Phocas Software Ratings

Overall

About Phocas Software

Phocas is a cloud-based, SaaS company specializing in data analytics for manufacturing, distribution and retail industries. We use our sector knowledge to consolidate essential business data from common ERP, CRM, and AP/AR systems to make it simple to access companywide insights through historical and predictive analysis. From day one, users get tracking and reporting on essential KPIs and metrics that are specific to role and industry, but can also customize for their business' unique needs. Learn more about Phocas Software

NIcholas G.
Data Analyst

“Phocas is Amazing!”

OverallThe biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.
ProsEase of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.
ConsThis is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.
Jim M.
Sales & Marketing Manager
October 10, 2019

“Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task”

OverallPhocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.
ProsWe have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.
ConsI would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.
Jorge A.
IT
Medical Devices, 201-500 employees

“Best BI Tool ”

OverallI love it, since we really started using phocas(last pug conference) I have decreased the amount of crystal reports by at least 75% or more.
ProsThis software allows me to gather databases from all over the organization and present the, to our users via dashboard/report or let them drive their own reporting.
ConsIt was a bit difficult to understand the Sync/dbdesigner part since documentation on this was a bit vague
Adam L.
Controller

“Phocas Review”

OverallWe use it for daily, weekly and monthly exception reporting for all areas of our business.
ProsUser-friendliness. It's very intuitive and easy to use. It has a nice clean and modern look and feel.
ConsIt doesn't have all the data in it we would like and sometimes it is difficult to get that data into Phocas. That may be more of an Eclipse limitation though.
Jason H.
Area Manager
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
October 10, 2019

“Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool”

OverallMy overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.
ProsEase of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.
ConsSometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.
Mike J.
Wholesale, 201-500 employees
October 9, 2019

“BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.”

OverallBeing able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.
ProsWhat I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.
ConsThe thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.
Stephanie S.
B.I. Software Specialist
May 9, 2017

“I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it. ”

ProsThe ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.
ConsI wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.
Bo A.
Business Intelligence Manager
May 9, 2017

“Very User Friendly Software”

OverallIt's a great tool at a great value and it keeps improving. If you don't know what you're doing this team is more than happy to help you get off the ground and train you and set up your initial databases, they'll help you succeed.
ProsThe support team is great and very helpful. The software is very easy to learn for new users and people that aren't comfortable with an analytics tool. The tool is very intuitive and you can start doing analysis very quickly.
ConsThe Custom function does add depth of functionality, but it's hard to do certain formulas like Maxs, Mins, or Standard Deviations. The amount of graphics and charts is increasing but it would still be nice to have more.
James L.
Finance Director

“Phocas going forward”

OverallIt is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.
ProsI am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas
ConsI would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.
Shirley M.
Financial Controller
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 13, 2019

“A Game Changer!”

Overallthe data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.
Prosthe ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!
ConsThere is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!
October 13, 2019
DArren B.
National Sales Manager

“Excellent Business Intelligence”

OverallManaging a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.
ProsThe ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent. Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.
ConsWriting custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you don't do it very often.
Grahame B.
Head of Technical Services
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
October 8, 2019

“Our experience over 16 years of Phocas usage”

ProsWe have been a user of Phocas since 2003 and it has proved to be the single most useful piece of software we have ever used. We have our staff, customers and suppliers accessing the system, it is that good. Our suppliers prefer to use Phocas to their own in house systems and our customers say they have never seen anything as good. Without Phocas we would seriously struggle to know what is going on in our business.
ConsThere is nothing we don't really like...
Martin S.
Building Materials, 501-1000 employees

“Reporting to masses”

ProsPhocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%
ConsPhocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.
mark v.
sales manager
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Phocas Software review”

Overallgreat staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas
ProsThe system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.
ConsI have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.
Gene P.
Salesman
Packaging and Containers, 501-1000 employees

“My experience ”

OverallUse it everyday, helps service customers quickly.
ProsFind out extended history on a customer; get transactional data over any specified time period; review usage by product category, vendor, customer, grade, order type, etc.
ConsCan view on iPad, but not real clean: limiting fields in some of the functions tend to overlap making it impossible to do. Would like to abbreviate column headings, but can't.
CHRISTOPHER L.

“Phocas Software review”

OverallSales and profit information by customer and product line is instantaneously available. I do not know how we functioned without it. Grat tool to analyze sales and profitability
ProsInformation Availability and speed of access to queries
ConsWe cannot link our customer price matrix database to our sales information
Cyndi S.
Pricing Manager
Building Materials, 201-500 employees

“Phocas BI”

OverallWe are an Electrical Distributor. We use Phocas in every facet of our business to pull data about sales, inventory, products.
ProsEasy to use and understand. Logical thought processes to pull your data.
ConsWhen using the Nesting feature you have to be right on the "Drag here" in order to have your other dimension stick. Sometimes you must try three or four times before it holds.
James L.
Data Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 501-1000 employees
May 9, 2017

“I'm a daily power user for focus and train our team. Best data analysis software to date!”

ProsThe software is not only easy to use, and basically unbreakable, it is accessible almost anywhere. Hours have been saved thanks to the software. This is hands down the best software that i've ever used in my company.
ConsMinor gripes about the interface and specific features that could be easily fixed. Currently running an older version, so 2016 may fix some of them
Dianne M.
Information Systems
Building Materials, 51-200 employees

“Love Phocas!”

ProsI have been a Phocas user for a couple of years. Being a SHIMS user, we are always looking for software to enhance it and make the end users lives easier. Phocas has been a great fit for us.
ConsWe started using the CRM database about 6 months ago. After a somewhat rocky start, the salesforce is finally embracing the technology.
Andrew K.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
July 29, 2015

“Best piece of software ever!”

ProsPhocas is very easy to use, very intuitive and provides excellent business information. It is relatively inexpensive per user and at times, worth its weight in gold!
ConsNothing really. I am not a lover of the weekly/ monthly user subscription model as unless you make a point of regularly reviewing the usage, as your business changes sometimes you end up paying for users that have stopped using it. However that's really our problem rather than theirs.
Recommendations to other buyersTo be honest, I haven't reviewed any alternatives. Before Phocas we were trying to slice and dice information using spreadsheets etc. Phocas has revolutionised our BI and has undoubtedly improved our business decisions. Apart for the obvious benefits of better information, I feel that the ease of use is paramount so that non tech savvy people can still use it quickly with very little training.
July 29, 2015
Jerry H.
Director of Operations
May 9, 2017

“Easy to use and learn. Powerful, but not intimidating. ”

ProsThis software deals with large amounts of data with exceptional speed and simplicity putting relevant data at your finger tips. Easy to convince people to use
ConsLimited in complex searches. CRM is Limited. Whenever you get a software that offers simplcity, there is some sacrifice on flexibility, but it is worth the sacrifice
David M.
Building Materials, 51-200 employees

“Phocas review”

OverallWe have improved margin, customer retention, staff output and much more.
ProsData is very powerful when used properly. Easy to use once leaned and it's extremely quick to extract important data.
ConsSome bugs still sit in the software. Not a lot but they are annoying when they do pop up.
Brandon G.
Purchasing Manager/Business Analyst
3.5/5
March 31, 2015

“The first place I turn to find answers”

ProsPhocas is like Legos. With a little creativity, you can build almost anything you'll ever need to find and solve problems with stats. Simple but consistent and powerful.
ConsThe product always gives quick, accurate results; however, the support team does not. We get very custom with how we use the BI, and it feels like high-end users know more about the product than the advocates. It takes time to get details worked out on new databases, and we have been skipped over for upgrades in the past.
Recommendations to other buyersWatch some of the product tutorials and webinars. That will give you ideas on new and better ways to measure business that otherwise would not be on your radar. The hard part isn't finding the answers. It is finding the right questions to ask of your business.
March 31, 2015
OLIVIA G.
HR Manager
April 17, 2019

“Simplified Tool for business data”

ProsI'm able to see various snapshots of all the data that drives my business decisions in one place - and even better - I am able to slice and dice the data in different ways so as to get in depth analysis when needed
ConsNot in real time (at least for my organization) - the data downloads every night so we have to wait until next day to see numbers up until the previous day
April 17, 2019
Joseph C.
Systems Programmer/Analyst
Construction, 201-500 employees

“Great product”

ProsVery easy to get to the data that we need. We have used this product for about 5 years now and it works great.
ConsIt takes a little bit of setup but most of that was just trying to decide what data we wanted to get to. Other than that no real problems.
Agnes D.
Marketing Manager

“Marketing Manager”

ProsPhocas allows me to track the results of sales promotions with ease. It also lets me focus in on under performing product classes and identify the root cause. It's one of the best software programs we have.
Earl P.
Managing Director

“Phocas Software Review”

Pros* How quickly you can slice and dice your data * Reliability of data * No hidden costs and no extra charges * Support desk that helps and does not charge
Cons* Remembering how to do things, * Inability to manage your favourites or saved reports e.g. folder arrangement would be great
Dan B.
Director of Regional Sales
Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1000 employees

“Great Sales Aid”

OverallVery easy to use and love the ability to quickly frill down information.
ProsBeing able to pull customer data quickly. I can identify customers opportunities and successes with the sales data.
Tara O.
Sales & Marketing Dept.
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 29, 2017

“makes my job a whole lot easier//...”

OverallAll in all great product and I would highly recommend
Prosits user friendly and easy to get around, produces reports quickly, analysis of data is at your fingetips
ConsCustomising reports can be hard to navigate around
George C.
Marketing Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
June 29, 2017

“The best way to overcome and compliment the traditional spreadsheet model for analysing your business. ”

ProsAn easy to use and intuitive way to segment audience, sales and kpi's Simple user interface Continued development
ConsAdding new data sources as an end user Not being able to automate feeds from Phocas into other databases or systems
Tom F.
Pricing Coodinator
March 26, 2015

“Phocas delivers.”

ProsI like that the company is as easy to work with as their software. Great team, and a great product. Delivers the data we need to drive our business forward. This offering is flexible and tailored to your needs. Its both lighter and more simplified than comparable offerings and still delivers a powerful punch of data.
ConsNo complaints. Not even a little bit. Product and Customer service are outstanding.
Recommendations to other buyersGet in line to get on board with the system. If you are looking at BI solutions, this one is a winner.
March 26, 2015
Rob P.
CFO
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
October 7, 2019

“Progressive Reporting package adding value”

OverallPhocas has made Monthly reporting made easier to put together and share with the team. Implementation was relatively straight forward. Priced about right.
ProsSimple to use Modern and up to date software Graphics and Dashboard are value adding Training opportunities Web based - access anywhere
ConsRelies on good internet connection (obviously)
anne c.
territory manager

“phocas - easy”

OverallI check my clients what they are purchasing - and compare over 12 month period - very helpful in meetings - opens discussions. Client also likes to see their order history.
ProsClear - easy to use and find the information I require
ConsHave not found anything yet! I love the software has all the information I need to conduct my business on a day to day routines.
Julia M.
Business Development Manager
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Eastbrook Review”

OverallDoes help me to identify which areas within my customers business need growth. Information is given in a clear and concise way.
ProsVery simple and easy to use. Easy to navigate.
ConsSometimes can be very slow. Have to press CTRL & F5 to clear it.
Jared L.
Senior Financial Analyst
May 9, 2017

“Super User Friendly and Powerful Tool!”

ProsPhocas is super easy to use and a powerful tool for our management team. It is easy to get our staff up and running on the platform.
ConsI wish it had more options for combining streams and plotting the data on using both the horizontal and vertical axis.
Susan G.

“Awesome!”

OverallI couldn't do my job without it!
ProsQuick and easy to get the reports you need. Dashboards with summaries that you can drill down into.
ConsSo much at once is hard to take in and learn all Phocas can give you. Too much data can be overwhelming.
Gene B.
Vice President
March 21, 2015

“S.W. Anderson Phocas Business Intelligence Review”

ProsI like the ease of use of the product and responsiveness of the vendor.
ConsNothing that hasn't been addressed and corrected as necessary.
Recommendations to other buyersTime is money in business, and this software makes it possible to analyze and evaluate the key areas almost instantaneously.
March 21, 2015
Robert H.
March 25, 2015

“Very powerful analytic tool. ”

ProsHow quickly we can gain insight into our sales data.
ConsWe would like to offer this to more of our employees, but the cost is making it hard for us to justify.
Recommendations to other buyersKnow your data and the structure of your current ERP's database. Some features that Phocas can offer may not work for you because your system is lacking data that is needed for a particular function or feature.
March 25, 2015
Jennifer H.
FC
Retail, 51-200 employees
June 29, 2017

“Impressed with product although early days”

ProsEasy to use Powerful tool that will the business it hasn't had in the past Will save time & allow the team to focus on making changes rather than analysing data
ConsTime needed to get up & running, there is not a problem with the product but will needs an investment at this point
Patrick M.
Director of Sales

“Director of sales. ”

OverallPhocas can provide a quick drill down into our data that before would take a while to obtain. Now, we can do it in seconds. The package is so big, it can be too big for some users. Continuing to educate our people on what they can look at, and why some views are important will continue to help us familiarize ourselves with the program and create new ways to dissect the information. Everyone I have made contact with truly want to help so we can use what we are paying for to the best of our advantage. We are excited to send two employees to the training session in Nashville. I believe it will be a great benefit.
Simon T.
Management Accountant
201-500 employees

“Good product ”

ProsEase of use Highlights areas to drill Accessible from anywhere Can design to suit your company Good charts
ConsWe haven't quite got to the start level, still reconciling our data feeds. When done we'll be well placed to,use Phocas
Reshma J.
Finance Analyst
51-200 employees

“Easy and Good to Use”

ProsIt very simple to use the software and its really straightforward especially for a new user. Also you can not go wrong and delete anything.
ConsPersonally more training on the product just to know to what extent it can go especially when your a new user.
Bonnie M.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
51-200 employees

“Newbie But Impressed”

ProsI am new to Phocas. It is pretty easy to use compared to SAP BI. As a developer, it is very easy to create dimensions and measures. I'm looking forward to learning more about Phocas, especially the new version and the functionality that has been added.
Lori R.
Manager business intelligence
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees

“Phoca product”

OverallVery good so far.
ProsAbility to use as self service tool for end users. Quick access to drill down on data.
ConsSpeed and learning curve to really use to fullest
December 30, 2017

“It's a good business intelligence program”

ProsI really enjoy the freedom of developing the exact report that I want. If I find that I am unable to do something, the support team has always come through and fixed it so it works. I have created reports that show dead stock in one branch that other branches sell. it's also accessible from anywhere which gives real value
ConsI feel one of the biggest limitations to Phocas is the charting portion. Trying to develop nice looking charts is not easy and printing them is not possible.
December 30, 2017
John M.
General Manager

“A Great Business Tool!”

OverallOur owner uses this tool to drill in to all the company stats. That says allot right there!.. Phocas is fairly easy to use and doesn't take allot of time to generate reports... Most erp system reporting tools simply cannot give the level of detail nor do it as quickly and as easily as Phocas does. A report that would take hours to write and generate in our erp system would take minutes in Phocas with much better detail. We could not run our business without it...
Dave W.
March 30, 2015

“Powerful analytics. ”

OverallThis software is a game-changer. Phocas has helped our business grow by helping us quickly recognize areas that need attention as well as areas that show our strengths. Phocas is our go-to tool to for business intelligence. *****The more we use Phocas, the more we understand our sales, our entire sales team and our customers!***** And that makes all the difference!
March 30, 2015