GivingTools Ratings

Overall

About GivingTools

Process an ACH gift of ANY SIZE for just 25 cents total. For cards processing, you can bring your own processor or sign up for it here, with NO MARKUP from us. Plans start at just $10/month. GivingTools is an amazing value, offering a beautiful interface and robust features. A free demo account gets you started quickly. Trusted by hundreds of nonprofits. Learn more about GivingTools

Benjamin L.
Marketing Manager
1-10 employees
July 21, 2017

“Perfect for what we were needing and then some!!”

OverallThis software allows us to get more donations and quicker than before. Allows us to seamlessly integrate through our website to be able to keep traffic focused on what's important to us. This also allows the donor to manage their payments easier than going through us, and saves us a ton of money in the long run compared to nearly any other software out there.
ProsMost: Customer Service, hands down the most responsive and willing team to work with from asking questions, fixing a couple minor bumps I had, and reconfiguring to specific needs in one area. They are great and willing to help whenever possible. Then I would have to say the value of their system and service for the price you pay is beyond awesome. They are straightforward in what they offer and they have some of the best rates that I have found out there. For what we were needing, GivingTools has been the perfect fit. Their system is pretty easy to learn and understand, and it has been fairly simple to train our staff on how to use it and implement it into the support raising. To lock in the rates GivingTools have negotiated with BluePay and still be able to integrate their systems into outside 3rd parties like Salesforce is outstanding as well. For a medium size non-profit that is steadily growing that value and ease is not overlooked. There are lots of other pros to GivingTools that I would highly recommend anyone searching and investigating Donor Portals, should look no further and give them a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.
ConsDownloading the reports and understanding them with BluePay's reporting does take a minute to understand. I'm a very skeptical person so it took me a couple months of digesting the reports to fully believe everything was there and it was working properly. But I also didn't have the proper time to be able to invest fully into learning the reporting until about 2 months in. But once I sat down and reconciled everything and took a day to understand the language and learn how to merge with our old/current system is all made perfect sense, just needed that time for my brain to catch up. This should not be a deterrent though, but just recommend being sure to ask questions and take the time to learn how to quickly merge with your current accounting processes.
July 21, 2017
Peter T.

“Great Product ”

OverallLove it! I couldn't be happier!!
ProsThe cost to me was a big one! As a non-profit that takes a lot of recurring payments it's a very simple system that is easy for me and the donor. The cost of ACH's was unmatched!
ConsThere were some quirks with version 1 but V2 is much better. There are still a few odd things on the donor side that I don't understand, like they can't alter their existing giving, they have to cancel it and create a new pledge. We are using blue pay as our processor and there are some things I don't like about that integration but that's not giving tools fault!
Nikki S.
Program director

“Almost there....”

OverallAmazing customer service. I still think there are aspects that could be improved (see above).
ProsIt looks professional, easy to add to website, easy for donate to navigate original donation. I've always had amazing customer service experience with this company.
ConsSwitching from 1.0 to 2.0 version was a night mare. In order for donate to adjust their monthly donations they have to cancel and then create a new one. This is often confusing for donors and has caused us trouble. I'm thankful that you now send emails to us and donors when their card is denied for whatever reason.

By GivingTools on August 27, 2019
Thanks for this feedback! While 2.0 introduces many new features, we continue to hone the product. Please do share any issues you have as that helps us focus our resources to make GivingTools the best tool possible for actual users. Now that you are in 2.0, new recurring gifts will have 2.0's featureset. Older 1.0 gifts are automatically ported over to your 2.0 account for recording purposes but they are not as robust in terms of options. 2.0 gifts are forward compatible, though, so as new features become available, those gifts will enjoy the full benefits. Thank you again!
SHANE K.
director

“IHI loves giving tools”

ProsThe price! great value and much better with the new update.
Consthe old version didn't update on canceled cards.
Jon T.
Lead Pastor
February 16, 2018

“This is a great company all around. We couldn't have been more please with our experience!”

ProsIt was very easy to use and to set up. We had never used online giving before, so this was a new world to us and givingtools helped the transition be super smooth. Customer support is a huge deal for me and givingtools had amazing support. I was weary of not having a phone number at first, but when I realized how quickly they respond to email and how detailed their answers were, I was thrilled with the service. It actually saved me a lot of time to just email my question and see the answers rather than sitting on hold through a phone automated system like other companies do. We used givingtools for over two years without a problem. We have just now switched to a different product because of a complete overhaul to our records integration, but our switch had nothing to do with any problems from givingtools. In fact, givingtools customer service was amazing at helping us make the switch and never tried to pressure us with sales tactics like some companies might do. I would highly recommend givingtools to any church looking to get started with online giving. You won't be disappointed with them.
February 16, 2018
Robert M.
director
August 22, 2019

“Giving Tools is an excellent platform.”

OverallWe do gift shop sales, online sales of books as well as donations. Giving tools handles all of these very easily, with room to grow.
ProsI like its ease of use as well as its support of our nonprofit mission. Customer service is excellent.
ConsNo complaints. Giving tools works exactly as it should.
Churchill G.
Director of Development
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Giving Tools”

OverallIt gets the job done with little hassle. Easy to embed into our website and reports give the information we need.
ProsEase of use with menu and response of the development team to my needs
ConsThe menus take a minute to get used to, but help is always there when you need it.
Joel S.

“Love Giving Tools”

OverallThe customer service has been great - timely, friendly, and easy to follow directions
ProsI like that it is plug and play and that there is some room for customizing. Love how it tracks donation info and detailed information can be exported to Excel
ConsThe software is not as robust for non-flash sites
Theresa K.

“Giving Tools Review”

OverallI am able to track our monthly donors with ease and more importantly the warning we get when a credit card expires makes it possible for us to take care of that right away. We have a person at Giving Tools that we can contact to help us and we have always received a quick response back.
ProsI am able to easily find the information needed for each of our donors, their giving amount and when they gave.
ConsI used another software for 8 years - I had a lot to say negative about the use of that one. I have nothing negative to say about this one.
Brandi G.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“So glad we found this program”

OverallAfter a lot of searching for a site like this, and using some bad ones, Giving Tools has been very helpful. It is very inexpensive, no hidden fees that sneak up on you. Reports are easy to print and it is easy to navigate the site. definitely recommend.
ProsIt is easy to enter and edit your appeals, events and campaigns. You can add photos to liven up your posts. The giving page is easy to add to your websites and share. The techs are very helpful if you need help or have questions.
ConsThey recently switched from a 1.0 version to a 2.0 version. You can still access the old version but if you have campaigns in both the old and new, only some are visible. It made things pretty confusing.
December 11, 2018
Jerri T.
Founder, CEO & Chief Resource Officer
July 15, 2016

“A Perfect Partner!”

OverallMy charity is a first and its needs are totally unique. Whatever I throw at Giving Tools, man do they know how to catch and run with it to figure out a unique solution. And whatever they come up with will be something they can use for other clients!
ProsEverything, they realize companies are not cookie-cutter and they are anxious to help you get where you need to be. I'm thorough, and the are more thorough than me -- which is tough!
Recommendations to other buyersGet it! My fiscal sponsorship awardees are all start-up tax exempts. They are always impressed with the capabilities my charity has, which is also a start-up. Managing funds is everything, and that puts them at greater ease because I know their struggles and they can see my solutions, resources, and results as their own.
July 15, 2016
Lachelle Y.
December 3, 2015

“Over the Top Customer Service”

OverallI have never had such amazing customer support. We started using Giving Tools at the same time they were getting intermittent error message from their host company. This was forcing them to move to a new hosting company. As we all know nothing about this is good. It's hard on current users and the owners. But imagine the new customer who had just joined. That was me. The appeal itself was extremely easy to set up. Then I tried to go back in & edit and couldn't get anything to work. The next day I emailed support and started working with Jason & Josh who were amazing. Instead of saying - yip, things aren't working & we're trying to get it fixed they actually fixed it for me. Because I couldn't get in on my end, they edited the page from the back office to get me up and running. They helped me with the situation twice. They were very responsive, very quickly. They went way above what we have come to expect from customer service/support. I looked at several programs for giving pages and Giving Tools fit our needs for price and features. I'm looking forward to using their program ongoing. Thank you! Thank you! You guys are the best!

By GivingTools on December 4, 2015
Thank you Lachelle! Getting five stars from you on a bad day for us means a LOT! (To anybody wondering if we have hosting problems often, the answer is: this was the first issue in two years. But we communicated it with our users to be on the safe side and worked hard to be sure that all appeals continued undaunted.) Thanks for choosing GivingTools! -Jason
December 3, 2015
Elizabeth P.
Treasurer

“Quick and Easy”

OverallI love it! We will continue to use it and recommend it to other churches.
ProsThis software was quick and easy to set up. It is very user friendly with even the most computer challenged mind could do it. I also like how I can customize it with my own pictures for design.
ConsIt does feel limited at times. I would prefer to be able to search or process reports easier and with more options.
Susan S.
Grant Writer/Coordinator
November 13, 2018

“Giving Tools Customer Service is the Best!”

ProsEasy to use, very affordable, developers always looking for ways to improve the platform. Fast loading, secure, forms look good. The customer service people are so responsive, it's as if they're working on our non-profit team themselves. I can't say enough good things about reps in Customer Support to express his stellar attitude, competence, and courtesy. The best ever!
ConsNot enough options for some of the design features, but at this price, I am not complaining!
November 13, 2018
Lisa T.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
August 23, 2018

“Good value, great service!”

OverallExcellent!
ProsThe clarity of the reports; the way you are notified when a gift comes in; the amount pulled out of the gifts is much more reasonable.
ConsHard to log in; password issues when logging in can be difficult.

By GivingTools on August 29, 2018
Thank you for your review, Lisa! I believe your login issue was because we have our older 1.0 platform and the much newer 2.0 platform. Your account had started in 1.0 last year and migrated to 2.0 this year...and the passwords are different between the two systems. Glad we got you sorted out in time for your meeting and thank you again. Let us know if you see any issues or have ideas...we are pretty quick to implement improvements (we get a lot opf great ideas from customer feedback).
August 23, 2018
Jack F.
Secretary
September 24, 2017

“Beyond great experience! ”

ProsCustomer service from the makers of GivingTools is phenomenal. We've been able to get everything we need for fundraising for our organization, and our suggestions are looked at closely toward future versions. They've been a pure pleasure to work with.

By GivingTools on September 27, 2017
Jack, we appreciate all your great input and look forward to dazzling you with the upcoming 2.0 version of our online giving platform. Many thanks, and our best wishes for the success of your most worthy venture.
September 24, 2017
Jack F.
Secretary/IT guy
August 22, 2019

“Great way to take payments”

OverallFantastic. Like I said, the people working there really put in 150% to make it a good experience for their customers.
ProsGT's software and service are so easy to use, and the people behind it back it 100%, to the point of making fixes within 24 hours when I had an issue. Their pricing is rock-bottom because they want to serve the non-profit community.
ConsIt would be nice if I could configure my own reports
David S.
Executive director
Medical Practice, Unspecified
February 17, 2017

“Great small non-profit option”

OverallHad a big wish-list for a minimal budget. Wanted appearance to be excellent, simple interface for customers, good backend for management, recurring donation options, easy to set up appeals, useable reports, option for e-check and cash donations in addition to credit card. Giving tools has been nearly perfect for a price that is better than perfect. Support has been super-helpful with any questions, and our first year has been successful beyond our wildest imagination. Downloadable csv files for financial reports are life changing for the accounting side of my work. Other little features, being able to hide an appeal without deleting it, sending notifications to multiple people within the organization. . .lots of good stuff. Only real concern I had was reviews of bluepay as the cc transaction processor, but I've had no issues at all.
ProsEase of use on front and back end Accounting/reports Price
ConsN/a
February 17, 2017
Kurt J.
August 24, 2019

“Best donation platform for small non-profits”

ProsI love GivingTools for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I love that they allow you to mix and match the payment gateways for card or ACH donations. Second, I can easily create different appeals/campaigns for different aspects of my organization. The customer service is also *very* good. I made some recommendations to the platform and they integrated my ideas within just a couple months!
ConsIt could use some more development to enhance features. Perhaps over time new features will be added.
August 24, 2019
William M.
Pastor
August 23, 2019

“Great Online Giving Resource”

OverallWe have been able to raise funds from people who are even out of the country. This has been a great resource for our ministry.
ProsWe have used GivingTools for online giving to the church and for a customized capital campaign. The cost to the church was much less than most online giving tools.
ConsWe had a time when an individual was having a problem setting up recurring payments, but that was an issue outside of the software.
Kurt J.
May 15, 2018

“Best Non-Profit Processing for Growing (and Flourishing) Organizations”

OverallSaving money!
ProsFar and away the best thing I like about GivingTools is the 0% processing fee. On top of that, the hybrid processing options for ACH and credit card processing allow me to get the best percentage of each processor. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Great response time.
ConsIt is relatively limited in functionality compared to other all-inclusive platforms, but those platforms have much larger processing fees (sometimes even an associated monthly fee). If you can work with limited functionality because you're trying to stretch every dollar, this is the program for you! GivingTools really is the best platform to save the most amount of money on processing fees.
May 15, 2018
Sara J.
Director of Development
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
March 1, 2018

“Great product, easily integrated, and FABULOUS customer service!”

ProsI like the user-friendly platform and how easily it integrates with our website. The ability to customize the appeals and look of the software gives faith to our donors that the software is secure and reliable. The customer service is top notch and the best that I have ever worked with. They are very responsive - within a couple of hours - and have always been able to answer questions and resolve the issue. Very pleased with the software and would recommend it.
March 1, 2018
Chantal S.
Communications Director
August 26, 2019

“Easy to use for the non-tech user”

ProsEasy to set up, easy to maintain, responsive customer support. Much easier to use than every other online giving tool that we evaluated (and there were a lot of them!)
Consdashboard reporting could be stronger, limited admin capability over recurring donations.
August 26, 2019
James C.
Web Designer
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“This makes accepting ACH super easy for us.”

OverallWe've been very satisfied with the product and service of Giving Tools. It's been well worth the monthly cost to have a good experience with a company who is responsive to our needs.
ProsWe started using Giving Tools because it provided the one and only feature we needed: ACH (checking account) payments. The staff guided us through the initial setup and then it was ready to use soon after. Our users appreciate the simplicity and the service has been very reliable since then.
ConsThe only difficulty I encountered was with the setup of the 3rd party processor, who's setup steps were pretty confusing because it requested a lot of info I didn't have or that didn't apply to our situation. Fortunately, GivingTools provided coaching and we got over this hurdle together.
Mark H.
August 22, 2019

“Great for small non-profit”

OverallGivingTools has been great for our small non-profit however the reporting and back end function could use improvements.
ProsUser friendly to setup Integrates with our website Cost effective
ConsReporting is minimal Don't have access to the customer's account view
Stephen P.
Head Administrator
January 16, 2018

“Great support, great features”

ProsThe support is fast, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The new 2.0 ads even more features. Thanks Giving tools!
ConsHard question... What do I like least? I like the simple interface, but I wonder if others would want something more complicated. NOT.
January 16, 2018
Lise B.
Resource Development Director
December 30, 2015

“Unbelievably amazing customer service and easy to use the product”

OverallWe just started using this product a day ago, so this review is primarily related to setup and service. And WOW has it been a great experience on both counts. I work with many, many vendors and this is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. We were up and running in less than 24 hours, and our contact was incredibly responsive and helpful - truly above and beyond. And this was in the week between Christmas and New Year's, no less - not a time that I usually expect anything to be easy or quick! Account setup was simple, straightforward and quick, and while we're only just starting to use the software itself, so far that has been simple too. It does everything we need it to do with good, though not perfect, options for customization. I'm looking forward to deploying it for our campaign and continuing to explore all its capabilities. Bravo to Giving Tools for creating a product that stands out for service, functionality, cost and ease of use!
December 30, 2015
Brent K.
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

“great for our charity”

OverallThis software allows us to collect funds from our donors in an efficient manner. We have been very happy with them and the solution.
ProsI like that they provide a basic service at a reasonable price.
ConsThere is some functionality around user management of donors that could use some work.
Kristen M.
April 13, 2016

“Great support and attention to feedback”

OverallWhen we started using this software, we needed a quick fix and didn't have the time we needed to really determine our requirements and find the best solution to fit our needs. We hit the ground running and ran into some issues with this product. The Giving Tools team was always on the ball and provided quick turnaround for fixes and enhancements. They've taken our feedback seriously and made some great changes based on it. We are very happy with this product.

By GivingTools on April 14, 2016
Thanks for all your great ideas, Kristen! A note for the curious: We rely on feedback to constantly evolve GivingTools. We are always working on improvements, and we encourage feedback so we can constantly do better. As we see it, if there is a feature we don't think people need but there is a demand for it, we make it happen, sometimes very quickly.
April 13, 2016
Tracey R.
Religious Institutions, Self-employed

“GT offers ”

OverallWe use Givingtools to collect weekly giving at our church. Easy to create appeals and collect donations.
ProsEasy to learn and to teach to my congregation
ConsReports could be easier to generate with search options for locating specific donations.
Andi T.
November 4, 2016

“Giving Tools Rocks!”

OverallI looked into many online giving options for our small religious nonprofit. It was a real gauntlet! I was overwhelmed. Everything was too much money or too complex for our simple needs, and it was all so confusing. Hidden costs were everywhere, and no good way to compare. Everything got better when I found Giving Tools! It is cheap, simple honest, looks really nice - just perfect for our needs. They also have very good personal service, when you need it. We were too new to have a website yet, so Giving Tools even helped us work that out. I was grateful and amazed at the friendly service and expertise. Even if it was not already the best thing out there for us, that would have done it for me. I will be telling everyone I know. Thank you for existing Giving Tools!
November 4, 2016
Gail B.
April 14, 2016

“User friendly and great customer service.”

OverallSelection of GivingTools literally happened over a four-day period by my superior. Since I was in a crunch at work, she worked through the setup with customer service, then passed it off to me. I was able to pick it up quickly with little instruction. The design is simple, the user manual is just 16 pages, and the support for our quick start was fabulous. Using this, instead of our usual manual system, saved me hours of overtime at a critical time. With use, I've suggested small software changes that would make my experience better, and they've been receptive. There were a couple of odd processing errors, and they've been responsive when reported. Their partner for processing online payments, BluePay, has been equally good to work with and responsive.
April 14, 2016
Holly L.
Fund-Raising, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“Take a look at Giving Tools”

ProsFront end: Ease of use. Back end: Customer/client support
ConsNot impressed with report functions and data dump capabilities.
Sue B.
Executive director
E-Learning, Self-employed

“Excellent tool”

OverallI've had only pleasant experiences with giving tools.
ProsI love the ease of the software. It was simple to set up. I love that it gives an automatic response when people donate. I like that I can customize it.
ConsI have nothing to compare it to. So far so good.
Laurie Anne B.
Development Director
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2018

“Best service for nonprofits”

OverallIncredible!!!!! I can't rave enough about the support, fees and options. I love this company
Prosgreat options for a nonprofit. I like that I can take recurring donations or sell a ticket. The reports are great as well.
ConsI need a few more tailoring options in appeals but I feel confident they are working on them.
October 23, 2018
Supreeth S.
Process Engineer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
February 9, 2018

“Great Features and Support”

ProsThe outstanding customer support and work on minute details. The graphical representation of the tool is more appealing.
ConsThe marketing part of this is not impressive as its really hard to hear about it. Some interference required for old and new merge.
February 9, 2018
Eric S.
Pastor
August 22, 2019

“Giving Tools for Churches”

OverallGiving Tools helped us be able to offer online giving for our church and we've been happy with the results.
ProsIt was easy to integrate into our website
ConsI wish there were more features to pulling reports
John david c.
Treasurer
April 4, 2015

“Simple to use and a real asset to our CHurch”

OverallAs a small church with limited resources we had struggled to come into the 21st century with credit card giving. After a couple of aborted attempts we found Giving Tools. They made it simple to set up and maintain and their personalized customer service guided us every step of the way. I give them my highest recommendation and strongly suggest you give them a try. If you've found the process confusing and intimidating these are the folks who can show you the way! Dave Canoles Treasurer, Buck Mt. Episcopal Church
April 4, 2015
Gayle H.
May 24, 2016

“The software is very intuitive; therefore, easy to use.”

OverallAs stated in my quick review, the software is easy to use. It is very similar to filling out an online form. If you have any problems, Customer Support is excellent! Jason, who I have worked with in Customer Support, is the ideal representative! He responds very quickly to emails and requests, even on Sunday. Additionally, he is funny and optimistic in the responses. Every company should be so fortunate to have someone like him on their team.
May 24, 2016
Kelly M.
Assistant Director, Development & PR
November 18, 2015

“Unmatched customer service, perfect online giving solution for our non-profit”

OverallAs a mid-size nonprofit who'd not previously entered the online giving arena, we'd heard positive things about Giving Tools and were attracted by its extremely low rates. After signing up and making some appeals (very easy to do!), I've received unmatched customer service, with representatives and tech people even reaching out to me proactively to make our site as attractive and functional as possible. Very impressed!
November 18, 2015
Jennifer J.
April 19, 2016

“A great product.”

OverallWhen I first saw the prices online I thought they were too good to be true. Then when I left a message and heard right back I thought that may be to good to be true. It wasn't. I've been extremely happy with Giving Tools. The product is easy to use and their customer service and technical support is impeccable.
April 19, 2016
Rob K.
April 17, 2016

“Simple and successful”

OverallWe switched over to GivingTools and have had a wonderful experience so far. This platform has helped us with our campaigns and the accounting process has been much easier since switching. Our donors like the very clean, simple style of GivingTools and it has made everything easier overall.
April 17, 2016
Kristen A.
December 14, 2015

“Excellent customer service and options”

OverallThe folks at Giving Tools have been extremely responsive and helpful as I launch my first appeal. They offer certain functionality that is hard to find elsewhere, and their pricing is very competitive.
December 14, 2015
Patty O.
July 14, 2015

“The software is incredibly easy to use. We are a small business without IT support, it is perfect.”

OverallWe haven't had any cons with using the software. We have found it to be very intuitive.
July 14, 2015
Elizabeth G.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
December 22, 2018

“Great Resource”

ProsEasy to use and helpful to coordinate all donations.
ConsCan take a little time to figure out but once you get it it's great!
December 22, 2018