Timely Ratings

Overall

About Timely

Timely salon software runs your whole business from anywhere. Easily manage your calendar, clients, staff, stock, reporting & more! Create the perfect client experience with online bookings, point of sale, and automatic SMS or email reminders. We offer fast, friendly phone support if you have any questions. Best of all there are no contracts, sign up costs or cancellation fees. Trial Timely free for 14 days! No credit card details required. Learn more about Timely

Susan F.
February 4, 2018

“This is the closest to perfect I have found in scheduling software for hair salons.”

ProsThe absolute best part of this software, that sooooo many companies are missing, is the ability to set up your appointments for double-booking/power-booking/piggy-back appointments. Whatever you want to label the method of scheduling, it is a method that almost every single successful hair stylist uses so we can take an appointment during the time that hair color is processing. These guys also make it very relaxing if you plan to have more service providers in the future. You will not need to calculate a higher rate when the big day comes. That one is also a rare and beautiful gem in the world of salon software! The online booking widget and mini-website are customizable, look sharp and they optimized for mobile websites. It even works with WIX!They also have email campaigns, reminders via email and SMS/ text messages. You can decide at what time intervals your messages go out. This is super handy if you tend to goof up when rescheduling a client. The default is set for 10 minutes and I think it's perfect. If you accidentally put someone down 15 minutes later than intended and move it when you realize 3-4 minutes later, your customer will only get one notification. The correct one. Very cool!
ConsThere isn't anything that I "dislike" about the software. There are a couple of things that should be implemented that are a bit mind-boggling as to why they are not already. Such as tips... That is probably the most annoying thing I have found. You have to create a product named "Tip" and add it every time that your customer tips you, which is every single sale. It's not a huge problem when you are checking the customer out. The headache comes later when you are doing your accounting and you have to do separate calculations, rather than just sending it straight over to your accountant. The last booger is that the texts/SMS are not included in the plan price. You must purchase them separately. However, this could be a "pro" for those that don't want to use the SMS feature. Surely the price would be higher if they were included.
February 4, 2018
Pos B.
Consumer Services, Self-employed
November 30, 2017

“Changed from MINDBODY to TIMELY”

OverallDaily salon life is just easier with TIMELY. TIMELY does everything the larger brands do but at a tenth of the price. Daily, monthly and yearly salon management is a breeze with TIMELY. Clients love the ease of online booking. No need to download buggy apps. Clients are loving the reminder sms. I was a long term MINDBODY user and can't believe I stayed so long using an over priced buggy system because I just didn't know TIMELY existed. Best business decision I've made in the last 5 years is making the change to TIMELY.
ProsAfter the most recent price hike from MINDBODY I had no choice but to search an alternative. It appeared as if no-one on the market had it all until I found TIMELY. I was going on holiday and had 10 days to have the change over taken care of. The TIMELY team did a flawless transition. Smooth, simple, effective changeover. The follow-up support has been spectacular. I was happy with MINDBODY to a degree but now I'm using TIMELY I understand just what I was missing out on. The timely team do everything to make the implementation of their product as hassle free as possible. You always get to email the same support person who is completely familiar with your situation. I have integrated the software into my website and my clients are loving it. The feedback at this stage is 100% in favour of TIMELY. I don't have a computer in the salon and am able to do everything from my Android phone without having to download some buggy app. Client management and reporting is a breeze and has so many ways of breaking down your business's progress. The integration of MailChimp, POS and taxation programs make it a spectacular platform for promotions, financial management and my accountant loves how easy it makes my monthly closeout. Interested to see what TIMELY build into the system in the future!
ConsOnly available in English. Not all pages are phone screen optimised. No telephone contact available with tech support.... Sometime emails just suck!
November 30, 2017
Ben F.
June 22, 2016

“Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!”

OverallWe used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.
ProsEase of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.
ConsThe IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.
Recommendations to other buyersFocus more on the mobile app, we manage probably 95% go our scheduling on the go and having the simplicity go automatic logon and almost immediate scheduling is invaluable, however, we want to be able to access lots more functionality through the app. I understand Timely is predominantly aimed at the hair market however, its functionality can be tailored to suit a number of industries many of which aren't located in an office, so providing greater functionality though the mobile app would create a much wider appeal.
Jason H.
Owner technical support (husband)
April 8, 2015

“Simply brilliant!”

OverallWhere to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short! We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were simple - to have an affordable appointment booking system that all our salons could access simultaneously and include shared treatment list, product list and client list. No more VPN's, Remote Access or screen sharing. Timely met our needs, then mesmerised us with its myriad of features and ease of use. It cannot be emphasise enough just how easy Timely is to use. Our employees only get a half hour introduction to Timely and can be totally familiar with 80% of its features by the end of the day having used it for real. It's easy to find out what Timely can do so the main points will be about what it did for us. We use all the Timely features ' every one of them is useful and will enhance how you manage your business and how you interact with your clients. In real-world terms what Timely gave us was a single unified system utilised by all our salons. Changes to our prices were immediate and everywhere, client's details and history shared between all salons and bookings for one salon can be taken and entered by another salon - or by any employee from anywhere with internet access. As with any system it's not without flaws. The difference with Timely though is twofold: a) They listen to their customers and react swiftly to fix bugs and implement new features, and b) The changes are immediate without the need to install anything. We no longer need to worry about updates or installing software, and because it's `in the cloud' computer hardware or backing up data is no longer a concern ' all I need is a browser. This is the first time we have felt confident that our appointments and client data are secure and backed-up all the time. It would be devastating and catastrophic to lose all that information. After nearly 18 months using Timely we've had 100% access to the system and consistently fast page responses. There was no noticeable drop in performance even after switching to mobile data and the amount used would easily fit within a 1GB monthly plan. I really could just go on and on and on''.

By Timely on April 9, 2015
Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)
April 8, 2015
Gordon R.
Self-employed
April 22, 2017

“not there yet guys!”

OverallI've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system, I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all the team have tried to solve the issue! the answer was simple I would have expected all the Timely peeps would have solved that one! & by the way, the problem was not a Timely one but you did not go that wee bit further to help me so after a few weeks, i went searching for another system found & set more tried them both (and a few others. very good on par with Timely but found a different program and I am now very happy. As a mobile service provider, when I receive a phone call within 60 seconds I need to key in my clients details & book their job, the map thing, is also a must I don't need to be typing in addresses into google maps, a lot of the time my Timely invoices were not syncing with xero, so i switched to a competitor and gave the log in details to my book keeper and happy days, i can now send automated requests for reviews with using a outside system, i can tag my clients and search them this allows me to send reminders vouchers discounts easier than the Timely set up. The overall cost for me does not matter all of the systems are within coooeee of each other so thats not an issue. thanks Timely peeps
Proseasy to set up and use
Conslacks functionality
Recommendations to other buyersspeak to mobile service providers not everyone has a gym, doctors etc
April 22, 2017
Lauren I.
April 9, 2015

“Streamlined our business and saves time!”

OverallWe implemented Timely into our company just over a year ago. We switched from WorkEtc, as we wanted not only to support local business, but also needed a system that would allow online booking for clients, and send text and email reminders to our clients. Timely is around $20 cheaper per month for the subscription, and the text reminders are extremely cost effective. As the text is automated, clients are less likely to reschedule because they have to pick up the phone to do so, rather than just texting a person back. Our 'no-show' rate has dropped to about 1% (from 5-10%). We run a photography studio, so Timely wasn't exactly built for our style of business (multiple locations on certain days with certain staff), but a few phone calls with the help desk, and a few hours of playing around with the system, we worked out how to make Timely work for us. I wish we had switched sooner! The ability for clients to book online is INVALUABLE. I know I always remember to book things at 11pm at night when i'm lying in bed, and i know our clients do too! No more emailing dates and times back and forth, clients saying 'let me check with my partner' and by the time they email back, the time is no longer available and we are back at square one. We also have comments from clients who say how convenient it is that we have online booking, it makes look efficient and professional which is great for business. The only con (which turned into a Pro) is that we had to integrate MailChimp into our business, as WorkEtc had a mail service inside it, however the Timely Team were extremely helpful in helping us set our tags on our current database, and help us import our database, so there was a smooth transition from one system to Timely. (Which is saying something, have you ever tried switching internet providers? Awful!) I feel we also get a better response, as the MailChimp emails are much more attractive, and the trackability of the emails was extremely helpful. Thanks Timely for saving us time and money, you are definitely a bill that i enjoy paying, and you earn every last cent! PS - If you are thinking of using Timely, but think you don't have time to change systems, you don't have time NOT to change. Seriously, once you see how much time you save, and how many more bookings you'll get without even having to speak to anyone, you'll be like us, wondering why you didn't change sooner.

By Timely on April 9, 2015
Hi Lauren! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your thorough review and love having you in the Timely family :-)
April 9, 2015
Sarah P.
Homeopath
September 25, 2017

“I've been using Timely for almost a year now and it has made a huge difference to my business.”

OverallIt has given my small business a much more professional image and allowed for me to easily take payment by credit card. The invoicing system has helped with record keeping as well as being professional. Reporting tools are also really useful. Has helped to make it easier for new clients to get in touch with me and made making an appointment with me so much easier. It also saves me time.
ProsIt has made life so much easier for me and my clients and has helped to give my business a much more professional feel. It's very easy and logical to use and to amend and add to. The linked invoice system is excellent and again helps a small business to give a professional feel. It has also easily allowed me to add in extras like package deals and to invoice for products that I sell. The help is good too - there are lots of help documents available along with videos which often answer my question. When they don't, I've found the customer help very responsive. Sometimes they get back to me within an hour or two, sometimes it will be the next working day. Having the option to 'talk' to a human is reassuring. I very much recommend Timely to other small businesses, and whenever I struggle to make an appointment for myself with someone that doesn't have an online booking system I am always grateful that I followed a recommendation to give Timely a go!
ConsThere's not much I don't like. I've had some issue with the appointment confirmations and reminders going straight to junk folders instead of inboxes which is a bit of a pain. If I've booked in a new client myself, and then the next appointment they do it, I end up with two client profiles which is also a bit of a pain. However there is a 'merge client' option which deals with this quite easily.
September 25, 2017
Mark R.
August 30, 2016

“Great System”

OverallUsign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.
ProsTimely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.
ConsAs yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar. As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat software - makes my life so much easier - love the business information features that help me to understand my business better. Thanks guys.
August 30, 2016
Adrian g.
July 6, 2016

“Intuitive cloud based software that's easy to use and goes with your business. ”

OverallI saw a successful barbershop that I wanted to model my business on. From there I wanted to know what booking software they were using because it was on an iPad. Without any software training, a trial period and my scissors in my hands it gave me the perfect edge (pun intended).
ProsAutomatically sending out reminders via email and text makes me more profitable with less downtime. Online booking is like having someone book all your appointments for you, except without the cost. And considering 10-12 years ago hairdresser computer/software packages could cost you up to $12000 in upfront costs, Timely has a price I couldn't refuse.
ConsThe only thing I could think of would be to have a 'Next in line' or waiting list cue via the software to make it easier then writing them down manually and then booking them in. I think the Check out transaction area could be tweaked a little. When processing a sale it defaults to 'On Account' which is one extra click that I with I didn't have to do. If it was defaulted to Credit Card it would save the extra click on 70% of my transactions. Doesn't sound like much but it all helps.
Recommendations to other buyersAll in all, so far they're excellent, I highly recommend them, not only in my industry but almost anything else that runs an appointment schedule.
July 6, 2016
Alana E.
Owner/ Registered Massage Therapist
May 29, 2017

“Easy to use, great customer support!”

OverallWithout Timely, I couldn't have expanded my business as much as I have. It brings a new level of organization to us that has allowed us to add more services, practitioners, and booking options. It's so nice for my practitioners to be able to log in and see their schedule ahead of time to be able to plan their day. It also makes it much easier for me to schedule our support staff when I can see the full schedule in one place and see when I need the extra help. The online booking feature has noticeably increased business and has also led to regular clients booking more frequently. I'm very grateful for this software and everything it allows us to do!
ProsTimely has streamlined so many aspects of my business, I can't imagine life without it! It's straightforward to use, and presents important information in a way that's super easy to understand.
ConsJust little things. I wish I could select which users want email notifications when someone books with them without everyone having to receive emails. Little things like that, but I know it's a still a relatively new product and I've been impressed with how diligent Timely is with updating and improving.
May 29, 2017
Nicole Y.

“Easy and efficient”

OverallMy best friend told me about Timely and how it was perfect for her business and urged me to give it a go. I was hesitant at first but after seeing that I could try it for free for a month, I thought sure why not! I loved it instantly. So easy to use and it does everything I need it to do on the desktop version. I have synced Mailchimp and Paypal. So every time I get a new client it automatically updates them to Mailchimp. I take all payments through Paypal. It instantly creates buttons and links for all of my workshops to promote and book. Its great! The functionality of it is so simple. However, I am waiting for them to update the app so it has more functions on the phone! I travel with my work and use my phone while I am on the go. Once that's done it will meet all of the requirements. If you work from a desktop computer and have a service based business, I definitely encourage you to give it a go!
ProsHow easy it is to use, the syncing of other programs and the cost.
ConsIt doesn't have all of the features on the iPhone App version. I travel for work and don't carry my MacBook with me. I always carry my iPhone and use that for seeing and rebooking my clients.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease update the app to contain the functions of the desktop version!
Amber L.
June 12, 2016

“Your Clients Will Love This Software!”

OverallI started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along with after adding all of my staff to the booking system they also said they had an easy experience with learning Timely. Our clients whether they are just coming in for there appointments with us or just leaving, we are consistently getting compliments on how easy it was to book there appointments with us online. When our clients are happy we're happy, so thank you Timely for making my job easier.
ProsHow easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.
ConsWe would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.
Recommendations to other buyersWe would love it if you did payroll! Also in setting allowing each individual staff able to set there own times for there services.
June 12, 2016
Matthew R.
Business Development
September 10, 2016

“A software that truly streamlines business operations”

OverallWe are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.
ProsThe simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.
ConsIf there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously.
September 10, 2016
Michael C.
April 29, 2016

“Delivers brilliantly for this driving school”

OverallBeen working with Timely for nearly a year. From startup. I was looking for a software partner that would place me quickly in the market, and out in front of the competition. Timely has delivered all the way. I love the way that Timely automates customer bookings. Customers from my website or Facebook page can schedule a time that suits them and their favourite trainer, All I have to do is make sure the vehicles are not double-booked. SMS and emails flow to and from my customers automatically, and to staff, keeping us all informed of bookings. I love the way that I was able to code my website with Timely links, managing the promotion of services. I love the way that Timely works happy with eWAY. Customers can pay online, be sent invoices later - and when they do it shows up clearly in Timely. I love waking up in the morning and seeing a new booking from a new customer, already paid, showing on my Timely calendar. I love the way that Timely seamlessly connects with Xero. Same invoice number in both systems. Proper accounting rules govern the way they interact. When I discovered an error in the way GST was being processed between the two, it was the Timely crew that responded to my call for "help" with a solution. There's always room for improvement, but we're told the Timely techbots are probably working on them. They regularly release new ideas (gift vouchers, last Christmas; credit notes, last month). They tell me (email received while writing this review) that they're working on adding "Resources" to the scheduling, which might eliminate my double-booked vehicles. They regularly ask for feedback, and ask us to vote on the importance of particular improvements (works-in-progress). They respond to issues quickly. Hard to ask for more. And I am thankful for their price structure. The value of Timely to my business is far greater than I could afford (as a small business startup). I would find it very difficult to live without Timely, and wish them (and you) every success in the future. Hope you found my review helpful in making your decision. Drop me a line sometime.
April 29, 2016
Kelly C.
Business Owner
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“Timely, its almost Perfect ”

OverallSeveral online booking payment acceptance POS to some degree
ProsThis is a great software for anyone taking bookings & running a business. It is super easy to use, the customer support is very good. The price point is in line with the services it DOES offer. Online booking with a system that allows you full control on how to run your business & accept payment online. There are very few comparisons to what this software offers.
ConsI am sad that they still do not have a built in loyalty program, its really the only thing its missing for my needs. I have been hoping for the last 3 years they would get one but nothing as of yet. They have made strides in many other areas, this would be such a bonus for me if they would implement that.
August 1, 2018
Peter W.
Web Developer
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Organize your diary with ease!”

ProsVery easy to use and train new users on. Intuitive dashboard and very clear user interface. Timely has been optimized very well for mobile use, enabling us and our users to use this out-and-about. The customization options of the widget and mini-site are great, and work well with lots of our systems. The ability to send communications via SMS is very helpful, though not clear when initially purchased.
ConsThe lack of language support really isn't great, especially at an organization with lots of international users (non-English speaking). It wasn't particularly clear when we first purchased Timely that the ability to send SMS's wasn't part of the original plan, and had to purchase separately.
November 27, 2018
Oliver G.
October 30, 2016

“Timely is Likely What You're Looking For”

OverallI've been using Timely for about a year now and I've been very satisfied with what it offers for the (absolutely reasonable) amount of money that I pay each month. What I like most about Timely is its ease of use coupled with clean and beautiful design. The team behind the app has obviously gone to great lengths to make sure the UI is top notch. For the market Timely goes after I can't name any flaws. The only word of caution is to make sure you don't need something with more features. For the price, Timely does have a ton of features but depending on the complexity of your business it may not be enough. Let's compare Timely with the equally well designed Front Desk. Here are some things that it has which Timely doesn't: - Courses/workshops - Wait list management with auto enrolling - Deeper/more detailed Mailchimp integration - Client self check-in iPad app - Staff Payroll - Deep client/staff notification customization The other side of the coin is that Front Desk starts at $129 USD per month where Timely starts at $15 USD per month. It really all depends on the kind of features that you're looking for.
October 30, 2016
Vanessa W.
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2016

“Why isn't everyone doing this?!?!?”

OverallTheir customer support is amazing, which I have only had to use 2x, they are that good! To have your calendar access anytime anywhere on any device, who wouldnt love it!! And with the ability to send text reminders to our customers phones has cut down on missed appointments drastically! This service is a must for our family owned business. Wouldn't do without it!!
ProsThe price is perfect, and with all that they offer -- Id expect to pay much more. I love the services and accessability of the gettimely calendar. And if theres a problem, they are all over it right away. Cant say enough good things about them!
ConsI wish that it was also an ap that I could put on my phone and devices, that way I wouldnt have to get onto the internet just to check the calendar, but its pretty perfect as it is. :)
Recommendations to other buyersIts amazing, and thank you for all the personal care you take in your customer support, I love talking to a person! You have created something amazing, I tell everyone about it!
December 5, 2016
Jasmine E.
11-50 employees
June 22, 2016

“Social Health Association Review”

OverallIt is a little time consuming for our purposes. It is easy to adjust most of time. It would be great to have a sort feature in the reports on just customer with future appointment status for quick access. It would really help out a great deal when I need to put together a quick report but have to search for all of these individually because I cannot look up the report for it. As a user, we have the option to create reasons why an appointment was not completed so I would really appreciate being able to go to reports, scroll down to customers, and search for the status of the appointments for that customer or all customers.
ProsI can color coordinate appointments.
ConsThere are not enough colors to code different kinds of appointments. There is no way to archive appointments for customers that occurred a year ago from their customer page.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen having multiple people help the same customer the times get messed up and take a long time to fix. Sometimes deleting a time slot is impossible and I have to start the whole process over again.
Ray W.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2017

“I don't even know where to start!”

OverallIt should work well for a single person operator looking for basic scheduling/tracking of appointments but if you've got a multiple staff and lots of products, definitely consider other options first. Timely has a lot of growing to do and at the current rate, it's going to be a very long growth!
ProsThe support team is fantastic and the application itself 'looks' great. Looks are very deceiving though. The most basic functions work well. Beyond that, there are plenty of issues, including lots of unfinished features.
ConsFar too many features are left unfinished. Every time something new is released I'm left somewhat shocked how basic functionality that could complete the feature is left out. Even Stock Management is tedious and unituitve. Something basic like not being able to make recurring appointments that have more than 1 service. Limited to a total of 160 characters for SMS. Sales Reports report incorrect/misleading figures. No customer accounts. No loyalty system. Can't create custom value gift vouchers on the fly (they all need to be preset amounts). If you have more than one staff member, you're going to be in for more surprises - good luck to you! There is far too many things to mention. I could go on but hopefully you get the point. Approach the application with caution, and if it means paying for additional month or two to PROPERLY test it out, do it! It could save you a lot of grief in the long run. Timely say they care about customer feedback but in the 2.5 years we've been using it, very little has been done to improve even basic functionality. In fact, not a single one of the things I've mentioned above has been addressed in that time. Given all the new (incomplete) features being released without first addressing the swarm of issues currently present is further proof.
August 31, 2017
Sophie A.
Spa Owner
June 15, 2017

“Great experience ”

OverallGreat prices for a great software
ProsHow simple it is to use. That i receive emails when clients have booked. The reports are easy to read and show plenty of information
ConsI would like some more features, like loyalty programs, a few more reports, For clients to see their appointments when they log into timely so they don't need to call us and check what time is it. I know it is in their first email but many clients delete this. It also sometimes won't let us delete treatments in the editing area. It would be cool to have a customized pop up botton that could pop up near the end of sale ie. have they got their waxing gloves, to remind us to. tell about the promotion we have.
June 15, 2017
Holly V.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2016

“I don't know how I did without this. It is awesome!”

OverallVery easy to use. Allows me to see different schedule views and create schedules far in advance. The bulletin board feature ensures that every employee can see messages and notices. Employees can view their schedule from their smart phone or any computer. This program has simplified scheduling so much. Employees get schedule change notices which helps a lot. I would never want to go back to printing a paper schedule. My employees really like it, too.
ProsThe time is saves me. The way I can see the total hours for each employee for the week. The way the vacation shifts become unassigned so you know what needs to be covered when someone is going on vacation. The fact that employees have access to their schedule at all times. Overall ease of use.
ConsYou cannot copy one shift and paste it. You can, however, copy a day or week and import it.
Recommendations to other buyersEvery month a friendly email arrives letting you know you are about to be billed for another month. Nice service.
August 7, 2016
Kyla F.
Owner /Operator
July 31, 2016

“I haven't looked back ”

OverallI have saved myself a lot of money since changing to an online service provider. I am really happy with the rapid response to questions or any problems I may have through the email service. It's great that things are simple to use not over complicated.
ProsWhat I like most is the easy access to all my bookings etc whether I be at work at home or out having a coffee.
ConsNot sure whether its my computer being older or internet connection sometimes I find the selection you make e.g. service you have chosen wont appear and you have to re click it a couple of times before it will select. I think there was also something with the voucher set up when some body buys a voucher it would be good if there were some kind of tracking or code for every voucher sold as we manually keep track with expiry dates and voucher numbers in a book.
Recommendations to other buyersNot really just start using it. Without a doubt they are a trusted company.
July 31, 2016
Janelle M.
October 24, 2017

“Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs”

OverallAccess 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.
ProsThe simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.
ConsIt doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.
October 24, 2017
Ursula G.
Massage Therapist
July 23, 2017

“Our business can't do without the Timely booking system. Saves us a lot of time. ”

OverallWe have heard from people that have had trouble with some companies that get their bookings mixed up or double book clients. With Timely we spend the minimum time on booking clients. Our clients mention it's very easy to book online and they appreciate the reminders texts for their appointments. For us as a business it makes things work smoothly while our business looks professional and by having the reminders sent to our clients, we eliminate wasting time and money with clients not showing up for their appointments.
ProsTimely takes care of the very important part of our business - booking of appointments. Without this working smoothly we wouldn't have a successful business. Our clients book online, get reminders of their appointments and we don't have to do anything!
ConsI can't think of anything that I don't like about the Timely software. It's totally worth the money we pay for it.
July 23, 2017
Sangita P.
Naturopathic doctor
December 29, 2016

“Functional, easy to use and affordable”

OverallTimely offers all the functionality and quality of other scheduling software programs for half the price. Timely is simple, easy to use and beautifully designed. Timely is easy to navigate even for folks like me with very little scheduling software experience. I would suggest Timely to anyone looking for a simple, easy to use, fully functional and affordable way to organize and streamline their scheduling process.
ProsIt is simple, beautifully designed, easy to use and has all the features of more expensive software programs. The phone app is also very easy to use and navigate. I use it almost daily to check my appointments and make changes to my schedule. I am so happy I found Timely!
ConsI would like to be able to offer certain services on certain days only through the online scheduler integrated into my website.
Recommendations to other buyersNope. Keep up the good work. I love your product.
December 29, 2016
Liz M.
Managing Director
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2016

“Amazing System Affordable and Efficient”

OverallIt took me over 12 months to decide on a system after looking at the pros and cons of many systems. I decided on TIMELY and have not looked back. As a specialize service that provides Cosmetic Tattooing, Beauty Services and Cosmetic Tattoo Training (sometimes throughout Australia), we needed a system that could allow us to book in treatments and groups, but also model appointments for the students learning Cosmetic Tattooing, on the same day. We have been incredibly happy with our choice and would recommend TIMELY to other salons. The system is really easy to work and easy to add extra staff as you expand. The TIMELY staff are very helpful and they are constantly looking to improve the system. I have no hesitation in recommending TIMELY, my only problem is I didn't start sooner.
Proseasy to use,
ConsDoesn't allow for fortnightly rosters.
Recommendations to other buyerswould like the ability to search by telephone number for clients. Would like the ability to add before and after photos.
November 29, 2016
Leisa D.
Acupuncturist-Owner
August 11, 2016

“Sole Practitioner- Acupuncturist ”

OverallEasy to use, great features, everthing at your fingertips, great price, saves time and money. Luv it!!!!
ProsCost is a big factor when a Sole Practitioner, the low cost and great product and service is a winner for me!! Get timely offers features that other companies charge a fortune for. I am very grateful to timely for their commitment to their clients and making it possible for me to have access to software that improves my efficiency, is easy and enjoyable to use and saves and makes me money!!!
ConsThe only thing I probably find a little tedious is the confirm buttons and complete buttons. Would be nice if had option to take them off and when raise sale the software automatically confirms and completes appointment. I understand how these are necessary for online bookings and multiple staff, Thank you.
Recommendations to other buyersWould like a few more features in the app. And do you have an app icon? Would like a one click print, as goes to pdf first but that maybe my windows set up.
August 11, 2016
Steve H.
August 16, 2019

“Decided to double the price of their product for no reason”

OverallAverage. I hind sight should have used another provider that don't keep making annoying changes and massively hike their prices
ProsEase of use and functionality and a fair price
ConsChange the layout and look without informing customers (making it look and function worse). The company has also decided to double the cost of their product as it has new functionality (that I've been using for nearly 4 years) and the sales pitch is that you get SMS credits as part of the packages, however the credits are like a phone contact - paying for loads that you either don't need or won'r use.
August 16, 2019
Charlotte B.

“Love TIMELY”

OverallSince switching to TIMELY I have been able to manage bookings for my business centrally. The reminder emails and Texts to customers help us minimise no shows and provide this value add consistently. Our busy customers welcome our reminders. We are not using all of the TIMELY features and have chosen to manage our accounts via MYOB separately even though these 2 providers can be linked. We get more detailed information from MYOB directly. The features of TIMELY are constantly evolving and improving. I am looking forward to seeing the review feature, where customers can leave a review. TIMELY's support is excellent and we always get a quick reply whenever we need help.
ProsThe ease of use.
ConsI would like better integration with my MYOB software -Timely dumps sales into one account in MYOB but not a number of accounts to link sales to so you can't keep track of what areas of the business and what locations monthly sales are from. I have different locations and this info is vital so I can analyse profitability across my business.
Brian L.
Owner, Esthetician
September 1, 2017

“FINALLY found the one after years of switching services”

ProsThis has a robust feature set and excellent usability on both client and professional side. Too many online booking systems are cloned copies of one another and lack basic (and obvious) features needed to actually operate a business from. This one stands alongside giants like MindBody and Milano and trumps them in many ways, especially for the cost. Smaller to medium businesses will find this the perfect fit.
ConsSome of the ui features could use refining (mostly availability of functions like client notes while in mobile mode, where you currently must switch to desktop mode to access effectively), but they have consistently rolled out improvements over the year+ I've been with them.
September 1, 2017
Rebecca D.
February 5, 2017

“Timely software review”

OverallI'm loving my experience with Timely. It does everything I need it to pretty much. I gave it 4 out of 5 for features & functionality as there is always room for improvement with everything. I do wish I could phone for support sometimes but they really are so fast at getting back to me via email that it doesn't seem to be a problem. Definitely love it for the cost of the program which is the main selling point for me. If I had to pay more I might look for something that has phone support and someone to come and teach me personally, but with this, I didn't really need that for the size of my business. Most of my clients really comment how much they love the online booking and how easy it is to use. Some say they couldn't figure it out but admit they struggle with things like that. Some clients do have trouble rescheduling their appointment and get confused so will call the salon instead. The main thing I wish I had more freedom with is the number of characters I have to use for confirmation and reminder text messaging. Also, I wish when clients made their appointment online they would receive an email saying their appointment has been made successfully without my having to make the setting automatically confirm their appointment on making it. The reason is because when it is automatically confirmed, I have to manually change all the appointments to pencilled in, if I want clients to receive a confirmation SMS a day or so before their actual appointment, otherwise they can only receive a reminder SMS which doesn't automatically ask them to answer Y or N if they are coming. When clients don't receive any kind of email when they make their online booking they worry it wasn't made successfully so I keep they setting as automatically confirmed. I hope that makes sense.
February 5, 2017
Nicole W.
Driving Instructor
August 12, 2016

“Great Simple Booking System”

OverallIt's been really easy to use - probably in the next 6 months will use it for more marketing / promotional opportunities.
ProsIt's been great for my business - sms reminders were the main reason I chose Timely, to avoid No Shows, appointment reminders have been very successful and my students love it......also value for money!!
ConsI haven't looked into it a lot yet - but I would like to send a SMS congratulations to students once they pass their test but haven't worked out how to do it. I would like to be able to 'inactivate' a customer and not actually have to 'delete' them from the system?
Recommendations to other buyersIt would be able to click on a button to 'inactivate' a customer and a prompt to send a SMS to customer......in my case it would be to Congratulate them on obtaining their P Licence.......
August 12, 2016
Chris D.
November 25, 2016

“Brilliant!!”

OverallBeen using Timely for a while now for my personal training business and it's by far the best booking and invoicing system I have come across! I have tried other systems but they were either too complex, unsuitable for my business needs or extremely slow. I love how it sync's to MYOB too, saves so much time; but the stand out feature for me, which sets it apart from any other system, is the customer service you receive. No question goes unanswered and their response time is quick. They treat you as a person, and not a number. Timely has grown since I first started using it, newer and better features are always being added and built upon, and throughout this time their exceptional customer service has remained as brilliant as ever. Thanks guys, keep up the good work!
ProsEase of use Features Customer service Speed (no lagging) Price
November 25, 2016
Mitchell S.
May 30, 2015

“Timely makes running my business so easy. Thank goodness for Timely!”

OverallI stumbled upon a recommendation of Timely on a forum. At the time, all I was looking for an easy way to implement a calendar system on my business's website. I signed up for the free trial and was delighted to discover that Timely could also take care of just about every other aspect of my business - online bookings, sending confirmation emails, managing payments and invoicing, reports and email marketing. Timely is now saving me untold hours of admin every week, which really frees me up to spend more time doing what I do best - providing my service to customers. I love the way my appointments and customer details are synced to my phone's calendar and address book. Before I answer a call from a customer, I already know who they are and where they're from. I've contacted Timely customer service several times with small, probably annoying tech questions. Without fail, I'll get a friendly reply from Jess or Andrew within hours that answers my question, and then some! Timely are clearly listening to their many and varied small business customers and are continually adding improvements - things that I would never have thought of but once they appear I wonder how I ever did without them. They have a whole section of their website devoted to gathering possible new ideas and features, many of which end up being implemented. I've had feedback from several of my customers about how organised and efficient they found the booking process - Timely gets all the credit for giving my customers a great experience and making my business look really good. I love being able to support an innovative New Zealand company who are exporting their fabulous product to the world. I'm thrilled to recommend Timely for any small business that relies on scheduling appointments or services.
May 30, 2015
Robin F.
August 24, 2017

“Brilliant!”

OverallMarketing and customer service benefits increasing revenue
ProsEasy to use. Good value for money. No clunky or overly restrictive technology. Updated to keep up with marketing innovations and requirements.
ConsNeeds more versatility in customer notifications like more filters to select different email domain recipients. Because gmail email users can leave google reviews whereas if you don't have google account you can't so being able to target these customers to get reviews would be powerful. Also being able to add more than one add a button linking to a site of your choosing so you could have Facebook, Yell & Yelp for example
August 24, 2017
Rebecca W.
Proprietor and Director
Consumer Services, Unspecified
October 8, 2016

“The savvy business must have!”

OverallDo you have a busy business? Do you want to invest your time more productively? Do you want your customers to receive a professional service? If you've answered yes to the above then I highly recommend this booking software. Business and customer service has evolved over the years, its more important than ever to be on top of your game. Who and what is bringing in the quality revenue? Providing your clients with a service that works alongside their own hectic schedules. With many competing brands, what are you doing to go above and beyond for your clients and managing your firm as effectively as possible? Timely has boosted my dog grooming business and assisted in increasing my revenue, the best business decision I ever made. read my full review rlwlifestyle.tumblr.com Facebook rlwlifestyle Instagram Rebecca wattam
Prosthe customer service
ConsHaven't come across anything
Recommendations to other buyersRead my full review rlwlifestyle.tumblr.com Facebook rlwlifestyle Instagram Rebecca wattam
October 8, 2016
Kellie D.
December 15, 2017

“Get timely has ensured smooth bookings and increased my time away from the phone!”

OverallIncreased gift voucher sales and appointments. Far less time tied up with long phone calls or emails trying to find suitable appointment times. Not inclined to over book trying to please people either!
ProsEasy online booking for customers and fantastic gift voucher sales!
ConsWould like more functionality perhaps to sell products (as well as gift vouchers) online.
December 15, 2017
Emily A.
Owner of a beauty salon
Retail, Self-employed
January 25, 2017

“Timely is the best ”

OverallI was worried at the beginning about switching from my paper diary to online however I knew that finding the right system for me would work wonders for my business. I trailed a few different ones for a month and decided that timely was the easiest to use. It was very important to me to choose a system with an easy to use online booking system to make it as easy as possible for my clients of all ages and I without a doubt preferred timely the best. My clients are always telling me how clever my system is and that they love how easy the online booking is to use. When ever I have had a problem and needed to speak to someone for support, 9/10 times I get a reply pretty much instantly and the staff are very very helpful.
ProsExtremely easy for myself and my clients to use.
ConsThere isint anything that I don't like.
Recommendations to other buyersI would LOVE being able to fill in consultation cards through my system. This would be a great feature.
January 25, 2017
Kathy M.
January 10, 2018

“Timely has been the best decision I made when starting my home based business. ”

ProsThe support people ROCK!! Whenever I have emailed for support, the reply is speedy and I have always gotten a resolution. Affordable, user friendly, customizable, and overall a great choice.
ConsThat with software updates the iPad view & functionality changes to what I see on my mobile device. I much prefer the robustness of the laptop/desktop functionality. I use my iPad as both my checkin, management & point of sale so choose not to do the upgrades as I like the iPad view to be the same as the laptop/desktop view. Sure hope that makes sense!
January 10, 2018
Gaby N.
Developer
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 16, 2017

“I've been using Timely for over a year and it scales very well for a growing business. ”

OverallEasy appointment and customer management.
ProsI like how easy it is to manage customers and appointments. I'm often booking very quickly while on the phone with a client so i appreciate that getting them on the calendar is not complicated.
ConsI really wish there was an API so that I could do a custom integration with my own site/app. Please! I'm an app developer who could bring you more customers if an API was available. Also, it would be nice if customers could book their own package appointments online like they can with individual services.
October 16, 2017
Jessica z.
Mrs.
August 19, 2016

“Miss. Saved me from hassle, and brought me to a new level of professionalism.”

OverallI started with timely desperate for a solution to my old way of booking tattoo clients... in a paper binder. I was scribbling and messing up dates, forgetting to call every client to confirm appointments. Until I found Timely on the web. At first use it relieved my strain from all the steps needed to keep track of clients and dates. One of the most valuable business decisions I made.
ProsAll my clients information is easy to retrieve and quick to input. The visual aspect makes finding open appointments easy. The auto email reminder has saved me from the hassle of doing it myself.
ConsIc can be easy to forget to save new details and go unoticed.
August 19, 2016
Renata G.
Esthetician
July 24, 2016

“One of the best”

OverallI have been using Timely for a few months and it has been a great experience. I love how reliable it is on a daily basis.
ProsThe best parts of the timely software are easy online booking/rescheduling, customer profiles, product sales features, and service sales reports.
ConsI wish Timely had a feature to program different time slots on different days. Maybe there is a way and I just haven't figured it out yet. The app also needs some work. It should have the same features (especially "Customer" tab) as the desktop site. It would be awesome to also have a feature for clients to go online and see when their appointments are, rather than contacting the salon/stylist.
Recommendations to other buyersI really enjoy using Timely. It makes my work days much easier and gives the clients more control and accessibility.
July 24, 2016
Rochelle S.
Stylist
Cosmetics, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 4, 2018

“Efficient, but still needs some adjustments”

OverallI'm a very busy stylist/mother. After I had my children I had to cut a few budgets, and my salon software was one of them. I decided to try out Timely after leaving SimplyBook.me. Timely has a lot of great features, but not everything was available that I was able to do with the other program. After I came across the issue that I am unable to book my services based on my time, I decided to switch once again. As you can imagine, it was a hassle, but it got done.
ProsThe automated reminders are awesome! Although I did have a few clients say they never got their reminders, and when we checked they went to their junk/spam folders. Reporting is a great feature with Timely as well
ConsI was not able to set my own time for services. I'm not sure why that feature was not available, but being a stylist that is a MUST HAVE to be effective with your work. Also, there were no other language options except English.
November 4, 2018
Lisa B.
Salon Owner
July 31, 2018

“Timely allows me to run my business in an efficient, organised and cost effective manner.”

ProsIt is vey reliable and new features are always being added and updated. It is extremely easy to use and the support staff are always accessible. The Timely Blog is always full of relevant , interesting content.
ConsHaving used Timely for close to three years, there is nothing I dislike. Admittedly, I run a very small business with basic requirements.
July 31, 2018
April C.
Beauty Salon owner and Therapist
September 15, 2017

“Easy to use once figure out how to use it”

ProsHas everything I need to take bookings and offer services. It is super easy to use. Like how I can take notes for each clients treatments and it's there to access when I need to read over notes.over all I'm happy with the booking system
ConsExtra charges for staff I don't agree with. It could do with changing the layout on the booking system where others book in. The mini website could be a lot better as it's too basic and kinda embarrassing. The text messages could be cheaper or free/included in the monthly charge rather then a seperate charge. The mobile app could at least show when someone has sent a message as there's no notifications for it which isn't ideal.
September 15, 2017
stephen m.
franchise and corporate finance support coordinator
51-200 employees
June 8, 2017

“The easiest, most cost-effective scheduling solution I've used”

OverallA nearly flawless scheduling solution at an unbeatable price. Great value.
ProsTimely is an amazing scheduling solution for a broad range of customer needs. An attractive interface and easy-to-navigate platform provide users a seamless experience. Capable reporting features are included, direct online scheduling can be embedded on a personal/business website, and integration with payment processors e.g. Stripe etc. is quite simple.
ConsThe platform has been slow once or twice, but nothing completely out of the norm.
June 8, 2017
Aaron W.
Managing Director
May 10, 2017

“It is a nice and easy to use software. I have tried so mang booking software, this is the best.”

OverallIt made my job much easier, much organised and much productive.
ProsEasy to learn and easy to use. Every booking is very easy to adjust if something changed. Also the billing method is cheap and reasonable comparing to some other kind of software which charge customers based on their revenue. I also love that it ability to link with many third party services like Google, Quickbook and etc.
ConsAt the moment it cannot make the recurrence class copied with customers in it. Also sometimes the syncing with quickbook has some problems.
May 10, 2017
Julie F.
Massage Therapist
April 13, 2017

“Small business matters ”

OverallI have been using the timely booking system for just over a year now. My clients comment on a regular basis on how easy it is to book online. I was thrilled when Customer support representative responded to me multiple times on a Sunday to help me sort out an issue I was having. Turns out I just needed guidance to navigate my way. He was so patient, understanding, and very professional. I am always happy to refer new business to timely, and plan to stick with them as they grow. Keep up the great work guys - Julie Timeless Journey Massage Therapy. www.massagebooking.gettimely.com
ProsEase of use by my clients.
Recommendations to other buyersPerfect for business and practicum students
April 13, 2017
Tracey N.
Therapist and Tutor
March 3, 2017

“I recommend Timely to anyone who has client appointments”

OverallWell, my review title says it all. For me, I cannot fault Timely at all. It does everything I want it to do, and has many features that I do not use. I recommend it to all my business contacts that deal with customer/client appointments, classes and workshops.
ProsThe ability to set up a variety of products, services and classes. The way it integrates with Xero, my accounting software and it's integration with mailchimp.
ConsI do not use Timely for it's accounting function, and I cannot easily see how to 'clear down' outstanding payments, which have, in fact been paid through xero.
March 3, 2017