Veryfi - Expenses, Receipts & Projects Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.9/5
4.9/5

About Veryfi - Expenses, Receipts & Projects

A new and better way to automate bookkeeping. Veryfi helps you do more business and less accounting by automating the boring parts of accounting (date entry, categorization & reconciliation) with machines, not humans. Veryfi has the industry fastest OCR & Machine Learning engine to consume unstructured receipts, invoices & purchases and turn it into a structure data format. Veryfi helps you meet your tax obligations to the IRS, maximize tax deductions and eliminates manual data entry. Learn more about Veryfi - Expenses, Receipts & Projects

Dan D.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“Great product”

OverallVerify has saved me time and money. The amount of time we used to devote to coding expenses has dropped to a fraction of what it used to be saving on book keepers fees. Also there were always receipts that I lost along the way which meant lost reimbursement from clients. It's also great to have a scanned record of every expense available if the need arises.
ProsVery easy to use. It saves me a lot of time especially when i am on the road. The scanning or recipts is right most of the time and its great how it links into my accounting package and bank feeds. It also "guesses" what the accounting classification should be. I travel overseas a lot so the multi currency ability of verify is also fantastic. Saves me trying to work out what the conversion rates should have been. Its also very useful when I get emailed receipts (which is happening more and more) as I can forward then directly to verify for auto entry into the system. Finally having somewhere to be able to store and search for all my old receipts is very handy when clients accounting departments ask to see the documents. i haven't had the need for support much (which is a testament to the product) but when I did they were very prompt in responding and solving my issues. Great work guys!
ConsWhich the OCR and allocation of expenses to my expenses ledgers is good it could still be better.I am sure thats something the verify team are working on. Also when I sign up (which was quite a while ago) It took me some time to work out how to use the product, but when I did I was away. I believe they now offer 1 to 1 training online which is great, but I think they should also add some more "how to" video's to help new users get up to speed quicker.

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Dan, Thank you so much for a detailed review. Love it! I totally agree on more help videos. The product is getting complex and we are constantly looking at ways to simplify. Saying that we just released our 1st onboarding checklist video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T-rRK0dzE and more are coming this week on our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC15iI-2ujjOOQsit1To-IJA
October 16, 2018
Jason N.
Financial Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2018

“Was skeptical at first; now convinced it's the best receipts / expense manager for small business”

OverallMy overall experience with Veryfi has exceeded expectations. As a small business owner with invoices and receipts of all different shapes and sizes, I was quite impressed by how quick and accurate the OCR software was in Veryfi. I was originally skeptical of using Veryfi as it wasn't a proven name in the industry like Expensify, however I am glad I made the choice to use Veryfi as it's far better than its competitors for my purposes.
ProsThe software is highly intuitive and easy to learn. The process of uploading receipts, editing previous entries, or changing a vendor name, follows a familiar flow nearly all smartphone users will feel accustomed to. What I enjoyed the most about Veryfi are the certain features I never had on my list of requirements (or thought to be important) in an expense manager but turns out to be extremely helpful. For example, extracting the vendor address from a receipt is something I thought of as a "nice to have" but not a requirement. Now this feature is something I can't live without as it helps automate my purchases based on the proximity to my business. This is helpful for large chains and big box stores with many locations, I can now split out personal and business expenses far more easily. This is what distinguishes good software from great software. Good software completes a task in a way you wanted it to; great software completes the job in a better way than what you had in mind, and that's what Veryfi does with receipts.
ConsNot sure if this is Veryfi's issue, however the integration with QuickBooks online can be improved. I never get the confidence of whether a receipt has been uploaded and matched on QB, aside from the green QB logo being red. If there was a better way to bulk manage expenses and how it's uploaded into QB, and what it's QB status is (ie. matched, no match, amounts not matching, etc) that would be helpful.

By Veryfi on September 11, 2018
Jason, thank you for your feedback! I'd love to understand what we can do more to improve QBO experience for you. Please reach out to us on support@veryfi.com so we can connect for a quick phone call and improve your QBO experience :-) Ernest
Pika T.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
October 5, 2018

“Incredibly Flexible Solution for the face of Small Business in 2018”

OverallI knew that BEFORE I started financially getting engulfed in the mundane day-to-day expenses businesses experience, I needed something to track my expenses quickly and be as agile as I am running my three companies. This solution not only provided the ONLY reliable solution to this problem, but because of its account reconciliation capabilities with not just liquid asset accounts, but credit, etc, it became the absolute winner in my eyes compared to some of its competing products in the small business market. In the amount of time/money that this solution has and will save me, I am SO FORTUNATE I found Veryfi.com, and I think you will be too!
ProsBy far the best feature of this solution is the ability to track expenses and organize them for ease of use later. I have never felt so organized then when I started using this product! As a business owner of three different companies, Veryfi not only allows me to utilize this solution for one, but ALL of my businesses in one easy to navigate experience via my web browser either at the office or on the go! With the mobile applications available to not only Apple iOS but also Android, I am SO glad that I decided to use Veryfi for my expense tracking needs!
ConsIf it weren't for my AMAZING tech-guru guy I think this solution at first is a little complicated, but it literally only took one *focused* afternoon to learn the ins and out, and I now have the hang of how to enter data in and hardly ever need to ask for assistance! The best advice I can give is that the information is overwhelming at first, so if you cannot take the one-on-one FREE on-boarding consultation meeting they give you, PLEASE find someone in your team that you trust to take it. YOU WON'T BE SORRY (and its only about 30 minute of time)!!!

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Thank you Pika for your lovely review and suggestion for the free onboarding consultation. We are working on improving the onboarding experience. Yesterday we launched our 1st onboarding video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T-rRK0dzE and more videos are coming to our youtube channel. PS. Check out our new referral program https://hub.veryfi.com/referrals/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)
September 13, 2018

“Quick, Easy, AI powered.”

OverallWith Veryfi I can manage all expense reports for my projects, control and see the expenses values on going, by category or vendor. And the best for me is that i can create the expense the expense report at the end of the month just with on click. It solves the problem for me to manage the expense data and documents needed for the tax information and deductions. Again, Thank you Veryfi Team.
ProsThe app has a very easy interface and is very fast. When you need to scan a receipt, is just one click to open the app e other to click on the camera icon! The AI take car to get all data correctly about the vendor, values and taxes. I tested a lot of apps and Veryfi is the best in document recognition for receipts. and I almost forgot the great feature that I already use in other apps for travelling that is to directly send the receipts to my @veryfi account. Thank you Veryfi team.
ConsThis is not a con but a new feature that can help a lot. I really need to export all documents to sent to my tax consultant and it will be very easy if we have this option to select when we create the expense reports, like on option (x) include document images as a zip file. And the other thing, of course, is the name! I always try or write the correct one "Verify". Here is my suggestion for this one ... Just get this domain "http://verify.io/", add AI, Blockchain and ML to the project, do and ICO... and be very rich!

By Veryfi on January 28, 2019
Thank you for your detailed review and support! Helps us improve the product to meet our customer needs. Regarding the export data as zip/reports/csv.. we have all that. It's outlined here https://www.veryfi.com/howto/expense-reporting/ but please feel free to email us support@veryfi.com if you need help finding something etc... Thank you again for the feedback! Best, Ernest (cofounder)
September 13, 2018
Matthew S.
Veterinary, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2018

“Excellent Support”

OverallI can't say enough how responsive, friendly, and efficient their customer/technical support has been.
ProsNot only is the app fantastic, easy to organize and easy to use, but technical support and customer service is A+++! Any issues at all are handled promptly and professionally. It's premium features are also really reasonably priced!
ConsThe OCR and AI could use some work. I constantly am having to update the vendor due to missing or wrong information. I also had a bit of an issue importing documents from my previous solution. They all came in, but the information was lost unfortunately. It could have been done if Neat would allowed multiple CSV exports of my PDF Files, so it's not really Veryfi's fault. Neat secures you as a customer as if your documents are a prisoner. Veryfi helped free me from them!

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Matthew, thank you for your detailed review of Veryfi inc. your experience coming onboard from another provider. Love the feedback and ratings you left us. Thank you so much for the ongoing support :-) PS. Check out our referral program https://hub.veryfi.com/referrals/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)
October 15, 2018
Ann G.
Owner/Artist
Fine Art, Self-employed

“This app ROCKS!”

OverallI have been using Veryfi for numerous years now. It is an incredible time saver for me as a sole proprietor, allowing me to concentrate on growing my business instead of shuffling through piles of receipts come tax time. I love that you can tag your receipts with tags YOU create, so looking up a previous purchase is super easy & convenient!
ProsAs a small business owner, I LOVE that my receipts are digitally captured, categorized, optionally tagged & saved in my cloud storage... all on the go! No more piles of receipts! Makes tax time a breeze!
ConsHonestly, nothing. Every update just improves the app, and they seem to really listen to their users' suggestions for improvements and additional features.

By Veryfi on October 12, 2018
Love it love it love it! Thank you so much for the nice feedback and ongoing support.
Ori B.
Principal
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
October 8, 2018

“Very thoughtfully-designed expense tracking app w/super fast OCR, great features”

ProsMultiple ways to easily input expenses: snap a photo with your phone, drag & drop via the web interface, or forward receipts by email to a dedicated email address. Also have the ability to connect Dropbox (among other third party apps) so that all my receipts are instantly backed up to a designated DB folder. I've tried several apps out there to track both personal and business expenses, and VeryFi is my favorite to date, by far. Really excellent stuff. The customer support staff have also been very helpful when needed. Keep it up, guys!
ConsWhile I'm sure some things could always be enhanced, nothing comes to mind that I would call a "dislike." So long as the team continues to tweak, update, and listen to their customers, they'll be just fine.

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Ori, love your feedback! Thank you so much for the ongoing support. Best, Ernest
October 8, 2018
Lisa M.
Office Admin
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2018

“Easiest and fastest way I've seen yet for my team to enter receipts ”

OverallSaves time attaching receipts to Quickbooks Online software. Hoping for better receipt recovery with this app.
ProsPrior to trying Veryfi, I was scanning and attaching all paper receipts to Quickbooks Online after team members piled them on my desk after a week of being on the road. Now team members can quickly snap a photo of the receipt, choose the expense category and customer and within 10 seconds it has arrived in my Quickbooks Online. I was worried that Quickbooks would duplicate the entries, but it doesn't. Quickbooks recognizes the entries and matches them up from the bank feeds seamlessly. We tried Expensify last year and it just wasn't quite what we needed and team members thought it was too complicated. Veryfi is simple. From my desktop or the mobile app, I can create jobs and customers, edit expense categories, send text messages to team members (WHAT?? Yassss!) Track mileage. I'm still discovering many of the features that are available. Time tracking - We currently use T-Sheets, so not sure if we will switch or not. Maybe. So far I'm really loving it!
ConsThe price is going to be our only negative so far. Would like the whole team to be able to use it, but not sure if it would be cost effective.
Mark T.
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2018

“easy, quick and accurate”

OverallWe've been using the program for nearly three years and prior to finding Veryfi it was like pulling teeth to get receipts turned in for posting. Now it's so easy and once employees scan their receipt they know they can simply toss it. I'm not at 100% but I'm pretty darn close. It posts the expense straight to Quickbooks so I can follow expenses throughout the month and when I reconcile the bank statement everything matches up perfectly.
Proseasy and quick to use, accurately pulls expenses into Quickbooks and allows for multiple companies.
ConsI haven't found anything yet that I don't like about the software
August 10, 2018
Mark J.
February 11, 2018

“For capturing receipts, head and shoulders above everything out there so far.”

ProsThe receipt capture is by far the most compelling feature this app offers. Not having to wait 24 hours to have my receipts captured (ReceiptHog lol) is a huge deal. It's instant with this app. Another huge plus is that my receipts aren't being sent to some offshore sweatshop exposing my data to god knows who? (Expensify which I used previously) These guys are using AI, which is cool, machines aren't going to sell my data or do anything nefarious. The other pro for us is that it integrates with our existing accounting software, it was an easy sell to us.
ConsThe app looks a little ugly ? Maybe that's just the nature of boring accounting software but it's a minor quibble.

By Veryfi on February 13, 2018
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Yap an ugly duckling :P which product do you think needs UI love - android, ios or web? ~ Ernest (founder)
February 11, 2018
Theo L.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2018

“Veryfi review from Theo”

OverallReally good experience. Much, much happier than my previous service (SquirrelStreet). Their prices kept creeping up, and we would only know our final cost after the processed. Also if we were a few days late, we would still pay the minimum fee for the month and then get whacked with a huge surcharge-that doesn't happen with veryfi.
ProsCost, ability to hold backup files in Dropbox or Google Drive. Instant review and verification,
ConsNot much. Yes I have to verify each transaction, and sometimes correct, but then I know that the information is there ready to use and accurate-no waiting a few weeks and hopping it was done correctly. It's a con which turns into a pro! On some surfaces the auto detect doesn't work correctly or randomly. especially at Coles self serve checkouts. I tend to have auto detect off and then sometimes crop the image to reduce file size.
August 2, 2018
Charlie N.
Mac Systems Engineer
May 11, 2018

“Such a great solution to your reduce your pile of receipts!”

ProsThe best thing is the on-boarding one on one demo available, and the responsiveness of the support folk. I was tearing my hair out entering all my receipts each Quarter the manual way. Veryfi allowed me to get through what was several nights worth of work, in just under an hour. It is all cloud, but does save a copy of all receipts back to your DropBox. Lots of interaction between Xero, Dropbox, and other apps to link everything together. A couple of small clicks to use, one giant leap closer to going paper-less! The iPhone app (they also have android, I believe) makes it really easy to capture my receipts as soon as I receive them. I take a couple of extra moments at the counter/checkout and capture the receipt with my phone. Saves losing receipts and running around looking for receipts, in my car, glovebox and various places around the house at the end of each month.
ConsThere were few UI glitches and weird workflow choices, but the team have been very responsive and fixed up most of them within a few days of me bringing them to their attention.
May 11, 2018
Jake D.
Vice President
Accounting, 1-10 employees
November 11, 2016

“Solid Optical Reading”

OverallI have not used IQBoxy for long, but I do have some clients using it to track their business expenses. They take photos of their receipts and IQBoxy converts them to digital information and syncs with Xero Accounting Software. So far, the information the software gathers from the receipts has proven to be both accurate and reliable, which is more than can be said for some other software I've used. It is able to pull the vendor name, date, amount, etc. and accurately sync it with Xero. I also like the expense reports and reminders to get your receipts entered. The expense reports can be printed from your computer to submit to your accountant or bookkeeper. The one area that I find challenging is the integration with Xero. Though it transfers information well, the workflow still requires more steps than entering a transaction. Essentially, it creates an unapproved Bill in Xero for your accountant to approve (create the bill), then record a payment (or you can use the Expense Reimbursement feature of Xero the same way). To set the account and approve the bill, then create a payment to actually hit your general ledger is more steps than just creating a spend or receive money transaction. For that reason, the integration might not be the right solution for everyone, but overall, the software is accurate and helpful for tracking business expenses and keeping your receipts organized.
ProsAccuracy in reading receipts.
ConsIntegration steps (which may not really be unique to this software).

By Veryfi on December 7, 2017
Jake, thank you for your great feedback and support. We now have web app tool for accountants & bookkeepers to manage your clients from the 1 place. Check it out => https://www.veryfi.com/accounting-practice-management/ PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)
November 11, 2016
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees
August 19, 2018

“Major time saver”

ProsVeryfi is so easy to use for receipt collection - just snap a pic in the app or forward an email receipt and it's in Veryf and your connected apps within seconds, very impressive turnaround time. I love that it will automatically match up my business receipts with my transactions in Quickbooks, bookkeeping is a breeze. And I especially enjoy that I no longer have to hang on to stacks of paper receipts anymore!
ConsOccasionally the software will parse the receipt information incorrectly, or part of an email receipt will get cut off when it's reformatted. Most of the time it's pretty good though. I also would like to see more user-friendly/visually appealing reports, that's the main reason I haven't switched over entirely from Mint for my personal finances.
August 19, 2018
Wayne G.
President and CEO
Construction, 1-10 employees
August 5, 2018

“Simply the best product out there for tracking receipts and expenses”

OverallSoftware is excellent, I cannot understate how much real time processing and accuracy is of a huge benefit to small business. This is a great product, AMAZING back end and I am sure it will get only better with time!!!!
ProsFirst and foremost, the real time (almost) processing of data. Unlike other services (and I have used/tried most every one), the machine learning excels at a VERY quick turn around. Second, the accuracy of the product is OUTSTANDING! Third, Integration to other platforms, though VERY, VERY GOOD shows errors at times. Likely I caused these errors, but could be a little better. Lastly, the customer service has been great
ConsAs a newcomer to the market, I believe it needs a little more options, especially with reports. I realize that each of us users have different needs, thus it would be nice to have some better filters, etc when sifting through the data. I am coming from a competing product, and though I asked for an import, it is still a work in progress. CAVEAT here, I am importing data going back to 2014 as I want all my data stored in one place - at this is the BEST place for it!
August 5, 2018
Kaleb M.
Caregiver
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees
July 30, 2018

“Best app I have every used. It went above and beyond the competition. ”

OverallTracking all your finances is super easy now. As well as budgeting. I plan on starting a business in the next year and I'm sure this will be a huge help.
ProsThere's so much about it I love it's hard to say. I love that they worked hard to get it fully certified across the board. I love the budget section. I love how you can backup all your information for free without having to pay a monthly fee. I love to user interface.
ConsHonestly I can't think of anything I don't like. I do hope that they continue building on what they already have but to be honest I can't even imagine what they would do.
July 30, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 11, 2018

“Awesome Receipt and Expense Tracker”

OverallI use it to track all my receipts, to categorize and tag them for ease of use at tax time and to have my accountant be able to see all the receipts in real time so that I don't have to schlep them all to his office.
ProsAbility to upload receipts and track based on category. All Data collection is done by AI, so no human eyes or hands ever touch your receipts. They integrate well with other apps like Lyft so your receipt is automatically added. It even has an automatic mileage tracker and mileage expense calculator. You can have your accountant join in so you no longer need to carry stacks of paper to their office at tax time.
ConsThe UI is a bit clunky and cluttered. The autodetect for receipts sometimes doesn't detect the receipt. Uploading restaurant receipts does't read the TIP line so you have to manually add the tip, which then sometimes changes they subtotal.

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Hi there, thank you for your feedback and ratings. We recently updated our machine models so reading handwritten tips should be a smoother experience. I'd love to hear your views on where we can improve the UI (please email us ATT to Ernest). Best, Ernest (cofounder)
Linda W.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
July 20, 2018

“I was searching for the correct. app to use and tried quite a few, but this is the best”

OverallI have only just started using it. After my 1:1 with Dimitri yesterday it all became quite clear. It is sorting out the economic side of my life very nicely. Right now I am using this for my personal use and now that I understand it more I will also include my rental properties (all long term).
ProsThe ease of use and the support which is more than I would have expected. I took the advantage of the 1/1 support to go through how to use the app, and that made everything crystal clear. Other than that, any time that you have a question, you just type it in and you immediately get a response. All receipts are very easily captured by your phone, and hey presto! is immediately added to the app unlike other apps that take a lot longer.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software. If there is anything I found it a bit harder to find than all the other apps that are similar. I wish Verifi would come up first. I can also use it on my phone, my iPad and computer and it syncs seamlessly with all. Veryfi need to be on top of the list of apps. It also works with all the other apps as well.
Roger W.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
August 3, 2018

“Easy to use, convenient, great for tracking receipts”

OverallSaves me loads of time, I don't lose receipts and they're not flying all over my car, littering my desk and getting washed in my pants. I have an accurate record of what I spent and when I spent it. Easily integrates with Quickbooks.
ProsLove this app. I capture my paper receipts within minutes of receiving them. That way I don't lose them or they don't fade. Once a month I edit the record and tag the receipts to upload to QB. The categories b/w Veryfi and QB are nearly 100%. Also, sending e-receipts to my Veryfi email address works as advertised. Love the feature that they recognize most vendors and attach vendor logos. A+ rating from me!
ConsOccasional hiccup and I have to take photo of receipt twice.
August 3, 2018
Simone V.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
October 1, 2019

“GREAT APP - A LITTLE PRICEY”

ProsI've been using Veryfi since it was called IQ boxy, so more than 2 years now. I very happy. it's easy to use and very effective. I had some issues with my subscription and the customer care has been very helpful.
ConsI think the subscription price has rised too much
October 1, 2019
Aidan K.
Metallurgist
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
September 15, 2019

“Fantastic software, desire personal version”

OverallOverall a fantastic experience. I hope that they will include a personal finance option. I know that they will continue to improve the OCR with each update to the mobile software.
ProsI love this software, it is fantastic with keeping up with receipts, the software pulls most if not all of the information off the receipt automatically, which is a great feature. The overall OCR function works great, and it works great for tracking certain transaction categories to keep an eye on spending. It's been great to use for reimbursement itemization while I was interviewing.
ConsTheir OCR could be slightly improved as I've had issues with the camera recognizing the receipt for more than a second, cycling through shapes and having issues with taking a photo and having it select a shape other than the one in the last cycle. I also wish that they had a personal finance option as I would love to manage my own finances without some of the selections or details of a company.
September 15, 2019
Neo Arthur L.
Managing Director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 16, 2019

“Best Expense Capture App”

OverallWe recently in-sourced the accounting and HR/Payroll function which was previously outsourced. I am in the process of reviewing and recommending the most efficient way of capturing reimbursable expenses without having to increase overheads by employing an extra staff member. So far Verifi is far ahead :)
ProsThe ease of use and the speed at which the captured slips are processed and a report generated is astounding. I am also impressed with the accuracy of the captured data.
ConsI struggled, and I am still struggling to connect this app with my Sage Cloud Accounting Solution.

By Veryfi on May 9, 2019
Neo, Thank you for the feedback and lovely review of Veryfi. I've shared it with the team and they love it and would love to help out with the Sage integration. Please reach out on support@veryfi.com and ATT it to Rusty/myself (Ernest). Best, Ernest (Veryfi cofounder)
April 16, 2019
Brittany V.
Administrative Executive
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 5, 2018

“Veryfi is THE best & easiest app for expense tracking.”

OverallOverall, my experience with Veryfi is amazing. I recommend it to all the small business owners that I know, as well as regular everyday people who are keeping track of their expenses.
ProsI love that this program is easy to use on both its PC and app version. I also love the monthly statements it gives, and that it syncs with your bank.
ConsI only wish I could add multiple rules per "rule" for each vendor, etc.

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Brittany, thank you for the review and ratings! Love em. Re "add multiple rules per "rule" for each vendor, etc." -- I'd love to hear more about this. Can you please email support@veryfi.com ATT to Ernest? I will make sure it happens :-) Best, Ernest (cofounder)
Laura G.
Accountant

“Wonderful product!”

OverallAs accountant I save time and money because with Veryfi do some task on my work are just taking seconds, Also generate automatically reports are very useful for me to compare my expenses and take decisions on my business.
ProsEasy to use, amazing support 24 hours, and the most important thing I save a lot of money using this product, good job Veryfi team!
ConsNothing everything is perfect, new features each week and that's fantastic! waiting for android version of logbook app
Joseph M.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2019

“The best I have found”

OverallReally good customer service a well maintained product love it and use it every day.
Pros It's ease-of-use it's cross platform availability you can store all of your scanned PDFs into dropbox the OCR is the best I've ever seen The flattening and sizing of the PDFs for readability is really great and their reports are the best that I've used for a handheld or desktop product. They also include a vehicle mileage tracker that is excellent as well, makes it with the money.
ConsThe price, really nothing else, I still recommend it.
February 13, 2019
Civil Engineering, Self-employed
October 10, 2018

“Eager To Please, Stellar Support ”

ProsHow easy and fast it is to capture receipts before they are lost
ConsSometimes updates and feature might come too fast

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Thank you for your review and feedback! :-)
October 10, 2018
Bill W.
Managing Director
November 9, 2017

“Just in testing phase now but it appears to be just what we need to better manage our expenses”

OverallAllows us to electronically collect, categorize and store receipts in ways that are easily reportable and verifiable. Has gone a long way to improve our data on job costs.
ProsThe owners have been great to respond personally to issues and provide support. Just testing but it seems like the perfect solutions for a small distributed business like us to collect and categorize expenses. Intuitive easy to use interface.
ConsSome functionality could be improved and would like to see some controls in place that aren't currently there but in discussion with management team have plans to implement much of my wish list in the near future. It's a new app and they continue to develop but have been very impressed by there responsiveness and desire to improve.

By Veryfi on November 13, 2017
Thank you for the lovely feedback Bill. It's a pleasure to be of service to you and your firm. Best, Ernest (founder)
November 9, 2017
Events Services, 1-10 employees
December 1, 2018

“Veryfi Review”

Pros- I like how I can organize my receipts project based as we work heavily project based on accounting and finances. - I like how easy the integration between Veryfi and Quickbooks Online, which is our primary accounting software. - I like how quick it is to scan a receipt. I've tried demos of many other apps and Veryfi is by far the fastest and most accurate option when scanning receipts as the machines work for you, not people as in competitors. - I think it has a very fair pricing.
Cons- Tax syncing is not always accurate from the receipt. Sometimes I have to manually adjust the correct tax amount.

By Veryfi on December 4, 2018
Thank you kindly for your feedback and positive ratings. Best, Ernest (cofounder) PS. Please reach out to support@veryfi.com so we can look into the tax syncing point you made.
December 1, 2018
Lacey P.
Music teacher
March 28, 2018

“The customer service is excellent! If you have any confusion, there is always help available!”

ProsIt has all the features that I require and it looks very professional. Again, the customer service is amazing!
ConsI found the learning curve was a little much, but any confusion was due to my own negligence. If you put the time in, the results will be there.
Dima N.
March 23, 2018

“Great app to manage my expenses!”

ProsTheir OCR tech to recognize and categorize receipts just works! The app is very easy to use and does its job perfectly. On top of that, they have a great integration with various software such as Dropbox, Quickbooks and so on.
ConsNothing really that would keep me from using it! Very minor bugs here and there but they keep fixing them and they're constantly improving the app. I can't complain. This is a great app all around.
March 23, 2018
Carmelita J.
Myself
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
December 10, 2018

“Very Useful and very easy”

OverallExcellent: very useful and very intuitive.
ProsMy niece told me this app and I recommended it to all my co-worker. It very easy to use and very useful.
ConsThat the receipts should be on a dark surface to take a picture.

By Veryfi on January 28, 2019
Carmelita, Thank you for your feedback and support! Regarding taking pictures on a dark surface, it can be any background as long as there is contrast so the automatic crop detection can remove it from the final picture. You can also try taking the picture in your hand and it will work :-) Stay tuned for a big upgrade to our IOS coming shortly. Best, Ernest (cofounder)
Eric B.
Experiences
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Loving this App”

OverallTotally positive overall experience. Definitely making my life easier.
ProsIt's so easy to use, and easy to build positive personal finance habits around.
Consit's pretty pricey, and you can't batch change certain things about receipt scans, and it doesn't pick up the currency from the receipt.

By Veryfi on January 28, 2019
Thank you so much for your support and feedback. In regards to batch changes (bulk editing), this article sheds more light on how it's done inside Veryfi => https://www.veryfi.com/howto/bulk-actions-editing/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)
Jonathan T.
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees
September 6, 2018

“Great for expense tracking”

ProsIt is so simple to use Veryfi. It tracks all purchases, categorizes them, and simplifies bank reconciliation. Overall it is a great time saver!
ConsI honestly do not have any cons right now. I have just started using this software and I need more time to evaluate if there are issues or cons to it.

By Veryfi on January 28, 2019
Thank you Jonathan for your feedback and support! Let us know how you go with the evaluation and any feedback on where we can improve the product. All the best, Ernest (cofounder)
September 6, 2018
Nick K.
Photographer
February 16, 2018

“Use it for 6 months and save my time on tax preparation. Well done, guys.”

ProsBecause it categorizes and transfer to Excel and other formats. So instead of collect each receipt and keep it physically and spend a half day before Tax day, you can just open Excel and everything is ready for your Tax preparer person.

By Veryfi on March 13, 2018
Thank you for your support Nick! Great review & feedback.
February 16, 2018
Tena L.
Independent Business Owner
April 24, 2018

“I set up one of my larger clients in March on Veryfi. We have been extremely pleased.”

OverallThis software allows the owner or any admin to access any receipt at any time to verify items purchased and it covers your bases in the event of an audit, where I guarantee you will need those receipts. We have it set up to back up to drop box also as a backup for all receipts.
ProsI love that all receipts flow perfectly to QBO and that I was able to set catch accounts for when employees leave out the payment method or the expense account. I can still download from the cc bank and match those to the veryfi entries.
ConsI look forward to them adding the new QBO job costing "projects". This I believe will complete enhance the program greatly and so increase it's usefulness.
April 24, 2018
Marie Debbie K.
Project Analyst
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
February 22, 2017

“The easiest way to save receipts!”

OverallI use IQ BOXY for both personal and business, I started with the free subscription and after trying it out for a couple of weeks I decided to get the paid subscription. Their customer service is outstanding, emails are answered in less than 24 hours. Extremely helpful, looking to improve and add other features all the time. It is easy to use and a very clean looking app.
ProsEasy to use, very responsive customer service. Modestly priced.
ConsTheir web version needs some improvements which they are working on.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is worth the paid subscription.

By Veryfi on December 7, 2017
Marie, thank you so much for your lovely feedback and support! Much appreciated. PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)
February 22, 2017
Michael S.
Managing Member
July 4, 2019

“Great Product!”

OverallQuickBooks Online has a receipt scanning feature that allows you to scan your receipts in and match them to expenses. The problem was that I had gotten 3 years behind on scanning receipts in. Veryfi scans them in and automagically matches them to past receipts so that I do not have to go back through and search for them. It's been a life-saver!
ProsThis product integrates with QuickBooks Online and helped to get my receipt mess sorted out.
ConsSometimes when using the mobile app, receipts are scanned twice.

By Veryfi on July 8, 2019
Michael, thank you for your review. I'll double check what's going on with the double scans but if they do occur again please reach out to us on support@veryfi.com ~ Rusty
July 4, 2019
Jermaine B.
April 22, 2018

“Software was exactly what I wanted and needed. They was doing great, then sent foul message uncalle”

OverallIt takes care of my business expenses and does what I need. I have no receipt paper and allows my life and business to be in balance.
ProsEasy to use and does what I need it to do. If I have to choose a software, it would perform these functions.
ConsThat email and correspondence. The way the company treats its long time paying customers supporting its growth who was liking the product, when asked to give recommendation, gave time to see if they would treat someone who supports them and pay their premium to use their product every month in such a way. Given time, they showed what I wanted to see them not do.
April 22, 2018
Joshua C.
Construction, Self-employed
March 18, 2018

“Painless”

OverallOrganization
ProsThe features that I enjoyed the most about this app are its ease of use and intergration with other accounting apps that I use frequently. I found the layout and setting up of my account very intuituve, and adding my scans was simple with the OCR doing a pretty good job of accuratley adding my reciepts. Even when it did not the process to manually enter them was easy.
ConsThere isnt anything that stands out so far that really comes across as a con to me. Possibly better OCR but it usually picks up whatever I try to scan.Other than the fact you have to pay to use the full version lol! Maybe some different colored themes, I dont know all in all its a good app and hit every aspect of what I was looking for

By Veryfi on August 22, 2018
Joshua, Thank you so much for the lovely review and great feedback! Re OCR, always working on it :-) We don't augment with humans to guarantee top notch data-privacy. Btw I'd love to hear from you what we could do better with customer support. ~ Ernest (cofounder)
March 18, 2018
Consumer Services, Self-employed
October 5, 2018

OverallSince I am a solo owner business this app makes it super easy for me to track expenses in a way that does not take hours and hours. it's easy to set up and use.
Prosgreat and simple experience setting up and using this app. I love how simple it is to set up and use. it makes my business expense tracking really simple and straightforward and easy and that's pretty wonderful.
ConsSo far there is not a single thing I can think of that I would change. it's all great to use and all very easy easy easy!

By Veryfi on October 24, 2018
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and ongoing support! Best, Ernest (cofounder)
Kevin T.
CEO/Founder
Music, Self-employed

“This App Makes it EASY”

ProsOnce I realized I could also use this company for mileage as well through their Logbook app it was a done deal! The receipt scanning is pretty smart and uploads the picture to quickbooks for me. I love how I can email a receipt and have everything else taken care of. Good option especially for small businesses like myself.
ConsThere's an initial learning curve especially on the desktop part, but it just takes a few minutes to get familiar.

By Veryfi on September 11, 2018
Thank you Kevin for the feedback :-) Let me know how we can win extra 2 stars to your Veryfi experience.
Gerry K.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
February 14, 2018

“Nice and purposeful. Works like a charm”

OverallDigital record of my receipts with easy search and report functions.
ProsI have all my receipts always with me. I can look up receipts from last year in seconds. That is important too me.
ConsDuring the time that i have been using Verify aside for some minor bugs which have been corrected, I cant say I have any cons.. its constant evolution has ensured it continues to suprise me.

By Veryfi on February 16, 2018
Awesome! Great feedback! Thank you for the support Gerry.
February 14, 2018
Michael B.
Construction, Self-employed
July 6, 2019

“Super easy and....”

OverallSo far so excellent. One minor tweak as mentioned above is my only ask.
ProsGreat app, very quick in getting all the data scanned and loaded. Able to tag customers, get reports and organize by category. Really easy to use and great value.
ConsAdding jobs/customers is a bit of a tad as oppose to having the option to select while uploading.
July 6, 2019
1001-5000 employees
March 24, 2018

“very easy to use”

ProsI really like how the software analyzes the receipt and then precategorizes it and identifies the amount and vendor. the character recognition is very good.
ConsIt is pretty hard to get the camera to see the right sections of the receipt. often times I have to delete and take the picture 3 or more times to get it to take correctly. Then when it does it is way to large and has to be cropped. I also don't like that it can't really make out the tax amount from the receipts. I have to make that adjustment on every entry.
March 24, 2018
Ashwani S.
Senior Software Engineer
July 31, 2018

“I'm using this app to manage to maintain record for my monthly expanses along with receipt .”

ProsLess manual work. Just capture snapshot of receipt and there you go. No need to add descriptive details as it takes enough detail from receipt needed.
ConsScanning sometimes doesn't recognizes details in receipt . It takes time also to analyze the receipt, instead it should be more quick.
July 31, 2018
bob m.
manager
July 22, 2018

“works fine”

ProsAccurate scans. and works fine
Consit takes a bit of time for the scan to work . .
July 22, 2018
John P.
Operations Supervisor
February 13, 2018

“Great way to make things easier in life for you.”

ProsIts secured , Automates your accounting, is in real - time , users OCR and machines only and mostly no need to rely on humans to process receipts.
ConsJust like all apps , its a little buggy but i notice at Veryfi they have a great support team where they can almost troubleshoot with you on the spot , other then that i cant fault this app too much at this time and oh one more thing If only it was out earlier to help make our life easier.

By Veryfi on February 16, 2018
Thank you for the feedback & support John! ~ Ernest (founder)
February 13, 2018
Tyler L.
I help people start AR/VR departments
February 20, 2019

“The best tool for tracking receipts and accounts”

OverallI am expensing, tracking receipts, using the OCR, email forwarding, google drive uploading, every piece is excellent
Prosvery easy to use and unparalleled service as well as quality.
ConsN/A I really enjoy using this application and have been looking for something like this for years.
February 20, 2019
Jo N.
Owner & Founder
July 27, 2018

“Quick & easy to use; minimal learning curve!”

OverallI have a copy of my receipt (in case it's needed), it's organized, & it's convenient.
ProsI absolutely LOVE that it automatically reads my receipts so that I don't have to manually input the information.
ConsI wish the time stamp would match the date of purchase instead of date of submission. I also wish it wouldn't group items by location. For example, if I buy something from Staples in LA & in OC, I would have two different Staples categories. I prefer it to just be under one Staples.
July 27, 2018
Levon B.
Founder & CEO
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
May 12, 2018

“the app I can't live without”

OverallSaves time, minimizes risk etc.
ProsI use Verify for 1.5 years and I think this is the best business app that really minimizes my efforts, saves my time, and make expense reporting hassle-free. Love it!
ConsAuto-reconciliation for all POS out there would be a game changer (like Square) for me and I guess all other users out there.
May 12, 2018