Kanbanchi Ratings

Overall

About Kanbanchi

Kanbanchi for G Suite is the only online project management / task management / collaboration software with Kanban Board, Gantt Chart and Time Tracker. Project boards with lists and cards visualise a workflow of all your tasks and activities. Collaborate with your team in real time and manage your projects visually! Learn more about Kanbanchi

Marina C.
Customer Care Supervisor
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 employees
February 21, 2019

“Instant relief for anyone searching to optimize their workflow ”

OverallWorking in a field where keeping track of fast-changing dynamics is crucial for managing the workflow in an efficient and sustainable way. As a supervisor of a team of 15 people, having an easy and understandable system to monitor daily tasks and prioritize with ease is essential to our work success. Achieving that is very much owed to this app. This software is also a great tool for our team whose work environment is 30% based on Google Drive docs and having Kanbanchi files in the familiar setting helps us navigate more easily through numerous documents we use daily. In our eyes, Kanbanchi was instantly recognized as a good marriage between G-suite habitat and a project management tool. It allows us the flexibility without overwhelming the team members and it's a really fun way to effortlessly engage the staff and control our workflows. One of the most valuable features is the automatic sharing of attachments which is making sure everyone is updated in one place by receiving email and in-app notifications about the status changes. The filters are designed in a logical way and it lets me fastly grasp who is assigned to which task and to keep an eye on due dates. Having the possibility to backup our previous activities is helpful as it allows us to quickly access our past projects and connected documents. All in all, this is a great app for anyone who wishes to be on top of all assignments share relevant info in an efficient and engaging way.
ProsThe interface is simple and intuitive and it gets the included people engaged while at the same time allowing such a clear overview of all ongoing tasks. Navigation is effortless. There is an overall sense of gratification when using this app so basically, Google built a nice software for people suffering from OCD. Result: more piece of mind and more team confidence.
ConsIntegrated chat would be a nice feature with a possibility of limiting access.
February 21, 2019
Evan K.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2017

“A refreshing project and task management tool ”

OverallI had noticed my productivity dropping as more projects and tasks seemed to pile up. I have tried multiple task and project management platforms but always found myself looking at an exhaustive list of tasks that left me anxious and without a good plan of attack for the work ahead. I sort of had an idea of how I would like my work to be organized but didn't find anything that could accommodate until I found Kanbanchi. It allowed me the freedom to device a system that works for me, which I think is the most important since everyone works in different ways. Similar to Trello, but a lot more professional, in my opinion, Kanbanchi is a KanBan style framework with a lot of great tools in an uncluttered format which has greatly increased my productivity. Each week, my email inbox is 0 because it all gets forwarded to my Kanbanchi system. Emails end up in my Kanbanchi inbox where I can categorize, set estimated amounts of time for each task (based on my customized filters), set priority levels, and group with other tasks within a project. I can then drag the task to a specific day of the week when I will want to work on it, setting up each day based on the estimated time tasks will take (knowing I like to work on more complicated longer tasks in the morning, and quick, easier tasks in the afternoon). When I now look at my workload, I just focus on each day's tasks and don't have to think about the rest knowing I will get to it when that day comes up. The customer service has been great and I take pride in knowing that they are a smaller company that can easily adapt and change the software based on my recommendations in a timely manner. I did free trials of at least 8 different software tools before deciding Kanbanchi was the right one for me. I run a small non-profit community development organization and Kanbanchi has given me peace of mind knowing that my work is organized and prioritized efficiently and effectively.
ProsExtremely flexible allowing you to create a system specifically designed to meet your own neurosis and OCD.
ConsSometimes there is a short lag when dragging and dropping items.
Recommendations to other buyersI can tell they owners are constantly improving this product and look forward to seeing how they can make it even better.
February 20, 2017
Chris M.
GIS Data Management Specialist
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2016

“Best Project Management Tools on the web!”

OverallI use Kanbanchi for just about everything from organizing my work projects to keeping track of my Christmas list! Very easy to use!
ProsEase of use and the adaptability for keeping things organized
ConsI don't like having to view the app through chrome on mobile devices - would like to see an app in the future.
Recommendations to other buyers1. It would be nice to be able to add an alias/name/id/legend for the background colors for the cards. 2. More colors for both the background and the color tags, and possibley the ability to color the card tags...? 2. A button that creates a new card, with templates that can be customized and wizard driven to set default tags, checklist items, etc. 3. I really like how kanbanchi's lists organized across the top and they can be 'closed' but it becomes cumbersome when you have many lists... I wonder about a left side menu displaying all lists with the ability to 'pin' lists open on and off the dashboard...? 4. I'm not sure how you would improve this - but I use the Activity view when My supervisor wants to know what I have worked on all week for eg. In fact I have shared the dashboard item with him and he is able to 'watch' may activity whcihc is great. Maybe the ability for filter by string, and by date, and create reports...etc.? 5. A button to 'archive' the card, kind of like how Google Inbox handles mail to be archived. Then it would stay in the list and either hidden or sent to the bottom of the list...? 6. Enterprise pricing for big and small organizations Just some suggestions for you
December 12, 2016
David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 201-500 employees
January 12, 2019

“It is indeed my Number 1 ”

ProsThis is touted as the number one Kanban app for the G Suite! I love both Kanban and Google services... and so, logically this Kanbanchi has been an easy choice for me. First, exports. I love the abiliy to export your data into a file format that can be easily used for analysis and reporting. We use Kanbanchi mainly for organizing our tasks (per person/team/priority) for the office. Easy for all team members to access and we even have a big screen on the office to see real time movement of our tasks from created to doing to done. Plus the look and feel of the app is great. Smooth as they say. Our rule is that for our tools to be easily adopted by the users/team, we need to make it simple, beautiful, and easy to use. Kanbanchi it is.
ConsNo cons so far, pretty much loving this software for our Project Management and Task monitoring use case.
January 12, 2019
Alvaro M.
Account Manager
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
March 28, 2019

“Kanban Boards Online”

OverallI love doing Kanban the Japanese way and it's made simple for me and my PM team via Kanbanchi!
ProsThanks to my Japanese friends I was introduced to Kanban boards. We used to do it via post its onto the bulletin board... until it got too crowded, and post-its stopped being sticky. So, we decided to migrate to an online/digital Kanban board. We chose Kanbanchi to complement our G Suite subscription. We display our board via a lard LED screen in the office, and Kanbanchi works well for us. We change the background often to catch people's attention and to make it more pleasant and interesting to look at. It's easy to create cards and move them around. Easy to make comments and updates on the cards or boards. The entire team can log in and update all at the same time and we are all kept aware of the changes via the notifications or just simply looking at the boards. At the end of the week, it is easy to download a spreadsheet/report of all the done or outstanding cards left.
ConsNo mobile app. Yes, accessible easily via web browser but it would be great to have a dedicated mobile app for both iOS and Android.
March 28, 2019
Robert T.
Innovation Center Facilitator
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 20, 2019

“High School Innovation Center Project Management ”

OverallIt's been great... The limited functionality of the School Version is sometimes noticed but we manage to use it in our daily workflow quite well and are grateful to everyone at Kanbanchi for creating such a great software.
ProsKanbanchi is very easy to deploy across the Google Apps Suite and get my students on-board quickly. They are already using Google Apps in their daily schoolwork do It was a painless onboarding process. It also has a easy to learn and use interface. My students were off a running in one class period. It is a great way to keep everyone on the same page and up to date on projects.
ConsTrying to convince my school administrators to pay for a ongoing license fee is not the easiest conversation to have. I would like to have a one time purchase price available.
September 20, 2019
EBIN E.
Founder & CEO
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
April 6, 2019

“Best G Suite integration tool for project management”

OverallWe can now manage our business with G Suite integration on Kanbanchi, this tool is really great. All the charts and integration plugins are readily available so that we can manage the project smoothly. Our clients are thereby happy !
ProsThe major advantage as said is the integration with Google and the ability to manage all the project details like Gantt Chart, Kanban boards etc in one place. Best and unique features that we liked is the 100% compatible with Google G Suite. The tool helps to make our team more compatible with the project needs and make them more efficient. Our all major issues faced during project management is being overcome with the use of this great tool !
ConsThe major issue is with the lack of a mobile app, they do not have iOS and Android app. This will make us to monitor the changes on web browser. Please release the app asap.
April 6, 2019
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2019

“Effective and Visual Task Monitoring Tool”

OverallOut of sight - Out of mind. Kanbanchi has effectively worked for our project team to be visually reminded of their tasks and other action items assigned to them. It is a constant motivation to move cards from the "Inbox" down to "Done" short of gamifying our task management in the office.
ProsKanbanchi is a fresh way for our team to manage to-do items visually and collaboratively. We have a project board which clearly shows how our tasks and action items are moving across the project phases. Kanbanchi is easy to use. It is quick to create a card and move it on the board. Notifications keep us in the loop to know whether a card is taking too much time or has recently been completed. Integration with our Google accounts is a plus since we didn't have to maintain a separate login account, and all our files can be shared, stored, and worked on using our office Google accounts.
ConsEverything working so far, and we love every bit.
March 29, 2019
André C.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 1001-5000 employees
November 14, 2017

“Great, functional app to connect students in project-based learning.”

Overall- Greater transparency in our group-based and project-based activities for student leadership programs. - More engaged team members, having always up-to-date information concerning project progress
Pros- Easy to connect to student Google Apps for Education accounts, which don't always allow easy access to other apps like Trello or Slack - Very functional and easy to use, all features are well integrated and the app seems very resilient - Great support, quick responses to email tickets and impressive turn around time for feature request implementation
ConsKnowing that the software continues to grow continuously and features are added, here are notes and feature requests : - the commenting section seems hard to access. We love that we can collaborate on boards, especially since it's so seamlessly connected to Google Apps. However, it's hard to discuss things within Kanbanchi. Perhaps inline messaging within comments, or a notification system for new messages within cards a user follows. - more granular permissions to allow certain users (in this case, students) to be limited in functionalities (assigning or un-assigning others to cards, deleting cards or columns, changing tags, changing wallpapers and other UI elements, etc.)
November 14, 2017
Megan B.
Program and Communications Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 26, 2019

“Renewal process needs improvement”

ProsI like being able to check off tasks, color coding, creating columns, sharing boards.
ConsThe renewal process. When our subscription was up for renewal, no reminders were sent from Kanbanchi and our entire team immediately lost access to our boards. Even an automated reminder would have saved us the trouble of being without that access for several weeks (because our admin had to get approval to renew, re-verify our non-profit status as well). At the very LEAST you should let users view their boards once renewal is up, if not able to update / use its features.
July 26, 2019
Barry F.
Teacher/Literacy Coach/Technology Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 employees
January 10, 2017

“Turned me into a hero”

OverallKanbanchi changed my life. That is a bold statement to make about an app, but I honestly believe Kanbanchi increased my quality of life. Since using Kanbanchi, I have been more productive. The intuitive user interface makes using the application a joy; I don't have to fight with clunky or awkward buttons or navigations. Also, since the app seamlessly integrates with my G Suite for education account I can use Kanbanchi with my students and coworkers. I now look like a hero.
ProsIntuitive user interface and pleasant user experience, G Suite for work integration, simplicity, basic version offers ample feature (and I still paid for a pro account)
ConsI cannot think of any cons.
Recommendations to other buyersGet it and use it.
January 10, 2017
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2019

“Best kanban board app that is fully integrated with G Suite”

OverallI really liked Kanbanchi and will choose over any other kanban board app. It is very useful for me because our organization relies heavily on G Suite. The seamless integration makes our work faster.
ProsKanbanchi is the best kanban board application I used that is fully integrated with Google Drive. - Kanban cards is highly customizable. Color can be edited. Tags and priority (Low - Critical) can be added. - Start date, due date, estimated and actual time spent can be set and recorded. - It has a clean and intuitive design. All activity in the card may be viewed in a separate tab. - Due dates may be added to Google Calendar.
Cons- No smartphone version. - Gantt chart is available only for the paid version.
May 10, 2019
Reg B.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
April 22, 2019

“Great For Managing Projects”

OverallExcellent tool for gathering all the files from other softwareare services and products using into board - eg. linking the informational task card to my google drive documents or mindmaps or pdfs - keeps a sense of order where there could be chaos flipping to other systems to find files and working accross platforms - this makes document management simple - files in other areas, links etc then moving forward with the project to completion.
ProsSimple interface Integrates with Google Drive Looks similar to Google products Cloud based Unbelievable friendly service from the team to answer my questions quickly regular updates being done The custom backgrounds add a nice feature
ConsLargely no negatives Folder/Archiving system needed Better report printing functions
April 22, 2019
Soledad M.
UX Designer
Design, Self-employed
September 11, 2018

“Kanbanchi, The best app to project management”

OverallI have a fulltime job, freelance projects and self-improvement projects, like learning new things, etc. With Kanbanchi I can organise my time, prioritise my tasks between this worlds and see the entire progress of my projects.
ProsIs without doubts the best project management app. An amazing interface, with a lot of features without the need of insert plugins and, exists perfectly in GDrive environment. Kanbanchi is a must have to organise any kind of projects from small and solo to big projects with large teams.
ConsThe solo plan with chart Gantt is a bit expensive. I'm a very organised person, and I like to scope my personal projects and plans on a timeline. I think a Gantt chart is a good reference to track the time spend, discipline and compromise. For example, I'm currently trying to lose weight: to reach my goals, I necessarily have to chunk this big goal in small ones (milestones), So, a Gantt as a reference is the best way to see my progress. Summarizing, Gantt visualisation is not just for enterprise projects, could apply to another kind of projects.
September 11, 2018
Yoseba O.
Process Manager
Sports, 201-500 employees
August 10, 2017

“Nice software for Kanban management that can be shared with your teammates.”

OverallStart working through a Kanban system work flow with my team collaborators.
ProsIt is very easy to use and the work environment is very friendly. It is integrated in Google Drive. That's really nice!!!! Their customer support answers you very quickly with the proper answer you need and they are open to explain you anything you need through the application or by e-mail. There are many options and features you can add to each task card: tags, colours, owners, comments, attachments... In addition, there are very usefull paid add-on features such as Gantt chart, subcards...
ConsThinking about a Kanban tool by itself, it would be very useful if there was a kind of time log for each task card to record the work progress, define the lead time, etc.: when you add a task card in your system, when you start working on it, when you stop it because of external issues, when you finish it... In addition, there is not a mobile app which may ease the use of this tool even if you do not have a computer.
August 10, 2017
Sharlene C.
Senior Project Specialist
Market Research, 10,001+ employees
December 6, 2016

“Great Kanban Board for Teams”

OverallKanbanchi is great and I use it with my team here at Nielsen. We use this to organize our work into planned, in progress and completed. We also have a backlog board we can use to track requests that we'd like to complete in the future. I like the the task features the most because I can add tasks and check them off as I do them. Once the tasks are done, it then changes the completion percentage.
ProsI really enjoy how easy it is to use and add new team members. I also enjoy how you can make multiple Kanban boards. Another cool feature is that the software is free for use.
ConsSometimes the software throws random errors or logs me out
Recommendations to other buyersI wish the software would auto refresh. There are times when I have to manually refresh to see the updates made by the team.
Gustavo L.
Software architect
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
September 23, 2016

“The best "Kanban" app I could find!”

OverallI have been using this app since 2015. I lead a development team and I needed a tool for Kanban purposes. The best thing of Kanbanchi is the ease of use and the overall quality. For me, keep all the stuff related with the kanban board, into my Google Drive account, is very confortable and important! I can share card between team members, and follow theirs actions.
Prosease to use, overall quality, customer support
Consthe lack of a metrics tool. But I think it could be available soon.
Recommendations to other buyersA great tool for distribuited teams. All is managed by Google Drive. Nothing is missing
Jacek T.
Head of Institute
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 23, 2016

“Usefulness and simplicty of Kanbanchi”

OverallI use Kanbanchi for managing the whole university institute. I keep track of the tasks of my employees, publishing issues, PhD students' progress and a lot of other stuff. Kanbanchi is ideal for visualizing complex projects. Due dates pushed to the Google calendar are a godsend. I also greatly value colour tags and the ease of using attachments.
ProsEasy to use, every versatile and effective, pretty fast.
ConsThe search options could be better.
Recommendations to other buyersUsing Kanbanchi you should remember that you don't have to stick to the classical kanban rules (to do; doing; done) - there are far more extraordinary uses!
Dollar L.
December 11, 2017

“We love the program and when I contacted support I received a quick and helpful response. ”

OverallWe save time tracking outstanding projects and we are able to better track the outstading tasks for our team.
ProsThe best part of this software is the ease of use and ability to share boards with anyone on our team. The process of learning how to use Kanbanchi was also very helpful.
ConsNone, we love everything about this product. If we had one recommendation for this software we would love to have a phone app that performed the same functions as the web application.
Victor A.
Project Leader
Research, 1001-5000 employees
June 30, 2017

“I am a experienced user”

OverallIts a powerful Kanban oriented tool I use for personal time management and also for collaborative work with my software development team. I like its simplicity to use and best of all is that is a powerful tool. Not an easy combination to find in a product.
ProsThe available options to color cards, the use of labels and tags far superior than similar product like MeisterTask. Also the way Kanbanchi filters the required information is really fast and give you enough granularity to show you only the what you need.
ConsEven though I usually use the app from my browser in my office, there is no mobile app, so this could be a problem for others.
June 30, 2017
201-500 employees
January 23, 2018

“I use kanbanchi every day because it is very us and easy to adapt for a few differents kind of tasks”

OverallIt makes me keep my tasks and pendings organiced
ProsIt is easy to use it every day for daily tasks, it is also perfect yo share work when you are un a team.
ConsSome great features are available only when you have payed, and it is a little bit expensive to buy ir.
January 23, 2018
October 28, 2017

“Perfect Kanban app for daily use, simple, fast, deep granularity of features, integrated with Gsuite”

OverallBetter self organization
Pros- amazing granularity to customize tasks: tag names + tag colours + card colours + priority + start date + due date + assign people + attachments + comments. This helps a lot to quickly organize work visually when dealing with different teams and different kinds of tasks - sub-tasks can be added either with sub-cards or just checklists - integrated with Gsuite (due dates with Calendar / files with Gdrive) - "related cards" feature allows to link cards between them (eg when there is a common context) - great filtering options
Cons- no mobile app yet (web browser experience on mobile is terrible) - no global search (only within a dashboard) - when a card is set to "Done", the card won't disappear from there. You have to delete it manually (and lose traceability) or create a separate dashboard for "Done Cards" and move it manually there
October 28, 2017
Alex G.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 16, 2016

“KANBANCHIII!”

OverallThis tool grouped with my Google business apps run my small business internally. I do a lot of project-based work and having the Kanbanchi helps me organize tasks, team members and execute to deadlines. I like it because it's simple, it isn't trying to be every PMP software out there. There is elegance in its simplicity and Kanbanchi can be an asset to a startup.
ProsSimplicity
ConsNeeds better integration to google docs, when uploading documents find that also need to share the doc in Google docs and Kanbanchi. It would be great that if someone is on a task the sharing rules in the Google doc automatically updated to those enabled on the dashboard or task.
Recommendations to other buyersGood luck!
December 16, 2016
Hope R.
Copywriter
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
February 18, 2017

“You Can with Kanbanchi!”

OverallWe use Kanbanchi as a tracker and monitoring tool for our team's workload. Very basic usage of it, I would daresay - but it's a very streamlined and EASY to use tool. It's very visual, UX is very straightforward and natural, that a monkey can use it right away. It's very helpful to our team and makes everything very efficient and organized! :)
ProsSimplicity and ease of usage.
ConsThere's a limit to how much cards a team can make
Recommendations to other buyersIf you can partner it with Slack, maybe? :)
Marc T.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2016

“Everyone loves it!”

OverallSimply the most enjoyable experience of all the available options. The regular updates introduce great features and the google drive integration is awesome!
ProsGreat UI. Google drive integration / attachment management. Markdown on cards. Extensive tagging and filtering options.
ConsNo android app (yet) but it's on the roadmap. No overview of progress across boards.
Recommendations to other buyersHaving used many PMS's over the years, Kanbanchi shines as a fast, deceptively simple platform to manage a range of projects. I've yet to discover any reporting tools or project summaries but given the speed of progress and regular updates I'm sure it won't be long before they are added.
September 30, 2016
Zandro Z.
Investment Banker
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Kanbanchi is an innovative tool to create Kanban boards”

Overallteam productivity and communication are optimised thanks to this tool. Project tracking and reporting is enhanced.
ProsIt is a very good tool that is integrated with Google Drive. You can create Kanban cards that are highly customisable with different colors, tags, and priorities. Start and due dates, estimated and actual time spent can also be set and recorded. Since it is fully integrated with Google, due dates may be added to Google calendar.
ConsThere is no app yet available for your smart phone. The software comes at a price. You would eventually need to pay for the software. It also only works in a google cloud environment which means that your team or organisation must be using google suite first.
September 30, 2019
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 29, 2019

“top Kanbanchi suggestions ”

OverallImprovement: - paid version for work emails and not personal. I think it would make more sense to take an approach much more like HubSpot - free for everyone however features are limited (users, boards, integration etc). Get people hooked to a point where they want to upgrade, too many free project management tools that people will use otherwise. growth: - more integration features. pick platforms that everyone is already using and you arent going to compete with (hubspot or go cardless etc) - abit clunky: make it easy to edit (simple click on text) and drag and drop options - template data base (use Wix as an example) thanks! happy to offer more suggestions
Pros- multiple tabs - copy and paste cards - integration
Cons- cost - slow loading and laggy - clunky when setting up boards and cards
April 29, 2019
Ellie K.
Project Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
June 3, 2019

“Great app and easy to use”

OverallIt was a great tool to assist with a large scale roll out of hardware
ProsReally easy to use and set up. It had great filtering functionality and sorting tools such as the tag labels and colours
ConsThe pricing - this was introduced whilst I was halfway through a large project and the service was taken away from me
June 3, 2019
Norbert T.
Project Manager in Geoinformatics
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2017

“Project management the Japan way”

Overallintern team and project management and organisation keep the overview time-scheduling
Prosorganise, prioritise, time-schedule and delegate your tasks within your team, separate tasks into subtasks, bring related cards of your colleagues together to keep the overview, change notofications, fully google integration
Consunfortunately all specifications which can be classified can only be filtered seperately for every specification itself, due dates in done tasks show up in the notification pane
October 4, 2017
Rodrigo L.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
October 4, 2016

“Perfect for all kind of projects ”

OverallKanbanchi is peefect to control all kind of projects. In my case, works todo control personal activities and small engeeniering projects.
ProsShare and cooperative work
ConsInformación can't use it onda my mobile phone
October 4, 2016
Sara F.
Admin
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
December 11, 2017

“Been using it for a few months and it's helped me lots”

OverallA simple and easy to use collaborative project management tool.
ProsI love its integration with G Suite, as my team and I use it for everything so all are files are there. Their support team is efficient and nice, which is another plus. So far, I've only used their free features and I've managed quite satisfactorily.
ConsOne of the paid functionalities (subcards) I'm interested can only be purchased when buying other features that arent that attractive to me.
John R.
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
December 10, 2017

“Great, responsive customer service”

OverallAn organisation-wide sharing/ collaborating PM tool
ProsThe way its evolving; the team are very reactive to feedback and requests. It's easy to use for most people.
ConsCurrently no milestones in Gantt view/ currently no way to duplicate cards to be managed across more than one board - this would be extremely useful for me if they were to introduce it. However, as they've recently improved the way you move cards I reckon it's only a matter of time.
December 10, 2017
Alejandra C.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 5, 2017

“Customer Review”

OverallUsing Kanbanchi has helped the productivity of our business. It keeps the communication flowing through most of our departments. It has been very easy to use. The only problem we have that it is not being able to see some of the tabs unless someone else clicks on them. This could be a temporary problem, but we have missed important jobs because it did not show up. We have to constantly be reloading the page.
ProsIt is really user-friendly. All of our members are on it, and it works great for everyone.
ConsIt has been having a couple of delays. The changes made on some projects don't show up right away until someone else clicks on them.
Recommendations to other buyersMaking sure that everything uploads instantly to all users.
January 5, 2017
Vijayalakshmi B.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2016

“Small business owner”

OverallWe use Kanbanchi for organizing our orders for our small business. It is extremely useful. The main drawback we have is that Kanbanchi does not have a mobile app and so we are stuck to carrying our laptop everywhere to view it. If it had a mobile app the convenience for an use would double.
ProsEase of use and UI
Consnot having a mobile app
Recommendations to other buyerskeep the features like send an email to create a card free for atleast 6 months for small businesses. most of the time as small business we would need to try it to figure out if we would like to pay for the feature.
October 12, 2016
Leonardo Jr F.
System Adminisrator
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees

“Task Administration”

Overallless effort for team to assign a task,schedule, in progress task. Easy to drag the the kanban card and mark as done. Kanban card use the entire organization to see what are they need to work as well individualy
ProsDrag and drop card
Consnone
Recommendations to other buyersIntegrate to Microsoft product specially on outlook
Cédrick V.
November 28, 2016

“Kanbanchi helps me not to overload my brain !”

OverallAs an unemployed man but busy with building new projects with various people and organizations, i'm using Kanbanchi every day to follow how everything is going on. Kanbanchi is very versatile and easy to use so it allows me to create and arrange my Kanban cards the way i'm thinking it would help me efficiently. I've determined "tasks cards" and "ressources cards" involved in the project so as to note what's new with those contacts and how they help in the the process. I use "check List function to note and date what was done with those ressources (phone, mail, etc...), and add what was said in the card descritption. A general "Project card" allow me to determine the tasks/steps of the project and to gather or link (Google Drive) all useful documents needed to achieve the tasks and the project). That's how i'm using Kanbanchi at the moment, and it's great, with a modern, clear and warm design. The team at Kanbanchi is very easy to contact. The support is efficient and people are nice, attentive and answer you with personal advices, really trying to find solutions for you (and not driving you to an hundred FAQ list where you are supposed to find an answer to your problem ...). Thanks Yana and Olga.
November 28, 2016
Ben B.
Operations Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
April 2, 2019

“Kanbanchi ”

OverallFantastic, works with no issues.
ProsEasy of use and flexibility that can be used for so many different applications.
ConsIt is a bit lose, security and editing level wise. Anyone can mess it up and change things at any level. I mean important things. Some things can be only changed by admin however the access level should be a lot more detailed.
April 2, 2019
Paulo R.
Product management
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
February 24, 2019

“Great app that includes some useful features Trello doesn't have”

OverallGreat app with lots of potential, but with no mobile app.
ProsLove how it's got some native good customization features that Trello doesn't (you'd need Power-Ups, which are not free). You can colour cards, make subtasks with different timing set for each one (so when you tick one lengthy subtask, it shows a bigger percentage of the card as done), and some other small but quite useful features.
ConsThe #1 reason I quit using Kanbanchi (and told the staff about that several times) is the fact that they didn't prioritize making a mobile app or mobile-friendly site. Not even a simple-yet-useful optimized or mobile site. No way of taking making cards on the go (or adding some important update) before you forget (or have to resort to reminders). It's a great app if you're only using it at work and don't need to take notes on the go, but on the contrary, it might not be a good option. The #2 reason is that the pricing isn't quite freelancer & student friendly in my opinion... And it hasn't got many external integrations. But that's sort of okay.
February 24, 2019
Elie E.
IT MAnager
June 8, 2017

“Helps organize my work, but can be improved”

OverallOrganizes my big projects who have similar tasks. Saves me from tracking on a spreadsheet.
ProsCards turn red on the day they are due, but hey should turn a different color the day before they are due. This helps organize all of my big projects. I like that i can have a few tabs open in chrome, and if i change something in one, it auto changes in another. Customer support has been responsive, but not sure if they took any of my recommendations to actually change the software. I like that i can customize and use my own backgrounds for each board. I love the task/checkllist feature, i do recommend we are allowed to enter a date for any of the items in the checklist, if they have a due date. Thanks!
Consnotifications, and not easy to mark complete, or read, and they still stay in the list even after i dismiss them. The week starts on monday when we try to choose a day, when standard is sunday. we should be able to choose. The filter does not remember my last saved filter selections, and i have to choose them again every time. And please let us have more than 3 tabs/boards on the bottom. Making us open a new tab in chrome should not be the answer. When i enter a description, it does not auto save, it should. If i type info in there, and click or alt tab to another program and come back, everything is gone. That is the most annoying piece.
Alex T.
IT Manager
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
February 17, 2017

“I can not live without it”

OverallThe theory behind Kannan is awesome, now the ability to have this digital with kanbanchi, working anywhere, with the team, combined with Google Suit, couldn't be any better, and with the continue growing of features is always getting better, the real time web app make things work great for me and my team.
ProsEasy to use, easy to share, easy to manage, connects with Google Suit
ConsI will like to have more colors categories
Aubrie A.
Communications Analyst in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Higher Education, Unspecified
March 29, 2018

“One place for all of those little to-do items (or bigger tasks!)”

ProsThe integration with Gsuite makes it easy to attach anything stored in drive and put events to my calendar. I love the visual interface. It's so satisfying to drag tasks to the 'done' section! Also, the percentage done feature is great. It's like a mini project plan.
ConsI wish there was a little more customization allowed with the integrations. I would like to be able to push notifications to my calendar for a customizable time each day, for example. I have to switch it to 7AM every time so it doesn't block off time on my calendar that people can't schedule with me. Also, I wish you could just add a link (we use box as well as drive) instead of having to attach a file via drive.
March 29, 2018
Marie B.
business owner
June 8, 2017

“I really like using Kanbachi to keep my projects visual and organized”

ProsThe visual cards. It helps me organize things well. I also like the function of being able to attach documents to the cards.
Consthe gantt chart is more cumbersome. It doesn't allow for adjusting the time line from daily to weekly or even monthly. It would be great since I have several projects that are more than a year's time frame and so looking at it from a monthly time frame in gantt view would be super helpful. I'd also like to have more colors available for additional color coding.
Scott J.
Senior Mobile Engineer
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
February 17, 2017

“Kanbachi helps my small app business”

OverallI love Kanban and Kanbachi makes keeping organized for my small company easy and intuitive. I love how I can access my Kanban board from wherever I am!
ProsCloud based, access anywhere
ConsNone so far!
Felipe A.
Developer
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
February 17, 2017

“LOVE IT, VERY RECOMMENDED”

OverallI am very pleased to use the kanbanchi. Even though I did not use the program in a paid way, the support was answered and it was super attentive that even help me solve a problem that was not even kanbanchi but from my network that was blocking their address.
Proseasy to use easy to gerecial view easy to organize easy to track easy for everthink
Susan Y.
Strategy Manager
August 12, 2019

“not sure what I'm supposed to write in here.”

ProsDrag and drop feature. The Gantt chart view. I rarely use the Kanban view. The Gantt chart helps me to see how on track I am for various projects and when it's expired. Then I would only go into the individual cards to update info where needed.
Consthe zoom feature. It's OK for now but it's a bit clunky. I'd like to be able to easily view only the information I want and quickly view and access it. If this piece was easier, I might login more to update and move my cards instead of only updating it later. I like the idea of dependencies between tasks but it looks awkward on the screen.
August 12, 2019
Ignacio D.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2016

“Great Project Management Tool!”

OverallWe've been using Kanbanchi for almost a year now. We use it to keep track of our in-house projects. We have several team members using it and it's been great to help us keep focused. We use Google Apps and it's been great that it syncs with our Google Drive. WE LOVE IT and highly recommend it!
ProsGoogle Drive integration and the ease of use.
C. J. G.
Technical Account Manager
December 22, 2016

“Almost Perfect!”

OverallKanban-chi is an excellent project management application. It is very easy to use, almost fully customizable, and very visually organized and appealing. I would high recommend this to any project management professional who wants to keep track of their work with ease and accuracy. The are constantly making improvements and are receptive to requests and inquiries.
Pros- Ease of Use - Organization and Simplicity - Customizable
Cons- Some Minor Instability - Could Be More Customizable
December 22, 2016
Sunil S.
Program Manager
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 23, 2016

“Kanbanchi - meets my needs and then goes above and beyond”

OverallI decided to use Kanbanchi after spending a lot of time researching a project management solution for a not for profit. The feature set in Kanbanchi is rich and the additions roadmap looks well thought out. The interface is easy to use and can be taught to anyone with basic computer navigation skills. My interactions with support have been stellar. Support comes across as kind and prompt in responding with accurate information to queries.
ProsFeature set - primarily changing backgrounds for different projects. Email tasks to dashboard.
ConsThe card for "Done" or "Doing" does not move straight across but right under the card in that category. Not a huge issue but took some trying to figure out.
Dennis C.
Director, Plans and Technology
Defense & Space, 201-500 employees
October 5, 2017

“It is now becoming my "go to" project management tool within the Google GSuite environment.”

OverallI like the light weight feel of the product and the flexibility for defining individual business rules based on the type of board required. I'm not locked into a "scrum" or "kanban" only set of rules.
ProsThe ability to establish board business rules based on need. I have used it for projects, business workflows, etc. I also like the light weight feel of the application. It is so much better than some of the more "heavy" products in the same category.
ConsWould like to see functionality built in to share boards via Google Team Drive. Currently, I (or other PMs) must share via their own Drive space.
October 5, 2017
Curtis C.
Teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2017

“Powerful, Flexible, Does not impede creativity”

OverallAbility for teams to manage projects without sacrificing creativity due to unnecessary constraints. The perfect balance.
ProsVery flexible, allows individual teams the ability to organize projects as they see fit. The framework is loose enough that teams are not bogged down by the software. Integration with Google Apps is deep. Very easy to use with minimal training. Weighting tasks, tags, and email reports are great tools we use daily
ConsI understand, but I wish subcards were free. The lack of a native mobile app is limiting. But overall it is perfect for our needs
September 18, 2017