Filevine Ratings

Overall

About Filevine

Legal Case Management and Project Management Software designed specifically for Lawyers & Legal Professionals alike. Keep all your notes, activity, files, including billing & timekeeping. Keep your team in sync and your cases on track. With groundbreaking features such as text message integration, built-in settlement calculators, case scheduling calendars, robust analytics, reports, fully customizable case files and faxing. Filevine is light years ahead of the competition. Learn more about Filevine

Nohl B.
Attorney / Shareholder
March 2, 2019

“Takes Your Solo Practice to the Next Level”

OverallWith Filevine's help, I've been able to increase three-fold the number of active cases I feel comfortable handling. It's a great product, with a great support team. I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you already have a billing program you like and don't want to change.
ProsThis software adapts to the way you practice law. You don't organize your cases the way a vendor tells you to, you do it your way. You use your own, trusted, time-tested checklists and processes. But Filevine takes what you have built over your career to the next level by allowing you to streamline intake, and standard tasks you do in every case. The best way I can put is I don't need to cut-and-pate any more. I just click a button and I'm ready to serve standard sets of discovery. I don't need guess whether we ordered a court reporter for a deposition. There's a "Yes" or "No" button that says we did or didn't. I don't even need to manually check when we last did something on a case--I just click a button and a report tells me when the last activity occurred.
ConsThe set-up time is significant, especially if you are particular about the way things need to look and feel. But that's to be expected for something you can customize from the ground up. Outlook integration could be better, but it has improved since I've come on board. All signs indicate it's going to continue to get better.
March 2, 2019
Jared R.
Managing Partner
January 30, 2016

“It is great at its strong points. It's number of strong points are increasing.”

OverallThe PI department in my firm (my department) has used Filevine for about two years now. I think we were one of its first users. My firm also uses Clio. Clio has some real strengths in trust accounting and thinks like that. But Clio doesn't hold a candle to Filevine when it comes to communication. Filevine absolutely shines in the area of communication. That is an area where Clio and other practice managers fail. The Filevine Feed give unparalleled team cooperation and collaboration opportunities. Clio notes and tasks are combersome and my firm kind of ignores that feature. Filevine notes and tasks are the central feature of Filevine (imo) and it shows that the development team built it with team communication as the central goal. It is the only software that my office has ever used where I have been able to convince my staff to consistently take notes on what is happening in the case. I can think of at least four times in the last year where there was a dispute with the court, and insurance company, or a client about what we said or did. We pulled up Filevine, showed them our time-stamped notes and won the day. I also love, love, love the text-to-file feature. We can assign a private texting number to each client. The clients text directly into their case feed where I team can respond in text back. Clients can text pictures to that number, and Filevine will save them to the documents folder. If i am on the go, and I need to get a copy of a client's documents, I will often just take a picture of them and text them to the client's Filevine number. The texting feature means that texts aren't fragmented between different telephones. It means I can monitor communication between my team and my client. It means that we can reduce time-wasting phone calls by answering concise texts when we are ready. Clients really seem to love it. In all fairness, Filevine is still rough in a couple of areas. I have spoken with the developers, and I know that they are working around the clock to bring new functionality and to make existing functionality more elegant. I personally don't mind software that still has room to grow as long as it has a team that is excited about making it grow. I think Clio has that kind of a team too. I know that Filevine does. Anyway, it is worth taking a look at it. I know the Filevine team also spends a lot of time onboarding you with customization for your own firm. It is kind of cool.
January 30, 2016
Ryan M.
Founder / Attorney
Law Practice, Unspecified
November 14, 2017

“Filevine is the backbone of our practice. ”

OverallI get the ability to move my cases quickly and in a way that produces repeatable results. There is a huge increase in our efficiency and organization.
ProsFilevine's feed is deceptively simple. It looks a ton like Facebook. But that's part of the genius. We had trouble getting our team to use other case management software. They would take notes in various programs. But they have all taken to Filevine. The ability to send texts to clients from the feed is game changing for us. We love the document automation and workflows. We recently connected Filevine with Domo to give us best in class automated visual reports for our KPIs. We enjoy the ability to share tabs with our clients, experts, and referring counsel. Filevine allows us to scale our processes. We are very satisfied. Customer support is first rate. I used Clio for almost 6 years.
ConsSometimes data has to be entered multiple times in various fields - like birthdates. This is a small annoyance. I do wish that Filevine had an intake tab that functioned like Lexicata to allow our clients to enter in some of their information without us.
November 14, 2017
Daniel C.
Systems Administrator
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
February 16, 2018

“Was exactly the fit we were looking for and seems to constantly be adding new features.”

ProsThe best thing about this product is the fact that it's fully web-based. Gone are the days of needing a beefy back end and/or an SQL server to host the databases. Now all of your data is secure and in the cloud for easy access for attorneys and their staffs.
ConsThe biggest con with this software was the setup. They sold us on a seamless integration, which is never the truth, with a dedicated handler. To put it plainly, our installation was not pretty. Lots of delays and having to really push to have certain items exported from our former client management system and entered into the proper fields within theirs. Was it worth the headache of making the move, absolutely, however it could have been handled much better in my opinion.
February 16, 2018
Christie N.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2017

“Very user-friendly with great tech support”

OverallThe convenience of being able to access case information on the go - all of it - notes, documents, contact information, etc. It's easy to maneuver as well so you get your info quickly.
ProsEasy to learn, can be tailored to suit your needs, and is a one-stop shop for all of the information and pertinent documents for your files. You control what's inputted and it can be as much or as little as you want/need. Support is quick to respond and very helpful. All issues that I have experienced have been quickly resolved.
ConsThe software is still evolving so there are minor issues that pop up - not bugs, just things that could be improved. That said, every issue I've noticed and called to support's attention has been resolved by the team promptly.
Veronica M.
Office Manager/Office Accountant
January 4, 2018

“Amazing case management software program.”

OverallCase Management organization and shared case information. The link between clients, we now know what clients are associated with a case and we can switch from client to client in a click of a button.
ProsI was hired as the office manager for a small law firm. As of today, we are still in the beginning process as we have only had this program for about three months. There is so much to say about Filevine, it is an amazing case management software program. I especially loved that we were able to set up a template for our firms needs and desires. Everyone here has adapted very well as it is very easy to navigate and learn. If you need help organizing your case files this is the program. Reports are great as you customize the reports you want as you need them. Most importantly, always great and customer service support.
Cons The biggest issue we have is that when we are in the case information section you must hit the save button or you can potentially lose everything you entered, it does not do an auto save, not even when you up-load documents.
Edwin S.
March 14, 2017

“Best Case Management Software for Law Firms”

OverallI've been using FileVine for over a year and I couldn't be happier. I've used a bunch of other software, including Abacus and Clio, and they don't come close to FileVine. The best part about FileVine is how customizable it is. The staff is also super friendly and responsive. Highly recommend trying it out.
ProsCustomizable. Web-based. Friendly and responsive staff.
ConsBecause they are so customizable, once in a while you'll have a bug that needs to be fixed, but it's never been anything big. Minor issues like duplicate contacts, but they are quick to fix.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it out. You won't regret it.
Stacey P.

“Filevine is GREAT. ”

OverallThe law firm I work for signed up for Filevine about 6 months ago. One thing I love about Filevine is that there are constant efforts to improve the software. Each firm can customize their case set up to their specific needs. It helps with client contact the texting feature is so easy to use and our clients love it! We can track all aspects of a case and have the information readily available. Customer service is also amazing! Whenever we want to make adjustments or submit a new doc gen it is done within 24 hours. Filevine has really changed the way we manage our cases for the better.
ProsEasy to use. Client friendly. Information is readily available.
ConsMultiple tasks. I feel overwhelmed sometimes looking at the tasks that need to be completed. Even though they are usually duplicates.
Recommendations to other buyersNone.
December 21, 2018

“Customizing with ease!”

OverallWhat a breath of fresh air this program is! It's like using a social media app! It's easy to navigate, accessible from anywhere & constantly improving.
ProsI couldn't be happier with how easy it is to customize the program. In our firm, things change quickly and it is amazing to be able to change the program on our own without having to wait for customer support to get to us.
ConsUpdating can sometimes slow the system down. Other than that, I do not have anything negative to say.
December 21, 2018
Michael G.
June 4, 2018

“comprehensible, friendly, and game-changing. ”

OverallTransparency between staff and the man in charge. Easy report system that can be used for almost anything. Just makes life at work easier.
ProsIt's level of customizability alone, in my opinion, makes it a top-notch product. You build it around your needs which adds a level of ownership to it for everyone involved in the integration process. Adds a transparent and honest form of communication between the lawyer and paralegals. Lastly, their training staff was amazing! Staff who was in charge of training me and our staff. They were super friendly and easy to understand. Always reinforced what I didn't understand at first and always had really brilliant ideas and tips on how I could really maximize the software uses for my firm specific needs. 11/10
ConsI was told "this is something that they're working on" which I believe but our office uses 2013 outlook which unfortunately doesn't sync with Filevine at this point in time but that's by no means a deal breaker.
June 4, 2018
Erica M.
February 27, 2019

“The Best”

OverallI love this new system we started using. It's much more professional when it's regarding our clients. I love that I can actually now send text messages to our clients. That is something we can't do with our land lines. Thank you filevine for coming available!
ProsThe best part of filevine is that we can update our clients on what is going on with their cases. We can also update our own staff when they are out and needs to know what is going on with each case.
ConsI honestly don't have anything bad to say about filevine. Since I'm still learning how to use other features we have available
February 27, 2019
Maria B.

“Great Program”

OverallGreat Experience. Ease in moving over our data despite that it had to be manual due to issues with our last system; not an issue with Filevine. Customer Service and available learning tools are exceptional and that is what makes this system rise above others.
ProsCustomization Options are great, but the Customer Survey is the best I have ever dealt with in my long career with a variety of systems.
ConsNeeds some additional work on Calendars so that firms have a one stop shop for appointments rather than having to look at Filevine and Office 360 or some other program calendar.
Michal L.
Assistant
July 20, 2017

“Excellent features and flexibility for personal injury firms”

OverallExcellent usability for a personal injury firm.
ProsFlexibility: Filevine offers superior flexibility. Firms can pick what they want and how it's set up. Help with set-up: Filevine assigns a dedicated rep to each firm. The rep will handle set up so the firm doesn't have to. Yay! (I set up our last system myself.) Intuitive, visual structure: Distinct sections for the things that matter to PI firms (settlements, damages, negotiations, intake, etc.). You get to choose which sections you want. Text to clients from the file: Excellent handling of clients texts. SaaS: Unlimited storage, regular updates.
ConsEmail handling: Emails are saved to files via forwarding or a bcc to a Filevine email address. Okay, but not great. Email attachments must be downloaded and saved, then attached. Cost: Filevine is definitely not the least expensive solution (but not the most expensive, either).
July 20, 2017
Jennifer S.
Disbursal Clerk
March 13, 2017

“File Vine is GREAT!!!”

OverallFile vine is such a great system ! Love that it's so simple to use, anyone can use it was ease. I love that they are so fast and efficient with any customization that are requested . The Projects are made for easy data input and even easier with their project search bar, you can not only search for a project but within a project. Doc generation and Doc storage is also great to have!!! Over all this is just a great software, would definitely recommend to other businesses. P.s. Thank you To the support staff for always helping us out.
ProsEfficiency Organization
ConsWe did not discover it soon enough.
Recommendations to other buyersNothing, this software is Great.
March 13, 2017
Matthew J.
Managing Attorney

“Great product”

ProsI enjoy the ability to text with clients and keep my case status and updates organized.
ConsNo app for ease of use on the go. It'd be helpful.

By Filevine on March 11, 2019
Hey Matthew, Thanks for the review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying it. We just wanted to let you know that you can use Filevine on any mobile device from right in your Web Browser. Filevine is fully Mobile Responsive so it functions exactly the same as an App. You can even set an icon on your home screen to go to directly to Filevine. Give us call or Chat in and we can show you how! Thanks again Matthew!
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
January 24, 2019

“Highly recommend the product and it continues to improve.”

OverallOverall the product works great and has a ton of functionality that integrates extremely well with the personal injury practice that uses it. The text messaging function within the application has also been a huge game changer for the practice.
ProsWhat I liked most about this software was that it allows for a fully web-based environment for the users that we don't need to support and back up.
ConsWhat I like least about this product is that it still does not offer a proprietary application that can be used on mobile devices.
January 24, 2019
Chris B.
Founding partner
March 14, 2017

“Great file management for PI attorneys”

OverallAs an owner of a new firm, file vine has been a life saver. It's the best electronic file management system I've ever used. You can upload files through email, text, and fax, which is a great feature. It's also a great way to manage office staff by creating tasks for them easily and quickly. Can't recommend this highly enough.
ProsEase of use, electronic file management, great features.
ConsSometimes glitchy with updates, but you can let your rep know and they'll get worked out fairly quickly.
Amanda S.
January 4, 2018

“Wonderful and Successful Work Tool!”

OverallToo many to list!
ProsThe system is so easy to navigate! The customer service available when needed as well as the easy use of the system is a must have for our firm!
Robin S.
May 18, 2017

“Best software I have used. ”

ProsFilevine is very user friendly. My staff loves it. We couldn't be happier. We have used other software in the past and this is the best out there.
May 18, 2017
Ana Z.
Front Desk
May 8, 2017

“This program is amazing!”

ProsI love their document generation it makes it so easy to send letters out to our clients with the simple templates that we have created. This saves our firm so much time!
ConsCalender doesn't have a self generated letter system, this would simplify our system by sending out self generated letters to our clients.
May 8, 2017
Cassie S.
July 6, 2017

“Great!”

ProsCustomizable deadline chains, easy use of tracking medical records and bills. Daily reminders to keep you on top of things.
ConsNot being able to delete a note after it is submitted into a project. The connection with the Filevine calendar and our firms calendar does not match up.
July 6, 2017
Alex M.
FILE CLERK

“FILING IS SIMPLE”

ProsMy favorite tab to use is the intake tab as the file clerk my main job is to input as many information on a client as possible. File vine makes it simple to put everything in a place where not only I can see it but everyone else can see it in as easy as a couple of clicks.
MARLA D.
PARALEGAL

“GREAT ! WONDERFUL!”

ProsLOVE THE TIMELINES, LOVE THE DEADLINE CHAINS, LOVE THE ALL THE WONDERFUL TAB OPTIONS WE HAVE AND THE ABILITY TO CUSTOMIZE THEM!
ConsHATE THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT ON A REP TO CUSTOMIZE IT FOR US BUT IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE WHY THAT IS THE WAY THAT IT IS.
Thania C.
Legal Director
11-50 employees
November 8, 2018

“Extremely Customizable”

OverallAbsolutely love this product - it is worth the time and investment!
ProsWe love how easy to use and intuitive Filevine is for our team. The software is also fairly easy to customize for your practice's needs.
ConsIt takes substantial dedicated time to customize the program to meet your exact needs. It would be better if there were more templates you can plug in yourself and edit rather than calling your assigned technician. That being said their support team has been amazing and extremely knowledgeable about the product to help you quickly resolve any issues you run across.
November 8, 2018
Millie Z.
June 27, 2017

“Great case management system!”

ProsCustom text messages and emails for each case allow you to connect all pertinent information in one place.
ConsThat you can't erase things when a mistake is made, for example, when you make a note in the incorrect case file.
June 27, 2017
Chris C.
Director of Operations
11-50 employees
April 26, 2018

“Made for the personal injury law firm - unlike any other case management system!”

ProsThese guys get it. This is a 100% web-based software that is perfect for PI attorneys. There are so many options out there for case management, but FileVine takes it to the next level. So many features currently and updates are always coming through for new things. PS - the T-Shirts are nice too, very soft!
ConsI wish there was something similar for attorneys that practice other areas of law. Hopefully, this is in the works.
April 26, 2018
Samantha H.
Bankruptcy Analyst/Notary Public
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2017

“Filevine is an excellent case management system and I highly recommend it to any law firm. ”

OverallEasily managing of a multitude of files on a daily basis.
ProsWhat I like most about Filevine is its ease of use and functionality. I also like the fact that I can run various kinds of reports and it creates an Excel spreadsheet to work with once my report is ran. Great customer service as well!
ConsI would like Filevine to have a generic contact list to be able to see all of my contacts at one time for all projects and not just per project.
Allen A.
March 11, 2017

“Great Product and Great Support”

OverallI have been most pleased with the response time when I want changes made to my Filevine platform. My partner and I run a niche practice focusing on Federal claim. We have requested numerous changes to the general Filevine platform and I have been beyond impressed with how the staff listens and tailors the product to our needs.
ProsCustomer Service
Recommendations to other buyersI think it is important to talk with the staff and think about what you want that suits your practice needs.
Dany M.
Intake Specialist

“Love FileVine”

OverallWe just recently began implementing File Vine into our firm and I have to say it's amazing! It is extremely easy to use and I love the updated features that are available. File Vine is beginning to make things a lot easier around here!
ProsHow easy it is to use.
ConsI'm not enjoying the calendaring system.
Recommendations to other buyersFile Vine has tons of great features! I love that I can text and email right from a clients file. It's amazing!
Justin B.
Managing Associate
December 2, 2015

“Great, responsive support with simple to use task flow”

OverallWe looked into a number of databases prior to deciding Filevine was the one. The key factor that attracted us to Filevine was that it was affordable and they did not charge an outrageous sum to set the company up in the system. Competitors were charging several thousand and the guys at Filevine made sure we could be up and operation without the headache or cost that attached to other programs. The interface is easy to use and the newly created custom report feature adds more bang for the buck. For a small firm, this is the database to have. For the larger firms, this program works beautifully and comes at a better price point. We have several thousand clients in the database and it functions wonderfully.
Greg H.
January 27, 2015

“Perfect for teamwork.”

OverallI tried Filevine in the early beta. I didn't really "get" it until I added a few people and started collaborating. Once we started working together on a project it all clicked and I was hooked. I can't explain it, it was just much more intuitive than trying to use things like basecamp and asana and trello for coordinating team efforts. The other thing I love about it is the newest feature: custom tasks. Basically you can set it up so that every time you create a new case it automatically creates a certain set of tasks for you. Then, when you move through phases (intake to working, for example) you can have a whole new set of predefined tasks. I'm looking forward to see what the next features are going to be.
January 27, 2015
Kaye G.
Clerk

“scheduling is amazing”

Prosthe calendar is so simple to use, it is incredible to see how easy it is to see appointments as well as to edit and or delete appointments. I also love the reminders because they are very helpful
Consi wish we could write letters off of the calendar to clients, this would make filevine perfect in every way.
Claudia S.
March 20, 2017

“Working smarter not harder”

OverallOne thing I immediately loved above Filevine was the ability to separate "feed" from "tasks". This helps me prioritize and gives me a bird's-eye view of what my day should look like. Navigating Filevine was so easy! The search button helps me find any contact, clients, and helps me access information as quickly and easy as I would on social media. Filevine is all about streamlining the case management process to get things done!
March 20, 2017
Corinne C.
December 3, 2015

“It is very organized and makes it easy to filter out different cases.”

OverallThe only thing I would change is it would be nice for all of us in the firm to have access to all types of cases in the software, not just specific cases we are working on. It is great that I can search a contact name and it will still come up even though it is not the same as the client, this is in case I don't know the clients name at the moment. The software is very easy to read and understand navigating through it.
Kira F.

“Kira Fonteneau”

OverallThey have been amazing to work with. They are very responsive and the system is extremely customizable. Since we have been using the system there have been significant upgrades that continuously improved the user experience. They have also solicited our feedback and made changes based on our requests.
Rip A.
May 23, 2016

“super helpful”

OverallI love Filevine. Two things separate it for me. First, it is actually helpful for plaintiff attorneys; everything else out there is really for defense attorneys only. Second, they are willing to adjust to make your individual experience better. The product gets better almost daily.
May 23, 2016
Tracy T.
May 16, 2016

“Love Filevine!”

OverallIt's almost perfect, and the Filevine reps keeps improving this software all the time. They listen to us when we make recommendations or ask for a certain type of improvement. This software assists with helping everyone in the office know what is going on with any case at any time.
May 16, 2016
Sarah W.

“Filevine review”

OverallWhile i do enjoy the ease of access to our files from any place in or out of office...there are some drawbacks to the setup of filevine. Ease of access is definitely there, however the fact that there is no ability to remove files once uploaded creates a problem. The interface changes monthly, with few functional updates. The inability to have more than one administrator to our projects also creates a problem, as we collaborate often between teams and need more than one person to have administrative abilities. The bottom line, i could care less how pretty it looks... i am more concerned with the functionality of a database and how well it supports team cohesion.
Brent L.

“User Friendly”

OverallFantastic program. Very user friendly. Program continues to improve with every update. Great for Plaintiff attorneys. My employees really like it and are utilizing all the features the program has to offer, especially the texting feature.
Justus V.

“Great Organizational Tool!”

OverallFilevine really helps in keeping all of my tasks organized and on track. Since I started using Filevine I have not forgot to do something or send something out because its all in one easy place and shows exactly what I am suppose to do within the Tasks section.
Michael J. C.
May 27, 2017

May 27, 2017
Yvonne C.
December 3, 2015

“Had to get use to it but, overall not bad”

OverallPros: I like the address part Cons: the Docs need to be separted by file, such as; Client Correspondence, Facility Correspondence, Auths & Medical Records etc.
Nicole D.
May 17, 2016

“Great case management software. ”

OverallThis software is intuitive and easy to use. The customer service is great and all team member are very responsive and eager to help.
May 17, 2016
David H.
Associate Attorney

“Easy to Navigate”

OverallThe program allows for staff to pick up navigation very easily. Low amount of training required to learn the software at a basic level.
Almyr M.

“User friendly”

OverallFilevine has a very attractive layout and it's really easy to use. I would absolutely recommend it.
Carlos T.

“Great for PI work!!!”

OverallI love File Vine because I can customized my own templates and therefore tailored the program to my way of working.
Thomas M.
IT Director
Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Maria T.
Legal Secretary

“User Friendly”

OverallAs a legal secretary Filevine makes my life so easy!!
Steve M.
Litigation Attorney
December 19, 2017

December 19, 2017
Lauren C.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“FileVine Quality Review”

OverallOverall great experience. May need to work on educating account managers a little better on dealing with personal injury law firms.