Kronos Workforce Ready Ratings

Overall

About Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready is a human capital management suite of tools on a single unified cloud platform that helps you manage the entire employee lifecycle from pre-hire to retire. Solutions for HR, recruiting, onboarding, time tracking, payroll, and more are easily accessed through a single intuitive interface. Automated and scalable tools provide a single source of truth with common reporting, dashboards, and robust workflows. Included self-service and mobile app allow easy, anytime access. Learn more about Kronos Workforce Ready

Lisa M.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“Kronos Review”

OverallI am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.
ProsI've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.
ConsWe've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.
Bruce B.
Technical Support Supervisor
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2019

“Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs”

OverallWe are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.
ProsWorkforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.
ConsPerhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.
Adriane M.
Mobile Expert
Consumer Electronics, 5001-10,000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Kronos Mobile VS Kronos Desktop”

OverallThe overall experience is positive. I have been using Kronos in the work environment for over 4 years and the software has drastically improved. I feel that additional tweaks on the desktop software could really make a difference in user experience and minor tweaks in the app would make it perfect. I think that the app is great for everyday smartphone users, but the desktop software could really be the most beneficial for management.
Pros I love how easy it is to use Krono's on a smart phone. The Kronos app on both android and iOS are extremely easy to navigate and are not drastically complicated to understand. If anything the app itself is very straightforward and also easy enough to give clear directions to another user. Overall, my favorite thing about this app is the ability to request time off. Putting in a request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that it's equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Kronos has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesn't take as long to login like it used to. Putting in the request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that it's equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Krono's has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesn't take as long to login like it used to
ConsI feel that the software is generally straightforward and pretty easy to navigate, but there are just a few features that could use some tweaking or updates. for example when I log into Krono's on the mobile app and want to look at my weekly schedule it can be a little confusing since the week is shown in a vertical format rather than a horizontal week format. The reason that this becomes a little confusing is due to the amount of numbers that are showing on one screen in a Vertical list format. For example the schedule would show 9/1 and then underneath, the timeframe for work would show 9 AM to 1 PM. Although I am not dyslexic myself I feel that this could be a little bit more friendly to people who struggle with visual number reception. If it were to show a printable pdf option as well, that could be very beneficial for users who like a tangible schedule. The next thing about Kronos that I would like to discuss is that the application is far more user-friendly for requesting time off than the desktop Kronos software. It's almost an Easter egg hunt to try to find the option to request time off on the desktop. Additionally, the amount of time it takes to log into the desktop to punch in for work is a bit annoying. Lastly, I wish there was an option for a shift request. For example, if a person wanted to work In the evening as a "request" they could submit it to management to approve. It would be useful for small things.
May 24, 2019
Connie E.
Administrative Resource Planning Analyst
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees
May 7, 2019

“Kronos WFR is Amazing”

OverallOne of the things Kronos worked hard with us was to get our Weighted Average Overtime process set-up. We are semi-monthly payroll and this sometimes creates some issues. Kronos worked with us determined to find a way to make this work and they didn't stop until it was resolved. We also do a Allocation report and Kronos Support help us get a report put together to pull out our monthly allocation by labor cost departments. They did not quit working with us until this report was what we needed. It actually turned out better than what we had in the past. Some of what we do as a company is sometimes different than the norm. Kronos as worked with us on each of this things so that the program works for what we need to get things done in the most efficient way possible with the most accurate information. I personally would not want to go to another Software Company.
ProsWe have been with Kronos family since around 2000. In 2015 we transition from Kronos Central to Kronos Workforce Ready. During the time with Workforce Ready, I enjoy how they are constantly changing and updating to stay up on current trends. The best part is that with all the changes, we are able to update and move to the new functions without any issues. If there is something we are not sure of, a request for support is available with a knowledgably support tech to help us get to the next level. Kronos Workforce Ready is able to keep us up to date with the latest technology trends and required reporting. Creating reports and pulling information has never been easier. Basically I have found that whatever I think of, Kronos can do it.
ConsWe were one of the first jumping on board with Kronos Workforce Ready in 2014 when things really started taking off for this program. So our implementation was a little stressful, but Kronos listen to us and has worked hard to resolve the early implementation issues. Support has improved and it is more than support when they are called they are full of suggestions to help improve processes that are used.
May 7, 2019
Leesa P.
Payroll, Benefits & Compensation Analyst
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
July 13, 2018

“Promised everything would work with our setups, but only about half was delivered. We've learned to live with it by implementing manual work arounds that put the responsibility employee & the payroll analyst.”

ProsMost of the reporting functions are great. The general look and feel of the website is great. Time clocks were easy to update when we got new badges and we never have issues with missed punches. The Manage Payroll function works well. It's easy to make changes to most features to get it working how we want it.
ConsIt's difficult to use with shift differential on time off requests. It requires multiple requests off from the employee just to get paid their shift diff correctly. The accruals function is terrible. It doesn't forecast into the future, which is a HUGE issue for employees & management. This doesn't let employees request for time off using future accrued time off. And, it doesn't give them any way to plan for future vacations. The fact that everything hinges on the anniversary date causes a lot of employee confusion. The Current Balance is supposed to account for Scheduled time off, but when the Scheduled time off is after the employee's anniversary date, it doesn't deduct from the Current Balance, so it causes a ton of confusion. Also, the Current Accrued column makes no sense to employees or even me, and I'm technically the 'Kronos expert' at my company. It would be great if you could get rid of Current Accrued & Taken columns since they cause more confusion and questions than anything else. When an employee using a Bulk Hours schedule requests time off in the current pay period, once the manager approves it, it populates their time card with the time off rows, but it doesn't delete the working hours, so suddenly they have 8 hours of work and 8 hours of vacation on the same day. While the support desk personnel are helpful, it can be very inconvenient to wait 1-3 days to get help with an issue or question. It's also hard to stop everything I'm doing when Kronos is ready to help me. I feel like my only choice is to drop everything I'm doing, because this is my chance, and I don't want to put it off another day. I feel like this puts all the convenience on Kronos support and none of the convenience on the customer. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone when I have the problem and I'm working on it. The Kronos update webinars to hear about new features & updates are painful to sit through. The presenter sounds like she's reading a prepared essay for a 7th grade class. I tried attending three webinars, and it was always the same. I feel like I learn nothing with this presentation style because I'm so distracted by the robotic presentation.
July 13, 2018
Michele O.
HR Assistant / Executive Assistant
July 7, 2017

“Workforce Ready”

OverallThis is a good program for our purposes, and it is used by accounting and HR. I can't comment for accounting, but HR is making good use of the program.
ProsAfter training (and retraining,) I am able to maneuver through the program easily. It's good to be able to adjust the company settings so that some fields are auto filled, such as our benefits guidelines. Reports are easy to customize, although I need more practice because I only run them infrequently. It's good to be able to save reports for ease of running them the next time. Easy to download to excel for further customizing the reports. I have admin access, so I am able to get whatever information I need quickly, without being blocked. I am in the program many times throughout the day. It's easy to manage my own time and requests for time off as well, both for myself and on behalf of others (when they forget!) The benefits feature and ability to get copies of W-2's and other forms both for myself and employees is a good one. The amount of information on each employee is very thorough. There are times we have layoffs, and then recalls, so it is easy to REHIRE the employees, with their previous information already loaded.
ConsI find it somewhat cumbersome when hiring a new employee, but again, the company settings make it easier. When running reports, I sometimes struggle with finding the right fields to add, especially when it has to do with the accounting features, but I have an excellent "go-to" person in accounting that assists! Again, that is usually due to the infrequency of running those types of reports. When rehiring employees, we found that some of the information was not prefilling, but with some adjustments in the company settings, (after trial by fire) it seems to be working correctly.

By Kronos on September 8, 2017
Hi Michele ¿ I love to hear that your HR team is making great use of the product. It is fantastic that you have a go-to person in accounting for pulling reports when you need them, but I wanted to highlight some key resources we have available to help you further with your reporting needs. We have a reporting best practices webinar available to all our customers and we also offer instructor-led classes on reporting. If you are interested I would be happy to share further details and a link to the webinar with you. Please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com ¿ I look forward to hearing from you! All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready
July 7, 2017
Deon S.
Technology Division Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
August 16, 2019

“Workforce Ready - an upgrade?”

OverallWorkforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.
ProsCloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.
ConsSome processes are convoluted. Not intuitive.
Lindsay M.
March 10, 2017

“Big Company Technology - Small Family Feel”

OverallAs a new user of Kronos - I have been impressed with the value placed on customer service and community support. Workforce Ready is a newer platform and as with all changes, there are a few glitches; however, the tech support and responsiveness makes you feel as though the system issues are minor and worth it. Every single time we call for assistance, the experience is helpful rather than stressful. Product wise - I love the cloud technology and the community features. One of my favorite features is the export option. When first using the product I kept looking for where to "Run Reports" for basic info - when I realized I could manipulate the columns and then just export the data I was looking at I was thrilled. It isn't complicated, doesn't require that I run a bunch of numbers - I just pick what I want to know at that moment & export the file. Then I can easily sort/filter the excel data as needed. I also appreciate the ability to search by multiple details - other platforms require the last name only, but WFR let's me search by multiple features - including the exact name or "starts with". I still have a lot to learn about the system and am anxious for the upgrades and suggestions to be implemented (like the ability to click back/forth between pages as you move through a file without having to go back to the home page); however, I'm pleased with the product and love the relationship - so as long as the focus stays on technological advances, combined with stellar customer service - Kronos will get my vote at the executive table.
ProsPEOPLE! Software is available and mostly similar - we have a lot of choices in HRIS/Payroll systems, so how you treat your customers is the most important factor in being better. Kronos has this in spades!!
ConsBenefit plan set up isn't ideal - I need to be able to put in an effective date AND an enrollment date, as they are not the same thing. If my employees don't elect their benefits before the "waiting period" the "New Enrollment" radio button disappears. An employee's waiting period and eligibility dates do not match their election period. I'd like the opportunity to select the different options.
Lisa R.
HR/IT Technology Specialist
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
March 1, 2017

“Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features.”

OverallKronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place.
Pros1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting. 2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with. 3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc. 4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.
Cons1. The system is very particular in the way you set up. Ensure you have a good application consultant that understands what your company needs and how they will set this up in your environment. Also, if you chose to bring WFC into the mix, you are dealing with two systems and not one and there is a whole other level of set up you need to consider. 2. No development site. Everything is conducted in live site. 3. Recruitment and onboarding (checklists in general) need to be more flexible. Kronos is working on this and is on road map. We look forward to some improvements. 4. Training in product and training material needs some more work. There is a noticeable difference in training presentation vs. other products (i.e. WFC learning portal vs. WFR offerings). Also, you really will need someone dedicated to learn and understand WFR, as it is very layered. 5. There is not current API offerings, only flat files every 15 minutes can come out of WFR. Kronos is working on adding this capability in near future.
March 1, 2017
Teresa N.
Payroll Specialist
August 22, 2017

“Kronos Workforce Ready is the best timekeeping system I have ever used”

OverallNot only is the payroll system a well oiled machine, the HR module turned out to be better than we could have hoped for or expect. So much of the manual tasks that either Payroll or HR would perform are now automated. Kronos has really been a blessing and the price for a product of this quality is incomparable to other products on the market (which were thoroughly researched before deciding on Kronos).
ProsMy duties have come down to literally pushing a few buttons to generate a bi-weekly payroll for 200 hospital workers. The reporting functions are endless, in addition to the already prepared reports within the system, it is extremely easy to build your own and have the exact information you want to see on a report. I am able to do the quarterly reports in about 10 minutes (including submission to the various entities). The customer support is phenomenal. If you've ever had tech support that the rep didn't really understand the problem or their job and tried to correct your system only to find it become even worse, you will really appreciate Kronos support. I have yet to be let down, they are very personable, intelligent and an expert in the field to which your question is based. I really can't say enough wonderful things about Kronos functionality and support.

By Kronos on September 7, 2017
Hi Teresa, We want to thank you for your thoughtful review highlighting the product and our Support team! It¿s so great to hear that Workforce Ready has made your day-to-day duties much easier and less time and labor intensive. Thank you for being our customer, Amy Fafard
August 22, 2017
Stephen N.
Maintenance Admin Assitant
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
September 7, 2018

“Kronos aims to be the one-stop-shop for your HRIS solution.”

OverallOverall great product. It's the way we get paid, and the taxes are all right. I attended the payroll class and they have solutions for living in all different counties in Pennsylvania with their thousands of local taxes. Say 95/100 things go right, the 5 things feel bad, but you forget how much work it makes to make anything right. It often takes one thing to make a program go awry.
ProsMany modules and what they don't do well they are investing on to make it more of a one-stop shop. Most of the users in the company can use this fairly easily. The setup on the back end is comprehensive. The reporting is good and easy to use, but you can't change the width of columns on the screen and some columns are missing. The support staff takes tickets and work with you over the phone and share screens with you so reporting issues is a breeze. I've been invited to a subgroup for development for a certain feature and it's great to get some eyes on the product before release so i can prepare some training materials for my company.
ConsI mentioned reporting issues is a breeze. The wording I get back fairly often is "working as intended." It's easy for me to say a certain feature may not make sense but for another company it may make lots of sense. I wish there was just a little bit more of product testing for major features. Global Support is very polite and they will operate for your timezone even though most of their support staff are on the east coast.
September 7, 2018
Penny H.
Total Rewards Manager
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
March 10, 2017

“Ease of Going Paperless”

OverallKronos Workforce Ready has lead us in the direction we have been wanting to go with reducing the amount of paper we process in HR and Payroll daily and allowed us to have more efficient, instant communication with our employees. We are utilizing the Onboarding process. We allow employees to make demographic changes and view their payroll data, such as pay statements, as a self-service option. We are beginning the benefits enrollment which will automatically add the payroll deductions to payroll. Our payroll processing has been reduced from 3 days to 1 day. Chasing down lost paperwork that was sent through the mail is no longer an issue. We have recently completed the integration with Workforce Central's Timekeeper.
ProsKronos has taken us to the next level in service that we were looking for. It is very easy to use for creating your own reports and importing data. We couldn't be more pleased with how they helped us work through our custom profit sharing allocation.
ConsThere are often updates that we are waiting for to continue what we would like to accomplish with the Kronos software. Although it automates several of our paper process and gave us efficiencies, there are now processes that we need to track manually and audit by hand. The third party tax software is more time-consuming than before. We were breaking ground with integrating the Workforce Central Timekeeper with Workforce Ready. We chose Workforce Central over Workforce Ready Time Labor Management due to the complexity of our work force. If you can use one system, I would recommend Workforce Ready.
Ashley B.
Entertainment, 501-1000 employees

“Great functionality”

ProsFrom an admin perspective, I love the reporting functionality, automated emails, and general navigation. This may change a bit with the new user interface, but overall it is intuitive and easy to use. Customization and capabilities are great.
ConsThe occasional bugs that happen with SAAS.
Caleb J.
Programmer/Reports Analyst
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1000 employees
November 7, 2018

“Kronos - an excellent HCM software”

OverallWe were tasked with the challenge of payroll management, accrual management just to name a few. These problems were all resolved by employing Kronos Workforce Ready as our central point of data storage and data management.
ProsKronos Workforce Ready is one of the best HCM software on the market in this category and does a pretty good job of managing data. It has a large set of very useful reports available to be exported in the most popular formats, has the option to customize reports to suite your needs and also you can schedule your reports to be sent or delivered to and email address at your convenience which really cuts out a lot of the manual labor. It has a well thought tru time-sheet feature and which allows easy management of all employees hours per day per week. The recruitment features are an excellent asset as it allows applicants to create a profile while applying in which makes hiring the applicant a breeze with the click a a button. Overall, the Payroll Management, Recruitment Management and Employee Management features are top notch just to name a few and I would recommend Kronos to any medium to large company.
ConsThe feature I like least about Kronos Workforce Ready is the manual accrual management feature available . You are tasked with real manual work whenever it comes to uploading hours for employees as there is currently no mass edit option available to apply hours across the board to all selected employees, instead you must load all selected employees into the bucket and scroll through them one by one and apply the credit and whatever other in formations are required to be filled in.
November 7, 2018
Dawn T.
HR Generalist
Insurance, 201-500 employees
February 15, 2017

“Most Comprehensive System on the Market”

OverallMy organization started with WFR's HR and TML. Employees, managers and administrators were impressed with the ease of use, the robust amount of information at their finger tips and the reporting capabilities. After a year and a half of using HR and TML, my organization decided to transfer our payroll to WFR as well. Having HR, Time and Labor and Payroll integrated with each other has allowed my HR team to evolve from and administrative department to a strategic business partner.
ProsI love that employees and managers have virtual personnel files at their fingertips. Through Employee Self Service, employees can access and change their address, beneficiaries, payroll information, enroll online for benefits, request time off and maintain their schedules. Managers can access employment history, process compensation changes, approve timesheets and upload and review current and previous performance reviews. Instead of tracking down information, entering payroll changes and being the timesheet monitor, my team and I can use our knowledge and skills to make our employees and organization better.
ConsThe reporting functions in WFR are robust but each organization has specific reports required by leadership. Enhancing the reporting function for easier report customization would be my only critique.
Recommendations to other buyersDo not hesitate, choose Kronos. It will make your professional life so much better!
February 15, 2017
Paulette M.
Deputy Executive Director - Finance Divison
Utilities, 51-200 employees
March 10, 2017

“Implementation for small government utility”

OverallKronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult.
ProsKronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.
ConsThe biggest issue with Kronos is the virtual implementation and lack of time that the Kronos implementation team has for each customer. Kronos module leads have too many customers to support, so you only have a few hours of their time each week for the build out. If you have any complexity with your timesheets and payroll, you will need to have experienced module leads. Our implementation took twice as long as planned because we started with inexperienced leads.

By Kronos on April 20, 2017
Hello Paulette, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workforce Ready. While we are always happy to hear what customers enjoy about the product, we are deeply invested in learning what we can improve. Your feedback on implementation is truly helpful and we are sorry that the process did not go as expected. I thought you would like to know that based on customer feedback we have recently restructured our onboarding process for new customers and have put a strong focus on improving internal training for the implementation team. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready 978.947.5173 holly.bouffard@kronos.com
Jonathan M.
I.T. Manager
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees

“Easy to use bundle”

OverallThe ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.
ProsThe software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.
ConsI have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.
Brooke D.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“Hospital Review”

OverallIt is a good system.
ProsIt is a user friendly system. Easy reports are easy to customize.
ConsImplementation is awful. They do not send any reps on site to help with implementation. Reports that require Kronos assistance take forever to receive. One took over 6 months to get.
Mario H.
Assistant Office Manager
Retail, 501-1000 employees

“Workforce Ready”

ProsThe main reason we went with Kronos was for the TLM. It has worked good and we are still playing with it to make it work its best.
ConsI don't like that you have to click here and there just to get to where you want to be. Specially to print a document.
Rodica M.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Banking, 51-200 employees
July 6, 2017

“Kronos Workforce Ready is improving”

OverallThis is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.
ProsEasy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.
ConsDoes not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

By Kronos on September 8, 2017
Hi Rodica ¿ Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready
July 6, 2017
Jessica W.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
September 26, 2017

“Easy to use system that reports easily.”

OverallContinue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!
ProsThe use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.
ConsThe wait time on some cases is not always the greatest. I wish there was more functionality with the custom columns with reporting and also creating one line reports for payroll purposes. Some features are not as diverse as we expected such as the HR action items, no option to print if you use electronic option.

By Kronos on November 20, 2017
Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking time to review Workforce Ready. We are happy to hear that you are finding the product easy to use and are looking forward to understanding its additional capabilities. It is also great to hear that you are benefiting from a group of support specialists. For the wait times, we have added additional capacity to our support team to help decrease wait times. In addition, there is a new self-paced training course available within Workforce Ready MyLearning for reporting. To access it log into Workforce Ready and navigate to My Account > My Learning > Manager and within the Manager section will be the training ¿working with reports¿ Please feel free to contact me if there is anything additional I can assist you with ¿ amy.fafard@kronos.com. Thank you again, Amy Fafard
September 26, 2017
Bernadette R.
Food Production, 51-200 employees

“Ease of use!”

ProsThe software is very user-friendly both for admins and users. Reporting is a breeze and is one of my favorite features!
ConsThe con that I have experienced is not in the software itself but in the customer service. I would like a designated rep that knows my rules, my employees, etc. It's like starting from scratch every time I have an issue. When I used Empower, I had designated reps. I miss that feature the most.
Dr. Debra P.
CHRO
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Kronos User”

OverallOverall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure
ProsFunctionality Real-time Ease of use Training
ConsSome reporting features especially on performance mgt
Joyce W.
Payroll Clerk
201-500 employees
October 2, 2018

“Exceptional Time keeping”

OverallGeneral note to anyone considering Workforce Ready: We have been using this product since 2012. I seldom need to contact Support for assistance as this product tends to work great with minimal problems. When I have reached out for assistance the staff has done a great job resolving problems in a timely manner. You can expect a great product, courteous and professional service.
ProsWe have a wide variety of pay codes and rules. We have built in overtime, shift differentials, Differentials for field training, etc. I have worked with other software programs and Workforce Ready is a program that has been extremely accurate for time keeping. Workforce is one of the best software programs I have worked on for payroll. It is easy to use and understand.
ConsThe only issue I have encountered is when I have employees with multiple codes that fall on a holiday. An example would be: Patrol Officer, who is an FTO while working a holiday. Some hours just don't move over to payroll. However I understand the problem because we are "over-loading" the program with multiple codes.
October 2, 2018
Diane G.
Human Resource Assistant
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
February 28, 2017

“New and Refreshing ”

OverallKronos is a tool that our Company is learning as we go, and it is much more we have to learn. But the over all learning process is great ! Once you get it, there is more that will tie into the one thing that you learned about that day. You have to explore and get into the process and you will see that Kronos has a lot to offer. When our company first signed on with kronos we were just using the timekeeping module and later we signed on to use the payroll module, and Wow that opened up a lot of what Kronos can accomplish, We are a company with a lot of different issues that a normal company would not have. But Kronos was able to accommodate us with our needs. They have a great support team (The Application Consultant) (Technical Support team).
ProsI like the way this product ties in and gives you what you need. You can create any kind of report.
ConsI am a little disappointed in the timely status of customer service getting back to you when you call or put a ticket in through the kronos community. Sometimes you need to know something at a moments notice and we don't have the option to get that answer right away. I think there should be different levels of customer service techs.
February 28, 2017
Rod G.
Human Resources Director
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“Work Force Ready at UOSA”

OverallUse product for a variety of solutions
ProsIts functionality and ease of use is welcoming.
ConsLength of time to customize the product for various needs
Erik B.
Special Projects Coordinator
Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees
August 9, 2019

“Kronos Workforce Ready - how did we live with out it?!”

OverallTime keeping has become more efficient. Payroll more accurate. Credential reports to health plans are much easier.
ProsKronos WFR is highly customizable to allow for easy reporting and data tracking.
ConsSome of the back end set up is not self explanatory and often requires outreach to the Kronos Global Support team for guidance. However, KGS is always very helpful in finding solutions to any problems encountered.
Tonisha R.
Executive Assistant
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
April 10, 2019

“Wonderful Product”

OverallWorkforce Ready has helped to reduce the amount of paperwork produced and has provided efficient, streamlined services. The program is highly responsive, kept up to date, and we've had very little interruption due to loss of service/downtime. We've used this software for 4 years now and I think it is one of the best programs of it's type. Once the system is properly set up it is very reliable.
ProsKronos Workforce Ready is easy to learn and use. We love that the system is modern and constantly being improved upon. The additional tools that are added as tax and healthcare laws change have been invaluable.
ConsWorkforce Ready has been very valuable but adding accounting software to this product would complete it as a ERP system. We really love using this system, but because of our business needs we need a payroll and timekeeping system that is fully integrated with an accounting system. We are forced to transition to another ERP even though Workforce Ready is by far the better product.
April 10, 2019
Jeff W.
CFO
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
August 9, 2019

“Reliable, accurate, and customizable”

OverallWe have greatly improved our payroll time sheet accuracy. Workforce Ready is a proven, reliable solution that allows us to apply our specific payroll policies to the systematic platform--thus eliminating the risk of human calculation error. Our experience has been very positive.
ProsThe functionality to calculate break times, holiday pay, and unique company-specific pay-policies across our departments. The mobile clock in/out functionality on the app is also helpful for employees that work remotely. Easy to add new employees to the time clock or mobile access.
ConsSometimes difficult to add new managers. Manager visibility of mobile clocking in / out of employees (need alerts to the manager). Also, the call-back delay to speak with a help desk rep can be annoying.
Karie D.
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“WR User of 7 Modules”

OverallKronos has been a God-send. What started out as a "HR" software that "HR was stuffing down our throats" has turned into a great tool used by the entire organization. Many team leaders are now taking time to look through Kronos to see what other processes they could put into Kronos so that we can go more paperless. We call it "electronifying" our processes.
ProsI like how Kronos is continually investing in improvements and enhanced features. I love that clients get to vote on items in the Community and that we can see what's coming down the pike.
ConsI'd like the job aids to be in an editable format so that I could add to them with more company specific information. Currently, the pdfs aren't editable so I use them as a guide to get me started on created my own. We'd really like a project management solution. We looked at the Scheduler module but it does not allow for the tracking of projects or scheduling of equipment, only employees.
March 5, 2019
Paul M.
Controller
February 14, 2017

“Controller”

OverallKronos Workforce Ready is an excellent product for us and a definite upgrade over the Workforce Central version we were on. Every software has its shortcomings, but they have been few and far between with WFR. The last KronosWorks conference had plenty of WFR ready classes and a considerable number of users to interact with.
ProsCustomer service has been a strong suit for Kronos regardless of which product you are on. Reporting functionality in WFR is by far the best change from WFC, but also better than any other software we use throughout our company. Since WFR is on the cloud, the continual upgrades are done for us, saving us time and money.
ConsImplementation left a lot to be desired.
Recommendations to other buyersAllow yourself plenty of time for the implementation and be overly thorough confirming everything works the way you need it and any data transferred is correct. Don't hesitate to get moved to Global Support near the end because they were able to take care of most of our remaining issues from the implementation. The final product is worth the pains to get there.
February 14, 2017
Tracy F.
HR Administrator
201-500 employees
February 15, 2019

“There's no single "right way"”

OverallOverall, I like it. But we SERIOUSLY under-utilize this system and I'd like to remedy that.
ProsFor people that learn differently, this program is good, there are several ways to accomplish the same task. I like that I can find nearly anything I want (employee related) in just a few seconds.
ConsFor people who like black and white (like me), I just want the easiest and fastest way to complete a task. I don't like that there are different rules for different functions. I can do XYZ if I'm trying to report THIS, but I can't do XYZ if I'm trying to report THAT. I wish all rules applied to all functions. I also don't like that Kronos isn't smart enough to figure out detailed functions. For example, if I have someone on STD, I should be able to enter 8 hrs STD on their time sheet and Kronos should know to add 8 hrs STD to their paycheck, to their STD leave, and to FMLA. Why I have to entered Unpaid time off on the time sheet + 8 hrs STD + pay for STD + 8 hrs of FMLA is beyond me. Also, having to enter changes after a pay date is silly. Kronos should be able to figure out that if a change is made in the middle of the pay period, it doesn't take affect until after the pay date. This "rule" (or lack thereof) makes for some interesting calendar calculations.
February 15, 2019
John Andrew C.
Leasing associate
Commercial Real Estate, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2018

“Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more.”

ProsClocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.
ConsSome of my coworkers advised that they can access the clock-in capability of the program outside our closed network. I understand that it's web based but this might cause integrity issues. I'm not sure if that featured can be tailored to be locked out if your not logged in the company's network.
September 20, 2018
Steve P.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
May 9, 2018

“The time keeping system that brought us into the new age.”

OverallThe clocks are resilient and easy to use, none of our employees have any complaints.
ProsIt is quick, accurate, and cloud based (so it is available everywhere). It combined our 4 locations, and digitized our PTO system while allow us to use the same access card for time keeping as we do for a door access system.
ConsThe biggest con for us is that it does not integrate with our payroll system (we use paychex flex). We are able to export hours from Kronos to Flex. Another con would be that the App feels a little out dated.

By Kronos on July 5, 2018
Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! It¿s great to hear our products have been easy to use, and that your employees are successfully utilizing our clocks. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration to your payroll system, and will be sure to send your thoughts to the appropriate teams. If you have any additional thoughts, please reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com Thank you! Jesse
May 9, 2018
Elisa M.
HRIS Analyst
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
August 1, 2017

“Kronos workforce ready”

OverallThe support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.
ProsFlexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.
ConsThe performance review module is week and not tied to goals. The compensation module is very disorganized and creates too many lines of data for each single transaction causing a lot of manual clean up on a regular basis. The applicant module is not flexible enough.

By Kronos on August 25, 2017
Hi Elisa, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Workforce Ready. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility of the solution. I also appreciate your candid feedback on what you would like to see improved. I wanted to let you know that the ability is tie goals to the annual review will be available in our October release. I would also be happy to coordinate a call with our HR product management to chat further about your pain points with both recruitment and our Compensation module and discuss what we have on the horizon in terms of usability improvements for both features. Feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com and I would be happy to coordinate a time for all of us to connect. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready
August 1, 2017
Hadassah W.
Director, Employee Relations
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
September 4, 2018

“5 years and counting”

ProsI have been using Kronos Workforce Ready for almost 5 years and am very satisfied with the product. The system is easy to navigate, simple to key in the information, has the ability to run ad-hoc reports and also customize and export them in multiple formats. I also use the system for my payroll processing for almost 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The system is simple and has clear workflow to follow for quick and easy processing. If I ever run into an issue, I am able to place a ticket via phone or online with Customer Service and they are pretty quick with getting back to me and assigning me someone who knows how to assist me with my problem.
ConsSome system functions/packages need to be purchased separately but that is pretty standard when purchasing this kind of a system.
September 4, 2018
Kelly H.
October 6, 2017

“Workforce Ready Review”

ProsEase of use; cloud based program - data is available from any log on; multiple reports available to use for various needs.
ConsMulti-factor authentication for those customers who only use the timekeeping software has really limited our employees from using the software. We dont keep private information in our records for Kronos and if the employer could "opt" to use the multi-factor authentication that would increase our employee's usage and ability to take care of their own needs. Instead, payroll is having to take of their needs because they have difficulty logging in.

By Kronos on November 20, 2017
Hello Kelly, It is great to hear that you are taking advantage of Workforce Ready being in the cloud! As far as multi-factor authentication is concerned, I will certainly pass this along to the product team. Please feel free to reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com if you would like to discuss it further. Thank you for the review, Amy Fafard
October 6, 2017
Carla B.
Human Resources Manager
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
September 1, 2017

“Great Software with wonderful Customer Service”

OverallOverall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.
ProsIf any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.
ConsAfter the initial setup and training, any additional training is offered only online. I took over the HR position about 6 months after implementation so I had to figure a lot on my own since the previous HR person was not available to train.

By Kronos on September 7, 2017
Hi Carla, Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you find the product easy to use and are very grateful for your kind words about our Support team. Regarding training, please reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com ¿ we offer some one-on-one online training options that might be a good fit for your needs (on-site training is also available through our partners), and we can discuss what works best for you. Thanks, Amy Fafard
September 1, 2017
Bobby S.
Business System Analyst
Consumer Services, 1001-5000 employees
August 16, 2019

“Bobby's Likes and Dislikes”

OverallKronos did most of what we needed it to do. The biggest issue we had was the fact they over-promised the capabilities of what Kronos could do. After signing our contract and committing to the software, we found out it couldn't do the accounting we needed it to do, so we had to invest in a separate software to handle our accounting issues. Then we found out the onboarding didn't work the way we needed it to, so we had to invest in another software for it. Then it wouldn't communicate with our new accounting software, so we had to invest in yet another software. So all in all, the cost became to much.
ProsI love how simple it is to export the data. I also love the many options of exports it's capable of doing.
ConsThe reporting systems are very complicated to work with. Most of the reports I had to create couldn't be done in Kronos. I had to export the data to excel and create the reports from excel.
Lily P.
HR Administrator
September 14, 2018

“Good HRIS System with Improvement needed”

OverallA more simple and general training or user guide would be better for first time user in understanding how to start using the system.
ProsUsage are fairly easy to locate data and info. Reporting are one of the best feature in this system as it is very versatile and customizable in adding or deleting info to achieve desired result, exporting the report is quick and comes with many formats. Some of the built in lookup function comes in handy and saves time.
ConsSome of the wordings in the system are not as direct and can be mistakenly understood (Such as the Accrual function), only when explained by customer service in the true meaning it can be used correctly. There are certain info that exist in the system but not able to be add to a customize report, which sometimes cause time consuming effort to combine multiple report or manually adjust after export. A few Government labor filing forms has incorrect info when auto filled. Need to adjust manually afterwards.
Kevin B.
Senior Analyst Workforce Management
March 7, 2017

“WFR Review”

OverallOverall we have been happy moving from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready
ProsEasy to use for admin as well as employees. Self service is very easy to implement Allows employees to review pay statements and print, W2's, review time sheets, request time off, and review their profile Security functions for data access has a variety to set up multiples levels for managers to view employees. Reporting is great, easy to use and create your own reports Ability to have HR, Payroll, T&A, Leave, Benefits, Recruitment and more hosted by Kronos in the cloud No more legislative updates, version updates or consulting fees to do updates. All updates are done for you. Once you understand the configurations of policies it is easy to make adjustments. Tech support is always helpful to make any changes.
ConsSome features still need development for attendance and leave especially. Functional and can use effectively but could use improvement.
March 7, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 8, 2019

“Kronos definitely belongs at the top of the list for managing workplace payroll and HR tasks”

OverallI have found that working three prn medical jobs that all relied on Kronos never gave me any difficulty with managing my time sheets nor my access to various documents or tax forms. When I switched to full time and was educating people I was training, the new hires took very quickly to the process of working with it. Overall I prefer this system to any other I have worked with.
ProsEmployees find it very simple to engage with and take control of their own paperwork and needs. The system also assists HR with managing complex data for high volume companies while still feeling appropriate for use with small ones. When employees have two jobs that both utilize Kronos, the platform is able to distinguish the two separate companies and maintain unique log ins for both.
ConsThe only real downside is that it interfacing with the timekeeping system at the job site so if a punch gets missed on the last day of the pay period, the employee has to interact with HR in order to correct the discrepancy. Some employees are not good with that skill and HR has to backtrack from the report Kronos generates. This is really not the fault of the software though but rather an issue with the employees.
August 8, 2019
Makenzi H.
HR Associate
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
May 21, 2019

“My Kronos Experience”

OverallOverall I think I remain very neutral in it all. There are many aspects of Kronos I like, as it has reduced some of our inefficiency's, but at the same time it has added some new ones as well. We decided to do a slow transition, region by region, and it seems to be working well for us.
ProsComing from using Workday - we like Kronos for many of its simple access tasks. We like how easy it is to search/find an employee, we like how the system has allowed us to combine our HR system with out payroll system. We have grown to also like the applicant tracking side, it has been a nice transition from using ICIMS.
ConsThe transitioning from our old systems to Kronos has been a bit of a struggle. We had a very low grade implementation team at the start of go live for us and eventually we had the entire team re-spun with new people. It was difficult enough for us to be concerned with transitioning systems let alone our implementation team changing entirely. We were promised many efficiency's to eliminate old inefficiency's and very little of that has actually happened.
May 21, 2019
Charline H.
HR Director/ Senior Vice President
Banking, 51-200 employees
May 16, 2019

“Great Software”

OverallUsing Kronos has significantly reduced the hours spent handling and filing paperwork on each employee. Employee reviews, job goals, reward and disciplinary matters are all handled through Kronos. Employee basically have access to their entire work history. They also have access and ability to print their W-2 and ACA form.
ProsBuilding reports within Kronos and being able to print the data in various formats has been one of the greatest features of Kronos. I love having the ability to take a candidate from the application stage to the hiring stage within the same process and have all hiring documents completed within the system. Lastly, having the time keeping system also be within the same software makes Kronos the best interactive software we have used to date!
ConsThe least favorable feature of Kronos has been not having the "back button" work at all times, regardless of where you are within the software. Too often, there is a need to restart a process.
May 16, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
February 23, 2019

“Kronos for timekeeping”

ProsWe use kronos at the hospital where I work. We use it to sign in and out. There is a different code for clocking in and clocking out for lunch. Sometimes I forget to clock in and out with kronos, so I just put my clock in and out time in the notebook at the charge desk and the person in charge of timekeeping manually enters my log in and out information. Everyone is aware of the earliest time that you can clock out without it showing that you clocked out early. For example, you can clock out at 4:58pm, and it still counts as clocking out at 5pm.
ConsThe phone that we use at my hospital however runs a little fast, so if my cellphone says 8am, the kronos phone already says 8:01, and clocking in late shows up and is frowned upon.
February 23, 2019
Paula L.
Sr. Payroll Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
September 14, 2018

“Workforce Ready is a good product that has been able to solve most of our pain points.”

ProsWe like the ability to easily see the entire team's time on a dashboard that can be customized to our individual preferences. The ability to approve time sheets for multiple employees easily and quickly is also a highlight of the product. The reporting function is easy to customize reports as needed and share them with others.
ConsThe only con that really has impacted us has been the inconsistent performance. It has been inconvenient because the system has been non-functional on the days we are trying to close out time tracking to process our payroll. This happened consistently for 4 payrolls over an 8 week period. While there were many people at Kronos working on the problem, it never seemed to have the root cause handled so it would not continue to occur.
Diane S.
Human Resources
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
May 11, 2018

“Everything you need”

OverallOverall I do think that Kronos Workforce ready is one of the best systems out there that has a lot to offer in one package.
ProsI love how all of the different aspects of human resources is woven into one system in a comprehensive and easy to use system, once you know how to utilize it properly.
ConsQuite a number of our employees are not so tech-savvy and have a hard time with all of the different steps it takes to do simple tasks e.i. logging in or correcting their time...

By Kronos on July 5, 2018
Hi Diane, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! It¿s great to hear of your success in using our products for human resources purposes. We also appreciate your thoughts on the employees¿ user experience, and will be sure to route your feedback to our engineering and product teams. If you have any additional thoughts, please feel free to reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thank you! Jesse
May 11, 2018
Gretta E.
May 30, 2017

“Good product”

ProsWeb based so I can access anywhere/anytime, user friendly, good report options, strong security, better payroll functioning capabilities than our previous system.
ConsRepeat logins, requiring some info to perform certain functions but it's not required when setting up an employee, double entry on different screens, does not give a warning that an employee is not going to get a check when performing payroll, turns off benefit automatically without warning when an employee's hours drop below a certain point.

By Kronos on June 1, 2017
Hello Gretta, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy a lot of the Workforce Ready functionality! I wanted to let you know that there is a way to prevent session timeouts from happening at regular intervals. In the Workforce Ready solution, navigate to Company Settings then click on Profile/Polices and then click on Security - this will enable you to edit your security profile. Once in your profile, under ¿Timeout Settings¿ you can modify the ¿Max Inactive Time¿ to the desired time. If you have any questions on this, or would like assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready
May 30, 2017
Michael R.
Human Resource Generalist
Banking, 1001-5000 employees
April 16, 2017

“Kronos Review”

ProsOverall, Kronos is a software that allows for many different functions. My organization generates almost all of our HR reports from the information contained within the software and we also use it for timekeeping and payroll.
ConsFrom my perspective, the biggest con I have with Kronos is that the system is not very easy to navigate and it needs to be modernized to stay up with the times as far as providing a welcoming experience for users.

By Kronos on April 20, 2017
Hello Michael, Thank you for your feedback - we are always interested in hearing from our customers how we can improve our solutions. One of the biggest focus areas for Workforce Ready in 2017 is improving the user experience, so you should expect to see positive changes in the ease of use throughout the year and beyond. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready 978.947.5173 holly.bouffard@kronos.com
April 16, 2017
Kelley O.
HR/Payroll Clerk
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Kronos Review”

OverallI enjoyed working with the Kronos system. I also enjoyed everybody that we ever worked with. They were very pleasant and always willing to help. If they did not know the answer, they found somebody that did.
ProsFor the most part it is very user friendly. I loved some of the reports that I was able to utilize. Also the dash board with the attendance list, etc on it was very nice.
ConsIt did take quite awhile to get it tweeked to our needs for a payroll system. We never did get the PTO/Vacation/etc. to work right. That was part my fault for not having enough time to spend with somebody to get it completely set up to our specifications.