DogBizPro Ratings

Overall

About DogBizPro

Our software is designed to help you manage your dog training, dog daycare or dog boarding business without spending a lot of time learning new software. Our straightforward and easy-to-use application delivers all of the information you need to go about your daily activities without spending extra time looking through files or stacks of papers. Learn more about DogBizPro

Consumer Services, Self-employed
March 8, 2019

“Works fine but could be much better”

OverallI have been using it since I started my business 5 years ago and have been mostly pleased with it. The 2 issues I mentioned in the cons are really big ones and have made me search for better scheduling options. Unfortunately, there aren't others that really specialize in dog training and lack in other areas that are essential. If they fixed those 2 issues, it would be perfect!
ProsI like that this software is specific to dog training. It's also great about allowing me to customize things to my needs. The reports feature is great as well. Their customer support is top notch and they have a very extensive, easy to use "help" page that details how to do a lot of things. I also like that I can access from my phone, even though that could use some improvements as well.
Cons1. First and foremost, it needs to be made more user-friendly for clients booking private sessions. I am often booked out weeks in advance. When a client goes to book a session, it pops up with the current week, causing the client to have to search for the next available private session. I'm sure I have lost clients who got frustrated with trying to book a session and went elsewhere. Other scheduling software platforms have lists of what's available, so people can see it right away rather than having to search for it. 2. They do not have the option for us to send an automatic email or text reminder for sessions and classes. The new owners are aware of this and will be fixing it.

By DogBizPro on March 18, 2019
Thank you for the review! As you mentioned, text/email reminders is in the works. I'll also get it on our list to look at the private registration option to make sure it's not difficult for clients to locate available classes.
Juniper Z.
Dog Trainer
Veterinary, Self-employed
March 8, 2019

“Good for contracts, client info, billing; weak on scheduling”

OverallIt's better than the spreadsheet I was using before, but after using it for two years, I don't feel it's totally worth the high cost. If they were to add the scheduling features that one expects but are missing (eg automatic reminders, client ability to reschedule or cancel), I would be much more satisfied.
ProsHandles client information, waivers, contracts, questionnaires, and billing well. Integrates with PayPal.
ConsSteep learning curve. Admin console/settings not all set up in an intuitive way. Clients are not able to reschedule or cancel their existing appointments. No automatic appointment reminders. Does not integrate both ways with Google Calendar.

By DogBizPro on March 19, 2019
Thank you for the review. The new update coming out very soon revamps the menus used for Admin/Setup, I think you'll find it much easier! And as soon as that update comes out we'll be working on the reminders.
Tracy H.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
March 8, 2019

“DogBiz Pro Makes Business Flow Easier”

ProsThat it's tailored to dog professionals. Lots of options and features that likely ins't found in other off the shelf solutions.
ConsSome features haven't been implemented yet, BUT they always keep a wishlist going so that we are heard. Many suggestions have been implemented!

By DogBizPro on March 11, 2019
Thank you for the wonderful review. You're absolutely right that we're listening to your requests and will continue to add the features that will help your businesses!
Kimberly S.
Higher Education, 1-10 employees

“Very easy to use!”

OverallNo more taking registrations or payments manually, saving time! I've had the software for five years now and have no idea how I did business without it before!
ProsVery easy to set up and easy to integrate with my existing website.
ConsSometimes, a feature will confuse bit their tech support is very helpful and punctual.

By DogBizPro on March 18, 2019
Thanks for the stellar review! Glad you are pleased with the product and we plan on continuing to improve it.
Kathy E.
Owner/Founder

“DogBizPro Rocks!”

OverallI've been a customer of DogBizPro for two years and I absolutely love it! It has made my life so much easier as a sole proprietor and currently, sole employee of my dog training business. I no longer have to manually register students. They can easily create an account, which will always be there for them, so they can quickly register for future classes. Customer service has been outstanding from Day One! I was able to set up phone assistance as well as web assistance with the developer, Stephanie Challand. She walked me through the software, step by step, so I knew exactly how the program would work for me. I have been completely satisfied with DogBizPro. The only thing that I do not use much of, is tracking the student payments. I have a different software program I use, that I enter all of my receipts. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing double duty, as if I don't also enter payments from students and they check their account, it looks like they have not paid. So, for the time being, I'm entering receipt of payment in DBP and also my accounting software. But, my overall assessment is 5 stars! I'm so happy I have DBP! It has made a big difference with my business and how I handle class scheduling and special events. Thank you, Stephanie Challand for all of your help. DBP Rocks!
Monique J.
Business owner
Veterinary, Self-employed
March 8, 2019

“Dog biz pro helps me manage my business”

OverallCustomer service has been hit and miss. And there are still features I can't make work despite asking for help. But it's still the only client management software out there they does what I need even though it's not perfect
ProsI like the ability for clients to schedule their own sessions and that it allows me to take payment via PayPal
ConsThe system doesn't reconcile payments it always shows clients with an outstanding balance even though they paid at the time of making their booking.
Julie M.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

“DBP”

OverallLinking to my website was easy
ProsWas able to link calendar to my website very easily
ConsSending welcome email at registration to users is a complicated process

By DogBizPro on March 18, 2019
Thanks for the great review. We'll look into making the welcome email at registration easier.
Emily C.
Owner/Trainer
November 23, 2015

“Great customer service but features leave a lot to be desired.”

OverallThe pros: Can be accessed it on multiple devices. Provides a way for customers to register online. Responsive customer service and friendly interactions. Cons: Time consuming to learn in general- even after using for a year there's still many things that I'm not familiar with how to best facilitate. Dialogue boxes that open can not be enlarged for easier use on small devices and I can't do things like cut and paste text when creating a client note. Can't add a document to the middle of a client message. End date resets any time an event is edited which has led to confusion about end dates and times. Clients routinely report complications registering and paying. No way to revisit the content of messages sent through DBP. Not intuitive for those who have limited tech savvy. Not integrated with Quickbooks. Can't draw a report of referral sources Email Marketing has been challenging to learn (haven't tried new integration yet.) Can't search for unused credits in the training module (like unpaid balances can be.) Can't autopopulate messages with things like credits available or impending expiration of credits No automatic confirmations. (would love to be able to schedule appointment confirmations that will be received by the client in the manner they have selected with the ability for the client to respond to the confirmation) Appointment Scheduling is complicated and has too many steps. I generally schedule the clients next appointment at the end of the current appointment and it takes upwards of 5 minutes just to get it scheduled. The dialogue box, again, adds to this difficulty. Online booking for boarding doesn't accommodate changes in fees based on time of year or add-on services such as early drop off or late pick up. No ability to record retail items.
Connie C.
November 25, 2015

“As the office Manager of Kellar's Canine I am utilizing this site constantly.”

OverallI think the DogBizPro has some good qualities, however when working on the calendar portion of the site, after each and every edit or input the site goes all the way out to the current calendar then you need to go to search again for the days/months you were working on. In the search field either in client or under the dogs name, unless you have the name exactly how it is posted in the file it is not found quickly. In other words, if a client registers themselves without the assistance of an employee, and they use all lower case or all capitals in their name, you can not easily pull up the information. It becomes a search game by then going to the dogs name or changing the cursor. Or when you go to pull a name and the individual registers with a nickname or visa versa their full name, again it becomes a search game which at times is not productive.
Karen S.
August 7, 2015

“Expensive with Poor Customer Service”

OverallI repeatedly experienced issues with this program, from the automatic mailing system failing to send out class alerts, to glitches with the way my lesson plans appeared to my customers online. I stopped using the program in favor of another, and the owner (Stephanie Challard, see her review of her own product below mine) refused to refund money paid ahead after canceling the service, citing their strict "policy." Do not get involved with this company, you will regret it.

By DogBizPro on August 7, 2015
Karen, thank you for your review of our software. I think that there are a few things that we want to touch on first. We have excellent customer service as you can see from the testimonials on our website as well as Dog*Tec's reviews (they use our software too). We answer questions within minutes, not days like other software companies. We offer free consultations to clients on how to set things up to meet your needs. We never received any such requests or reports of issues from Karen the entire time she was using our software or we would have promptly responded and offer her such things. We do have a strict cancellation policy. You let us know 15-days prior to your next billing and we will cancel it for you. Simple as that! I am very sorry that Karen did not find our service helpful to her business but the claims she has reported in this review are just not accurate.
August 7, 2015
Kathrine C.

“Worth every penny!”

OverallDogBizPro saves me hours of work every week - it's a great system for client management and training class management. I love that my clients can sign themselves up, sign their waiver, and enter all their dog's info, all without me lifting a finger - so much admin time saved! It takes some setup, but that's just because it's so customizable, which is wonderful. And, many processes are automated, such as invoicing, payments, and autoresponders. Cons are that it's a little clunky trying to integrate into my website, and not mobile-friendly when I need to check client info on the road. Overall a good product, constant improvements from a wonderful customer service team and I will stick with it.
Jim S.
Consumer Services, Self-employed
September 12, 2018

“Limited functionality for comprehensive facility”

ProsAfter figuring it out, I can enroll quickly if class is not full.
ConsA number of things. No room on front page for any class description, you have to click on the title to go there. Links do not highlight to take you to the enrollment. Also, limited space to write class descriptions. There is no way to develop a wait list.
September 12, 2018
Haylee B.
Public Trainer
November 23, 2015

“Easy to use and perfect for small businesses”

OverallI have used this for two different businesses over the last 3 years. The improvements have gotten substantially better over the last year. Pros: Pretty simple to use. Clean and easy set-up for class creation, private training and events. And would use again! Cons: Could use a few more updates like a better calendar that is also suitable for website use. Creating and uploading documents is still tricky and doesn't work the way you would expect. My clients have a hard time with them and they are not easily changed and redone. Also, using authorize net for payment processing can be a pain as their site is not great.
Jennifer H.

“Great Program”

OverallDogbizpro is a great program for your Dog Business Company. I love the automatic updates, and the easy and speed of the customer support. They are willing to listen to requests for changes and try to implement changes they agree are necessary. I also like the fact that it is a web-based program and I do not have to store the information on a single computer, I can access my client information from anywhere I have a cellular or wifi signal. I would love to see a mobile app for the business end user, but I do understand that is coming.
Gwen L.
Owner / Operator

“I love this software!”

OverallI've been using DogBiz Pro for a number of years now. I cannot run my business without it! Every time I've had a question or an issue the response time and customer service has been second to none. My business has quadrupled since I've implemented this software along with PayPal. The software allows for new customers to register on-line, it is integrated with PayPal to allow for ease of payment and it keeps me organized. I recommend this software to all my dog business friend connections.
Larry B.

“One complete program”

OverallI have used this program since 10/17/2013, and it has helped me grow my business in so many ways. I now can keep track of a six figure business with piece of mind and ease. This product covers just about every angle of the business I'm in. At present, I have 1865 clients on board, and 1931 dogs. DogBiz Pro allows me to keep track of all the transactions and details of every sell I make, and do reports on the year I've had. I would like to see a mobile version I could use on my IPad.
Terry B.
Profession Dog Trainer & Behaviour Consultant
November 22, 2015

“Without a doubt the best online program a trainer could want to have to keep track of their business”

OverallMost definitely user friendly. Their online support is second to none. So many ways to reach support, chat online, Online Support Portal. There are videos online. Email support and telephone support. DogBizPro can do it all. From private classes and events to modular classes, Daycare, Track Clients, dogs, First response, Calendar, online payments, Client registrations and these are only a few of the things necessary to conduct your business. With DogBizPro you can have it all.
Lori C.

“So far so good!”

OverallI just purchased this software and have been busy setting it up so I can start using it soon! It's pretty user friendly and there are articles and videos for everything, but some of the instructions haven't been as clear as I would have liked and I had to email customer service. Of course, they're great getting back to me. I can't wait to finish setting everything up and I look forward to offering this service to my clients.
Tracy H.
November 23, 2015

“Great for scheduling and reporting”

OverallI really appreciate that when suggestions are made for improvements, DogBizPro is really great. Overall I like the product. The calendar function is helpful but not always clear to customers who are looking for something specific. The reports are helpful but not always intuitive. Nice to have tracking of vaccinations and attendance. I'm sure I don't use the software to its full potential.
Stephanie C.
Trainer
February 23, 2015

“Love DogBizPro”

OverallI absolutely love DogBizPro! It makes organizing our business, classes, clients, dogs & daycare information so much easier. The customer support is outstanding! Our emails are answered in minutes during business hours. This helps so much in getting things done quickly. Our clients love being able to register for classes, events and other services online. It is also a huge time savings for us.
February 23, 2015
Justin P.
November 22, 2015

“Dog Biz Pro is a very handy tool for my dog training business.”

OverallAfter the initial set up time Dog Biz Pro is a very simple to use customer management tool for dog training businesses. Like anything, the more you use it the easier it gets. There are lots of customization options and useful tutorials with great tech support. I am still getting used to Dog Biz Pro myself and look forward to unlocking its full potential.
Jessica B.

“Great Software System”

OverallThis software system is pretty good for an agility business. Many great features and the updates have been fabulous. I still have a little difficulty with the register and giving refunds. It would also be nice to have everything on one calendar. The multiple calendars can get a little muddy when multiple users are adding to them.
Kim S.
President / Lead Trainer
November 22, 2015

“This program has changed the way I do business! ”

OverallHas cut my time on a computer in half! Students can easily register for class at their convenience and pay at the same time. New students can easily see what I offer at a glance and if they have a question are able to email me right from the system. I don't know how I did business for 7 years prior to having this software!
Linda L.
Ower

“Great customer service.”

OverallAfter much review I selected DogBizPro due to its appropriate fit for my needs and the excellent customer service. Although I had some difficulty using it at first, Stephanie promptly answered my phone calls and guided me through to understanding the program. I would recommend this company to others.
Connie M.
Owner and Instructor
November 23, 2015

“Fantastic software and very logical!”

OverallAs a new client, I was pleasantly surprised when I received my new software with my company logo and matching logo color on the software screens! Also I found the software help was very logically and I could pretty find everything I was looking for easily, and then quickly get through my learning curve.
Susi H.
Owner/Head Dog Trainer
November 30, 2015

“This software is great! Very user friendly and easy to use. Dog Biz Pro is the way to go”

OverallThis software has been very easy to use. I have had no issues with my clients using this site. Dog Biz Pro is amazing with their Excellent customer service. Always ready to answer questions and so helpful. I highly recommend Dog Biz Pro to all Animal Services.
Jacqui T.
November 22, 2015

“Easy to access, easy to use. I love being able to access people's details on the fly.”

OverallInexpensive, easy to use, easy to integrate into your web site. I need to spend some more time playing with the system as I haven't made full use of the forms, however it was super-easy to get up & running quickly, and my life is much more efficient with online bookings!
Jeff D.
November 22, 2015

“Couldn't Live Without It”

OverallAs my new business grew and my schedule became busier it was very apparent I needed something to help keep my sanity. Thank goodness for Strphanie and DogBizPro! So easy to use and customize. I couldn't imagine doing business without it.
Lisa B.
November 24, 2015

“I have used this for 3 + years and have watched it develop to suit many needs.”

OverallI am not super saavy with computers but this has been one of the easiest programs I have used for the Dog Training Professionals. I highly recommend it to a number for trainers to help organize their business.
Karen H.
November 22, 2015

“This software is extremely user friendly.”

OverallIf you can't figure out how something works on the website, Stephanie has always been extremely helpful with answering my questions. If I need to leave a message my inquiries have always been answered promptly.
Vicki R.

“So glad I did this!”

OverallI am so happy that I decided to get DogBizPro. It has been an amazing time saver for me. It makes it so much easier to register people for classes, send group emails, keep track of classes and clients. A great investment.
Jennifer S.
Owner, lead trainer
May 17, 2015

“Great software, was able to get signed up and see demos online at night, not having to wait !”

OverallNew to this software but very familiar with similar as we have a veterinary clinic. This cloud based organizational software is perfect for small to larger training businesses and has great options - for basic to full on pro users.
May 17, 2015
Chantal M.
November 24, 2015

“It's amazing and new features always being added.”

OverallThe customer service is excellent. Response rate is super fast and helpful. Requests are taken into consideration. This is a wonderful product and it keeps getting better.
Colleen D.
Owner/Dog Trainer
November 23, 2015

“Great software for dog trainers”

OverallThis software is great for any dog trainers who offer private sessions and/or group classes. Less admin work for me as a business owner and more time working with dogs.
Shirley M.
canine training specialist / owner

“like the product ”

OverallKeeps me fairly organized, I still have not learned how to use the on line registration for my clients