iorad Ratings

Overall

About iorad

Web-based software for businesses that helps create step-by-step tutorials for websites or applications. Learn more about iorad

Jane M.
Dircetor, Educator Support & Effectiveness
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
June 18, 2019

“Hands down my FAVORITE app!”

ProsI was sitting at a presentation at an educational technology conference when the presenter casually mentioned ioRad. I immediately went on the site. Truth be told, I did not hear a single word she sais from that point on. I was AMAZED and began creating my first capture right there. It was that easy. When I clicked finish and saw how ioRad captured every step, every click, and labeled the screen shot, as well as producing the step-by-step instructions, I was sold! This software is BRILLIANT! It has saved me countless hours of capturing screenshots and manually adding the instructions. Better yet, is the LIVE function, where a user can see prompts to guide them click by click through a process in real time on the site.
ConsThe product development is very responsive to client feedback. The software just keeps getting better and better.
June 18, 2019
Sarah B.
Content Marketing Creator
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
July 1, 2019

“The best tool to add to your toolbox”

Overalliorad has taken our membership site to the next level. With the tutorials that include a live feature, and audio voiceover, you are able to create seamless steps for users that guarantee they understand what you are trying to teach. We have had amazing customer service, with the rep actually adapting what he has created to give our users the best experience. We communicate with the rep whenever we need anything or have questions.
ProsIorad is simple to learn and use, and the design is attractive that makes people want to use the end product!
ConsNothing! It is a great tool that allows you to accomplish almost everything!
July 1, 2019
Alfonso M.
Instructional Technologist

“Step-by-Step Made Easy”

OverallThis tool has helped me be successful in creating instructional design solutions for my work and for my grad school projects. They are amazing at building customer relations.
ProsThe user interface is easy to use. The overall design experience and features are great for the type of work I do.
ConsHas minimal design changes to the cover pages to personalize the tutorials more. May be offer different fonts.
Steve M.
Teacher on Special Assignment
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“Ease of Use”

OverallTheir customer service is very responsive and they send me emails updates on new features. Because I was in education, they also asked my input in how they can improve their product for the educational field. Extremely satisfied with iorad.
ProsAll I have to do in making the interactive tutorial is point and click. iorad will actually write each step for me. I can complete my tutorial in less than 3 minutes and it will come out looking extremely professional and people think I spent hours making the tutorial.
ConsReally, the only thing I could possibly ding iorad on (and this would only be me nick-picking) is when I make it a pdf, it crops out a significant amount of the screenshot. But again, this really isn't a big deal.
James B.
Business Development Manager, Canada
Construction, 10,001+ employees
June 14, 2019

“Easy, professional training in minutes.”

OverallWe have a very limited team to support our Salesforce instance of over 300 sales users in Canada. This has freed us up to not have to screenshare and walk users through some standard issues frequently, we can just direct them to our training library and keep moving on improvements!
Prosiorad makes it incredibly easy to create training videos or walk-throughs that users can experience at their own pace. As someone who has previously recorded screen-capture videos with over voice, I can say that this is 1000 times easier and more professional. The ability to tweak and update training as we need is excellent.
ConsNot really a dislike, but it would be nice to have the ability to have the training be read in French during the walk-through.
June 17, 2019

“iorad is great for process documentation”

OverallThis software has saved countless hours for our staff, allowed parents and students to find answers even when we're closed, and helped us with documentation.
ProsThis software has saved countless hours for our staff, allowed parents and students to find answers even when we're closed, and helped us with documentation. I love that iorad captures my steps as I work through a process. The new smart masking feature works great and saves time over the prior masking. The iorad team is very responsive.
ConsThere isn't any mechanism to add pictures or crop pages.
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
September 20, 2019

“Iorad”

OverallFast turnaround for tutorials. Easy to record demos.
ProsEasy to learn and use. Lots of options for delivery. I can have a tutorial created on 30 minutes.
ConsOrganization of tutorials... I would like to be able to use a folder system. Tags are OK but when you get a few hundred tutorials it get messy.
September 20, 2019
Zoran N.
Global Training Lead
Banking, 51-200 employees

“Love it!”

OverallMy overall experience is very positive. I have reviewed any similar tools and decided to go for Iorad. After more than 6 months of use all I can say is that I have not made mistake selecting it.
ProsIorad is very easy to learn and use. Iorad supplements our training materials very well. We have blended it with our elearning platform and we have completely changed our training process and approach.
ConsIt would be great if we can have better organisation structure of tutorials. After a longer use of a tool, the list of tutorials that we have created is quite long. Introduction of some kind of folder structure would be very helpful.
Stephanie A.
Customer Success Manager
June 17, 2019

“Essential for Trainers and Educators”

OverallBefore iorad, I had to make training videos and click paths on demand that I had to edit and produce and they did not save and share easily. With iorad, it takes a fraction of the time to create a tutorial and it is extremely easy to file away and reuse for other learners that need the same help.
Prosiorad allows me to capture my steps and fills in the prompts easily and in an expedient manner. It is easy to copy the tutorial and email it out to the learner. I also very much like how iorad keeps a library of my tutorials and has an easy search feature.
ConsI would like to be able to print off the steps in PDF format for free.
SARAH F.
Business Sys Mgr
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
June 28, 2019

“Easy to create and maintain”

OverallWe use this for new system training and for internal SOPs. We post these FAQs in multiple places, so updating only the one source is invaluable. Creating and maintaining SOPs is also very easy with a walk-through tutorial since steps that needs updating, adding, removing are obvious to spot when you are literally walking through the process again.
ProsBoth the ability to use the link and the embed. The audio is also very nice to use.
ConsI'm not sure I'm a fan of the new UI panel... When you accidentally delete a tutorial, there is no recovery.
Jamie S.
Training & Development Specialist
Internet, 51-200 employees
June 14, 2019

“Easy & free to create active interactive experiences”

Overalliorad has helped me produce end-user interactive guides more quickly & easily. It's easier to update an iorad when the product changes than a series of screenshots & directions. It has a place in our company that I don't see going away soon.
ProsI work in learning & development and tools like Adobe Captivate are big. iorad presents a stripped-down version of that which, in my experience, has a better end-user experience. iorad is also totally free to start using, a huge advantage. It's easy to adjust the targets & text in a capture.
ConsThe embedded player can be a little clunky. The screen capture doesn't record the final/confirmation screen unless you interact with it, so I typically click on a random point and then remove it in editing.
Natalie R.
Library director
Education Management, 51-200 employees
June 28, 2019

“Iorad is great for flipped classrooms!”

OverallReally great; I love it and so do my patrons.
ProsAs a K-12 school librarian, I make dozens of tutorials using Iorad. This software enables me to use it in the "flipped classroom" model, so I can be there to help my students when they most need me.
ConsI would like to be able to see the pdf in the free version.
Mathieu L.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

“My thoughts on Iorad”

ProsIorad is a useful and innovative tool that gather the following pros in my opinion: - Easy to use, to manage, to learn - Time saving - Good Customer Service
ConsThe cons I will list for Iorad are due to the fact that the development of the solution is still ongoing. Some new features will be appreciated, such as a "drag and drop" of the steps. Moreover, some bug are still existing.
Julien T.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

“Good Tool”

OverallGreat! I think it is a tool with great potential.
ProsIt is user friendly. It brings a real value added in the step by step exercise. It is time saving, resources saving, and it restrains the error percent.
ConsIt can improve in terms of features. it is not stable (I guess it is for a moment : still improving). But be more careful and inform users in advance, so they can save work.
Brian L.
SIS Service Specialist
Information Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Love this Application”

OverallMany of the administrators and teachers who have asked for support guides with our SIS system, have been very happy with the videos that I have created and sent them. It is a quick way to support staff with a combination of visuals and text.
ProsWhat I like most about this application is that I can produce quick tutorial videos with real time step by step instructions where users can follow along.
ConsThe only thing that I find that I would change is the voice over feature. It will generate voice over for the text automatically which is a great feature. If you edit the text in your video, you need to re- generate the voice over. In the realm of life, this is not a big deal and will not stop using this application because of this.
Patrick L.
Instructional assistant computer science
Education Management, 51-200 employees
June 28, 2019

“Best tutorial device out there”

ProsI love that it is so easy to start and go through the tutorial making process, I am one of the main technology implementation people at my schools and it works so easily that it takes me less time to create the tutorial than it takes me to figure out the program I'm making a tutorial for.
ConsI wish there was a little more flex with what the walkthrough looks like, I haven't used the premium version before so this maybe something that I just have access to.
Jessica G.
Manager, Implementation Services
Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

“Easy and very helpful”

Overallthis has sped up our internal and client facing learning/training so much. Users love that they can click on things and easily follow through the steps
Prosease of use, ease to share our documentation, easy to convert PDF, easy to transfer to colleagues to manipulate
Consi have not found anything i do not like yet
Education Management, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2019

“Iorad - Click and Learn”

OverallI love it. Created 3 click-throughs for an ed-based platform, and plan on doing it again!
ProsI loved that I could make a solid click-through tutorial or how-to for our staff.
ConsMy only issue is that the first time staff saw it, they weren't clear what to do. Maybe blinking "do this" sort of helpers for new users?
February 20, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2019

“Great tool for tutorials”

ProsLove how quick and easy it is to create tutorials right from the browser add-on.
Consno cons really. havn't had any issues to speak to.
September 13, 2019
Lynn T.
Manager, Education
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Iorad Review”

OverallIorad is a wonderful company to work with!
ProsHow easy it is to use! They have also made great improvements in the library making it easy to find simulations.
ConsThis is great simulation software, but my customers often refer to it as a "click-through". It does not really offer them the actual learning that they need.
CASA DA PORTELA I.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 9, 2018

“Amazing tool for tutorial building”

ProsFree plan with everything you need for a simple use. Simple and clean tool. Great plugin for live use too. Just amazing
ConsThe paid plans are a bit expensive, but from the FAQ page you can read that there may be ways to negotiate
October 9, 2018
Tanner F.
Chief Technology Officer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
June 28, 2019

“Love this tool! Very easy to use. Huge time saver. ”

OverallGreat customer support when I have questions. Overall, the product is fantastic. Highly recommended.
ProsSo easy to use. Saves me a lot of time.
ConsNot really that I don't like about this product.
Cyril C.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
June 15, 2019

“iorad is the best training tool on the market today”

OverallVery easy took to use.
ProsVery easy to create short videos to train your staff step by step. Just click capture and each time you click a place on your screen Iorad will take a screenshot.
ConsThe price is high but the company will work with you to make it affordable
June 15, 2019