Text In Church Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.7/5

About Text In Church

At Text in Church, we believe it should be easy to reach more people with technology. Thats why we built an easy-to-use tool that lets you engage people in a simple, meaningful way thats familiar to them... texting! More than 18,000 church leaders use our platform every week. Don't waste your valuable time on complicated tools that don't work, instead use a solution that will help first-time guests come back, keep regular attendees informed, and encourage more people to grow in their faith. Learn more about Text In Church

December 15, 2018

“Best Guest Follow Up Process”

OverallText in church has simplified getting information to different groups of people in my church. I can set differnt groups up and communicate with a whole group with a simple click of a button. I dont have to think about 'who is in this group again?' I dont have to worry about communicating with the wrong group. Also, being that its text, I know that everyone is getting the message. Unlike email, you have to actually open up an email to see it.
ProsThe Text In Church has been amazing for me and my church. It simplifies communication, eliminates emails that go straight to junk mail, first time guest follow-up systems made simple, and the list goes on. THIS MORNING someone said, "I really appreciated how I got a personal text from Epiphany this morning telling me they were praying for me today". It is the small things. I have been in ministry for 10 years and this is one of the best things that I have had in terms of communication with people on a weekly basis. Before, when I asked people if they got the information via Email, FB message, IG, Twitter, ect, about 30% of the people would say that they got it, but didn't look at it. Now, over 90% of the people I ask not only got it but read it and appreciated it. It has even been a game changer for our teams. If you want to be apart of the setup team, text SET UP...If you want to be apart of the hospitality team text HOSPITALITY...I honestly don't know what I was even doing before in communication. I will never go back.
ConsThe app through iOS could be better. As I am traveling, it would be great to set up a quick text from my phone. The capability is there, but it glitches out sometimes. Great idea, just needs some improvement.

By Text In Church on December 19, 2018
Wow! Thanks for the amazing review. I'd love to hear what improvements you'd like to see on the app. We're constantly improving and I'd love your feedback. Reach out if there is anything we can help with. Grace and peace, ~ Tyler
December 15, 2018
Jeff S.
Marketing & Guest Outreach Director
October 10, 2019

“Text in Church Has Quality Church Member and Guest Outreach Tools...”

OverallWe have improved our communication to our members with Text in Church. Also, for the first time, guests have a way of hearing from us after they've visited. Members feel more involved and in the loop than ever before.
ProsI like the ability to text hundreds of people instantly. The groups function is an easy-to-use tool. The ability for people to opt themselves out of communication is also important. Church members feel updated any time they receive an email or text.
ConsI don't like that they charge us per text. Many times I want to send messages over 160 characters to our church members, but am forced to limit the message to conserve the number of texts I use per month. I also think some of their formatting and setup of certain templates is clunky and not user-friendly.

By Text In Church on October 11, 2019
Jeff, thanks for the great review. I wanted to let you know that we charge per text message sent regardless of the number of characters. So, even if you exceed 160 characters it still counts as just one. Also, incoming messages do not count against your allotment.
October 10, 2019
Chris C.

“So So Close”

OverallSo, so.
ProsThe product has great training tools. The customer service is excellent. I agree wholeheartedly with the concept, everyone has their cell phone all the time.
ConsIt is very difficult to sit down and watch all of the training videos. By the time I get back to the videos I feel like I have forgotten a lot of what I learned. Also, there is a fatal flaw in the system. People can fill out the digital card and never put their name. I have ended up with just a bunch of numbers. The solution, according to the company, is to create yet another list to follow up on to get the names, which is why I bought the product to begin with.

By Text In Church on October 1, 2019
Chris, thanks for the review. If someone text in but doesn't provide their name by filling out your digital connection card, I'd recommend sending them a quick text message following up. Start a conversation with them via text and ask for their name. It's just when someone stops by your Welcome Center. Engage in a conversation and eventually gather their contact info. For some people, it does take a bit of work, but connecting with a first-time guest is well worth the effort. If we can help with anything feel free to reach out to our team.
Faith B.
Community Assistant
September 26, 2019

“Make Connecting and Following Up EASY!”

OverallText in Church allows us to communicate with hundreds in a quick, efficient, and personal manner. It allows time for other areas of ministry, yet ensures we value our guests with effective follow up. Their customer service is quick, responsive, and compassionate. I can tell that each member of their team genuinely cares about churches and people.
ProsText in Church enables me to communicate with hundreds of people at the same time, in a personal way. This has enabled our church to grow exponentially by being able to connect more effectively. The Plan A Visit features through Text in Church allow guests to be connected and for barriers to be removed before they even enter our parking lot.
ConsI wish that they offered multiple lines / user accesses within the same account. I also think that the "app" for mobile use is rather clunky and slow - this is probably the only piece I don't like. I expect that they will improve this soon.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Faith, thanks for the awesome review! Yes, we will soon offer multiple lines. This will be super helpful. Also, we are currently rebuilding our app and can't wait to release it.
Leslie S.
Lead pastor

“Good but”

OverallMade text communication simpler
ProsEase to send out scheduled messages, follow up.
ConsSync issues, duplicates after sync issues, app glitches

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Leslie! I really appreciate the review. If you're continuing to have issues with your sync please reach out to our support team. We'd love to help get that resolved for you.
Angie M.
Guest Services Director
October 7, 2019

“Great Communication Tool”

OverallOur overall experience with Text in Church has been so positive that several other areas of our organization have also subscribed to Text in Church. Support is exceptional. We have not experienced loss of service or loss of delivery in the texting. All in all I would say the software is valuable, flexible and reliable.
ProsAutomated responses and keyword texting are our favorite features of Text in Church. The ability to set in motion automated responses is both time saving and provides consistency to our constituents. Keyword texting and the automatic formation of groups within the software is especially valuable with first-time guests and useful when we are interested in building a group for communication within a specific interest or project.
ConsHave not found one "con" in almost two years.

By Text In Church on October 9, 2019
Angie, thanks for the great review!
October 7, 2019
Alan M.
Office/Finance Manager
November 27, 2018

“Text In Church...a great way to stay in touch!”

OverallText In Church has been a God send for our church! Our congregation loves it, and so does our staff. Would definitely recommend!
ProsThe Text In Church software is very easy to use and quite user friendly. We've been truly surprised by how our congregation has embraced this communication tool. Now, we mainly send out text messages with pertinent information, and minimal emails. The response rate is amazing as the majority of our people are getting and reading our messages to them. Can't say the same about emails, though.
ConsDon't like how the text messages split up into multiple messages if you go over the character limit. It's way too easy to put in too much information and bam...you're over the limit.

By Text In Church on October 4, 2019
Wow! Thanks for the amazing review, Alan!
November 27, 2018
Alan M.
July 25, 2019

“Text In Church...a Great Solution for Our Church!”

ProsI love how Text In Church makes the flow of communication simple and easy for our employees and our congregation. When we need to get information out, it's really easy to do so with Text In Church. It makes my job much easier.
ConsWe've only used this software for a relatively short time (less than two years), but so far, I've not discovered anything that I don't like.

By Text In Church on July 26, 2019
Wow! Alan, thanks for the amazing review.
July 25, 2019
Charles S.
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
October 12, 2019

“A simple relevant answer to GROWTH!”

OverallText in Church is the answer to so many How questions. How do re raise our retention rate? How do we close the back door to our organization? How do we value people; and so many more...The answer is Text in Church.
ProsI love the Text in church system! I like this system for so many reasons some including it's ease of use and it's ability to help us automate our assimilation system. The workflows help us keep in touch with our guests and members while at the same time creating an authentic sense of community amongst our spiritual family. I have learned that Culture is by Default of Design and text in church helps you design your culture rather than the alternative of what it would default to.
ConsI would love the ability to know the average amount of text that we send out a month. Knowing that information would allow us to measure it and utilize our resources best or know when we are not using it the best.

By Text In Church on October 15, 2019
Charles, thanks for the awesome review!
October 12, 2019
Kenny K.
Pastor of Discipleship
September 30, 2019

“Text In Church User Review”

OverallText in Church has helped us stay in touch with our guests much better and follow up much longer. It has led to more interactions and return visits from guests.
ProsIt is easy to use, quick to set up and lets us focus on relationships rather than administration.
ConsNothing really. If there is anything to complain about it that the software does not notify you via text/email of interaction. You must be in the software/app to get notifications.

By Text In Church on October 1, 2019
Thanks for the great review Kenny!
Zac C.
October 1, 2019

“Text in Church is a Must Have”

OverallOur organization (church) has completely embraced this service as it has totally changed the game in communication.
ProsIt makes in-house communication very easy as well as gives us unlimited ways in outreach.
ConsBeing an automated service for texting and email, it takes some time to learn.

By Text In Church on October 7, 2019
Awesome! Zac, thanks for the great review.
Holly W.
Connections Director
September 27, 2019

“Greatly improved our connections!”

OverallText In Church has given me a better option to communicate with so many people! I'm receiving way better reciprocation and involvement.
ProsI am able to connect better to our guests and am receiving way more communications than with just emailing.
ConsSometimes the groups feature times out but it usually fixes with a refresh.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Holly, thanks for the awesome review!
Michelle M.
Assimilations Coordinator
September 26, 2019

“Text In Church for First Time Guests”

ProsCurrently our Plan Your Visit guests are able to sign up for service and get a response immediately as well as multiple staff getting notifications that a new guest has signed up.
ConsApp software needs to be updated allowing the user to have access to the same features as a desktop. We also wished that guests can input their birthdays as well as choosing what service time they plan on attending.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Michelle! I really appreciate the review. We are currently rebuilding the mobile app and can't wait for you to have access to it.
Jessica H.
Life Group Director

“Must Have! ”

OverallIt's been fun to understand. Worth having and very useful to our ministry.
ProsThe software has a very clean and professional look. Defiantly proud of using it. Very helpful in communicate with the body of Christ.
ConsWhat I least liked about it, is that I can't set a specific date and time for my emails or text messages to be sent for individuals already in the system for automatic responses at a certain time frame.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Jessica! I really appreciate the review. Please reach out to our support team with specifics about your issue with sending at a specific date and time. You should be able to do that. We'd love to help get that straightened out for you.
Robert C.
Admin Asst
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Very Efficient System for Church Leaders”

ProsWho would have thought that Texting would be a good thing in a congregation? However, this software understands that people, especially Millennial generations, use their phones for communicating, giving, and worship. This is an efficient software product that uses modern technology and teaches congregational leaders the value of texting for ministry.
ConsWe used this as a trial and it seemed to work well. Was difficult and that is why we were not able to stick with it--and we had limited funding.

By Text In Church on March 16, 2018
Hey Robert - Thanks for the great feedback. I'm sorry to hear you found it difficult. I love to help! If you're willing... we'd love to jump on a call and help you get setup for success. Just shoot our support team an email.
March 13, 2018
May 15, 2019

“A wonderful tool”

OverallFor a small church staff, guest follow up can sometimes fall by the wayside among all the other things that need to happen on a weekly basis. At least at my church that was the case. Text In Church lets you set up and customize a comprehensive guitar followup protocol that's near foolproof! It's a wonderful communication tool!
ProsHands down what I like most about Text In Church is the automation!
ConsI didn't care much for the limited number of texts you're allowed to send per subscription tier. I've used another texting service that allows unlimited messages to be sent for one flat rate. This way, I feel like I can freely communicate and hold conversations without feeling like I'm using up valuable text credits.

By Text In Church on May 17, 2019
Thanks for the great review! Really appreciate it.
May 15, 2019
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 25, 2018

“When we are ready for this step for our church text-In)church will be our choice”

ProsEase of use, features, workflows, support, etc. This company and software has it all. If you want to make follow up easy and get away from all the confusion, look into text-in-church. This isn't a replacement for real people connections but will be the main tool in your toolbelt to making those first connections.
ConsWe are not jumping on board yet as we are not at a church size that can't handle our connection cards and our system without a text service. Our teams are more than capable to connect and help with next steps. As we grow and the system gets more complicated, we will be jumping on board.

By Text In Church on July 27, 2018
Thanks for the great review.
July 25, 2018
Matt B.
admin
November 2, 2016

“General phone goes straight to voicemail. ”

OverallThis is a great product with terrible customer service. We purchased the pro package with a 14 day trial and every time we tried to login it gave a PHP error. The only way we could contact the company to talk about the issue was by the chat feature on the website. We tried numerous times to get ahold of someone on the phone, but they have the phones set to voicemail after one ring. It's very frustrating because we were willing to pay $477 for the pro package but after dealing with the customer support, we may be exploring another system.
ProsGreat program with good features.
ConsIf you have a problem, good luck getting ahold of a person on the phone to resolve the issue. Also, importing large amounts of contacts isn't as easy as it seems.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease wage functionality vs. support. If function is the main concern, this product is great. If you would like help along the way, don't buy this product.

By Text In Church on November 2, 2016
Hi Matt, I'm really sorry for the frustration we caused this morning. We emailed and called to let you know the error with your account has been resolved.
November 2, 2016
John R.
September 26, 2019

“Time saver that increases engagement”

OverallWe are doing a much better at data aquisition and therefore better at leading people through a funnel/process of assimilation as well as spiritual development.
ProsI appreciate the ability to set up workflows to ensure I am staying on top of communication. When people respond I am able to engage at a deeper level.
ConsI would love the ability to create my own automated workflow template that I would be able to open and set the specific date to trigger the workflow. All the templates are designed to trigger based on the day an individual is added to the group. I would like to have people be able to join a group over a period of time and then all receive the same communications on the same day. For example, have people sign up for an event through the month of Sept but then everyone receives a series of sms during the week prior to the event the first Sunday of Oct.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
John, thanks for the amazing review! You do have the ability to send your messages on a specific date. For your example, you want to create a group and allow people to sign up for the whole month of September. Then, schedule group messages to that group on the exact dates you choose in October. You won't need to use the Automated Workflows to do this. If you need help, contact our support team we'd love to help.
Carlos C.
Minister
December 29, 2017

“Great app, easy to use and the cost is very affordable. High quality product ”

ProsSimple and practical to be used. The system allows you to navigate along all the functions and jumping from one to the other in seconds. Which makes the interaction and workflow more effective.
ConsSometimes they cut the text in two parts. Also, does not support Spanish grammar. Also, there is a message always advertising you about not to send too many MMS messages because of spamming warnings. This is something that other products manage better and openly promoting it instead of warning you.
December 29, 2017
Eric M.
May 17, 2019

“Great Tool for Immediate Communication with your Congregation”

ProsIt is a great tool for sending out brief announcement reminders, event changes, service updates, etc... The congregation gets the information immediately and you don't get a full mailbox of responses either. You could set-up various groups and send only to the groups. We have a group named ASM (Access Student Ministry) for our youth group. That all our parents and students are on so that everyone gets the information.
ConsUsing it for our first time visitors was not successful for us. Many of our guests did not or would not give us their cell phone #. We had set-up a flow of email and text messages that would be sent out through out the course of 4 weeks to our guests but with out a cell # that would only received part of the follow-up.

By Text In Church on October 4, 2019
Thanks for the review, Eric!
May 17, 2019
Barry E.
October 1, 2019

“Best texting system for followup ”

Overall I truly have been completely satisfied with the overall experience of Text In Church with its features to do automated follow up and be connected with people systematically.
ProsThe features of automation texting and campaigning.
ConsThe desktop view is a little difficult to maneuver around.

By Text In Church on October 4, 2019
Thanks for the excellent review, Barry! You'll be excited to know we are working on a brand new UI that will greatly improve your experience.
Deone W.

“Great Product”

OverallGreat, we've seen increased participation and retention of new visitors since starting TIC.
ProsThe ease of being able to communicate with members at one time from one place.
ConsI do not like that there isn't a reporting feature. I must report to the Pastor monthly on the number of new visitors we get each month. When exporting from TIC to excel, it's like pulling teeth to short through the information.
Matthew G.
Campus Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Email? What is that?”

ProsThe ability to communicate with a wide range of people. I see over and over again how much more people will respond to a text communication than an email. If you need people to actually come to an event or sign up for an event, text in church is the way to go.
ConsOverall it is a great application and don't have too many complaints.

By Text In Church on October 4, 2019
Thanks for the great review!
August 15, 2019
Jill C.
Church Administrator
October 8, 2019

“Text In Church Has Added Value to Our Church Discipleship Program”

OverallCommunicating through text messaging and how to effectively followup with guest was our major issue. Text In Church has solved both issues.
ProsThe program provides a means for us to communicate with our members through texting. That was my main focus as I researched such programs however, I was sold when I learned of its guest followup features.
ConsThere is a learning curve to understanding how to maneuver all the features unique to the programs design, this been my only concern.

By Text In Church on October 10, 2019
Hi Jill - Thanks for the awesome review!
Ken G.

“Church Connections”

OverallWe are very happy with this software. It is allowing us to be connected to so many of our congregation with minimal time invested.
ProsThis enables me to reach out to our members and extended membership efficiently and effectively. We are seeing that texting is the most likely used form of communication with the great majority of people.
ConsSometimes it is time consuming to send text to select people without creating a new group for one specific text out. I would prefer not to set up new group each time

By Text In Church on October 10, 2019
Ken, thanks for the awesome review. I wanted to let you know that when sending a text message you can send to individuals rather than groups. This should prevent you from needing to create a new group each time. Hope this helps!
Craig B.
September 26, 2019

“Text in Church Smooth Operator's ”

OverallText in Church has been a phenomenal program to work with. When it come to communicating or tracking my members this software has been a great tool! I easily communicate with them individually or in groups and the pre-formatted emails and text are a God send!
ProsEase of use and all of the pre-formatted emails and texts. It makes using the software smooth as silk!!!
ConsI haven't found anything I like least yet.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Craig, thanks for the awesome review!
Dana B.
Co-pastor
September 23, 2019

“Text in Church is the best! ”

OverallWe've used TIC for several years now and it is a fantastic program to use in order to stay in touch with church members and get to know guests.
ProsThe ease of use, the added value of the customer support, the price points
ConsThe app can be a little glitch at times

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Dana! I really appreciate the review. We have a brand new app coming soon! You're going to love it.
September 23, 2019
Sandra R.
Communications Director
July 5, 2018

“Text In Church is a communications director's best friend!”

OverallOur communications improved without a large dedication of time and effort with Text In Church.
ProsText In Church compiles communication databases in one place online. Text, call or email efficiently and effectively with multiple lists and purposes. Text In Church gives the ability for multiple users
ConsText In Church does not have an easy "save draft" or autosave feature. If you are interrupted for a long time during creation, depending on your computer setting, you have to re-login and start over. Inconvenient but not a deal breaker because creation is easy.

By Text In Church on July 9, 2018
Sanda - Thanks for the thoughtful review. I love your auto-save suggestion. I'll share that with our team later today!
July 5, 2018
Richard J.
July 21, 2017

“If the church couldn't afford this program, I'd pay it myself!”

OverallInstant & easy communication with small and large groups.
ProsI love being able to communicate quickly with the entire church or with selected groups in a moment via text messaging! Also, they can communicate back via text through the TIC Messenger App. They also help create a guest follow-up system!
ConsWe have had trouble getting our digital connect card form to work correctly at times. However, we can go into the program and collect the data when this happens.
July 21, 2017
Daniel P.
October 4, 2019

“Fast Communication and a Reliable Secretary”

ProsText In Church has helped our church spread information more quickly. The automated workflow has been the single most helpful tool in communicating with guests who have come to one of our services.
ConsIt would be helpful to have a message recording option that can be sent to all voicemail accounts on a distribution list. Some people do not have text messages, but the voicemail feature would net everyone.

By Text In Church on October 7, 2019
Thanks for the great review Daniel.
Felicia S.
October 2, 2019

“Awesome source to reach everyone at one time”

OverallThey are always helpful and quick to answer any questions or concerns that I have.
ProsI love that this syncs with Planning Center Online. I can then choose the appropriate list to contact, and send out much needed information .
ConsThe new layout is a little hard to navigate. I really don't like that the scheduled time is in military time. It's very confusing.

By Text In Church on October 7, 2019
Thanks for the great review Felicia! We'll be sure to get the time standardized :) You'll see that fixed very soon.
October 2, 2019
MarQuita S.
Executive Administrator

“Great Effective Took”

OverallWe have seen a significant response when used for events and reaching out to our 1st time visitors. It has changed the way we do church! Great tool for engaging individuals it makes contact and follow up personable.
ProsThe ease in which you can do mass texting.
ConsThe App, limitation with custom links and inability's to set specific permissions for isers added.

By Text In Church on October 7, 2019
Thanks for the great review! We have some new features coming the next few months that will address your cons. Including a brand new app.
Nicholas H.

“Better than the rest”

ProsI tried other church texting platforms but Text In Church is more polished and simply works. I have only been using it for a week and already new guests are getting engaged. I have collected more contact info from guests in a week than I did last year!
ConsI wish that we could use our church land line number as the texting source (Like Pastorsline)

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks for the great review! Nicholas, you can use your church landline. Just reach out to our support team and we'll be happy to set that up for you.
Adam J.
Campus Support Team Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2019

“For the price, it's a really great for automation”

OverallI think overall our organization really like Text In Church. It helps us to scale the "personal touch" with every person that walks through our doors.
ProsHow I can setup automation for workflows and just let the software do the rest.
ConsSometimes the integration with Planning Center Online is spotty. That can be frustrating.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Adam! I really appreciate the review.
Misti J.
Database Manager
May 1, 2018

“Great texting system for responding to groups of people ”

ProsThis is a great texting system to use when you need communication with a small group of people, we use this mostly for our student ministry.
ConsI wish this system would integrate more with different software. We switched from using this software because it was limited to integrations.

By Text In Church on May 3, 2018
Thanks for the review Misti! We currently integrate with Planning Center and are adding additional integrations in the near future. Thanks! ~ Tyler
May 1, 2018
Dave L.

“Great software ”

ProsI love the ease of being able to communicate with our entire congregation in only a few minutes.
ConsThe app is still slow and quirky l, even after multiple updates.

By Text In Church on October 10, 2019
Wow! Dave thanks for the great review!
Suzanne S.
Director, Connectional Ministries
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“I love this product!”

OverallI love this product - it's fun and it's working to develop relationships necessary for increases engagement
ProsThe interaction with first-time guests. They are responding to texts and we are building relationships from the outset.
ConsIt doesn't interact with Fellowship One, our church database, so I have to replicate notes from TIC to F1. I wish the 2 taking with each other.

By Text In Church on October 7, 2019
Thanks for the great review Suzanne! We currently integrate with Planning Center and Church Community Builder, but not yet Fellowship One.
Clyde T.
September 27, 2019

“This Product Fills in the Gaps”

OverallWe are using Text In Church to have a process in place that will help us to keep track of and follow up with our guests. The fact that this is an automated process ensures that this is done and does not require any manual intervention. I'm not having to depend upon someone to follow up with our guests.
ProsWhat I like most about this product is that it provides follow-ups to our visitors with periodic reminders to come back to visit us or join the church. It also has an option for people to sign up for activities and events.
ConsI would like to have the ability to add my own forms to use for different things that happen in the church. You are pretty much restricted to the templates that they offer already.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Clyde, thanks for the amazing review! Really appreciate your thoughtful review.
Adam B.
Pathways Pastor
September 26, 2019

“Text In Church is a great resources for following up with new guests”

OverallWe are reaching new guests with this church everyweek. For many of the guests they feel as if they are getting a weekly touch reminding them that we care
ProsThe automated workflows are fantastic and have helped us to follow up with guests in a way that we never have before!
ConsHard to do everything using a mobile device

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Adam! I really appreciate the review. We have a new mobile app on the way! You're going to love it.
Phil R.
Key Technology Leader
January 29, 2017

“Great way to connect”

OverallWe use Text In Church. It is a great way to connect with our entire church or groups within our church. Love the ease of sending out messages to my Men's Group.
ProsI can quickly send out messages to groups. I can schedule a message to go out on certain dates and/or time.
ConsI wish I could do this from my Android phone.
Recommendations to other buyersBuild an app for Android.

By Text In Church on January 29, 2017
We do have an iPhone app and will release an android version for our iOS friends in the future.
January 29, 2017
Deb S.
Off Mgr
June 15, 2018

“Incredibly Frustrating!!!!!”

Proswe like the ability to text members. While beneficial, its not if we have to pay double the price
ConsFor us, their support is poorly lacking. Back in February, they double billed our credit cards for an annual fee, and now, 4 months later, after a dozen emails, and even more calls to our bank, this company tells me it may take another month before they can figure out how to issue us a credit for hundreds of dollars. My bank today called them an untrustworthy vendor. I've had it with this company!! Buyer Beware!!

By Text In Church on June 27, 2018
Hi Deb, Thanks for the honest review. I'm really sorry for your frustrating experience. This was a very unusual circumstance though. Rather than requesting a refund you marked the charge as fraudulent. This initiated a review by your bank and your payment was immediately withdrawn from our account. Unfortunately, we were not able to refund your charge until your bank completed it's review. Once the review as completed in our favor your bank returned the funds to Text In Church and we issued your refund within 3 hours. Again, I'm so sorry this was so frustrating. I know we were in contact throughout this whole process, but I'm really sorry I wasn't able to get any details about the process from your bank. This should have been a really simple refund. I am so sorry the review process was so frustrating. Grace and peace, ~ Tyler Smith, Co-founder
June 15, 2018
Katie K.
Director of Communications
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2019

“Great value and product!”

ProsI like the ease of use of the product, along with the various ways you can customize it. We use this product mainly for the texting component, but will occasionally send emails with it. I also appreciated how they continually are making the product better, there are new features added regularly!
ConsIf you had asked a couple of weeks ago, I would have said a con is that you can only send to one group at a time, but they recently changed that!

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Katie, thanks for the amazing review!
Bobette T.
Operations Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
October 8, 2019

“Still in implementation mode, but”

ProsSo far, I've found TIC incredibly easy to use. When I do have questions, they have a great knowledge base, videos, and their customer support is amazing. We are very excited to roll this out!
ConsI don't know yet. We haven't fully implemented, but so far, so good.

By Text In Church on October 10, 2019
Thanks for the great review Bobette!
Pam W.
Treasurer
September 26, 2019

“You should try Text In Church”

OverallWe recently used the system to reach out to members who were MIA. We got 90% response from the MIA members and they actually came and are now coming to church.
ProsThe templates that are already set up makes it very easy for a newbie to start using the software. THe team seems to be very engaged with the customers/clients.
ConsThe mobile app does not allow for the same function as the software use on the computer.

By Text In Church on September 30, 2019
Thanks, Pam! I really appreciate the review.
Daniel J.
July 19, 2017

“Text in Church is an awesome tool. Highly recommend.”

ProsThe best thing about Text in Church is how easy to use it is. Anyone, no matter how good they are with computers, can easily learn how to use the software.
ConsI really have no negatives about this software. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and the price is very reasonable!
July 19, 2017
Jason T.
November 10, 2017

“No one helps the church follow up with guests through text messaging like Text in Church”

OverallThere is no software that is better to follow up with guests via text messages than Text in church. It is simple to use, and easy to administrate. It is also great to access the information at any point or any place.
ProsUsing this software to follow up with guests and definitely a highlight. Also, the fact that they provide a local phone number from which the texts are sent, allows a personal cell phone to stay personal.
ConsWhile the cost is fair, I do feel like this type of software can be done for free. However, Text in Church makes it simple and professional. A great option for any sized church.

By Text In Church on November 13, 2017
Wow! Thanks for the awesome review Jason.
November 10, 2017
Paul V.
Director of Worship and Communication

“Text in Church”

OverallText in Church helps us communicate well and directly with the largest number of people in our organization, which numbers about 500 church members.
ProsEasy to use, reaches people better than email.
ConsProblems with Church Management Software integration (Church Community Builder).

By Text In Church on October 10, 2019
Paul, thanks for the awesome review.
Ginger Q.
Admin Assistant to Lead Pastor

“TIC”

OverallThis gets messages to people quickly and to a lot of people at one time. It is so easy to use and very convenient.
ProsIt is very easy to use and so convenient
ConsI haven't found anything I don't like about it.

By Text In Church on October 10, 2019
Wow, Ginger thanks for the great review!
Mylinda B.
Admin

“Good for small company”

ProsVery easy to setup and get started. Straightforward instructions. Help and suppport are quick and easy to talk with when needed. The groups are easy to setup and use.
ConsWe found it was limited for the different types of emails we wanted to send as far as choices of fonts, styling of emails, etc. The "workflow" steps recommended for sending repeat emails and texts have not been good for our use.

By Text In Church on October 9, 2019
Thanks for the review Mylinda. I'd love for you to connect with our Member Success Team to help get your automated workflow strategy dialed in. Automated workflows are typically used to send a series of messages to folks who take a particular action. It's perfect for guest follow-up or volunteer onboarding. It's not common to emails repeatedly. I'd love to help.