Clear Biz Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
2.5/5

About Clear Biz

Clear Biz is a practice management software that helps Accounting Professionals take control of their practice and save time by combining all of the office management tools into one easy-to-use package. Features include time & billing, workflow management, task and deadline manager, internal communication logger, built-in federal and state tax deadlines, sales tax and payroll. Monthly pricing plans start as low as $14.95 per license. Free trial provides access to the full software for 30 days! Learn more about Clear Biz

Barbara H.
Number One
January 20, 2017

“Planning is Greatly Improved”

OverallSetting up recurring tasks has been a valuable tool for my office. It allows me to assign work to employees and have those tasks pop up on their lists which helps them plan their week and month. We also use it as a communication and scheduling tool. I often set a reminder for myself for the next day so I don't forget what I wasn't able to complete or which phone calls or emails I need to respond to. This program has helped tremendously with scheduling and not allowing things to slip through the cracks. That was a challenge prior to using Clear Biz, and I find the program has helped tremendously in these areas.
ProsThe scheduling and task management. Scheduling recurring tasks makes everyone's workload much easier to plan for and things don't get missed in the busyness of workflow.
ConsSome of the tabs are specialized for the state of California, so I don't use them because I'm in the state of Washington. However setting up my own Custom tasks is not difficult, so I've used those instead.
Recommendations to other buyersWe use the program on a network, so only one user at a time can log in. That works well for us; however setting up User Names and Passwords has proven to be difficult, so we don't use them. Everyone logs in under the same set up, and we're careful about any personally identifying information we enter.
Joseph S.
January 10, 2018

“not a functional program for the value”

ProsI can store all clients information. Time tracker, store files, keep tract of employees working on program, security access
Consnot practical, overpriced for a program that has less functionality than an excel spreadsheet, does not integrate well with Quickbooks, not very accurate, not easy to navigate
January 10, 2018
Veronica B.
January 25, 2017

“Very disappointed”

OverallWe basically use this software in the most basic of functions. There is no training and very little support to be able to fully utilize this software as it was intended. Do not plan on using it for much longer
Pros I have nothing positive to say other than it is an efficient program for archiving client data
ConsWe are paying for this program to track client billing, monitor client tasks that need to be accomplished accross our accounting team and ideally have it all integrate seamlessly with Quickbooks. We have been using this now for over a year and all we do is record client data in it. We have not been able to do anything with monitoring or assigning tasks. Your system is not user friendly, there was no training, so if we cant figure it out we can use it. The client time tracking was cumbersome and are using TSheets for that and they have been wonderful.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are going to bill your clients $75.00 monthly for your software, there should be some responsibility on your customer service or technicial support teams to ensure that your customers understand the software and its functionality fully rather than leaving them frustratined and uninformed
January 25, 2017
Nichole E.
Accounting, Self-employed
February 2, 2017

“Get Organized”

OverallUsing Client Track I am able to store documents, as well as assign, track and follow client work from engagement to completion. A great workflow tool!
ProsAll in on workflow tool.
ConsDocument uploading can be a little clunky.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease implement emailing from Outlook Cloud. I would rather use cloud than desktop.
February 2, 2017
Wendy B.
CPA

“Good enough”

OverallThis is a basic system that helps us track our work flow . Unfortunately it does not interface with Outlook so our emails are not stored within client folders.
ProsIts fairly easy to use and inexpensive
ConsThere are many things it cannot do
Recommendations to other buyersNope
Joseph S.
January 24, 2017

“Not there yet”

OverallFrom the initial set up to the date of this review, we have not been able to truly take full advantage of the program as expected. The program does not offer any advantages or integrations that can be done with less costly programs and much responsive Tech Support. The synchronization between the program and QuickBooks not working properly and when call tech support for assistance they refer you to QuickBooks for support. Why develop a program to sync with other program and when there is a snag send you for support with an unrelated company. If they improve on the tech support and better program communications to do as advertise, then I would definitely reconsider using them.
January 24, 2017
Jill M.

“Great Product ”

OverallWe have been using this product for about 9 months and we love it. The only downside is the constant freezing and if you leave it open for more than 2 hours, you have to close it and log back in to use it. I was told it was a Windows 10 issue but it seems that there should be a way to fix it. Otherwise the ease of use and ability to customize it to our firm is wonderful. The customer support has been excellent as well. Every time I call, they are available to help and walk me through anything I need. I really appreciate that in this world of never getting to speak to a live person. I never have to deal with a computerized answering service. I'd give them 6 stars for customer service!
Rebecca S.
February 1, 2017

“ClearBiz review”

OverallI thought this program would be helpful for tracking deadlines for our office. It is helpful but our experience getting the program started was very unsatisfactory. We were able to get assistance after I complained, so I am thankful for that and that they stood behind their product.
February 1, 2017
Deanna R.
Proprietor
February 6, 2017

“Maybe great for Canada; but US version severely lacking.”

OverallProduct has awesome potential! I was very excited to view product and get started. When we installed it was apparent that this was not the product viewed. We were told we would have to customize all the form names and due dates for US Forms and states, but an update would be coming in about two weeks. We are still waiting on that update 14 months later. I keep getting told it is coming, but I had to move on.
ProsAbility to track and report
ConsNo US or state forms support.
Recommendations to other buyersDo buy if you have US based returns.
February 6, 2017