Dropbox Business Ratings

Overall

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business is a central workspace that helps teams stay organized and keep their work flowing. All your teams content is in one place, making it easy to collaborate and focus on the work that matters. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 300,000 business teams worldwide and over 50% of the Fortune 500 for its industry leading file sync, collaboration, and extensive administration and security features that scale as teams grow. Learn more about Dropbox Business

David S.
Tech
October 5, 2019

“My GoTo Cloud Storage and Sharing System”

OverallIt's my central file sharing and syncing system. I've used it personally and professionally for years. As an IT Tech, I'm always recommending it to companies. It works easily and reliably. My largest deployment is for 40 employees who are all sharing a common data drive. I almost never have to trouble shoot anything.
ProsIt just works! I can't stress enough how much this matters. The program is easy to use on the desktop (Mac and PC) and the web interface is great as well if you are on a guest computer. Syncing is fast and doesn't slow the computer. Mobile access is super easy and fast as well.
ConsI can't think of anything wrong with it. I've been using it for years... maybe it could be free, but that seems unfair to ask...
October 5, 2019
Amy M.
Deal Administrator
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Dropbox is Great”

OverallOverall experience has been great. I've tried other programs in the past such as OneDrive and Google Drive and I haven't liked either as much as I like Dropbox.
ProsI love that when I sync it to my desktop it acts as though it's files on my computer. So I don't need to open and close the browser, I can just move files the same way I would if I was saving them on my computer. Love that it syncs with multiple computers as well so there's no wait time with email documents, we just put them into dropbox and everyone immediately has access.
ConsThere's really not much I don't like about Dropbox. I would love to be able to create users and control what they have access to so that I could keep some folders private. Or another great features would be to have some folders password protected, that way I would be able to control who had the password and could access them.
September 30, 2019
David Y.
Editor and Designer
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“The Perfect Solution for File Storage”

OverallMy overall experience with Dropbox Business has been great. It has made our organization for productive and we've spent less time searching for files and folders (Dropbox's search functionality is very helpful). I can also print files directly from my iPhone using my printer's app, which can easily be synched with my Dropbox account. Since our computers and laptops are in separate rooms, this functionality is perfect for printing Dropbox files when not physically in front of the computer. Also, with the Dropbox app, I can easily find, attach, and send any file in my account via email. It's perfect for business individuals who are on the go. Prior to using Dropbox, almost everyone kept files on their laptops. This really wasn't effective and involved a lot of email messaging and overlap of files. Dropbox solved this problem quite nicely for us. I cannot recommend it more highly.
ProsDropbox really is the perfect solution for file storage. What separates Dropbox's individual subscription (Basic) from its business subscription is the ability assign multiple users with unique email addresses. The Standard and Advanced options both come with 3 user licenses. This is not to say that only 3 users can access your files. Sharing occurs at the admin level, and admins can share files with other Dropbox users (including Basic and Plus users). This is one of the great benefits of using Dropbox. My favorite feature, however, is Dropbox's simplicity. It is super easy to create top-level directories and then add sub-directories (and sub-sub-directories, etc). For example, our top-level folders are Contracts, Art Files, Manuscripts, Schedules. Within our Manuscripts folder are sub-folders (e.g., Anthologies, Fiction, Nonfiction). You can customize or create as many file folders as needed, but hopefully this gives you some example of the options available to you. It's also very easy to rename, delete, and move files. Another great feature is that deleted files can still be accessed for 30 days. Always good in case a file is unintentionally deleted. Admins can also synch Dropbox to their laptops for easy file search and navigation.
ConsThere is really nothing I do not like about using DropBox Business. The storage size of 3 TB far exceeds what we currently need, but this is not a bad thing. The pricing is competitive. The home page of your account will display Recent files, which is great if you are working on the same file over a period of days or weeks. I simply cannot think of a single negative about this storage solution.
September 5, 2019
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2019

“good product but needs improvement”

OverallStill better than not having a shared server at all. Has a large amount of space offered so we don't have to worry about losing files. Licenses and teams are also easy to manage.
ProsThe ability to access files anytime, anywhere, especially from a mobile device. Intuitive and always evolving to be better. It's also widely known so most people don't need much training on it.
ConsLack of customer support - they just refer you to guides and FAQs. We also received no help in our initial setup and after having the software for a while, there are countless things we could have done better to share and organize our folders. Glitchy sometimes - on multiple occasions I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the desktop app to make it work Files are not collaborative enough. At this point, you'd imagine Dropbox would work like google sheets where you and someone else can edit the same document at the same time. But instead, you have to deal with conflicted duplicate files. Billing could be explained better. We have multiple entities in our business and need to split our bill regularly but dropbox doesn't make it easy to code specific users or licenses to specific entities under the overarching business account
August 29, 2019
Edward S.
Sales And Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
August 26, 2019

“Dropbox Business Review.”

Overall Our company has solved the great problem of not being able to save amounts of information, files or transactions, because we did not have a safe place to store these important documents, that is why we lost a lot of information, important documents, valuable transactions for us, also that we had that change the computers monthly, because they were saturated and we could not recover them, thanks to this software, all these problems were solved, now these documents are not lost, they are automatically saved in the cloud and With just a few clicks, we have access to all of them , which facilitates our work and allows us to finish jobs in our homes that were incomplete or that need more time to do them, we could send them to the cloud, download them to our home, terminals and recharge, exponentially increasing the productivity of the company.
ProsDropbox is very easy to use, just take a few minutes to register and once this is done, you can save any amount of information you want in the cloud, important documents, photos, files, transactions, empty your computer or mobile phone to not slow them down. or saturate them with information, and you will not lose any file due to damage or theft of your computer, since synchronizing it with your device or computer will automatically save any file, making it one of the safest methods to save files in the world. It should be noted that you can share any document or information with anyone who uses the program, without having full access, only what you want.
ConsThe drawback is the limited space available for the cloud, since it can save a large number of files, but there comes a time when it reaches this limit and you must pay a special fee to add more memory to the cloud, which I consider very high for the common user or the company that is thinking of acquiring this software, in addition to the folders can not be customized, so you can not specify well to be each, I hope that in future updates you can correct these small details, but In general It is excellent software.
August 26, 2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Dropbox Keeps Our Documents Safe, Secure, and Easy to Access”

OverallWe use Dropbox Business in our office to keep our records in one place for our team. It's especially helpful because we have certain files that are shared across the entire company, and then we also have certain files only used for my own team. It's very easy to create a file, upload a document, and share it with other people. It's also far more secure than other platforms in terms of keeping log of confidential information.
ProsI love that it is easy to create a folder and have it shared with many people at one time. It's also great to have this set up on my computer in my own Quick Access files, so I can just drag and drop documents from my saved documents and downloads into a Dropbox file. My company has always used dropbox, and having the business account gives us enough space so we can keep all our records in one secure place.
ConsIt's not quite as complex and doesn't quite offer the features of Google Drive or other cloud storage platforms, but it is simple and it does the job. It is also very easily cluttered when you have too many people sharing things across platforms.
August 15, 2019
Sara S.
Academic Advisor
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
July 17, 2019

“Dropbox: Quality for Use!”

OverallOverall, this has been an absolutely fabulous product and software for us to use. We recommend it to campus partners, our students, and our new staff always love having access and training to use this!
ProsI think that this software was very ahead of its time when it came out. On campus unfortunately some of our students experience difficulty in saving onto university drives in areas such as our student union building, or in our libraries. Having access to a software like this allows them to safely store and save information, and doesn't clog up any home screens or memory on their own personal devices. The free trials have been excellent for our team to test out this product! I like that there are different plans that you can purchase based on how much you need to save, and there are additional cool features like sharing permissions, audits, and support options. Something that really stood out to me was the fact that you can get phone or chat support. Chat support is SO, SO ideal for our team to use since we are constantly on our computers and always on student phone calls, so being able to utilize chat while we are still able to do work is an incredible feature and a really big win for us! The storage space on the "Standard" plan is an insanely good deal for us and the amount of information we need to store. The remote wipe has also been an amazing security feature and helps with peace of mind. Knowing that you can use the features for the smart syncs and operate off of the admin dashboards has been really fun for us, we have loved doing group trainings to learn about these things and to also learn about the amount of apps you can connect to and utilize with this!
ConsI don't have anything that I didn't like! One of the best features that our students and team have discussed is that you can use the thirty day free trial truly for free; you don't need to provide a credit card which is a big plus for us; so many of our students don't want to enter in that kind of personal information and this is just such a fantastic option for them. Something that stands out about this product compared to competitors is that you can get billed yearly or monthly. This is a big plus to us as we can do mass purchases for our teams to store on for one yearly fee so we just have to allocate one purchase card order instead of doing them every month if we had utilized the monthly option.
July 17, 2019
samuel t.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
May 17, 2019

“Dropbox is a good cloud storage platform Dropbox Business makes it Better”

OverallFor a Graphic Designer, Dropbox has been the most useful tools for me to deliver project to my clients for the past 6 years. It is easy to navigate and sharing of files to a third party is simple and convenient using the Share Link feature. Dropbox has helped a lot in my business and backups; Dropbox Business expands my experience with more storage and other features. The mobile apps makes it even easier to use, I can easily view, edit and share my files anywhere I am, without waiting to use the PC. Throughout the years of using Dropbox, I have no trouble with my files; they are safely stored on the cloud.
ProsDropbox is recommended it for anyone looking for ease to use online storage. There is clean user interface, easy to learn for new users. Dropbox made it possible to share files to a third party, manage file's permissions, and allow users to protect their files with password, this helps user's file locked to unauthorized access. My favourite will be the Add to my Dropbox feature. With this, I don't have to download files shared to me; I can just transfer them to my Dropbox account with a single click, no matter the size. Dropbox have a perfect synchronizing feature called Smart Sync that allows users to use a single account on multiple devices easily. Dropbox created a convenient environment for their users, with mobile app for both Android and iOS users and also a PC app, which are more convenient to use. The PC App create a folder on the PC which all already files on the Dropbox account automatically sync to the PC which makes downloading unnecessary, also the folder is a perfect way to upload to Dropbox with easy Copy and Paste, other benefit of using Dropbox App is the ability to pause uploading of files. Dropbox offers a free Basic account with 2G available storage for each sign ups, which is a small storage for professional users. Over the years, I had to upgrade my basic account to PLUS account which offer additional storage space of 3TB and some other features. Dropbox offer 30 days Free Trial on Business Account which is good to test the plan.
ConsDropbox offers are clean with a stress-free platform that I can hardly think of a disadvantage, but I will say the first major problem I have with Dropbox, which is inability to pause uploading of files on the webpage. Before the apps are available, uploading of files can be frustrating; any interruption to the internet connection to the PC will make the uploading to starting all over, which is why I recommend using the apps. The Free Basic Account is limited to 2GB which is small amount of space and users need to upgrade the Plus Account. And for some reason, Monthly payment options are more expensive than Yearly payment options, which is ridiculous.
May 17, 2019
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
May 4, 2019

“Ahead of it's time when it came out, and now... not so much”

ProsFor obvious reasons, this is the most well-known cloud storage platform available. It pioneered the category and has been incredibly useful and valuable to many personal users, small businesses and more. Selective Sync is a great feature (when it works properly) which allows users to select only certain files to sync to their device from a large folder, rather than the root folders themselves. Team collaboration and the desktop app for Windows and OSX are serviceable, for the most part.
ConsI get headaches when I create the endless laundry list of ways that Dropbox has fallen to the wayside compared to newer offerings like Box and Google Drive. Specifically for medium-sized businesses, I would absolutely NEVER recommend using Dropbox for teams with storage bases larger than ~500GB. Selective Sync rarely works properly, and by default, LAN Sync is enabled in the desktop app. You might think, that sounds great! LAN connection has to be faster than regular internet syncing, right? Absolutely not the case if you have more than 4 computers in a general range of one another and an internet speed of >30mpbs (standard in most businesses nowadays). Not just in my business, but in many friends/clients/colleague's cases, the same problem plagues us all: the "online-only" and active sync is absolute garbage, and is almost false advertising. Being the de facto IT person in our business, I can't count on two hands how many times the entire DB feed clogs sync, to sometimes ~30K+ files in a pending queue, which never resolves itself, even over the weekend. Atrociously slow download and upload speeds plague the platform, even on good internet connection speed environments, since Dropbox throttles upload and download speeds by default. Why on earth would you do that by default? In short, don't walk, RUN away from using this program as fast as you can if you're a small-medium business looking for cloud storage. Use literally any alternative - Google Drive, Box, ANYTHING.
May 4, 2019
Behzod A.
Graduate Part Time Instructor
February 11, 2019

“One of the most trusted names in online cloud storage”

OverallOverall I prefer using DB over other cloud storage providers. Because Dropbox is widely accepted service among businesses and academia. This makes it easier when you are working with different teams on a project.
ProsI've been using Dropbox Business (DB) for about 5 years now and highly recommend it for anyone looking cloud service for storage, synchronization between different devices, and general file backup. Here are the pros of the service: 1) Extended File Version History: DB keeps historical versions of files and allows you to see or download different versions of your file for the last 120 days. If something goes wrong you can always download last successful version. This is one of my mostly used features; previously I manually saved each version of my files to restore if something goes wrong. 2) MS Office Integration: You can edit MS Office files even if you don't have Office software installed in your machine. You can use your browser to edit documents an changes will be automatically saved. 3) DB allows password protect and expirable shared links. Which is great if you're sharing sensitive documents. 4) DB comes with 3Tb worth of storage. 5) Learning curve and user interface: DB is super easy to learn, it satisfies needs of both technology newbies as well as technologically inclined people 6) A lot of third party applications work with your documents saved in Dropbox. If you open DB on internet browser and right click on file, DB will immediately offer different software options to OPEN/EDIT your files. Eg: PDF, photo editors, music/video players, etc. 7) Speed of synchronization is super fast, even if you're dealing with large Gb files.
ConsSo far I didn't have any issues with Dropbox. Developer keeps adding new and useful features, so nothing to complain about it.
February 11, 2019
Wendy R.
Accountant III / Business Intelligence Analyst
February 7, 2019

“Makes working at different locations easy”

ProsSometimes I work from home, sometimes I go into the office, sometimes I work off my laptop. Using Dropbox makes it so great not to have to worry about having the most recent version of files available. Years ago I had to e-mail myself the latest copies of spreadsheets when I knew I'd be working in a different location. The Smart Sync is a wonderful way to save disk space by customizing which files you want stored on your hard drive and which files you want stored only in the cloud. They've recently fixed an issue I was having with Windows search not being able to find the file names of files stored only in the cloud - now searching for file names of files stored in the cloud works with my Windows 10. I have been saved more than once by being able to go back to previous version of a file and restore it when unintentional changes had been made to a file. Being able to go back and restore deleted files has also been helpful. I love being able to access my files from any browser on any computer and on my mobile devices. Sharing files and folders is so easy by just giving the other person a link. At work, some teams that I am on use a shared folder to store files for the whole group to access.
ConsWhen I've had to contact customer service, sometimes I've felt like they didn't really understand my problem and provided solutions that didn't apply to my problem. Other times they've been great. Often I've been able to find information on their help section when I've had questions about a feature or problem, but not always.
February 7, 2019
Ross H.
Assistant Lecturer, Graduate Assistant, PhD student
February 6, 2019

“Probably my favourite cloud storage but it's expensive”

OverallI use dropbox for a variety of my academic requirements. I recommend the free version to my students for both assignment backup and group research collaboration. I use the business version to coordinate a variety of projects from research grant material and theses to, as mentioned previously, syncing my entire zotero library. Between both Dropbox for business and google drive, my cloud storage needs are met and I think that each offers enough unique benefits that I do not see myself opting out of wither anytime soon.
ProsI love how well file sync works and how reliable it is. For one of my primary uses of dropbox (Zotero library syncing) Dropbox is the only offering I've never had an issue with. I also like the variability in sync options from "full folder" to "smartsync" and in between. This helps keep the storage down on some of my portable devices without me having to go about the hassle of managing multiple accounts. Dropbox was one of the first cloud storage and sync offerings and I think the backbone they built their software on is still as strong as ever and the mobile versions are excellent too.
ConsThe biggest con to dropbox for business is that it is priced so far above the two main competitors that come to my mind (google drive and Onedrive). It's a shame because there are a lot of little things that just seem to be better implemented on dropbox. It's also sometimes fiddly to get it around a proxy server in the workplace an issue that has improved but still lingers (particularly with archaic proxies) and this is one of those things that can actually make a program unusable, because you quickly learn to rely on it and if it is not functioning you can lose a day of work easily without realising it.
February 6, 2019
Pamela G.
Marketing Manager
Packaging and Containers, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2018

“Clever and effective tool for file sharing and storage”

OverallDropbox is a great workspace to storage and organize any kind of files. It increases my productivity every day. I installed it on every device I use, both for work and personal purposes and I cannot live without it. In just a few clicks I can upload, download or view the files I need. The sharing possibility with everyone is a salvation when working with other teammates or external customers.
ProsIt is a complete online file sharing and storage service. You can register for free to Dropbox basic or you can decide to upgrade to Dropbox PLus (1TB of space) or to subscribe to the Dropbox Business Plan available in three different variants: Standard - Advanced - Enterprise. The Business Plan includes 30 days of free trial. By creating a Dropbox Basic account you get 2GB of space for free. You can increase your space by completing some steps provided by Dropbox, such as: Dropbox App installation on your device, referral programme, and so on. The Business Plan offers 3TB of space and many other additional features you might find on the website. You can easily upload, download and view your files that are stored in one single space and that could be always accessible and shareable with anyone through a simple web link. The files could be sort in specific folders and each folder could be shared with different person. One space, multiple uses. When you delete a file you can recover it for a certain time (determine by the active plan). Thanks to Dropbox's Smart Sync, your devices will always be synchronized and your files always available. Delta-updates cleverly manage amended files. When you edit a single word of an already uploaded file, Dropbox will only upload the variation preserving the rest. LAN syncing among devices on the same local network You can set specific privacy conditions to each file you upload or share.
ConsCommercial initiatives to push users switching to paid plans are very intrusive. No business invoice for Plus, only for Pro. That makes not so much sense to me and could be a big issue for the company. It has a free useful alternative, not so advanced but really valuable: Google Drive.
November 9, 2018
Chad W.
Front-End Developer
Internet, 11-50 employees
October 21, 2018

“Still the easiest way to implement cloud storage”

OverallDropbox is one of the best cloud sync storage providers. Google Drive is a big contender and has been steadily improving, but Drive is trying to land a solid service while Dropbox's desktop sync software still shines.
ProsMy biggest advocation for Dropbox is how it integrates cloud backups into your computer's native file structure. Having on-computer search and version management is amazing. Just when their software was getting stale, Dropbox introduced their Smart Sync feature. Smart sync is a fantastic way to manage thousands of files easily on any device, whether that's a custom-made PC workhorse or a MacBook Air. Smart Sync surpasses Selective Sync in almost every way, but it's not perfect. Dropbox Business also introduces simultaneous personal and work accounts, which is fantastic. Because nearly everyone I know has a personal dropbox that they don't necessarily want backed up with work files. Dropbox handles these two accounts smoothly, letting you have two dropbox folders on your computer and allowing you to manage permissions individually. I prefer it over Box.com and OneDrive. Even though those pieces of software may have more admin management tools, they show their age by how cluttered and complicated those tools are to manage. Dropbox is simple so you don't have to spend more time managing users than you have to.
ConsThe way Dropbox handles their billing cycles is annoying and costly for rapidly adding and removing users. We use the annual billing cycle. If you go over your user cap, you have to pay for a full year of another user account immediately. Staying under your user cap doesn't get you a prorated rate and you don't get reimbursed for users you don't use. Versioning and file change management has always been good with Dropbox, but recently it's been making some larger mistakes that can take hours or even days to sync up, even with a small team. It would be good if you could set a folder or file owner who had specific privileges. Like only the owner can delete team-shared files, and the owner's version trumps version conflicts. Smart sync is great, but it still has some bugs - especially when new folders are added by other team members.
October 21, 2018
Brittany V.
VP Sales
Construction, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“Our company relies on Dropbox everyday”

OverallWorks great for our company, keeps us all connected, does what we need it to do. We rely on this heavily everyday.
ProsWe have this app setup on our desktops and iPads. It is a GREAT program to integrate with other programs such as Adobe PDF on my iPad. I rely on this heavily everyday for putting proposals together. It is so incredibly easy to save all of my sales proposals straight onto the dropbox app from my iPad Adobe PDF app which saves me so much time and energy. Our company could not function without Dropbox. All of our files are saved and shared through this software. When we receive purchase orders through the fax, my scheduling team is able to pull my sales proposals that I have put together without needing to ask me for them. The file is easy to move around, I can access this remotely from home which is nice.
ConsWe have had a lot of issues with lagging on our desktops, our IT technician told us that the slowness of our desktops was caused by the dropbox app. I am not sure if this is true or not.. I have also had issues with the dropbox file deleting from my desktop files in my favorites section, so I've had to go find it and drag it back out to my favorites on my mac desktop. The other issue is sometimes the file will get really slow and then not find the files at all, a question mark will pop up and it will say cannot connect to server, I then have to go to the top left of my desktop click on the "Go" tab and then click "Connect to server", and it will finally connect and load the files. I'm not sure if this is a setup issue but we have not had it as bad recently as it used to be..
August 21, 2018
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs

“Dropbox for teams!”

OverallDropbox has stood the test of time and the threats of similar (and cheaper) services available out there. It just goes to show the quality, bang-for-every-buck, ease of use, beauty, and simplicity of this service. Every single thing you love about personal Dropbox is now made collaborative and available for Teams and Businesses.
ProsI've been using Dropbox since it came out in 2007. It was one of the first and just worked for me. The limited space (2GB) had me take advantage of its additional space promo via inviting as many people to use it and therefore earn an extra 500MB from each one referred to Dropbox. Dropbox just works for me. It works on the background without much toll on my PC's resources. My teammates also have personal dropbox but we realized we needed more storage capacity, and we needed a way to work more collaboratively using the same space. This is when we decided to try Dropbox for Business. Everything you love about personal (free) Dropbox is made available to Team members! Shared space simplifies our workflow and file sharing/access. The limits as Dropbox puts it "As much space as needed" is a great assurance that we won't run out of storage space mid-way through the project. Our Infra/Systems Admin also likes Dropbox because certain tasks are facilitated for them, e.g., easy to setup Single-Sign-On (SSO) for authentication and Invites, Tiered admin roles and advanced admin console. Even our own company domain can be integrated and used for verification. Plus, devices that connect to the service may also be monitored and controlled. These are all crucial for security and operations management.
ConsSince this is Cloud-based, provisions on Internet bandwidth has to be ensured, otherwise, it may appear to be slow for your teams who work on files synced via the network.
Mario T.
Technical Account Manager
Internet, 51-200 employees
July 20, 2018

“If I could I would not use a hard drive on my mac, but a dropbox folder”

OverallCloud Storage as its best, forget about zipping, emailing, uploading to whatever hosting site your files, the best way to keep your files in the cloud is DropBox.
ProsYour every files and folder in one safe, secure place, easy to access and manage. Our company has a business account with several terabytes, it allows us to keep pretty much everything there, organized and managed. Our employees has access to their personal folders to keep their own files, and also with a set of automation we give them access to other folders, such as HR files, blueprints, etc. It is a great tool to keep also your files in sync, every time someone update a file or adds a file to a folder you will get it right away in your dropbox. The native apps allows you to also have several other feedback like real time notifications and keep a session always open. Dropbox allows you to have a local folder too, so in case you want to work offline you are also able to do it. One other plus, the support team, I contacted them because I had a problem to sign in into my account and they were able to solve my problem in minutes, I was expecting the always we will reply back in 1 biz day, DropBox support team will help you right away.
ConsIf you don't pay attention to the files you have in your local storage it can easily drain your hard drive space dry, there is no automation for removing large file or not often opened files, when you are collaborating on a folder it will just sits there in your local machine. It would be great if you could setup settings like, automatically remove files I haven't use in X time, or do not load files larger than X megabytes.
Ramon B.
Professor
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 1, 2018

“Dropbox is an application that allows users to store and synchronize files online and between comp.”

OverallThe benefits that I have obtained from dropbox are good and many since it has served to keep most of my personal documents well protected and able to access them from anywhere in the world with only having an internet connection
ProsIt is a storage service in the cloud that offers an excellent option to share a folder at a time. It offers applications for the most popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux among others and the possibility of synchronizing so that files are available on any device. It offers the possibility to see the photos in an online gallery. It allows us to obtain the download link of any file, share it or send it quickly to other users or simply copy it. Their applications have very clean and tidy designs, they offer us the right thing and no more than that, they are fast and efficient, and they are free in all their versions. It offers the possibility of using a virtual hard disk, it only requires an internet connection to be able to synchronize in other devices. Share files without adding mail and invite people to shared folders, although they can only see and not edit anything.
ConsIf you stop using it for a long time approximately more than three months I will start to tell you that you have to log in to your account so that it passes the inactivity status and if you do not do it in a short time they will cancel the Dropbox account you had with them, that is to keep your servers updated and be able to free space in them. In the computers and in general in any device, only the files that are saved in the folder called My Dropbox, which is automatically created in our account, are synchronized, what is outside that folder is considered private. Two people can not work in the same file because a copy of the same file is generated. It does not have the ability to play audio or videos. The free account can sometimes be very limited, you have to switch to a paid account. It does not have an offline mode, which allows you to view and edit the files when you do not have an Internet connection, when other services do offer it.
May 1, 2018
Furniture, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2018

“Reliable and fast-syncing cloud storage app with fair pricing”

OverallStoring and syncing files I use frequently between my devices
ProsTo me, the best aspect of Dropbox is that it syncs very quickly and consistently. I never have to wonder if it did or didn't sync my files or folders, which is a problem I've encountered with other apps. That, and it is simple enough to use that even the most computer illiterate people can usually figure it out. Just about everyone knows about it and has seen/used a Dropbox link before, so it makes life easier when trying to share files. The Pro plan (what I use) isn't a bargain, but for the reliability I'd say it's fair enough and worth paying for if you have the budget. It has built in video players, document and image viewers and audio players so that the person you're sharing with doesn't need an external application to view your file.
ConsFor Dropbox to be such a big company, I expect more options for managing and sharing my files, especially in the mobile app. Sometimes, it is very frustrating trying to figure out how to carry out a certain action, or worse, realizing there's no built in feature for that action at all. I'm not sure if this is Dropbox's way of trying to "dumb down" the application to try and simplify things for its users, but it sure would be nice for them to figure out how to strike a balance between usability and functionality. Also, it used to be easier to get a decent amount of storage with their sharing promos, but now the amount of storage available on free is outclassed by several other cloud apps, making it less appealing. They need an option between the free version and the Pro version for people who don't need more than 10 GB but not 1 TB of cloud storage.
March 31, 2018
Renewables & Environment, Unspecified
March 23, 2018

“Perfect when it works, catastrophic when it doesn't”

ProsIt's super easy to use. Because it just appears like another folder on your computer, it's seamless. The online version pairs well with it, giving access to previous versions, the ability to restore deleted files (priceless!), and a relatively granular ability to share files and folders with pretty much anyone. The best thing overall is just knowing that all my files are safely backed up in the cloud. If anything goes wrong with my computer, I can sync up dropbox on another computer and be ready to go.
ConsI have worked at two different companies where huge chunks of files disappeared from dropbox. In both cases we were told that it was our fault. In both cases it was the users "responsible" were the dropbox admins who weren't even working when it happened. In both cases, after some headaches and freakouts, the files were mostly restored. In the second case, though, not all the files were restored. The only way to tell what was missing was to log in to the web version, show deleted files, and look for the time stamp of when all the files were deleted. Then it was a matter of manually restoring those. We are still, over a year later, finding files that need to be manually restored. The second issue I have with the software is the navigation flow of the online web site. I am someone who navigates primarily with a keyboard when browsing to folders. This is impossible online. If I click "s" to go to a folder that starts with that letter, dropbox jumps to the first folder with that letter and selects the checkbox next to it. I can't keep typing letters to get to the specific folder I want within the s's. I also then have to uncheck the box that dropbox automatically selected in order to get to the folder I do want. The previous design of their web site didn't do this and the update frustrates me at least several times every week.
March 23, 2018
Leighton F.
Mr
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2018

“Dropbox Business is fast, its UI is simple, it makes storing and sharing of your files seamlessly.”

OverallPeace of mind knowing that Dropbox Business is in charge of my files. Also unlike other file storage options, Dropbox is fast, easy to navigate, and constantly evolving to improve its features. I'm able to seamlessly store and share large files, making it easy to collaborate on projects and work with employees regardless of your location. There are a number of ways to log into Dropbox, including a desktop app, online access, or an app for your mobile device. That means you can view, edit and share any documents you need with whatever device is most convenient. You gain peace of mind knowing that with files stored in Dropbox, hardware issues or other disasters will never compromise your data. Even if there's an issue with your in-office technology, you're able to keep on working and accessing whatever files you need.
ProsA big advantage for Dropbox Business is its ever growing API offerings, which supports a variety of programming languages and the technologies it integrates with. Also Dropbox Business lets your organizations create custom integration that extend Dropbox to a wide range of applications and services. Unlike other file storage options, Dropbox Business is fast, easy to navigate, and constantly evolving to improve its features. You're able to seamlessly store and share large files, making it easy to collaborate on projects and work with employees regardless of your location. There are a number of ways to log into Dropbox Business , including a desktop app, online access, or an app for your mobile device. That means you can view, edit and share any documents you need with whatever device is most convenient. You gain peace of mind knowing that with files stored in Dropbox Business , hardware issues or other disasters will never compromise your data. Even if there's an issue with your in-office technology, you're able to keep on working and accessing whatever files you need.
ConsDisadvantage of Dropbox Business. Slow tech support or lack of built-in editing, although Dropbox Paper has this feature to pick up the slack on that issue. The bigger issue with Dropbox Business is that it is strictly a cloud service, with no support for on-premises or hybrid implementations. Organizations must rely completely on Dropbox to protect sensitive data and privacy. They have no control over the security model, when patches are applied, how encryption keys are stored, where data and metadata are stored or any other aspects of the infrastructure. Organizations that consider Dropbox must weigh the security risks, while ensuring that the service can meet compliance regulations specific to the region where they do business. Dropbox stores all metadata in U.S. data centers, which may not be acceptable to organizations in other parts of the world.
February 20, 2018
Wyatt W.
Shift Commander
Public Safety, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2017

“Best thing since sliced cheese”

ProsI have lost so many files before this was available. I used to have backups, back up harddrives, back up raid systems, etc. They all failed at some point loosing thousands of files each time. Now I put all my files in dropbox. It doesn't matter what computer I sit down at, my files are there. I will move computers at work 3-4 times in a day or switch between my laptop and ipad during a meeting. Doesn't matter, the files are there. A coworker(boss) once deleted an entire folder with hundreds of documents! No problem, I logged into the website and brought them back to life and then changed the security to keep him out. Once you install this software, you tell it where your files are and you don't generally have to mess with the website. The files are in a folder on your computer and you just use them as you need. When you go to another computer, they will be there too. Your friends will see them too(if you share).
ConsNot a whole lot to complain about. Those that have low computer skills get confused by it. If you share a file or folder, they must respond to the email and accept the share. Then it just shows up in their dropbox folders. Those that don't use it regularly in particular because they cant ever find their password. In the end, it is easier than email. Every so often, I get a conflicted copy. I don't know why they happen sometimes and not others. You can actually have two people working on a doc at the same time with no problem. But, occasionally, it will make two versions. It is very difficult to figure out which one is the correct one when this happens.
September 5, 2017
Millie C.
Sr. Sales Operations Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
December 9, 2016

“Dropbox review”

OverallVery useful tool to share documents with people who have access to Dropbox, especially since our company doesn't have shared drives.
ProsDropbox is accessible from a web browser or in Windows Explorer. Files and directories are visible in Windows Explorer like other files and directories in other drives. Dropbox works just like any other folder on the computer but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to an account. Green check marks will appear next to the filename indicate that they're synced and up to date. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents. Users will receive email notifications of changes made. It was easy to install Dropbox and easy to invite others to join as well. Since Dropbox is available on the web, files are accessible from anywhere, on any device, and share them with anyone. Save files on your computer, then access them on the phone from the road. Everything you keep in Dropbox is synced automatically to all devices. Save any kind of file in Dropbox, from photos, videos, and music to Microsoft Office and Adobe files.
ConsSpace if limited for free download. The free personal account starts with 2 GB only. You can earn more space through referrals (an additional 500MB for every friend who joins, up to 16GB) and other actions (linking with Twitter, enabling camera uploads, and so on). Still, most other file-syncing and storage programs give you more than 2GB to start. Paid personal plans, called Dropbox Pro, include 1TB of space for a monthly or yearly fee. One of the most important benefits of having a Pro account is that it includes priority support. If something goes wrong, you'll want help figuring out what it was and where your files went. Without priority support, it's nearly impossible to get someone from Dropbox to assist you in real time. You'll have to reach out by email, Web form, or Twitter for help. In addition to priority support, Pro users also get some neat file-sharing functionality, such as the ability to control when links to shared files expire. One gripe Dropbox users had in the past concerned access to old files, and the company now offers a neat upgrade that solves this problem. For an extra fee per month or per year, you can add Extended Version History, which keeps previous versions of your files and deleted files for one year without them counting toward your allotted space.
December 9, 2016
Jose Luis F.
Data Analyst with R
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
February 20, 2019

“The best cloud of all for anyone who doesn't want to worry about their files like a champion.”

OverallThe problems it has solved the most is the satisfaction of knowing that my files have not been damaged although my hard drive, yes, then worth every penny invested, I lost nothing, gain experience, Dropbox can be trusted. It may have cost per subscription but protects what is most important to you, ie your business, your work, your daily effort, no longer put your hands on your head because that horrendous feeling of having lost something and it is irrecoverable is not something I want to deal with.
ProsThis is the cloud that has saved my photos, videos, pdf, Microsoft Office more than once when my computer has failed and I find the files in dropbox because the folders like Documents and the ones you add with just put the files there automatically uploads only have to install the program and add the folders you want to keep backed up. Back up the photos even on your cell phone if you activate it. It is very fast to upload large files but the PDF and DOCX files i.e. MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, uploads them considerably fast, by the way if you write enough theses or any other type of documents, then you should use this cloud and stop worrying about the files you could lose.
ConsI always use it to back up Microsoft Office files, PDF, PNG photos and JPG, I've even backed up videos but that takes a long time to upload but at least it doesn't congest my internet connection like Google DRIVE does. It is a subscription that you have to pay, then you must pay for what you need to use although you can try with a free account that allows you to get 2GB, it is very little but really do not regret giving him the confidence to protect your files, plus you can pay less than 13USD per month for the simplest version that provides you 3TB.
February 20, 2019
Michael Y.
Managing Member
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
December 26, 2018

“The Indispensable Software”

OverallI work in an industry where client docs are (a) voluminous, (b) sensitive, and (c) always changing. And I work on the road or from home a lot. So Dropbox is a total game changer--simply put, if it weren't for Dropbox, I'd be way more tied to my desk, way more stressed about the safety of my data, and would lose hours of time every year to saving/tracking/recovering old versions. There are a couple things that frustrate me from time to time (see above), but overall it's a phenomenal product and in my experience the best of the various file-management-in-the-cloud products. I don't know how I ever lived without it.
ProsI love having the confidence that what I see on my computer file system is securely stored off in the cloud--along with past versions and backups. The peace of mind is fantastic. So, I guess what I like most is: high level of data security, ease of synchronizing across platforms, automatic versioning, relative ease of sharing documents with clients and collaborators.
ConsI do wish the web interface was easier to navigate--same for versioning and collaboration. I usually access my company's Dropbox directly from my Mac's file system, and don't do a ton of collaboration, so it's normally a non-issue--but yeah, the web interface takes some getting used to. I also wish there were an option to quickly and easily share document files rather than links--sometimes you want to share a link, but often you don't want the recipient to have any kind of access to the dropbox file and don't want to have to mess with permissions and stuff. This would be particularly helpful on the mobile app.
December 26, 2018
Dennis C.
Recruitment Specialist
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees
August 17, 2018

“Multi-sharing? DropBox is the man!”

OverallDropbox Business is very helpful in categorizing all of the projects that you have. It also makes it easy for us to collaborate especially if you are working with team members who are not based in the same location. Dropbox Business makes it easy for everyone to access and upload such files as well because you can open it using a downloaded app, and even on its web version.
ProsWe use Dropbox Business at work in order for us to neatly categorize each project or each searches or openings we are recruiting for. Dropbox Business makes it easy for us to know which candidate or client is in process for a certain project or search. It makes project management easy for us by being orderly. Dropbox Business is also the reason why it is easy for us to collaborate within our team in managing a certain project. For a person who is working in a company that is evenly spread all around the world, Dropbox Business helps us collaborate and practice team work in doing our project management tasks. It is a great office-wide file sharing platform that let's everyone in the project edit presentations, and check each presentations real-time.
ConsThe only thing I least like about Dropbox Business is that when two people are doing edits at the same time for a single presentation we get conflicted copies. I hope Dropbox Business up their game by resolving this error. Instead of having a conflicted copy, I hope the 2nd person who opens the presentation gets a prompt beforehand so that he can get the attention of who anyone is opening the same file.
Meagan D.
Office Administrator
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2019

“Sharing on Dropbox is Great!”

OverallOur company is very happy using Dropbox Business. The amount of sharing and ease of use has helped saved us countless hours over the years and minimized the effort it takes to keep the most updated file saved for everyone to use. No sending files backing and forth and losing track of which one has everyone's edits. Dropbox Business has also allowed us to share files across different branches of our business with quick updates. Our art director can quickly add/edit a file and our production team can have access to it within seconds and can go back to use it time and time again.
ProsMy favorite feature of Dropbox is the Selective Sync. This is so helpful because our team has SO MANY FILES stored, but I do not personally need all of those files on a day-to-day business. I can still access them if I need to, but they don't have to take up space on my computer. Dropbox also makes it easy to share the most updated version of a file. Just send a link or tell a team member what folder it is in.
ConsSometimes it would be nice for multiple people to work on the same document at the same time... Google does this very well. Over the features of Dropbox are much better than Google Drive. We have tried both and have decided Dropbox Business is definitely the best option for our company.
September 11, 2019
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2019

“Great for business sharing documents, team work”

OverallWe use DropBox to share real estate information. Details about properties and underwriting. It's convenient to have all of the corporation's information on deals being worked on in one single drive.
ProsEasy to drag and drop documents to share and edit sharing options.
ConsRecent significant price increase does not feel justified, even with the slight storage increase. I don't like using their web platform because I find the layout clunky and wasteful of screen space. Plus their menus could be improved.
June 19, 2019
Patricia S.
Writer & Designer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Grateful daily”

OverallWe use Dropbox every day to keep our teams organized and collaborate on documents and folders inside and outside our organization. We cant imagine doing our work without it!
ProsEvery day, I'm grateful for Dropbox and the visionary leadership in our IT department that saw this revolution coming and jumped on the Dropbox for Business train before anyone really knew how much we would come to value and depend on this solution. Dropbox has enabled me to work literally anywhere in the world and always have my files with me, ready to pick up on a plane, in another country wherever life takes me. Document sharing is no longer an issue, not only when working with team members, but those outside my team too. I can share a folder, knowing that even when I leave on a no-communication vacation everything is accessible and available.
ConsThere's very little not to love about Dropbox. The only frustrations we can continue to experience are those of our own making. Complex file structures, redundant documents, etc. We're eternally grateful for Dropbox's trash feature, ensuring nothing is ever really gone when deleted and have used that to recover quite a few files. Some team members find it disconcerting that a document is not really their own, and could disappear or be edited by others on the fly, but there is always the option to save local copies if that is a concern. The smart sync feature is another must-have that helps keep documents off your hard disk and in the cloud.
Khuram Z.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 2, 2019

“Dropbox for business - where have you been all my life?”

OverallOverall, Dropbox Business is awesome and I strongly recommend it for anyone interested in running a modern, 21st century company. It removes bottlenecks in information sharing and is far more secure due to it's ability to remove users. Lastly, it has two factor authentication. It's affordable, secure, and convenient.
ProsAs a digital agency owner, virtually all of our projects require collaboration. We have designers, developers, marketers, and account managers. As such, our projects must be accessible by not only our team members, but also freelancers we may hire and even clients who want to preview projects before they go to production. We tried out other services like Google Docs to host our file sharing but that didn't work. For years, we each used just our own dropbox folders but then eventually that capped out. We finally switched over to Dropbox Business and that was the best decision we ever made. It became incredibly easy for us to share all of the various assets we have as a company, set user permissions, and easily add and remove people. As a business owner, I have complete transparency on all of the digital assets of my business now and don't have to run around chasing after people to remind them to share their files with other people. It's expedited the speed of our business and has removed unnecessary bottlenecks in our project management processes.
ConsWhile I love the main features, setting up users and removing them is a bit confusing. You can invite people to folders but you're actually supposed to set up licenses. If you don't set up the user permissions properly, people can't access folders or vice versa and it can be a frustrating experience. Additionally, sometimes folders don't always sync properly for whatever reason and you have to delete / reinstall folders.
March 2, 2019
Shahzad K.
Principal Attorney
February 17, 2018

“Dropbox provides a superb document storage solution. ”

OverallIt has increased my productivity and allows me to collaborate and work with clients with ease, any where in the world.
ProsWhat can I saw about Dropbox. In my private practice I have been using Dropbox for about 2 years. But, prior to my own practice, I have used it at other law firms and have had the personal free account as well. Its very easy to use. Create folders, within folders, and drag and drop documents into Dropbox. In my own practice, Dropbox for business is where I store all my client files. In addition, in my employment based immigration practice, Dropbox comes in handy when I need documentation from clients to prepare employment based petitions. Sending an email from Dropbox to the client or beneficiary allows them to easily collaborate with me in a particular folder. Dropbox is very easy to use and clearly has increased my productivity as my files are available to me 24/7 and anywhere in the world. Most importantly I love the mobile app where I can look up on my phone a document that I stored and forward it via email to my client. I do not need to be in front of a computer to use Dropbox. I can use it anywhere.
ConsThere have been some glitches here in there. But, their technical staff has been very helpful in correcting issues and providing alternate means for my clients to collaborate with me on particular files in the cloud. I do not have anything that I do not like about the software solution.
February 17, 2018
Hank P.
Owner/Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 19, 2019

“Dropbox - a great tool!”

OverallI work remote so I use Dropbox to access documents from both my laptop and my smart phone. It allows me the freedom to only have my phone and still access what I need. I also love the scanning feature that allows me to scan document directly into my files. eg. business receipts!
ProsI love how easy Dropbox is to use. I can have documents on my laptop and my phone and have access to them at anytime. I work remote and sometimes need to do things quickly from my smart phone (iPhone() and Dropbox allows me to do that. I also love the scan feature that allows you to scan a document directly into my folders! Super helpful with business receipts!
ConsMy only complaint about Drobox is that I can't send a document as an attachment. It sends a link. Now, this could be a user error on my end, but I have not spent enough time trying to learn how to send a document as an attachment. So, if that is a feature you are looking for, do more research!
August 19, 2019
Kevin M.
Worship Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2016

“Dropbox has streamlined our file storage”

OverallWe use Dropbox Business as our primary file storage solution at our church. We have an account for all staff. It makes it incredibly easy to access the files we need from any location. Sharing links couldn't be simpler. I also use the iPhone app to capture receipts on the go. One thing to keep in mind is the need to upload anything you're going to store/use in Dropbox. Large files can take a while depending on the speed of your Internet connection. I also have to throttle the upload speeds on everyone's Dropbox app or it chokes our cable modem and crashes our connection. This is a problem I really with they could fix. There's something about the "automatic" upload speed management that just doesn't work for us. Whenever our Internet goes down, I can usually trace it to someone uploading a video or other large file on an unthrottled connection. That being said, it's my only significant gripe. Their customer service has been fantastic. And their policy of giving as much storage as we need makes me more than happy to pay their price. We pay per user, knowing that as our storage needs grow, our fee will only grow when we add users to the account. Dropbox Business also includes unlimited versioning and undelete. This has saved my bacon multiple times. Make a change to a file you aren't happy with? Go online and restore a previous version! Someone delete one of your files from a shared folder? No more tracking them down to get it back. Just go online and use the undelete feature.
ProsEasy access to files Simple sharing via links or shared folders Unlimited undelete and versioning Selectable sync so I don't have to download everything to all the computers I use
ConsUpload speed needs to be automatically managed so it doesn't choke modems out
November 9, 2016
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“The gold standard for file sharing and syncing”

OverallI primarily use Dropbox to collaborate on design files in Sketch with my colleagues. This makes it easy for multiple people on a team to work from the same base file without having to constantly figure out which version is the most recent. I also use Dropbox to share assets that require company-wide access, such as slide decks, logo files, training documents, and more. It just works.
ProsOnce Dropbox has been set up, which is a fairly straightforward process, it's an incredibly streamlined application. I primarily use the desktop version of Drobox, which runs in the background and seamlessly syncs files across any number of devices. Dropbox has been key in facilitating collaboration-gone are the days of having to request files from colleagues and waiting hours for responses. Dropbox also keeps records around version history and editing, which comes in handy in assessing who made what changes to what documents. Overall, compared to similar products like Google Drive, Dropbox is the gold standard for file synchronization.
ConsIn my experience with the web client, there are some limitations as far as viewing/previewing certain types of files. Aside from that, it would be nice for Dropbox to include some features around branching and merging of documents, though I understand that logistics around the many possible file types within a Dropbox account would make such a feature difficult to implement.
April 25, 2019
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2018

“Dropbox has revolutionized the way we do business”

OverallDropbox have revolutionized the way we do business. We have been able to not only streamline our business practices, but we are saving hundreds of dollars in ink and paper costs, not to mention using much less paper, which is better for the environment.
ProsI am the assistnt tot a real estate agent, and Dropbox has truly allowed us to take our business mobile. Prior to using Dropbox, we had large file folders full of paperwork that my boss carried around in her car with her. If I needed access to any of the files, she would need to scan and email them to me. Once I implemented Dropbox, we immediately saw results. We spent less time trying to navigate and negotiate hard copy files, and more time acquiring new business. Between implementing Dropbox and a digital signature program, we saw an amazing increase in our efficiency and we were able to do more deals in less time.
ConsOne of the things I dislike is how Dropbox will not save my bosses login information on her iPhone. It may be user error, however it is a bit clunky to have to enter login information every time she needs to view files. Also, with the app it is hard to see complete file names. This becomes a problem for us, especially because we start out the name of each file with the address of the property. As a result, the rest of the file name is cut off and it is hard to find what we need.
September 11, 2018
Jada C.
Executive Admin Assistant
March 20, 2018

“Dropbox is one of the best business tools I've used for file storage, sharing, and collaboration.”

ProsI love the flexibility of the program. I can literally setup and organize files in any way I need. There is no set template to restrict how we want it arranged. I also love the ease of use: this is one of the easiest cloud storage programs I've ever used. Upon first setup, we used the free, basic version, but very quickly chose to upgrade to a greater amount of space. At no time have I ever felt the need to contact customer service due to having trouble using the software. I have Dropbox installed on every device I use (including my tablet and mobile phone), and the experience is seamless every time. Dropbox is even easy to use for coworkers who are not computer savvy, and they appreciate that it isn't very complicated. One particular feature I appreciate is the photo view. We often share large format photos between coworkers and various vendors. The viewer in Dropbox always gives a clear, large picture in high resolution, and the pictures typically don't take forever to load.
ConsThe desktop app: it will glitch at times, particularly if there is an update. It seems to get hung up on itself on occasion, but a simple restart usually restores the app to full use. There are also times when the Dropbox team will push an update through, and the PC app will be unavailable for a time, or it will get stuck in a loop. I have had the experience of receiving a notification that it was preparing and installing an update... I got that same message for 3 days. In this instance, I found that I had to uninstall and reinstall the PC app. But when reinstalled the software, it worked just fine and easily connected to my account without any issue.
March 20, 2018
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
Internet, Self-employed
December 5, 2018

“dropbox business”

Prosuser interface; Dropbox has been in the business of document management and file hosting long before it became cool and their age in the business saw to it that they perfectly understood what the business needs and what it takes to win consumers over to their side, an intuitive an easy to use design and that's exactly what the team came up with and adapted. Top-notch, complex yet simple file management system; the options available for files shared on your dropbox business are near unlimited as you can set permissions to have files viewed by either you alone as the account owner, your team, the public or exclusively those with the decryption key/password of the file you have decided to password. Security; asides having your files in the cloud and being able to share them with whomever it is you choose to share them with, Dropbox business also ensures your business stays at such, as there is no way your files are getting out into the wrong hands with their top level integrated security services. Customer service; it is one thing to have a customer care service, it is another to leave customers satisfied after going through your business help representatives, Dropbox business incorporates a knowledge base to help with any difficulty you are facing on the website and if that doesn't seem to get you sorted, you can as well resort to their live chat for further help.
ConsLack of an online editing tool; when dealing with businesses, it gives a great deal of joy to be able to get all of your things sorted on a page without having to open multiple tabs or be forced to visit another website/platform, with a Dropbox business account, you are forced to do so when you need to make changes to your files that are already in the cloud, as you will be redirected from your Dropbox business account to Microsoft office login/signup page to get yourself sorted by either signing up for a new account with extra bucks as subscription fees or login to an already existing account with Microsoft online. Lack of ocr; Dropbox business mobile app lacks a feature that has been adopted by serious minded cloud based file management firms i.e. optical character recognition, a feature that helps with recognition of printed characters or in this case characters on a document captured via the mobile phone's camera.
December 5, 2018
Design, 11-50 employees
August 17, 2018

“Great software for source of truth and sharing”

ProsDropbox is great as a sharing and source of truth tool, where the live or 'up to date' version of documents can be stored and shared easily. As an archive of reference point for projects, learning resources, or other documents, Dropbox does the job.
ConsSyncing is painful - when other people upload videos it can slow the internet down for everyone in the office. Laptop storage also diminishes quickly even if we select which folders to sync, because *new* folders are added and sync automatically. Also - what's good about Dropbox is also what's bad about it - it's great for static sharing, but not for collaborating. Collaborating on last-minute presentations through Dropbox led to painful conflicts and clashes. My employer got google business email and the G suite with it, and we've now started using google docs/slides etc. because they're great for real-time collaborating - but we're still using Dropbox for static-document storage because the online-only Drive storage is messy. We're now at the point where - I think - as soon as someone suggests that we use Drive on our desktops instead of Dropbox, we'll be dropping Dropbox altogether. I'd rather Dropbox because I'm averse to big tech and monopolies - but the email and real-time collaborating has meant Google will likely win my employer (and me, reluctantly,) over.
siva k.
Solution Architect
January 27, 2018

“Secure and Easy to Use cloud storage Service”

ProsBest in class document management system with unlimited storage. One can try it for free for 30 days. Dropbox for business starts with 2 terabytes of storage and one can request for more space free of charge, once the initial 2 TB is used up. There are Advanced options available as well, which come with various administration controls, single sign on etc. Dropbox for business can be connected with ones personal account, so that one can access all the documents at one place. The Administrator can monitor activity via a dashboard. The deleted files can be restored at any time. The admin can pull out 'Full activity reports' by date range too. One can share a folder or link, which one can set as public or one can restrict it. If one don't want a file or folder to be public, one can password protect it, restrict it to only team members, and/or set an expiration date. One can set editing permissions for documents,folders and files. Dropbox for business comes with a Desktop App, which is very handy when sharing larger files. Further, it also has Mobile apps for Android and iOS. The mobile apps comes with superior document scanning capabilities.
ConsDropbox for business does not have built in editing tools. One can edit the documents with Microsoft 365 provided one has the license forMicrosoft 365. The mobile scanning feature is a image capture capability and not with optical character recognition capability.
January 27, 2018
Ravinder B.
Consultant
Legal Services, 501-1000 employees
June 21, 2019

“One of the best file sharing and Online File storage application - Must have productivity tool”

OverallIn business, sometime you have heavy files such as more than 25 MB which can not be delivered using outlook, so Dropbox is an easy solution. For file transfer within organization, we use folder sharing feature. For sharing a heavy file outside with clients, we use link sharing feature. Overall, Dropbox helped in achieving a better collaboration.
ProsFolder sharing option and weblink sharing option. Folder sharing option allows you to share the content/files of a folder with multiple people. Once you have shared the folder with the people of interest, all need to do is put any file in the folder and Dropbox do the synchronization work you. If you don't want to share the folder, it allows you to share a weblink of a file to dropbox/non-box users. Integration with a media player, Microsoft word, pdf and much more. If you don't want to download the file and want to see it, simply click on open the file. Media files can be directly played in an in integrated player. Simple user interface and easy folder management. Allows you to set permission on the shared files such view, edit, comment etc.
ConsSubscription cost is little bit higher than other competitors. Data Security issue, sometime back there was a major data breach at the Dropbox servers. I hope now they have taken some more measures to improve data security.
June 21, 2019
deba o.
IT Support executive
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
May 15, 2019

“An exceptionally helpful tool for sharing data and files with clients and team members”

OverallDropbox helped us reduce the amount of paper that was used in our office while also it increased response time for otherwise slower interactions across the board.
ProsDropbox for business is the best file sharing tool that we ever used in my former workplace. We could easily add and remove users as well as view invoices all from the admin interface while All Connected devices can easily be viewed from the admin end. It is fast, synchronization and sharing were instantaneous across all users. We had no issues with MACS or windows as it worked fine on both of them. The desktop app allowed us to drag and drop large files at one location and everyone else can have access to it (once they are logged in) thereby reducing wasted time and repetitive actions. I liked that you can specify the number of users and even create folders for them to work within their own space inside Dropbox. It is very secured as those without a password can view and download ONLY the file link sent to them and nothing else. We were also able to set an expiration time for some links.
ConsSecurity is solely from dropbox since service is cloud-based which can put some organization at risk with their sensitive data been exposed to dropbox owner's end. Dropbox does not provide any physical support for on-site issues but their online care is great. Dropbox business consumes plenty of data and should be used with unlimited non-metered connection.
May 15, 2019
Sanchita A.
Software Engineer
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
March 30, 2019

“Dropbox Business: An enterprise solution for managing the files.”

OverallThe Dropbox business helps in maintaining the files and enhanced user interface with customzied branding is really interesting. Link expiry and publish is one of the most innovative feature. The file level action can also be easily tracked by the team admin. The unlimited API request is also great feature which can be customzied as per the need.
ProsDropbox business is one of the best cloud storage solution for objects. The file sync option also come with the LAN and sync streaming features. Linux support is best and exclusive features that are provided by the Dropbox only. Advance sharing permission which allow the protect file with password and option like link expiry. Controls can be also inherited fully and partially. The remote wipe option help in cleaning the data. Dropbox business come with the features like device approvals and two-factor authentication give a one level up security.
ConsDropbox business should enhance the user interface for network control to manage the team access as it needs a lot to dig at the time of auditing the tiered administration. Cloud is one of the more vulnerable place to keep your personal data if it comes with no sufficient security and encryption but two factor authentication and various level of auditing make it a reliable platform. File Versioning in Dropbox business edition should be at least 180 days.
March 30, 2019
Colin M.
Consultant
December 29, 2018

“Dropbox - the easiest way to share files outside your organisation”

OverallWe work with clients who may be using a variety of cloud storage systems - Microsoft OneDrive, SharePoint Libraries, Google Drive, Box, etc., - or on-premise storage. When you need to share files with multiple stakeholders, we've found Dropbox generally works best for everyone. Easy to use and minimises security risks as you don't provide access to corporate systems.
ProsWhen you need to share files with people outside your organisation, Dropbox is often the best solution. Many already have a Dropbox account and for those that don't, it's a simple process to set one up. That means you don't have to worry about giving access to content within your company systems and the attendant security concerns that arise from this. If you want external contracts, consultants or other stakeholders to share files with you, you can create a request link where they can upload the requested files even if they don't have a Dropbox account. Dropbox seems to have nailed the file sharing process better than other cloud storage providers; when you are working with multiple stakeholders with different corporate systems, Dropbox is likely to be your easiest option for all concerned.
ConsAs with all cloud storage solutions, there is a potential security risk, but this is largely down to the people who use it rather than the software itself.
December 29, 2018
Maru K.
Project Manager / Project Architect
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Best cloud storage ever”

ProsI like that for the Business Edition, you can use file history to restore or change save versions. It is nice to be able to have a backup without using shadow copy or other restoration tools. And the version history is saved on the cloud so it does not use up more storage space. Dropbox has been well established now that it can be integrated into many softwares such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. It doesn't feel as limited as some other cloud storages. Another big plus for me is the option to choose which folders or files are only on cloud, meaning, you can still see them on your file browser but it won't be downloaded until you tell it to. This allows you to free up storage space on your local hard drive which is important when the dropbox folder is shared amongst a whole company with files you do not need to have stored.
ConsI still don't like the fact that it takes up storage space in my hard drive. I like having the ability to have 1TB of cloud space, but doesn't equate to needing 1TB of local hard drive space. I feel that cloud storage should be just that. storage space in the cloud, but having to have the files be on a local drive drive to sync makes it less of a cloud storage tool but a storage space syncronization tool.
December 12, 2018
Alexandra A.
Supervisora de Acompañamiento y Gestión Comunitaria
May 9, 2018

“Storage system that provides the convenience of not having to worry about losing the pen drive”

OverallIt helps to have your files organized, it is a very simple and easy to use platform. In addition, it allows you to obtain the download link of any file, share it or send it quickly to other users or simply copy it. Have very clean and tidy designs, they offer us the right thing and no more than that, they are fast and efficient, and they are free in all their versions
ProsIt is one of the first storage systems that became popular in the cloud. It is simple and functional, providing you in free version 2.5 gb of storage capacity in the free version of the service and offers you options to get free space, either inviting others to use dropbox, sharing folders and others. It offers you the option to download the dropbox application on your computer, but it is not mandatory, you can use the software through your computer or from any device that is linked to your dropbox account, which you can also link to your Google account. This helps you save space on your hard drive. It allows to share documents, photos and other in direct formats that you can order in folders and share with other people to whom you can give you the opportunity to edit the content. it allows you to create personal accounts, but you can also create an account to manage and organize work files.
ConsInitially 2 GB of storage were sufficient, currently it is a limited space. The rate to go up in category and get more space is expensive compared to other file storage services, such as google drive. You must have an internet connection to use the service. Although it allows another person to edit the document, several people can not work at the same time in the same document because copies of the file are created.
May 9, 2018
Adam P.
Chief Executive Officer
February 26, 2018

“Dropbox offers a great product, but lack of contract flexibility means I cannot recommend it”

OverallDropbox does a great job of syncing files, and if many of your users have multiple computers (laptop for travel, developer workstations, etc) then it might have some advantages over another solution that does the same things.
ProsAbove all Dropbox does just what it was designed to do: sync files. With the addition of the ability to do a on-demand sync the functionality is really just what you need. It does a great job of making files available on the move, re-syncing causes very little duplication, it just works and you don't have to think too much about it. That said, when you do want to think more about it you really have a lot of options to control access to files, to share with others, to limit how users in your enterprise can share with others, really the whole thing. I can't think of an important function of file management and sharing that the software didn't give us.
ConsAll of that said, the lack of customer service and the onerous contract terms for a small business means that I can't recommend this solution. But, and it is a big but, once we got up and running we began to have issues with users (at the time who were using Windows 7) began to have issues with the Dropbox application folder (not the data being sync'd but the actual install folder) taking up the whole hard disk on their laptops.
February 26, 2018
Josip L.
Sales Manager
Retail, 1-10 employees
July 20, 2019

“Save anything to your online box - Dropbox”

ProsForgot your USB flash drive? No problem, everything is in your private and secure cloud storage which you and your team can access no matter where you are in the world. Dropbox Business is great for businesses as you get storage as much as you want and need. Everyone always has the latest version of the document because everything is automatically saved as you type it. You also get access to all the revisions of documents so in case anything gets wrong you can see which user from a team made mistake and revert to the correct version. Everything is encrypted with a strong SSL and TLS encryption so you can keep even top secret files on this Dropbox because it is almost impossible to decrypt files without knowing the real password.
ConsI don't like integration with Office 365 because it didn't work well for our team. When few members simultaneously worked on the same document it was a real mess when using Office 365. Maybe was that because our team had the outdated Office 365 version but not the Dropbox problem but we didn't have time to upgrade our Office 365 applications. Also, there is a limit of 120 days for file recovery which isn't stated clearly on their website when we were purchasing this product.
July 20, 2019
Liam S.
Innovation Designer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
April 28, 2019

“File handling like a boss”

OverallDropbox for Business keeps not only my team organized, but our entire company and provides us shared knowledge and touchpoints for file handling. We're grateful this enterprise solution is available.
ProsDropbox handles files the way you would hope we would be doing in the 21st century. Our team uses Dropbox for Business to its full extent and love the advanced features like the timestamp comment on videos. This is hugely helpful when sharing and reviewing videos with each other. Shared folders keep us all on the same page and best of all, no more attachments - just send a link!
ConsThe best thing we did was get everyone on the Dropbox train by signing up for the enterprise version. But as with all transitions, there were some bumps. As we've implemented across our many teams, it can be complex to ensure you have the right permissions to share and edit files. Not to mention that we can now access so much more of each other's work than before. This can be overwhelming. Be sure you still have a clear idea who is in charge of folders so things don't get misplaced (or accidentally deleted) and it's a good idea to make sure your team is trained on how to use the features. An unsuspecting team member who doesn't know about smart sync might find their hard disk space gone in a blink!
April 5, 2019

“Dropbox for Business Review - even now more cost effective!”

OverallCommunicating shared data, images and video with office and field staff, but in read only and read/write modes is invaluable for business operations and knowledge sharing. The software does what is expected with no problems and great performance. The addition of allowing unlimited devices against a single account makes the software so much more cost effective for field staff just needing to access folders with a large number of reference documents on a read-only basis.
ProsDropbox for Business has always been highly useful cloud storage software, but recent changes have made the software both more functional and more cost effective: - Choice between storing files & folders online vs local - Allowing unlimited number of devices to share a single account - Practically unlimited amount of storage - Easy access to almost any type of devices, be it PC/Mac/ Ios/Android and different OS versions - Fast syncing of folders and files when using desktop software (compared to OneDrive and Sharepoint).
ConsThe granularity of control over access to a folder could be improved. Read vs Read/Write is too simplistic of access control. I would like to see more fine access control (like sending a file to a true blind dropbox, submitting a file for approval to be posted, and ability to add or modify files but not allow creation of subfolders).
April 5, 2019
Stephen M.
Communications
Construction, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2019

“Dropbox was our preferred cloud storage and file sharing tool until very recently (2019)”

OverallIt was useful when we were a startup, but we outgrew as time went on. We found it wasn't as intuitive as it could be . The way their system integrates with your local computer and how you interact with the files is sometimes very confusing and the lack of technical support tends to create frustration. There are other options on the market right now that seems to outshine Dropbox with more features and better ease of use for the price.
ProsWe originally signed up for Dropbox Business when we needed a tool for backing up files to the cloud. We started to use it for occasionally file sharing but over time discovered it was not great for version control or for collaboration. It excels as a backup and sharing tool.
ConsAs alluded to in my "pros" writeup, I found that Dropbox was quite lacking in terms of collaborative ability - we recently started using OneDrive as an alternative and found very quickly that the integration with productivity tools and the ability to collaborate on documents and files live (as well as control and recover multiple file versions, with granular user access controls) really showed where Dropbox has room to improve. My other big issue with Dropbox is very poor customer support. Their brand and aesthetic are minimalistic, but that less-is-more approach creeps into their customer support and leads to a lack of options for getting help.
March 28, 2019