Mad Mimi Ratings

Overall

About Mad Mimi

Email newsletter creation tool that helps with newsletter templates, custom interface, style-design approach and more. Learn more about Mad Mimi

Eric S.
Manager of Mails, Webmaster, Concert Instigator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 3, 2016

“Easy, but with more than meets the eye”

OverallI "inherited" MadMimi when I took over communications for the Ozark Arts Council and, having managed email lists for over 20 years now, I wasn't originally all that thrilled. Getting information that had to get sent out 1) quickly AND 2) attractively, however, made me start to appreciate MM, though. To be able to have a slick little newsletter with photos from an upcoming play or concert in just a few minutes is massively important when most of the people putting things together are volunteers with full time jobs and families unrelated to the Arts Council (as do I). The software is entirely web-based, which means that sometimes when a new feature is introduced it may not quite look right in Safari, but probably will in Chrome but even then, since there are not a lot of standard layout options (TOC, Section Title, Text, Image + Text, Text + Image, and Image), you can still compose well enough. Usually, anything I've seen that way is cleared up in a day or so. I have composed in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on a Mac, Chrome on a Chromebook, Firefox and Chrome while running Ubuntu, Firefox and IE under Windows, and it's a consistent experience as web-based software should be. One thing: since it IS web-based, you have to remember to save often. Text styling options can be keyboard-invoked (bold, italic), and there are both a variety of themes that can be used and some basic formatting (centered text, ordered and unordered lists, two levels of headings), as well as a link tool (setext links, rather than HTML). For the most part, that will take care of what you need for e-newsletters that don't need to be PDFs or fully functioning web pages. Yet, that's not all it can do, if you have basic HTML knowledge. Before they provided a TOC (self-created whenever you click on the TOC tool in a Title section), you could make your own (still can) by setting an anchor and then calling it from a text section at the beginning of the document. Similarly, if you need "columns," you can fake it by creating a table in a text section, etc. Not all HTML is likely to be supported, but then again, what you're creating is supposed to be read easily within an email app, not a web browser. Beyond composition, you are paying for a list server that sends quickly, provides good statistical information (who clicked which links, etc.), and keeps you from having to deal with maintaining an email server's "reputation." Facebook allows boosting linked MMs, even when mostly text.
ProsEase of use; able to customize with HTML; acceptability to Facebook for advertising even when mainly text.
ConsLack of automatic save.
Recommendations to other buyersPretty much all in the review itself.
November 3, 2016
Sharilee S.
Self-employed
March 30, 2018

“Absolutely Amazing Customer Service”

OverallHighly recommended if you are new to the internet or your needs are simple. Hands-down, they make it the easiest! If you are trying to expand, you may find it hard to stick with them, depending on your needs.
ProsThis is one of the friendliest companies I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The customer service agents are always available, any time of the day or night and they really try to help you. It is extremely easy to use: when I started, I knew absolutely nothing and I learned so much from them. The service is always reliable and the interface is so fun, which I love! They also a big list of integrations and add-on's which make the service even more appealing.
ConsI find it is limited in some areas. For example, you can only use one set of social media icons, even for different lists. Also, there is no way you can use segmented lists, based on what someone clicks on, which is a good feature.
March 30, 2018
Angélica C.
June 7, 2018

“Perfect for small bloggers or business with fun personalites”

ProsMad Mimi has the most friendly interface in all email marketing niche. It's easy to set up in minutes. It has a personal touch feel to the emails that customers seem to like very much. The price is another interesting feature, It's perfect for people who are starting or don't have the need for custom segmentation or advanced analytics.
ConsIt does not escalate well. There is no way to have a decent or automatic user segmentation without having to contact support. You can't have two or more list with different user without setting information for the whole account. You'd need more than one account to keep them entirely separate. Also, and this is ridiculous, if you start an automation you need to ask the support to not send it to the active users. This should be an option in the dashboard.
June 7, 2018
Jackie B.
May 31, 2017

“BEST Email Marketing Campaign Tool - For Actionable Results!”

ProsSuper EZ to design a campaign & rapidly A/B test for results in small batches, then a full-on campaign. Let's face it - no one wants to receive NOR send spam, so you want a tool that's fast & easy to do a lot of testing. Campaign results show you exactly which links INSIDE you campaign were engaged with vs no one cared about. This is s-o-o much better than smarter than "opens" and "received". I test everyday for two weeks, tweak as needed until I get what I get now: 100% recieved, 70% engaged/forwards and of those fowards 60+% viewed too! PLUS ZERO "Report Spam"s. Pricing on serious volume can't be beat. Suggest you check out their Paid Plans too as they are clearly designed for email campaign success. Support is exceptional EX: They go far beyond "getting things to work technically" These guys really are experienced technical marketers and listen to what you are trying to achieve - as they make suggestions on How To...etc..
ConsHonestly, I can't find one........ I even gave them a couple of roadmap ideas,becuase I'm pretty creative too, but those aren't cons.
May 31, 2017
KRISTI V.
Co-Owner
March 31, 2018

“Mad Mimi has been a lifesaver!! We don't know how we functioned without Mad Mimi, such a huge help!”

OverallWe love Mad Mimi!! We are able to create emails to our customers & clients that go out as a "drip". Mad Mimi gives us a professional look to our emails that go out to our customers & clients. We are able to use Mad Mimi to collect email addresses through our website. We have been able to target certain groups within our email list...it is very easy to customize for your own use!! Their customer service folks are top notch!! Quick to answer our questions!!
ProsMad Mimi is incredibly easy to use. You do not have to be a computer geek to understand how it works!! Mad Mimi has provided another level of professionalism for our business!! We look like savvy pros (when we really aren't!!)) The pricing is VERY reasonable as well. When there is an issue with something we are not sure about, their customer service is great about getting back to us!
ConsOur emails sometimes end up in people's junk mail....not sure that Mad Mimi can fix that or not, though!!
March 31, 2018
Abigail S.
Managing Partner
Computer Software, Unspecified
December 22, 2017

“Great Email Service”

OverallEasy Emailing and newsletter service to my customers
ProsI love the drip campaigns, I can set up emails to be sent in an order a few days apart or how I need it. I like how easy the email templates are to setup and email out. Very user friendly.
ConsI'm not a fan of how I can't organize my pictures. Very small pictures and it only shows a few at a time. There is no logic emailing yet. I can't send a single email from one of my drips as a one time email. I have to re-create it in my promotions.
December 22, 2017
Shannon C.
Virtual Support Specialist / Owner
November 14, 2017

“Madmimi offers a solid email marketing product at a great price. ”

OverallMad Mimi is a great basic email service provider. There aren't many bells or whistles, but the quality is great. The customer service is amazing and navigating the site is a breeze.
ProsIf you are looking for a good quality email service without a lot of fancy bells and whistles to slow you down, then Mad Mimi fits the bill. The site is easy to navigate, accounts are super simple to set up, and creating a newsletter is as simple as 1-2-3-SEND. Customer service has always responded quickly and gone the extra mile to resolve issues. offer tips or point you in the right direction.
ConsIn comparison to other email service providers, email templates are limited as well as sign-up form options.
November 14, 2017
Alli H.
Manager, Customer Marketing
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
June 1, 2019

“Great Tool for Mass Email Marketing”

ProsFirst email marketing tool I've used and was very easy to learn. You can clearly see stats on how well a campaign performed (unique clicks, click map, open rate, etc) and even compare campaigns.
ConsNo ability for time warp (ex: send emails to be received at 8AM local time vs sending at 8AM EST). Once you're on the Details/Recipient screen, there's no ability to go "back" to edit the promotion without starting from scratch in the search. Promotions seem to disappear from main page, even when actively working on them, so sometimes can be time consuming to go back and search for what you were working on. It would be great to have different sections - draft mode, sent, etc - without needing to search each time. I also don't like how when searching for promotions, clicking the"enter" button on the keyboard clears your search - nitpicky but counterintuitive.
June 1, 2019
O. Kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 employees
May 2, 2019

“Great For Start-ups ”

OverallHelps me build healthy customer relationships and make more money doing so. I recommend for start-ups.
ProsI was looking for q cheap and efficient email marketing software and Mad mini came up in the list of recommendations. I gave it a shot and I wasn't disappointed, when starting a new business one should consider cost of operations so as not to get frustrated and give up when there are no worthy results yet. Email marketing was needed for what I wanted to do and I needed a cheap and reliable one so as to get off the ground quickly, and I'm happy I found Mad mini.
ConsI don't expect much more than the price I pay, although some improvements could still be made. I'm okay with it for now until I can afford moving to a more powerful service.
May 2, 2019
Angelica C.
Blogger
Internet, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Excellent for beginners”

OverallI really recommend it if you have a specific type of audience or like to send long text letters.
ProsMad Mimi's interface is really intuitive and friendly. The price range is just on point for beginners, considering the value you're getting.
ConsThere are some features missing. Things that are already standard in other providers, you have to ask the support to do it for you.
March 6, 2019
Jonathan W.
June 8, 2017

“Great marketing tool , with potential.”

ProsMad Mimi, is one of the mailing softwares that we use for our media and it's not too shabby. The system allows the intergration of outside materials which is great and also allows us to give clear consise and clean emails.
ConsOne of the thigs I am not a fan of when it comes to Mad Mimi is that the system at times can be a bit glitchy which can cause work to be deleted , also customer service could be a bit better.
June 8, 2017
John W.
Sports, Self-employed
May 24, 2019

“Not Bad For A Small List”

ProsWe used this for a few years when we had a really small list. It worked well. It was inexpensive and easy to use. It's pretty basic in its features which made it easy to keep the emails consistently branded.
ConsBecause it was so basic, you couldn't do anything fancy within the software. For example, you could not embed a video in the email. You had to take a picture and link to it vs linking the video straight into the email. It's not a huge deal but I like being able to do that with MailChimp.
May 24, 2019
Retail, 51-200 employees
October 11, 2019

“Good Software, but sometimes have troubles”

ProsI like most, that it is super easy to set up an email campaign, even without having HTML / CSS knowledge.
ConsI had it some times in the past, that scheduled emails where just not sent and just disappered.
October 11, 2019
Jordan P.
Managing Member
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
May 22, 2018

“Good Email Marketing Platform”

ProsI started using Mad Mimi when I was first setting up my personal blog and was looking for a way to keep in contact with my followers. Luckily a friend told me about Mad Mimi, and I've been hooked ever since!
ConsSome of the integration features don't always work as smoothly as I wish but I think that could be just because wordpress has its moments at times.
May 22, 2018
Declan D.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 17, 2017

“Mad Mimi is typical of old email software designed for the desktop age, functional but not updated.”

OverallEmail blasts were easy and delivered well. If you manage emails the old way, just blasting lists and setting up a few autoresponders, it works. Yet today myself and clients need more than that, we need ways to segment and to tag, to optimize by people's actions. There's a little of that here, but not much.
ProsIt's an easy tool to set up email blasts and autoresponders, The interface is pretty easy to use and organizes by email lists, like the old days. Deliverability has been excellent, which is a key part of any email service.
ConsIt's dated - things like tagging, responding to visitors behaviors (aka visiting a page and sending an email) are non existent. The design is centered on email lists, which limits functionality. I've also done a few clones of marketing followups that got a bit wonky, because while you can set them up, you have to go in individually to different data fields to update them. Old email software was designed this way, and while not a flaw, it's definitely behind the times. If you need something simple, it's great.
August 17, 2017
Amelia R.
Social Media Manager
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
April 13, 2019

“Mad Mimi is an excellent service!”

ProsMad Mimi is an excellent service that allows me to effectively execute tasks at work. Specifically, I use Mad Mimi to distribute my weekly newsletter, and their service makes it possible to easily create and send the information to my database of contacts.
ConsThere are no cons that I have experienced as a user of Mad Mimi!
April 13, 2019
Jonathan W.

“Mad Mimi works wonders”

ProsI really enjoy that with Mad Mimi's pre assembled templates , it's easy to create marketing emails quickly and easily without the hassle of learning software and such. Additionally the platform is also very file compatible which makes adding features a breeze
ConsThe only co I had with mad Mimi was that the software didn't do a very good job with distinguishing its free and paid features which made navigation a bit of a hassle at first but other than that I like what can be accomplished with mad Mimi.
Jacqueline L.
Media Design
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
February 16, 2018

“Very good, basic email marketing service”

OverallOverall, a very good product if you are just looking for a simple elegant email marketing service.
ProsSimple to use, elegant design, good user interface. Great customer support. Was exactly what we needed at the time. Also, affordable!
ConsPretty simple service, nothing too fancy. Can't sort constituent lists and not many features for upgrading or managing groups.
February 16, 2018
November 27, 2017

“Very user friendly and easy to customize”

OverallVery user friendly, helped us save so much time on emailing clients
ProsExtremely user friendly, many customizable templates to choose from, helpful customer service, seriously the easiest email service to use!
ConsReally not much to add here because we love using this product. Would be nice to have some more templates to choose from.
November 27, 2017
Michelle C.
Senior Executive Recruiter
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
March 8, 2018

“Mad Mimi: Email Marketing”

OverallBecause the emphasis of Mad Mimi is deliberately on 'simplicity', it's very easy to use, and shouldn't put off newcomers to email marketing. A good range of integrations with other apps and a free trial is available.
ProsMadMimi has simple but stylish email newsletter template. Their feature makes it easier for clients to create, send, track and share their newsletters.
ConsUnlike other email marketing software, MadMimi does not provide the user with a range of templates to choose from.
Angela W.
Owner, Founder
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
November 10, 2017

“Very Easy To Use And Awesome Customer Service”

ProsMy favorite thing about Mad Mimi is how easy it is to use. They make it so simple that you can't even mess up templates (even if you want to). Unlike many other email marketing companies, they also make it fun and have very quick, friendly, and helpful customer service reps.
ConsI don't like that you can't embed a video into an email. And while I enjoy the simplicity of the format, I do wish there were a few more options for styles and layout.
November 10, 2017
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2019

“Simple E-Mail Software For Beginner”

OverallIn general, I think it is a solid solution to get started with E-Mail-Marketing. But once your needs increase and get more specific, I definetly would recommend some more advanced tools.
ProsIt does the job, you can set up email campaigns easily and schedule them etc. We never had serious issues with the reliability.
ConsWe used madmimi for many years and in comparisons to other tools, there were not many updates / new features etc. during this time. I also don't like their user-management, as it is quite complicated and gives you just some basic editing options.
October 16, 2019
ANTONIS D.
Photographer
Photography, Self-employed
July 9, 2018

“A great tool for creating newsletters! Love it. ”

OverallTo design and customize newsletters for my clients.
ProsEasy to use, fun and friendly environment. You can adjust the size of the Images and text, and import digital files to your layout.
ConsThere should be more templates and themes available. Also there should be an option to add a GIF file and video files for a better client experience.
July 9, 2018
Michelle K.
Photographer
Photography, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 19, 2019

“Excellent Service!”

ProsThis is a simple yet elegant email marketing service that I am happy to have implemented into my business! I use Mad Mimi to send out a weekly newsletter to my photography clients. Simple design and easy to use interface. They're customer service reps are also very willing to help and answer any issues you may be having with EASE.
ConsI only wish there were more template options. But for what I use it for I don't think having a wide variety is so necessary.
August 19, 2019
Stephanie Watson .
March 5, 2013

“Email Marketing Made Beautiful”

OverallMad Mimi is known for how easy the graphics tools are. Creating an email with your own artwork and templates, or theirs, is fast and produces eye-catching results quickly. They will store all of your images for free indefinitely. Everything you need to put an opt-in box on your website so people can sign up for your emails is provided.
Pros- List management is uncomplicated. - All the features are on one page, easy to find. - All the features are on one page, easy to find - Scheduling follow-up emails is done with a few clicks. - You can put together segmented campaigns easily.
March 5, 2013
Norie W.
Stationery Designer + Hot Stamp Foil Printer
Design, Self-employed
July 26, 2019

“A cute charming email software”

ProsI love the ease of use and how you can drag and drop your elements of this software. Great for designers and people who hate clunkiness.
ConsThe cost! I just wish there were cheaper options to use this.
July 26, 2019
Beth S.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“Set up your own drip campaign”

ProsMad Mimi does an excellent job of teaching users about the nuts and bolts of email marketing. I set up my first drop campaign quickly using Mad Mimi.
ConsMad Mimi offers few design choices for interactive elements such as clickable buttons.
August 6, 2018
Derek M.
Sales Executive
March 5, 2018

“Mad Mimi is an awesome email marketing tool”

ProsGreat design templates, very easy to work with right out of the gate. Software makes sending an email a breeze.
ConsI would have preferred a larger contact list for the free version, but I'm cheap. For what you get for free, it's pretty sweet.
March 5, 2018
debra s.
marketing
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Great for personal or at work! Love Mimi!”

ProsUse for church, Rescue dog support, and many other organizations I sit on!
ConsAbsolutely nothing, as you get what you pay for and we get more!!!
December 4, 2018
Ashley C.
Assistant manager
October 9, 2018

“Professional look and easy to use”

ProsThis software is easy to use and is very affordable.
ConsAfter 2 years of using this software, I cannot think of anything I dislike about it.
October 9, 2018
Gene A.
January 14, 2016

January 14, 2016
Paula M.
November 21, 2016

“Excellent customer service trumps”

OverallI've been with Mad Mimi for several years. Their system is easy to use, the price is excellent for what you get. The few times I have considered going elsewhere brings me right back to MadMimi. Their customer service is outstanding. I have even had them respond to me in the middle of a weekend!
November 21, 2016
Heidi M.
COO
August 20, 2018

“Comparable to other similar products”

ProsEasy to use GUI. Functionality as expected
ConsThere is significant latency in syncing Promotions. Also, templates for mobile do not function as expected. MadMimi has good customer supposed as live chat is enabled most of the business day.
August 20, 2018
Steve W.
February 1, 2017

“Great system”

OverallEasy to use, great templates, great value. We have used Mad Mimi in the past and it is a great system.
February 1, 2017
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Simple and great for new companies”

ProsMad Mimi is so simple and great for small companies! Their free plan creates professional emails with pre-made templates.
ConsIt would be great to have more templates! A/B testing would be helpful as well.
February 6, 2019

March 23, 2016
Jerry B.
February 13, 2017

“A nice program”

OverallHello, We have been using Mad Mimi for a couple months and so far it is great. We love the templates and the step by step instructions. We feel it has alot to offer as our company grows.
February 13, 2017
Samuel T.
Digital Marketing Executive
Utilities, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2019

“Not Too Satisfied”

OverallWell, it has helped in creating fast emails that don't require too much design but still doesn't meet my user expectations.
ProsI love how easy it is to set up an email campaign running in no time.
ConsThe templates designs are very poor and customizing a template (colour, layout, etc) is too limited and difficult.
May 3, 2019