FocusMe for Outlook Ratings

Overall

About FocusMe for Outlook

Ceptara's FocusMe application is a Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016 add-in designed to help you and your team achieve greater focus by taming email, organizing action (mail, tasks, appointments, documents, & notes) by project, track time and billing, and facilitate collaboration via email, FocusSync and SharePoint. The tool saves you time and stress by focusing you on achieving your goals. Learn more about FocusMe for Outlook

Gary B.
Pastor
10,001+ employees
July 15, 2016

“Excellent Software”

OverallIt requires a bit of a learning curve to learn how ot use the software to its fullest. It is the only solution that works with Outlook, GTD, and Pocket Informant.
ProsThe feature set is extremely comprehensive. It really helps me to stay on top of the many projects that I handle. The trouble free synchronization with Pocket Informant makes this software a keeper.
ConsI must admit that I am not fond of the yearly billing, but I suppose that is the wave of the future. The earlier versions of FocusMe were quite buggy, but now the kinks have been largely worked out of it.
Recommendations to other buyersI would love it if you would offer your custormers discounts for signing up for multiple years. This will certainly encourage you loyal customers to support your software for years to come.
July 15, 2016
Alfred C.
Chief Integration Officer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2016

“Most Comprehensive Outlook Add-In”

OverallHave been experimenting with multiple software packages that allow me the ability to incorporate the disciplines of Getting Things Done, Lean, Covey and Microsoft Project in an Outlook add-in. This is the only one I have found over the last ten years that actually works.
ProsInexpensive Comprehensive Flexible
ConsWaiting for Office 365 SharePoint links (coming) Outlook tries to disable it because of load times (but its worth it)
Recommendations to other buyersThe price makes it worth it beyound the thirty day free trial (I usally do not get around to a comprehensive evaluation in thirty days). The developer is very responsive and customer oriented, so play with it untill it suits your needs.
August 19, 2016
Scott S.
Management Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
June 23, 2016

“I Love This Tool!”

OverallEasy to install. Once installed, allowed me to manage my life in projects that repreesnt how I sub-divide my time.
ProsProject alignment of tasks and calendar items. Processing mail into the 5Ds (Do, Delegate, Delete, Defer, and Drawer/File). Tracking of time and effort for generating client bills and knowing where you spend your time.
ConsNot very compatible with my Android phone apps, but workable.
Recommendations to other buyersI wasn't an advocate at the outset. You do need to adapt to the processing model, but it's well worth it.
June 23, 2016
Kevin V.
Production Supervisor
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
August 4, 2016

“Best add on ever!”

OverallI have been using Ceptara software now for several years now and I cannot imagine working without out it.
ProsI love the ability to stay organized with all of the email I receive. It is so easy to drop the ball on an item if you do not have a system to keep you organized. Customer support is the best I have ever experienced with any software product.
ConsIf there is a crash outlook will automatically disable the add in.
August 4, 2016
mohit S.
Sales manager
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2019

“Good addon's for your outlook.”

OverallI am mainly using focusme for my tracking system via email. and this does good work for me.
ProsSmall addon's but very featured and comprehensive. works with outlook 2016 perfectly to manage all your emails, payments, bills, tracks. the ability to move all your notes and tasks with calendar is really useful for those who have lot of meeting in a day.
Consthere are few points we can consider while using focusme. ** Still No support for office 365. ** ** no monthly billing system you have pay once **
March 27, 2019
Mike D.
Operations
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Organization! Stay Focused!”

OverallI feel more productive and everyone at our company loves it!
ProsFocusMe really really helps us! We can stay on top of all of our tasks and projects easily. Prioritize tasks, track billing time, etc. I feel more focused using it! This is definitely the future.
ConsNothing really to not love except the price of course, that you have to pay all at once: no monthly billing.

By Ceptara on November 3, 2018
Mike - thanks for the review. We haven't set up monthly subscriptions (just haven't done the back-end work yet). I will prioritize it higher. Thanks for letting us know.
October 31, 2018
Chris R.
IT Lead
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
December 29, 2016

“A must for any MS Outlook user”

OverallI've been using this software for a number of years and it keeps me on track. If you are looking for a good time/task management tool, this is it.
ProsThe ability to easily move tasks around the calendar and the organization using projects.
ConsInitial set up was a little rough and upgrades to the product or Outlook have not always been smooth.
December 29, 2016
alvin a.
Senior Technology Director
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
January 15, 2019

“Senior Technology Director”

Proshelps me in organizing my work/to dos. it helps me focus on the most important thing to follow-up on.
Consi wish it would work on a Mac. I wish it became a 'standard plugin' so my company's desktop group would support it/me.
January 15, 2019
RM L.
NOYB
Think Tanks, Self-employed
September 18, 2018

“Essential, Excellent, and beats all the competitors.”

OverallExcellent
ProsWell-conceived and well-executed, it is an excellent piece of work and great value.
ConsSlows down startup of Outlook, but not enough to make me not want to use it.
September 18, 2018
Chad C.
Legendary Lifestyle Coach
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
June 17, 2016

“Been a raving fan for years. Wrote a book on time & this is how I measure my time!”

OverallI am a time management expert and this IS the daily tool I utilize to measure the effectiveness. Can't recommend it highly enough
ProsDynamic and super easy to use
ConsWish it was on more than Outlook platform and on my iphone
June 17, 2016
Robert P.
VP Urban Planning
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees
September 1, 2016

“General Review 1 Sept 2016”

OverallI use only a limited set of the many capabilities, but I positive benefit from the parts that I use.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease try to reduce the frequency of review requests :-)
September 1, 2016
Jim G.
Director, Customer Success
November 26, 2017

“Great flow and design. Limited by Outlook framework (I suspect). Hangs periodically.”

Overallability to use implement disciplines of getting things done methodology in Outlook.
ProsFunctionally, it seems to do everything I would want it to do. It follows the GTD methodology nicely. E.g., supports the concept of projects with multiple steps; allows me to set up tasks under projects. Allows me to move emails to tasks or calendar items. Allows me to move tasks to calendar items, etc.
Cons It is client-side software though Outlook is morphing to web app. 1. It regularly hangs and is periodically disabled by Outlook as a misbehaving add-in.

By Ceptara on November 27, 2017
Jim - thanks for the review. Agree with your observations. We're moving more to the cloud and are heading to better integration with OWA and other Office cloud services (e.g. Teams). thx Chris
November 26, 2017
Frank S.
March 29, 2016

“Save time ...”

OverallThe product saves me time! Zero inbox (5D) email is a great concept that is facilitated by the Ceptara tools. This enables categorizing, filing and converting email to calendar events with a right mouse click. Using the project features, project time, mileage traveled and time cards are all facilitated in Outlook. Simple to use features enable Outlook information to be exported to .CSV so that invoice backup can be generated as well as travel expense reports. Support from Ceptara has been outstanding. We had software issues due to operating system and Outlook version upgrades and these were quickly handled.
March 29, 2016
Darryl G.
Systems Engineer
June 7, 2016

“Making EMail functional”

OverallUsing FocusMe has allowed me the opportunity to take my email to the next level. No longer do I have email sitting in my inbox for weeks on end and i have to take time out to archive, move or respond only to find out that I need to find that message for some reason later. FocusMe is that one tool that every MS Outlook user should have so that you can take control over your email and not the other way around. Tracking, Archiving, Inbox cleaning are just a few of the features that FocusMe provides. This addon is a must for every user and not just the corporate power user.
June 7, 2016
Paul P.
December 16, 2016

“Unparalleled project and activity tracking MS Outlook ”

OverallA few years ago I found FocusMe for Outlook -- and to this day, I continue to enjoy using the software because without question, its ability to organize and track time-related to the myriad of projects I manage is simply unrivaled. This software will change the way you work and provide you with operational tracking capabilities you never dreamed possible within your MS Outlook calendar! I particularly like the 'Time Card' feature that lets me extract and summarize project data from my calendar.
December 16, 2016
stephanie d.
Dir. Planning & Econcomic Development
July 27, 2017

“Does pretty much what I want it to do”

ProsI like the ease of creating tasks by category and I like the fact that syncronization with my mobile devices always works.
ConsI do not like that I have to save a task before I can link it to a category.
July 27, 2017
Robert L.
May 10, 2016

“Tried them all for years.... nothing else comes even close to FocusMe for Outlook”

OverallThe built-in functionality, power, and capabilities can be a real life-changer in terms of organization, access to data, and powerful processing of personal management data.
May 10, 2016