Squarespace Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5

About Squarespace

Squarespace is an all-in-one platform that gives you everything you need to run and grow your business -- whether you're just getting started or are an established brand. Start with beautiful website templates to make your store stand out. Sell unlimited products and showcase them with rich merchandising tools. Schedule appointments and let customers book your services. Sell subscriptions, digital content, and gift cards. Offer flexible payment options, secure checkout, shipping, and more. Learn more about Squarespace

Meghan H.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites”

OverallI genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.
ProsThis software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.
ConsI dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.
September 30, 2019
Patrice P.
Entertainment, Self-employed
September 25, 2019

“Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!”

OverallOverall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.
ProsWhat drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...
ConsOne of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....
September 25, 2019
Laura P.
Photographer
September 18, 2019

“Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code ”

OverallOverall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!
ProsI love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!
ConsWhat I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.
September 18, 2019
Marisela E.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“The best website builder!! ”

OverallWe have a very professional website, the website is optimized, it is easy to use for our clients, and has brought in more business because of the look of our website. We are pleased with using Squarespace, in that it allows us to update our site easily, make necessary changes, we are able to look at the Analytics and make changes based on that information. We are able to invoice clients through the website, so everything looks professional.
ProsThere are so many great features with this software, all laid out beautifully with the interface. You can start designing your website using one of the suggested templates or a blank site, but right away you can add images and text, manipulate the look/size/overall feel of the site. The best part is that you can see how the changes look right away, you can see your site on computer screen, or tablet, phone; you can see how website looks in the different formats. In addition, there are Commerce features and many others that are excellent. Lastly, the way that files are saved are organized, very easy to retrieve and add onto the various pages, structures.
ConsThere are no cons that I have encountered. I am very happy with how the website looks. The one con is that it takes a bit of time to build the website to your desired professional look... but that is expected of any website building experience. That it will take some time to get to the finished result.
September 5, 2019
Marianne L.
Cheif Creative Guru & Experiential Evangelist
August 8, 2019

“Beautiful Templates but lacking in Clarity and Customer Support”

OverallThe intent of this site was I thought to make it possible for anyone to easily create their own website and get it up and running quickly. I didn't get that and felt I was making compromises again and again. I started a blog on Squarespace with the intent of linking it to my website - Squarespace said it would be a seamless process - followed the instructions could never get it to happen so it's still not linked. There was a challenge with my G Suite registration when I went to renew and after days of frustration and the risk of losing my domain I found out it was something on the Squarespace side that had not been completed. Definitely not what I thought I was getting.
ProsI am an experiential designer so my website needs to really give a potential client a feel for what I do. After looking at several products available I selected Squarespace because I felt their esthetic best fit mine. There many beautiful templates to choose from.
ConsI'm not a web designer but have clear sense of what I want my website to look like. I thought starting with a template close to where I would like the final site to be like would make the process easier and I could get it done on my own. Not the case. Step by step instructions are lacking in information. Inserting text and content is complicated and the final results were not what I originally thought I was getting and found myself making compromises left and right. The template you choose is populated with the elements (font & images) that caught your eye but you have to remove it all to build your content.If half way through you realize as I did this might be the best way to display my images after all you have to start all over again nothing transfers.
August 8, 2019
Jenna S.
August 4, 2019

“The Best AND Easiest Website-Creating Software You Will Ever Use!”

OverallSquarespace has saved me time, money, and has allowed me to expand my photography business over the past 5 years by providing the perfect place for clients to find me online. Plus, I get SO many compliments on my website! People always comment on how it is professional, clean, and easy to navigate.
ProsWhen I first started looking for a platform to create a website for my fledgling photography business nearly 5 years ago, there were a few specific characteristics I was seeking: I needed the platform to be easy to use, quick to set up, and to showcase my photos in an optimal way to potential clients. I found all of that and more with Squarespace! I was able to get my website set up in just a few days and was able to do it without any tears or that "I'm going to pull my hair out!" feeling. If anything, it was the complete opposite! I couldn't believe how easy everything was to set up and how professional my website looked.
ConsThe ONE thing I wish Squarespace had more of: more creative templates. Their website templates are a great, solid "skeleton" (if you will), but you definitely have to put extra work in if you want to make your website stand out from others who utilize the same template.
Derek N.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 4, 2019

“The best web design platform available”

OverallI am designing 99% of my clients websites on Squarespace. It helps me get to market faster and easier, and deliver a product my clients love.
ProsI have been designing websites professionally for over 15 years and it's very rare that I don't design on Squarespace for clients. It's easy to use, the templates are beautiful, and there are so many features and endless flexibility.
ConsI wish custom code injection was available on the basic/personal levels. As of right now, you need to upgrade to the business account to inject any code in the header or footer.
Joshua D.
Office Administrator
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
July 29, 2019

“Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one.”

OverallOverall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.
ProsSquarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.
ConsSquarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.
July 29, 2019
Jenna A M.
Artist
May 31, 2019

“Squarespace is great for small businesses”

OverallMy overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a better time at events when people want to make purchases, and in general it is a well run software, so I really appreciate it. It is very accessible, it has made me look more professional, and it rarely has any bugs. Good job !
ProsI have been using Squarespace for a few years as a working artist with a small business. There are a lot of events that happen for crafts and painting, and no one has cash, and I certainly don't have change to give them. When I got onto squarespace a few years ago I was amazed that they sent me a free sliding card chip reader, how easy it was to sign up, and I was a bit upset with myself that I hadn't signed up sooner. The amount of sales I missed before squarespace could probably have paid for a vacation or a big increase in my business, however all is well because I have it now. I really like that I can also keep profiles of different people, I can send people invoices, I can send people receipts, I can really make sure that I stay in their minds as a future place to buy from. I think that square space has also been successful for me because having a squarespace account has made me more professional with overseas buyers. Sometimes I get quite a bit of traction on sales through instagram, and paypal is not seen as the best route by these people, they prefer square space. It has given them ease of mind when they receive a digital receipt, when they see that i take my business seriously, and that has created a lot of good relationships for me in places like Australia, New Zealand and so forth. It has also allowed me to let people set up payment plans by tracking all their payments through square space and that too has increased a lot of business for me. Squarespace has helped!
ConsI think that I am always worried about losing the swiper. If there was a way where squarespace could get rid of that all together and yet allow a one go swipe I would be really grateful for that. The only other issues I have had is sometimes the software has frozen while I am in the middle of a transaction and that has made things a bit difficult for me in the moment, however, this is common for a lot of apps that have high usage, so I am not super upset about it. I think that in the moment you can hope that things will be perfect but they can't always be. Overall though I think the software has better positives than negatives. I think that it is very good software.
May 31, 2019
October 19, 2018

“Best option for Small Businesses that aren't IT savvy”

OverallIf you are a small business or a startup trying to get a professional web presence, or an existing company with a horrible website, don't believe the limitations of a decade ago and "pro" web developers and companies that create websites for you for a large sum of money with continuing maintenance costs. Website development sites like Squarespace allow for any moderately computer literate individual to create amazing looking professional websites and professional emails with little hassle. You don't need an IT department or a website developer, and honestly, your site will look better than many I've had created by corporate webdevs. The trick is that sites like Squarespace use templates that you choose and customize with your own content. The con is, while there are tons of options in templates, what you see is what you get and you can really only customize content and minor aesthetics like font, pages, color schemes, pictures, etc. However, the templates are gorgeous and modern designed sites that will make your website look cutting edge. I've used several competitors, and while Wix is probably my next favorite due to customization, Squarespace is leagues better than any other site developer I've used, including Weebly, Wordpress, GoDaddy, Wix, etc. It is just so simple and the templates, while probably the least customization, are the prettiest ones available that add a professional touch you can't replicate in something like Wix. No IT, no problem.
ProsEase of use is unparalleled. Templates are aesthetically unmatched by competitors- it's not even close. The ability to switch between templates whenever you want is amazing. Very professional feel to website with seamless G Suite integration. Cost is very competitive. Mobile optimized websites are lightyears beyond GoDaddy and Wix.
ConsThe templates are amazing, and there are a lot of choices, but if you don't like the options, you are stuck with what they have. Customizing is very limited within the Template framework, unlike Wix. In order to be glitch-free and mobile optimized, the templates have very little customization.
October 19, 2018
Dave V.
Founder and Arts Chaplain
Music, Self-employed
September 7, 2018

“Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely. ”

OverallI used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.
ProsSquarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.
ConsSquarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify. Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set. Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.
September 7, 2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2018

“The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners”

ProsThere are many, many website creation platforms and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses. Pros Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times. Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress. Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It's their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control. In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.
ConsBecause Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don't have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress. I have not found Squarespace's community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.
July 26, 2018
Kyla O.
Owner/Designer
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
January 8, 2017

“Easily Create an Ever-Beautiful Website ”

OverallI have been using Squarespace for my e-commerce business for a few years now and love it! Squarespace sites are easy to create and update, while always remaining beautiful. I have used other drag-and-drop website building software in the past and even though the layouts looked right when I was editing, once I viewed them live and on different devices, there were always problems. With Squarespace's platform, my site always looks exactly the way I expect it to. I recently added the e-commerce component to my site and while it doesn't have a ton of features, like other sites, it works perfectly for what I need. Some templates are better suited for e-commerce, so if that's what you're looking for, make sure to look into which ones those are. Squarespace websites are also automatically optimized for search engines! Last year I took an SEO course to improve traffic to my website and a bunch of the suggestions involved manually updating parts of my site every few months so that search engines would continue to find my site. When I inquired with Squarespace about how to go about this, they let me know that their platform already does this for my site automatically--yay! I also discovered a variety of other SEO features that are built into every Squarespace site, so you don't have to worry about updating or even knowing about much of it--it's all done for you! While Squarespace doesn't offer customer service by phone, they are timely with responding to inquiries via email and their robust online knowledge base has answered many of my questions in just a few minutes. They also offer a chat feature Mon-Fri. Finally, one of the reasons I decided to switch to Squarespace was for integrations, like MailChimp--they make it easy to connect with my customers and streamline collecting their information. They also just added an integration with PayPal for checkout, which I can already tell has made purchases easier for my customers. Overall, I am extremely happy with Squarespace and look forward to discovering, even more, features!
ProsEase of use Beautiful designs Great customer service Affordable useful integrations (PayPal, MailChimp, etc) built-in SEO constantly updating and adding more features
Conse-commerce platform has minimal features No customer service phone support Some features are only available on a limited number of templates
January 8, 2017
Gabe M.
IT Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
February 20, 2018

“An high quality web solution for non-technical people who need create and manage a website”

OverallThis product helped me launch my web storefront quickly and easily. It was truly a pleasure using this solution for my personal business.
Pros- Beautiful templates. Initially they offered relatively few templates compared to other website providers, however, all of their templates were very polished. Since their early days, they have plenty of templates to get you go quickly for almost any look you are going for. - The page editor is very easy to start using and experiment and becoming productive. - Product management: Product management is great in how you can manage dimensions, price, inventory, etc. When you make sales, it decreases the inventory accordingly (quite a nice little feature). The dimensions you input for your products works hand-in-hand with shipping options you offer with your storefront. HUGE benefit here for making sure the products you offer and are puchased will fit in the right boxes your customers purchased. I cannot emphasize how awesome this is. -Sales reports and analysis tools: This is so nice to track your monthly/annual sales and correlate them to your promotional and marketing efforts.
Cons- Pricing: More expensive than competitors, but you are paying for refinement and amenities. For non-technical people, refinement and features may be worth it. For Technical folks who can develop their own website, pricing may deter them from using SquareSpace. - Template customization confusion: From a non-technical perspective, it may be very confusing why one template reacts differently to similar changes to layout/content creation. This could cause some frustration for those users.
February 20, 2018
Karla R.
Web & Brand Designer

“Best Website Platform”

OverallSquarespace has helped me to grow my business without the hassle of endless hours of tweaking and customizing website designs.
ProsSquarespace is very easy to setup, use and manage. I love that updates don't require constant tending and managing like Wordpress does. The templates are clean and allow you to focus your attention on the content and clean design. The new Squarespace app is such a huge time saver and allows users to manage their websites and blog posts without having to be at a desktop.
ConsThe new Squarespace app is a bit buggy and occasionally says I don't have internet connection, even when I do.
Dakota D.
Co-Owner
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2018

“Absolutely the best website building platform for small businesses!”

OverallChoosing Squarespace to build my website for my business is the reason I'm able to continue growing my small establishment. Since I'm able to use the analytics and connect further with Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, I'm able to properly target my correct audiences and monitor their traffic accordingly. I'm able to test what works best for my company, and quickly modify anything that isn't working. Squarespace is one of the software's that I accredit my success to.
ProsFor the minimal price that you pay, you get an incredible amount of features. There is practically an infinite amount of uses, especially if you have even the most basic understanding of CSS, which you can apply to every template. You can easily connect all of your social media, upload pictures, easily migrate content to new pages and templates, the list goes on. If you get stuck on something, the company has page after page of help guides, and since Squarespace is so popular and has been around for awhile, there is even more information and troubleshooting from actual users. The built in analytics are so easy to understand, and all of the necessary information is right there. You can easily connect API's, email servers, etc right on your account. Using the page builder is so easy. From rearranging content, to fully customizing the text and format-there really isn't anything you can't do with your website with this software.
ConsMy only complaint is what everyone else complains about: the templates! There's almost 100 templates now, so there's plenty to choose from. The main issue is that the templates tend to not have all of the functions you want, and you have to sacrifice certain functions for another. For example: you may need sidebar navigation, but the templates your client likes don't offer that, and you can't cross templates. I understand why you can't have ALL of the features on one template, but some templates with crossed features would be great.
June 19, 2018
Jessica N.
Designer
Design, 1-10 employees

“Sleek Beautiful Websites”

OverallWe have been using squarespace for over 3 years and love it. There are plenty of tutorials to help along the way and the tools within the platform can help create any type of website.
ProsWhen searching for the perfect platform for our design business, we needed something that would showcase our work with clean lines and beautiful templates. Squarespace was the perfect fit! I loved the ability to customize every aspect of the templates as well so that we could incorporate our store, online catalog, intake forms and portfolio.
ConsThere is some learning curve with this software. It took me a few online tutorials and customer service chats to really figure out where everything was and how to use the features. Once you spend the time to learn, this platform is amazing.
Caley N.
Owner/Photographer
June 10, 2019

“Best Business Decision I've Made”

ProsMy husband is a web designer. I have the ability to have a custom website made for me, but I also hated to ask him to fix things, and I hated going through all the code myself to update the site. I switched to Squarespace over five years ago, and it was the best decision I could have made for my business (and a great one for my marriage, too ). If you don't need a huge, elaborate website, but still want something clean, beautiful, and easy to maintain, I can't recommend Squarespace enough.
ConsEvery now and then, I run into limitations in a template that I wish I could change. Why certain blog styles aren't available in every template baffles me sometimes. I'll find a template I love but hate that it can't have a sidebar somewhere or that there's a blog overview rather than going straight to the blog itself.
June 10, 2019
Scott E.
March 7, 2018

“A little more expensive than some other options, but very much worth the simplicity”

OverallI got a beautiful website setup fast. It looks great, operates well, and never requires any updating or maintenance from me.
ProsThe best part of this software is the simplicity of it. I have tried to dabble in WordPress and setting up more revenue driven websites, and it just gets too complicated for me. I don't want to be hosting and updating my own versions of the backend, or worrying how a certain plugin will interface with anything. Squarespace is fantastic for this because it's just dead simple, and does pretty much anything you want it to. It doesn't have more powerful features than hosting your own site through WordPress, but it will get you 90% of the way there and that's certainly what matters for most people out there. The support is fantastic as well. Their software is generally very straight forward and can be figured out with a few quick searches, but the few times I didn't know what to do they were there for me and walked me through literally step by step on how to do anything. I consider a good amount of my monthly fee to them to be going towards the piece of mind knowing someone else is out there managing everything about the backend for me, and can give me advice whenever I need it.
ConsWith simplicity comes concessions in the way of customization. For one, you are very limited with what sorts of plugins/add ons you want to put on your site. SEO for example, you basically just work with Squarespace and hope theirs works pretty good. As a result, you just don't have control over every little piece that you would if you built your own site up. However, I am not super technical. I think an appropriate analogy is cars - If you're a mechanic, you want to be more hands on and customize/maximize everything you can because you enjoy it and know what you're doing. Then there are people who aren't mechanics, but sure enjoy a nice car that works well and looks sexy with the understanding that you take it to a professional when you need help. I'm the latter and Squarespace is built for people like me.
March 7, 2018
Neyda Jose M.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 22, 2019

“Excellent design templates”

OverallThis software is really useful because thanks to the fact that it provides the best tools for the design of sites or pages it is much simpler to do this process without having to do it from scratch, besides the pages designed with it can have a great commercial growth thanks to they can position themselves in a much simpler way, which is why it is the ideal tool to grow and make known any type of business.
ProsI really like this platform based on the design of pages or websites because it provides templates that adapt automatically to devices, but also offer a very modern and attractive design so designing web pages with them give a unique touch and very visually attractive, it also has an extremely elegant interface that can be navigated to visualize the progress of what has been done without having to do it separately, but by means of a preview which is an excellent advantage, since that in this way you have an idea of how the page will look and if it fits what you are looking for, it also provides very complete tools for design where you can select the logo, edit styles by changing colors to give it a touch more personal to each design and not only you can modify it also the images or add from other platforms, that is why designing with this software is really great because provides everything necessary to build a good page that can represent a business.
ConsOne of the things that I do not like and I think they could improve is that it would be great to choose elements to attach on the page can be done through a bar that is displayed to the side because that way it would be much simpler to work and Do not get disoriented with what you do.
May 22, 2019
Amethyst M.
admin assistant
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2019

“Beautiful website in no time”

OverallBecause this part of my job is largely volunteer, it is nice to have a product that is so user-friendly and still produces a beautiful site that people can engage with.
ProsI am not a programmer and yet I was able to create and manage a beautiful website for our church. I love that that templates just work and I can easily customize it to include everything we want and need without having to go through a third party. The app is so helpful for quick edits on my phone when I'm out of the office.
ConsWould like to be able to have announcement banners on the front page without paying more. It's difficult to highlight an event or create urgency with the current set up.
Ananga S.
Podcaster and Personal Development Coach
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2019

“A beautiful platform with excellent support”

OverallI began using Squarespace for my personal development blog and later built a second site to host our podcast and online courses. I have also built several sites for friends and colleagues including a yoga studio, a nursery, an independent publishing house, and a community choir. I find Squarespace intuitive and easy to use with good analytics. I recently upgraded my sites from version 5 to 7 and I'm very happy with the look and feel of Squarespace 7. Highly recommended.
ProsThe beautiful, clean look of Squarespace and ease of customising design. Scalability for display on mobile devices. Excellent customer support which is consistently prompt in response time, friendly and helpful.
ConsNothing comes to mind, I've been using Squarespace for 9 years through various versions and I'm happy to continue doing so.
August 14, 2019
Katie H.
Content and Brand Strategist
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed

“Best Out There”

OverallI love having a Squarespace website. I was able to find templates that I loved and share it easily, not having to worry about whether or not the website would crash or the server would go out.
ProsThe ease of use of Squarespace is the best out there. The drag and drop software, easy to follow backend and capabilities make this the perfect platform for anyone wanting to create a website, no matter what their background is. If you know how to work a computer, you can create a beautifully designed Squarespace website.
ConsThe only con of the platform is switching templates. I liked to change up my website template every year or two, but I couldn't just change the template and have the content populate, I had to create a brand new website in the back end and make it live. It just made the process a little frustrating and time-consuming.
Stacy G.
Website Developer
1-10 employees
August 24, 2018

“Squarespace review”

OverallSquarespace is easy to use and easy to connect DNS settings, It generally takes 24 hours for a site to go live after the DNS settings have been connected. The templates are beautiful, you can choose anyone and upgrade to either personal or business, I suggest business. The trial is 14 days but that is usually enough time to create a site since you are usually just replacing images and text.
ProsSquarespace is amazing if you are not familiar with code, it has a drop-and-drag function and many visually appealing functions, You can also add additional things like promotional popups (which is your subscriber block that pops up when you open a site), Facebook pixel, google analytics, connect MailChimp to collect a database and ad words. With Squarespace your images won't be converted to low res, you can also add videos but these videos have to be connected via a third party such as youtube or a video service. The best thing about Squarespace is their customer service, their live chats. These experts help you with your issue and if they can't help you with the solution you were hoping for, they suggest alternative methods. SEO is amazing.
ConsThe business package is expensive and if you don't have a business package you can't use a mobile info bar, place a Facebook pixel on the backend of your site and you also can't use Mail chimp to collect a database or a subscriber list. The e-commerce site is not available in rands yet. You also can't have an except dropdown on a page, this is a problem is you have long text and want a "read more" option. You can use anchor points but only if you are paying for a business plan. You also can't have a video on a banner if you are viewing in on mobile.
August 24, 2018
Carlee M.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2019

“Stop Website Shame!”

OverallWonderful!
ProsIt's easy to use, beautifully designed and has all the features that sets you up to create a beautiful and professional website. I get compliments on my website almost daily - thanks Squarespace!
ConsI'd like to integrate other payment processing services with my site.
October 14, 2019
Kathryn B.
Retail, Self-employed
September 2, 2019

“Great website software”

OverallSquare space has been great overall, I'm happy with the ease of use and overall customer service. I've had a few troubleshooting issues, but overall I'm happy with the price and ease of use for my customers as well.
ProsSquare space is very easy to use. I built my companies website on there and it look me less time it was going to take on some other sites. I am by no means web designer, but square space has thought of so much, that is simplifies a lot of steps for the user. They have a lot of great designs you can choose from and then customize yours from there. The integration is also fantastic because you can work with recommended third party companies for shipping, accounting etc.. I also don't think there pricing is bad. As a retail business we pay for the consumer piece monthly but if you're just writing a blog or a smaller less involved website the costs are very low or free. We also have the ability to take off their logos when paying and have our own logos and advertising. We also got a deal with google analytics for it.
ConsThe only thing I struggle with is integrating reviews on my retail inventory. They don't have a very simple way to code and have an area to have reviews on every piece of inventory and I'm still working on it. I called customer service and they were not helpful in this aspect, but have been very helpful in almost everything else.
September 2, 2019
Laura N.
Member Services Coordinator
Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Incredibly easy website management”

OverallI help manage several Squarespace websites, and have found it very intuitive and quick to set up and edit pages. It's easy to manage your plan and I haven't found their campaigning to be annoying at all while a plan is active or after it's been disabled. Overall, I've been really happy with the experience of using Squarespace and have recommended it anytime someone is looking to set up a new site.
ProsThere's a reason that these guys are probably the most well-known website solution product out there. The user interface is super slick, and so easy to use. The price is right for what you can do once you get your feet under you. I've worked with a handful of different websites in Squarespace now, and it makes it easier to recommend it each time I set up or collaborate on a site. The knowledge base content is pretty comprehensive and I've never had an issue finding an answer to a question. There's a (fairly new, I think) mobile app that is handy to have access to while on the go. Pages that are deleted can be recovered, making it easier to trust handing the keys over to someone to get familiar with it. There's options to sell products directly from your site, which means one less thing to set up elsewhere.
ConsThe templates are pretty limiting. You can try them out, but honestly, with the options that are there, there really seems to be just 3 or 4 general layouts with minor differences template-to-template. There are some annoying little things like not being able to move a gallery of images from one page to another unless it's been saved as a gallery, but they're all minor things that can be avoided as you become more familiar with the platform.
Jared L.
Photographer (full-time)
Retail, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“Out of all the website hosts I have found Squarespace to have the best templates and interface.”

OverallA clean professional looking website with easy to modify templates. I've also never had my site go offline or become 'slow-loading' when trying to view. Server issues are virtually non-existent and that's important with a business website.
ProsThe templates are number 1 for what I like most about Squarespace. They are professionally designed in a way that is highly customizable and very clean looking. You can have a great looking website quickly and with customization you can make it look original. I started using Squarespace over 4 years ago and still haven't come across a better website builder and host. The interface for adding content is a more accurate WYSIWYG(what you see if what you get) management system. Anybody can signup with Squarespace and adjust a template of their choice quickly and aesthetically with the admin interface. There is also advanced options for adding in your own code when needed. I've tried many hosts in the pasts and usually website builders are riddled with issues in spacing, formatting and errors - squarespace just doesn't have this...and for that reason it's a pleasure to use.
ConsPrice. Unfortunately Squarespace has gone up in price over the years for monthly and annual plans. If the cost is within your budget then it's highly recommended.
July 3, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
May 14, 2019

“Squarespace - Honest Review”

OverallOverall, I love this platform. I have considered using different platforms but they usually have a higher price point and you have to pay for each individual template. I like that you have new templates constantly coming out and you have access to all of them.
ProsI've been using Squarespace for my photography business the past 5 years and I love the software. I love the versatility of templates provided and the customization designs. I have changes templates maybe 5 times in the past couple of years. If you're new to creating a website this is a great place to start. It's literally a click and drag method, and the best part is that you get a beautiful website. Customer support is also amazing! Anytime I had a bottle neck I had no issue reaching out and receiving a prompt response.
ConsAfter using it for a couple of years there are a few things I wish I was able to do. If you are not a programmer a few small details may really bug you. For instance if you wanted to change the spacing between images you will have to look up code and plug it into the advanced settings. For people who are not programmers it's pretty much a plug and see if it works type of approach. With that said many people post on the Squarespace forums and have provided code that has worked for them and it's been pretty helpful. I really enjoy shopping around for templates and seeing the potential that these templates are able to produce. However, it seems like a lot of coding went into these example layouts in order to get the look that they were able to achieve. I also, wish I was able to save my previous template before fully committing to a new one.
May 14, 2019
September 22, 2019

“Best Content Management System Platform on the web!”

OverallSquarespace has been my favorite Content Management System platform by far. As a graphic designer who works in only print, I only use minimal CSS coding to build my website. It saves me a lot of time and money from having to hire a web developer, or use something free and risk having a lower quality website.
ProsSquarespace is a pretty powerful blogging and Ecommerce platform. It enables designers with or without knowledge of coding to build stunning websites. There are many fully responsive templates to choose from in different categories that are completely customizable, and can can be switched up at anytime. You have the ability to customize your website with a little bit of CSS coding. There are a few plans to choose from, from personal to Ecommerce, and everything you need is included. One thing that sells me on Squarespace is that the itemized cost is simple and there are no additional third party web hosting, templates, or plug-ins, which is the case for platforms such as Wordpress. Websites are beautifully optimized for mobile web and requires no extra work to optimize. I have had great experiences with customer service being very responsive and helpful.
ConsSquarespace is more advanced than other quick and easy website building platforms, so it is a bit of a learning curve that just takes time and patience. Another downfall is that although there are many templates to choose from, they are limiting to suit your needs as certain styles lack all of the features that other styles might have, such as blogging side bars and second navigation bars.
September 22, 2019
Shauna A.
August 1, 2019

“I'm obsessed with Squarespace”

OverallI used to be a Wordpress lover, but after building my first Squarespace site, I never wanted to go back. It may not be for everyone, but most businesses will find everything they need with Squarespace.
ProsEasy-to-use. No plugins necessary because most features are built right in. Very short learning curve. Websites can be up and running in a matter of hours. Sleek sites look professional and are easily customizable.
ConsMost people can "tell" a Squarespace site by the look of it. (I think things tend to be a bit blocky.) I would like the ability to create backgrounds for pages without having to add images in section blocks. (Like a drag and drop option.) Also, would love more integrations past Mailchimp and Acuity. (I use Calendly and ActiveCampaign!)
August 1, 2019
Bee N.
Artist
March 21, 2019

“I manage multiple Squarespace sites”

OverallMy overall experience with Squarespace has been good. I was using a different template web hosting site years ago. I haven't looked back since switching to Squarespace. It's been 4 or 5 years now (maybe longer??) and the lazy part of me will probably stick with Squarespace for another half decade because if it ain't broke...
ProsI manage multiple Squarespace sites and for the most part find it easy to use. I love that it links to Mailchimp and my other social media making all the marketing work that I have to do that much easier. I often recommend Squarespace to my clients who have really out of date sites that they have to have a web developer update. They have a plethora of templates and you can create some really nice, well designed sites without too much manual effort (depending on what you're trying to achieve). The customer service is honestly unbeatable. They are super quick with their responses and are typically able to help you trouble shoot an issue or explain why something can't be changed (typically has to do with the parameters of the template).
ConsThe hitch with Squarespace is that you get 90% to where you want your site to be but maybe not 100%. From template to template you lose certain abilities. This could be as simple as having a hamburger navigation in the top right corner or something larger. For what you're paying the value is obviously there, but if you have a really concrete idea of what you want your website to be you may want to invest in something more custom or a Wordpress template that is more customizable because it could be a headache in the long term.
March 21, 2019
Paul W.
eLearning Designer and Developer
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 16, 2019

“Squarespace is Easy Website Creation and Management”

OverallI've really enjoyed working with Squarespace. The learning curve hasn't been too bad. Obviously there are new features introduced and the product continues to improve.
ProsOverall the simplicity of the tool makes it wonderful to use. I can add an entry to my website in usually minutes and I don't even think about formating or HTML code or anything like that. I just simply write an article or manage the purchases from my clients.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to offer multiple currencies in the eCommerce components. I'm Canadian and I wish to offer US dollars to my American clients, but I still need to operate my business in Canada. My Canadian clients would appreciate being able to show for my services in Canadian currency.
October 16, 2019
Caitlin M.
Consumer Services, Self-employed
October 9, 2019

“Easy to use, professional design without any tech experience”

OverallIt has been so easy to build beautiful sites on Squarespace and have been able to fully customize my site to suit my needs. I never recommend anything else.
ProsSquarespace is SO easy to use and makes building professional-looking sites simple and incredibly easy to update. It is great for beginners but also suitable for more experienced website builders!
ConsOccasionally I can't figure out how to navigate something or customize something, but I can always figure it out with a quick Google!
October 9, 2019
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
July 1, 2019

“Great, easy-to-use web-building tool for non-programmer/developers”

OverallI was tasked with building a new website for the company I worked for. After reviewing a handful of platform options, I chose Squarespace because of its design ease. Our organization had a fairly large blog, a need for campaign landing pages, a robust calendar of events page, and our web design called for generous use of gallery imagery. Squarespace handled all of this easily. It was a joy to use, as well.
ProsFor anyone who's comfortable in a drag-and-drop design environment, Squarespace gives you lots of easy building blocks to build nice-looking, feature-rich web pages. Squarespace is much easier than Wordpress when it comes to building landing pages and adjusting the specs of various page elements. Squarespace's interface is really a joy to use, visually pleasing, helpful -- and easy to figure out. There is a lot of customization available to you -- and not in a way that's overwhelming at all.
ConsIts SEO features are just not as robust as are available with Wordpress (via plugins). That said, you can still easily set meta descriptions for every page.
July 1, 2019
Caleb J.
Junior Web Developer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
October 17, 2019

“Squarespace - The Apple of Website Builders”

OverallI believe Squarespace is the Apple of website builders. I love the experience and would not trade it for and easier to use site builder. the extra work is worth it for the quality outcome you get.
ProsSquarespace is know to be The Apple of Website Builders to present. It may not be super easy to use but it is definitely clever and intuitive. Pages are built using content blocks which has many useful feature/elements available like photo galleries, forms, buttons, media player and many many more. To arrange the elements you simply drap and snap them into columns around your page in the order you want them. Squarespace makes working with images super flexible, allowing you to set a focal point to crop around rather than automatically cropping the image from the center. Another unique creation available is the Style editor which allows you to change the look and feel of your site as needs be. They are known to have some of the best templates on the market along with what I believe to be the best blogging experience which provides post tagging, drafts, comments, categories and customizable URLs. They also have a feature that is great when working in teams, which allows posts to have multiple authors, how cool is that! Something else to show off there greatness would be their full form builders with google drive and mial chimp integration and also you can make use of their lightbox mode. Did I mention that they also have one of the best eCommerce among general website builders? Yes, they do providing features like customizable receipts and much more.
ConsIt is not as easy to build with comparing to some general website builders, but definitely worth the work.
October 17, 2019
July 20, 2019

“The website that professionals use”

OverallReally good, the customer service is excellent. Once you get around building your site, I love it.
ProsI was recommended this website by someone in my industry. It was time to upgrade and work with company that had a better SEO so I could be found and get more people to my site. I love it because it professional, its recognized and it is highly trusted. The integration to mobile is perfection. It looks amazing!
ConsI came from another website that had a easier set up, but I couldn't be found. The set up for my site was a bit challenging, but once I looked at the videos on set up it was much easier. The cost was a lot more as well, but worth it to have a professional site.
July 20, 2019
Matthew B.
Owner / Music Director
Music, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Great, easy to use software”

ProsWhen I first discovered Squarespace, it was exactly the web design software I dreamed of. I'm not a cider or a developer and so in previously using Dreamweaver, the learning curve was way too steep to be worth my time in what I used it for. Rapidweaver was Ok but not nearly as flexible while also being straightforward like Squarespace. Since using Squarespace I designed three beautiful websites.
ConsThe email is a little expensive in my opinion. Overall I wish the service was a little less expensive for small businesses. Creating video content that doesn't link out from another service, or integrating audio players, sometimes feels a little difficult or not as simple as as it could, but it's rare I'm using it in this fashion.
August 7, 2019
Brandon M.
Creative Strategist
December 4, 2018

“Still Prefer SquareSpace over WordPress”

OverallThey are my go-to builder for new clients that want the ability to make edits and changes on their own in the future without causing confusion. Less headache than WP and WIX which are other builders I am familiar with.
ProsUpdates on it's own, unlike WordPress which updates could break 3rd party applications or templates, and happens all the time. Great for first time users to figure out what they are doing fairly simply. Has great tutorials, help, chat, twitter support, and customer service is much better than WordPress' non existent support.
ConsThey change their pricing constantly without any advanced notice ever. In the past 6 years I've built client sites on this platform, they just keep upping the price for everyone. They offer ZERO affiliate solutions, just a discounted first year off for multiple builds and circle members. They have a JavaScript rendering that makes all sites slower than they should be and have not addressed this not playing to well with Page Load Speed or Google Analytics. They don't particularily care either. Their customer support can get behind quite often, resulting in a solution that comes long after you needed it.
December 4, 2018
51-200 employees
July 13, 2018

“DIY Website Tool is a Good Option for Most Web Design Needs”

ProsWhile there may be some free options out there that boast the same feature and options in website building as Squarespace, they simply don't measure up. This is a great option for an individual building out their own brand, or a small business entering a new industry, and trying to carve out their niche. The pricing options certainly aren't cheap, but manageable for a variety of budgets. As with most website building options, the larger the site you're looking to build, the more you're going to spend. The ease of use is really what sets Squarespace apart from most other solutions. You can feel comfortable recommending this software to a wide range of skill and experience levels.
ConsWhile the ease of use and feature set are certainly a bonus, one of the main things I see as an obstruction is the slow load times. Having a bit of background in SEO, I realize that this is a major factor in how Google views the quality of websites, and unless Squarespace is able to improve their site speeds, they are going to see the SEO of their individual sites drop. For the casual individual webpage or small business owner, this may not be a problem, but it becomes a concern when you're looking at the software for more of an enterprise-level project.
July 13, 2018
Ian S.
graphic designer
July 23, 2019

“Squarespace: The Best Website Tool on the Market”

OverallSquarespace is a nice web tool to quickly implement your online presence. I work with a lot of developers and web tools, but squarespace is a definite favorite in the industry
ProsI like squarespace a lot, and I think most of our clients are comfortable using it because of its notoriety and the ads you see on television - it's not some "scary web code", it's intuitive, easy-to-use and recognizable. Especially if you're not particularly web-savvy, they have plenty of beautiful templates to pick and choose with, and you can get online within a day. The service is affordable and easy to use, and customer service is usually "right there" when you need them. I highly recommend it!
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve if you want to do some of the development yourself. It's hard for me to say anything really 'bad' about squarespace considering the development aspect of this isn't necessary to make a good website, but after working with such intuitive programs like WIX I feel like it would be criminal to not at least be a little vocal about it. I think that could use some improvement and maybe some pop-up helpful tools because the navigation can be a bit lacking (although this, again, is a personal preference)
Internet, Self-employed
December 18, 2018

“Squarespace to Get a Website Up and Running Quickly On Your Own”

OverallWhile Squarespace is very easy to setup and build content into, you'll want to put time into practicing the How To. Everything is drag and drop, so you add blocks (text and images) to the pages you build. The only thing I've found annoying is the spacing when you drag around these blocks, and trying to remove excess space in a layout. But this is something you'll run into with other site builders. I enjoy using it and it does offer a very user friendly experience.
ProsSquarespace really helps you create beautiful websites. They have a range of templates that you can scroll through and decide which will suit your business. You have to be somewhat comfortable with technology to get yourself up and running, at minimum to sign up, transfer your domain name if you already have one. The best part about Squarespace is that it does all the hosting and backups for you. This is a big deal for business owners who just don't have the capacity and knowledge to do this.
ConsIt's a little trickier to customize. I'm a WordPress person and work with clients that use Squarespace. I also find Squarespace a bit more difficult when it comes to SEO. I'm used to having more control over what I set as keywords and structure vs what I can do in Squarespace. That's also because I use WordPress with Yoast. That said, I've researched Squarespace and they do seem to do some decent ranking with their SEO tools. I am not an SEO expert so if that's a thing you want to learn more of, def dig in a little more. A challenge I found was with the Comments field. Have a look at how they work when you do a test run. If you have a client that's not comfortable with the admin side of Squarespace then pre-empt that with a walk through, and if you're administering the site you'll want to coordinate and handle the actual comment updates on their behalf.
December 18, 2018
Gabriel M.
Junior Graphic Designer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
July 5, 2018

“Wonderful Tool & Easy especially for beginners!”

ProsSquarespace is a really great product because it allows you to build on top of beautiful, professional designs, but you can also tweak it enough if you have the skills, to be completely unique without doing a lot of extra back-end work. If you don't know how to code but you want to have a lot of control over the way your site works and looks, it is absolutely perfect. I love Squarespace because of the very clean and simple layouts you can use, the ease with which you can edit and also the customer service is quote good. Any time I have had a problem, the customer service has been 9/10 helpful and when it wasn't, I ended up being able to solve my own problems after a bit of poking around.
ConsWhat I would like to see improved is the organization for bigger sites. I manage several websites, and one of my bigger clients has quite a lot of information and pages required, even after slimming content down to a bare minimum. It is sometimes quite confusing when going through larger website trying to find certain pages, content, or being able to edit that content. It can sometimes be quite frustrating and on those occasions, customer service obviously can't help. I know there must be a better way! Over all the organization is perfectly fine for smaller sites, but when its a service being paid for, I'd love to have something less "cookie-cutter" for other types of clients.
July 5, 2018
Andrew H.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2018

“Favorite turn-key web platform I've ever used. ”

OverallI recommend this product all the time to other small nonprofits and anyone trying to launch a creative idea because of it's immediacy, ease of use, professional abilities, and cost. So many features packed into an affordable website solution pack.
ProsThis is such a powerful website creation platform that anyone can use, regardless of your industry or business size. Plus, it's beautiful, easy to navigate, packed with all the right features you need (page navigation, embedded features, analytics, e-commerce, etc..). Plus, it's extremely cheap given the alternative of custom building a website, hiring a graphic designer, and then waiting for all that to be done. Can't say enough about how impressed I am with this platform.
ConsAt times, you're limited by our own creativity or experiences when trying to setup your website on your own. There is a learning curve to figuring out how to make the site do what you want it to do based on your creative abilities or how the drag and drop features work. This is also a benefit, but takes a bit to learn how to get things to turn out how you have them in your mind.
February 8, 2018
April F.
artist
September 24, 2019

“This software makes me look good!”

OverallI created a website for my artwork using Squarespace, and it makes me look good!
ProsThis program makes it easy to build a professional looking website in no time at all. There are many different templates you can choose from which offer a diversity of looks. Its easy to find a match with your product.
ConsOccasionally, the software isn't as intuitive as it could be. The graphics used for editing look like writing, when they are for image control.
September 24, 2019
Jessie Bell W.
September 12, 2019

“Love Squarespace”

OverallI create most of my client's sites using Squarespace because it is very easy to use.
ProsThis software is so easy to use and makes creating websites easy and fun. No matter your experience creating websites, you end up with a beautiful and functional finished product.
ConsIf you are a more experienced designer, there is limited functionality for implementing custom applications.
September 12, 2019
Greg H.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Love it, way better than WordPress”

OverallVery good, been using them for years. Still hate WordPress.
ProsIntuitive, easy to use, built-in hosting and SSL certificates, good designs
ConsLimited templates, this is where WordPress wins. But, it is nice because the platform is more intuitive and you don't need any coding experience.
August 28, 2019
July 25, 2019

“Great tool for small businesses and DIY website designers”

ProsSquarespace offers a simple, sleek interface that makes building a beautiful website fairly easy. It has a lot of different tools and functionality so that you can customize a site to your liking, and an advanced editor if you have the chops to do more technical back-end work. Their pre-built templates tend to be really visually appealing, so as long as you've got good imagery, you can create really compelling websites.
ConsSome integrations are lacking and/or don't exist yet, and compared to other tools, the platform as a whole is a little less robust in terms of what it can do. Also, sometimes on-page editing can be a little bit confusing/clunky.
July 25, 2019
Sports, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Easiest Website Builder There Is”

OverallAfter using almost all the different no-coding-required website builders out there, I think Squarespace is the fastest and easiest way to build a website, especially if you have e-commerce. Everything is integrated into their platform so it is very streamlined.
ProsSquarespace is not your average blogging site. It is made for businesses, both small and large. It is easy to use - you simply drag and drop elements to where you want it to be on your page. No coding is necessary. They also have tons of templates you can easily adopt so even if you are not a web designer, your end product looks professional and beautiful.
ConsIn Squarespace, there is almost more than one way to do something. This is great for tech-savvy folks who want more options. However, when training my clients to manage their website, it has been a bit more challenging because they only want to learn one method and the various options confuse them. I would recommend that Squarespace cleans up some of its elements a little bit so it is easier for a new user to know the difference between each other.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2019

“The best website customization tool for anyone”

OverallI'm mainly using Squarespace for both my personal portfolio website (I'm a graphic designer) and my startup's landing page. The various templates provided by Squarespace serves practically any purposes you could need a website for, so after a couple hours of research I was able to pick out the perfect templates for each sites and have a decent-looking website up in a day (although it took much more time afterwards with the specific contents).
ProsSquarespace is extremely simple to understand, customize, and create a beautiful-looking and highly-functional websites. They have one of the best customer supports. The platform is very user-friendly for developers, designers, and people with no website-building experience alike, with simple drag-and-drop tools, features explained in simple buttons and natural languages, and a separate dev platform for those with coding skills that want more customization. The templates provided are all simple and beautiful so you can't really mess up the design even with little to no design experience. Their forum is very active and you can get crowdsourced answers to almost any questions you come across while using Squarespace. I also love that it's so easy to connect any social media accounts you have as well as analytics tools that are critical for most websites!
ConsI've built 2 portfolio sites, 1 blog, and 2 business websites on Squarespace to date, and couldn't find anything I disliked!
February 26, 2019