Bullhorn ATS & CRM Ratings

Overall
4.1/5

About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn is the global leader in CRM and operations software for the staffing industry. More than 10,000 staffing companies rely on Bullhorn's cloud-based platform to place talented candidates in new roles, build relationships with clients, and power their staffing process across all teams, running as one. Headquartered in Boston, with offices around the world, Bullhorn founder-led and employs more than 950 people globally. To learn more, visit www.bullhorn.com or follow @Bullhorn on Twitter. Learn more about Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Karrah K.
Front Desk
September 13, 2019

“Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand!”

OverallI have been using Bullhorn for almost a year now - our company has been with the software for at least 5 years and they are doing everything right. At the beginning of this year my organization decided to add Sense Messaging as another way of engaging with our clientele (best decision we've made). These two pieces of software are connected on my platform and have benefited PMC together and on their own too. When we text our clientele through Sense Messaging it automatically is in the database system allowing PMC to keep track of all of the important conversations with our candidates for reference. Bullhorn has solved many business problems with its simplicity also by simply with its ability to communicate with us. The software provides all the information we need to communicate in our industry. Bullhorn has allowed PMC to keep up to date with our clients' needs in positions and our candidates interests and success to meet their goals. Bullhorn is a computer software program progressing with the times of recruitment.
ProsBullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand - well both of my hands technically - click the mouse with my right hand and type with my left hand when need be. Bullhorn is easy to use, easy to read, it's organizational, it gives you the ability to edit and delete incorrect notations and through contact with Bullhorn's Support Services we've been able to have the software edited for an addition of information that has helped us understand our consumers better to meet their needs. What is most loved about Bullhorn on my end as a Front Desk Agent is having the ability to create and edit templates. I am on the phone from 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday speaking to candidates and clients. Through all this beautiful chaos I am also transferring our customers to our recruiters, payroll admins, and directors. With the opportunity to build and create templates, I have been able to color code, have the message set up, ready to go, and tag my coworkers for knowledge all within a matter of seconds whilst assisting someone else at the same time. There is not a perfect experience to dedicate knowledge here as I successfully complete this task every time. Could not ask for a better resourceful and system.
ConsEvery perfect piece of software comes with its defects. No person is perfect and nothing they create is perfect either. Bullhorn is stubborn in the category of taking extra steps. When I receive resumes via email, I can simply parse them in no strings attached. However, if I try to parse a resume that has been sent via fax, the option is not there. As a user, one must add the candidate, save the candidate and then go back and merge if the candidate is already on file. A lot of baby steps but doable when need to be done. When candidates apply through our website, Bullhorn is outstanding and automatically merges the file into our system. Sometimes if the candidate is already in our system, Bullhorn merges the two files together and sometimes the software does not which creates confusion for our notetaking and reach outs. Thankfully knowing this, I am always 100% on the lookout for those doppelganger files and ready to merge them to create less confusion for my coworkers and our clientele.
September 13, 2019
Jeffrey A.
Partner
Staffing and Recruiting, Self-employed
December 9, 2016

“Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm”

OverallI had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or "solo" retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business. The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a "housekeeping" function that I didn't expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a "resume" submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter's database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone "is on the same" as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user's database is kept in Bullhorn's cloud storage. For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or "searchable" by a key word on my Mac's hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need. But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don't have time to personally do this. And it's often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged.
ProsIt appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.
ConsIt probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.
Recommendations to other buyersThis product is well worth a careful evaluation for any executive search or recruiting firm.
December 9, 2016
Tim S.
Operations Manager
December 7, 2016

“Bullhorn Review December 2016”

OverallI have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.
ProsBullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.
ConsI do not remember which version of Bullhorn I used at my first job (from 2007 to 2013). I do know, however, that when I started to use Bullhorn in my second job one of the features that was available in the earlier version (ability to run ad hoc reports based on the various fields in Bullhorn records) was no longer available. I found this feature extremely useful as a Bullhorn administrator for my company and regret that it's no longer available; it provided a level of detail and a freedom of reporting that is not found in the canned reports. I understand that Bullhorn's maintaining such a feature can be a heavy one, but I miss this feature nonetheless. I think it was called Bullhorn 360. Lastly, I do have one other comment. I love the "Merge Record" feature but I find it very complicated to choose the secondary record from the list after I've chosen the primary record first. The primary record shows up as an option when choosing the secondary record for the merge. This is a small detail but one that would be wonderful to correct.
Recommendations to other buyersI heartily recommend Bullhorn to users. I would suggest that they understand the Tools section of the system thoroughly and that they especially learn how to revise, add/subtract from, the field mappings, view layouts and system settings. I think some users may not understand or know that they can personalize the system and that's extremely important.
December 7, 2016
Paul S.
Vice President, Technology Recruiter
October 14, 2016

“Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn”

OverallHow to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn's streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.
ProsBullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call. Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development. Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.
ConsIntegration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product. New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page. System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.
Recommendations to other buyersWith quite a few solid offerings in the Recruitment ATS space, due diligence is key. You can increase your adoption rate and return on your investment by keeping your user base in mind and finding the solution that best fits your company's workflow, policy, and procedure.
October 14, 2016
May 18, 2016

“Good but not perfect”

OverallWe have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn processes. They have made a lot of improvements and additions to Bullhorn in the past year, but not all things work the way a regular user may think. The way to pull lists now, is not the same as it used to be. For example. If you are trying to generate a list of client contacts based on recent placements, there is no real easy way to do this now (like you used to be able to do). You either have to go in each placement one by one and add the client contact to a distribution list or do a million steps which sometimes does not work. Pulling this list used to be very easy and now you can no longer do this the way you used to be able to. Some processes are not as user friendly to figure out so we always hope Bullhorn is making adjustments - getting into the mind of the users and how they might think to do things, rather than a multi step process that takes calling Bullhorn directly to figure out. We recently started using the NPS to survey our clients. We have used other products in the past to generate this same gauge for customer satisfaction, and there definitely can be more improvements to this to make it better. We would love to see a better way to add clients to the survey based on placements without having to open each placement one by one and going into the client contact to add them to the survey. Same as most issues. We want to pull client lists quite often based on the placements we make and there seems to be no quick, clear and direct way to do this. We have had some issues with seamless functions with more advanced things - i.e. In building out an on boarding/application portal WITH the Bullhorn developers, we have experienced a lot of issues when people are trying to apply to our jobs. trying to get things worked on can take a VERY long time for these more advanced fixes. If it is just a general fix in the system, the response time is usually very good.
ProsIt does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)
Consdown times/issues do come up could use better process for doing certain searches (noted in review)
May 18, 2016
Martin G.
Data Analyst
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Change request take too long”

ProsThere is a wide marketplace of third party partners who can offer additional features that can easily be implemented into the core product.
ConsTime scale to deliver changes that require assistance from Bullhorn are too long. It would be good to have a fast track option for minor changes.
Director, Recruiting
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
August 18, 2016

“Bullhorn for your Daily Use- Staffing Recruiters Best Friend”

OverallBullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.
ProsBullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.
ConsBullhorn has lots of great tools out of the box so it is best to explore this before completing too much customization and automations. You may find better out of the box ways to do things versus spending money on customizations that you don't need or use after going live.
Recommendations to other buyersKnow your user group and their ability to adapt to a new tool. There is a change management element to Bullhorn so it is best to prepare people for life after implementation. Your Project Manager for implementation will be invaluable after Go Live as they will know the ins and outs of your configuration- this person should be someone that you will retain in the organization as they will be your Super Guru.
August 18, 2016
Angelena D.
February 28, 2019

“A powerful CRM with great resources for future development”

OverallThe fact that Bullhorn never stops on the achieved results make us believe that their functionality can bring even more benefits in the future. This vendor can surprise their customers with a lot of new features, each of which is equally qualitative to the previous standard package of abilities.
ProsThis is a tool where everything is ready at hand. Bullhorn offers opportunities for lead generation, as well as for requirement delivery. The management process is seamless and does not require creating API linkages between multiple programs. All the information about each user/employee is organized in a logical and visually convenient form. Besides, the program offers easy and fast abilities to contact each other inside the system and share some important files. It is incredibly important for our company to be ahead of the competition and to make as many people of our target audience as possible aware of our services. We do believe that Bullhorn is really what we need for this aim to come true. With its help, our company can easily gather like-minded fellows in one team to create really unique and thoughtful ideas and run successful projects.
ConsTo tell the truth, it was hard to find anything we do dislike about Bullhorn. There are just some small shortcomings we would like to see improved in the future releases. For instance, our company would appreciate greatly if Bullhorn paid more attention to their ATS functionality. Very rarely, but still, there might be some problems with the e-mails arrival (personally, we faced this error just once or twice). In general, Bullhorn is a satisfactory platform.
February 28, 2019
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
November 2, 2016

“Comprehensive Design”

OverallBullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more. Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws. With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime. As a Staffing Agency, our entire organization uses Bullhorn CRM. Bullhorn is our main recruiting tool allowing us to easily manage sales leads, candidate leads, and all levels of the staffing process. It effectively addresses the time issue; this tool saves us a great deal of time by organizing each of our processes in a general tab format.
ProsOrganization - The layout of the Bullhorn interface is simple. This makes training new users easy and makes working in bullhorn stress-free. Detail - Bullhorn allows us to enter and retrieve a great amount of detail within records. This allows for accurate reporting and follow-up. Customization - Bullhorn is very customizable. We can easily add components and fields to the interface within each function of the CRM.
ConsUser Interface - Though highly customizable, the windows and popups can be quirky. The sizes of windows for example can sometimes be to small for the data contained and require a great deal of scrolling to navigate through. Email Capability - Bullhorn would be better with a full service email suite which included all of the functions of MS Outlook for example. Data speed - We all want to work faster. Bullhorn can sometimes be a bit sluggish with the transmission of data.
Recommendations to other buyers I would suggest making sure that the CRM software you select is highly customizable. We have realized a clear, positive benefit from Bullhorn's ability to integrate with other software. We have our background check vendor integrated within our CRM platform and by doing so have saved a great deal of time and money as a result.
November 2, 2016
Sarah G.

“So easy to use”

OverallGreat- makes us faster and more productive
ProsEasy to use, intuitive, makes life easier
ConsWhen things go wrong - ie when we lose our notes for a while. Technical glitches!
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2019

“One Stop Shop”

OverallOverall, I can still say that Bullhorn is the best recruiting software. I would highly recommend this tool to other staffing firms.
ProsBullhorn is the best ATS I have ever used. It is very user-friendly. It only took me a day to know my way around bullhorn. It allows you to edit fields while you are looking at the list. This is very helpful as you do not need to click on a specific link to have it edited. Also, I love that it is integrated with MS Exchange as email conversations are recorded and can be seen by all internal employees. In addition, it is very easy to track the progress of each requisition. Bullhorn also allows you to set up reminders which are very helpful for busy recruiters like me. I love that text messages are also recorded in the system. Lastly, they have an awesome technical support team! Way to go!
ConsFor me, Bullhorn can still improve on tearsheets. Recruiters should be able to edit fields without them having to click a specific link/candidate. It would be very beneficial if they would add this feature as most job postings are really fast-moving. Another thing that I have noticed is with duplicate candidates. Sometimes I add a specific candidate and it shows me, 50 plus duplicate candidates. When I try to click one, it's nowhere similar to the resume that I uploaded. I hope they can do something about this.
January 31, 2019
Jesica B.
CRM Manager
Insurance, 1-10 employees
March 7, 2019

“Great for recruiters”

OverallThis platform turned out to be really handy for candidate recruiting. Users should pay special attention to the report functions, as they are really helpful in recruiting. For people who like everything individually organized and neat, it's a lifesaver.
Pros- A truly simplistic layout - Seamless integration of all data from different sources to one complete Bullhorn database. - Efficient tasklist and search - Managing client and talent leads has become much easier - A real time saver - Contact list is searchable and easy to navigate An extremely useful service for integrating databases (e.g. client and sales, recruiting data etc). Bullhorn is one of the best CRM's I have worked with. Simple, clean visuals, intuitive functions, good integration features. Allows synchronization with other programs and tools. - Customizable, with lots of functions - Compatible with tons of other software
Cons- Some problems with user interface, like popups - Refreshing posts is sometimes delayed, especially if they are close in time - Small window sizes, requires lots of scrolling action - Speed - data transmission could be much faster - Needs a lot of updating and administration (which is honestly the problem of all CRM sofrware) - Keeps old data which you have to delete manually, or it will interfere with current priorities
March 7, 2019
Juli U.
Sourcing Manager
January 31, 2017

“Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies”

OverallI generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick. We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization.
Pros- Easy to use for a small operation such as ours - Great customer service - Regular updates to the software
Cons- New features are rarely communicated and it's difficult to find out what products were added and are available to me (We have Bullhorn S release and lots of functionality is available but I wouldn't know about) - Some type of automation would be needed to make daily processes easier, for example, buttons to track calls vs. having to add a note - Currently no data mining tool available for no cost that would allow to clean up data.
Recommendations to other buyersA Bullhorn is a great tool overall. Just make sure it's the right choice for you because switching from Bullhorn to a different SaaS will be difficult. Data transfer isn't as easy as it seems and Bullhorn aggregates data fast. Make sure to assign someone to learn the ins and outs of the software and create subject matter experts. Even people who have worked here 9 years don't always know the features and how to tweak reports and such. Be pro-active in your outreach to Bullhorn to learn about updates and new functions. They won't tell you and I haven't heard from my customer service rep in at least a year.

By Bullhorn on February 3, 2017
Hi Juli, Thank you for your feedback regarding are communication style with new features. We strive to provide a great experience and provide our customers with all the information that they need to be successful, and it is helpful to know where we can improve. I will send you a private email with a link to the customer portal. In addition to great learning videos, the portal also provides detailed monthly listings of all new features, updates, bug fixes, etc. If there is anything else that I can help with, please feel free to email me at emily.saquet@bullhorn.com.
January 31, 2017
October 11, 2019

“Bullhorn”

OverallWorks overall well for our needs, it's a bit pricey but does the job for a staffing firm
ProsIt's easy to pick up if you're a new user, the navigation is intuitive and it's rather easy to find what you need, input data, etc.
ConsThere's a lot of bugs and issues when it comes to logging in to sessions, it kicking you out too quickly, and a lot of features are either redundant or don't exist. (ie. you can't delete a company profile?) It's also difficult to edit features in the field mapping, acts too much like coding if you're not familiar with how to make those changes.
October 11, 2019
Brian E.
Talent Acquisition Lead
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

“Excellent ATS System”

OverallBullhorn is an excellent ATS system for recruiters, allowing for tracking of candidates and requirements through the entire hiring cycle. Bullhorn even allows for the ease of Resource Management with the ability to keep track of when projects are scheduled to end. The User Interface is very user friendly and intuitive. Configuring Bullhorn for the look and feel I want is also very simple. The functionality to be able to track emails to and from both candidates and hiring managers is a fantastic tool which helps in looking at history, both for future hires from hiring managers as well as to see interactions with candidates and employees in the past.
ProsExcellent user interface with the ability to have various tabs on candidates so that different parts of the organization can see what they need. Tracking of emails with both Candidates/Employees as well as Hiring Managers/Client Contacts History is kept of progress through each job Candidates can be in the process for several jobs at once Search is very easy to find candidates in the database that match the job. It is also very simple to search for past jobs that may be similar to see candidates that had previously been successful.
Mark A.
Staffing and Recruiting, Unspecified
November 19, 2015

“Why we chose Bullhorn over the company choice”

ProsWe were encouraged to use a different ATS and chose to pay a little MORE for Bullhorn S for a few reasons: 1. Email is the primary form of communication for many conversations and the ability to be in the database while in Outlook was the number one reason for choosing Bullhorn S 2. Having the ability to create a workflow that matched our needs was a must. We do both direct hire and high volume contracting. We a process that works for both income streams 3. Customer Service - we almost didn't go with Bullhorn because of "rumors" about customer service support. We took the chance and are thrilled that we did. The customer service team usually picks up in a few rings. Even if the first level tech doesn't have the solution, they will get the issue resolved almost always on the first call 4. Set up went very well. The implementation team helped us to configure Outlook and Microsoft Office 365
ConsUnfortunately the program setup forces you to select creation of emails using either Outlook or within the ATS. We create our emails using Outlook as normal and the emails are logged in the database. BUT if you are doing a mass email or want to use a stored template, it is a little bit of a process to bring up the email editor and to email via the database. That is manageable. The real issue is that often emails sent within the database wind up in SPAM. I have been told that there is NO solution. It means that I must follow up with the email recipient to guarantee receipt.
Recommendations to other buyersPrioritize what is MOST important to your daily operation prior to test driving the many choices.
November 19, 2015
Joshua L.
Administrative manager
1-10 employees
January 21, 2019

“Easy to use / pricy but worth it! ”

OverallBullhorn is helpful and I love being able to access it from anywhere - the pricing is high but again this is the easiest of ATS/CRM that ia available to consumers - which is a good thing!
ProsBullhorn is a super user friendly CRm compared to other ATS or CRM software available. We are able to easily integrate job boards and this list of available integrations seems to be growing by the month! My favorite feature is the texting! A lot of people respond to text and the convenience of having it on BH is easier than trying to find other sources (even though integrations are available)
ConsBullhorn offers a matching feature and several filtering systems to help identify candidates. I find these to be lacking with room for improvement. You can go to filter out candidates for a warehouse role but could end up with a variety of admin and blank resumes. It is hit and miss but that could even reflect how our data is parsed into the system. I personally have not had much success using this feature.
January 21, 2019
Human Resources, 501-1000 employees
September 18, 2018

“Bullhorn, straightforward”

OverallCost wise you only pay for a CRM solution but you also get a job board something that is gold for recruiters, an extra job board is always welcome. It does also save time, something that most of us fail to realize it takes a couple of minutes to parse a candidate to any crm system with all the information in a resume, Bullhorn solves this by automatically parsing candidates to its system,specially if Monster.com is linked. You can save precious time and get more time to reach candidates vs parsing them.
ProsBullhorn is one of those software's out there that are pretty straightforward in terms of use. Great specially for those starting out in the recruiting world. What makes bullhorn great is that its not only a good end to end application tracking system but it also serves as a candidate pool of all the candidates that all the users within the company has ever entered in. Not only do you get a CRM but you also get a Job board. For recruiters like me another Job board to source on is another mine of gold. Its also great that you can link Monster.com to it. Makes parsing candidates form Monster a lot easier and saves time.
ConsNothing really , I just wished they had like a night mode or a livelier color scheme.
September 18, 2018
October 2, 2017

“Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process”

OverallBullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.
ProsBullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members. The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.
ConsThere are a few areas within the application that you do not have the ability to configure. If these area had configuration ability it would be great. The overall application has tons of customization and configuration ability but those few small areas that don't really should be inline with all the other areas.
October 2, 2017
April 30, 2017

“Powerful tool, mid level complexity”

Pros- Great enterprise implementation team - Intuitive layout - Useful data integrity features (ie. any field can be made mandatory) - Automatic Email inclusion - Good support (within local AU support scope, US support has been underwhelming) - SalesDuel
ConsBuilt-in reporting is non-existent with two addon options available, the first being a third party who can create reports for you, and another called Canvas - BullHorn's solution to the overall lack of reporting. Cavnas: Canvas is an in-house rebuild of Cognos Reporting suite however it has a lot of key features disabled, such as the ability for report creators to Cross-Join when required, edit SQL code to enforce certain report behaviour and some minor inconsistent functionality behaviour. Any raised issues are handled well by our local AU support, however, the US Canvas development team are rarely able to provide long-term solutions. As of 1/5/2017, I can't endorse Canvas as a complete or entirely functional product. Training: If you are moving from a system like JobAdder where the entire concept is around making the process as simple as possible and are making more fields mandatory, you'll need more than the basic BullHorn supplied training for your users to ensure the transition is smooth. Data Display: Some overarching data is unavailable in any form, such as "Last Contacted". You can find "Last Note Added" and "Last Edited", however, neither of these take into consideration the Outlook Email integration they have in place. Which makes it difficult to determine the last time a contact was actually contacted in any way. The solutions around this are poor.
April 30, 2017
Venugopal S.
Technical Support
Insurance, 5001-10,000 employees
August 20, 2018

“Connect to Bullhorn and Get to the next level of CRM”

ProsIt is one of the best CRM I have ever seen in my life. In today's Business-to-Business (B2B), the communication isn't limited to 1 on 1 conversation, it is now converted from one team to another team. So we are unable to record all the conversation, that's why a concept had been aroused in form of Bullhorn so that we are able to record all the important information during conversations. It is very easy to use and is very efficient in its working. Variety of functions can be found here, mainly for searching and sorting information and for reporting data as well. The reason why I said it be one of the best it is just because it offers best customer service in the industry as well as get updates in every month. Here, you can post jobs easily and can set reminders. Lots of customization is also available here.
ConsEven though it is a great software, if it provides more flexibility on a mobile device then it would have been great. Another tremendous problem is that it is very costly i.e. not affordable for everyone even if one wishes. That's the only thing in which it lags the most!! However, Timeouts in times of active workings is quite cumbersome, so that should also be improved. Moreover, it causes a lot of glitches like will throw you out if parsing or updating of resumes is not done properly. It also has some difficulties and issues regarding tracking multiple branches, reporting due to tracking issues and many more.
August 20, 2018
Heather D.
Recruiting / HR Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2017

“Bullhorn Delivers on Agency Recruiting and CRM”

OverallI reviewed a total of 6 systems before deciding on Bullhorn. All of them needed to be able to support CRM functionality since we are a small IT recruiting agency. A selected a total of 3 programs after going through demos. I received trial accounts on all 3 systems and Bullhorn was definitely the best equipped to handle our needs for both an ATS and CRM with many options to customize.
ProsLove that it is fully customizable. You can edit field names, edit candidate workflows and disposition status, just about anything you need. I built an industry list and more, custom-tailored to our unique needs. Also, their *customer support* is available through many avenues and are VERY responsive.
ConsSome of the things about the workflows are difficult to understand and take more time than they should (in my opinion). For example, In order to reject a candidate, you first need to Submit them to the job, EVEN THOUGH they already applied for that job. This seems counter-intuitive since they should already be associated with the job. However, submitting them to the job is different than submitting them to the client. When a candidate applies to a job, it is marked as a Web Response only. Still, doesn't make sense to me, but oh well. Also, to create a Job, you first need to create a Company record and a Contact record for that company. However, the information from those screens does auto-populate the subsequent screens, which helps save a bit of time.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall, I think Bullhorn is an excellent product for the price. Make sure you know what you need as a company so you are purchasing the correct package level while avoiding unnecessary spending. At this time I believe they offer 3 different packages.
January 23, 2017
Brian G.
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
Banking, 1001-5000 employees
August 15, 2017

“The best recruiting ATS/CRM I have experienced!”

OverallThis is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend. It is on the cutting edge of recruiting, and is a must-have for people looking to take their organization's talent acquisition efforts to the next level.
ProsBullhorn is very intuitive, and I love that it passively tracks email conversations through email formats like Microsoft Outlook. It has powerful reporting capabilities, and makes sourcing passive talent much easier than with a traditional ATS product. It is reliable, has a nice, modern user interface, and is great for when there are multiple recruiters or teams working on the same projects. There are nice branding and marketing options available as well.
ConsThere can be a bit of a learning curve involved, depending on the system that people switch over from. Also, some of the options and customizations can only be accessed, managed or implemented at the enterprise level, which can sometimes be frustrating when there are multiple organizations and operating companies utilizing the technology under a broad set of circumstances.
August 15, 2017
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 8, 2017

“Bullhorn CRM- Quick and Easy to Configure and Use”

OverallEasy to get your teams up to date and configure.
ProsIf you are already using Bullhorn as the ATS, it is easy to get your users up to speed on the CRM as it is the same look and feel. The users are familiar with the features and easily able to navigate through the Leads and Opportunity process. The email tracking is great as it allows others to have the same information on the lead without having to speak to the lead owner. The opportunities component allows to track longer term prospects and projects that could come to fruition in the future. It is an easy way to track and keep up to date on task and activities that need to be done a future date and time.
ConsIt would be great if you could take a lead and convert into a Job instead of creating an opportunity and converting to a job. This is if you use within the staffing industry.
May 8, 2017
Alissa G.
Accountant/Payroll Manager
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees

“Bullhorn Review”

OverallI do not use Bullhorn too much but am a big user of Bullhorn Back Office. I am logged in everyday and have utilized almost every functionality available. My biggest issue with this system is the small quirks and glitches. We recently had an issue with employees creating a copy of their timesheet and using PTO that caused the time to not calculate correctly. There was no solution or correction at the time. This is the perfect example of a weird glitch in the system that can be troublesome. Other than those small things, I am very happy with the functionality of Back Office specifically. The ease of use for one system to hold our timesheets, payables, commissions and invoicing makes my job a lot easier as the Accountant and Payroll Manager.
ProsAs noted above in my review, the biggest pro is the ability of the system to hold multiple functionalities for our company.
ConsAs noted in my review, the biggest con is the small glitches/quirks that the system has. It seems in every functionality I could name some sort of glitch that I have experienced.
Brandon S.
Director - Shared Services
June 14, 2018

“Bullhorn is the top system in the industry!”

ProsBullhorn is an excellent open source system that allows us to effectively engage our Candidates and Clients and driv revenue across our multiple business lines. They understand who they are and what they are great at and bring partners alongside to provide the industry leading tech that they do not have embedded in their tool. the support has also greatly improved in our 4 years where our questions and issues are answered within a day at the most. and, our rep is the best. She is so engaged with us and provides updates and keeps us where we want to be, on the leading edge.
ConsI honestly have no cons for Bullhorn. the suggestions we have provided over the years have been taken to heart and implemented so that is all you can ask frm a partner. Listen to your clients and take action on relevant things.
June 14, 2018
Corene R.
Co-Owner / recruiter
April 25, 2017

“Bullhorn does a good job ”

OverallThe price is high for a mom and pop like us. There is a local company called Loxo that is much less and offers similar features.
ProsAuto parsing from e-mails is convenient, tearsheets, searching functions are good. Features for recording placements and managing commissions is great.
ConsI think the front screen fields could be better - such as a place to put info so all recruiters see right away - such as don't use candidate, locations of interest. I label all dialogue that comes back from a candidate as inbound. It would be good to have the fields of returned inmail, or returned e-mail, Taking candidates off from a tearsheet from the candidate screen isn't easy. I have to go into the actual tearsheet to remove it. For some reason, I get cued to login to bullhorn all the time. Mostly when parsing an e-mail. It could take 2-3 logins to get to the right screen.
April 25, 2017
Rebecca S.
January 25, 2017

“Bullhorn's Features Stand Out Among Other Options”

OverallI have been using Bullhorn for almost one year and am overall very pleased with the features and functionality of this software. I have changed roles at my company, from a recruiter position to a sales role, and have found that both interfaces are easy to use and easy for new members to learn quickly. We rely on Bullhorn very heavily at my company for data integrity and compliance, and rarely have any issues with it.
ProsIn my role as an account manager/sales position at a recruiting company, I am responsible for setting up many in-person meetings with our clients. Bullhorn is capable of sending meeting/calendar invites to clients through the software, which makes it easy to run reports on my activity levels. I rely heavily on the "tasks" feature within Bullhorn to send me reminders and have found that I reference my notes within the tool very often as time goes by and I have trouble remembering little details about my clients.
ConsI don't like how Bullhorn automatically uploads all of my emails between my client and myself to their profiles in Bullhorn. I'm not sure if this is something that was set up by my company or if it is a standard feature of Bullhorn, but I will sometimes send emails from my personal address to avoid them being accessible to everyone in the company.
Recommendations to other buyersBullhorn is overall very effective and allows members of a team to quickly and easily access information. As long as employees use the tool, it has the potential to be a great addition to any firm. We even have a saying at our company, "If it didn't happen in Bullhorn, then it didn't happen," to remind us that logging every candidate and client touch is essential.
January 25, 2017
Director, Recruiting

“Bullhorn- Ease of Use”

OverallWe have been on the Bullhorn Platform for over 6 years and has become the hub of all our Recruitment and Sales interactions. The tool is easy to use, easy to update and the user friendly design makes it easy to get a new user up to speed quickly. The online training and resource centre makes finding information simple. We use this for all aspects from Lead Generation through to Offer/Placement.
ProsEase of Use Ease of Implementation Easy to get a new user up to speed Great support
ConsProfessional Services work- There is an opportunity to do customization to the product but would suggest waiting to see if needed. Customizations are usually where you will have issues when something breaks. The core product is always working but automations is where you may see failures.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep your implementation team in house as there are countless hours of free product training that you get as the Project Manager and Implementation team that you don't want to leave the organization.
Benefits and Onboarding Administrator

“Comprehensive Design”

ProsThe integration. We are able to integrate third-party software into our platform which allows us to work from one tool. We save time and money as a result.
ConsWith so many features, the user interface can become cumbersome and imperfect.
Recommendations to other buyersWe've been very successful and have managed a great deal of growth with no hiccups as a result. I think you'll find this software will meet your recruiting management needs.
Karanjeet K.
Candidate Experience Specialist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

“Thomas Thor Review.”

OverallSo far it has been good
ProsUser friendly, has potential and support is very reliable
ConsLimitation on few important features - it is not fun to always be referred to 3rd party (cost a lot of investment)
Bre P.
Recruiter
August 1, 2019

“Bullhorn ATS”

ProsThis ATS has everything! Its user interface is unbeatable. The ATS requires little to no training because it is so simple to use, but still has complex and detailed features. I am able to integrate Bullhorn with email, ring central, our video interview platform and various job boards so all work can be done on the system.
ConsThe Jobs / Opportunities part can be a little repetitive and complex. But just something to get used to!
August 1, 2019
Stacey D.
Candidate Relations Specialist
July 16, 2019

“Great ATS with a few kinks that still need to be worked out”

ProsBullhorn is by far the Cadillac of applicant tracking systems and the best one I have used. It has a lot of great functionality and integration with other tools.
ConsWith that said, there are a few things that could be improved. As a recruiter, I live in Bullhorn. It tends to be down often, with not a lot of action from the customer service side. Their customer service is friendly, but doesn't have a lot of great fixes. Definitely an area of improvement.
July 16, 2019
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 31, 2019

“A Sophisticated Tool for Customer Relationship Management: Bullhorn CRM”

OverallI will say that Bullhorn CRM is the best CRM software product for managing customer-relationship in any organization from my experience. It is a robust tool that ensures customer satisfaction and retention as well as providing the opportunity for new customers thus increasing the company's productivity. its interface is quite simple to use and appealing. I highly recommend Bullhorn CRM to those companies looking for better CRM solutions.
ProsBullhorn CRM capability to provide immediate insight into the person that is in touch and the capability to keep track of all conversations between different stakeholders makes it superior over other CRM software. Increased customer relation has led to improve in my organization's productivity. another cool feature about is about its intuitive interface that is simple and easy to work with even for the inexperienced users.
ConsIn my opinion, I will say the latency experienced by Bullhorn CRM has made it be time-consuming in some context and even failure to capture data from the user.
May 31, 2019
March 8, 2019

“Bullhorn's the best, except at support”

OverallExceptional product, features, functionality, and integrations. I have been used as a customer reference many times at Bullhorn.
ProsBullhorn is the most comprehensive, full-featured, PaaS for recruiting, especially if you're a Recruiting Agency like our firm. Our job board, Cloud VoIP and a host of other integrations make Bullhorn indispensable. User since 2008.
ConsBullhorn has only recently got the message that product support and customer success are as important as features and functionality. They have upped their game (albeit from a low base) and the results show it. They have only recently added an excellent Inbound Marketing integration (with SalesFusion) but the pricing is contact-based (like Mail Service Providers or other CRMs) so it's out of reach for most agencies, especially us with 465K contacts!
March 8, 2019
Tamara C.
finance and compliance manager
11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Database management”

Overallonline chat are good, they dont know the more detailed information but will find it out .
ProsIt is easy to navigate, easy to send emails, and add notes to contacts, the overview pages are interactive and provide lots of information in an easy layout. Companies and contacts link easily together. The search functionality is comprehensive, and it is easy to be fairly competent.
Consone of my issues is adding notes is to a maximum of 500 records. Sometimes a note needs to added to several thousand which requires creating a lot of lists with the same criteria but excluding each of the lists you have created so far. Pulling off the first list took me 10 minutes it then took me 2 days more to add all the notes. The backend and how it can be manipulated is much less easy to navigate. With goals there is an issue with the way some things are recorded. a note saved to 500 people will only show as 1 note if you do it through batches so it is difficult to get relevant sales stats.
February 6, 2019
Shawn C.
Senior Operations Analyst
May 20, 2016

“Easy to Use ATS with Excellent Up-Time and a Healthy Customizability”

OverallLike any product, it's important to understand your needs. Bullhorn isn't a perfect fit for every company, but for our Enterprise account of 100+ users, it's served rather well for over 6 years. I cannot speak about the conversion as I joined just about a year after. Over the past 5 years, the product has matured greatly. Up-time has improved immensely to the point the service is almost never down. Due to complex business needs, our product has been heavily customized internally and with the aid of Bullhorn's support -- for a fee of course. Managing the customization process is reasonable and within expectations, but you need to test the end-products thoroughly. It's been rare that Bullhorn wasn't able to accommodate a request, though the project timelines have grown over time. Bullhorn offers API access to further customize your functionality; something we've used to a huge extent. A third-party marketplace offers many additional features and add-ins typically with varying cost structures. We've used a few successfully and most have been valuable, others have not. Bullhorn used to come with a flexible custom reporting engine, but that is gone and the canned reports currently leave a little to be desired. User support has historically been excellent, though lately response time to non-urgent issues have slipped to several days. Overall, support tickets take a little longer to get resolved than before. Seems to be more bureaucracy that wasn't there before, though the staff we've worked with have always been friendly genuinely concerned with providing a resolution. Managing user access levels are simplified by Bullhorn managed roles. Changes beyond the core roles need to go through support, which generally hasn't been a problem for us. The application is very simple to use and even our most technologically challenged users pick it up quickly. Overall, Bullhorn offers a reasonably flexible product, with many features, simple administration and an easy interface. If your business isn't very complex, and you'd rather focus on the day-to-day operations, Bullhorn may be a solution for you.
May 20, 2016
Amy T.
Account Executive
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2019

“Bullhorn is a great CRM!”

OverallI would say Bullhorn is a fast, easy to use CRM that makes tracking information easier than ever. It's quick to learn and stay organized all in one place. I would recommend companies to use Bullhorn and the other softwares that they offer as well!
ProsBullhorn is extremely easy to use and has a great user interface with their clean design. It's a customizable CRM and is extremely useful for both our sales and recruiting teams. Bullhorn also integrates well with a few other softwares that become easy to track within BH so nothing gets lost.
ConsThe only down side is having things fixed quickly. It's easy to email support with your issue and they'll get back with you in 2-3 days, but it might take another week until the issue itself gets fixed unless it's an emergency. Besides that, not many other downsides!
August 22, 2019
Kristyn H.
Technical Recruiter
October 31, 2016

“Bullhorn for the Win! ”

OverallAs a Technical Recruiter in the IT staffing industry you quickly learn the importance of leveraging efficient technologies that add immediate value to your business objectives. A Full Life Cycle Recruiter manages the entire recruitment process, initiating it by posting a job, procuring and screening candidate resumes, interviewing candidates, and extending formal offers of employment. I can confidently say that Bullhorn helps me meet my objectives from start to finish. The functionality and ease of use (in my opinion) are strong attributes of the product. When there are a million things going on in your day you can appreciate a simplistic platform that is easy to navigate. The reporting and analytics are also a huge plus for me as well. I reevaluate my recruiting process often by utilizing my Bullhorn reports to evaluate my metrics. For example, I pay very close attention to where I have sourced recent hires from to determine which job boards for certain roles are yielding better results.
ProsBullhorn is a cloud based application that allows multiple customers to use it at once. I love the idea of uploading all of my candidate files and notes onto Bullhorn and having access to them at any place or time. This is huge for me! It creates flexibility in the work I do independently but more importantly it helps for great collaboration when working with my colleagues.
ConsBullhorn has exceeded my expectations. I have not come across any functions or features that did not add value to my role and responsibilities.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a new ATS system or interested in learning more about the features Bullhorn has to offer I would certainly suggest getting a demo on their product.
October 31, 2016
Julian L.
Recruiter
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2016

“Bullhorn saves me so much time!”

OverallBullhorn is great because it is web-based and you can used it anywhere. This enables you to work on the go and not be crippled in the office. It's great for tracking applicants to certain jobs. It's ability to search for candidates per criteria makes it one of the best in the business. The amount of search fields you can filter by will ensure that you are sourcing the most qualified candidates - the biggest advantage is you are connecting with candidates who are not on the public job boards. It's also updated regularly and the UI is great. Very responsive and virtually no lag - this really increase productivity and workflow. Collaboration with other users in the organization is top notch. Everyone involved in the same job can have quick/easy access to job updates to ensure time isn't wasted. Overall Bullhorn is a MANDATORY tool that all recruiting companies should own.
Pros- web based (you can used it anywhere) - tap into candidate market who are not visible on public job boards - great collaboration between users (everyone is on the same page and no time/effort is wasted)
ConsThere should be video tutorials on how to search for candidates. There are so many filters that it might be overwhelming to start searching with no training.
Recommendations to other buyersCreate an app for phones/tablets
September 26, 2016
Alex R.
Translation and Localization, 51-200 employees
September 10, 2019

“Very positive - Adaptive Globaliation”

OverallI am not part of the decision team for internal software but from what I can see, we have a very happy partnership in place.
ProsEasy to use, great tool in general. Best recruitment platform on the market.
Consstop logging me out after 30 minutes of use.
Jamie Anne s.
Recruitment Specialist
February 26, 2019

“Recruiting at its best”

OverallOverall, I strongly recommend that companies start using Bullhorn. It is definitely the best recruitment software there is.
ProsI love Bullhorn because I can access it from my laptop or even my mobile device. Our company has been using Bullhorn for years now and it greatly helped in automating our recruitment process. It is customizable and user-friendly. It is very straight forward. What I admire the most is the ability to create tearsheets for different lists of candidates. It is very helpful especially if the job posting that you are working on gets repetitive. You can also create reminders or tasks so that you will never forget to call your candidates.
ConsI think Bullhorn can improve on its text messaging features. Sometimes, the characters are not enough. Although text messages are meant to be short, it would be highly appreciated if they can add more characters to every text.
February 26, 2019
Onboarding and Benefits Coordinator
September 19, 2018

“Clean CRM Design”

OverallBullhorn is definitely one of the better CRM softwares available on the market. It has a clean, well-designed interface with plently of features for the average user. The support team a Bullhorn is great; we always had a very good experience with them. As your company grows, this CRM can grow with you but it can get expensive.
ProsBullhorn is a well designed platform. The User Interface was my favorite aspect of the design. The functions are easily located and navigable. Everything has a clean, organized appearance with intuitive design.
ConsBullhorn lacks some of the functionality of other CRM platforms. For smaller companies, it should be adequate but as our company grew, we found the need for functions such as integrated email and forms building which Bullhorn couldn't offer at a reasonable rate.
September 19, 2018
Jarit W.
January 18, 2018

“Give 60 days cancellation notice before your contract ends or it will renew.”

ProsIt's simple. I used this ATS/CRM at a previous company, so I stuck with it. You don't have to have a separate software like salesforce for the client mgmt.
ConsSometimes you have to login multiple times with your password. I don't have this problem with Wells Fargo or any other online passwords. Just bullhorn. Sometimes the automatic resume parsing icon doesn't work. It can be a little expensive for a basic account. One hundred a month is more then I pay for a premium Linkedin account. Tasks could me more streamlined to include fewer clicks to edit the date/time/etc. I got suckered into another year because of their 60 day cancellation requirement. If you don't notify them 60 days before your contract is up, your contract will automatically renew.
January 18, 2018
Brian W.
Sr. Recruiter
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
May 1, 2017

“A Cadillac ATS. ”

OverallNot only happy, but impressed, with this ATS.
ProsCustomer service has proved to be one of the main reasons I continue to be so happy with the Bullhorn product. I've spoken with numerous individuals for tech support and, while never having talked with the same person twice, have always enjoyed really great support - and even received ideas on thinking outside the box on how to utilize the ATS to best suit my specific needs. I'm also a big fan of the marketplace. Bullhorn, in my opinion, is teamed with some great partners which just strengthens its ease of access. I also like the periodic updates and videos that highlight changes to the interface or new features. There's a great ease of use that comes with this ATS and the customization is unlike any I've seen before.
ConsPrice wise it's more on the expensive side, but I'm happy to pay the amount given what I receive in return.
May 1, 2017
Jennifer S.
System Specialist
August 8, 2016

“Excellent ATS!”

OverallI have been using Bullhorn for over 8 years. I train every new hire and it is quick to get new recruiters up and running as the system is very user-friendly and easy to learn. I love that you can easily customize every screen in Bullhorn so that it fits your companies workflow!
ProsThe lists are my favorite feature. They have greatly helped our company. We can filter on any data point in Bullhorn to create available candidate lists for our recruiters and target lists for our sales reps. Notes can be entered very quickly into Bullhorn on a candidate or clients record. As a result we have been able to reduce our unemployment rate by several percentages saving our company thousands of dollars.
ConsNone! Bullhorn is constantly updating their software and making improvements. I have no complaints.
August 8, 2016
Marc R.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
May 16, 2016

“Solid and Useful Tool for Recruiting and Sales”

OverallI have used Bullhorn from 2004 until 2015 -- when my employer took a slight break to convert over to another ATS based on SalesForce. Full Disclosure -- Bullhorn was taking too long to convert us over to the S Release and our Management felt it was time to make a change to a new product. After a little less than 1 year on the SalesForce product ( it was a terrible experience ) , our Company is back to using Bullhorn, this time on the S Release version. Bullhorn is a solid tool for Recruitment and Sales in the Staffing and Solutions arena. With the S Release, I feel Bullhorn has only improved. We're able to use the product on all browsers and the mobile experience has gotten slightly improved. We've had Bullhorn integrated with exchange since roughly 2006 and it has been a great balance. We get to use a great email client and Bullhorn still tracks and stores all communications to clients and candidates.
ProsBullhorn has great usability 'Right out of the Box and is easy and flexible to customize screens and fields. Intuitive workflow with the ability to track the most important Activities, events, and stats They have built up many great partnerships with 3rd party products and services so that integration can be very easy Customer Support has improved dramatically in the last 5 years.
ConsReporting has improved with the S-Release for standard reports. But Customized reporting is still difficult to do on your own -- if not impossible -- and often requires their professional services
May 16, 2016
Carol B.
February 16, 2017

“Long-Time User”

OverallI think overall Bullhorn is a solid product. We have had some issues when we had to move over to another provider for our email. There have been some bugs that really took much longer to resolve than they should have. But overall their tech support is solid.
ProsThe ease of integrating resumes into BH. I also think that the Tech support is top notch!
ConsIt feels like sometimes BH can turn into a black hole of candidates. It would be helpful to have better searching features. I would also like to add that it would be extremely helpful to work out bugs that have been an issue for several months listed as a priority and not you get to them when you get to them.
Recommendations to other buyersBullhorn is a solid product but they do have features/bugs that they need to work on. There tech support is great and most go out of their way to help you.
February 16, 2017
Hayley W.
Business Lead

“Overall helpful”

OverallSo far it's working well, things that can improve are email templates from sending cvs and interview confirmations, we're unable to customise out interview confirmations to include all information when it's sent out
ProsThe idea is great, we love using the ats and call list functionality and are driving this in our business, so far well received.
ConsEmail templates and formatting is an issue, we're unable to deliver pictures in emails from the ats or call lists which is a real blocker for us and our users aren't bulk emailing from these apps because of it. We are unable to hide email templates from specific users which causes confusion between our brands. Adding people to call lists in bulk is an issue too, we need to be able to select multiple people and add them to call lists all at once.
Aneliya K.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Good quality overall and very good support”

OverallOverall positive
ProsThe support and the interconnections within different parts of the system
ConsReports issues, I get a lot of complaints from users about it