Granular Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.6/5

About Granular

Granular is farm management software that makes it easier to run a more profitable farm. Granular helps farmers break free from spreadsheets and get the analytics they need anytime, anywhere. Through Granular's scheduling and collaboration tools, teams can get more done, with less. Learn more about Granular

Brant D.
Owner/Partner
July 11, 2017

“Great product with a great team behind the product. Great Capability!”

OverallGranular has allowed me to have real time cost of production on my farm. This allows me to make better and smarter decisions that are backed with numbers and good information. The ability to generate different reports efficiently has saved me countless hours spent before modifying and adapting the info for the same information.
ProsGranular is allowing me to meet and exceed my management goals. Finally, I have numbers and information helping me to make management decisions. I'm very impressed with the ability to run reports and adapt the report to different situations very easily. The customer service has been excellent. They're very knowledgeable about the product, and really go out of there way to make sure you're satisfied with the product. I was very impressed with there willingness to help implement the product on my farm and the onsite farm visit was very helpful. I'm also very impressed with Granulars' willingness to take ideas of how they can improve the product or adapt it to fit my needs and wants. I've personally spoke with lead engineers with ideas and have seen some of my ideas come into fruition.
ConsThe mobile app has been the least impressive to me. Too many steps. However, once again I voiced my concerns, and Granular has released updates to continue to improve the app. and with the changes and updates that are coming, I have full confidence that the app will be just as great as the product.
Garrett W.
Farmer - CFO
July 11, 2017

“Granular is the premier provider of software allowing farmers to track everyday tasks in the field.”

ProsAs an organic grain (corn, soybeans, and small grains) producer, raising corn and soybeans on over 5,000 acres we are in and out of fields almost 20 times on each individual tract. The ability to track our operations on a daily, hourly, and by-the-minute basis is very beneficial. Granular helps me with this every day. By tracking my activity I am able to gather data to accurately bill out our various farming entities and landlords. It also allows me to reconcile my budgets on a daily basis. To me, Granular is a way to gather data that can be used at a later time. Data is key in our operation.
ConsIt has more capabilities than I even know what to do with. One factor that Granular prides itself on is its financial capabilities. My particular operation doesn't use this, but I know it's available.
Kristjan H.
Managing Partner
July 23, 2017

“Visionary platform, great service, changing quickly.”

OverallEfficiency of tracking input usage info, inventory management, live costing per field - division and farm Work order organization
ProsVision of management Work orders Live costing my field Contract tracking Inventory tracking Grain ticket entering by trucks Input benchmarking Inventory valuation Profit analyzer by field
ConsAs anything implementation takes team buy in. Most farms used to excel and paper so have to have management and team member dedication to convert
July 23, 2017
Shawn F.
November 6, 2017

“Very good, awesome support”

OverallMore insight about detailed financials that are tied to each farm
ProsIt's ability to give real time information about what's happening in the operation. Allows me to see inventories of grains and the financials that accompanies that inventory.
ConsTakes a lot of time to train employees how to use the app. Seems like the mobile app has a few glitches that make data integrity very difficult.
November 6, 2017
Jeana H.
CFO
Farming, Unspecified
July 6, 2016

“Granular Review 2016”

OverallThe Granular Team has been so good about helping us get set up and then helping with questions. They also listen to our feedback and implement changes in the software that continue to help our business.
ProsIts very easy to use and accessible from any computer. Also, like the app on the phones for the guys to input data in the field.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat software for bring a lot of your farm data together in one spot.
July 6, 2016
Kris T.
June 28, 2016

“Best ERP system for production ag ”

OverallCurrently in third year of use. Granular's team is very much a partner in that they solicit feedback and involve the customer in the continued development/improvement of the system. We view the Granular team and software as an integral part of our operation to provide the data we need to make more timely and improved management decisions.
ProsEase of use Customer Support Development Team's knowledge and innovation
ConsCost
June 28, 2016
Clay M.
Farmer
July 25, 2017

“Beautiful UI, strong analytics, excellent organization ”

OverallIt is the enterprise software upon which I run my whole operation
ProsThe customer support has been extraordinary. ERP systems take a big commitment so very useful to have that kind of support.
ConsWhile I farm in the US I consult to farmers in other countries. This software isn't available in many of those countries yet.
July 25, 2017
Kyle M.
Agronomy Manager
July 27, 2017

“Intuitive and easy to use farm management software with great customer support.”

Pros-Easy to use and navigate. -Logs and details everything out that happens on the farm. -Easy input tracking. -Great customer support. -Modular and versatile farm management software. -Detailed profit analyzer. -Input and land cost benchmarking. -Cloud based
Cons-Needs more integrations with other software/agtech. -Price is a bit on the high side. -The mobile app does use a lot of battery.
July 27, 2017
Brian S.
Partner
July 29, 2017

“We have had a great first year. Excellent support on start-up ”

OverallOur farm honestly does not have any cons with the program at this time. They have worked hard at adding features to the program that are specialized for potato crops and multiple locations.
ProsThe software is easy to use and we can keep all of our field and application records in one place. The support we get from Granular is tremendous. The mobile app is a great tool for field entries. The ability to put actual costs to activities is an important and useful feature that this software brings to your figure tips.
July 29, 2017
Wade M.
Farmer
June 15, 2016

“Granular customer experience”

OverallWhen I started using this software I was completely lost. It took some time for the employees to understand that they needed to respond to the work orders as they were being executed. The customer support is the best I have ever received on a software product and it wasn't long before everything was clicking.
ProsIt provides the functionality to manage our farm and provides the overview of the operation real time for making decisions.
ConsIt is only as good as the information put in to it. If you enter bad information you get bad results.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up with it real time.
June 15, 2016
Consumer Services, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“My farm runs better now”

ProsHere's the thing, I love the fact that this software helps me run my farm. I mean, I'm a farmer so I need something to help!
ConsI can't really get around how to use it, it could just be the fact that there's a learning curve - it would be really nice to get some training on this!
March 13, 2018
Brice E.
Operations and innovations Manager
Food Production, 11-50 employees
July 11, 2017

“Easy to use management tool with good and well outlined interface. ”

OverallA simplified tracker of work and cost from various suppliers and entities that work within our system.
ProsOverall, the management system within the software is similar to most business and project management software. The product is very well designed that it simplifies the system that people of various levels of application and software knowledge can navigate and use the product.
ConsAs of the moment the only issues that I've faced using the software is some bugs here and there, other than a few down times, it's been overall really useful.
Anne B.
July 19, 2017

“Still getting used to Granular and working on how to best utilize it to meet our needs.”

ProsIt updates quickly after input, fairly user friendly, I can see the potential/benefit of using the software once we have our kinks worked out as far as how to make it work best for our farm.
ConsI wish we could have the ability to choose how the inputs are sorted (ex. by date). I wish you could create new inputs from the input transfer drop down rather than having to close out and go into the add input drop down as it would be a time saver.
July 19, 2017
Jason S.
November 7, 2017

“Great on-boarding process, they are attentive to our needs, and have made getting started easy”

Prosthe ability to have all of our farm's data in one spot, eliminating silos of data. I also like the ability to drill down through data and see what is truly happening, and the ability to monitor task progress has been helpful
Consthe disconnect between Granular and my accounting software looks like it might be our biggest challenge at this point
November 7, 2017
Mark G.
June 20, 2016

“Happy with Granular”

OverallI would struggle with keeping all our farms records straight and Granular keeps all inputs, costs, and applications of inputs in one, easy to access place.
ProsI like to be able to track when things were done and be able to see when tasks are completed by others in my organization, on my smart phone app.
ConsN/A
Recommendations to other buyersGranular can replace many different tracking and accounting programs and it's easy to access.
June 20, 2016
Josh G.
manager
June 16, 2016

“better management”

OverallSimplifies everyday tasks in our business. We are able to look at our spending on an acre basis. We are able to determine areas we can improve efficiency
ProsSimplicity