ability to sort by WIP and Bids.
ConsWe really like everything, just want to see some modifications. Things such as WIP tab does not remove "closed" projects from it, so our WIP list just keeps getting larger. If we revise an estimate, we would like to be able to keep the original estimate, number, etc and open a revision with the new information. We would like to rename in the schedule of values "fee" and "overhead" to whatever we see fit. Lots of other small changes that we can hopefully keep suggesting and get implemented in the future.
June 27, 2019
Valerie B.
Contacts & Billing
June 10, 2019

“Excellent Project Management Software”

ProsOne of the things that I like about RedTeam is the job cost reports. I can provide reports to PM's in seconds, instead of having to go to different softwares to pull numbers. I also like the interface between RedTeam and DocuSign with sending POs and subcontracts. It makes it easy to track if a contract was signed by our vendor. Before RedTeam, we didn't have a way to track the status of contracts. The lien tracker is very helpful to keep track of our preliminary liens. Before we used Excel to keep track of them.
ConsThe WIP Reports need a little work. Once a project is closed, it is dropped off our WIP report. Currently, we are using Excel. The billing needs a little help. We would like to be able to enter in the current amount that we want to bill instead of using a percentage or having to add the number to the previous amount billed.
Caitlin L.
Project Management and Accounting

“Thank you RedTeam!”

OverallOverall great experience. Few glitchy things here and there, but for the most part, it has been very helpful with our general contracting business.
ProsI really enjoy their Webinars and their Chat With RedTeam function. It is very helpful and they are always readily available to help us. It is nice to have the organization during the bidding phase, and also very nice that DocuSign works with our commitments!
ConsIt is difficult to learn the process of configuring things. We had a hard time setting up roles, because it seems like once it was set up, there were certain things that weren't configured and we would have to wait for rep to come back into the office and configure a certain role. There are pros and cons with configuration, but it has caused us the most trouble so far. We are much better with it now. Aside from configuration, there are a few functions we wish they had, but they've been submitted as Ticket ideas. However, we have yet to hear feedback on our ticket ideas. We will be notified once they've been addressed, but some are 5+ months old, and no feedback yet.
zachary N.
Superintendent
June 20, 2019

“ASI GC superintendent Review ”

ProsEase of use and ability to convey what happens daily on site.
ConsWe use the app a lot in the field and sometimes it doent load up fully. Not too many complaints with the App other than that. Also, what our office team sees and what the field guys see are completely different and was confusing at first.
Phil R.

“Project Manager”

OverallThe main reason we have purchased RedTeam was to free up my time. We need a program that helps eliminate time-consuming processes and redundancies. While at the same time track time-sensitive communications. Estimates, budgets, buyouts, and billings can bog you down in tedious detail. But have a system that tracks it from day one thru the full life of the project is a great benefit. Also, having the ability to link with QuickBooks makes our office manager grateful she doesn't have to learn a new system.
ProsSystematic process. The program is well tuned to help eliminate the pitfalls of being so busy and missing a step or piece of information. The process forces you to not shoot from the hip, as we all have done and been bitten by it. The customer support can't be beat. The techs know their stuff and help you get going quickly, even when you ask the software to do something it was not designed to do, they still help you figure it out.
ConsImplementation, with any robust complete software program converting completely over to it takes time. The transition is challenging if you are busy. You will be tempted to stick with what you have always done due to being comfortable with it. However, that said the RedTeam support has helped me time and time again as I use the software more and more.
Mark O.
July 6, 2019

“RedTeam”

OverallScheduling was a little difficult due to lack of tutorials(1 1/2 year ago) Recently walking through payroll has not bed straight forward. I think this is another area that needs improvement on the help side. Functions that are standard to everyone's business should be well informed on RT whether a company decides to use or or not. If the option is there tehy should be able to go to the help section and walk through it with no issues, especially if they are familiar with the task but just need to understand how to perform in RT. The contracts(owner and vendor), estimating, budgets, documentation etc... have been pretty good. It would be nice if action items(Owner, architect, contractor, and vendor) could be expanded to track a specific item that takes more than a complete to get a accomplished. We typically had to use an excel spreadsheet to keep up with all of it because very seldom are action items resolved with on response.
ProsProject management duties and financial duties can be done within the same software
ConsThe help section is great but there are key areas that still need improving. It would also be nice touch if the help and tutorials were laid out in a succinct manner that started with inception and walked through the typical processes of a project. From inception through punch out.
July 6, 2019
Bill A.

“Project Management”

OverallIt has helped me keep up with the daily challenges we face with a construction project. From cost estimates to daily communication with architects and clients it keeps everything organized in one place for ease of use and review.
ProsThat it pulls together all the everyday issues I need to deal with for Construction management
ConsLayers of links in the email to documents has been a complaint I receive from Architects.
Kyle M.
Assistant Project Manager
June 19, 2019

“Red Team an Amazing Software for Construction”

OverallMy overall experience for this product is I like it a lot. Even though there are a few issues we have with the minor errors here and there, it is overall a great product to have. To be able to list everything you need for a superintendent on a job site to document everything down in one place is huge. I believe this team can make this software even better in the future by continuing to make changes and updates and listening to their customers who tend to use this all the time.
ProsThe thing I like most about this software is it has been a massive help with our employees and customers in the field and the office. It labels things clearly, and it documents everything how we want it.
ConsI believe there is still a few bugs with this software on the mobile side, also a few on the desktop side. Not being able to since RFI's with plan grid sets us back a few. Not being able to Edit some of the accounting fields makes it a little tricky for our controller to get the correct numbers. Just a few tweaks here and there and listing to suggestions from customers who use it every day will help improve this product if the development team could act on it.
Billy P.
June 10, 2019

“The parts of RedTeam that make my job easier”

OverallRedTeam has helped with communicating job progress to the client with the use of the progress overview. The phone app has been a time saver for both PM's and Superintendents, having the job contacts, submittals, plans, and the ability to create daily reports at your finger tips is a major time saver.
ProsThe use of tabs to organize is very user friendly. The ability to compare vendor quotes at bid phase is very time saving and helpful. The way that daily reports can be used to create a weekly report for my client is a big time saver as well.
ConsThe submittal tab does not automatically record when the submittal was transmitted via email, but it does allow you to copy yourself in the email, this just creates another place I need to store project information. The punch list is very helpful in communicating with the subcontractors, but needs to be able to communicate completed items to the client.
Tina V.
Controller

“review”

ProsI like that the information is accessible to view on line; it is just a matter of learning the navigation.
Cons1) having to exit inv. data entry to make an adjustment to the contract. 2) having to go back and delete an invoice that you were not allowed to enter. 3) only having the manual on-line; if your question is not typed exactly right you can not find help. 4) the job name does not show up on qbo a/p report 5) the job name does not print on the check. 6) having to enter a separate invoice to release vendor retention 7) I wish that the subcontracts would use some kind of order, instead of just in order entered.
Kirk K.
Opeartions Manager
July 8, 2019

“Redteam PM Software”

OverallI am happy with Redteam. As Operations Manager, I have all jobs in one place and for the most part, we have everyone doing the input similarly.
ProsIt's connectivity to costs and billings. The availability of documents from the cloud.
ConsThe formatting of the documents for printing is very bad - light blue and gray fonts don't print or copy well. It also is formatted such that it uses a lot of paper to print and could be condensed. The submittal stages are very cumbersome. Better to have fewer categories to move through the approval process. It has been discussed with Redteam that there would be a more user friendly way of storing electronic files, PDFs, photos, etc. we use "issues" boxes in Dialog but it doesn't search very well. The phone app should allow access to more documents and financial audits.
July 8, 2019
Sharon S.
CO-Owner
June 19, 2019

“Professional Contractor Software - and user friendly”

OverallThis is a great center for our business for everyone to access.
ProsWhat i like most about Red Team is if something doesn't work the IT department works with you to make it work for your company.
ConsI really have not found anything i did not like
Dana W.
Controller
June 10, 2019

“Efficiencies and Increased Productivity”

OverallRedTeam has been an effective upgrade to our previous software systems. Processes are streamlined and employees are more productive overall. We have a great relationship with the team and feel that we are a valued client. Their market value can't be beat.
ProsThis software provides many efficiencies across all departments of our business. We are able to unify reporting and budgeting so that every project is done the same way. We have been able to improve our processes and procedures to be more productive and profitable.
ConsAt times changes are made overnight to the software without communications and are noticed the next morning that something looks or computes differently.
Construction, 201-500 employees
September 29, 2018

“Great for Construction Project Management.”

ProsWe are a mid-size commercial construction general contractor that uses this software. We used to use Microsoft project and this is a HUGE step up from it. I know you can use the software for estimating, bidding, and a lot of other features but we strictly use it for scheduling, submittals, and closeouts. We might use it for estimating and bidding later in the future but for now scheduling works well for us on it. You can upload all of the plans to the software in the cloud and you can also include all of the RFIs, PCRs, punch lists etc. If you are using it to manage submittals it is kind of like a Newforma for the GC end of things. Scheduling is very convenient and you can add all relevant parties to view the schedule. This is nice because everybody can see in real time if we have a delay or scheduling conflict. There are smartphone apps for this as well. Customer support is excellent on this software if you have any questions or run into any problems. I would try it out if you are needing a good construction management software.
ConsThe estimating portion of the software seemed a little buggy and difficult to understand. I'm sure it is great if you get it going but we just do not use this feature on it.

By RedTeam Software on March 6, 2019
Thank you, we thrilled to see you love RedTeam! Always happy to help!
September 29, 2018
Gary G.
March 21, 2017

“Great product and company”

OverallWe are a small company and were looking for a back office solution to help us manage the growth we were experiencing. We were frustrated with duplicating our effort and the time we wasted tracking insurance expirations, releases, duplicate invoices, etc. Most of the solutions that we found provided features that we didn't need since we use QuickBooks Online for accounting and didn't want a product that included managing that aspect of our business. I happen to come across a link to RedTeam on the QBO site and contacted them for a demonstration. It was very obvious right away that RedTeam was exactly the solution we were looking for. We could not be more pleased with our decision to go with RT. Not only do the product features fit our needs, the service and support we have received has been outstanding. This company puts forth a lot of effort providing the user with tools to get up to speed quickly and their Help Center is the best I have seen. I cannot say enough good things about RedTeam and their product and would definitely recommend it to others searching for this type of solution.
ProsIntegrates with QuickBooks Online and PlanGrid. Manages the development process from estimating to invoicing.
March 21, 2017
Terry C.
Office Admin

“Functionality”

OverallLike stated, I love the program. The best part for me has been the easy way to get around and all of the videos available for additional training.
ProsI love everything about the Red Team. It's easy, it's thorough, and I believe that it will lead the company to where it needs to be.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about the Red Team. Its been a wonderful process so far.
DOUG S.
June 12, 2019

“Close but Not Quite”

OverallVery professional and helpful.
ProsSoftware is very aligned with the construction industry and very much aligned with how General Contractors operate and they are working to make it more user friendly for the subcontractors of GC's.
ConsThe options for reports is a little limited when trying to run a report for looking at multiple jobs at one time. Not enough options to create single line reports - Seems like only detail is the only versions produced. They can be exported into Excel but then you have to spend time on each report every month to manipulate the information. They need a way to create a report and save it so that same report can be reproduced weekly, monthly, etc without manipulation.
June 12, 2019
Lou Ann S.
Director of Finance

“REDTEAM Review”

OverallJob costs
ProsIntegration into QBO and the tracking of job costs
Consreports - the detail of some reports is lacking. I would like to open and see a complete snapshot of money in/out including vendors and suppliers
Kerri R.
Business Manager
March 20, 2017

“RedTeam software is an important part of our business”

OverallRedTeam software has allowed us to have a place to consolidate all of our construction data and also the security to know it is backed up to the cloud. The entire team has embraced this software and can see the status of any project at any time. It has become an important part of our business for everything from bids to accounts payable to budgeting. The support team has also been really top notch. They clearly have a vested interest in their product and care about us being able to use it successfully. This support has been very much appreciated as we integrated this tool into our day to day operations
ProsIt has an easy to understand interface. This has allowed us to go paperless in our accounting process.
ConsIt is a new product that changes with updates. Although the updates are usually for the better it takes a bit of time to acclimate to the changes.
Recommendations to other buyersYou really have to spend time on the front end set-up and pay careful attention to the trainings to integrate this product correctly. However if you do this, then it will pay off immensely in your day to day operation.
Adam J.
July 1, 2019

“RedTeam on a Multi-Family Project”

OverallRedTeam is a good project management tool for residential projects. It is currently being used on a multi-family project and definitely has some pros, as it keeps up with agendas, meeting minutes, submittals, and other project management items. The benefits I've come across using RedTeam is that it documents everything. If on the off chance something is deleted due to user error, their support team is fantastic and pretty responsive. They can usually rectify an issue if given some additional information (i.e. when the error occured, what was deleted, etc.).
ProsIt is cloud based that can be used via web browser or on the mobile application and can be used anywhere with an internet signal.
ConsThe user interface is not fluid and user friendly with regards to daily items (i.e. RFI's, submitting multiple submittals).
Andrew F.
Owner/President
June 18, 2019

“Good tool for a small business with big goals”

OverallWe are currently using RedTeam mostly for estimating and preparing proposals. Its given us the ability to centralize our estimating process such as entering inventory items and getting pricing from subs. This has saved us a good amount of time. Looking forward to a couple "
ProsI like the fact that you can have "inventory items" saved into the system which helps a lot when putting together estimates and not having to go back and forth from word to excel when putting my estimates together anymore. Also helps a lot to be able to see the our subcontractors proposals within the same software.
ConsIt would be nice to have a bit more freedom on customizing our proposal format. I also feel that it is missing the quantities in each estimate line item. One more very helpful thing would be to have the ability to "sign" or insert a signature into the files without having to go through Docusign and in our case turning the file into a PDF signing and then having to email from another platform and not emailing through RedTeam
Guy D.
Vice President
March 20, 2017

“Cloud based construction system with user friendly theme.”

OverallWe have been using Red Team for the past 5 years, we switched from another company that had more bells and whistles however the learning curve was well over a month for new users. Its critical in our industry that Project Managers can get up to speed and move forward with managing their projects quickly. Red Team is not only a user friendly system , it also has an extremely pro-active support team that are always available. In addition, they have sat with us on numerous occasions and listened to ideas of enhancement and have worked closely with us on implementation. We recommend Red Team to any company trying to get projects managed in a professional manner with minimal learning time and at a reasonable cost.
Robert R.

“My Thoughts”

OverallExcellent customer support. They're focused on providing a great experience. It shows.
ProsIt's very well thought through. Very complete in the picture it can paint. I appreciate the fact it interfaces with GBO rather than creating a stand alone accounting engine. Now, I get the best of what's available with QBO, and RedTeam focuses on what they do best.
ConsIdentification of the various functions. Sometimes it takes a while to find a specific function. The good part, the functionality is there.
Luz Adriana C.
Managing Director
June 10, 2019

“A great managment software”

OverallIntegrate all Project managment and control is been great for the company here. It's easy access for all users and it's great to have it link with que accounting software.
Pros- Project creation, status, Submitals, RFQ, daily report, all project control in one place. - Link with other software, QBs, ADP. - Easy to navigate. - Subcontractos, Vendors and Contact evaluation integrated.
ConsIt's still missing some equipment features. There is no way to have inventory of materials, all the purchases are when it's cost for the project.
Della M.
Office Assistant
November 17, 2017

“RedTeam ”

ProsCustomer service is great. They are very friendly and want to help. If they don't know the answer they will find it for you. You can get on RedTeam from anywhere you have the internet. All your information is saved in one location. I think RedTeam will be great when it is fully implemented and all the "bugs" are worked out.
ConsHarder for some to use that are not very knowledgeable on computers. Start up of the software needs to have more one on one help. Videos and Webinars are very helpful but it would be nice to have one customer service rep that gets to know you and your company that can help you through the whole start up and not several different reps that you have to re-explain things to.

By RedTeam Software on April 2, 2019
Thank you for your comments, implementation is indeed a critical aspect to successfully adopt RedTeam. We always strive to improve and appreciate your business!
November 17, 2017
Joseph B.
VP of Real Estate
March 27, 2017

“Amazing customer service and support, a great time saving and cost tracking tool. ”

OverallHaving set up several other management software systems, I was used to poor customer service upon signing the contract. Redteam's staff changed that opinion immediately and now two years in, continue to respond in less than 24 hours, have continued to improve their online issues tracking, have great webinars for learning features, and continue to improve every aspect of their product. They were hands on in the implementation, and always followed through to make sure we were pointed in the right direction or using features properly if asked. I'd love to thank all of their staff by name, but that might take too long. Other things I loved were that there has been no staff turn over, which with some of the other vendors I deal with, has been a major issue. Once implemented, and trained your staff will love this product.
March 27, 2017
Buzz J.
Business Development
June 28, 2019

“Robust capabilities but steep learning curve”

OverallWe are still working to get it implemented, it has been a project rich environment with a thick construction schedule, leaving little time to train several of our key people. Just can't pull them off of tight schedules for now.
ProsI liked the large feature set and the cloud based model of the product. Red Team is also fairly responsive to help requests, more so than most other platforms. The training video library is very helpful, one of the most comprehensive on the market. There is quite a lot of value for the price.
ConsThe biggest negative is the learning curve issue. There are many modules and many settings. When a user first lands in the software it's like parachuting into a jungle. The modules can be glitchy at times, requiring a tweak by a coder. There are many hours of tutorial videos and that is the saving grace of the platform, however, in a busy construction environment, it is difficult to find time to train, even with the videos. Even with negatives, I have not seen a better alternative.
June 28, 2019
Matthew M.
June 10, 2019

“Project Management Made Easy”

OverallI have been using RedTeam for over two years and I have seen the progression of the software through the years. The submittal process and RFI process is very clean and can be displayed to clients in an easy to read fashion. The bidding process is super helpful & intuitive and proposals look great using the RedTeam template.
ProsI like how easy it is to organize the project from the bidding phase, to the construction phase, and to the billing/closeout phase.
ConsIf you have slow internet it will take longer to load pages.
Charlene C.
`

“Outstanding Customer Services”

OverallWe've been able to become a better company/organization with REDTEAM through the portal that allows us to consistently view our projects progress.
ProsThe customer service team is outstanding. Its instant and always accurate to the requests our firm has for them. The ease of the product is great and it has really helped us stand out among "small" contractors giving us the appearance of a larger GC in our proposals that we write.
ConsThe least thing is that compatibility with our accounting software; however I have been told that is on the schedule to be reviewed and more than likely will become a reality.
Mary D.
Project Accountant/Project Coordinator

“Best software”

ProsRedTeam really is thought out for the construction industry. Everything you need to know about your project is at your fingertips any time you want it. It tracks everything for you. You don't have your project information spread out in different folders or servers. Very user friendly. I've been using RedTeam for 9 years and can't imagine not having it.
ConsThere are a few areas that could use some improvement regarding invoices.
Gina B.
Project Coordinator
December 15, 2016

“Program does Everything”

OverallAlthough I don't use all of the available features, what I do use is good. Because of constantly updating features, when I go back into a component I don't use that often, it takes some time to figure it out. I enjoy the weekly webinars and their availability in the Help feature.
ProsEverything is in one place.
ConsScrolling down on two side bars to see everything I may need. The time it takes to set up our own documents in the configuration menu. RedTeam's numbering of our projects. I want to be able to put them in my own order.
December 15, 2016
Eileen P.
Office Manager / Accountant
July 9, 2019

“RedTeam Review”

OverallCustomer service is great! I utilitze the 'Chat with RedTeam' option when I have a question or need a problem resolved quickely. The RedTeam group is willing to assist at anytime and are great to work with!
ProsRedTeam software links with QuickBooks Online. The men in the field can enter their time from their cell phones into their timesheets.
ConsSometimes our entries made into RedTeam does not sync/link to QBO. We feel like we have to double-check our records constantly because we are afraid that our QBO will be missing information that did not transfer from RT.
July 9, 2019
Jim A.

“Vanstar (Vantage)Construction Comments”

OverallOverall good. Issues above still need to be resolved.
ProsPrepared by construction experienced people. Good features. Good support
Consgetting quotes from vendors did not work properly. Erin in our office had to request multiple times for help. Not sure all issues are resolved. Please call her. Also has scheduling program now updated from our comments a year ago? Than ks. Jim
Kent K.

“Review”

ProsIt works well for job costing for our current needs.
ConsWhen I first started using Red Team I was able to call in and talk to customer support. That has changed and now I have to submit via online customer support. I currently have an issue and it hasn't been resolved in a week's time. Customer service responses are via email so the personal contact has been removed. I had another issue several months ago that was not resolved and just forgotten on Red Teams part. I will look for new software prior to my next renewal date.
John R.
June 10, 2019

“Best Project Management Software”

OverallFinancial forecasting and risk management are the two most important task a project manager should keep under control, Redteam does a great job offering the tools to keep track and report at all levels.
ProsBoth financial and operational tools are combined for quick access to review, update and report project status.
ConsSpeed and intuitivity. Some applications can be more intuitive/friendly for the new user.
Penny S.
Executive Directot
March 20, 2017

“Habitat for Humanity Loves Red Team!”

OverallWe appreciate the in-kind donation to utilize your software. It allows us to keep a careful watch on our budget, collect our subcontractor's credentials and overall streamline the construction paperwork! Having the use of Red Team has helped our housing ministry build capacity so we can serve more families with affordable housing. Thank YOU!
ProsDaily reports, ability to get lien releases and send RFI's.
ConsNot always intuitive.
Recommendations to other buyersLooking forward to the take-off ability.
Scott M.
Senior Project Manager

“red team review”

OverallI've found the system to be fairly user friendly with a few exceptions noted above.
ProsI like the simple format and layout of the budget sheets once completed with a job set up.
Conswhen I login I'm always given the "incorrect or unknown name/password" notice to which I always just re-click and then it logs me in. This is fairly minor but a little bit of an annoyance. If you could have save or memory of based on previous use to help streamline the process that would be nice. Finally, when things need to be changed such as pay rates and descriptions of services for miscellaneous items it would be nice if that were a little simpler to adjust, especially since we often deal with different pay rates.
Hubert G.

“RedTeam is Great”

OverallOverall experience has been great. I've used most CM softwares on the market and this is by far my favorite.
ProsThe easy use and functionality of the software. I can be in touch with the project as long as i have internet!
ConsSubmittals are cumbersome but they've always been on all CM softwares i've used.
Kristin R.
Operations Manager

“RedTeam Software”

OverallOverall experience is positive. We realize no software system will be able to do 100% of the desired functionality.
Pros- project budgeting and forecasting - ability to route expenses electronically for approval. - plan room - ability to give subs access to uploading bids - electronic submittal communication
Cons- features of estimating are limited - ability to customize in some areas are limited
Robyn B.

“Awesome Tool”

OverallOverall, I have enjoyed learning and using the RedTeam system. The on-line user help portal is extremely helpful. I reached out to them constantly in the beginning of our learning journey and they always help with a great attitude.
ProsI love the single point of entry method. I also like that the entire team can use the software to make their duties and input transparent to the rest of the company via the dash board.
ConsSometimes the browser runs slow which is probably due to my computer so no real dislikes for the software.
Evan S.
June 22, 2018

“RedTeam Exceptional!”

OverallGive RedTeam some serious thought as they will be the next up and coming software to compete against the big software companies.
ProsAlways developing improvements to the software. The customer service is exceptional and always respond quickly. The platform has a lot of functionalities that really start to benefit the users once you spend some time working in RedTeam. I would highly recommend RedTeam to General Contractors such as my self.
ConsTo be honest there was no major drawbacks for me. The only thing would be the estimating tab takes a couple seconds longer to load but it might just be my setup. I simply use excel and dump the estimate into RedTeam very easily
June 22, 2018
Anita A.
June 13, 2019

“Efficient Construction Software”

OverallExtremely helpful; a team member will email me or call immediately when I need them. No question is insignificant for them to answer
ProsThe Ease of Use - all information is just a mouse click away.
ConsA bit of a tough learning curve from previous very outdated software that we were using.
June 13, 2019
JOHN M.
Chief Operating Officer
June 10, 2019

“Construction Projects Made Easy”

OverallGreat experience as the CFO even came to visit our office when in town. Excellent working relationships with customer service and overall very satisfied.
ProsThe set up and implementation and whenever I need assistance I get a prompt reply with help.
ConsThere are still items to be improved, however they take the suggestions seriously and those are usually included on the updates. Also wished it would link w/ Quickbook Desktop which is being worked on, it does currently with Quickbooks Online
Leonor B.
PROJECT COORDINATOR

“Project Coordinator”

OverallI like using redteam but their its hard when it does not allow you to log in because their are others user already. If their would be a way to remove that restrictions that would be great.
ProsCAN KEEP TRACK OF ALL YOUR PROJECTS IN ONE SYSTEM
ConsTHE LIMIT ON HOW MANY USERS AT THE SAME TIME
Recommendations to other buyersBEING ABLE TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITHOUT HAVING TO GET OUT OF THE CHANGE ORDER SYSTEM AND KEEP YOUR CHANGES