Lever Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5

About Lever

Lever is the only ATS built to nurture top-tier talent. See our Science of Sourcing: Benchmarks for Recruiting Success! We've designed completely new features - like one-click sourcing, two-way email sync, and @mentions that make it easy for your entire team to strategically source, interview, and hire top talent. Three years in, we're proud to support the amazing teams at Netflix, Quora, Reddit, and more in streamlining their recruitment process and hiring the best people out there. Learn more about Lever

Aaron N.
Principal Talent Acquisition Consultant
Retail, 501-1000 employees
June 7, 2019

“Game-changing ATS for either Agency or Corporate Recruitment”

OverallI've been using Lever for nearly 11 months at two different companies - initially as a super-user, and most recently had the pleasure of implementing it from scratch at the latest organization I'm consulting to. While the full version of the software mostly works while browsing using tablets, support has indicated that they only support Windows or Mac platforms. I have used most features at ease on iOS on an iPad Pro 10", and 12.9" - but certain key features fail, and responsiveness lags despite it being about 80% workable. The sales process was consistently professional and personable. At no point did I ever feel pressure from anyone in the sales organization to make a quick decision on the product as it suited their month or quarter end targets - which spoke to their interest in securing long-term clients. The thoroughness in the implementation process, train-the-trainer, and direct support in hiring manager training further assisted greatly in increasing user adoption. This wasn't just a one-off sale for them, but a long-term partnership - and am grateful to have been able to work with such a superb ATS software vendor from the selection process through post-implementation. I have and will continue to recommend them unreservedly in the future.
ProsIntuitive workflows whether an expert or notice on the system. User adoption is high due to terrific UI/UX. Responsive technical support. Implementation leads that really care about the success of the implementation. Feature development and road-mapping that is responsive to end-users.
ConsLack of calendar synchronization and room availability support for enterprise users not fully on G-Suite or Office 365. Lack of SMS integration. Lack of consistent bug resolution follow-through. Lack of full support for non-desktop/laptop browsers, ie: Chrome on iOS on a 10" or 12.9" iPad Pro.
June 7, 2019
Heather L.
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
February 28, 2018

“Data driven and dedicated ”

ProsWe have used Lever for over 2 years, rolled out in countries across and globe and trained hundreds of hiring managers to use the system for feedback and reviewing applications. We initially chose Lever for its data and analytics, which have allowed us to automate reports and KPIs for teams in all our markets. The system is user friendly, and tools like Lever Nurture and Recommendations can help recruitment teams to find and attract more talent. Perhaps the best thing about choosing Lever is the team behind it. The system itself has rolled out many new features (requisitions, approval flows, restricting access to view sensitive information) after carefully considering feedback and suggestions, which are critical for scaling and management for large orgs. The support team is incredibly responsive to any issue and the product team is open to feedback and as transparent as possible about upcoming changes. The customer success team really goes above and beyond to understand and work through client concerns and helps to find innovative solutions to most issues. If you choose Lever and are lucky enough to work with rep - you've struck gold. I don't think I've worked with someone more focused on client satisfaction, able to make tough discussions enjoyable, and who really advocates for his clients.
ConsWhile Lever is growing rapidly and adopting more large global clients, there still seems to be a dominance of focus on US tech startups - for example in the Partner Integrations or in offer templates (multiple options for equity and vesting options) but complex package structures can require significant customisations, which can require additional work for enterprise clients. The biggest hurdle to adopting Lever as a global enterprise solution has been concerns around data privacy of candidates and employees as it stores all data only on servers in the US. From a security standpoint, this is worrying, has made it harder to get buy in to roll out in other markets, and delayed several implementations. If you want to consider candidates outside the US, particularly in Europe and Emerging markets, it means significantly more time and checks with Legal, Compliance, and Security departments. There is also the fair concern that non US candidates may be discouraged from sharing their data if wary of surveillance and privacy rights - which are major concerns and considerations in other markets. Investing in data centres in locations that focus on protecting data privacy would make it easier (and safer) to roll out and use as a true enterprise tool.
February 28, 2018
Mike G.
VP of Engineering
January 25, 2018

“Smooth, easy, and frustration free”

OverallI used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.
ProsHaving the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm"). Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).
ConsAs you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen. Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.
January 25, 2018
Jake S.
Talent Acquisition Associate
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
December 30, 2017

“Intuitive, Effective, Innovative.”

OverallBottom line: In my opinion, Lever is the best ATS out there. Beats its competitors by at least a mile. Keep up the great work!
Pros- Scheduling interviews have never been easier for our Talent Team. Our conference rooms are linked to Lever so we can do everything without checking Google Calendar! - Easy to use interface. Every tab, page, and profile is very user-friendly, with the recruiter/hiring manager in mind. - Sending candidates a link to schedule their phone interview cuts down on the back and forth. - Communication between approvers, hiring managers and interviewing team is ridiculously easy that even my mom can use Lever. - Automatic job posting to external job boards. Super easy to use for niche job boards as well! - The referral system is super easy for folks who don't use Lever on a daily basis. - Customizable application per posting. SUPER easy. I love this feature. - Reports are very easy to pull and read. - Recruiters have control over who they involve in the hiring process. Before when we didn't have Lever, all hiring managers had access to every single job posting and its applicants in front of them. Now, we assign them to specific jobs they own. They can't see anything else. - Lever Extension on Chrome is insane, in a very good way. Extremely helpful when you're sourcing candidates on LinkedIn! - Andrew is great. Always there when we had questions and always willing to hop on a call with us. - Implementation phase was super quick and simple. The Lever team did whatever we asked and in turn, we did whatever they asked.
Cons- Requisition approval needs fine tuning. When we decide to hire internally for a requisition that has already been approved, we have to delete the current req and add another one indicating it was an internal hire in order for us to report on the number of internal hires. There's very little you can do with a req once it's been approved without getting the approvers involved again. - Offer approval is backward, in my opinion. The letter should be drafted first, then sent out to the approvers for their review. Right now, it's approval first, then offer letter draft. - Referrals are counted as "applicants" and not "leads." That's crazy to me. - Once a lead has applied through our careers website, we have to manually move them from the lead bucket to the applicant bucket. There's no automatic transfer. No notification, either.
December 30, 2017
Ed Z.
Senior Recruiter
Retail, 201-500 employees
June 22, 2017

“Strong ATS Platform”

OverallLever is the 7th ATS that I have used professionally and I have demoed many others, it is one of the best out there. We went through our selection process a year ago and ended up demoing 13 ATS providers and they were the best for our needs. We couldn't be happier with Lever and plan on being a long-time customer.
Pros-Great UI/UX-very intuitive and easy to use -Good tracking capabilities: Can create unique URLs, each employee has a unique social/employee referral link, you can drop a Google Analytics tag, and can embed tracking pixels -Easy to get buy-in across the organization -Adds efficiency to the recruiting team saving recruiters and coordinators time in our day to day. We had to do a ton of manual work with our last ATS. -High engagement: Many of our team members weren't a big fan of our previous ATS and now they have turned into power users -Chrome Extension and integrations with other sourcing tools to be able to easily import candidates into Lever to manage the pipeline -Gmail and Google Calendar integration so you can do everything from one platform and not have to continually go back and forth when communicating and scheduling candidates -They are continually upgrading their software as we have been a customer less than a year and have seen many new beneficial releases -Have a CRM product(Lever Nurture) -Great support from initial contact through implementation -During the sales process, they really took the time to understand our business and recruiting processes -Easy to create customized reports -Tons of partner integrations -Streamlined and easy implementation process
Cons-Doesn't have automated social referral distribution. Employees can't schedule their job posts via social, they need to do it manually each time through Lever. -They don't have Live Chat for customer service -When setting up your job application, if you choose to have a resume as required then the 'Apply with LinkedIn' is pointless. If they 'Apply with LinkedIn' then they still need to upload a resume. Unfortunately, 'Apply with LinkedIn' doesn't cover the resume requirement.
June 22, 2017
Ashley G.
People Operations Coordinator
May 1, 2017

“Vast improvement in the automation of our young, growing tech company's hiring process”

ProsI love its seamless integration with the tools we most use--Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Abacus, and Docusign. It has made our entire hiring process more seamless as a result. For applicants, it provides a more professional, personalized (if templated!) experience than what our young company had previously afforded. For our People Operations department (of one) it has vastly improved our organization of resumes. Previously, I received from multiple sources (hand-delivered resumes, forwarded emails of resumes, dozens of job boards) often receiving resumes from people who were not directly involved with the hiring process. Lever has helped keep the channels of communication open between varying levels of involvement, equipping team members to track at the distance that makes the most sense for them. Furthermore, it has renewed energy throughout the company regarding our democratic hiring process. It is helpful that all team members can refer candidates more easily to the wider team, and that they can see all of their feedback forms/interviews in once place. The Slack reminders regarding feedback prove helpful since so much of our work is carried out via Slack. I also very much enjoyed the implementation process with Phil. He made clear that there is no dumb question. He was consistently friendly, and empathetic when there were obstacles in the implementation. He had a great way of allowing me to train by doing instead of training by sight.
ConsI look forward to the tool having more options in terms of auto-text/mail-merge. For example, it would be great if email templates had some options for dates and times. I also wish that it were possible to add multiple locations to a particular posting. I created a location called "Multiple Locations," but it'd be nice to have more specific cities listed. Perhaps I'm missing something though and this is an option. I'm still very young in my use of this tool. I also wish that the workflow process could be manipulated by super admins. If ever we need to make an edit to the workflows, we will need to contact Lever's support team. I have no doubt they will be responsive. I simply wish we were empowered to customize this ourselves as needs change. It'd be great if each department could customize their own flow for their different hiring processes. Also, the cost was nearly prohibitive for our small company. I was glad that the team worked with us on this. I trust that if we can expand its use across departments (instead of the initially approved Client Success team), the company will see its full value. Right now it's a bit costly for our 1-person People Ops 'team' in its primary focus on Client Success hires. I think to get full use out of this platform, we would need a full-time recruiter--possibly using the Teamable and LinkedIn Recruiter integrations that Lever affords.
May 1, 2017
James G.
Director of Talent Acquisition
March 29, 2017

“RLL = Recruiters Love Lever ”

ProsLever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients. I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I was all but settled on selecting Greenhouse as our ATS, not because I thought it was better than Lever, but simply because Greenhouse was the ATS that I heard the most buzz about. Before pulling the trigger, though, I decided it would be a good idea to see what else was out there, and at least take a look at another option or two. I reached out to my Recruiter network, and my buddy at Foursquare mentioned to me that they were using Lever, and that he really liked it. I set up a demo, and the rest is history. Lever knocked the demo out of the park, and I have had an amazing relationship with the company since. When I eventually left Bluecore to become the Director of Talent at Docurated, I made sure during the interview process that I would be able to bring Lever with me. The product is continuously improving, and I look forward to being a part of the ride.
ConsI don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.
March 29, 2017
Candice S.
Recruitment Business Partner
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
July 22, 2018

“Mostly good”

OverallThis is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.
Pros- I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use. - Great visibility of candidate notes. - It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation. - I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email. - New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations. - We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn. - It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere. - Evan is awesome
Cons- We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract. - Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points) - It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile. - Could have more use of colour coding. - Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications) - There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.) -
July 22, 2018
Tina S.
Director, Talent
April 4, 2018

“Solid tool with outstanding customer support”

OverallSolid tool with outstanding customer support.
ProsEven without any previous training, Lever is a fairly intuitive tool to pick up. Their customer support is reliable and responsive- from customer success managers and implementation consultants to the sales/renewal reps. I have enjoyed partnering with all of them. They are helpful, great at problem solving, and are very open to feature requests. Lever's "Easy Book" links works just like Calendly, so candidates can choose an interview time that works best for them. Lever Nurture Campaigns (email campaigns that automatically escalate to be sent from different people at the company) work really well, assuming you have email addresses of candidates to send it to.
ConsWe use Google everything at my company and scheduling interviews can be a pain. Lever pushes interviews to Google Calendar but we cannot see if interviewers accept the meeting invites in Lever. You have to go into each Google Calendar meeting invite to check. It's also a pain to copy and Reporting is just ok; I know there is a separate reporting module that can be purchased but the standard reports could be better. This also relies on clean data from the recruiting team, I.e. recruiters have to be diligent about pushing candidates into the next "recruiting stage", otherwise interviews can be scheduled and logged in the wrong stage of the pipeline. This also allows for false positives when candidates fall out of the process and don't complete interviews that were originally scheduled.
Sara M.
Employee Success Manager
August 15, 2017

“Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!”

OverallOverall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!
Pros-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding. -It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage. -Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering! -The email templates are a life-changer. -The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.
ConsWhile overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road: -More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change. -Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio. -Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization. -Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier. -Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!
August 15, 2017
Mitchell B.
People Ops Manager
September 5, 2017

“As a solo recruiter for a rapidly growing start-up, Lever has saved me so many headaches. ”

ProsHonestly, it was the calendar booking for a while, but now its 100% Easy Book Links. In the few week's that I've had it, it has saved me so much time in booking both my first round screenings and I've been able to work with hiring managers on their recurring weekly schedules so candidates can book their own technical interviews as well. Outside of that, I've been diving into building a much more structured interview process and Levers Feedback Forms are robust enough that I can create super thorough forms tailored to each hiring manager.
ConsI wish there was more functionality that made liaising with recruiting agencies easier. Very few agencies ever use the "custom job application" link that I send them and the resume email import functionality is very basic. Ideally, I'd like the capability to automatically tag their source. Possibly based off of the email address of who originally sent it to me. (IE - Agency sends me 3 resumes and CC's the email I use for Email importing. Lever see that "john.doe@recruitingagency.com" email handle and automatically knows that it should mark the source as Agency and tag it as "Recruiting Agency" or w/e) Honestly, that's my only gripe, and it's not even a bad one. It's super niche for smaller recruiting teams like mine who use a number of agencies to help ease my work load.
September 5, 2017
Mary S.
Talent Lead
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
October 2, 2019

“Lever Changed My Recruiting Game For The Better - There Is NO Reason Not To Make This Your Go-To ATS”

OverallLever has helped build + nurture talent relationships far better than any tool or self-imposed regime. It also helps streamline hiring for teams that are new to interviewing and educate at the same time. I love its ability to track and project manage, especially in multiple ways (analytics, visual staging, etc) and identity strengths/pain points.
ProsNurture campaigns, the emphasis on candidates vs job, reporting capabilities, and hyper customizable Feedback, Email, Interviews, + staging. Additionally, Customer Experience is beyond excellent. Any support you need, it's there, responsive, solution-oriented, and faster than you can blink.
ConsI don't. I love Lever. I will name my firstborn after this robust product.
October 2, 2019
Roberta G.
Talent Engagement Leader
April 5, 2018

“Lever is the most intuitive tool I have used.... ”

OverallThis was an easy survey tool to use.
ProsLever is an intuitive tool. The flow of work is thoughtful. I was able to self-teach my way through the tool and my hiring managers are also fluent in the tool with minimal effort. Lever enables me to be a great business partner to my hiring managers and to support finance and our business. I have had a team of 8+ and made a career switch and am supporting talent solo - it really enables me to use my time well. The scheduling feature is quick and easy for large interview panels. The tool to open phone screens with blocks of times saves me hours in scheduling. It's a live tool - anything I add it updated automatically. Lever gives you the ability to have contagious transparency with your hiring manager and other team members. This tool has all the features I need. It's priced very well in the market. Lever integrates with my other top partners. The support I have received from Lever is also like no other. Kudos to you, Lever.
ConsSo far the only thing on my 'wish' list is when we have pre-qualifying questions that if someone answers 'no' to something we need to be a 'yes' that it would send an automatic email. My support team takes this feedback and looks to incorporate it into their future roll-outs for the tool. Which I love... my voice is heard as a customer.
April 5, 2018
Molly K.
Senior Recruiter
Accounting, 501-1000 employees
November 1, 2017

“We have loved our switch to Lever!”

ProsWe implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that! The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams. Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates." Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.
ConsThe ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.
November 1, 2017
Stan R.
Lead Talent Scout
June 29, 2017

“Simple to use, candidate centric, great nuture product. Reporting needs work”

OverallWe selected our ATS primarily on User Experience and Cost. We shortlisted Greenhouse and SmartRecruiters and went with Lever. This is a candidate centric system, focused on user experience. Having used a number of large tier 1 systems which are clunky, unable to integrate with third parties (or make it difficult), it has taken some getting used to but I LOVE IT.
ProsLever is so easy to use. Our hiring managers jumped straight in with little to no training and are engaged in the recruitment process. Lever Nuture has allowed me to increase reach out email response rates by at least 50%. The ability to personalise and automate emails is a time saver and provides for an awesome candidate experience. Customer Service is excellent, responsive and sets realistic expectations. From a recruiters perspective it is easy to move through the platform, screens aren't cluttered, minimal clicks and loads of integrations with other API's. Very patient team. We've had a few changes in the team and Lever Support and Customer Success has been extremely helpful in reptition of training in short time frames.
ConsWe're based in Australia and unfortunately by the time a ticket is responded to it is a day later. If the response is not clear or not what we were looking for, then we wait for another day. Reporting is challenging due to the seperation of Requisition Reports (Lever Intelligence) and Job Postings. Manager dashboards do not provide the transparency required (based on what our business wants to see). Should have customisable dashboards. We have a decentralised model where Head of Engineering for example can't see Engineering roles as they directly report into a Product Team. It's not easy to customise, and quite difficult to understand.
June 29, 2017
October 26, 2018

“Love using this ATS”

OverallOverall, I have always enjoyed using Lever and have appreciated the feature and integrations updates they have continued to make over the years which has definitely improved the ease of use.
ProsI have been a champion for Lever since I began using it over 4 years ago. It's an ideal ATS for small recruiting teams and has helped streamline the recruiting process while being the source of record for candidates. The platform has great integrations with sourcing tools, hiring platforms, and new-hire tools like background checks and HRIS systems. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time using this platform.
ConsThe cost can be pretty high for the basic software so I'm some smaller companies or startups would not be able to afford this technology. I've always struggled with the reporting section. I find it highly confusing and I don't always feel the data is 100% correct. This can be hard as reporting on data in Recruiting is very important, and you want that data to be correct if sharing it with the leadership team or hiring managers.
October 26, 2018
chris b.
ceo
January 17, 2018

“Overall great experience”

ProsWe wanted something that could be implemented quickly and easily, it was also important that the price made sense for the value. We've found that the system is intuitive and allows us to keep track of candidates in an organized meeting. Lever has provided all of this. The UI is super intuitive. The learning period for comfortably navigating the system and time to value was minimal. This has been a great tool for our team and even better for our hiring managers who are loving the new system.With our old ATS the problem we ran into was that our hiring managers never used it and wouldn't to leave notes or feedback about their interviews. As we scaled we knew we needed a new solution and Lever was an easy choice. I've never seen hiring managers and recruiters so responsive and thorough in their use of an ATS before. If you want a seamless process and architecture that even your developers will appreciate, without spending a fortune, Lever is by far the best option.
ConsReporting could be more robust - more funnel reporting and visualizations in the reporting section.
January 17, 2018
Brie O.
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
December 14, 2017

“Easy and useful tool but often needs work arounds for special processes.”

Pros- easy to navigate - simple setup and settings management - easy tracking of candidates and pipeline - bulk actions - collaboration: Notes features and secret notes - Organization of tool, specifically on profiles: easy to find information and like that the features are separated out (Notes, Feedback, etc.) - Integration with GCal and Gmail and Docusign - can have agencies submit into the tool - customizable feedback forms
Cons- hard to customize certain processes - can't customize access for all employees - some features are unclear without explanation; help text sometimes doesn't provide clarity for the functionality - difficult to build future pipelines or "project folders" for future sourcing - agencies can't track their candidates in the tool (agency portal) so we have to manually keep them updated - overall management of everyone's Lever access -- experienced many bugs in the backend and reoccurring issues
December 14, 2017
Jing Pei G.
Director of People & Organisation
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 20, 2017

“Top-notch ATS”

OverallI have ~10 years of recruiting experience, Lever is by far the best ATS in my opinion. The pipeline-centric product was very intuitive, came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the UI, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!
ProsThe product was very intuitive, and came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the pipeline design, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!
ConsI really don't have anything negative to say about Lever.
Recommendations to other buyersWe hope to see more advanced Slack and DocuSign integration (e.g. initials on each page of contract/ form field setting)
April 20, 2017
Magali L.
TA Operations Manager
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
July 20, 2018

“Great ATS, very efficient customer support, and simple/user friendly tool for recruiters & hiring managers”

OverallWhen we screened other ATS vendors, before making the choice to partner with Lever, we sensed that Lever was the best team & had the best product on the market. Now that we've been using Lever for more than 8 months, I am confident it was the best choice, and they've been exceeded our expectations so many times!
ProsUnlike other ATS that are cluttered / not logical, Lever is simple and makes sense! We've been using it for 8 months now, and our recruiters & hiring teams love it. From an admin point of view, I also value the great quality of the customer success team, and the implementation teams. They provide almost real-time support, are very efficient, and always friendly! Finally, the product is constantly evolving, and takes into account our own improvement requests, which feels like we're really partnerring with Lever.
ConsAlmost no access to reporting for recruiters, only 'admin' roles can access reporting, which had lead us to open the role "admin" to more people than what we initially wanted to. But the build-in reports are really useful. There can be some data inconsistencies when it comes to reporting. Some data don't stock memory of changes, which is a challenge when we want to look deeper into more advanced historical reports.
July 20, 2018
Jessie S.
People & Operations Lead
August 23, 2017

“The Recruitment Tool You Really Need”

OverallOverall, I think Lever's by far the best product on the market for those who are focusing on sourcing for good candidates for jobs. This tool is the most efficient one I've seen: I single-handedly ran 200 senior candidates through the tool via sourcing in my first month at work, from sourced to 2X hires. Saying that, the sales process could be better and they're a bit unnecessary when it comes to additional features. All in all, grit your teeth and just do it. It'll turn Recruitment into an organised, and very professional flow in a matter of days.
Pros- Time Efficient: LinkedIn extension, and the flow of the work means 1 person can manage 100s of candidates: and survive. - The Sourcing Dream: if you're sourcing candidates it's your best friend: it takes me 30 seconds to onboard a new lead - Customisable interview sheets: it's so easy to give feedback on a candidate once you get going. -,Wonderful Onboarding Support: once you've made the decision your onboarding support is impressive, professional, and great.
Cons - Price: it's not cheap, but the price does vary according to company size. It's worth it if you've hired anyone dedicated to recruitment. - Integrations: things like a Slack integration are unnecessarily pricey features. The same comes for the amount of integrations (not that many) as well as the price tag to do each one (something as necessary as a DocuSign integration costs serious cash). That limits you, and feels annoying. - Sales process: it's not the best sales experience. They aren't flexible on things like multi-year deals, or any way to help you line up the Product with your current budget. That makes no sense.
August 23, 2017
Djoly S.
HR Generalist/Recruiter
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
September 22, 2017

“I had implemented other ATS in the past and my experience with LEVER has been swift and interactive.”

OverallAs the lead HR person of this implementation - I found the transition and the different features of LEVER to be useful, up-to-date, and the thoughtful implementation project details that was being presented to me.
ProsUser friendly as both a user (testing the product) and a administrator ( migrating candidates from another ATS with good instructions) Did not experience any "system crash" during the transition - reliable system. Automation features have worked smoothly to ensure positive applicant experience and HR experience. Reporting ( data collection ) is easy to gather and serves the needs for presentation to our internal customers.
ConsIn addition to Google Chrome would like to see LEVER be able to optimize its performance using other platforms to for applicants who do prefer to use other search engines. From a presentation/ branding standpoint, prefer to have the logo appears in the resume received/thank you for applying emails to candidates. When migrating active candidates from the other ATS to LEVER, have to first saved the resume of each candidate before transferring them in groups to applicant@hire.lever.com Would be nice to click & print resume versus downloading the document prior to printing it when needed Under interview tag, the initials appeared next to the candidate name, belong to the owner of each job and not necessarily the last user who scheduled the interview. Have to flip down to the activity /transactions below the resume of the candidate to find out who is the scheduler of the interview.
September 22, 2017
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
November 12, 2018

“The best ATS I've found”

OverallHaving past experience from using Lever, I knew it was my go-to ATS when I started my own recruitment company. Although not originally intended for external recruitment agencies, I find it to be a useful tool for our work as well - as a result we might not use all the features (e.g. the agency platform), but for all intents and purposes it's the best tool I've found. Customer service has been great, the only downside being that as there's no local support in Europe, we usually have to wait until the next day to get a reply. Not a big issue, but worth noting anyway. If you want to customize the recruitment pipeline steps and archive reasons you can't do it yourself, so in that sense it's not the fastest tool to modify on the go. Still, it's a great tool overall!
Pros- Ease of use - Useful features - Customer service - Integrations and extensions
Cons- No local support in Europe --> takes a while to get replies to queries - Customization has to be done through Lever support, can't update the recruitment pipeline or archive reasons by yourself - The job ads created through Lever don't look very nice
November 12, 2018
Kate L.
Talent Lead
May 24, 2017

“You CANNOT find a better ATS”

OverallEVERYTHING about leading a talent function is easier with Lever.
ProsThe ability to easily implement and adopt this software was critical and a major reason we decided on Lever. Given company wide adoption was necessary for our new ATS, ensuring we found something that everyone from Talent to Engineering, and everything in between would be comfortable with was key. Lever makes it easy for everyone, at all different levels, to get value from the platform. Since adoption, the participation around recruitment activity such as referrals and interview feedback has dramatically increased.
ConsIt honestly becomes a bit difficult for me to think of a true "con" to this software. Anytime there has been an update or new feature that i thought wasn't the right way to go, I've been completely wrong. The Lever team listens to their customers, understands our needs, and delivers on it before we even have a chance to know it was something that needed to be fixed. If I REALLY had to think of something, it would be that I can't group my users by team in administrative settings. It would be great to search by team/group vs. name.
May 24, 2017
Shelby C.
July 24, 2018

“Smooth experience for hiring managers and interviewers.”

ProsThe best part about Lever is their front facing experience for Managers and Interviewers. The ability to review candidates, submit feedback, and schedule candidates is smooth for our internal / external stakeholders to use. Their support team is also very responsive and friendly on finding solutions.
ConsThe biggest pain point is the Lever Talent Intelligence (LTI) & Reporting functionality. While there is a lot of data, there is not an easy way to create and view reports using either in-app or LTI functions for our executive leaders to digest. There is a significant time commitment from our recruiting team to pull all the data into reports to show even basic KPIs in an easily digestible format for our executives and leaders. However, with that said, it is better than many other ATS platforms & their team is constantly working to improve thier products which is appreciated.
July 24, 2018
Ellen L.
hr adviser
Banking, 501-1000 employees
March 27, 2018

“Great platform to work comfortably with candidates, hiring managers and hr professionals alike”

ProsWe like the ease of use, logical and clean interface both for the candidates and internal professionals. We also are extremely happy with the ability to keep track and analyze our processes. As we are dispersed over 25 countries, Lever makes collecting data simple and straightforward. The scheduling function has been greeted with enthusiasm and we believe we have saved quite a lot of time through this functionality. Lever enables us to have a clear picture of the whole process starting with creating the requisition and ending with offer making - we can actually see our shortcomings and things we do well. Previously we were struggling with getting feedback on candidates from the interviewers and Lever has made it extremely easy to share it as it also reminds you of the need to do this. Customer support is helpful and quick and we feel all our thoughts or suggestions are taken seriously. We are also happy to see that our referral system continued to work in Lever and now the referrers can actually check the status of the referee - this is a great tool.
ConsWe can't customize everything! Or was it a good thing? Initially we had problems setting up user groups with correct access rights as we were not 100% sure of the exact rights (although these were described in Lever in detail), we gained the security through experiencing - that was the best option.
March 27, 2018
Ginni L.
Talent Acquisition Manager
October 30, 2017

“Increased agility and transparency. ”

ProsI love that it is so user friendly. My previous ATS was really clunky, and there seemed to be a variety of ways to do the same thing - therefore I was constantly worried about consistency and reliability of the reports I was running and the data I was using. Lever works seamlessly with Gmail, it allows me to reduce the admin time involved in the interview process through automation and in-built scheduling tools, and I really enjoy having the ability to empower my hiring managers by giving them access to all the information, stats (time to hire etc) they need, on demand, directly. Lever has given our recruitment process an additional level of transparency and accessibility that is invaluable. I also love Lever Nurture. I strongly believe that talent acquisition professionals should be effective marketers - and the ability to include and leverage my ATS as part of employer brand and EVP communications is brilliant. If I have any questions, customer service is always very helpful and quick to respond.
October 30, 2017
Teri O.
HR Generalist/Recruiter
September 13, 2017

“Would recommend the product! ”

Pros1. I love the customized pipeline. My pipeline has a lot of stages, built just for me and each morning I can see exactly which candidates are in Outreach Day 1, Outreach Day 2, etc. I can see, at a glance, which calls I need to make that day and on one screen I have everything I need - phone, email address, resume, my prescreen notes, etc. 2. Huge fan of adding tags to each candidate, I can see this down the road, as being a critical piece of contacting past candidates for the city/state I'm recruiting for. 3. Directly emailing candidates and managers from the ATS has been fantastic, I already have a gazillion templates established, and I use that feature on a daily basis. Love this feature! I also really appreciate the @mention feature in the Notes section to get my Hiring Manager's attention. 4. Integration, Integration, Integration! Have I mentioned the integration with the job boards? LOVE IT!
Cons1. Our forms are very formatted and structured, migrating our lengthy interview forms into the feedback function has taken some work and re-working. 2. The candidate is unable to "register" on our website to receive alerts when a position opens up that they are qualified for. 3. The calendar/scheduling function was geared around Google calendars, we are on Outlook, so we would like to see the visual training guides revised to be more inclusive.
September 13, 2017
Cami S.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2017

“I like Lever and look forward to proposed improvements”

OverallI like Lever in general, somewhat expensive, but good feature integration with email and calendars. Easy to use, though some functionality still suffers. Overall I'd say 3.5-4 stars out of 5. Especially considering I have never created an ATS and likely don't know what kind of effort is required to have some of these features corrected.
ProsUI is nice, scheduling, manager/candidate/recruiter communication platform, customization of stages and email templates. Candidate categorization ...it's a great platform for less technical roles and if you have all the questions, feedback forms, and email templates in place it works well. The feedback reminders can be a good thing, but like any good thing, too much of a good thing can become a bad thing.
ConsAdding feedback takes a few additional steps if not there, very manual process if the right feedback is not attached. Should be allowed to add feedback straight from that area, instead you have to click buttons or add a note.
August 8, 2017
Danny W.
Talent Acquisition Lead
April 25, 2017

“Lever took us to the next level”

OverallGreat product - have not regretted our move. We're hiring faster than ever, and the company seems much more aligned in hiring.
Pros- From the very beginning, Lever was high-touch and hands on with their implementation. This made what I thought would be the hardest part of the process very easy. - Great UI, very intuitive. Far easier to get hiring managers to use a product that operates so easily. - Built for collaboration. The product makes gathering feedback very simple and with customized feedback forms, it saves a lot of time--no longer are we chasing people around to get feedback. Candidates are much more satisfied. - Open to suggestions. We've had issues or requests with the product that Lever has been very receptive to. I love that we can look forward to a constantly improving product.
Cons- Reporting can be a bit limiting, but that comes with the territory when you have a product that is this easy and intuitive. - Scheduling through Google Calendars (as some competitors do) would be a really nice plus.
April 25, 2017
Vanessa S.
Director, Talent Acquisition
Philanthropy, 501-1000 employees
April 4, 2018

“Completely changed our experience ”

OverallOverall, I'm pleased that we made the transition.
ProsBoth the candidate experience exponentially improved and the hiring managers love being in the system and having access to potential hires. On the recruitment side : Lever is pretty intuitive. Functionality and features are similar to social media sites you're likely already using. The turn around time for implementation was pretty impressive given the nature of our organization's federated model. The team is helpful and accessible throughout implementation. Transitioning into support was bitter sweet but the team has been just as great. The system doesn't have everything we want but the Lever team does make a concerted effort to solution with us on other options or discussing whether it can be put on the road map.
ConsReporting could use some enhancements. We have multiple instances that we had created for our organization but there isn't a way that allows for insight into all of them from a macro perspective.
Derek K.
Head of Talent Acquisition
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
November 10, 2017

“Fool-proof navigation & great support team”

ProsNavigating Lever is extremely easy, you can work with their support team to customize how you break down your candidate pipeline so that hiring managers in the field who don't fully understand recruiting or the interview process, can easily jump in and still know where to go and what to do. Their Account Management and Support Teams are fantastic and extremely helpful! Their team truly cares about my company and wants us to grow and succeed. Additionally, they have been flexible with me on many different topics to make my experience better.
ConsThe reporting features need a bit of work, they get the job done, but you have to really dig in and experiment to fully understand how each report functions. It only pulls reports in lists of candidate info, would be nice if it gave me exportable hard numbers.
November 10, 2017
Sabrina D.
Recruiting Consultant
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
July 11, 2019

“Lever is the best ATS”

OverallOur hiring is much more streamlined; feedback and candidate resumes are centralized.
ProsLever is phenomenal! As an experienced Recruiter, I've used Lever, Greenhouse, and JazzHR, and Lever is by far my favorite! Lever can be implemented quickly and easily, and is a great price for the value. It's a very intuitive system and easy to use, thus ensuring 100% adoptability amongst employees and interviewers. The scheduling within Lever is easy, Feedback forms are straight forward, and the UI is sleek!
ConsLike all other ATSs on the market, in order to get reporting to give any useful information, all jobs have to have the same stages.
July 11, 2019
Alexander L.
Lever Admin and Lead Recruiter
May 20, 2018

“Clean Functionality, but Major Flaws”

ProsLever has made a great many clever, intelligent design choices. For example, color coding makes for a clean UI with clear calls to action, so that when a candidate needs to be scheduled for an interview, a big blue "schedule" button appears next to their name.
ConsOur company recently made a terrible discovery about some secret Lever functionality. It turns out that some our top executives have been somehow put on a secret "Suppressions List" which caused all of the messages being sent to them within Lever to be blocked. Many of these messages were time sensitive and mission critical. As a result of this "secret suppression", several top candidates bottlenecked at key points in the hiring process. After not receiving a response, many of them dropped out and extremely valuable talent was lost. So instead of accelerating our recruiting process, this suppression list functionality damaged our process. And the WORST part of all this is that Lever never once informed us about any of this. We discovered it ourselves. No one in our company was notified when our executives were added to this censor list No one in our company was ever informed that this could EVER happen No documentation or info was ever provided to us about this kind of "Suppressions List" functionality We still do not know how this Suppressions List is tracked or maintained This Suppressions List functionality is not covered in any of the Lever on boarding training with new clients This Suppressions List is not described anywhere in the Lever HELP documentation This Suppressions List is not accessible to our Lever Admins Why would any legitimate ATS company build such terrible gestapo like censorship into the bones of their product? We are still scratching our heads on this question, while we try to undo the damage that was caused
May 20, 2018
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 4, 2019

“The ATS with the Best User interface.”

OverallI have used three other ATSs in the past and Lever has the best User interface that is very easy to use and the customer support people were very prompt irrespective of the time difference.
ProsI loved the fact that I can it has an add-on available on chrome The add-on enables me to add candidates profile from LinkedIn from my sourcing stage and proceed them through the process once they apply. - I liked how the CV screening process was so seamless and effortless and the color used on the front end side is so warm to the eyes. - I can upload more than One Cv by simply sending an email with an attachment if the CVs I want to upload.
Cons- The scheduling feature was really hard to use even after syncing it up with my google calendar. - Interview scheduling e.g for 40 minutes at different times on the same day was really messy. - It's a challenge to create different scoring rubrics for roles that are very complex.
March 4, 2019
Joel B.
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
July 17, 2018

“Candidate Focused ”

OverallI've always felt Lever is willing to offer a very high level of support and are open to suggestions. They works through everything with you and are constantly updating the system and adding new features.
ProsExtremely easy to learn, maintain and configure from a UX standpoint. Even users with low systems experience can pick it up quickly. Candidate focused, everything you do is focused on the candidate experience and you interacting with them. This is an exciting move away from req focused ATS systems.
ConsReporting is not very customizable. Offer letter setup is tedious and difficult to make changes with ease.
July 17, 2018
David Y.
Program Manager
Education Management, Unspecified
April 14, 2017

“Game Changer for Our Organization”

OverallWe're mid-sized non-profit organization that entered a growth phase that required lots of hiring. Our system for tracking applicants was spread across multiple Google docs that worked when we were just starting out but quickly became inadequate to manage our growth needs. I'm so thankful to have found Lever. Their customer service is beyond anything I've experienced before. They took our google docs and imported it all into Lever's system, making the transition seamless. It quickly became apparent that more of our staff could get involved in the hiring process and it thankfully didn't require laborious training sessions. Staff simply logged on and figured it out - it's that easy. What's more, we started using Lever for our intern recruitment and hiring, something I hadn't even thought about when choosing Lever. It's utility has surpassed my expectations. I really don't like to give perfect scores when rating, but I struggle to think of a way that Lever could be improved. When I do, I'm sure I could give Lever that feedback and the improvement would be made. Thanks Lever! It reinforces that I made the right decision when my staff come to me and say Thanks goodness for Lever!
ProsIt's comprehensive in its functionality. Every need I have for managing the hiring process is met. Furthermore, its super easy to learn, which has mean that I haven't needed to train my staff on its use - a huge time save for me.
ConsThe only thing I would like is to be able to have a custom pipeline for each position for which I'm hiring.
April 14, 2017
Amanda S.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
September 28, 2018

“Best ATS I've used!”

OverallOverall, my experience on the internal side has been phenomenal and I'm so happy we chose to go with Lever. Highly recommend!
ProsLever is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, navigate, and update. As an internal recruiter who is still ramping, it's refreshing having a portal where you know what stage a candidate is in, where they came from (internal, referral, sourced, agency), what role they're interviewing for, and feedback from everyone involved. Also, the "reminder" buttons to nudge interviewers to submit feedback is helpful when you're trying to make decisions on multiple candidates and move through process efficiently.
ConsOne of the major flaws that we're hearing repeatedly is from our agency vendors, who cannot see or track any candidates they submit after they've been submitted. They have no way of knowing who they've already inputted or what their status is, much less gather feedback from our internal teams, without using another way to track it all (which defeats the purpose of an ATS from their side). We've voiced these issues with our Lever rep, who said they've been hearing this complaint often and are working to make changes in this area. Great to know that they actually listen and take feedback to heart.
September 28, 2018
Devon S.
Head of Talent & People
June 19, 2018

“Product and support are top notch!”

OverallI would highly recommend using Lever to any company that is growing and growing quick. It has been an absolute game changer for my recruitment team! The product's workflow and visuals make us process ninjas which allows us to provide our prospective and incoming talent with the absolute best experience!! I can count on my team to be organized with this tool and collaborate seamlessly with hiring managers throughout the org. I don't know where I would be without Lever and I have experience with other ATS tools.
ProsI would highly recommend using Lever to any company that is growing and growing quick. It has been an absolute game changer for my recruitment team! The product's workflow and visuals make us process ninjas which allows us to provide our prospective and incoming talent with the absolute best experience!! I can count on my team to be organized with this tool and collaborate seamlessly with hiring managers throughout the org. I don't know where I would be without Lever and I have experience with other ATS tools.
ConsThere isn't much that I don't like about the software. Any suggestions I have given to my implementation specialist were logged and submitted to the product team. This makes me confident that the software is constantly approving and adjusting to the needs of their clients.
June 19, 2018
Hermina K.
Director, Global Talent Acquisition
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 30, 2018

“The best decision we made for our Talent Acquisition team!”

OverallIt was and has been a world class experience from the moment, I first spoke to the Lever team, to the demo stage, through the final review and negotiation stage to implementation. The sales team was excellent and very flexible in speaking with our internal teams before we decided to purchase the product. Their knowledge, flexibility and patience was amazing. Once we purchased Lever, we were assigned a Customer Success Manager. He knew the product well and was an awesome implementation resource for our team at VC. He was an excellent project manager and kept the entire team on track with our tasks and timelines. It was truly a seamless implementation with him as our lead and my internal partners who worked tirelessly with him to migrate from our old ATS to Lever. I highly recommend Lever to any company that is looking to partner closely with their teams to attract and source top talent for their organizations.
Prosease of use, transparency, easier to collaborate, open communication, intuitive, fluid, ideal for a global company, partnership with Linkedin, Nurture program, shortens the time for applicants, open API,
Consvery recruitment specific and needs more flexibility on the headcount and budget piece for companies that work closely with their finance teams, needs more flexibility around approvers for reqs, there should be a Lever app for mobile and would be nice to be able to just to click through resumes to review
May 30, 2018
Jeffrey H.
Manager Talent Acquisition
October 19, 2017

“Lever is a perfect blend of ATS with CRM features that is robust and user friendly. Love it!”

ProsWhen we sought to replace our outdated, clunky ATS with something more modern, because of the nature of our business and related recruiting challenges, the product we selected would have to be user friendly, intuitive, relational and possess strike-zone reporting capabilities. Upon doing plenty of research on competing products, Lever emerged as the clear favorite. The CRM features are terrific for pipeline building, the tool is so easy to learn and use, and the information available through reporting provides the unique analytics that are critical to creating a more efficient talent acquisition process. It's almost as if Lever was created just for companies our size, with our unique culture, vision and values.
ConsThe one feature I would like to see change is to have the ability for multiple interviewers to leave feedback on a single feedback form.
Ryan G.
Head of Talent Acquisition
201-500 employees
June 22, 2018

“Very easy to work with the team and to implement. I had it transitioned within 30 days.”

ProsI like the candidate-centric focus. It is very easy for me to see into my team's pipeline. The integrations are helpful to automate our hiring and onboarding. The customer support has been excellent. My questions are answered quickly and correctly Easybook is a great feature to simplify scheduling The reports are easy to generate and manipulate
ConsI would like it to be easier to get data out on a month over month basis. I would like to add color/themes to the UI to make it more visually exciting.
June 22, 2018
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
October 20, 2017

“I had an incredibly smooth and well-supported implementation. ”

OverallEase of full cycle recruiting and ensuring a uniform candidate experience. They really take their customer feedback and actively develop the platform.
ProsWe wanted something that could be implemented quickly and easily, it was also important that the cost made sense for the value of our rapidly growing team. We needed a platform to help us connect all of our job boards and postings for a unified candidate experience. Lever has provided all of this! The platform is intuitive and the Customer Support team is always ready and willing to help make the platform the most efficient for our team's use. This has been a great tool for our team and even better for our hiring managers who are loving the new system.
October 20, 2017
Alyssa A.
HR Systems Analyst
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
October 2, 2017

“Lever is good with the potential to be great”

OverallI believe that Lever is constantly working on improvements and we see that they are committed to excellent service. I also got some insight to the company and know that their workers have fun and trust that their leaders are taking the company where it needs to go. So I in turn trust that they are going to keep working to make their product better, keep up with changing tech & strive to meet the developing needs of their customers.
ProsWe recently went live with the product and so far our recruiters like it and our hiring managers are giving us good feedback too. It truly is intuitive and user-friendly, and does not bog our staff down with an abundance of options or layers. We're tying up loose ends, but we feel confident that Lever is going to help us significantly with structured interviewing as well as keeping our processes consistent across the globe.
ConsThe only drawback is that the product is immature so some of the components are not completely fleshed out. For example, they are still working on integrations with 2 products that are critical to our operations: O365 and Workday. And we cannot complete the offer process through the system either as applicant information does not flow to it and negotiation with the candidate is not possible at this time.
October 2, 2017
Cat M.
Computer Software, Unspecified
April 6, 2016

“Lever is #crushingit”

ProsAs a former user of Jobvite and most recently ICIMS. My outlook on ATSs before was that they all were the lesser of evils. Most solutions solve a few pain points but leaves you wanting so much more. From Day 1 Lever has changed that POV for me. The UI is so intuitive. Wherever your brain thinks that a button should be or the next step in a process should be, it is there. The ramp up time for comfortably navigating the product was minimal. This has been great for our recruiting team and even better for our hiring mgrs who are loving working in the new system. It really helps to create a single information hub for all of our hiring. It has the features I have always wanted from an ATS but never found in 1 solution. Deep reporting that is already built out, customization of templates, integration with LinkedIn to name a few. The Lever team is great about keeping us update on changes coming and listening to our input on features when it comes to product road map.
ConsTheir built in reporting is great but it would be great to be able to visualize this information within the platform. Right now you can export data and further visualize beyond just data tables in excel. If there was a future integration with a platform like Tableau, that could offer so really beautiful ways to look at data in a different form than tables.
Recommendations to other buyersThe best ATS solution is all about understanding what your goals are as a recruiting org. If in-depth reporting, a super intuitive and easy to interact with system for recruiters and hiring mgrs, reasonable pricing & super responsive and personable support are on your list. This is the ATS for you.
April 6, 2016
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
October 11, 2018

“HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL; PROVIDES WHAT IT ADVERTISED”

ProsLever provided us with simple solutions to our problems. Candidate tracking and assessment are indeed easier with Lever. It manages resumes and applications sent. It can also schedule interviews and inform the interviewee through email. It does simple tasks but it works. Lever allowed our team to ease the choosing and categorizing process of applicants. It showed us better choices and the management of possible skills we need for our company. It gave us in-depth chances to filter out the applicant our company needs more.
ConsLever needs to provide new features and update their current ones. The features need more efficiency and polishing. It seems like Lever needs a more thorough filtering process and filtering options. Our team picks our top 10 applicants from Lever and it would be better if we are really choosing the best.
October 11, 2018
Mikell T.
Senior Director - Program Management
Industrial Automation, Unspecified
October 19, 2017

“Straightforward to use, super helpful support”

ProsWe implemented Lever at our six-person robotics startup with no dedicated HR staff. The interface has been easy to use and we were up and running very quickly - the only real challenge for us is knowing what we want to do with it; once we have a goal in mind, it's usually very easy to figure out. Lever's support services are excellent - our account rep has done some very helpful training for us and has been incredibly responsive when we've had questions - and the online resources have been great reference material as we bring new people on board and get them using it as well.
ConsIt'd be great if it supported some features linked to suggestions about increasing the diversity of your pipeline (for example, being able to hide name/gender and ethnicity-identifying info before the resume is widely reviewed). Would also be nice if it was possible to promote the automatically published LinkedIn jobs, rather than having to post them manually (though I imagine this is as much LinkedIn as it is Lever). I'd also love a feature to prioritize people in the interview queue so that the person doing all the interview scheduling can work accordingly.
David K.
Senior Resourcing Manager
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2018

“Most intuitive and easiest ATS I have come across”

OverallOverall I had a very positive experience during the implementation. I worked with Phil Golding who was always professional and knowledgeable although at times as a client we had some unusual requests which even I who has implemented a few of these in corporate entities, were not expecting from stakeholders.
ProsThe simplicity and logic behind the tool is great as that is exactly what a hiring process should be, simple! The automation of the tool as well makes the process and experience for both the candidate and the hiring community nice and simple.
ConsWhen implementing there were some limitations to the code to take the bespoke nature further with our careers site. Although I understand the protection and the team do work closely with the client during an implementation, it would always be helpful to allow more bespoke approaches.
August 16, 2018
Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1000 employees
August 15, 2018

“Lever - Arrive Logistics' ATS”

OverallAs we have scaled our hiring, Lever has scaled with us. We can successfully manage 50+ different positions, with different interview structures and employee involvment.
ProsIt integrates seamlessly with Gmail and Google calendar, which enables us to successfully schedule interviews and request feedback across the organization.
ConsThe search functionality is not always easy. There is a lot of human error involved in tagging candidates and appropriately updating their profiles to ensure we can find them later as needed.
August 15, 2018
Simone H.
Recruiting Manager
501-1000 employees
April 16, 2018

“Jam City has used lever for about a year and we've found it extremely helpful in streamlining our recruiting process. ”

OverallLever's been great, and the support team is always super helpful! Thank you!
Pros- Easy to organize - Easy to use - Functional - Easy to correspond with candidates, but also easy to communicate with manager in the tool
Cons- Wish reporting focused on the reqs vs. the postings. It makes it very inaccurate for us and a lot of extra legwork on our side to determine our recruiters numbers / time to fills / actual openings /etc. - It's annoying to send offer letters in lever. So easy if EVERYTHING aligns, however, recruiting is so dynamic start dates are constantly changing, salary negotiations, sign by dates change - this becomes bulky and we have to re-submit the whole offer (since our executive team approves - this has lead to some confusion and we start to operate outside of lever, which I don't like)
April 16, 2018