BuzzBoard Ratings

Overall

About BuzzBoard

BuzzBoard transforms unproductive sales interactions into meaningful, customized opportunities through data-driven insights. By applying data science to the worlds most extensive collection of business intelligence about SMBs, BuzzBoard supplies the answer to the most important question for marketers and sellers: why will my prospects and customers want to engage? Learn more about BuzzBoard

Chase L.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees
February 22, 2019

“A Physical for a Website”

OverallThis has been a great business tool to communicate with our partners to build better websites and provide a better shopping experience for our homeowners!
ProsEase of use when it comes to finding a web page and making a report. Especially the plugin on the browser. Once report is generated, very easy to digest and point out gaps. In the way I use it, i pull thousands of these reports and share with our partners and having an easy, simple, consistent report to walk through makes discussions flow and easier to form a strategy of next steps and how to improve. I approach the discussions saying that this tool is a Physical for your website. It goes through the main aspects and gives scores on how "healthy" it is. You take that information and make your "exercise" routine to target those fatty areas.
ConsWhile your able to adjust the scores/wights of the reports, some items effect the overall score even when its not included in the report. And some of those scores are not designed to be used with small websites thus it pulls down an otherwise strong score. Secondly, the online platform search function is finicky and some of the things you'd expect to be able to do/transfer is not possible. Searching by name, adding new prospects and then using those saved searches for your own database of websites to quickly find particular areas to name a few.
Josef O.
Sr. Account Executive
August 28, 2019

“JOrnegri BB Review”

OverallI have been a big fan of Buzzboard since we originally test the product in our market. They have made improvements over the years that have added value and made BB an important tool in my toolbox.
ProsBuzzboard points out areas in a prospect's marketing that needs improvement. The opportunity to assess potential clients needs not helps to guide an initial discovery meeting but it also points out to the client that I have taken time to "do my homework" about their business. I also like the Buzzboard extension on Google Chrome that allows an instant review of a website.
ConsProspecting for new leads takes some hands-on time to maneuver efficiently, but this may be a user issue.
August 28, 2019
Johnny N.
Integrated Digital Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees
November 6, 2017

“Buzzboard is a great tool for an upfront site audit & basic SEM/ display advertising stats. ”

ProsThe site audit is the most valuable feature. From meta data to social media interaction it is very detailed with what a site is good at and what it lacks. Being able to pull some of the most popular business listings is an easy avenue to conversation with how a business is found. As a tool, this is a very well rounded service. It doesn't delve too deep in any one direction, but new features are being rolled out to allow this, such as SEM keyword performance and site retargeting pixels. The support team is very helpfl with adding or improving features upon request. This is a must use tool for digital marketers.
ConsThe UI is a bit laggy and sometimes glitchy, but that is understandable considering the amount of processing involved. As long as you have a little patience it is not a dilemma.
Ravi R.
Associate Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 30, 2018

“Positive Energy in team with Information.”

OverallThe information the product gave us generated many leads and it is helping the organisation to grow. We have a customer friendly interface in the buzzboard. I hope it comes up with new things soon.
ProsI like the ease of use the best about Buzzboard. It's super user friendly and provides a wealth of information. It's especially helpful in creating a pipeline. I have set up for one of my team to use it and there are positive vibes about the product.
ConsNot good android experience, It would be nice if there were a little more in depth information on spending levels. I have to make that information for myself using the data.
January 30, 2018
201-500 employees
November 7, 2017

“Brilliant! Perfect for the complete prospecting process.”

Overallefficiency and results!
ProsSo much in one login! The development of the software in recent times has been awesome. I love the competitor reports. Thanks
ConsThe Menu still needs some refining as simple things like where you can type in the fields etc. The alignment of the typical phone numbers to the Australian phone number listings would be great. Also the need to be able to add more Australian directories would be great, thanks
Bruce C.
February 22, 2019

“How Did We Sell Before Buzz Board!”

OverallMy overall experience has been a pleasant one and I am now spoiled. I would not like to have to do this job without it.
ProsThe information it provides for us on prospective clients. before Buzz Board, you have to check several different sources just to get a fraction of the information you get now with BB. Its a time & life saver.
ConsThe speed at which the program runs. The latest update has improved the speed a lot! I also question some of the profile information as it seems to be inaccurate for some of the clients. I.E. Checking on Law office in Central Florida and some of the competitors that come up are Print Shops. Hurry up on the update for iPad and Apple products!
Newspapers, 501-1000 employees

“BuzzBoard 101”

OverallMy over all experience has been an A++. We have a variety of options at Hearst Media and I only use buzz board. It is the only tool I find gives me exactly what I am looking for.
ProsAfter learning how to use it properly, I fell in love with the capabilities buzz board offers. When searching for advertisers in my area, I can narrow my search down to just about any type of business, size, and budget that I want to prospect. I have used buzz board every time I prospect now. It is definitely worth my time.
ConsI don't really have a con. I guess the biggest challenge was learning how to properly and efficiently use the tool. That comes with anything new, though. No complaints on my end.
Margee W.
Broadcast Media, 501-1000 employees
February 26, 2019

“BuzzBoard - an no-brainer must have”

OverallBuzzBoard showcases the what the client is doing right and what they are doing wrong, making it easy to offer our services to improve their digital presence.
ProsUsing BuzzBoard to analyze a prospective advertisers is "like shooting fish in a barrel!" When we can show an advertiser how they stack up against their competition in the digital world, it not only gives credibility but proves my value to them as a consultant ---and it makes getting the sale easier.
ConsIt's harder to find you existing prospects
November 10, 2017

“Software is easy to learn, full of data to share with client and where holes may be, icebreaker”

Overallprospects lists, verticals to go after, scoring system to help identify the lower hanging fruit
ProsGives a good starting piece to make an appointment and share with client some holes they have. If they have these holes what others do you have as well and this is a great opening to do a Q&A and uncover more needs.
ConsSometimes the data is not always accurate. Sometimes I have had people say they have mobile and the report says they don't. It shows they don't have PPC/Adwords but they do.
November 10, 2017
Keith S.
Digital Media Strategist
February 26, 2019

“BuzzBoard - Great prospecting and site analysis software”

OverallAs a sales person, I'm always looking for a "hook" to put my foot in the door of a prospect, information about a specific business is extremely valuable. Google is available to everyone, but BuzzBoard makes gathering information about prospects and their competition a breeze.
ProsEase of access to a library of information about website performance / Competitive Information is excellent, Category and business location search with filters to find just about any business
ConsSo much information at first, takes a couple of sessions to understand how to filter down to the specific information you want. But, on board training is excellent.
William P.
Broadcast Media, 501-1000 employees
September 3, 2019

“Personal Evaluation of Buzzboard”

OverallIt is helpful, but not as efficient as I would like in turning the time I am required to spend entering new prospects into the system into actual strong qualified potential clients.
ProsIt is a good prospect researching tool that give insight into how active prospect is in general as well as digital advertising.
ConsIt raises some issues in the report that we cannot actively help they correct and in some cases delays the sale of the products we do offer. Too often the prospect's competitors report are not accurate or related to the prospects business forcing more work in re-entering valid competitors.
Tim S.
MC
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

“Buzzboard Review”

OverallUse it daily and it helps with good lead generation.
ProsEasy to use and helps generate good leads. Allows you to know what the business is doing, or trying to do before speaking with them. Helps give proper guidance in a challenging sales environment.
ConsYou need to use it and understand some of the built in limitations. It is not 100% accurate, but nothing is.
John V.
Lead Digital Sales Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Buzzboard Review”

ProsI like the graph that instantly shows the colors and scoring of each area that is graded with a 0-100 --it's a good snapshot.
ConsPicking competitors seems to be harder than the older system.
PALMER B.
Local Sales Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees
August 20, 2019

“Using Buzzboard as a conversation starter”

OverallUsing Buzzboard as a conversation starter - online visibility and competitive intelligence - has opened a number of doors that have lead to closed business.
ProsBuzzboard is a great tool that you can leverage as a conversation starter in your prospecting. Prospects are always interested to learn about their online visibility and how it compares against their market competitors.
ConsDefault competitive filtering can sometimes show out of market competitors. However, this is easily remedied with manual deletion and/or addition of competitors.
Sarah S.
February 19, 2019

“How Buzzboard helps me.”

OverallI love this product. It gives you a great place to start a conversation and quickly access what a client needs to do as a first step.
ProsI like that it give you the positives and the negatives to share with a client to get appointments. Being able to cold call a prospect and say hey you are doing xyz fantastic, really helps seal the deal.
ConsI think my only con is that I am still getting used to how the format has changed. That is on me. I am also not crazy about finding prospects through Buzzboard.
Amy H.
Director of Digital
August 27, 2019

“Great New Business Tool”

ProsBuzzBoard is easy to use. Plus, you see instant ROI.
ConsThere isn't anything about this software or the support that doesn't live up to expectation.
Kristina E.
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
February 22, 2019

“So much incredible insight ”

OverallAs stated above, it had armed me with so much value to bring to customers.
ProsIt has added so much value to what I can bring to my customers, prospects and presentations. I can get my foot in the door so mucb easier than before I had Buzzboard. It has also helped prepare strategic and accurate proposals to show my prospects where they truly need assistance. It's an incredible trust builder.
ConsIt's very slow. And the newer version makes it harder to find prospect profiles.
Donna S.
Digital Marketing Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees
November 2, 2017

“Overall very good - sometimes the system is slow but I believe that is on our servers' end”

OverallBetter information on customer's marketing currently and where I need to take the conversation
ProsI like the listing claiming and the addition of the Ads or Spyfu-like information. They helps me quickly understand if they are paying for other advertising
ConsSometimes I find that it runs slowly, although that may be a function of our computers. The customers tend to get a bit impatient when I am running a live demo so that can be a negative at times. Everything else is as expected
Erik J.
Senior Digital Strategist

“Buzzboard Review ”

OverallI have been pleased with my experience overall. It is fairly easy to use and navigate. However the data is not always correct, and when presenting to a client , accuracy is key.
ProsThe google Chrome extension and Detailed reports.
ConsThe inadiquicies when pulling the facebook data from clients. Many times it is inaccurate.
Daniel R.
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees
February 22, 2019

“Buzzboard likes and dislikes”

OverallOverall, my experience has been very positive. It is a real tool that can be used in front of client and helps support the service that you are trying to sell the client.
ProsThe ease of use and how it shows the client the details of their website grading. And what they can do to improve their overall grad of their website.
ConsI have found that sometime the data isn't exactly correct. When I take a report to the client they will say that they do have a particular function that the report says they don't have.
Teresa W.
Digital Media Sales
November 2, 2017

“I love the information I get from Buzzboard, and how that show potential clients how we can help.”

OverallIncreased Sale
ProsThe pros are the ease of use. The information I can use, and the format it is displayed on. I love that I can email the report to the prospect, I know if they read it, all around a great product.
ConsI'm not sure what to do with the "consumers" portion of the software. It is the first thing that shows up and I'd like a way to take advantage of the information you provide. This is clearly a user error, but I'm left speechless when this portion of the report comes up.
Kimberly N.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Very informative and easy to use”

OverallReally helps hone in on what the customer needs and home to improve their online exposure
Prosgreat info to use with current clients and finding new clients with competitors info. Easy to use and the improvements keep coming.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about this software.
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2018

“ Software makes easy track lot of digital information in one location.”

OverallHelps with understanding a particular business and their competition.
ProsIt's quick and easy to use and displayed in a way that's easy for our clients to understand. It reports about a given company that gives one a comprehensive report of their Digital Representation.
ConsSoftware is slow. Information is sometimes inaccurate. there are a lot of extra steps while building presentations that make it more difficult than it should be.
January 31, 2018
Leonard O.
DSM
November 6, 2017

“One of the easiest tools to use. Every digital appointment I have uses an Buzzboard report.”

ProsCompetitive information is very valuable when showing an clients how they rank among there competition.
Shawn C.
Director, Talent Acquisition and Development
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
November 3, 2017

“Love Buzzboard. Our organization has been using this tool for several years. ”

ProsThe flexibility. There is so much information, you have endless options on what to show customers in order to get the conversation started. The team we work with steps up to the plate every time we come up with a new request. Highly recommend this company and software.
ConsThere are times when the system glitches. It's not often, but has happened on occasion. Train your sales staff to be patient when this happens and you will be fine.
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 2, 2017

“Great Experience, Valuable Information”

ProsI like that I can pull all the information I need for my customers in a few easy steps. It allow me to have a basis for our strategy meeting.
ConsThe information can some times be skewed so it presents a challenge when the client disagrees with the information
Jay V.
September 26, 2017

“You it for work in sales”

ProsUse for strong talking points with clients. Buzzboard allows me to do research in advance of meeting with a client and provides talking points to bring up with them in a manner that shows I did my homework.
ConsIt is not super user friendly or intuitive. The interface could be much better. At times it is very clunky to use and you aren't sure where to click to get where you want.
Barry L.
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees

“Buzzboard review”

OverallI have been able to use buzzboard to gather insight into companies that I wouldn't have had without it. I can identify pain points and prospect entire categories based on a specific aspect or product that we offer.
ProsI like chrome extension and the ability to go to a prospects site and with one click get them added to my buzzboard prospects. Prior to using this it was sometimes cumbersome to get a prospect added. This has streamlined the process.
ConsSome of the features like "peak sales month for prospecting" produce poor results. I spent a fair amount of time trying to add prospects using this feature and got no results or innacurate results. I like the concept and if it delivered better results I would likely use it more.
Marsha D.
Telecommunications, 5001-10,000 employees
May 14, 2019

“Generate more digital money with Buzzboard”

OverallHas generated directory business, website builds and SEO work for me. However, if you need help or have a question that doesn't pull up correctly you can't reach anyone very quickly.
ProsGives you the Google score for the website and shows how they are listed in the top directories.
ConsSEO portion is not always correct and I don't personally care for the layout of the report to present to clients.
May 14, 2019
Brittany L.

“Great tool! ”

OverallI'm able to utilize this on sales appointments with potential clients to show them an overview of their digital presence. It helps me have ONE place to diagnose their weak points in their digital strategy, versus flipping through multiple screens/pages during my presentation.
ProsI like that it evaluates a potential client's entire online presence, including their listings, social media, SEM, SEO, etc...
ConsI have not yet seen great analysis of a potential client's SEO through the tool. It doens't seem very in-depth, or perhaps I am not using it correctly to evaluate certain keywords?
Kent G.
Partner Success Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2017

“Great value add as a prospecting tool. Thank Buzzboard!”

OverallTremendous helpful tool for prospecting
ProsLove the digital audits as it opens many doors into new prospects. Plus, I like the objectivity of the analytics that prove how well or poorly a businesses online health may be.
ConsIt's a bit clunky to find existing profiles if you want to update. I also would like it if the online audits mirrored the detailed summary report.
Lareina C.
Broadcast Media, 201-500 employees

“Buzz Board ”

Overallhelping clients analyze their online strategies to help close business.
ProsI mostly utilize Buzzboard when researching prospects to see what types of online products they are using. I find the reports to be very helpful in analyzing a clients website, social, SEM, and SEO presence which can result in helping to gain trust of a client to help them realize what features online they may need to enhance.
Conshave more competitor information directly from the reports and also access to more training
Karen S.
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
February 22, 2019

“Everything you need in one place”

OverallI have used BuzzBoard for years to assist my clients. I use it as a tool to present to new potential clients to prove a "need" for our services. I also use it with current clients to establish improvement and growth to their online presence.
ProsThe software is very easy to use and the information is easy to understand.
ConsHow long it takes sometimes for a report to be pulled.
Carol T.
September 3, 2019

“Great prospecting tool ”

OverallI've had a good experience with BuzzBoard, as I mentioned above, it's a great prospecting tool and I use it literally daily.
ProsIt is a great told for prospecting for new business.
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like about the software, just basically learning to use more and more.
Eric V.
Digital Sales Manager
November 2, 2017

“I use it for giving my clients and prospects an internet presence score and ID areas to improve.”

ProsI like the ability to prospect and get an inside look at a business' web presence. It helps me to position myself as an expert.
ConsMany of the listings are old and the businesses closed. There is also a larger deviation than I'd like on what is actually being done on social media or SEM than I would like.
Maria A.
Senior Sales AE
Newspapers, 501-1000 employees
October 2, 2017

“It's the most quick and informational tool to show clients where they can improve online. ”

OverallGetting clients listening to what your offer is.
ProsAt a glance, it's easy to find out what is missing and where the gap is. Everyone I show their results to are really engaged with the overall details.
ConsAt the beginning, hard to figure out where to start to get what information. (Add Prospect) Also, when you print, it doesn't print all the information you need.
October 2, 2017
Aimee J.
Digital Strategist
Online Media, Unspecified

“Valuable insights”

OverallCompetitor data, finding businesses within a determined radius, pre-qualifying a business based on a set of attributes, such as doing SEM and if so what the top performing ads are.
ProsVery robust in terms of evaluating a client's online presence/health as well as the overall structure of the website in terms of enough content, properly tagged and findable online. I also love the competitor data and how you can compare multiple businesses to each other and illustrate to the business owner how important their online presence is and who in terms of competition is beating them.
ConsI find that the SEM data is very inaccurate as well as the mobile or responsive design evaluation.
Liz M.
Hospitality Media Specialist
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
July 11, 2017

“Sometimes has errors on NAP score, or propblems loading after i have built an entire presentation”

Proseasy!! I can pull up and edit prospects pretty quickly. it makes my job easier than having to use a powerpoint.
Conserrors, or problems loading. At times i have to start all over after i have built an entire presentation because the information is not loading.
July 11, 2017
Meredith F.
February 22, 2019

“Good digital prospecting and researching tool ”

OverallAllows for much more strategic conversations moving forward with clients.
ProsIt provides valuable insight into clients digital health allowing you to go into meetings better prepared. Customer service has been great with our team. The Google extension is one of my favorites!
ConsThe information is not always up to date or there are minor inaccuracies. Adding competitors manually is a pain, but usually necessary as the ones it pulls are often wrong - possibly due to incorrect category listings. The UI and UX have improved, but it still has a way to go. Can be laggy and time consuming.
Sara N.

“BuzzBoard review”

OverallHelps me start a conversation with prospects with specifics. Helps me be a digital adviser.
ProsTargeted prospecting tool. Helps me weed out companies that aren't paying for advertising.
ConsNot intuitive, but the trainings help a great deal.
Derek P.
December 6, 2017

“A great tool that impresses clients and prospects. Helps business identify online problems areas.”

ProsQuick and ease of use. Buzzboard takes some of the ease out of doing a needs assessment when you first meet with a client.
ConsAlthough this is a very helpful tool sometimes there are errors. For instance the report may say a prospect doesn't have a facebook page when they actually do.
December 6, 2017
Ash P.
DMC
November 12, 2017

“The tool is a great idea, particularly to provide an objective review of online position for SMBs”

ProsGood range of features and solid selection of KPIs. Competitor report can be useful for those not tech savvy.
Consclunky, awkward to navigate at times. Adding competitors manually is slow, needs multi window functionality to help save time. Not very useful for multi location business. Can review individual locations but would really like to group all into 1. Could benefit from draawing in display advertising, text ads and also GMB images
November 12, 2017

“What a great tool!”

ProsEasy to use, informative, easy to understand. Prospecting tool is great! The grading system makes it very easy to show to clients and explain like a "report card"
ConsOn ipad app, several clicks to get to certain screens. Other thing is that sometime not all information can be accurate (for example BB shows no Facebook or YouTube page, but client has one.... same thing happens with mobile optimization from time to time.)
Terra M.
Research Director
November 6, 2017

“A very valuable and useful tool that I wish we utilized more. ”

Overallprospecting both on clients that we are currently doing business and clients we should be reaching out.
ProsThe lay out is very easy to read and is extremely interactive. I love the ability to prospect using multiple filters and parameters.
ConsI wish that the prospecting tools had a function where you would easily print or export contact information. Many times my sales staff want to prospect, but do not have the time to pull the report themselves.
mark r.
digital specialist
November 7, 2017

“love the detailed information and background info it gives”

Proseasy to use, detailed, like the fact it shows google adwords and the number of google page listings
Conssometimes a bit slow to load, can occasionally give conflicting info, i.e. website responsiveness and mobile compatability
Denise C.
Digital Account Manager
Publishing, 201-500 employees
November 3, 2017

“Makes adding new info/accounts into Salesforce a breeze!”

ProsEase of Salesforce compatibility info generated for each account/prospect the dashboard view of ways to prospect
Constakes a while to understand how to use and I know I still don't know all of the power functionality
Ian D.
Sales Manager
September 26, 2017

“Very helpful and use it oftern”

OverallInsight into clients
ProsSimplisity makes a big difference for out clients to understand what they need to improve appon. Score is a great add on
ConsPlatform is still a bit slow and it makes for awkwawrd parts of my sales pitch. even after the information loads.
Spencer B.
Brand Manager
September 26, 2017

“Easy to use. Helpful sales tool for my agency. ”

ProsInterface is clean and easy to use. I particularly like that it helps me show people their presence on directories (NAP percentage).
ConsData is not always as accurate as I would like. I wish the platform had a few more tools. I really only use it for one thing.
Joe S.
Multimedia Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
July 14, 2017

“I enjoy using it as a sales tool, it is very user friendly. They are always improving.”

ProsThe software provides reporting in less than 1 minute in most cases. It also allows you to add competitors very easily.
ConsSometimes the competitors that it pulls up are duplicates and they will be the same business but have a different score.
July 14, 2017
Mark A.
Media Stategist

“Great Prospecting Tool”

OverallBuzzboard is very helpful when analyzing a specific category.
ProsIt is very helpful to use BuzzBoard to prospect and develop leads.
ConsIt takes too long for BuzzBoard to post a score