Lessonly Ratings

Overall

About Lessonly

Lessonly is powerfully simple learning management software that helps teams learn, practice and do better work. We are used by 2 million learners at more than 600 leading companies including Trunk Club, Ibotta, U.S. Cellular, and Zendesk to share knowledge and reinforce best practices. Not to mention, increasing productivity and cutting onboarding time in half. Other features include: easy-to-use lesson creation, insights to track metrics & coaching functionality to give feedback at scale. Learn more about Lessonly

Ruben V.
Head of Training
November 13, 2016

“Lessonly is the most intuitive LMS out there!”

OverallDue to the growth of our company, we needed a Learning Management System (LMS) that would help onboarding all the new hires. Before we used a powerpoint presentation, but that wasn't maintainable nor scalable since we have multiple offices around the world. That's why we started looking for a web-based LMS that was very easy to work with, both for the administrator creating content as for the users doing the online courses and quizzes. And if possible with a very simple yet slick design. After some research we found Lessonly and it checked all the boxes. And now we are not using Lessonly just for onboarding new hires, we are also using it to train existing employees. Each department within Bynder has a specific team member that creates lessons and quizzes. Since it is soo simple to create / edit content, my life as an administrator maintaining it is also very easy. Every day I receive an email with all the lessons that have been completed by our colleagues. But I also receive notifications if some colleagues have missed their deadline. Last thing I would like to point out is the great service we get from our Client Experience Manager. Whenever I send an email, I always get a reply within a few hours. When I ask a question, I always get an answer. Or sometimes even better, an instant solution! When I request a conference call, my client Experience Manager is always available to catch up, discuss the feedback I have received from our new hires (who are very enthusiastic about our online Training Centre) and talk about new road map features. Several times I came up with suggestions that later I could explain in detail to their VP of Product - everything to make their product better and therefore my experience. That is the kind of company we like to do business with!
Pros- Easy to create content for administrators / creators - Very intuitive to work with for new hires - Web-based so changes in lessons made are updated automatically - Overview of all users who did (not) complete their lessons - Automatic email reminders for uncompleted lessons - Great service from Client Experience Manager
ConsThe dashboards with information and statistics about who is assigned to which lesson and which user has still lessons open are available, yet they could be more advanced based on our personal preferences. I have been informed this is on the roadmap so I am really looking forward to that.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2019

“The Goldilocks of LMS Software”

OverallBefore committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.
Pros-From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity. -It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :) -It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it. -I love that it integrates with Zendesk.
Cons-I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation. -Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice. -As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.
May 15, 2019
Melina P.
Training & Education Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2016

“Great Solution for Online Training”

OverallWe use Lesson.ly to help provide training to all of our employees; however, it has been most helpful to train our field staff who we do not see in the office that often. We are able to provide information to this group and ask them a few questions to attach accountability to them for knowing or being aware of policy changes, common issues in the field, and safety topics. We are also planning to offer blocks of training to new employees based on their position in the company to assist in orientation and beyond. I would also like to comment on the customer support. I like that I can send one of my reps a quick email to describe an issue I'm having and I get a fast response. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour... usually it is just a few minutes. I appreciate that.
ProsFlexibility to train on any topic, technical support, contact with my rep, feel like I am a partner and not one of many customers
ConsI would like to have more capabilities like on PowerPoint to jazz up the lessons (colorful backgrounds, effects, etc.).
Meagan M.
Head of CX
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2018

“What did I do with my life before Lessonly?”

Overallif you have anyone in your company that's remotely-based, lessonly is a godsend. so easy, very fair pricing, and wonderful support/CSMs. two thumbs up!
Prosconstantly improving (been with them for 1.5 years and they constantly release new features), love that their decisions are research-based and some of their workforce are academics who have studied learning/teaching techniques. SO EASY to just write a lesson... adding people is easy, managing teams is easy (especially with the upgraded version, you can "hide" irrelevant lessons from separate teams). recently improved search and UI of the learning library was much appreciated. you can embed gifs, images, videos, sound clips, etc into lessons to make it as interactive as possible. our CSM is always around to help with 1:1 advice and the general support team is wonderful as well!
Conscreating and managing tags leaves something to be desired - just not as intuitive as other parts of the platform. otherwise i still yeard for an easier way to manage lessons, something VISUAL like a tree or flowchart to quickly understand what lessons exist under what paths/teams - that's pretty minor though and not nearly a dealbreaker
July 16, 2018
Diane W.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed

“eLearning made simple”

OverallWith Lesson.ly's intuitive platform anyone can create engaging online learning. Their built-in styles give you the most desired editing functions -- for example, callouts and having images that the learner simply clicks to enlarge. You can create content quickly and collaboratively without worrying about formatting or authoring tools. As an instructional designer, I especially appreciate being able to deliver small chunks of material. It means that learners aren't waiting for a full course in order to get training. It makes keeping content up to date isn't a huge project. And it encourages learners to take and retake lessons when they need them. However, having a lot of smaller lessons as opposed to fewer large courses makes working with the catalog a little challenging. I've needed to rethink how to structure and manage content. It still feels a little clunky, and I think a large catalog may prove difficult. However, Lesson.ly has also been making improvements. And that brings me to my last point. The Lesson.ly team is fantastic. They are invested in your success, and it shows in everything they do. When you are working in the platform, they are just a click away. They listen. And they follow through. If you're looking to build out informal or subscription types of learning, I definitely recommend trying out Lesson.ly.
ProsEase of use. Great support.
ConsContent catalog is a bit clunky. With lots of small lessons, it's hard to visualize what is in the catalog.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely worth a look. Great choice for companies that don't have instructional designers on staff or whose training team is stretched.
September 9, 2018

“Good for remote teams onboarding”

OverallWe started to spend 60%! less time on remote teams onboarding, so it's got easier to adjust out business to changing technology demands.
ProsOut onboarding plan had been a difficult to manage Excel spreadsheet for a long time. Eventually, I was able to persuade management to use some more appropriate solution. We compared Lessonly vs WorkRamp and lessonly was the winner because of more reach features set. Thanks to feature that allow to track trainers activity, we were able to motivate experienced employees to create a number of training materials (most of people were able to use the app right away, without any training) and reward top performers.
ConsSome of trainers reported they experienced formatting issues when creating complex training materials.
September 9, 2018
Sarah M.
November 14, 2016

“Easy to use, incredibly effective”

OverallI've used Lesson.ly for about 6 months now, and am very happy with it. We have teams of contractors who perform services on behalf of our company, and Lesson.ly has made it easy for us to create content, send it out in a digestible way, and then monitor compliance. I do think the software lacks a few bells and whistles that would truly make it amazing, but what they lack in tech features they make up for in customer support. Their team is always willing to go above and beyond to help us figure something out or find a workaround.
ProsLesson and course format for content creation, referenceable content in a "learning library" format, easy to monitor compliance, easy to create content.
ConsAdmin dashboard could use some improvement and more wiki functionality. I would also like a bit more customization in terms of formatting the content.
Recommendations to other buyersI think its the best out there - if you are looking to create a comprehensive training program, quickly, this is a great option.
Keenan S.
Product Education Lead
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2016

“Easy to use with a great support team.”

OverallWe looked at a few tools to help us provide better training to our new hires and existing employees. None were as easy to use and nicely designed as Lessonly. The user experience is our main priority, and that's where Lessonly has a huge leg up over their competition. There are some features we'd like to have, and we've had an opportunity to share our feedback during the entire sales/onboarding process. We even had a chance to share feedback directly with members of their leadership team. Everyone has been friendly, responsive, and seem to genuinely care about our overall experience. Their customer support has been top-notch as well. Extremely helpful and speedy in their replies. Recently, a bug I submitted was fixed within hours, with a nice follow up email to confirm. So where certain features lack, they make up for in a great experience. I feel like I can trust them to keep improving their software.
ProsUI/UX design. Customer service.
ConsWould love a more intuitive experience navigating around the gradebook or managing existing lessons. PDF export of grade data is also something we'd love to see.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely speak with their team about questions/concerns/feedback. They're receptive, friendly, and typically very speedy with their responses. I feel well-supported.
Aaron L.
Learning and Development Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Simplify your e-learning!”

OverallAs a user of several large LMS systems, most recently one from Oracle, I constantly lamented the fact that I was spending more of my time managing and learning their HUGE system than I was thinking about the impact of the learning material I was creating. When my learners told me they "just wanted to know what they had to do" I wasn't able to act on that feedback and make learning easier within the bounds of the LMS world. It was just more difficult than it was worth. Lesson.ly has been a breath of fresh air for me! It has less features than an LMS (on purpose) because they have realized that if the learning isn't simple, the learner won't want to engage with it. I highly recommend checking them out if you want to simplify your learning strategy and increase your employee's productivity and on-the-job confidence.
ProsEase of use and helpful service team.
ConsI have to use a lot of other software to manipulate images, videos, etc...because Lesson.ly doesn't include much in the way of content or design within the software.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't be afraid to ask for help! The Lesson.ly team has some great best practices and has even introduced me to several third party apps and services that make using Lesson.ly even easier to use.
July 12, 2018

“Amazing product for employees!”

OverallTraining new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.
ProsI use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.
ConsThe technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.
July 12, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
March 18, 2019

“Lessonly is a Lifesaver”

OverallI am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.
Pros-Ability to make lessons to review best practices -Video recording for sales pitches -Quizzes and test over sales training -Continued training
ConsNeeds to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!
March 18, 2019
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
January 17, 2019

“Lessonly Works!”

OverallLessonly works very well for our training systems. Our information is updated/can change a lot so being able to easily go into a lesson to update is a benefit. Lessonly also provides 'house' lesson/guides for it's administrators including tips on when to put information into video, what might work best content-wise or how much content. This is very useful for those creating lessons for the first time.
ProsYour can add videos, images, and quizzes to the lessons on any slide. You can create lesson paths which clump certain lessons into one flow. You can track when employees begin and end lessons, and the 'grade' they get for each lesson (if you have quizzes in lessons).
ConsCan be cumbersome to add a new administrator for auditing the lessons if there are a ton of lessons, as it seems you can only add an editor one lesson at a time.
January 17, 2019
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
April 2, 2019

“Very Easy to Learn and Implement”

ProsI never had any formal training, but was able to pick this up quickly and easily - that is the sign of great, easy to use software. Customer service is quick to respond and VERY helpful as well which is lovely.
ConsMore ability to do things in bulk (bulk upload, bulk tag) would make an easy to use software even easier to use!
April 2, 2019
Matt B.
Education & Safety Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
November 14, 2016

“A great platform for employee learning”

OverallWorking with the Lesson.ly team has been fantastic. They are incredibly responsive to customer needs and concerns. They have helped me through every step of the development and roll-out process. Lessons are incredibly easy to build. They are also rolling out new features frequently. I've really enjoyed developing my content and sharing it with my employees. They've also enjoyed a new format for learning - one where they're not listening to me lecture all the time! Not SCORM compatible, but that's the only major inconsistency with other LMS platforms. I recommend Lesson.ly, especially for small education departments like me!
ProsLessons are easy to build. They frequently add new content for free. It is reasonably priced for small organizations. The staff is incredibly responsive and helpful. It works well with a lot of content which can be embedded.
ConsNot SCORM compliant - this is common to other LMS platforms. Also, the gradebook could use some more views - but they're working on it!
Andrea N.
HR Manger
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“Love Lessonly! ”

ProsWe love using this for our learning platform. It's simple & employees like the ease of use
ConsSome of the applications aren't very user friendly
August 27, 2019
Internet, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“Makes learning quick and simple”

ProsI love that progress is saved across lessons and completion is tracked. Wanting to have every lesson available from the company completed is almost like a game. You don't want to stop running through courses so you can keep up your 100% completion rate. Quizes at the end, interactive lessons are nice little bonuses.
ConsThe dashboard is a little weak for discovery and the search is presented in a manner that results in 1 lesson producing many search results.
August 9, 2019
David G.
Program Manager, Learning & Enablement
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 15, 2016

“Amazing learning software with some of the best client support I've ever experienced.”

OverallWorking with Lessonly has been one of the best vendor partner experiences I've had. In our search for a learning platform, I was pleasantly surprised to find this (relatively) small company innovating in a market where most others are falling behind. The Lessonly platform has gotten us excited again about capturing and sharing internal company knowledge. The support and partnership we have with the Lessonly team is one of the best experiences I've ever had. They have provided great guidance on building setup and launch, building engaging lessons, and best practices around driving adoption. Lessonly rocks!
Darian S.
Operations Development and Training Specialist
February 15, 2017

“Love this product”

OverallAs an Operations Development and Training Specialist, I'm always looking for ways to make training fun. Lesson.ly has provided that with the option to include videos and checking knowledge of the information. I would recommend this to any company who wants to better there communication on new information
ProsEase of use. Variety of functions
Consnothing
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work!!
February 15, 2017
Jesse K.
Sr. Director, Professional Services
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2017

“Easy to Use and Manage!”

OverallIntuitive use, ease and simplicity are Lessonly's strengths. As a learner I appreciate the variety of ways curriculum is delivered (cards, screen shots, videos, etc), all followed with a quick comprehension quiz to help me retain the info. I look forward to lessons about new product updates from our training team every week!
ProsIntuitive and easy to use.
ConsAs a product designed primarily for educating employees, there's not very natural way for me to administer training or lessons for my external customers, but we still get some great content out there using this system.
February 6, 2017
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
February 12, 2019

“Solid tool for training your employees ”

ProsIt's a nice tool that lets you set up learning tools for your end users to use and go over learn from. I set up a whole IT course for new users to do as part of their onboarding process. We also use in conjunction with our broader company-wide onboarding set up .
Consthe only thing I can think of could use a little work on is the user management, i think it could be a little better and easier to add users and as well as remove them too.
February 12, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 16, 2017

“Easy LMS that is nimble and employee friendly”

ProsOur employees like lessonly because it is lightweight with beautiful design - they don't need training on this simple software. It allows us to automatically distribute lessons in bite-sized chunks to ensure learning happens continuously. Their customer support is very friendly, responsible and adaptable.
ConsI want to see their new feature rollout soon (they tantalize me with things on their product roadmap and make me impatient).
June 16, 2017
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees
May 23, 2019

“Lessonly - Review”

ProsIt's a fantastic contemporary e-learning platform that has immaculate UX design that works very intuitively.
ConsIt's focus is restricted to professional training, expanded functionality to work with other Platforms like Moodle would be useful.
May 23, 2019
Nicole P.
Sr. Mgr. Training
November 15, 2016

“Fantastic Learning Management System”

OverallI've been using Lesson.ly for a year and a half and I've had an incredibly positive experience. The platform itself is simple to use and the team behind it has been fantastic.
ProsSimplistic to use
ConsCould use a more robust reporting tool on the front end
Recommendations to other buyersNone
Melisa B.
Virtual Trainer
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2016

“Easy, modern E-Learning Tool”

OverallLesson.Ly is an incredibly easy and user friendly E-Learning program for both designers and learners. As an admin creating lessons and courses is a smooth process and enjoyable.
ProsEasy of use is my favorite part.
ConsWhen building lessons it a bit tedious that the "ADD NEW: Text, Question, Image, etc" bar does not scroll with the page, so you always have to go backup the page any time you need a new piece.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Easy to Get Lessons Stood Up”

ProsThis is very easy to use software and takes little to get set up. You have to commit to getting the right information in there, but the software does its job to make your life easy when doing so.
ConsThe customization of certain functions leaves some to still be desired.
January 24, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2018

“Lessonly makes enablement fun and easy”

OverallLessonly helps our entire team to maintain knowledge levels and quickly disperses new information and teachings.
ProsI like the intuitiveness of the lessons. Everything is very easy to follow along, even when multiple forms of media are used (i.e - text, video, graphs, etc). I also really like the reminders that my lesson is due ;)
ConsI had to download a separate app for recording demo's. I wish I could use the tracking/recording software I already use and integrate it with Lessonly.
October 4, 2018
Heather M.
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
May 27, 2019

“Lessonly is a wonderful teaching tool!”

ProsLessonly has a fantastic search tool to be able to reference specific lessons by keywords.
ConsWhen you share lessons with team members via email, the lessons don't always make it to the team member or they end up out of order.
May 27, 2019
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
December 31, 2018

“A learning management tool that will never let you down.”

OverallWe use Lessonly for our training for internal employees. Lessonly has lately been our go-to tool for all our learning needs.
ProsThe beauty of this tool is, the ease of creating the courses. Integration with third party software like Slack and Salesforce is good.
ConsI experienced few formatting issues initially and over a period of time I learnt how it solve it.
December 31, 2018
Fabiana H.
Learning and Development
November 16, 2016

“Best customer service EVER!”

OverallWe started using Lesson.ly over a year ago and the experience was amazing. The grading station is my favorite. You can sort out users through groups, courses, etc. You can even export the grade book to an Excell Sheet (super easy to do). The best part though, is the AMAZING customer service experience I had. When I first couldn't use it, two-three demo were scheduled by Jacey. We had some pricing issues and the team's approach was amazing as well. They truly put the customer first!!
ProsGrade book and easy-to-make lessons.
ConsIf you're just looking for an assessment tool, you're getting too many unnecessary features.
November 16, 2016
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
October 21, 2018

“Selfeducation done easy”

ProsLessonly simplifies tracking and organizing big volumes of information and makes easy assignments of members with its friendly UI. Perfect for small to mid sized business.
ConsI haven't found any issues personally, some colleagues however, have shared they've noticed small issues with formatting, but nothing to big.
October 21, 2018
Toby M.
Head of Operations
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“Great product but very expensive”

ProsThe setup is very easy and the UI looks professional and slick. Building new content is relatively easy to do and to assign to users. The customer service is generally very good and the service is professional.
ConsIt is very expensive software, and although it is effective - I am not sure the price can be fully justified. Annoying we have issues assigning some lessons to people - the software seems to have issues with certain email addresses which is unhelpful.
October 16, 2018
December 14, 2017

“Great way to organize training”

ProsEasy to set up lessons, training courses, and user groups to make sure everyone is getting the best training for what they need, and nothing that is irrelevant. Easy to embed videos and training slides.
ConsTrainings and quizzes lack a lot of customization functionality, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.
December 14, 2017
MJ W.
Director of Ops
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
November 9, 2017

“The entire site is very rudimentary with functions that are literally broken”

Overallcommunal access to procedural info but I can do that through google docs
ProsI do like the interface and how easy it is to navigate, i like that you have intercom but is takes too long to get someone to help
Consbroken search functions, unintelligent functionality of some of the features, funny because as i type the characters in the box are not counting up as they should.
November 9, 2017
Kashif Q.
Training Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2016

“Great Team at Lesson.ly”

OverallLesson.ly has great customer service! Prompt and individualized service. Completely changed how we train our staff.
ProsVery easy to use.
ConsReporting.
Internet, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2017

“Simple, basic LMS.”

OverallIt was a simple, easy way for us to scale learning for our quickly growing organization. That being said, it feels like we grew faster than Lessonly was able to keep up with, so now we're looking for a more robust LMS that will provide more flexibility as we become more sophisticated in how we're approaching education as a company.
ProsThe interface is clean, and lessons are relatively easy to create. Because it has such a minimalist design, there were very little extra work needed to make it look nice and enticing for our team to use.
ConsThey've only just now begun to add support for SCORM, relying solely on their built in editor for awhile. The customer support team is responsive, but very few changes or updates seem to be made from user feedback. It also felt as though substantial updates to the app were few and far between. This was disappointing, to say the least.
December 5, 2017
April 17, 2019

“Helps with Training new and old reps”

ProsI like how easy it is to create a quiz and to monitor results. We use lessonly to quiz our sales floor after weekly lunch and learn trainings and it helps us keep everyone certified.
ConsNo issues at all. It does exactly what we need it to.
April 17, 2019
John B.
SVP Sales & Marketing
December 13, 2017

“Easy to use for managers and sales reps”

ProsEasy to build additional lessons as needed.. Software is simple for reps to log into and complete the training as required.
ConsNothing really. Perhaps the software can add features that provides best in class lessons for users and their customers.
December 13, 2017
Jon K.
Head of Learning and Development
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
October 12, 2017

“Excellent platform - Ease of use, affordable price and visually engaging enough for my team”

OverallGreat tool for a small to mid size business.
ProsEasy to get creating and understanding the core functionality. Seeing as it is a relatively new tool it matches the needs of our younger audience who will be using it most often.
ConsAlthough it is visually engaging, I wish there was a way to use custom images for the Lessons / Courses. Occasionally a little buggy with formatting, but overall not a huge problem.
October 12, 2017
Carolyn H.
Workflow Coordinator
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
November 18, 2016

“Why I like using Lesson ly”

OverallAs a supervisor in Customer Service, we look for various tools that will help our cs reps do their jobs as efficiently as possible. We have been using Lessonly for nearly a year, and we have had excellent results using it. The reps are able to check their progress and work immediately and go back over any incorrect answers. The supervisors are able to assign and reassign as necessary. Lessonly has been a real asset to our department!
Pros* Ease of use * Can create a Lessonly on any topic
Cons* N/A
Recommendations to other buyers* No
November 18, 2016
Frank B.
Trainer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
November 14, 2016

“An Easy-To-Use Content Delivery Platform”

OverallWe've used Lesson.ly for around 2 years and been very happy with their product. Lesson.ly makes it easy to deploy engaging self-led training to our employees and vendors.
ProsUser interface is intuitive. Content creation is very simple.
ConsLack of import/export functionality
Felix F.
Project Leader
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
May 22, 2018

“Lots of functions in a single LMS”

ProsExcellent for small and medium companies, it is a great tool oriented to corporate training, but not so for online institutes or schools,. You can get started very quickly without a huge learning .
ConsMake sure you have all the content and workflow well organized before using this tool, sometimes it is very difficult to look for information in the LMS, definitely need more customization in terms of formatting the content. They should improve the use of templates.
May 22, 2018
Tim H.
Marketing Director
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 14, 2017

“I LOVE this software”

ProsUser friendly, really effective. I've used Lessonly in two different organizations and I love it. It's the easiest way to onboard new employees, and (as an employee who has been onboarded with it), it's way more effective than traditional methods. Also, super user-friendly.
ConsI'm sure there could be more functionality, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.
April 14, 2017
December 18, 2018

“Great Coaching/On-Boarding Tool”

OverallI think its a great tool and plan to implement at every company I work.
ProsGreat for on-boarding reps and creating material for ongoing coaching and training around new internal and external processes.
ConsTime-consuming creating the lessons along with UI naviationg is often an obsticle
December 18, 2018
Annie Y.
November 29, 2016

“Lesson.ly is an awesomely cohesive product!”

OverallFrom a creation standpoint, Lessonly had been incredible easy to use and allows me to integrate creativity into my lessons. I have fun creating the lesson and enjoy receiving feedback from my colleagues. From a learners standpoint, I appreciate Lessonly because it allows for a different kind of learning experience. It also allows me to take my time and really absorb the information. I love that there is learning center Dashboard that I can access at any time. Lessonly has been a wonderful addition to my company and I would definitely recommend this product.
ProsThe speed and functionality
ConsThe limitations in overall script formatting.
November 29, 2016
Amaan A.
November 22, 2016

“Simplicity”

OverallWe transitioned to Lesson.ly from another, more complicated, LMS and have been very happy with the transition. The team are extremely helpful and always on call to troubleshoot any issues. (Despite the time difference between us, we're in the UK). The training materials provided are extensive, but unnecessary sometimes as the it's very intuitive to use and implement. The integration with OBIQ (haven't tested the latest Slack integration), has been very useful and setting it up was easy. The Reporting function has been very useful in seeing where learners are struggling and reassessing our approach. Overall, we're very happy with Lesson.ly!
November 22, 2016
Miranda T.
Recruiter

“Lessonly is great!”

OverallLessonly has been a great way for us to help our shoppers become the best of the best! It's easy to use, and the customer support is fantastic.
Meagan R.
Education Content Manager
Education Management, 201-500 employees
November 13, 2016

“Lessonly effective for Content management”

OverallLessonly wasnt created for content management as I use it, but it gets the job done. Tagging allows me to add metadata to my 'lessons', and html format makes it easily accessible across devices and platforms. This also makes it easy to add content from other places and file types.
ProsIt gets the job done.
ConsTagging questions/adding question types/font more customizable
romay zuleima f.
Docente Agregado
June 12, 2018

“Excellent tool of training”

OverallOrganization of classes for training teachers
ProsFor the course of educational training, the tool is very usefulness and allows to share videos and projections of images dynamically
ConsThe cost is a little bit high and the explanation for the functioning results something complicated
June 12, 2018
Elli A.
Instructional Technologist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2016

“Lesson.ly is a very good tool for corporate training”

OverallOur company uses Lesson.ly for corporate training. The strongest points are the ease of use, great customer support, and constant improvements to the product. Every one of our new Lesson.ly users in our company found it very easy to figure out how to use Lesson.ly. They found it especially useful for distant learning and self-paced learning. The customer support is one of the best in the industry. The tutorials are short and to the point. There is regular contact initiated by Lesson.ly to make sure that the software is fulfilling out company's learning needs. Feedback from customers is taken into consideration when deciding the evolution of the software. The only negative comment would be that it takes a while to get used to the lessons & courses format that is at the core of how the material is organized.
Damien B.
Trainer
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
November 14, 2016

“Lesson Monitoring Made Simple”

OverallVery versatile package that allows you to build, assign, and monitor self-led lessons in an easy-to-view way. Can even filter lesson completions by groups to dig into who has, and has not, finished the training.
ProsThe monitoring and reporting options
Conscan sometimes be slow to load/react to selections
Recommendations to other buyersFiltering completions by group is a god-send