Ambition Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5

About Ambition

Ambition integrates with any data source & scores total user performance in real-time using company benchmarks. With Ambition, you can: -Weight your most important KPIs & auto-generate real-time "Ambition Scores" for users. -Run custom TV Leaderboards and sales contests. -Communicate real-time stats directly to employees. -Get direct-to-inbox reports on for managers. -Instantly visualize individual & team performance. -Auto-generate user highlight feeds, advanced reporting & more. Learn more about Ambition

Eric W.
VP of Software Engineering
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2017

“Intuitive & easy to use, for both the User and Admin”

OverallAmong others, Ambition helps us with the following problems: - Difficulty attributing & demonstrating how metrics impact success - Struggle to communicate data that is highly ambiguous across the organization - The challenge of actively engaging an entire inside sales team in competitions These are solved by the effective data visualization and gamification components of Ambition.
ProsThe UI/UX is spot on with Ambition. When I was first implementing it a few months back, I likened the setup to an 'Apple-esque' experience where the usability is almost second nature and you don't have to learn some whole new set of logic. All too often, I instal/trial Apps & sales tools that sound great on an idealistic level, but the actual functionality just isn't there; or to get there, you have to change your whole orgs process and worry about adoption & that whole nightmare. With Ambition, that isn't the case - no gotchas or process change needed - it works, and works well.
ConsI believe they're working on this in a future release (the beauty of Saas), but don't hold me to it. I wish that there was the ability to really dive deeper into the metrics by taking the data points & metrics they build out and running them through custom functions and formulas, or against one another. I'd love to have the backend functionality of SFDC or Excel, to really 'crunch numbers', but the ability to do so right from within Ambitions UI.

By Ambition on September 19, 2017
Thanks for your kind words, Eric. Honored to have you as one of our longtime admin. Strongly recommend ExecVision as well.
September 18, 2017
December 4, 2018

“Ambition, ...meh”

OverallOverall, not a fan. Don't like using it. Complicated. Time consuming. Not intuitive.
ProsThere are some cool features. You can set individual goals, team goals or competitions which can be fun
ConsOverall Quality is ok. There are some cool features but I always feel like we're having to adapt our process to fit within what Ambition can do rather than Ambition conforming to our needs. Ease of Use: Not intuitive at all. Simple things seem complex. I get frustrated a lot. There's basic things you would hope it would do like show your whole teams activity at once by user, but nope. It doesnt. I have to individually type each persons name. Features & Functionality aren't robust enough. Customer Support: I've need customer support but have never reached out. Value for Money: Too expensive for what it is.
December 4, 2018
Tom G.
Revenue Operations Analyst
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 13, 2016

“Gamify your sales process”

OverallWe introduced Ambition to our BD team and saw a few immediate benefits: easy-to-create contests, increased metrics transparency (for motivation and management purposes), increased competition, and an additional venue to drive process adoption. The customer support team is always eager to help and the product overall is a valuable addition to our tech stack.
ProsIncreased visibility into metrics; easy-to-create contests
ConsSome lack of flexibility, a few data/tech problems
December 13, 2016
December 14, 2018

“Actual metrics to track your team's progress- in a collaborative way”

OverallI highly recommend this to motivate teams and departments!
ProsAmbition is a fantastic program to track your team's progress with calls, emails, appointments set, etc.! It is easy to use, you can have competitions, you can compare yourself to teammates and others, and more. My favorite part is that you can add your own personalized gif and anthem that shows when you accomplish something!
ConsIt can be a little hard to navigate different metrics that you are ranking people by but that's really minor.
December 14, 2018
May 15, 2018

“Great visual tools to help motivate production”

ProsIt looks beautiful and works really well. This is a way to gamify the sales process and reward salespeople instantly when targets are hit
ConsThe goals feature could be opened up to not just reflect KPIs but also include other goals, so that it's all visible within this one app. Might have to be a manual process but would be helpful.
May 15, 2018
Duke V.
Business Development
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 10, 2017

“Ambition for Stat Tracking”

OverallAmbition is fun and strong technology for managing and reviewing key performance indicators along with giving great insight into personal workflow.
ProsThe user interface is well design and allows for easy digestion of numbers and metrics.
ConsCan be a bit cumbersome with all the features and layout.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat technology for maintaining and motivating productivity.

By Ambition on February 11, 2017
Thanks Duke, great insight!
February 10, 2017
Riley C.
Business Development Representative
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
October 1, 2018

“Pump up your business development team and increase activity”

OverallAmbition is a pricey tool but can be effective in driving higher activity from BDRs. Sometimes videos can be annoying and distracting.
ProsAmbition is a fun tool that allows reps to play a song or video upon hitting a threshold of either calls, emails, or any activity. Creates a fun gamification and competition out of business development.
ConsSometimes the videos would be delayed and not play immediately causing the queue to be backed up, then eventually playing them all at once.
October 1, 2018
Parker B.
Enterprise Account Development Manager
November 14, 2018

“Create Competition in your Workplace”

ProsIt integrates pretty well with Salesforce.
ConsIt seems to focus on some of the wrong activity if you don't calibrate it right. Our organization has been scored on four or five different things as they adjust.
November 14, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2018

“Great gamification software tool to be used by sales teams to track wins and celebrate”

ProsSyncs up to Salesforce reports, Ambition can show activity dashboards on monitors in the sales room. Even can play "anthems" unique to sales reps when they celebrate a win.
ConsSometimes, the anthems can be delayed a few minutes or longer from the minute a rep has a win - setting a demo, closing a deal, reaching a milestone, etc.
March 29, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2017

“A great way to gamify inside sales and get new reps excited”

ProsThe ability to choose individual songs to celebrate successes! Reps love having their song play after scheduling next steps or hitting their goal for the week.
ConsNothing that I can really complain about. I wish the competitions feature had more options, but we didn't really use it that often anyways.

By Ambition on November 14, 2017
Thanks for the thoughtful review!
November 7, 2017
November 20, 2018

“Ambition: Managing Teams With Activity Scores”

OverallIt has helped our team be more conscious of our activity, but the productivity behind the activity seems to be the overall issue. Are you making calls just to make calls? Or are they well planned and strategic calls? Don't just dial and send emails for numbers/activity sake.
ProsI like that you are able to see at a glance your activity for the day, but the numbers aren't always right and it seems to be down a lot. The idea is there, increase competition by showing you where you stand within your team and within the department.
ConsSpeed issues, bugs, and integration problems seem to be a common issue in our department.
November 20, 2018
Thomas W.
Sales Manager
May 29, 2015

“Ambition drive results from my sales team and has AMAZING support”

OverallThe people at ambition have been nothing short of amazing to our company so far. I wasn't involved in the initial implementation of Ambition and they were so accommodating to give me a full on training from front to back of all the features and tips they had in making the best use of it. As far as support goes, they're amazing. We do have a time difference but someone always responds on their chat boxes in a reasonable time. We also have metrics that some businesses track differently but we needed them tracked a specific way. They had multiple consultation calls with me to brainstorm the best way to track the metric. Highly reco Ambition over any gamification product out there - my reps are obsessed with it and it forces them to log correctly in salesforce or their Ambition score will suffer =)
501-1000 employees
May 4, 2018

“Excellent for our sales team”

OverallThe software has added a different dimension to our sales team and has given them the motivation which is rare for a software to be able to do.
ProsBeing able to set goals and track achievement has been great for the sales department. The user interface is great and the music is a wonderful addition.
ConsSetting up Ambition was a little confusing but with the support we were able to maximize the software.
May 4, 2018
Spencer B.
Customer Sales
May 29, 2015

“"Insert Hyperbole Here" Review ”

OverallPro: I can compare myself to my teammates 8-10 times a day Con: I compare myself to my teammates 8-10 minutes a day and could probably make 2-3 extra sales calls a day instead of it Pro: I can put a picture of myself on there to represent "the real me" Cons: No body cares about the "real me" Pro: Easy to use, great interface Con: Updates come out from time to time and I HATE change *Seriously though, it's a great product and one of the 6-7 tabs I have open all day, every day. It is a portion of my motivation every day to not be at the bottom of my group. To be able to say that means you all have done your job.
PRESS T.
FREIGHT MANAGER
May 29, 2015

“IT MAKES WORK FUN EVERYDAY”

OverallAMBITION HAS BROUGHT A GREAT SALES TOOL TO OUR GROUP. AMX HAS AMBITION TV SET UP IN OUR SALES AREA(BOILER ROOM) AS I LIKE TO CALL IT.AMX HAS ESTABLISHED GOALS FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL TO ACCOMPLISH. YOU KNOW ALL DAY LONG HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO REACHING YOUR GOALS. HAVE ALSO SET UP TEAM PLAY TO COMPETE AGAINST EACH OTHER. AMERICAN STOCK EXCHANGE HAS NOTHING ON OUR OFFICE! IT IS FAST PACED AND I ENERGY LEVELS CREATED BY AMBITION. AMX JUST FINISHED TODAY WITH THE BIGGEST MONTH IN COMPANY HISTORY. THANKS FOR A GREAT PIECE OF SOFTWARE AND MOTIVATIONAL TOOL. EVERYONE HERE AT AMX LOVES IT!
David D.
Account Executive
May 29, 2015

“The Dopest Sales Productivity Software Around!”

OverallAmbition is awesome. It gamifies my daily life as a sales rep.... everyday I wake up and feel like I am a pro athlete or something. It is like fantasy football but I am the star. The employees are also pretty rad from what it seems like and send out helpful sales tips and interesting articles. User interface is most excellent and easy to use. Overall hella dope platform. Would recommend to just about any sales team. This is what I feel like everytime I login to ambition and see I am at the top: http://giphy.com/gifs/fan-bro-lakers-jxQggYC02vq8
Gabe D.
Account Executive
June 2, 2015

“It's Fun. And More Importantly, It Works.”

OverallInitially, I was skeptical of 'gamification' for salesforce, being innately sketpical of all buzzwords and their associated gimmics. But Ambition is not a gimmic- it gets the fire lit on the whole team in a fun and competitive way. I love the vicotry songs, the leaderboards are great to watch, and I admit I even take screencaps of Ambition days when all my KPI fields are full & green.. Aaah, winning. Thanks, Ambition, for actually making task management in Salesforce ...fun?
June 2, 2015