Shedul.com Ratings

Overall

About Shedul.com

Shedul is the best Salon and Spa booking software available. Simple, flexible and powerful online booking software for your business. 100% FREE - NO TRIAL PERIOD, NO LIMITS Shedul is accessible from any device, anywhere, anytime through the internet. Let your clients effortlessly book directly though your own website or Facebook page, and auto send personalized appointment messages. 40,000 Businesses, 150,000 Stylists and Therapists using Shedul booking software in more than 120 Countries Learn more about Shedul.com

Dylan B.
General Manager
April 5, 2019

“All Around Great Company/Brand”

OverallNot only do they have great software, but they have an amazing culture. I saw an advertisement for them, commented on my experience with their product, and congratulated them on their exposure and success. They sent me a PERSONAL message. Emoji's and everything! In response to that comment. They are getting everything right.
ProsThis software is very user friendly: Simply organized- Uses basic interfacing structure that makes everything easy to find, allowing us to perform tasks efficiently and easily, and it very easy to train staff. Easy on the eyes- I am a people person, not a technology person. I don't like the big flashy nonsense, crazy fonts and colors and the disappearing and reappearing functions on some of these "modern" software systems. Those things are great for advertising, not great for integrating business software. Everything is plainly labeled, all your options are programmed in an easy to search dropdown menu, and it doesn't over stimulated your brain. Good things are built on perfecting the basics, and these guys have just about done it. Takes the load off by enhancing customer service- In the past I have had to take on the time consuming task of sending reminders to each client/customer scheduled personally. As a professional who strives for customer service perfection, knowing that rep sends auto-confirmation and 24 hour reminders relieves a lot of stress. All I have to do is input the correct basic information, then Shedul takes it from there.
ConsHonestly I have not found something negative about using this software. I am not the one who customizes our particular account, I am a user only. However, from a user perspective at least, this software hits all the check marks.

By Shedul.com on May 21, 2019
<3 <3
April 5, 2019
Ted W.
Business Owner / IT Consultant
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
June 3, 2017

“Spa Management and POS software that will be LOVED by Spa Owners and Managers who implement it!”

OverallMany, if the company will be doing such a great job, in near future Shedul will be the Spa Management software to go! My wife spa is very customer oriented and this software allows us to accommodate our customers request much easier, quicker and with fewer errors. I love it!
ProsThere are many areas of this software that I really like (even now, when the software is limited in certain functions BUT, it is continuously updated with new functions. In a year or so it will be the best software that is available to manage spas and salons. And, it might be the software of choice for spa managers and owners due to the fallowing few reasons: Ease of Use, multi-platform compatibility, fast, reliable and it has all you need to run a day to day beauty spa operation including POS. Appointment scheduling and appointment management are the BEST compared to other software that I have evaluated or used (and I paid $$$) Actually, it has no limitations nor restrictions and I Love It. Inventory Management working great though does not have yet incorporated "low stock warning" but I am sure it will have soon so no issue for me. Services - very easy to create and manage. One limitation, for now, is that so far they don't have available "packages" and tracking package usage. Though, I believe that they will include them very soon. Clients - Shedul has all you need including almost real time SMS/email clients notifications (appointment creation, changes, or completion). There are no automatic reminders yet, but the software keeps it organized very nicely using color codes. Reports- right now a little limited but they are constantly adding new ones. Shedul - administrator listening to their client's requests.
ConsRight now the application does not have the interface to setup a merchant account (Credit Card processing) though they are working on it and it should be ready in the next few months. You can setup two different tax tables (sales and service) but in the reports so far there is no specific report that you can calculate a sale tax. Never the less, you can manually calculate it since there is a report for total $ sales for a specific period. Packages- hopefully, they will implement soon option to sell package deals and some type of way of tracking usage of services in the package against the client or actual package. Voucher- we don't use vouchers so I did not find this function too useful. We sell "Gift Certificate" and hopefully they will implement sales and management of gift certificate in POS. It would be nice to have in POS percentage for service tip calculation since many of our clients often say "give particular % as a tip for the service". Right now there is a function in POS where you can add a certain amount as a tip to the total bill. For many people that could be sufficient though.
June 3, 2017
Tracy P.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2016

“Shedul is amazing and their team is simply unbeatable in their support and response time!”

OverallBefore we opened our salon in April, we researched and selected Shedul because of its many features that are truly outstanding. What drew my eye first was the ability to use it at no charge. How could they offer so many features and benefits without the high charges other companies have? I wanted to give it a try without the hassles of "trial periods" and training videos. You have got to experience this for yourself! Have you ever said "I wish my schedule could do this" or "I love it but..." about your current or future calendar, POS, or booking system? Well, Shedul makes magic happen. They have such an amazing team of designers and IT that are so responsive, that they take "votes" from the community (members) to see what they will add or improve next! Yes, you actually have a VOICE that is heard. I have never had that with any other company in any field. As to Shedul itself, it is extremely user-friendly, very easy to learn and allows me to do every thing I want to do. Book online? No problem! POS? Everything you want out of it. How about SMS texting and emailing your clients? $0 charge on their end, just subscribe to a phone carrier that offers unlimited texting (like most cell phones have) and you are good to go. Current projects are updated so that the community can follow along with the progress. Also, it is not only for Hair Salons! Nails, Estheticians, Massage Therapists and others can use all the features as well. Want to have your employees be able to see the calendar and receive email notifications when there is an online booking, or you want to track if the booking came from your website, facebook, or walk-in? You can. Want your office manager or receptionist to receive the email as well? You can. I can go on, but you really need to check it out for yourself! Shedul is simply the best. Justyne, you and your team have made using business software fun and exciting!
ProsI am always interested in making things smarter, faster, easier, etc. I have found a perfect partnership with the team from Shedul. Responsive team at Shedul Online Booking SMS texting/Email for confirmations, reminders, thank you's, etc. Email to associate who has the booking with additional email to receptionist/owner/manager, whoever you need notified. POS Barcode scan in Products or hand key them in to see at POS. Rebooking feature Able to see calendar weekly or daily Run numerous reports Security levels for different team members The list is really much more than this, these are a few of the many features to be found.
ConsThere are no Cons. You will never regret going with Shedul for your business!
August 22, 2016
Milan C.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 17, 2016

“Amazing software, developers have nailed it as they have captured all the features we need expertely”

OverallThis software is exactly what we have been searching for. It has the features we need, is powerful enough to maintain all of our client data, appointments for multiple staff, sales dashboard, generating reports, import/export data, online booking buttons for social media websites including Facebook, and much much more. I have worked with various software and client relationship managers previously however I have found this to be extremely easy to use for all staff over other programs. We have a relatively new small business and I have personally tried over 30 different similar type programs and none of them have suited my needs, and couldn't customise to our needs. I even tried Excel based systems and creating my own however it was harder for multiple staff to use and would be prone to mistakes. Due to this, we stayed with the good old appointment book for appointments and used excel to track sales etc. Coming across this software has changed all that; we are now using this and have ditched excel and filed away the appointment book. It literally does everything we need and has extra features we can also use that we weren't using before.
ProsEverything we need is here with the ease of access required for all staff members. It's great that we can see daily appointments, sales, revenue etc from the dashboard and can easily generate reports and export to excel. Adding different services and products (i.e. retail add on products) is extremely simple; you enter in the service and include price and duration etc which makes it very easy when making appointments. The checkout option also displays your products in case you forgot or haven't promoted it in the appointment so can easily add extra value to each appointment. The added feature to send SMS reminders to clients automatically is excellent and I really like how they have added options to customise this feature, such as adding times in which to send these reminders so they are not sent in the middle of the night for example. They have really done their research on what clients need and am very impressed with this software.
ConsThe company has pretty much nailed it with their software though if I had to put something, I could only suggest adding the ability to further customise options, page layout, which data to display or not display etc; this would be great.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work, we are very satisfied customers and we will be using this software long term.
Helena Q.
Owner / Technician
October 8, 2018

“My Search For Software Ends Here!”

OverallMy over all experience has been a complete pleaser. I am completely cyber challenged, seriously, this is the first Software program that I've ever been abke to use with such confidence. I love it!
ProsI love EVERYTHING about this Software! I'm in my 50's, yup old school, always felt I was one of those hard to teach an old dog new tricks people. But I downloaded the free version of Shedul, a bit intimidated I played around with it adding my products & sevices etc... very simple to do. I finally got up the nerve to actually start booking clients... but also continued to use my old appointment book as a back-up.. yup still intimidated by these on line things. However, in about a week, I saw how much more this appointment booking Software did, I was so amazed & confident, I ditched my old hard copy appointment book. I no longer had to give my clients a handwritten appointment card or call to remind them the day before. It also helps with accounting, keeps track of your sales, prints out receipts, monthly reports... what more do you need?? And this is the FREE version!! Its a keeper.
ConsThere's really nothing that I don't like. I see there's an email you can set up to send clients promotional offers etc. I have to look into that, I'm not sure if it comes with the free version. The only thing more I would like is perhaps an occasional email update from the company to give me tips or provide info about other features that Shedul can do to make running my business easier. Otherwise NO complaints. If an old dog like me can use it with confidence, anyone can.
October 8, 2018
Bernardo F.
Hairdresser/ salon co-owner
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Doesn't work for most hair salons”

OverallOverall, when there is an actual way they can help you, you get a straight answer but when you have an issue with a feature that they don't have, you get emails back with answers not related to your initial question. I'm guessing also that this app is made by developers who haven't consulted with salon owners and it shows.
ProsEasy to set up and use. Interface is well designed.
ConsDoes not work for all hair salons! You cannot choose two service providers we hen clients book online. E.g.. One of our staff is a stylist and her clients visit other colourists in the salon for their colour. You can't book two separate people so the client is forced to make one appointment at a time which is frustrating for them. Also, they haven't set it up so you see when the next available time or day is so the client has to check day by day to find an available spot which is also annoying for them.

By Shedul.com on October 3, 2019
Sorry to see this, Fernandez. Actually, we have 40,000 Salons using us globally, have won Most User-friendly, Most Popular and Most Affordable for 3 years in a row, so the team definitely know what they are doing ;) The Support team spent a lot of time responding to your emails and finding solutions for your very specific requests. If we don't have a feature, of course we'd try and find a solution for you, and if not, it would be added to the to do lists. You're welcome back anytime but we wish you luck with your continued search :)
September 25, 2019
Andrea V.
Retail, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Great addition to my business”

OverallLOVE
ProsIt is extremely user friendly for both myself and my clients. It updates me immediately when someone books an appointment. I researched several different applications before I decided on this one. After using it for a while I feel like I have definitely made the right choice. I have already recommended this product too many of my colleagues and plan to do so in the future. It's a great addition that makes my job much easier.
ConsSome of my clients like text message reminders when it's time for their hair cut. This way they do not have to think about it and I make sure they are in on time. I would love 4 to 6 week automatic reminders for certain clients. Honestly, this would be my only suggestion. Everything else is well-thought-out and thorough. This company has literally thought of everything.
Lee H.
Owner/Hairdresser
Consumer Services, Self-employed

“Awesome software ”

OverallBefore finding this software I was running 3 different programs...inventory software, appointment software and pos software. Now Shedul does it all and I can access it from any device. It has made my work day so much easier!
ProsI have just started using Shedul for my home base salon. After using many other products over the years and them not providing all the features that my business needs...I found Shedul and just love it!! Customizing it for my use has been simple and fast to do. This software is going to make the running of the salon more efficient. I still can't believe that it is totally free But it is!! THANK YOU for this awesome software.
ConsThere are only small tweaks that I would like to see... -filing clients by last name -clients able to respond to sms reminder message - copy and paste would be awesome
Tristin R.
February 26, 2019

“Severely limited, bad long-term choice”

OverallShedul is a deceptive piece of software because it is clean, good-looking, and easy to get started. But it is a terrible option in the long term, unless you plan to be a small business that never grows or you plan to pay someone to manually handle all of your scheduling and business-flow processes forever.
ProsVery easy to setup and use. My staff were able to pick it up right away with minimal learning curve. The online booking system for clients is simple and clean.
ConsNo Google Calendar integration = dead end software. You cannot automate *anything* with this software, meaning you will be stuck manually handling everything related to booking for as long as you use this software. This means you will have some serious pain as your business grows. Worse yet, the online booking system is more a marketplace than anything else, making it very simple for your prospective clients to inadvertently end up on a competitor's booking page. Ouch!

By Shedul.com on March 11, 2019
Hey Tristin, sorry to see this! If you're looking for growth, your account is 100% unlimited so you can add as many staff, locations, services etc as you'd like. SMS and client notifications are also free & unlimited as part of your free for life account so the sky is the limit! We're all about automation so clients can book online rather than needing full time staff to manage your calendar. If you start using the checkout features, you'll also see your reports are automatically populated for you. My recommendation would be to drive more online bookings and use the check out features. Likewise, online bookings can be through your own online bookings widgets for your website, facebook and instagram which I saw are not being used, as well as the marketplace, so you have both options and best of both worlds. We can however remove you from the marketplace if you'd prefer. Hope this helps and keen to help further so you can use all of Shedul to make life easier :)
February 26, 2019
Hannah B.
Freelance cosmetic artist
July 23, 2019

“Simple and Brilliant”

ProsI used shedul in my past job and found it easy to use for basic bookings so I decided to use it for my own business, it is extremely easy to set up and for me it was a tad more tricky as I work in 7 different salons on a monthly basis so it's not a Mon-Fri roster! However if shedul didn't have a feature I thought would be handy within a few hours of sending an email I had a response with a brilliant solution, Each time I can't figure something out or I've been wracking my own brain the customer service team comes back really quickly with a step by step explanation on how to sort my issue! Seriously the best experience I've ever had with customer service in any industry!
ConsI would like the option to choose my appointment times eg. 9am, 10am not 10:15 etc
July 23, 2019
Loubie C.
Nail Technician
November 19, 2018

“MARVELLOUS MAKES SALON BOOKINGS A PLEASURE!!”

OverallWe took over from the previous owner in April of this year and we had to find a new booking system ASAP. This was perfect and better by far than the original system(TW) We've been using the Shedul web app almost a year and I can't rave about it enough!! We are a beauty, nails and body piercings salon based in the Peak District. Check out Balls & Claws Matlock if you want to see the client facing side of Shedul on www.Fresha.com search for BallsAndClaws Shedul it's fab our clients get a text 24 hrs before their appointment and it's reduced our no-shows. Those that would at least call and cancel. Very happy with Shedul. Would definitely recommend and yes it's free but more importantly it's sooo easy to set up and mega simple for customers to use too! Get it. Check out fresha.com to see who around you is on there. I have got at least 2 other salons to sign up and I'm in the process of helping 2-3 other local business to use it too!!
ProsI love that it was sooo easy to set up also the ease of use for our clients! Social media bookings are easier and the texts help reduce no-shows. The Thank you emails help to promote our other pages i.e. Facebook and Pinterest and reviews of our services on Fresha.com
ConsA change to the client cards. I preferred the previous upgrade but I would also not prefer to see the amount overall spent when seeing a client card as our clients can see our screen in the salon.
November 19, 2018
Jennifer F.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“Helpful and Serves Its Purpose”

OverallWhen they aren't changing things every week, we are very happy with the product. We love the new app which makes sure my therapists know immediately when their schedule changes.
ProsCost effective, simple and easy to use design, web based.
ConsThey make updates so frequently that you are constantly having to relearn where things are and how to do simple tasks. I feel like they should leave some things alone.
August 2, 2019
Trish I.
Salon owner
July 8, 2019

“Best program ever!”

OverallI have been in the beauty industry for over 20 years. Have paid ridiculous amounts of money for other programs and the service was no way near as good. I have recommended this program to 2 other salon owners. Cannot speak highly enough! It has everything a salon needs and they are continually improving.
ProsIt does absolutely everything I need it to do and the customer service is outstanding!
ConsNo app on phone but it's not really a problem as I have it saved in favorites on my phone.
July 8, 2019
Hannah F.
Beautician & Nail Technician
October 11, 2018

“Love Shedul :) ”

OverallMy accounts, when doing my self assessments i can go to reports and it shows me everything, so so handy when doing my accounts. My clients love the reminders :)
ProsIt's user friendly, I can customise sales receipts. Helps me with my accounts as its really structured with its financial reports. I use this software in the salon I work at, I can use it on my phone, laptop... Its absolutely amazing! I looked at so many other salon softwares and they were so so costly, but Shedul by far ticks all the boxes. I've been using it for a year now. Oh... I also love the auto msg reminders!
ConsThere's nothing I really dislike, I guess with auto reminders the text version doesn't have much characters, therefore it's really short and sweet. However it works, if anything maybe more characters for the text message to send out to clients. Oh, I don't know how to use my mobile number when for the auto text reminders I think it's sent from a different number, some of my clients have sent messages but I haven't got.... Oops! But there's not enough characters to write alot.
October 11, 2018
Maro S.
Founder and CEO
June 9, 2017

“It is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business.”

OverallIt is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business operations. It is easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook page making it one of the most important parts of the business operations and all aspects of it.
ProsIt's most comprehensive solution for managing all aspects of the business. Cloud based scalable and easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook makes it one of kind. Having privilege and pleasure to use it from the day one of starting our salon business I could not imagine running a business successfully without Shedul and it's valuable support team being core part of the business and deserving credit for the considerable success of Touch of Thai Massage and Spa in Dubrovnik. Croatia.
ConsMaking mobile number verification scripts can be challenging for any software company and the number of mobile phones globally makes this more complex with every day.

By Shedul.com on June 12, 2017
Hey Maro thank you so much for the review!! Can you please verify your email address with Capterra, so your review can be displayed on our page? Thanks again! :-)
June 9, 2017
April 13, 2019

“Very complete!”

OverallI am planning on implementing it soon, but my experimental experience has been phenomenal.
Pros- Very thorough and detailed - Free - Visual analytical data like graphs - Ability to track all the numbers, without having to keep different spreadsheets for everything. - Ability to keep employee, client, sales, inventory, point of sale (and other features I cannot think of because it's so complete) It can be kept all in the same place. - Ability to text or email customer receipts when checking out. - The best in the market based on my research - Great support team
Cons- The only thing I would have to say I saw as a flaw was that I experimented with the account in order to learn my way around and was unable to delete all data (which was experimental) even as the owner of the account. I think the owner of the account should have full administration rights (you already have all access minus this feature), or should be able to request for the support team to reset the information in order to not create a new account or have false analytical data. I have addressed it with the support team and they gave me a prompt response stating this is for security reasons and that they are working on implementing new features as others request them, and they see possible. So maybe if more people request this, they can find a way to help us.
April 13, 2019
Linda B.
September 28, 2017

“Best ease of use and awesome Customer Service!”

OverallManageability of my entire booking system and inventory control. I not only have a finely tuned booking system where clients can make and manage their own bookings; I also have a system whereby I can calculate exactly how much each client visit costs ion real terms.
ProsI worked for Microsoft for 13 years, have their tattoos all over my body, have my Office 365 subscription... In other words I am fully 100% Microsoft. Microsoft has introduced a new product, which I get for free, with Office 365 called Booking. I was super excited as I thought I could move off Shedul and have nothing except Microsoft running in my environment. WRONG!!! Shedul is in every way a superior product. Microsoft, I still LOVE you, but Shedul kicks your Booking App. Shedul is by far the best product out there!!!
ConsOnly con is that I cannot process Credit Card payments and send directed marketing from the app. But I believe the Credit Card facility will be introduced soon. To be honest it was easy enough to export my database and do a mail merge for my directed marketing.
September 28, 2017
Maasa C.
Spa Owner
March 24, 2019

“Mission pay per service function”

ProsIt's a very intuitive program to use and its free:)
ConsI'm having to do payroll manually because I do not pay my staff on a commission rate. I believe many spas to not do so because a lot of aesthetic services require product use and it doesn't make sense to pay the same commission rate for massage services or other service that do not require much product. This would be a perfect system if there was an option to pay each employee a service rate and also and option to pay individual staff members a scale of service rate depending on their experience so they have room to grow. I'm truly hoping that this function will be added soon because with 10 staff members it's taking too much time to do payroll and now I'm looking for another POS system. If this is on the horizon please let me know. Thanks so much!
March 24, 2019
Taylin B.
Spa Owner
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
July 29, 2019

“Love this software ”

OverallAmazing customer service, have never experienced a glitch love how easy it is to use and that it is free!
ProsEasy to use and love that there is now an APP!!!
ConsNothing now that there is an app, before that I didn't like having to always log onto a site
July 29, 2019
Karen C.
Therapist/Salon Owner
June 27, 2018

“The best ever system for my salon!! My clienst love it and we love it more!!!”

OverallI get daily benefits from increased clientele, to professional messages to cash up to reports the list is never ending. I am delighted I have had the pleasure to work with this product for 2 and a half years and at no charge. I would be lost without it and my business would die a death!!!
ProsSuper easy to use!! Easy for clients to book 24/7 easy for staff to book. Best of all at any time day or night we can check appointments and clients may book appointments. brilliant system. I love the features and continual updating!
ConsI don't have any cons! This system has proven to be amazing all round. As a salon owner this is a fantastic product and whats more it FREE!! what ore could one ask for. My only con is the negative and sometimes rude comments on the feedback - REALLY??? - its free and brilliant! So why the negative comments/
June 27, 2018
Janny N.
June 20, 2017

“Great Software So Far! ”

ProsI love how flexible the software is. I can make changes to my appointments easily. I love that I can pull up reports and see the growth from one month to another. I appreciate the fact that my clients can book so easily. I also appreciate that the system sends out reminders via text and email. My clients have expressed that they love that feature.
ConsWith any software there is always room for improvement. If I can compare last month to this month without pulling up custom ranges, that would be great! I am hoping to see payment processing with the software, as I hear that's what the team at Shedul is working on. I'm also hoping that clients can reschedule their own appointments by keying in their appointment ID perhaps? As of right now, I reschedule my appointments when clients email me. I would like to see options that compare the previous year to this year, without pulling up custom ranges.
June 20, 2017
April 27, 2019

“One key dealbreaker”

OverallOne of the primary issues for users is the lack of calendar syncing, and the only response from support is that it's not that big a deal, all of the other features make up for it. I've stopped using it because of the lack of calendar syncing.
ProsIt's free, easy to use, and adaptable.
ConsNo sync between app and any external calendars. No iCal, no google calendar, nothing.

By Shedul.com on May 13, 2019
We're so sorry to see this! We take features requests extremely seriously and it's the main reason we've been offering Shedul entirely for free so that we can capture user demands. Yes, syncing calendars is high on our priority list and we know it's very important to our customers, we just have a couple of others that are even more in demand to get out of the way first. It's impossible to build all features at one :( Please let us forward your conversation to justyne@shedul.com and we'll take this further
April 27, 2019
Marianne W.

“LOVE IT!”

OverallThere is obviously a lot of questions to begin, I changed over and Shedul dealt with transferring our client list with ease. Support answered all my queries quickly and more.
ProsHaving changed to Shedul a year ago I cannot recommend it enough. I have a small beauty salon/gift shop and I find the ease of use fantastic. I am so impressed how it has improved my business as I can track reports much more thoroughly. We can see the growth of online booking and the ease of use for our clients. The support has been second to none and its rather exciting when you get a new notification to say they have added something new to help improve my business. I have recommended this to fellow salon owners who have also signed up, don't hesitate its FREE!
ConsNothing I do not like and I know there is additions coming that will enhance my business even more. So when I ask... is there any chance of whatever subject coming.. they are on the ball and yes its coming, working on or we will take it into consideration.
maria D.
salon owner
August 20, 2018

“why haven't I used this sooner”

OverallI had previously paid a fortune for salon software via a large uk company so when that expired I didn't feel as a small salon I could justify the ongoing costs. I came across this online whilst researching my options and thought` at first it was too good to be true.... whats the catch? went ahead and downloaded and am amazed with the superb standard and professionalism that comes with this software. The booking system is up to, and in fact exceeds my previous company as i can process a call and booking in less than half the time of isalon. The ability to loose the large desktop and all the wires from reception to replace with an iPad is so much better. we have yet to attempt to link up my cash drawer and receipt printer yet but have had excellent help and feedback from email support so feel confident i will get this resolved. One area it does lack in for me is holding details on a database of colours used etc on each client. Would love to see a more comprehensive client record card that i can hold more information such as last skin test etc All in all its excellent and i would recomend to any salon large or small
Proszero cost totally user friendly easy to install, use and train others in online booking system excellent can use everywhere as its cloud based (excellent for late night social media appt requests) Excellent customer service response (email) able to use ipad, much more profesional
ConsI didn't find this sooner would like the ability to hold more information such as previous skin tests, colours used etc thats easily displayed when booking an appointment.
Emily E.
September 18, 2019

“Great service, Fantastic Software”

OverallThe team are so helpful. Any problems and they get back to you straight away. Solving problems above and beyond my expectations. Love the new features to prevent no-shows, encourage return business, rewards for your regulars, the list could go on.
ProsSo easy to use! Never have come across anything quite so simple but at the same time comprehensive to use. And they keep evolving all the time, always moving with the times to give you the best value for money.
ConsI honestly can't fault it, it offers so many great features. Maybe a section to deduct course numbers from treatments might be useful for us.
Cornelia V.
September 16, 2019

“Best Replacement of Salon Iris”

OverallI can say WOW!!! I love the opportunity to have such great addition to my business tools. Thank you!
ProsLooks much clean and performance is much better than Salon Iris. Also, I love that I can use in my Samsung Tablet and be mobile if I need. Overall, I love this software and consider for my daily use. Great tech support and better documentation made for peoples that are from "different galaxy".
ConsLike anything else, AT THIS TIME (I understand that in USA it was just launched), are few cons: - You have to send to customer service the Excel clients file to be added. Probably is security reason, I do not know. - Because, not all the countries receive same future apps pushup in the same time, USA have to wait little longer. That's OK, we love them anyway.
September 16, 2019
Sandra S.
Nail tech
May 21, 2019

“Very happy”

ProsI like here everything. Easy to use. Organised clients and me too. I love the app
ConsNo app , but it's fine, used to have like it is
May 21, 2019
November 25, 2018

“Free Salon Software”

OverallOverall I'd recommend Shedul to new salon owners because its free and has the basic tools to get the job done.
ProsAs a new salon owner, my mother was looking for software to managed her clients for her Salon Business. We purchased the salon from a new owner who already was using Shedul to manage his clients so we continued to use. I must see, this is the best free software you can you use for salons and service businesses. The platform is easy to use with a clean UI. My favorite part is that you can generate text messages and email reminders to clients when they book or confirm a new appointment. You can manage multiple employees as well with their own schedule and allocated hours. They even offer free online booking for the entire company.
ConsThey notifications they can generate lack the ability to apply custom rules to the software. For example you can't say, send a notification to clients who haven't booked in x amount of days. Also, because this is free software, the support is lacking. They are quick but when you have a client in the chair or at the counter ready to book, you have to email them to get support which is a down side.
November 25, 2018
Patricia C.
Hairdresser
1-10 employees
June 13, 2016

“Pinch me ! Am I dreaming? This is software is amazing and has great support from all staff.”

OverallThis product is all I need to run my small business. I trialed many hair salon appointment software, I could never justify paying the high price for a software that was either complicated or did not meet all my needs. Sometimes cash flow is a little tight, I did not want to commit paying a monthly payment for software. I was a little skeptical at the beginning about Shedul being free. But I have been using it since November last year and I have not been disappointed at all. I love the software and the staff are great. The staff are willing to listen to all your request and help you with any problems that you may come across. I feel valued by the staff at Shedul, because they are interested in my ideas to help create new features for this software. I feel proud when I see one of my ideas have been developed by the amazing staff at shedul. The staff really work hard and deliver mostly everything requested. Thank you Shedul for helping my business needs.
ProsI love this software mostly for it's free services and Shedul staff are incredibly helpful.
ConsI love everything about this software. I can't think of anything bad to say. Keep up the good work Shedul staff.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it! You won't regret it.
June 13, 2016
Lexi M.
Makeup Artist
March 30, 2016

“Absolutely Stunning!!”

OverallWe are a small makeup studio in a small town. We used to write all of our appointments in a physical appointment book (prehistoric I know). But once my boss hired me (her first and only employee) the faults of our system became apparent. We fell upon Shedul and we could have never guessed on the things we were missing out on! The system was so easy for me to learn and to teach to my boss, and I have never used a scheduling system before! I had a problem in the very beginning and wrote them a message and they responded so fast! I continue to stay active in their suggestions area of the program. This is where you are able to vote on what you want to see through the development of the system. They keep you updated if they are working on something you want and notify you every time they add something, and they add something new often! We are able to schedule multiple employees and have endless clients. There is perks to the program that we have yet to use, you can set up all of your products and keep track of everything you sell as well as allow your clients to schedule themselves through online booking! We will try out everything this site has to offer in due time but were happy with the ease of everything basic right now. The site gives us stats on everything from the amount of appointments an employee has, to keeping track of all of the money that a client has spent at the studio and how many appointments they have had since being put in the system. Our clients absolutely love that they get automatic text messages every time they make/cancel/reschedule an appointment. They also get reminders that we set for 24 hours before their appointment, since using this we have had NO MORE no shows! Which is very motivating to such a small company. There is not enough we can say about this company and their staff, they go above and beyond to answer all questions as well as continually develop this awesome program! -Clarkston Makeup Stuido
March 30, 2016
Misty D.
Owner/ Stylist
September 30, 2019

“The best I have ever used!”

OverallWe love it all!!! We are very happy with shedul and everything about it.
ProsShedul makes our lives do much easier at salon, we love this software since day one. It's easy to use, the app is wonderful as well.
ConsWe have no completes. We have used others and hated them, but not shedul. Everyone at the salon uses this daily.
Lushane S.
Beauty Business Owner
September 5, 2018

“Just what I was looking for!!”

OverallShedul has helped me to put all my bookings in one place with the added bonus of communicating with my clients. It not only presents a professional edge but also adds friendly touches that support good customer relationships. In terms of working with Shedul, from the onset they are professional yet friendly and supportive- which is perfect.
ProsI've searched high and low for a Salon Booking System that did everything I wanted it to do- and Shedul is just that! It's easy to use and the features are amazing! I love how it sends clients booking confirmations (via email) and text reminders and thank you's. My current clients are already impressed! As a new small business owner it also helps that the system is available for free, but what it brings to the business is priceless! Thank you Shedul!
ConsTo be honest there is nothing I can say as a con at the moment. The only thing I can say is I just needed some time to learn how to navigate and use it with confidence- but this would go for any new system! Because Shedul is so user friendly it hasn't taken me long at all. Also the friendly team have already sent emails to offer any help if needed!
September 5, 2018
Sandra V.
RMT
December 15, 2017

“Amazingly easy and can't believe all you get for free!”

OverallProductivity because it is so easy. And obviously because it is free I am always looking for ways to save for my business. Aren't we all???
ProsI must say this is by far the best software I have ever used. And best part is that it is totally FREE. I have owned a wellness clinic for 11 years and have paid through the roof for certain features such as online booking and email/text reminders. This year I sold my business and starting working from home part time so I was looking for a software that wasn't so complicated and most importantly wasn't expensive. I came across shedul and thought "what the heck" I'll give it a try and if I don't like it I'll move on to the next of many. Well it didn't take too long to fall in love! shedul does everything my last pricy software did and MORE. Is this too good to be true? Nope! I've been using shedul for four months now and I am so impressed!!!! And I can't say enough about the helpful shedul team that is just an email away from answering questions. Not to mention all the amazing updates that are constantly added. Can't wait to see what 2018 has to bring! Thank you shedul!
ConsThe only thing I wish shedul could do in the near future would be to add a logo to the receipts. This would help customize the receipts a little more.
December 15, 2017
Angela G.
March 24, 2017

“User friendly, smart and professional. We'd be lost without Shedul”

OverallWe opened our laser treatment clinic very recently, and right from the planning stages had discussed the importance of having an easy, straightforward online booking system that the clients could use remotely, and that we could use in the clinic. We'd done a little research and found some online systems, but they were either very expensive, very complicated or both! Just as we were about to open, a friend sent me the link for Shedul, to see if it would be a useful resource for our clinic - I'm so happy that she did! I had a little play straight away, not expecting for a minute that I'd be able to successfully navigate my way around the system, as my business partner is the IT expert. But I was wrong! It's so user friendly, I found I could set up the system all on my own and was amazed at the quality of the system and the range of functions available. When I sent it to my partner, she was as thrilled as me! We use Shedul in our clinic now and it has been absolutely invaluable. Clients can easily book in remotely, any time of day or night, and I can see when new appointments have gone in, whether I'm at home or in the clinic. It's incredibly easy for us to book clients in too (even me!) and I love that we can send out personalised messages by email or text to confirm bookings and thank them for their visit. We don't currently use all the functions available, but we can definitely see the value of them going forward when we have built up our client base more. And we can't really think of anything that could be added at this stage, Shedul seem to have thought of everything! I really can't express enough how much Shedul has helped us in our business. As a fledgling business, it's so important for us to have such a fanstastic resource, and also the support we've received from the Shedul team has been second to none. I can't recommend Shedul enough, thank you!
March 24, 2017
Michelle S.
Stylist, Owner
1-10 employees

“Fantastic Customer Service!”

OverallI had honestly spent hours, looking for affordable online Salon Software options. I came across Shedul and the fact that it was free was a BIG concern. I wrote to the team and asked how they could give ALL this and not have a monthly charge? I liked the speedy response and honesty. Who wouldn't like to create their own program? Well, that is exactly what we are able to do. Share my ideas for consideration - with win-win possibilities, we submit ideas that get voted on and considered? Love it! I need a fool proof system that is quick and easy to manage. I want to service my clientele and not spend hours in an office! I am loving what I see from Shedul and not sure how they are doing it - The speedy response is also a great benifit. You guys are Fantastic and I am looking forward to the continued growth. Keep up the great work and a BIG thank you! Another very happy Shedul convert :-) Michelle St.Hill, Owner Eddie & Ev, the salon Coquitlam, BC
ProsIt's FREE! A company that values the input of the professional's it is later going to make money from. Being able to make suggestions and vote on other submitted ideas. The speedy response is great
ConsAre there any? Yes, there is one, there are no Salon or Spa related professions listed in the drop-down menu, in the 'Tell us about yourself' - I'm not sure if I personally like the heading, 'Personal Service', It is as wide as it is vague.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't wait to try it - be part of the opportunity, contribute to the creation of the best online booking system. Wait and it will cost you. Literally!
Michelle S.
Nail technician

“My clients love it!”

OverallClients love to schedule 24 hours a day, by linking it to my website new clients can easily book appointments anytime!
ProsVery easy to use, can book without credit card. easy to set up as a small business
ConsNothing I've loved every part of using this for my business
Karen S.

“Best Salon Software”

OverallIncrease in new clients, sustainability, clients love the app too
ProsThe ease of setting it up and regular updates with new features. Always improving the system
ConsTo be honest nothing really it's been the best change in my business
Laura Lee C.
Owner/Operator
December 10, 2018

“Loving this system”

OverallIt took awhile for me to go the route of online booking. Once I did, I paid for a different system. Huge mistake, everything went crazy with my bookings. After that I was very skeptical about getting into another one. My clients were liking the idea of being able to book at their convenience. So I decided to try Shedul out. Free, what can it harm? I paid for a mess of one. Best scheduling system I've used! The help line is like no other. Always asking people's suggestions to improve it. I am extremely pleased. I have it on my website & facebook. My clients always comment how they love it. All the girls have their schedule on their phones. It just fabulous. Thank you Shedul team for this opportunity and turning a doubtful client into a loyal one
ProsClients booking with ease. Also its functionality
ConsI haven't found an issue with it so far. Looking forward to all that shedul is working on to improve this system
December 10, 2018
Capri C.
October 3, 2018

“Easy to use with great customer support”

OverallShedul offers my business a complete package with automated text messages and emails, complete flexibility over how its set up and allowing my clients to book themselves appointments. I have looked at other programs over the last year but non of them have the complete package like Shedul. I recommend this to all my colleagues and friends who need such a system.
ProsI find this software easy to use and my clients love it. The new booking links have really made the software a lot more professional and i cant wait for the new integration payment function to come online.
ConsWith the recent improvements there is nothing I do not like about this software
October 3, 2018
Lee B.
Booth renter
June 4, 2017

“They really listen to your needs! The add different applications to keep it simple...”

ProsI love that as you find a new need, they will bring it to everyone's attention and "vote". I've been with them from the start, and they just keep getting better! I used several since 1999 and love that it's cloud based. If you forget your iPad you can just check your phone. And the best, you change on one, It automatically updates on all your devices
ConsSo far nothing, they keep updating all the time. Maybe more note taking from calendar...ability to place more pictures.

By Shedul.com on June 12, 2017
Hey Lee thank you so much for the review!! Can you please verify your email address with Capterra, so your review can be displayed on our page? Thanks again! :-)
June 4, 2017
L.Cristina C.
February 4, 2017

“Love it because is easy to set up and use”

OverallI use it since October 2015 and works great for me. I am an aesthetician and own a full cosmetology shop. For credit card payments I use square. Works perfect in the phone, ipad and computer. I think that is wonderful for hair stylists too. Very easy to set up, to note info about clients, to communicate with your team (and schedule appointments without overlapping your employees or miss their availability) and to confirm appointments and send reminders to clients, reports, inventory and more
ProsFree, online schedule, reminders for clients and notifications for staff, versatile for any kind of services in beauty industry, possibility to insert your own vouchers, gift cards, payments type that may be combined, tax automatically calculated for products, inventory...lots of beautiful feature that improve with the needs of every user that asks
February 4, 2017
Darla T.
Stylist/Salon Owner
Consumer Services, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Could not work without this Software”

OverallIt has helped my productivity in so many areas as a stylist, as a salon owner in the bookkeeping aspect...I love it!
ProsI love being able to check my schedule/appointments where ever I am at, from any device (phone, iPad or computer). I like being able to see stats and reports. I like tracking inventory with it. i love being able to book clients' repeating appointments and ease of rescheduling. i guess i just love EVERYTHING about it!
Conswould like ability to add Booth-rent stylists to software for their appointments.
Antionette S.
Owner / massage therapist
July 23, 2018

“Thank you so much. I love your app! Thank you so much for having all this for free. I have a very sm”

OverallI get the professional look without the professional price. I hardly get clients just because Im not pushing my business that much and it doesn't make sense for me to pay. I massage for fun and love. Not really for profit.
ProsThe fact that it's low cost and its as efficient and effective as it is! With awesome customer service.
ConsSome restrictions with pricing and products. Being a massage therapist it changes. I can not give specifics at the moment but you can expect some limitations. With the specials that I want to give and keep and not let the clients book the wrong one that's where I experience some difficulty.
July 23, 2018
Odette W.
Salon owner
May 26, 2018

“Love using this program. Easy to grasp and very functional ”

OverallAmazing program and it's free! I still cannot believe I stumbled apron this diamond!!!
ProsLove that the support team actually DO listen to your suggestions. And make changes that make your life easier. The crew are lovely to deal with. I love that the software is online. So if my computer crashes. I can pick up my iPad and keep working.
ConsProbably the fact that we don't have a two way text. Clients sometimes don't realise this. Would also be great to be able to set multiple text reminders. I.e. if a client had bought a treatment which has to be used the day before their next app I could set a text reminder for them. Possibly a few options to customise our own screens. But I am just being picky now. The program is amazing.
May 26, 2018
Laura M.
January 16, 2018

“Very user friendly for both business owner and clients. Great software support!”

ProsThe features that I like the most include the cost, that I can link it to my Facebook page and website allowing clients to easily book online 24/7, that I can have multiple staff and locations in one system, the software support is fast and friendly, and I can review days/weeks/months at a glance on the home page.
ConsI would like to be able to market to current clients via their email addresses, thereby increasing current client returns. I would also like for clients to have the option to include a review after they have had services or bought product.
January 16, 2018
Daniel F.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
June 22, 2017

“Love this Software! So much value for next to nothing!”

OverallIt saves me a fortune, with every other scheduling software it too expensive for an independent operator
ProsWorks as it says. Appointment reminders to clients about their appointments is reliable. It is ideal for independent stylists! Easy for clients to use, my clients, tell me how they like that reminder. The only thing I would say is that I would love for it to send me as the technician a reminder about appointments...
ConsCan't merge duplicate Clients and information... and I have tried everything they said to do. and I still get dup's
June 22, 2017
Lindsay S.
August 16, 2019

“Thorough, easy and FREE!”

ProsThis software is FREE, and it is way more thorough than 3 other paid scheduling programs that I've tried. Their web app was great, very quick and very simple. Their actual app is now launched and it keeps getting better!! They link with Fresha which allows clients to book online and make an account for east appointment management. All of my clients navigate it easily.
ConsTheir client notes section needs revamping. In the current section for notes within a client's profile, it's just one space to write continuous notes. I suggest having a dedicated section to notes with tabs (allergies, formula, general, important notes, etc.) per client. I write notes every single day on clients for updates and need more organization.
August 16, 2019
Gail W.
June 8, 2017

“An absolute breeze, especially when compared to my previous salon software!”

ProsIt's intuitive - no long winded training needed. Does pretty much everything my old software did but easier and in a better format. Reporting features are easier to see and access. It's easier for me to designate who has access to what and at what level in the business. Multi site function. Ability to see what's happening at any time, 24/7 in either salon. Ability to respond very quickly to clients now. Facebook booking option is much easier than previous software. More scope for descriptions of treatments so clients know what they are booking (was limited to around 15 characters with old software - you had to know the codes!). Ability to "overwrite" quickly, ie, if I'm happy to do a client's treatment which overruns into my lunch, it warns me but lets me do this without having to faff around behind the scenes after the client has gone. Very good stock control system! No allowing you to "sell" a product which you don't actually have! Although, if you don't want this, you don't have to have it. Support, support, support!!! All emails responded to, with clear instructions, helpful videos etc within a 24 hour period. Essential!
June 8, 2017
Jessica A.
Cosmetic practitioner
July 11, 2019

“Great customer service, great platform to work on . ”

OverallExcellent highly recommend
ProsCustomer service response rate and it's free and easy to use
ConsNothing . Would like to use marketing emails
July 11, 2019
Shanice M.
Education Trainer and beauty therapist
March 26, 2019

“I reccomend this service to everyone ”

OverallThank you shedul for making my booking experience with clients a professional and straightforward one. As a lot of my customers have explained, this system is idiot proof, anyone can use it even people that are not great with technology, straightforward and no messing around
ProsI love the ease of bookings, clients find it extremely easy, it's an attractive booking site, if it is eveb possible for a booking system to be attractive! But easy to navigate and has increased my business bookings by na incredible amount.
ConsThe only bad part, this is the part that holds the entire system back is not being able to take booking fees directly through the system, I understand the data protection and software behind this is very complex but its sadly the reason I am leaving this system and will hopefully be back once that feature has been ruled out and is working
March 26, 2019