ShoreTel VoIP Phone System Ratings

Overall

About ShoreTel VoIP Phone System

A Full Service Communications Firm With More Than 200 Years of Experience Our story begins in 1988 when we opened our doors for business in Hackensack, New Jersey. Our focus since then has been singular: to help you save money and improve productivity. Over the past 25 years, weve established ourselves as experts in the areas of data networking (LAN and WAN), VoIP business phone solutions, video conferencing, wireless networking, Wi-Fi solutions, networking security, and structured wiring. Learn more about ShoreTel VoIP Phone System

Chase L.
Account Executive
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees
November 14, 2017

“From the perspective of a Call Center Quality Assurance Specialist. ”

OverallIf you are a business who is not concerned about Quality Assurance for their call center, or if cost is an immediate issue, then this is a great, affordable option for you with some awesome features (silent monitor, silent coaching, call barging) that some other business VOIP systems don't allow/offer (note: costs may be an issue right away, but it can be more costly to have to switch your businesses entire VOIP system later). If you're concerned about the quality of your customer service or sales reps for your call center, or plan to grow big enough to have the need for a Quality Assurance department, it would be wise to look into other options that will streamline that department and work in tandem with your customer service/sales telephony system.
ProsThis product has a lot of great features that make it worthwhile to businesses: - the lowest price on the market (they guarantee the lowest price for their service) - option to "barge" calls (3-way the call without being transferred in) - option to silent monitor reps (monitor the reps with your phone on mute) - option to silent coach reps (talk to or coach your reps without the customer hearing) - see who is not on the phone, on a call, or has their phone set to do not disturb/busy/etc.
ConsMono recordings for calls; this is especially limiting for my job function (Call Center Quality Assurance), as to transcribe conversations you need dual stereo recordings to be able to differentiate your customer service rep from the consumer/customer. It is also such an old platform that it's difficult to find any 3rd Party Quality Assurance programs that are compatible with daily monitoring of our businesses customer service/sales reps.
November 14, 2017
Jeff S.
CISO
Banking, 51-200 employees
July 29, 2019

“Enterprise class VOIP phone system at a much lower cost than competitors”

OverallWe needed a VOIP system that was powerful, yet easy to setup and use without having to hire someone full time to operate it. ShoreTel gave us exactly that and now with over 350 phones, we rarely ever have any issues.
ProsAlthough its a hardware and software VOIP telephone system, the software is extremely powerful and flexible, yet very easy to setup and use. Once it's programmed, it simply works. There are a lot of hardware options when selecting phones and enterprise required devices that making simple connections to remote offices and mobile users possible. You will also notice Mitel has acquired ShoreTel, but same high quality software and hardware support available.
ConsTech support is great, but extremely expensive and only available through VAR's or primary vendor you purchased hardware through. Trade off is that if not too complex of implementation, instruction manuals provided make for fairly easy install and setup.
July 29, 2019
June 4, 2018

“Easy to Use Phone System and Cost Effective”

ProsI found this product to have a user-friendly interface when managing the phones in our organization. What I liked the most about the product is the ease in knowing which phone blocks are available for use, as well as the number of phone numbers available in that specific block. Additionally (unlike Cisco Call Manager) it shows the full phone number. This is VERY useful if you are forced to have different call blocks with different prefixes. Not to mention, the call communicator for each user was AMAZING. We could easily make calls to other extensions (or outside numbers) from our desktop using the communicator. Also, if you wanted to call someone in your organization, it will indicate if the person is available (green) or on a call (red). Also great for our call center that had a call queue available.
ConsNothing that I could think of that I liked least about the product. I think this is a very user friendly interface and we had no complaints when using.
June 4, 2018
Shae J.
Human Resources Director
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“Complex Implementation - Low Key Day-to-Day Maintenance”

ProsWe were lacking quite a bit with our prior phone system. So the transition to shoretel was much needed. I was involved with the RFP and pricing discussion with a multitude of vendors. In all cases, Shoretel offered the greatest amount of features, including integration with our CRM (Dynamics) all while having the lowest price point. As the Director of HR, I am able to act as system admin with zero technical background, which is also greatly appreciated.
ConsReporting analytics are limited. Requires integration with third-party product to get the analytics we prefer. That being said, we dive more into our call details as we are a call center and execute performance metrics at the agent-level based on said data.
December 12, 2018
Julie G.
Communications Specialist
Law Practice, 201-500 employees
February 1, 2019

“Everything I need. ”

OverallI'd say we've had a seamless integration of ShortTel at our firm. I love the added features and how easy they are to use. Fits very well in my day-to-day operations.
ProsOur company switched to ShoreTel a few years ago, and I've noticed a significant difference in how I use my phone and voice services. The desktop application makes it extremely easy to track missed calls, know the status of people I'm trying to get a hold of, and forward any calls when I'm out of the office.
ConsOnly one complaint - when voicemails get sent to my email, I have to listen to them through my external phone speakers instead of the earpiece. Sometimes I get confidential calls, so I can't be discreet about checking my messages.
February 1, 2019
William R.
Application Support Analyst: Tier II
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Shoretel Communicator: Making Communication Easy”

OverallShoretel has really helped to streamline and make our communication efforts more effective. I rarely type in anyone's phone number; I simply look them up in the system or reference my saved contacts.
ProsI like the line redirection feature the most. You can configure and redirect your line to your mobile phone with one click, which is great and convenient for remote or offsite days. I also like the messaging feature because not everyone in my company uses Skype, but most everyone uses Shoretel. Shoretel also replaced all of our physical phone directory sheets, which is a nice step into the 21st century.
ConsThe call history feature doesn't always update in real time. I've seen instances of a missed call not showing up immediately in my call history, making it impossible to promptly return the missed call.
November 27, 2018
Chris E.
BI Manager
Consumer Goods, 501-1000 employees
April 11, 2019

“Great phone system and management tools”

OverallGreat solution for dispersed call centers with complex organization. Enables us to manage the entire call process, but did not communicate well with our other data strategies.
ProsGreat all around flexible phone system, enables many of our trusted call center associated to work remotely and yet still be tied into the main platform. Great at capturing data.
ConsHard to pull the data out as the instance is localized inside our firewall, making it difficult to grant access to some but not all departments using the tool. Would have loved a better way to get the data out and leverage our BI rather than only have Brightmetrics to assess it.
April 11, 2019
Mekesha G.
Call Center Supervisor
Consumer Services, Unspecified
September 8, 2016

“ Contact center solution that is easy to use.”

ProsThe product is very easy for supervisors or managers in your call center to use. You are able to manage several calls groups and CSR's easily by looking at one screen. Its very easy to add new agents using the contact center director. The agent toolbar is very easy to configure at the agents workstations as long as you know the IP address. You are able to easily move agents in and out of the contact center groups. The reports are easy to access, create, and modify to obtain the data that you need to analyze daily.
Cons In order to do a required system upgrade the contact center had to be closed and we were a 24 hour call center at the time.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend that you use this software if you are managing several call groups in a large call center. I would ask about capacity in regards to the amount of groups and agents you can add into this solution. I would also recommend that you ask questions about integrating this software with your current CRM solution. You also ask questions about the maintenance schedule and if any down time is required during this period.
September 8, 2016
Michael L.
Senior Recruiter
May 7, 2018

“I use ShoreTel Connect as our company's main method of communication for outside candidates/clients.”

OverallShoreTel allows me to connect quickly and efficiently with candidates and colleagues.
ProsShoreTel Connect integrates seamlessly with our Salesforce databases, allowing me to quickly call candidates and clients by simply clicking the number on the screen. When making 100+ calls per day, this small quality of life assist is very welcome.
ConsI have experienced some issues while attempting to use ShoreTel when not connected to our company's network. When connected via home/public Wi-Fi, there will be intermittent issues with maintaining a connection to ShoreTel.
May 7, 2018
Natalie G.
Director of Marketing
Philanthropy, Unspecified
3.5/5
3.5/5
May 21, 2015

“Shoretel truly makes the communication process easier”

ProsI rarely actually use my voicemail, but I understand that it's a necessary part of doing business with some. I appreciate that when I'm on the go, Shoretel's transcription allows me to still read voicemails, and the IM function is so necessary for intra-office communication. I love that I can access my voicemails via email and I never have to call in!
ConsI think Shoretel could benefit from a few more user-friendly benefits like recording of chats. Once the window closes, it's gone. However, at its core, what it does best is the availability of voicemail across other platforms. That happens very well. Also, I think that the interface that allows you to switch between the functions (calls, IMs, etc.) could be a little better organized. I've had complaints from colleagues that have been unable to figure out how to add contacts. When they try to set it up, they end up accidentally calling people.
Recommendations to other buyersRecognize that there will be growing pains on some of the useful features like IM.
May 21, 2015
Patty E.
Contact Center Agent
Gambling & Casinos, 11-50 employees
June 22, 2018

“My employer currently uses shoretel for our call center it works great for the most part”

OverallI get to do my job as a support agent without interuption for the most part, for a while we had alot of problems but now we seem to be doing good with no problems in the last couple of months.
Prosusually on most days it works great, the call quality is good and their are no issues. i like the ease of use and it connects instantly. I like how it gives us options to break, without having to log out and the timer helps me know how long i have been on my break or lunch break,
Conssometimes we have issues with the phone still rings while we are still on a call with the customer and sometimes the customer cannot hear us when we are answering the phone and vice versa, the support people keep blaming it on our computers but it is clearly not our computers when we havent had these issues with our older system.
June 22, 2018
jamison o.
support
Information Services, 201-500 employees
March 8, 2018

“This is easy to use, keeps record/history of phone calls and able to transfer dial as well.”

OverallYou are able to go back and check your call history and check voicemail and see who it is versus calling and not knowing.
ProsPros: You are able to check call history, check your length of calls, run reports, check statistics, works well with the phone itself and virtual system (application) on the computer. Visual of who left voicemails and caller id.
ConsCons, If the virtual system to log in off ect. goes down it is cumbersome to use the phone to log in and out and check history.
March 8, 2018
Michelle B.
Assistant Account Manager
Insurance, 201-500 employees
August 29, 2019

“Shoretel Phone”

OverallShoreTel VoIP Phone System helps us get in contact with our partners and clients and makes my workday easier.
ProsI forget which phone system provider we were with before but Shoretel is definitely much better! The phone has more features which helps me perform my work functions more efficiently.
ConsI would like to be able to forward voicemails to my coworkers from the main voicemail screen. I don't think we have this function.
August 29, 2019
DANIEL G.
PRODUCT MANAGER
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
March 20, 2019

“nice adquisition with shoretel ... mitel”

Overallis all about trust, for me this brand have my all trust, i know that nothing is perfecct, nothing is an bullet pruff but allways mitel support us fast and give us the answer that we want from
Prosthe easy of use, the flexible architecture of the solution and the surviving service aproach that they have.
Consthe telephones hadware are not bad, but some often got issues and from tenth that we buy always one have an issue
March 20, 2019
Jean F.
CTO
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
October 22, 2018

“Telephony done right with all the bells and whistles”

OverallA well thought system and with phones that are made to last. The phones are ergonomic and with unique design.
ProsWell designed product and made to last. The integration with all the other products, chat system, desktop and the different phone's models.
ConsNeeds a marketing plan for the rest of the world, not well know on latin america. Along with that not all the functions are in native language.
October 22, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2018

“Great product!”

ProsI highly recommend this product. I use the Shore Tel phone system everyday and till now very satisfied with its performance. I like the ease of recording any incoming or outgoing calls. You get a copy of the recordings to your email as well. It got the caller id feature which is really helpful too.
ConsNone, Very satisfied with its functionality and performance.
September 18, 2018
Rob J.
COO
November 16, 2017

“Our experience here has been very good. Such an upgrade from our last one!”

ProsThe thing I like most about the software is how user friendly it is. Maybe its because what we had previously was so bad and old but this is a light and day difference!
ConsI would say the thing I probably least like about the software is maybe the price. Its not the most expensive option out there but it isn't the cheapest. But overall we are very pleased
November 16, 2017
Jay B.
Director of Sales
May 25, 2016

“Simply The Best”

ProsShoreTel's TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) is the lowest in the industry, and part of that reason is because so many ShoreTel features come right out of the box. With other phone systems, you have to buy a different package or have to pay individually for features to be used. Not with ShoreTel. Also, I like the fact that ShoreTel is just a phone company. All of their R&D budget goes into making their system better, not just supporting what part of their product line is making the most revenue.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about ShoreTel. It is the best business phone system on the market, and I highly recommend it.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at all the other major players in the marketplace, including cloud vendors (ShoreTel has a cloud service, too), and then look at ShoreTel. Might as well save the best for last.
May 25, 2016
Andrew D.
Assistant Project Manager
Construction, 201-500 employees
March 19, 2019

“Makes Calling People a Breeze”

OverallI am able to work hands free when I'm on the phone now and can control everything from my computer. This is one of my favorite tools to use at work.
ProsI don't have to use any numbers on the phone to call people, I can just bring it up on a computer, type in a name, and click call.
ConsWhile it is easy to make calls, setting up the Tools and Settings can be confusing.
March 19, 2019
Cory S.
Sr. Manager of IT Solutions & Development
Management Consulting, 501-1000 employees
November 9, 2018

“Mitel Solutions”

ProsThey offer a full suite of solutions depending on what type of business you are and your exact needs. We have used them for a software/hardware phone solution and have had great success with them.
ConsCustomer support is lagging at times but has gotten better. Integration hiccups occurred from the onset and tend to pop up randomly
November 9, 2018
Rhett N.
Associate EDI Support Consultant II
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 5, 2018

“Great phone system”

OverallGreat phone system and phones, we have been using them for a long time.
ProsWe have been using these phones and phone system for awhile. It is a vast improvement over our old phone system. They provide a lot of functionality.
ConsIt does seem like system issues take awhile to fix. It is easy to accidently press an incorrect button/function.
October 5, 2018
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 20, 2018

“Easy to use phone management system”

ProsPhone software that allows us to integrate calls into our email and has been easy to use for even our least tech-savvy employees.
ConsUpdates time-to-time has been problematic, but I feel that maybe more due to our tech side vs software issues. If your system isn't set up in a conventional manner it could potentially cause headaches
April 20, 2018
Sookhee H.
Administration
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2018

“Very good phone for office use”

ProsEasy to make a call using computer keyboard and never to reach out the phone itself. Also good to track all voice mail and phone history.
ConsMany functions are hidden on the phone and you will need to learn how to use them using manual. Buying phone accessories like headset is not directly from ShoreTel but their third party dealer.
April 19, 2018
Scott C.
Driver & Safety Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2018

“Connects to Everything!”

OverallPretty easy initial setup - but can get quite technical and difficult the further you dive in to do substantial changes to how it connects to other programs and phones.
ProsI love the fact the Shoretel will connect to just about everything. It goes through anything connected through a Microsoft product and can get all contact information you need to import.
ConsIt takes quite a bit of searching and setup to get into your Office products and personal cell phones to grab contacts to import. It also is not the easiest to utilize for user freindlyness when it comes to changing setting ie, call forwarding and away. Also doesn't send Caller ID information when forwarding calls.
February 1, 2018
Jen S.
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2018

“Telephone software that cost way more than it was worth. ”

OverallThis software was an upgrade to our previous system, so the functionality of being able to perform changes /additions/deletions on line through a browser was very helpful.
ProsThis was quite an upgrade from our previous telephone software, so many of the features are an upgrade from what we had before. The software that each employee uses on a daily basis for their individual phones is helpful. It gives you minimal information, but is helpful in connection with each user and desk phone.
ConsAs an administrator I do not feel like the software is user friendly. Half of the symbols that represent functions on the phone system, don't even make sense to me. I end up going through each and every "main menu" item to get to every sub menu item searching for what I need. The purchase of this type of phone system (and the subsequent software) would have been optimal maybe 3-5 years ago, but doesn't function exactly as was told to us by the sales team. We were quite interested in the instant message and conference features available on the software, only to find out that the instant message feature is separate and requires its own dedicated server and separate installation. The tele-conference features were out of date and are much better met with a software like GoTo Meeting.
Kate R.
Strategic Advisor
August 8, 2017

“I use Shoretel to make all of my inbound and outbound calls. This is helpful to track my efforts”

Overall-easy to make calls to clients
Pros-easy to type in numbers to make calls (or paste in numbers) -easy reporting to see how many calls were made -FWD calls to cell phone is very handy when working remotely
Cons-calls do not always FWD to cell (could this be a VPN issue? possibly) -voicemail sometimes plays on computer or calls cell (Inconsistent)
August 8, 2017
Zak G.
IT Infrastructure Manager
51-200 employees
August 4, 2017

“Constant problems, inconsistent reporting, terrible support”

OverallThis is about Shoretel's new "Connect" system. We were on Shoretel Sky, and had no issues at all. We were told Shoretel Connect had better reporting and integration with our CRM. The switch from Sky to Connect was a nightmare and filled with issues. Four months after the transition and we still have issues pop up every week. As far as support, prior to 2016 Shoretel had one of the best support departments we had the pleasure of interacting with. Sometime during 2016, however, the hold times started getting longer and longer, and the support reps newer. The current hold time, we are experiencing, averages about 45 minutes.. just to get someone on the phone.
ProsPros: * It is fully cloud based * Ability to rent equipment so no excess inventory is required * they try... but fail
ConsCons: * inconsistent reporting/call history * long hold time for support and if the issue is complicated, it takes several days to get resolved * the datacenter / database backend is constantly breaking; causing issues logging in or getting the phone(s) to work at all * the mobility app (application on smartphone) is antiquated and constantly dropping * Price is extremely high compared to the poor quality of service received
August 4, 2017
Melissa C.
Payroll
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
September 17, 2019

“Shortel”

OverallThe different statuses help a lot because we dont have to take the time to leave out of office messages.
Pros I like the ability to drag and drop when transferring calls to other employees within the organization.
ConsI cannot see the original callers information when a voicemail is transferred to me from another employee.
September 17, 2019
Kali S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
September 20, 2018

“Not very user friendly”

ProsI like how you can customize groups within the system to be able to make transfers without the desk top phone. I unfortunately do not have a lot of other things that I like about this software.
ConsThis software could use a lot more user friendly options. To transfer using the online system you have to go through a series of 3-4 clicks, and if another call is coming in you have to wait for that to be transferred before you can transfer the call you have.
September 20, 2018
LAWRENCE B.
VP IT Security and Infrastructure
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 24, 2018

“Good system ”

OverallOnce configured, the mitel system runs fine.
ProsThe mitel system is fairly simple to install It has a small foot print and has a very rich set of features.
ConsThe basic setup requires a good knowledge of phone systems. Simple tasks like setting a day and a night message are not simple click choices.
April 24, 2018
Diane L.
Corporate Secretary
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
April 5, 2018

“ShoreTel is a great product”

OverallEase of use and ability to contact employees without picking up my phone!
ProsI love the ease of using ShoreTel from my computer screen. It makes it much easier to call other employees when I need help with something
ConsThere is nothing a I do not like about ShoreTel. It is very easy to use and I have not had any problems with it.
April 5, 2018
Riccardo F.
Business Process Manager
501-1000 employees
February 8, 2018

“Great Phone System!!”

ProsThis is a fantastic phone system for large or medium enterprise, very high quality and nice phones Good messaging system
ConsAnnual support can be expensive for the phone system Tons of add-ons, not an all-in-one price and you get everything, very fragmented in what you have to buy to make it a fully functioning system
February 8, 2018
Emily G.
Production Support Analyst
5001-10,000 employees
November 1, 2017

“good phone software”

Prosvisual voicemail, call queues, history, address book, I can copy and paste phone numbers from the web, easy to use
ConsI use the softphone feature of this on VPN which can occasionally cause problems. Everytime I restart my vpn I have to restart the software, sometimes multiple times to get it to connect to the server
November 1, 2017
Mike F.
Recruiter
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
May 14, 2018

“Absolutely Great”

ProsOur company uses Shortell and they are great. In all the years of using different providers they are hands down the best.
ConsSome of the features are not rolled out to us. This is more of a corporate regulation but I'd like to be able to use all the functionality
May 14, 2018
Kelsey S.
Executive Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
May 2, 2018

“Company Phone/IM Service”

ProsMy company uses this software for our phone service and IM service. It is so nice to be able to instant message employees that are not in the same building.
ConsNo complaints here- I'm very happy with the functionality of this product. We will continue to use it in our company.
May 2, 2018
Matthew B.
Equipping and Discipleship Director
Philanthropy, 201-500 employees
March 29, 2018

“Good phone system”

ProsThe biggest pro for us was it's simple. Easy to use. Rolled it out to the floor in just a week and only a single training. We loved it's usability.
ConsNo issues in general. It really delivers asa promised. Little glitches here and there but nothing substantial.
March 29, 2018
Chad G.
Laborer
January 18, 2018

“Quality phone system with lots of features”

OverallEasy to use phone system.
ProsThis phone system is capable of doing lots of different things, so there's a learning curve but overall it's pretty easy and does it's job well.
ConsTo be honest it's just a phone system that does what it's supposed to do, so I can't say I dislike anything.
January 18, 2018
Mental Health Care, 501-1000 employees
January 9, 2018

“I love all of the different variables that comes with using ShoreTel Communicator”

OverallThat is awesome and I would love to have it for home use.
ProsThe combination of PC and Phone is just awesome along with the different variables and easy to use features is a definite plus.
ConsIt would be nice to have this software for home use as well, but I believe its for business purposes only.
Tom J.
Skilled Laborer
December 20, 2017

“No complaints, this is a good phone.”

OverallThis phone has not damaged my hearing in any way, shape, or form.
ProsI like that the software is so simple and helpful. Shoretel really does make my job easier when I need to make a call.
ConsThe maximum volume level isn't as loud as I'd like, which makes it harder for old folks like me to hear things.
December 20, 2017
Mike F.
Recruiter
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees

“ShoreTel Customer Review”

OverallOverall ShoreTel has been a great product.
ProsShoreTel provides easy access and controls Call quality and clarity has been great Quite a few advanced functions
ConsSome of the advanced admin features can be hard to find Compatibility with some wireless headsets Additional modes from the main screen
Michael D.
Help Desk Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 2, 2019

“A Great Cisco Alternative”

OverallCisco Agent didn't do enough for us, so we decided to use ShoreTel. Great change, you can type names and extensions straight into the softphone and instantly dial anyone.
ProsEasy to use, great management of devices, users, and admin. Easy dialing, ShoreTel phones can also take a BEATING.
ConsThe software could be a little cleaner on the side. The UI needs a bit of a change, especially the back end which just looks old.
April 2, 2019
Gurvinder S.
CRA II (Global Study Management)
Biotechnology, 501-1000 employees
July 1, 2018

“ShoreTel”

ProsThe system does well when you only have to receive calls and listen to voicemail. However, system gets very complicated when you want to use it for advance features
ConsMy company has Shoretel, I was surprised to see how the system is not user friendly. Features like call forwarding can take time to setup. Even the phones are not easy to navigate...I have used much simpler phones with great features.
July 1, 2018
Benjamin M.
Sales Manager
April 1, 2018

“Great Functionality ”

ProsI like the ability to download voicemail files Visual voice History and address book Recodrs all data analytics accurate
ConsSometimes it is not stable enough Support / maintenance is a bit expensive Unable to play voice messages from cloud
April 1, 2018
Jennifer J.
Business and Technology Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees
February 24, 2017

“5 years of use”

OverallIt's been 5 years since our company switched from an old PBX to VoIP and there were some difficult times during the transition, but overall it was the right decision. So many more features and it really connected our two locations and facilitated better communication.
ProsGreat features and great support options out there. Reliable and even if the internet is down it reverts back to analog lines so there is no interruption of service.
ConsObviously dependent on reliable internet. For a while our internet here was up and down constantly and it made our VoIP experience very poor. Hard to maintain in-house so we pay a certified dealer to handle our support.
Recommendations to other buyersFind a reputable provider
February 24, 2017
Apparel & Fashion, Unspecified
May 8, 2018

“If you need something to soley dial a number and track information, then Shoretel may be for you!”

ProsShoretel is a very simple program, and gives you exactly what you need; integration with salesforce, easy dialing with a click, tracks the basics (length of a call, connects, outbound calls, inbound calls, and voicemails)
ConsShoretel crashed often (aka, once every two weeks) and the whole sales floor would have to stop calling, and sometimes it would miss calls.
May 8, 2018
Porter S.
HR Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2018

“Easy to Use but Lacking A Feature”

ProsI like this system for its ease of use. We didn't require extensive training. It was more of a pick up and go experience.
ConsWish there was a guide for the icons on the phone. We cannot find it on the website. Also, in a work group there should be a feature to send a call to voicemail instead of the only options being answer or let it ring to the next person.
April 30, 2018
Ethan C.
Tool Crib Extraordinaire
December 14, 2017

“Shoretel is great! I love the software side that connects to my computer.”

OverallQuick and easy access to contacts and calls.The features are nice and I have not had any problems with it so far.
ProsShoretel software connects to my computer and all contacts are able to be saved, searched, and dialed right from my screen.
December 14, 2017
Adwin W.
Jr. Financial Analyst
51-200 employees
October 5, 2017

“ShorTel, the product that does what it's supposed to.”

ProsWhat I enjoy the most about this product is that is very user friendly. The interface is easy to maneuver around.
ConsNot sure if this is my work laptop itself but it takes a long time for it to load when I boot my computer.
Jonas C.
Senior Technical Account Manager
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
September 19, 2017

“Makes Remote Work Easy”

ProsEasy to use VOIP software, makes working remotely simple. Seamless integration with a headset/microphone combo.
ConsInterface is a little outdated looking and could use a UI facelift. Occasional issues with sound when using over VPN.
September 19, 2017
Daniel L.
Vice President
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Unspecified
March 18, 2015

“ShoreTel User for 8 Years Plus”

ProsIt's easy to manage, there's good API's and there is a limited number of hardware components. Many of the IP phone systems lack features that have long been in the older phone system, but ShoreTel has worked. Plus they've added their basic Workgroup Call Center software. While it is an extra license, it's easy to manage and has the functionality we need.
ConsSome system instability and they don't seem to be adding features to their API's.
Recommendations to other buyersEvaluate your use of Hunt Groups carefully. A lot of smaller companies have depended heavily on Hunt Groups, but ShoreTel's implementation in this area has a lot of limits despite being a central part of the system design for HA.
March 18, 2015