SiteLock Ratings

Overall

About SiteLock

SiteLock, the global leader in website security solutions, is the only provider to offer complete, cloud-based website protection. Its 360-degree monitoring detects and fixes threats, prevents future attacks, accelerates website performance, and meets PCI compliance standards for businesses of all sizes. Founded in 2008, the company protects over 12 million websites worldwide. Learn more about SiteLock

Richard W.
IT Mgr
December 27, 2017

“Great service to protect your websites”

OverallGreat website security
ProsThis service protects your websites with a firewall to help protect you from Hackers, Bots, and Scripts. They also scan your web server for harmful viruses and scripts. They also have great support. The service also can make your websites load faster.
ConsIt can get a little pricey but it does do what it is meant to do and lets you know if it finds anything suspicious.
December 27, 2017
Germie B.
Entreupreneur
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
September 21, 2018

“SiteLock is the best!”

OverallI run four websites and all are protected with SiteLock. Anytime I have a question, they have 24/7/365 support and I am able to reach someone immediately. I am notified of any potential concerns (if any). They make me feel like family.
ProsThe software is easy to use and install. I can monitor my website through my SiteLock dashboard to view traffic and bots in real-time. Thank you SiteLock!
ConsI cannot think on any cons to this company.

By SiteLock on September 24, 2018
Thanks for the great review, Germie! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we¿re happy to hear you¿ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!
September 21, 2018
Rich H.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Does what it is supposed to”

ProsCompletely independent, works without any need for extra work. Very efficient and effective at working as advertised. Great customer service.
ConsOnly issue is more expensive than some other options

By SiteLock on August 22, 2018
Thank you, Rich, for your kind words! We¿re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
August 21, 2018
May 23, 2018

“Horrible customer service, does not care about customers”

ProsSitelock was a good idea at the start as my website was hacked with malware installed on my hosting account, they were able to scan it and ensure that "all" the malware was removed.
ConsBefore signing up with Sitelock, the rep I spoke to was amazing and went out of his way to help me. After I signed the 12-month contract, the service and the representatives I spoke with went, for a lack of better words, downhill. I found out that I *still* had malware on my hosting account. I ended up moving hosts and with my previous hosting company, Sitelock said they would need access to my FTP account, but once I had a new host, I generated new access credentials and they said they weren't working and couldn't login to my new FTP. I did this THREE TIMES. I asked if there was someone who could call me because I knew for a fact I was doing this correctly and the credentials were correct, nobody called me. When I called to terminate my Sitelock service they tried to talk me out of it for 10-20 minutes even though I had stated that I didn't want to work with them any longer and I just wanted out of the contract. It was VERY frustrating. I should have read other reviews online about the service before signing up with them, but the malware issue was something I was impatient about getting resolved.

By SiteLock on May 30, 2018
Dear Customer, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your experience with SiteLock. We are sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience. We would love to speak to you further to help resolve the issue and improve our internal policies and communications. May we reach out to you this week to help resolve the issue? Could you please provide the website name you called in about, as well as, the best phone number we may reach you at? Kind Regards, SiteLock Customer Experience Team
May 23, 2018
Retail, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2018

“Thorough and professional cleaning and monitoring service”

OverallGot the job done quickly, but I do feel we were swindled.
ProsThe engineer that helped with our site was very knowledgeable and professional. He was able to clean all malware from the website within hours. Also, provided email updates throughout the whole process and detailed what exactly was discovered, what was cleaned, and recommended steps to take to help prevent it from occurring again.
ConsTheir website, sales representative, and billing disclosures are not transparent and leaves out extremely important information that can be costly. The website states its a month to month service with absolutely no other information (we triple checked this). However, after signing up, the sales representative said it is a 6 month contract and you would be billed 3 months worth if you cancel before 6 months.
December 12, 2018
dunstan m.
musicican
Music, Self-employed
August 22, 2017

“adequate - until I tried to get out”

ProsSitelock provides some useful, albeit rudimentary, information about my web site health. Made me aware of a couple of issues.
ConsSitelock may perform a useful service, but be wary of giving them your credit card information. When you sign on for the paid service, Sitelock: 1) hides (makes it difficult to find) the fact that they default auto-renew (you can't sign up without agreeing to have them automatically bill your credit card every year); 2) hides (makes it difficult to find) how to stop auto-renew: a) you can't just stop auto-renew from your billing panel, the way you can with reputable businesses; b) you have to hunt their web site for a link (in extremely small font) to the page which contains instructions for cancelling; c) when you get to that page, turns out it's the 5000+ word "Terms of Service" document which you have to scour to find the - get this - PHONE NUMBER - you then have to call and get put on hold (or if you like, they will call you back 3 days later.) Once you finally get through, you have to jump through a lot of security hoops. All that just to cancel the service. Their product may or may not be OK, but be forwarned that with Sitelock, it's not easy to get out once you're in.
August 22, 2017
Publishing, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“SiteLock saved our website”

OverallI was on vacation when our manager called me in a panic. Our company website had been hacked and was displaying an offensive message to all who visited it. I called SiteLock and within 2 hours they had fixed the breach and safeguarded our site from future attacks. Being able to handle the situation while I wasn't at the office, and getting it resolved so quickly, was a lifesaver for us.
ProsSince installing SiteLock, we have had no issues with malware or site attacks. I especially like the weekly email report I get that shows me where the deterred attacks are coming from.
ConsI have not had any negative experience with this software.
November 27, 2018
Daniel J.
August 1, 2018

“saved my website! my site was infected with malware and viruses”

ProsThey were prompt in removing all viruses from my website and keeping my website safe. I got reports on the health of my website
ConsHonestly my only issues i have with this software was the pricing. Even though I was a go daddy customer and they gave me a better rate, it was way too expensive

By SiteLock on August 22, 2018
Hi Daniel! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we¿re glad to know you¿ve had a positive one.
August 1, 2018
Ana Maria A.
psychologist
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 14, 2018

“They have the most incredible customer service of any company”

ProsSitelock was instrumental in helping us protect our commercial website. His customer service was quick and friendly.
ConsSitelock is much more superior than other companies. Your customer service made me feel like I was the only customer. I highly recommend this company
November 14, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 3, 2018

“On The Fence”

ProsVery quick at detecting malware on your website and warns you about it on time. Customer service readily available with very quick responses. Solutions possibly tailor made (depending on the information you provide them with)
Cons1. SiteLock is not very specific with diagnosing the malware on websites. It just detects malware. However, where exactly the problem is or what the problem is, sitelock is unable to do. 2. The solutions given to me were actually really expensive and impossible for me to explore leaving me with no other option but to find a solution myself.

By SiteLock on September 6, 2018
Thank you for joining the SiteLock family! We¿re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
September 3, 2018
Josh A.
July 17, 2015

“Worked as expected”

OverallCompared to it's competitors, SiteLock seemed to be very fairly priced. I integrated SiteLock with my website about six months ago and it has done exactly as I had anticipated. It was easy to integrate, and when I did stumble at one point, their customer service was very quick and eager to help resolve my issue. Any website vulnerability concerns I had 6 months ago are no longer present thanks to SiteLock.
July 17, 2015
Sara R.
July 14, 2015

“Great Experience”

OverallI haven't had any negative experiences with SiteLock so far, and I don't expect to. It's extremely comforting knowing that I don't have to worry about malware attacks anymore. Their customer service is great, which just makes the whole experience that much better. I would definitely recommend this product.
July 14, 2015
Loretta M.
November 23, 2016

“I am pleased”

OverallWith Site Link, I have had quick responses, even when I have requested assistance outside of their business hours. They have called me back ASAP even without my leaving a message. I am very pleased with their product as well as their customer support.
November 23, 2016