Practice Ignition Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.7/5

About Practice Ignition

Practice Ignition is proposal management software with a built-in contract generator and payment processing. We allow you to build a proposal in minutes (on average our users save 20+ hours per month). With built in payment processing you can collect recurring and one-off payments. Then you can automate your accounting and workflow tasks through integrations. Practice Ignition will help you sign more clients, improve cash flow, streamline client on-boarding and forecast your company's success. Learn more about Practice Ignition

Will M.
Co-Founder
June 13, 2018

“Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy.”

ProsThe three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are: 1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal. 2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before it is accepted. Practice Ignition then collects the funds for you. One of the most difficult parts of running a service business is getting paid, but with Practice Ignition it takes that all away because the upfront fee is billed on acceptance, then the recurring billable amount is billed as set out in the proposal. It couldn't be easier. 3. The integration Practice Ignition has with Xero and WorkflowMax (XPM) is incredible. Once a proposal is accepted, it creates the job in WorkflowMax based on the job templates you have setup in WorkflowMax, and creates the invoices in Xero. It literally takes all the administration out of running a professional services company.
ConsThere are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are: 1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs 2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date. My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!
June 13, 2018
October 1, 2018

“Practice Ignition Review”

OverallIt's been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it's nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we'd have scored higher.
ProsWe moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.
ConsBy far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can't be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.
October 1, 2018
Tom P.
Business Advisor
June 29, 2016

“Practice Ignition - Review”

OverallGreat product for Accountants and Bookkeepers looking to move to a package / upfront billing model. Particularly good for our firm, as it integrates into our client database, and deploys our job flow once a proposal has been accepted. It also has website connector, so we can sell our services on our website, and initiate the on boarding process from there. Provides analytics and internal notes which is also really helpful. Additional reporting would be nice.
ProsAll in one solution. Client engagement documents, jobflow deployment, billing.
ConsCan take a while to get your head around.
Recommendations to other buyersEnsure you have clearly defined services, and ideally a standard cost for each service type. Understand the way job deployment works (i.e. single package jobs vs multiple jobs) as this will affect your approach. Great product. Easily recommended.
June 29, 2016
Accounting, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel.”

OverallI love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing. Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.
ProsThe software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects. Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.
ConsThe reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.
March 13, 2018
LAZARUS K.
July 17, 2019

“Tracking categories ”

ProsI love that: 1. You can attach a business profile with your proposal 2. Show a breakdown of your services and give a brief description of each. This really adds value 3. Set up reminders for clients to accept proposal 4. Send invoices directly to Xero once a proposal is accepted 5. With the help of Zapier, send work flows to Asana
ConsThe challenge is that the invoices sent to Xero are sent without their tracking categories. One has to manually update these invoices for tracking categories. A feature that send these invoices with tracking categories would be great.
July 17, 2019
Karen G.
Executive Assistant
August 2, 2018

“Create a Proposal - And forget about it. Practice Ignition Thinks for you”

OverallWe set up all of our billing through Practice Ignition. Clients need to put in their credit card details or banking details before they can accept/agree to a proposal. This means one less thing we need to do - chase payment from our client. The only time we need to do this is if a payment is not able to be collected. Overall, a very simple, brilliant program to use. I love the HelpDesk as they are generally very quick to respond to our queries, no matter how trivial. Setting up a proposal for my Manager to review prior to it being sent is a brilliant little feature also. I recommend trying this for yourself.
ProsWhere to start. From setting up templates for future use, to sending reminder emails of when the proposals are signed, due for expiration, weekly review, to quick turnaround times from the help desk - what's not to like?
ConsNot to be negative on a great product, but if you're looking for an invoice, you need to open each proposal for the client in the proposals list to be able to access the invoice tab, to search through each invoice to find the one you need. On the upside, as soon as the invoice is raised it sent to Xero which is time saving plus!
August 2, 2018
Katrina R.
Senior Accountant

“A great product”

OverallIt has allowed us to move from the more traditional time billing system to a fixed fee program that clients seem to really like. One day we won't need timesheets and this will help us get there!
ProsI love this program for ease of use. it does what it needs to. I can set quotes to be sent out and when they are accepted they fill in bank details to do direct debit. I don't need to do anything else. I love the new update for recurring billing so I don't have to send out new annual fee quotes if we agree that the same price is still relevant.
ConsI possibly don't use it to its full capacity as when we started using it the software was very basic but the new updates are making it a bit better. I don't have much negative to say.
Simon P.
MD
Executive Office, 201-500 employees
June 20, 2019

“Amazing”

OverallEpic.
ProsScalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation
ConsAccounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.
June 20, 2019
Caleb L. J.
Leader of Client Accounting Services
October 15, 2018

“PI has helped us automate our onboarding & billing”

ProsWe were struggling to keep track of all our proposals, engagement letters, and billing schedules in a Google Sheet prior to using Practice Ignition. After we started using P.I., we saved immense amounts of time by completely automating the engagement letters & billing. It's also incredibly easy to go search and see what we are doing for each client in P.I. now...
ConsMy biggest suggestion right now for P.I.: Allow me to create my 3 package proposal in a nice one page proposal that I would email to my clients. Once they select one of the proposals, they would just click through to the Engagement Letter and then on to the Payments... This would save the other 2 unaccepted proposals as archived historical packages so that I could go back and review what I had proposed to my client.
October 15, 2018
Kate S.
August 29, 2018

“Love Practice Ignition”

OverallGreat results from clients. Makes interactions with clients current & new so much easier, they know what we are offering, price and everything is explained in one document.
ProsEasy to use and great results. You can set up as many templates as you like.
ConsNothing! It's all so very simple, anyone can use it

By Practice Ignition on August 31, 2018
Thanks for your review Kate! We really appreciate it :)
August 29, 2018
Paul Y.
October 22, 2017

“Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients. ”

OverallStreamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero
ProsIt is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.
Cons
October 22, 2017
Laura R.
April 28, 2019

“Exactly what we needed”

OverallThe overall experience with Practice Ignition is excellent. The setup process improved our sales process. This solution gets us out of email and portals with passwords. It does the heavy lifting for an important moment in the sales process. And it looks great doing it!
ProsThis app is the perfect tool once you've determined what service plan is right for your prospect. We use another tool for needs assessment and pricing. Practice Ignition seals the deal. What I like most about Practice Ignition are its robust features. It's a great experience for the prospect and designed for them to receive a proposal via web or mobile. Payment solution is built in. Integration to QuickBooks & Zapier lets you plug this into your tech stack to record revenue, payment and then zap the new order to your workflow management tool for onboarding & service delivery. The templates and service descriptions let you customize to your liking. The support center is more than helpful; it taught me how to create a better sales experience. The dashboard gives you a bird's eye view so you can follow through on closings.
ConsI cannot think of one thing that we do not like about this software. I especially appreciate that it does not clutter its mission with a lot of other data. It does its job and it does it well.
April 28, 2019
Giovanna A.
Assistant Accountant
October 23, 2017

“Practice Ignition is a great tool and perfect for organizing proposals”

Prosgreat for proposals and cash flow very flexible with different ways of payments, if the client is right infront of you they can check the email right through there phone.
Consthe only complain is having to wait 2 weeks for the disbursal, everything else with Practice Ignition works great.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2019

“The BEST Payment Processor / Engagement software”

OverallGreat and their customer service is excellent.
ProsIt's saved me a ton of money in two instances where a client tried to back out of paying for work that was already in process or completed. I have an accounting firm with larger clients. I have the software set up to only accept ACH, which gives me more control over refunds / charge backs. I love that it has everything together: the engagement letter, the scope of work and the payment all in one.
ConsThe user design is just ok. It's not bad but there's a lot of manual data entry in the beginning.
March 22, 2019
July 28, 2018

“It's super easy to setup and use. Lots of clever features, with more features being added regularly.”

OverallClient communication - letting them know upfront what my services are going to cost, and having them agree to it so there are no surprises. We've been doing this with clients for a few years but this software has saved me hours every week by simplifying the process and cutting out manual work. Cashflow improvement - for known or suspected bad payers I can choose that they must enter bank details for a Direct Debit before accepting the proposal. It makes the conversation easier - "I can't start the work until we have an agreement in place". It removes all the time I used to spend chasing debtors.
ProsIt solves several problems in my business so is great value for money. I can customise how I use it to suit my own workflows and clients. It's simple without compromising effectiveness.
ConsThere's nothing I've found that I don't like. A few times I've thought the software didn't contain a certain functionality, but after asking support they were able to turn a new feature on for me to test.
July 28, 2018
Bassim M.
May 7, 2018

“Practice Ignition has helped me simply the proposal writing process and payment collections.”

Prosautomated collections, it made my life a lot easier and improved our cash flow and overall collections.
ConsIt is not connected to Karbon. If it was connected to Karbon, we could start automating some of the the onboarding steps.
May 7, 2018
Brett G.
March 8, 2018

“Pleasant setup and support. Wonderfully streamlined practice!”

OverallThis software saves me time on administrative work and provides my clients with a clean, nice looking proposal and limits the number of login accounts they would need.
ProsThis software will standardize your proposals and engagement letters. I don't like having my stuff spread across multiple platforms and this does a great job at consolidating many of my tasks to one solution. I can create general "jobs" that I would do for a client and enter my engagement letters separately. Using software specific tags, I can customize the engagement letter and work to be done to each client without having to use the find/replace feature in Word. They will sync my accepted proposals into accounting software and collect payment (they use Stripe). I can set up reoccurring/ monthly agreements or one-off. Very happy I found this and wish I had found it sooner than I did.
ConsIt would be nice to change the display settings of my services I offer and templates I've created. Having the ability to only view services of a certain type would help when setting up the system as well as when I'm searching for the correct service to add to a client's proposal.
March 8, 2018
Leticia M.
October 23, 2017

“Brilliant, saves me hours.”

Pros* Saves time (proposal writing went from 3 hours to 15 minutes!!) * Saves money being left on the table * Enables digital payments including direct debits * Enables the sales process to scale * Usable and functional * Support is A1 and the team's communication is fabulous
ConsThe navigation. Sometimes I get lost clicking on things, but it's so minor it doesn't matter. This review requires more words before it submits, but I don't have any - hence this wasteful third sentence.
Michele G.
Accounting, Self-employed
June 27, 2019

“Keep it Professional!”

OverallPI are awesome to deal with. They are always improving and work with me to get up to speed with new developments. Highly recommend them. They are Number 3 in my Tech Stack!
ProsPaperless! It's embarrassing to promote cloud-technology and moving to paperless and then present a paper engagement letter. The templates make it easy to use for all clients so you can be sure they are up to date. Makes Single Touch Payroll authorisaton easy. I made a separate engagement letter to run for 12 months to remind me to update it each year (nil charge)
ConsPayment delays. Doesn't link with Xero Projects
June 27, 2019
Billy D.
Writer, Performer, Entertainer, Artist
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
November 14, 2018

“Onboarding and ACH-based collections are a breeze”

OverallPractice Ignition allows us to quickly onboard new clients within a set menu and use recurring monthly payments to eliminate the hassle of billing and collection.
ProsEase of use and the ability to deploy standard engagement terms seamlessly while enabling recurring payment. No need to bill or collect; just set it and forget it!
ConsIt's challenging to navigate to some of the more wonky screens, like the payment enabling.
November 14, 2018
Bianca P.
Financial Coordinator
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2019

“PI has changed the way we work!”

OverallThe ease of the software and the support of the staff (in particular Matt) has been amazing, highly recommended
ProsI love the ease of sending our scopes of works to our clients and collecting retainers and fees without the horrible debt collection calls
ConsA few teething issues in the start with finds collecting adding 10% when it shouldn't
October 1, 2019
Alix D.
PM
November 18, 2018

“Thanks PI ”

OverallIt's changed the way we work - and I don't have to call debtors any more!!
ProsThe thing i like most is the ase and efficiency of use
Consummm building the templates was probably the only thing
November 18, 2018
Claudia L.
September 17, 2019

“Amazing App”

ProsGreat product for Accountants and Bookkeepers, easy to use. Amazing customer service.
ConsThere are not really negatives to talk about.
September 17, 2019
Shane G.
May 29, 2019

“Quicker Close / Good clients”

OverallGreat people and great product! We have enjoyed using thus far.
ProsReid did an outstanding job answering all our questions during setup and implementation of this solution. PI enables us to quickly propose on new work without all the headaches of starting proposals from scratch. I recommend using fixed fees and a due on acceptance amount along with recurring payments to weed out the bad clients on the front end. Love the tracking too. I can tell if the prospect has received and viewed the proposal verifying they did get our service agreement.
ConsWish the dashboard could be filtered by date to allow a better view of the data.
May 29, 2019
Jud W.
Accountant
April 29, 2019

“Practice Ignition”

OverallDefinitely a good product but I wish it were more intuitive.
ProsGreat for professional looking proposals. Also, getting payment details up front and automated monthly billing.
ConsA little difficult to use in some ways. Support is by message and sometimes takes a while to resolve issues.
April 29, 2019
Andrew B.
September 12, 2018

“So easy and EFFICIENT ”

OverallIncredible customer service and support. They seriously go above and beyond.
ProsZero debtors problem! Integrates with Xero & Xero Practice Manager so workflow and sending of client invoices is automated
ConsNo smartphone app/access. Delay in receiving client funds when not using credit card.
September 12, 2018
Steve I.
Accounting, 51-200 employees
October 12, 2019

“Very Helpful Software”

OverallSaved a substantial amount of time in creating engagement proposals and tracking status of returned engagements. Also makes customer acceptance of engagements easier.
ProsCreates ease with tracking engagement status
ConsNo complaints. The product works well and has met our expectations.
October 12, 2019
Rachelle W.
Personal Assistant
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
October 18, 2018

“Practice Ignition”

ProsEasy to navigate and self explanatory. There is someone to contact should be experience any difficulty.
ConsThere is nothing specific I like least about this software
October 18, 2018
Sahil R.
CEO, Founder
Accounting, Unspecified
April 13, 2018

“Value for money "Zero"”

ProsI am using this app for my practice, on the outset PI team has done a great job, it has saved me a lot of time in so many aspects but for the amount of money they charge every month and the services that are available in Canada, its hard to put a value for money tag on this app.I like the functionality of PI, but for a app like PI which is so new to practices in Canada having such a bad customer support and no option for debit transactions is causing the app to go down so much in value for money grade.
Cons
April 13, 2018
Victoria M.
September 7, 2017

“I love receiving emails saying we've won new clients, it feels exciting to see how we're growing!”

OverallWe can quickly and easily quote and see where we are up to with fees
ProsThe email notification when a client signs up, the ability to amend proposals even once they've gone to a client, the ability to create new services whenever we need to.
ConsI would like the dashboard to be a bit clearer as I don't always understand it. I don't think it has an opt in feature for email comms and with the new GDPR regs coming in we would like to ask people whether they opt in to receiving comms from us at the same time as them signing the engagement letter.
September 7, 2017
Dwayne B.
Officer
July 10, 2019

“Watch Your Chargebacks”

OverallIt's going to be easier and to be more in control of my clients since it doesn't matter there's no recourse once Practice Ignition chooses to believe the other person instead of the people paying for the service. I can do the same thing and work directly with any challenges instead of just sucking it up and losing thousands more.
ProsAfter getting used to it, it didn't seem bad at first but then the charge backs hit without any formal notice nor warning.
ConsA former client said they didn't receive the services, Practice Ignition asked me to defend the potential charge back but then it was a waste of my time to do anything because they took back the entire amount, on top of already having charged me for the merchant fees.

By Practice Ignition on July 17, 2019
Hi Dwayne, My name is Tom Maxwell and I'm on the leadership team at Practice Ignition. I'm truly sorry you had this experience but please allow me to clarify your concerns here: Unfortunately, your client disputed your charge which initiated an immediate reversal by the clients' bank. Immediate reversals are completely out of our control, which is no different to any payment processor, (including Intuit, as an example: https://intuit.me/2JNFyzg). As soon as we were made aware of the dispute, we immediately contacted you, and as a standard practice, we offered to submit evidence on your behalf. We also asked you to submit more evidence that the dispute had been resolved between you and your client, to strengthen your case. You declined to take up this offer. Dwayne, please know we are here to help in circumstances that fall outside our control. We are sorry your experience went this way and we hope that we have the opportunity to win back your trust again.
July 10, 2019
Sorin S.
August 2, 2019

“Practice Ignition makes your proposals stand out and accelerate your proposal's acceptance”

OverallOverall, I have had a great experience. Our first interaction with the leads has improved a lot since we started to use Practice Ignition. We have seen a quicker proposal acceptance cycle overall.
ProsPractice Ignition makes you looks great and professional in front of your leads. It definitely gives you an edge in the sales process. It has a lot of cool features such as automated collections, awesome integrations with practice management tools such as Xero Practice Management, which can enhance the productivity and automation of your workflow.
ConsThere are not really negatives to talk about. There are perhaps things that PI developers could improve. For instance, I recommend that they build a feature that will allow for various email notification templates to be sent to the clients, depending on what type of service the client has signed up for. Currently the same template is send over and over. Another thing, PI does not currently allow for Quarterly Billing. We have quite a few Quarterly Clients, but I have to explain them that even though we do quarterly work for them we need to bill them monthly. From our perspective that is all good, however for clients sometimes it is hard to swallow it.
August 2, 2019
January 28, 2019

“No Brainer for Xero Accounting Practices”

ProsPractice Ignition makes the most of a great link with Xero to provide Xero practices the perfect way to send and track proposals. Say goodbye to word documents!
ConsNo real cons, the product does everything advertised. They can always add more functionality, which they continue to do.
January 28, 2019
Michael L.
January 28, 2017

“Amazing software for my online bookkeeping practice”

OverallI run an online bookkeeping & accounting services business and learned about Practice Ignition at Quickbooks Connect. I implemented it in November 2016 for all of my new customers and proposals from that date forward and also for renewing current customer contracts. It has drastically transformed my practice and saved me many hours of proposal creation, invoice creation and money collection. I haven't had one customer complain either that their are automatically charged each month for our services and it also has the flexibility to charge for fees charged after work completion. I HIGHLY recommend this software to anyone trying to automate their proposal, invoicing and payment collection process.
ProsAutomatic Invoicing & Payment Collection
ConsBecause they originally created this software in Australia, the payment collection originates in another country and it takes a few more days than I'd like for the funds to get into my bank account.
January 28, 2017
Craig B.
Senior Accountant
April 17, 2019

“Highly Recommend this produce”

Pros- Easy to use & very customizable - Lots of support - Very automated - Allows us to get paid quicker
Cons- The Stats page could be improved - Credit Card fees are high
April 17, 2019
Philip Caplan - The C.
Principal
July 28, 2017

“I've been waiting for something like this for an awfully long time!”

ProsThere are 2 aspects of the software which are really fantastic: 1. The way the engagement templates are set up alleviates the need for constant adjusting of a standard letter to fit the needs of a particular client. Additionally, it is easier to highlight all the extra services that you provide clients normally don't highlight. 2. The presentation of fees and payment schedule and in particular for fixed fees is excellent and clients are more easily engaged.
ConsThere really is nothing I don't like about the programme. like all new programs, there is a learning curve and sometimes a need to do things in a slightly different manner than previously.
July 28, 2017
Priscilla Anabelle S.
June 28, 2018

“Great for business proposal”

ProsPractice Ignition is great tool for business proposals. It is rather easy to use and can be easily integrated with websites.
ConsAlthough it is good but it is not ready to be used in some countries, in my case in Malaysia, because it it yet to be integrated with our local banks for payment purpose.
June 28, 2018
Mary H.
April 7, 2019

“Practice Ignition Review”

OverallI am getting paid faster and with less administrative time in chasing collection of my fees.
ProsHow easy it is to get the signatures for engagement letters and get paid!
ConsWould like a little more user controls as far as payments.
April 7, 2019
Accounting, 51-200 employees
November 10, 2018

“Practice Ignition review ”

ProsClearly outlines the cost to the client
ConsIntegration with XPM requires proposal to be broken down into makes detial than I'd like to present to the client
November 10, 2018
Wendy B.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
January 14, 2019

“I get paid more quickly with PI”

OverallExcellent experience
ProsI LOVE that as soon as a prospect accepts our Proposal, we get paid . No uncomfortable moments of asking for money or worse, chasing invoices.
ConsI can only offer one solution. I wish PI could offer a 3 prong Proposal where prospects could choose Options
January 14, 2019
October 23, 2017

“This software is so user friendly and allowed us to reach our goal of implementing fixed fees.”

ProsEasy to use and track. Payment collection and getting client acceptance of engagements is so simple.
Brian C.
Partner
March 29, 2018

“Best proposal software for your accounting firm”

ProsStreamlines client acceptance Links with Zapier, which gives you access to 1,000+ apps to automate proposals Support team is one of, if not, the best in the app industry
ConsDoesn't currently offer pre-authorized debit in Canada If you use pricing on your website, and set up a service with an estimate, sometimes PI doesn't show the estimate or starting from price
March 29, 2018
Diego C.
August 13, 2017

August 13, 2017
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 18, 2019

“Great tool for proposals and billing”

ProsI love how seamless the entire process is! From proposal to payment, it's all in Practice Ignition!
ConsIt can be a bit tricky to navigate between invoices.
July 18, 2019
Christi R.
June 27, 2018

“Great customer service. Easy to use and saves my firm hours each month in contract creation.”

OverallQuicker creation of contracts. Quicker client acceptance of new contracts.
ProsGreat customer service and the ease of use once set up. My clients accept contracts a lot quicker with PI.
ConsThe timing of customer payments clearing my bank. It takes an unusually long amount of time, which makes it not a feature we can use.
June 27, 2018
November 13, 2018

“Amazing for my business”

OverallGreat experience so far, customer service has been great.
ProsPractice Ignition has allowed me to start up my business efficiently and effectively with its recurring billing function and engagement templates.
ConsWould like a function where if clients utilise a credit card then fees go on top of your proposal.
John N.