VidGrid Ratings

Overall

About VidGrid

VidGrid is Videos Most Interactive Platform. Going beyond recording, hosting, and sharing; Vidgrid transforms video into a two-way conversation by empowering anyone to capture knowledge, converse with the audience, and control the flow of information. Worldwide leaders such as Fox, Mortensen, G2 Crowd, Paylocity, Duke University, and the University of Nebraska leverage VidGrid to communicate and collaborate across sales, customer success, training and education. Learn more about VidGrid

Lee S.
Client Support and Video Production Specialist
July 20, 2018

“ilos is the video platform you have been waiting for.”

OverallI work at a College, and we need simple video that just works for all our users from the top down. ilos has provided us that and integrated with our LMS to make the adjustment from another service as easy as possible. They have closely worked with us in every step to help our users be comfortable and learn ilos and be up and going quickly and without issues. I suggest ilos to everyone i can. I love it.
Prosilos is so simple. In a few minutes You will be uploading video, recording original content, and sharing it with whomever You wish. They have taken the time to make simple to follow, and thorough video tutorials to explain every aspect of their product. If You can't find what You are looking for, their customer service is astonishingly responsive and courteous. You will get services and features that You will pay quite a bit more for on other platforms. It's just an excellent product that has stepped up our video game.
ConsI'd like to be able to assign a video to a non-entity user like a Department or Division instead of a person to help with continuity in the case of turnover or personnel changes. They have recently introduced institutional size limits, which I was not thrilled about, but I do understand the need for it. Still, unlimited uploads is certainly more appealing.
Jeff K.
Instructor - Grace Abbott School of Social Work
October 10, 2018

“Great for online learning”

OverallOverall, VidGrid has been an awesome software to use to enhance the courses that I teach and to create online courses. It helps me how old students accountable to the material they should be learning. It is extremely easy to use and I have often used it to make tutorials for my co-workers teach them how to use various software that we use in our office. Anytime I have contacted customer support I have found them to be extremely punctual and helpful which makes my job a lot easier.
ProsVidGrid is an to online video tool to use for training and educating purposes. As an educator I use it to create online video lectures and tutorials. It makes it easy to create a high-quality video. Mitch. Is also very intuitive and easy to learn. In addition, this software makes it easy to track who is viewing your videos and how much of their of your videos they are viewing as well as it makes it easy to share and embed the videos. VidGrid integrates seamlessly with many Learning Management Systems.
ConsThere have been times where the software is a little slow or lags. But I have found that they resolve issues quickly and their customer support is absolutely amazing.
October 10, 2018

“Lifesaver for accessibility”

OverallOur faculty love ilos (when the captioning works) for all of the reasons stated in the first question above. We are using ilos for flipping the classroom.
ProsI like that we can screen record, host videos, caption, add questions/quizzes, edit video, and other features all within one website/product.
ConsThere are currently lots of glitches with the machine captioning. Ilos set the bar really high for themselves the first year we used them, and adding this feature was not an improvement. If we had not had such a great experience the first year, we might not be patient enough to give them time to work this out. I'm afraid new customers may not be so patient. And it depends on how quickly they get this problem fixed whether we will continue a third year.
Paul W.
Video and Digital Media Technologist
October 19, 2018

“Video capture and creation for normal people”

OverallVidGrid is used for faculty to create instructional content and have it captioned for sharing within our LMS. Staff generally use it for intranet instructional screen recordings, and students use it to either create a video or simply submit into the LMS.
ProsVidGrid has done a great job targeting the internet savvy video virgin. The recorder and website do a great job walking you from feeling intimidated to finishing your first video.
ConsBeing a larger, slower moving company with many change-averse users, some updates (including the rebranding) caught us more by surprise than we like. It would be nice to allow opting in for updates rather than finding out after a feature/bug is live that users should expect a change.
October 19, 2018
Jeanne S.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2018

“Ilos for Distance learning and face to face ”

ProsI found that Ilos to be very easy to use. I simply log into my canvas learning system account and click on ilos and record. I use it to record my face to face graduate courses each week and this gives students a chance to review the lectures. I also use it for online learning at the beginning of the semester to greet my students so that they see my face and become comfortable contacting me. I also record video lectures and podcasts (by recording my voice with a pretty picture but, not me) I found this very helpful as well.
ConsI'm not sure it has to do with the software but, the sound quality is not strong.
September 24, 2018
Sara W.
Math Instructor
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
July 26, 2018

“iLos Consumer Review”

ProsMy institution purchased iLos about two years ago. In the past, we have used Wimba and Panopto. iLos is by far superior to both of those options. From downloading the recorder to organizing and recording videos, iLos is extremely user friendly. I recommend other instructors at my institution to get on board as well! Customer service is exceptional. The live chat option is amazing. And once the rep had to take over my computer to solve a problem, and everything was worked out quickly.
ConsMy least favorite aspect is the editor. Editing was easier in Panopto because you had the option of slowing down the recording in order to get more precise cuts in the video. With iLos, it is more of a listening, rewinding, guessing, and playback in order to cut portions of a video. A bit more time consuming than Panopto.
July 26, 2018

“Ilos for screencasts”

OverallI have created a number of How To videos using Ilos (including instructions for programs on a phone.) Screencasts are very easy to complete.
ProsThe program is very fast for a online program. It is very easy to do basic functions within the program itself - recording, saving, and uploading. I really like the new addition of questions in the middle of the videos and the ability to add comments. The easy interface to Moodle is also excellent. I have also created videos on my phone to show students how to install software on the phone.
ConsI do like to use special effects, like zooms and speeding up the recording. I also like to splice several videos together - I have found that the basics are handled well with Ilos, but if I want to add effects, I need to pull up another program. I am not sure about this - it seems that there is a small downloaded extension to my browser (I did not need administrative rights which is good) so I don't know if it would work on a Chromebook.
Nikitah I.
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
July 21, 2018

“Moving to ilos”

ProsI came to ilos after working with youtube video and skype for business video and several other mediums, integrating these with Blackboard. With the launch of Canvas at my university, I decided there had to be an easier more efficient way to both affect the integration seamlessly into the chosen CMS, as well as to offload the material for review and external purposes, neither of which easy or intuitive with those other mediums. I find ilos well suited for the purpose and very effective as well as much faster than some of the other mediums. In fact, I wish ilos was chosen to replace Canvas own conferencing mechanisms which leave a lot to be desired.
ConsThe biggest challenge is making sure the add on program is downloaded and installed properly in your particular Windows installation which could be a challenge of the new windows 10 software rather than ilos itself. There is also the possibility of conflicts with a myriad of other desktop programs that handle a/v or seek to exclusively.
July 21, 2018
Richard S.
Blackboard Support and Services Manager
March 7, 2019

“VidGrid”

ProsVidGrid is where our institution hosts all video content for our online courses. Not only is VidGrid a video hosting platform, with easy integration into Blackboard Learn, it is also helping us tackle our ADA compliance issues concerning video closed captioning. In-video quizzes are easily added and fully integrated with the LMS gradebook. Great service overall.
ConsSome of our more specialized programs will often receive errors in the closed captioning due to the complex nature of the vocabulary. Certain medical and technical terms are often misunderstood by the machine captioning option. VidGrid has a manual edit option which enables us to correct the issues ourselves, as well as a FANTASTIC customer service department which is always willing to help out.
March 7, 2019
Nikhil B.
Product Owner
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 17, 2019

“Great APIs and Super Responsive Support”

ProsFast additions to API and super responsive support. Doesn't require IT Helpdesk for users to install on their machines
ConsNothing. Really great to use and breadth is expanding constantly
September 17, 2019
Richard S.
Blackboard Admin
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees

“Very good...but...”

OverallWe use the captioning service as well as video hosting.
ProsThe Pro captioning service is great. We also like the hosting.
ConsThe machine captioning service is less accurate than other services, even YouTube.
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees

“Ilos Review”

OverallI've used ilos for many things in my day-to-day. I use it for product demos, bug recreation recording and instructional videos. I am in the process of integrating Ilos into my LMS system to create microlearing training videos.
ProsI love the easy of use of the recorder. It's simple, light weight and doesn't require admin rights to my PC to install.
ConsI would love to be able to use the editing features directly within the recorder. It takes a long time after recording for the video to become available for trimming, blurring and adding questions.
Dana G.
Sr. Instructional Designer
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 17, 2018

“ilos is a huge asset to our institution ”

OverallIn order to add engagement, collaboration, and interactivity to our F2F, blended, and online courses, we needed a cleanly designed, easy to use video platform solution. ilos has been instrumental in adding collaboration and increasing accessibility on our campus. I would highly recommend any institution to add ilos to their technology tool kit.
Prosease of use; clean design; ease of closed captioning; interactive quizzing feature
Consediting; web cam - would like to turn web cam on and off during recording
Mike G.
Media Producer
September 19, 2018

“Great Product So Far!”

OverallI've been very pleased with ilos so far!
ProsWe are currently doing a pilot program with ilos (new name is VidGrid) and I've been pleased with it so far. It makes creating screen capture videos easy and also allows for adding closed captions to the videos to meet ADA requirements.
ConsEditing of closed captions (machine created) could be easier. Youtube does a nice job with having a video player along side where you can type or fix captions, so hopefully ilos will get better with being able to edit closed captions.
September 19, 2018
DeNisha M.
Faculty - College of Business

“Thank You ILOS”

OverallPlease see the above responses.
ProsILOS offers a fantastic, easy to use solution to our recorded voice or video messaging needs for online or classroom classes. It load quickly, streams smoothly, and is easily adaptable for faculty or student use.
ConsI honestly cant think of any at this time. ILOS really is an excellent product.
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
July 17, 2018

“Simple, elegant and effective”

OverallIlos has helped us with script and process fidelity. We are easily able to increase the speed of mastery for all employees. This product has greatly improved our new-hire onboarding experience.
ProsThe Ilos interface is simple, well designed, and easy to learn. It's most basic features are intuitive, with the advanced features being easy enough to master.
ConsI would like the ability to strip audio from video, and keep an audio bank. It's a specific request, but I use Ilos for customer support and inside sales, and that feature would be helpful.
Aaron L.
December 6, 2016

“Easiest way I have ever found to make videos!”

OverallI have loved using Ilos so far, and it's honestly not because I'm new to video and struggle with more complicated applications. I have used multiple video capture methods over the years and I still love Ilos. The main reason I'm such a fan is how easy it is to create videos, host them online, and manage the library all in the same place. I make training videos, so I'm not looking to win Oscars. My biggest challenges are projected turn-around time, making changes to projects when needed, and online delivery. Ilos has made all of these SO easy! In my industry, things change constantly and the ability to make a change to a video, replace it in Ilos, and have it automatically update everywhere I have used that link online is so helpful. The editing tools are limited, but that's the idea. It's supposed to be easy, so don't expect to be able to do a ton with the editing tools.
Robert L.
Director of Education and Sales Development
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

“Ilos = Awesome”

OverallAlthough I only use it once a week or so, I am using it for certifications for our sales force and it is driving productivity in the field for some of our harder to sell products.
ProsIt is absolutely easy to use. I am not fluent in video but using Ilos makes me look like a pro. It also integrates well with Lessonly...
ConsIt could use a few more editing features.
E-Learning, 201-500 employees

“School Use”

OverallI use Ilos as a teaching device during school. I love that I can screen capture and show students where to find things online.
ProsI most enjoy the phone use capabilities. It's extremely convenient for me as a college student
ConsNothing. I really think this software is great for what I need it to do.
Louis M.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2018

“Ilos worked for my students”

ProsI loved the ease of operation. Having used cumbersome systems, I found Ilos very easy to use and so did my students.
ConsI had no problems with Ilos at all. There's nothing I did not like.
Robin G.
Associate Professor
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2018

“Youtube for the classroom”

ProsEase of recording, uploading, and simplicity of use. Great for guest recording as well.
ConsThe editing features are limited so best to use it for managing videos. Basic editing is fine.
Yvonne S.
Instructional Designer II
August 8, 2018

“Still has some bugs to work out, in Beta stage for best features”

OverallI love what they do and what they are trying to do. I think once they get the bugs worked out in the new features which are all in beta phase, this will be a powerful video program that instructors will love.
ProsI loved being able to make videos interactive by adding questions and being able to link that data to my grade book in Blackboard. I also like their captioning services--fast, accurate, and all done by real people.
ConsThe new interactive features are in the beta stage. I have input many questions and there are weird formatting errors once the questions are finalized. Also, I hate that you can't edit question sets. You pretty much have to start over if you make any errors or want to change questions in the future.
August 8, 2018
Scott B.
National Training Director
Construction, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“Great Product”

OverallI really do love it. This has become a very valuable tool for our company.
ProsIt is very easy to use, and is very useful!
ConsI wish the app would allow for screen recording. It would be nice for taking training videos on how to use smart phone and tablet apps. iPhone has something that makes this possible, but it would be cool to be able to do it strait from the app.
August 6, 2018
Construction, 501-1000 employees
January 8, 2019

“VidGrid Training”

OverallGreat way to get content from our employees to share. Allows a better exchange of information, especially technical information, to solve problems.
ProsEase of use for all, ability to do some basic editing within the program, closed captioning support
ConsWould be nice to have a more robust app to use instead of saving the site, but it works.
January 8, 2019
Kris M.
Customer Support Manager

“Exceptional!”

OverallWe have used ilos for a few months now. We have found the system to be extremely useful and beneficial to our needs. I would not hesitate in recommending ilos. The team at ilos are proactive in their approach to supporting our needs and have been exemplary from the get go!
Courtney P.
Field Training Specialist

“LOVE Ilos!”

OverallWe have recently entered into a partnership with Ilos and have been blown away by their product, customer service and response time. We have been very pleased and would strongly recommend the platform and team to anyone looking for a simple, easy way to share knowledge.
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
July 18, 2018

“ILOS videos - simply awesome”

OverallIts a great tool. Very intuitive and easy to use, edit, share and do much more.
ProsThe video editing feature. It is extremely easy to use it.
ConsCost to caption which affects this service at our institution
Andrew L.
Manager of Training Systems
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2016

“ilos - A Perfect Match with Lessonly”

OverallIlos is easy to use (really, really easy), has a really good set of features that are easy to use, and it's great with Lessonly!
ProsEase of use, partnership with Lessonly
ConsSaving edits is a little slow (but it is really easy to make edits).
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees

“Ilos review”

OverallI used ILOS for a school project, I got an 85 on the project and was very content with the grading and the use of ILOS In getting that grade.
ProsThe videos were easy to produce and easy to edit
ConsThere were few options to edit the video, although the video editing process was very efficient. I would of liked there to be different types of texts.